Ghazan: Pilot Episode

rufusluciusivan

Ghazan: Pilot Episode

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Hello everyone. First, I'll start with something a bit awkward. I usually don't directly ask for comments, but this upcoming story is a bit special - in that it's something akin to a pilot. Consider it a way to introduce to you the main characters, their dynamics, their conflicts, and the lore. Those of you who remember the previous Pakal story know this sort of saga features more exposition and non-uniform-stealing-related character development than usual, so that's why I'm wishing to know if you're interested in this story. It's not necessary to leave a long review if you're among those who prefer to read without commenting - just a quick "I'm interested" or "I'm not interested" will suffice. But please be honest. Writing this type of story takes more time, so I might as well only do it if it interests people. If not, there will always be other projects...

Disclaimer: This story is a sequel story to Pakal, taking place roughly 25 years later. The main characters are new characters, and the stakes are new, so deep knowledge of the first saga isn't necessary to understand this story, but be warned there will be a lot of references and returning characters in minor roles. (I'd still advise reading the epilogue of Pakal.)

First, if you need help to visualize where all the fictional locations are:

Pilot: Part 1/3

Batya yawned, and looked at the stars. It was a clear night – no cloud at all.

The marine wished she hadn’t drawn the short straw. Now, she was on guard duty for the night.

The black-haired dark-skinned brown-eyed woman adjusted her belt. She was wearing a red sailor cap, a wide white long-sleeved tunic, brown trousers, and black shoes. A brown belt was tied around her waist.

Batya was walking the docks. At this time of the night, they were empty. The merchants were comfortably sleeping in their homes, and the sailors were either resting on their ships or spending their pay in taverns or whorehouses.

The marine thought her patrol was pointless. Who would dare attack the ship she was watching?

The Queen’s Fury was the latest addition to Ghazan’s war fleet. A brand new flagship built to lead the fight against pirates. Indeed, these ruffians had become bolder and bolder the past couple of months. It was time for the navy to teach them a lesson!

The guard’s thought process was suddenly interrupted by the sounds of footsteps. She reflexively grabbed the hilt of the dagger strapped onto her belt, just in case.

The newcomer was clad in a colourful red-orange-and-golden-yellow short-sleeved long dress. A hot red sash was tied around her waist, and she was wearing cheap but colorful jewels. Her outfit was designed to catch the attention of passerbys. The dress indeed had a neckline most men would easily notice...

Batya rolled her eyes, and let go of her weapon.

A harlot...

The woman was staggering. Batya supposed she was a bit drunk. She approached her.

The harlot had auburn hair tied into a ponytail, and a light skin. There were a few freckles on her cheeks. However, the most noticeable thing about her appearance were her eyes. They were a captivating shade of blue and green – as deep and changing as the Sea.

“This area is off-limit.” Batya warned her.

The harlot giggled. “Don’t you want some company? Nights are pretty long and lonely in this part of the town...”

Drunk indeed. Batya thought to herself, with a feeling of disgust.

“I’m not interested. Go away, or I’ll have to use force.”

“Oh come on, I’ll make it worth your time!” the woman teasingly retorted, with a hand in her cleavage. “Check this!”

Suddenly, without any warning, the woman threw a strange grey powder she had been hiding in her hand at Batya’s face.

The marine coughed and took a few steps back. This strange powder was blinding her.

The harlot moved behind Batya, and wrapped an arm around and over the marine’s throat. She was swift. Her drunkenness had only been an act. She tightened her grip, cutting Batya’s breath.

“Neat technique, uh? It comes from the land of Kin. They call it a ‘sleeper-hold’. With enough pressure, I can even go one step further and snap your neck. But we won’t need to go that far tonight, do we?”

The auburn-haired woman’s voice was sharp. No drunk mumbles anymore.

The marine gurgled, but couldn’t make a sound. She couldn’t breath either. Stars started to dance in front of her eyes.

She quickly passed out.

Batya was woken up by a faint high-pitched noise. She shook her head, trying to recover her senses.

The marine first realized she was almost naked. Her only articles of clothes were her undergarments: a black leather strap wrapped around her breasts, and brown underdrawers.

Batya attempted to move, but realized her wrists were cross-tied behind her back with ropes. Her ankles, calves and thighs were also bound. One last coil was wrapped around her shoulders. A thick bandanna was tied in-between her teeth to muffle her protests.

Batya was concealed behind a big pile of ropes. Next to her, she could feel the warmth of an other woman’s bare skin.

The girl looked young, in her early twenties, with a tanned skin, soft reddish brown hair, and green eyes. Her haircut was an exotic crown-braid. She was trussed up with ropes the same way as Batya, and gagged with a thick bandanna.

She was also completely naked, her big breasts and sexy curves fully displayed. The girl was sobbing, though her cries were muffled by her gag. These were the noises Batya had heard.

