Help Recalling an Old Scene

Announcements & General Discussion
Stormtrooper1990

Help Recalling an Old Scene

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

Hi Everyone

While i was writing Ellana's stories, I had a brainwave about an old scene involving shapeshifters that was the old board but I haven't seen it on this one.

Back when I was a mere lurker, there was a scene from the TV series "The Fringe" on the old board ( I can't really recall the series or episode numbers I'am afraid. So apologies in advance.) which involved two shapeshifters replacing a young couple.( one of which is a cute girl.) We even got to see an aftermath of the girl, in her underwear.

If anyone can put my mind at ease and try to locate this old scene, it would be most appreciated.

Stormtrooper
simon4242

Re: Help Recalling an Old Scene

Post by simon4242 »

its from fringe season 2 ep 19 man from the other side katie findlay
Stormtrooper1990

Thanks Simon I will look it up later. I wonder why it's not on the board.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Stormy, I am a bit confused, you mentioned the old board, were you there ? :?:

I was believing that you have discovered this board ( and community) last year

if I am wrong I apologize for that :)
Stormtrooper1990

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:13 pm Stormy, I am a bit confused, you mentioned the old board, were you there ? :?:

I was believing that you have discovered this board ( and community) last year

if I am wrong I apologize for that :)
I was very briefly but I never got a chance to post anything on the old board before it went.

I used to be a lurker as far back as 2006.

I discovered this iteration of the board and joined the community last year.

Your not wrong my friend. :)
esercito sconfitto

... since 2006? Stormy you were the youngest lurker at that date :D

I was attracted by the poser stories by Slain at first, eventually realizing the importance of the USB trope ( or genre ) in my imagination

soon or later I will describe our genre in its historical evolution...
Stormtrooper1990

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:32 pm ... since 2006? Stormy you were the youngest lurker at that date :D

I was attracted by the poser stories by Slain at first, eventually realizing the importance of the USB trope ( or genre ) in my imagination

soon or later I will describe our genre in its historical evolution...
Yep, although I was interested in USB from an early age. I was inspired by scenes like Conan, Universal Soldier 2 and Terminator 3.

I was attracted by the works of Sound man and Lesther myself. But I always loved writing so I married two of my favourite things and boom! Stormy was born. So to speak. I agree that USB is an important trope and should be celebrated whether lethal or non-lethal.
esercito sconfitto

I believe that "our thing" starts in the '30s ... comic books, some movies .

Nothing prior to that date ;)

well, yes, there is "the goose girl " published in 1815 ( but it's an ancient fairy tale ) but the female-on-female "clothes stealing for disguise " as a proper trope exploded in the '70s everywhere in all the popular culture ( comic books, movie etc )

at some point it will be a very short story :roll:
Stormtrooper1990

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:52 pm I believe that "our thing" starts in the '30s ... comic books, some movies .

Nothing prior to that date ;)

well, yes, there is "the goose girl " published in 1815 ( but it's an ancient fairy tale ) but the female-on-female "clothes steling for disguise " exploded in the '70s everywhere in all the popular culture ( comic books, movie etc )

at some point it will be a very short story :roll:

Even though historically female kunoichi in feudal japan utilised disguises by stealing them from other women all the time.

I have seen a few of those films, both on clips here and watching movies.

Well not if I can help it. ;) Plus modern streaming series and some recent movies have featured USB, so I would say the futures bright.
esercito sconfitto

the future of our trope will be a different thing; the future of our trope is shaped in the East Asia

look at Pixiv... can't you notice a trend?

so far ( here... "in the West " ) it was something about a woman taking the clothes of another woman for a disguise :)

but at Pixiv it's about a woman taking the clothes of another woman AND a corpse as a plaything :o

Return to “General Discussion”