off topic- trying to remain decent

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

off topic- trying to remain decent

Post by esercito sconfitto »

as far as I am still one of the moderators I will remain vigilant about not transforming this community into a ship of fools indifferent to everything

thus

I want to offer my deepest and heartfelt condolences to all the Russian members and contributors of the board for the horrific, vile and demonic attack in Moscow, occurred some hours ago, with beastial terrorists targeting innocent and defenceless people

may the Good Lord welcome their innocent souls; my prayers and thoughts for the wounded and families

and for Peace
Stormtrooper1990

Re: off topic- trying to remain decent

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

Esercito, let me be the first to reassure you that not all of us are indifferent to anything like this from happening. In fact the first I heard about this was from you just now. That being said i can't speak for many members for who the outside world doesn't exist here.

Terrorism is now a sad fact of life in many cities across the world. London, Rome, Moscow, Paris they are all on this long terrible roll call of pointless political violence. All we can do, myself included is offer condolences and our thoughts to our Russian members and their countrymen in this desperate hour.

But let's not forget who the real enemy is; Putin. It wouldn't surprise me if he was behind this act of evil. I know I shouldn't speculate but the timing is very convenient for him.
Put_In_War

Post by Put_In_War »

I'm still in disbelief from this tragedy. It's terrible that such things still happen.

My heartfelt condolences go out to everyone affected by this tragic event. I hope it never happens again anywhere else.
Cuccut0612

Post by Cuccut0612 »

Thanks Esercito,

I believe above all difference we face these recent years, people around the world are all the same all of us are long for peace and happiness. I also wish my fellow countrymen be brave, be strong and get up from this sad sad event.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I pretty much concenter myself to be a morally ambiguously person.
However, it pains me to see so many innocent being killed in any part of the world, regardless of their race, gender, religion or whatever.
I live in a Philadelphia, one of the largest cities in North America. We are extremely "diverse" in race, religions and so on.
In recent years this city was actually labeled "The Murder Capital Of America", with over 500 death from gun violence alone.
It is very sad that so many people must live in fear of being robbed, beaten or murdered for whatever the reason might be.
You don't have to look very far to find kindness. It's everywhere, you just have to open up your eyes to see.
My heart goes out to the victims of this recent attack. I really feel for their families and friends. It's the ones we leave behind who feel the hurt.
What I find so infuriating, is those responsible for this attack actually believe they are in the right.
But this is almost always the case in nearly every similar situation. A belief, an ideal, a religion, a politician, whatever, justifies the slaughter of anyone and everyone who doesn't hold the same believes or way of thinking.
Sorry for the rant, everyone.
Hold on tightly to everything and everyone you love. They won't always be there, because nothing last forever.
Also, rejoice in our little forum. It is a safe haven from the harsh reality that is life. We have a wonderful board, with many kind, interesting members.
Be safe, my friends.

Return to “General Discussion”