The marine’s groggy mind started to put the pieces together. She suspected the woman who had assaulted her was an impostor, and the girl in front of her was the real owner of the dress.

“Good. You wake up just in time for the spectacle.”

Batya raised her head.

Her mugger was standing next to them, towering above Batya. And she was now wearing her marine uniform!

The woman noticed Batya’s glare. “Suits me well, don’t you think? I guess the only difference between pirate and marine is the flag under which one sails…” She bent forward, and patronizingly tapped Batya’s cheek. “Now, please remain still, and enjoy the show.”

Batya looked at what she was pointing with her finger. She could discern the silhouette of a ship approaching the Queen’s Fury.

Batya understood why she had been mugged. With her out of the picture, there had been nobody left to warn the soldiers on the admiral vessel.

The enemy ship’s crew suddenly activated several strange devices, which vaguely looked like ballistas mixed with bellows. However, instead of arrows, they were throwing some strange black oily liquid. Then, the pirates shot a few flaming arrows.

The result was instantaneous. The liquid immediately caught fire. In no time, a blazing inferno was roaring. The Queen’s Fury was on fire!

“Magnificent, uh? It’s liquid fire.” the auburn-haired pirate commented.

Batya couldn’t believe her eyes. Liquid fire was a powerful but expensive tool of war. How could lowlife scums such as these pirates get their hands on some?

Screams of alarm and pain could be heard from the burning ship.

“That should send a message to the king. The sea is ours now.” Batya’s mugger commented. “Too bad for your friends still on the ship… I don’t think they’ll be able to escape in time...”

She then glanced at the two bound-and-gagged women.

Batya stared at her with undisguised hatred.

“You’re wondering why I didn’t kill you?”

The pirate cupped Batya’s chin.

“Simple. Tales can’t spread if there aren’t any survivors...”

With a wicked chuckle, she left the two trussed up women to struggle in the dark.

It was the end of the afternoon.

Yuka sighed, and rubbed her temples. She was feeling very tired.

Motherhood could do that...

Yet, the sight in front of her was familiar. Or, more precisely, it used to be familiar when she was young, 25 years ago… But now she was 53, and while her body physically aged slowly – like all shapeshfiters did –, she was feeling very tired.

Lying on the bed in front of her, a young woman was thoroughly restrained. Each wrist was tied to one bedpost with rope. An other coil of rope was binding the girl’s legs together, and a last one was wrapped around her pelvis and the bed to prevent her from moving too much. She was cleave-gagged with a thick red scarf.

The girl had neck-long curly brown hair, golden brown eyes, and a tanned skin. Her breasts were small but round, and her thighs were thick. Her cheeks and waist were chubby. She had been stripped down to her undergarments: She was only clad in a light pink underdress. The undergarment was thin and plain, thigh-long and sleeveless, with white edges and shoulder straps.

The bound-and-gagged girl was a servant of the palace. It was obvious someone had stolen her outfit.

And Yuka already knew who the culprit was.

A young woman in her early twenties walked next to the shapeshifter. She was Yuka’s spitting image – albeit roughly three decades younger.

“Aisha?” the newcomer asked.

Yuka nodded. She looked at her daughter. “Yasmin. Your sister is up to her usual tricks.”

Yasmin sighed, and shook her head. “Again…”

Yuka unknotted the scarf, and ungagged the plump servant.

“Ezgi… Where is Aisha?”

“My queen! The princess assaulted me!” Ezgi exclaimed very fast. “She used her royal status to make me comply! She left me no choice!”

The maid was, of course, lying. Yuka could see the ghost of a smile on the servant’s lips. And there were hickeys on her neck and shoulders. She was Aisha’s lover, and they had conspired together.

However, Ezgi also knew Yuka and Rashid were benevolent towards the palace’s staff – perhaps a bit too much. Plus, as head servant and personal handmaiden of a royal princess, Ezgi both did her job perfectly and was immensely popular among the staff. Finding a replacement would be very hard. The plump servant knew they wouldn’t fire her for assisting Aisha in her running away.

There was an important state ceremony and dinner later that afternoon. The kind which had a heavy-handed rigid protocol. Aisha had most likely slipped away to avoid it. It wasn’t the first time…

Yuka was feeling conflicted.

As a mother, she wanted to encourage her daughter to find her own path. She understood her girl’s feelings. Aisha needed thrills. She needed freedom. She needed to be outdoors, without the burden of a strict protocol. Out of Yuka’s and Rashid’s three children, Aisha was the only one who had inherited her mother’s temperament. Yuka had been like that when she was a teenager – before Hinata’s death. Rebellious. Wild. Always outdoor. Always picking up fights. Yasmin and Ahmed were their father’s children through and through – calm and collected just like him. But Aisha was reminding Yuka of who she used to be. She wanted to give her daughter the happiness she had been robbed of by Hinata’s death...

However, as a queen, Yuka also knew Aisha’s behavior was going to weaken Rashid’s faction. It had been 15 years since Mehmet’s death, and Rashid’s crowning. A period of time long enough for her husband’s reforms to have taken effect, and for the people to have become used to them… but also short enough for the king’s opponents to still have enough supports to undo them if they played their cards right. Thanks to Rashid, the kingdom of Ghazan was stronger. However, the conservative aristocrats were unhappy. The reforms had greatly reduced their influence. They were looking for any opportunity to undermine Rashid’s authority.

Plus, currently, the kingdom was facing a resurgence of piracy. These new pirates were more organized than usual. They had better ships, better tactics, and better weapons. Rashid had a hard time containing them, and his failure was eroding his popularity. The conservative aristocrats were, of course, taking advantage of the situation. And several foreign countries were moving forward their pieces, trying to expand their influence over Ghazan.

In that context, Yuka feared her husband’s enemies could use her rebellious daughter against him.

Or worst… that they could hurt her.

“Yasmin. Tell the captain of the guards to mount a search party.”

Aisha exited the main building of El Idriss’ royal palace.

The complex was very busy. Plenty of maids, guards, scribes, and messengers were doing their errand.

The young woman looked around, and smiled. The servant clothes she was wearing were doing their trick. Nobody had realized that one of the royal princesses was walking among them.

Aisha, like her twin sister Yasmin, had inherited most of her mother’s features. She had straight dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. Her skin was tanned, and her face was round-shaped. She was of average size, with unremarkable curves: flat hips, thin limbs, and small breasts – something which annoyed her a lot.

Currently, the runaway princess was clad in a white tunic, a white cloth sash wrapped around the waist, a white ankle-long skirt, and sandals. Her hair were tied into a plain ponytail with a blue ribbon.

Aisha was careful to avoid making eye contact with anyone. She was walking with her head slightly down, but without any hesitation – acting as if she had been called somewhere for her duty.

Discreetly, the disguised princess entered one of the palatial complex’s many storerooms.

Satisfied she hadn’t been followed, Aisha closed the door.

A woman hidden in the shadows suddenly spoke: “Took you long enough.”

Aisha scratched the back of her head, and smiled apologetically. “Sorry Zaïde.”

The other woman stepped into the light coming from one of the windows. “You’ll never learn to be punctual…”

“Hey! I’m a royal princess! A lot of people watch me. Sneaking out is hard. It takes me a lot of time and efforts.”

“Especially when it involves stealing the clothes of your pretty servant.” Zaïde smiled slyly, and added: “I bet you took your sweet time binding her… and she loved every second of it.”

Aisha did her best to not look flustered. “Don’t tease me!”

“I’m the senior. It’s my privilege.”

Zaïde was indeed two years older.

She was Aisha’s cousin. Daughter of Istir, the former head courtesan, and of the late prince Yusuf, Rashid’s older brother. Ghazan’s complex court etiquette meant that, while Zaïde had no claim to the throne, she was still considered part of the core royal family.

Zaïde had inherited her mother’s flawless curves and sensuality, but also Yusuf’s tanned skin, brown curly hair, and green eyes. Ironically, she looked more like Rashid than his actual daughters… Though Aisha envied more her cousin’s busty chest, and her hips and behind which were the heart of many men’s (and women’s) fantasies.

“Can we just leave?” Aisha said to close the topic.

Zaïde nodded. “Follow me. We’ll pretend you’re doing an errand with me.”

The curvy young woman was dressed as a scribe. Her hair were tied into a professional tight ponytail. Yet, even the plain hairstyle couldn’t hide how gorgeous-looking she was. She and Aisha exited the storeroom.

“How did you get the clothes?” the princess asked.

“My mother had a set in her wardrobe. I borrowed them.”

“Trite. Couldn’t you at least steal them?”

“Not everyone has a pretty servant always at hand.”

“Zaïde!”

The curvy woman smiled. “You asked for it.”

“Let’s- Let’s just go meet up with Rasha.”

Indulgent, her cousin didn’t press her advantage.

Rasha finished knotting the scarf binding her victim’s wrists behind the back. Her restraint was makeshift, but the knot was tight, and the cloth was sturdy.

The poor girl moaned feebly and stirred a little, but she was deeply asleep – and wouldn’t wake up soon.

Binding and gagging the girl was probably unneeded. According to the apothecary, the sleeping potion’s effects would last for hours. However, Rasha couldn’t help it...

The thief loved the feeling of dominance she was getting when she was overpowering an other woman, or when she was robbing her of her clothes. And she was feeling the same thing when she was moving and binding their motionless unconscious bodies.

The other thieves and cat burglars kept telling Rasha her fun was an unnecessary liability. That she shouldn’t bother herself with lugging around bondage tools. That she wasted time when she was trussing her victims up, and that she could be spotted at any moment. They said it was more practical to just stuff them somewhere once they were unconscious – or dead.

And Rasha agreed with their point. (Though she also liked to remind them she was the city’s best thief even with her self-inflicted handicap.)

However, she couldn’t help it. Rasha maybe loved money, but she also loved adrenaline. She was a risk addict. Of course, like everyone, she wouldn’t turn down a boring job – easy money was better than no money after all. However, she preferred when there was a challenge. She preferred when there was danger. And what better way to have a challenge than to take a few calculated risks? In a way, she was being fair. She was giving the people she robbed a chance to find her in time.

And she simply preferred to bind her victims. It was so much more pleasurable… Rasha loved that feeling of dominance.

The thief shoved an other thick piece of cloth in her victim’s jaw, in-between the teeth, and tightly knotted the cleave-gag behind her head.

The poor girl was now thoroughly restrained and silenced. Her wrists were cross-tied behind her back with a scarf Rasha had found in the storage room. An other scarf was tightly wrapped around her thighs, and a third one was binding her ankles together. Rasha preferred to make due with improvised restraints whenever she could. Of course, like any cat burglar worth her salt, she was carrying rope. However, she preferred to use it scarcely – in case she needed it to climb down a wall.

The bound-and-gagged girl was a novice of the Church of the One True God. She was young – most likely in-between 18 and 20, with a round-shaped juvenile-looking face, and a small nose. Her hair were dark brown and short. Her haircut was a square cut. Her skin was tanned, and her eyes were green-brown.

The novice had had the bad luck of coming across Rasha after she had sneaked inside the temple by climbing the wall. The thief was looking for a disguise. The novice was her size. End result, the novice was now only clad in a thick grey cotton underdress, thigh-long and with short sleeves.

Rasha dragged the girl’s unconscious body, stashed her inside a wardrobe, and pushed her into the back corner. Then she closed the door with her foot to conceal the unconscious novice.

Contrary to most thieves, Rasha wasn’t afraid to rob the Church. Of course, she believed in Aharu Azdam, the One True God, “of Whom all the other gods are merely the aspects”. However, she was part of a sect which didn’t think the Church was legitimate to speak in Their name.

Though she didn’t mind her colleagues’ faith. It meant less competition for her!

Rasha briefly checked herself and her disguise. Her black hair were tied into a short ponytail. The thief’s skin was tanned, and her eyes were dark brown. She hadn’t had the luck to be blessed with an attractive body, but she didn’t mind. In fact, Rasha preferred her small breasts, flat curves, and plain appearance. They helped her go unnoticed. Thanks to her average size, most of the clothes she stole were a decent fit.

Rasha was wearing the novice’s outfit: brown sandals, a long black religious robe with a hood, and a white cloth sash tied around the waist.

The thief smiled. The illusion was perfect. And she hadn’t even needed to remove her own outfit – she was wearing the robe over her thief’s clothes. Thanks to the wide religious garb, she could even conceal her tools and the rope she had wrapped around her torso.

The cat burglar was now ready for an other perfect heist, one which would fuel her legend...

Rasha was a former street kid who had played her cards right. The sixth child of a poor family, nothing had marked her out for greatness. She was simply a bit smarter and nimbler than most others, two qualities she had put to good use. Twenty or so years later, she was one of the kingdom’s most famous thieves. Or infamous, depending on who you asked.

Well, famous... Most people didn’t know her face. They only knew her nickname. Whisper.

Rasha adjusted her stolen robe, then put on a white face-covering mask. Novices were supposed to wear a mask during their service as a token of humility. It was the reason why the thief had chosen to impersonate a novice.

Suddenly, Rasha’s acute ears picked up a noise through the door. Someone was approaching.

The disguised thief remained cool-headed, confident nobody would suspect the nearby wardrobe was hiding a bound-and-gagged scantily-clad girl. She got in character, and pretended to be rummaging through the shelves.

The storage room’s door was opened. It was a priestess. She saw Rasha, but was fooled by the thief’s outfit, mask, and docile attitude.

“Novice. Good timing. I need someone to carry new candles in the inner sanctum. You’ll do.”

Rasha discreetly used her foot to make sure the wardrobe’s door was properly closed.

“Of course.”

Rasha played the part of the obedient novice as she was following the priestess, carrying a handful of candles.

The priestess leading the way had hazel brown eyes, neck-long reddish brown hair and a slightly tanned skin. She was thin and tall, with sharp cheekbones. She had the fit body of someone who led an active lifestyle and avoided excesses. She was wearing a beige hooded ankle-long religious robe with long baggy sleeves. A white cloth sash was tied around her waist. She was walking in brown leather sandals.

Rasha estimated the woman’s clothes could fit her…

The priestess led the disguised thief into the temple’s inner sanctum. Rasha was smiling internally. Thank you for making my job easier… I won’t even need to come up with an excuse...

Once inside the room, the priestess started to arrange the candles.

Rasha recognized what she was doing. It was one of the Church’s most well-known purification rituals. Rasha didn’t know the specific details, but she knew one thing. The one performing the ritual was going to spend hours in the inner sanctum, praying and meditating… And nobody had the right to disturb them, under any circumstances.

Things were becoming interesting...

The priestess finished her preparations. “Thank you, novice. You are dismissed. Return to your duties.”

Rasha stepped forward.

“Of course. But first, there’s one last thing I need to tell you.”

The priestess looked at the disguised novice. “What is it?”

Rasha punched the woman directly in the face. The priestess grunted, and collapsed on the ground. Out like a light.

“Sleep tight.”

Rasha rolled the motionless woman onto her stomach. She removed the priestess’ sandals, then untied her cloth sash. Finally, she took off the religious robe.

The woman was left clad in a black knee-long sleeveless slip. The undergarment was thin, highlighting some pretty decent curves, big round breasts, and shapely thighs.

“Those baggy religious outfits… You never know what treasures lie under until you remove them…” Rasha joked.

The thief took off her novice robe, and grabbed the rope she had concealed wrapped around her torso in case she needed to flee by climbing a wall. She used it to tightly hog-tie the priestess: binding the arms, the wrists, and the ankles, then connecting the ropes together. She cut a few strips of the discarded novice robe, and used them to gag the woman, as well as to tie her thighs together.

Rasga then slipped into the priestess robe, put on the sandals, and wrapped the cloth sash around her waist. The baggy garment was perfect to conceal her thief outfit and tools once more.

The real priestess groaned. She was slowly regaining her senses.

Too late...

Rasha left the bound-and-gagged woman lying in the middle of the room, in open view. The next person entering the inner sanctum was in for a big surprise…

With the priestess out of the way, Rasha began to search the room.

“Now… They should be in the inner sanctum somewhere… Ah! There they are!”

The offerings.

Rasha ignored the big objects – gemstone-encrusted gold chalices and various precious tableware. However, she grabbed all the small jewels, storing them in small sacks strapped onto her belt. For her trouble, she also stole a couple of purses filled with coins.

Once she was done, Rasha adjusted the priestess robe to make sure the garment was concealing the stolen goods.

She noticed the priestess was now awake, and glaring at her. The thief winked at the bound-and-gagged woman. She ignored her squirms of anger, and left the inner-sanctum.

Exiting the temple was unbelievably easy with a priestess robe. Rasha actually afforded the luxury to leave through the front door. When the guards politely saluted her, she returned the salute. She was laughing up her sleeves, and had a hard time keeping a straight face.

She relished the feeling.

The disguised thief knew exactly which itinerary to use in order to leave the area quickly.

At one point, when nobody was looking at her, she nimbly entered a dark empty alleyway.

Flawless victory… Rasha thought to herself.

However, the thief suddenly froze.

There was a woman blocking her path. She was wearing the sand-colored large desert coat, the beige cloth wrapped around the waist, and the white headcloth of the desert tribes’ bedouins. She was armed with a jezail – a brand new weapon which combined the technology of oversea firearms with Ghazanite power-infused crystals.

The woman’s headcloth was designed to cover all the hair, and she was also using it to conceal her lower face. However, Rasha could still see a few locks of red hair.

“Ah. Dear Beatrix! As reliable as ever!” Rasha said to the redhead. “I trust you made sure nobody came nosing around…”

The other woman nodded and stepped forward.

Beatrix was an oddity. Her mother came from the former Vassal Kingdoms (now named the Northern Kingdoms), hence her name, but her father was a Charioteer. Mixed children like her were almost unheard of, as Charioteers usually didn’t marry outside their people. However, Beatrix could never deny her heritage. She had the inimitable fluffy curly bright red hair and amber-coloured eyes of her father’s people. However, contrary to full-blooded Charioteers, she didn’t have a bronze-coloured skin – hers was only lightly tanned. She was taller and had broader shoulders than the average woman, but her long limbs were skinny, and her face was thin and angular-looking.

In the underbelly of El Idriss, Beatrix was a minor celebrity. Officially, she was a bounty hunter. In truth, she was more akin to a thug-for-hire – working with criminals as often as she was chasing them. Her fees were higher than the average grunt, but her sharpshooting talents more than made up for them.

Recently, Rasha had formed a very profitable partnership with the redhead.

“Nice outfit by the way. You stole it?” the thief joked.

“These clothes belong to me. I bought them years ago.”

“Lame...”

Rasha kept on walking.

However, when the thief passed next to Beatrix, the redhead suddenly spoke again: “Your bounty has increased. I could turn you in, and get a hefty price…”

Rasha didn’t lose her smile. She didn’t even blink. Instead, she threw a purse of coins. Beatrix nimbly caught it.

“But we know you won’t.” the thief simply retorted.

The red-haired bounty hunter shrugged. “We have a deal, don’t we?”

Rasha laughed. “With a business associate like you, who needs friends?”

The purse of coins disappeared inside Beatrix’s coat. “I trust the heist went well.”

“Disappointingly well, actually. Hardly a challenge.” Rasha tapped the small sacks filled with jewels strapped onto her belt, still concealed under the religious robe. “In truth, this was a mere pastime before my meeting of today…”

The thief left the area. Beatrix followed her.

While walking, the redhead removed the scarf covering her lower face. She had a broken nose, which was giving her a dour expression all the time. Her red hair were tied into a ponytail, but Beatrix hadn’t been able to prevent cowlicks from escaping her tight hairdo.

“I don’t like working for the princess. She’s an idealist. She’s reckless. It’s too risky.” the redhead complained.

“You already voiced your objections, and I already heard them. The money Aisha offers WAY outweighs the risks. Besides, things have turned out fine the previous times, right?”

Beatrix grimaced, but she didn’t try to argue further. She knew her place. Rasha was paying her, therefore she would follow Rasha’s orders.

It was a good healthy relationship...

The pair was walking the streets.

It’s not good… Rasha thought to herself.

Too many people were glancing at them. Some were even doing a double take.

The thief was still wearing her priestess outfit. She stood out too much in this part of the town – especially while walking alongside someone as shady-looking as Beatrix.

“You seem preoccupied.” the redhead commented.

Rasha smiled. “Oh. Am I so easy to read?”

“You keep looking all around you.”

“I think we stick out too much…” the thief explained. “It’s because of my clothes. Someone dressed like me shouldn’t walk with a woman wearing rags such as yours.” She briefly looked at her partner, and added: “No offense.”

“None taken.”

“Now, if only I could-” Rasha suddenly stopped talking, as something was peaking her interest.

More precisely, someone.

The woman was from one of the nomadic tribes of the southern desert. Rasha could see it with her clothes. The lass was a long and robust brown woolen robe covering all the body. The robe was actually even longer than her wearer and was gathered at the waist with a dark blue cloth belt. To protect her head and neck, the woman was using a brown headscarf tied with a dark blue headband. She was also wearing a veil to cover her face. In her customs, this was both a token of modesty and a way to protect oneself from the sand.

The thief smiled. “Give me ten minutes.”

Beatrix groaned. “Do we have to?”

Rasha indulgently rolled her eyes. Her red-haired accomplice was a war veteran. Like many soldiers and former soldiers, she was despairingly unsubtle. “It’s indispensable.” she retorted.

The veiled woman went into an alleyway.

The thief snickered to herself.

It was too easy…

She rushed after the unsuspecting woman.

Beatrix leaned back against the entrance of the alleyway. She ignored the sounds of the sudden scuffle, and the muffled yelps for help.

Ten minutes later, Rasha exited the alleyway.

“As good as new!” she beamed. “I won’t tell you what her underwear were though. Or what she looked like. Or if I tied her up. You’re going to have to use your imagination for your fantasies.” *wink* *wink*

Beatrix glared at her. “What’s up with you all of the sudden? I couldn’t care less.”

“One day… One day I will meet someone who does care… So that my effects won’t fall flat…”

Beatrix adjusted the shoulder strap of her firearm. “Can we go now?” she complained.

Rasha sighed theatrically. “Lead the way.”

They couldn’t afford to be late. They had a date with a princess after all.
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
esercito sconfitto

Re: Ghazan

Post by esercito sconfitto »

a great return!

back to the Pakal saga! :D

and thanks for the map!

PS more details about the footwear, thanks in advance ;)
simon4242

Post by simon4242 »

well written, evocative,sets up the good and bad characters ,though going forward if rasha herself gets her uniform stolen that may well round off her character a bit,some humilty as the stakes get higher,as for the pirate at the start,,,looking forward to seeing more of her
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

So I know I had some inkling of this story beforehand, but it's still a welcome surprise. It's nice to be back in the world of Pakal, with its detailed world-building (the new map looks great) and characters.

The introduction is fast-paced, and introduces us to a half-dozen new characters in the space of a few scenes. We don't get to spend a lot of time with any of these characters just yet, since the intro chapter is quite brief, but I imagine there will be more to learn of them as the story progresses. That's part of the fun of these sagas - the character-building as well as the world-building.

There are also quite a few USB scenes for such a brief chapter, which is impressive. And the scenes vary enough in tone to give us a different sense of each woman committing them. That's probably why Rasha leaves the biggest impression - she engages in three USB scenes in swift succession, allowing us to get a decent sense of her personality and tactics. In particular, I appreciate the "offscreen" mugging of the nomadic woman at the end of the chapter - it's a fun scene which shows that Rasha is both cunning and mischievous, two traits that are hallmarks of a professional uniform thief. ;)

As with Pakal, I can't promise that I'll get fully invested in the world-building of the story (I have little prior knowledge of Mayan/Aztec or Middle Eastern culture or wardrobes), but I don't think I'll mind. I got totally caught up in Pakal due to the delightful characters and their interactions (plus the well-written USB scenes), making it a fun and exciting journey. And in the end, that's what really matters. I eagerly anticipate what this "Next Generation" saga will bring to the series.
rufusluciusivan

To tirepanted: I started to post the story sooner than I first planned, you could say I'm taking a bit of a calculated risk.
tirepanted3 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:36 am The introduction is fast-paced, and introduces us to a half-dozen new characters in the space of a few scenes. We don't get to spend a lot of time with any of these characters just yet, since the intro chapter is quite brief, but I imagine there will be more to learn of them as the story progresses. That's part of the fun of these sagas - the character-building as well as the world-building.
I really considered posting the pilot in one go - but I feared it would be too much content in one step - we're talking about two other parts roughly as long as this one and an epilogue. So technically, this is only one third of the introduction to the characters... Hopefully, by the end of the pilot, you'll indeed have learned more about all of them.

Rasha got lucky to start in medias res, so she got the lion's share of screentime in this part, since she was the one stealing uniforms. The next one will be focused on Aisha and Zaïde, since they'll be the one getting some USB action, so it'll be their time to shine. Given what I know of your preferences, I'm not surprised she left a big impression on you.

The world-building is one of my main motivations, but as before I'll try to not go overboard - just keep what's needed to understand the story's stakes... And to feature clothes inspired by real uniforms/clothes that, sadly, women weren't allowed to wear in old time periods. (As demonstrated by stormtrooper's historical fictions, women's clothes and professions were a lot less diverse before the 20th Century, and you can't have a woman in a "soldier-like" uniform during these times as well. Which is a shame.)

To simon: I'm resisting hard the temptation to spoil things about what will befall on each character. Wait and see, as they say.^^ Though I can say that the pirate girl (Eloise) is planned to become a main player only during the second third of the saga, so don't expect to hear a lot of her in the coming times.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

rufusluciusivan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:28 amRasha got lucky to start in medias res, so she got the lion's share of screentime in this part, since she was the one stealing uniforms. The next one will be focused on Aisha and Zaïde, since they'll be the one getting some USB action, so it'll be their time to shine. Given what I know of your preferences, I'm not surprised she left a big impression on you.
Yes, I do find Rasha's type of character entertaining in USB stories. I think there is potential for me to get invested in the other characters as well. (I'm already intrigued to learn more about Beatrix.) Just noting that Rasha has the advantage since much of the chapter is devoted to her. A fair deal of it is also devoted to Batya, who seems to be a minor character (a "setup" USB victim to introduce the stakes of the story). Though I'm curious to learn more about her mugger as well.
The world-building is one of my main motivations, but as before I'll try to not go overboard - just keep what's needed to understand the story's stakes... And to feature clothes inspired by real uniforms/clothes that, sadly, women weren't allowed to wear in old time periods. (As demonstrated by stormtrooper's historical fictions, women's clothes and professions were a lot less diverse before the 20th Century, and you can't have a woman in a "soldier-like" uniform during these times as well. Which is a shame.)
Indeed, I'm impressed by the level of detail you invest in keeping the clothes of your stories realistic to the time period (as well as the general culture they take influence from). I confess that I have considered writing this sort of "period piece" USB story in the past, but have found it a little too complicated (not to mention limiting) in what sort of clothes and uniforms can be shown. So I admire the writers on this board who hew to the finer details and write vivid USB stories set in the past.
rufusluciusivan

(I'm already intrigued to learn more about Beatrix.)
Kinda ironic. Beatrix is a former soldier i. e. a former sentry. :lol:
rufusluciusivan

Pilot: Part 2/3

“Rasha’s here!” Aisha commented with a smile. However, her expression soured when she saw the thief wasn’t alone. “Beatrix is with her…” she added.

“Why are you surprised? Rasha usually brings her along whenever she has a big heist in mind.”

“I don’t like her.”

“Why?”

“I don’t trust her. Beatrix is a mercenary. She’s only in it for the money.”

“Rasha is a thief.” Zaïde objected.

Aisha became a bit defensive. “She’s also in it for the adventure. That, I can understand. We’re kindred spirits.” she justified herself.

Her cousin shook her head to show her disagreement. “Beatrix is consistent. You make a deal, you pay her, and she honors the contract. She may oppose you one day, but only after the deal is over. That’s what I like about about her. Rasha is too unpredictable.”

Aisha didn’t answer even though she wanted. Rasha and Beatrix were now within earshot.

Instead, she welcomed her friend. “Rasha!” She ignored Beatrix, but the redhead didn’t seem to mind.

The thief embraced her. “Aisha! I’ve barely slept since you announced you had an other challenge for me!”

“Don’t worry. If you want a good challenge, you’ll get it.”

Rasha and Beatrix gathered around Aisha. The princess had hinted about her plan for weeks. They were curious to know what she had in mind, and why she was being so theatrical.

Aisha paused, for dramatic effect, then added: “The target is Esteban Mendoza. The ambassador of Felipe.”

Rasha whistled between her teeth.

Beatrix frowned. “He’s a powerful man.” she dryly stated.

Aisha ignored her. However, the redhead was right. In fact, her comment was even an understatement. Among the kingdoms from across the ocean, Felipe was one of the most powerful. Their trade was as intensive as Bommare’s, but their war fleet and army more than matched Ghazan’s.

The princess explained: “Azeneth always warns Father about her home kingdom. She says their aristocrats’ greed is only matched by their avarice.”

“Greed and avarice are the same thing.” Beatrix commented.

“I think she’s being hyperbolic.” an annoyed Aisha explained while rolling her eyes. “I’ve heard-”

“- more like spied on.” Zaïde quickly intervened.

“-HEARD conversations between my father and his advisers. Esteban is involved in plots against my father. Bottom line, the guy is shady as sin. He’s up to something. Something big. Something that threatens my parents. But they have no proofs, and he's still an ambassador, so they can’t do anything against him without creating a diplomatic incident. So I’m going to dig up some dirt. We’re going to infiltrate the embassy, to find out information about Esteban’s shady dealings, and to bring them to my father.”

“A little adventure to spy on the kingdom’s most dangerous guest? Inside his own well-guarded turf? Count me in!” Rasha intervened with a huge smile. She could barely contain her excitement. “I call first on all the valuables that fall under my hands!” she added.

Aisha couldn’t help but chuckle. “As long as they belong to him...”

Rasha paused, thinking of something: “But wouldn’t it weaken your claims to the throne to make a move against an ambassador? Even if you don’t get caught?”

Aisha shrugged. “I don’t care about ruling the kingdom. I have a sister and a brother who will gladly do it in my place. And they will do it a lot better than me. I just want to help them my way.”

"And I suppose your parents don't know about your attempt to help." Rasha insisted. "Nor would they agree."

Aisha grimaced awkwardly. "Yes... But I know it'll be worth it. When I bring them the proofs they need, they'll for sure accept it was for the best-"

“Can we get to the point, please?” Beatrix interrupted her.

Aisha bit her lower lip to refrain herself from retorting something rude. “Zaïde will explain the plan.”

Her cousin stepped forward. “Don Esteban is hosting a gala at the Felipean embassy tonight. We’ll take advantage of the party.”

Rasha chuckled. “I suppose you couldn’t get us invitations…”

“No. But I managed to get my hands on the guest list.” the curvy young woman explained.

Once more, the thief whistled between her teeth. She was impressed.

Zaïde didn’t add anything on how she had found the information. However, Aisha could easily guess how her cousin did it. Even after the dissolution of the Seraglio, Istir had managed to keep some political influence. She had a lot of contacts and informants, which allowed her daughter Zaïde to have access to sources of information even a royal princess like Aisha didn’t have.

“So how do you intend to use this knowledge?” Rasha asked.

“Leave that first step to Aisha and I. You two will wait for us at a meeting point near the embassy. When we’re ready, we’ll regroup with you. Then, we’ll explain the details of your part.”

A short while later, Aisha and her cousin were walking alone along the street. Rasha and Beatrix hadn’t appreciated to be left in the dark about the first step of the heist, but they had agreed to meet up with their partners at the given hour and place.

“Why didn’t you tell more to Rasha?” Aisha asked Zaïde.

“It’s best she doesn’t know the details before it’s too late for her to walk away from the plan… or to rat us out.”

“She’s my friend!”

“She’s also an outsider.” her cousin interrupted her. “Look, Aisha, I know you like her. But trust me on this one. I know how people like Rasha and Beatrix work.”

Aisha crossed her arms, and mumbled: “I suppose you’re right when it comes to Beatrix...”

Zaïde sighed, but didn’t try to argue further.

However, Aisha quickly forgot about their little disagreement. “So… Can I finally know about the first step?” The rebellious princess couldn’t hide her excitement.

While Aisha had come up with the general plan, Zaïde was the one who had thought of most of the practical details. Aisha was thankful for that – she had already had a hard time finding a way to flee the palace with Ezgi’s help. The princess wished the gala had happened at an other moment – maybe she would have been able to sneak out unnoticed, by pretending she needed to shop things.

Zaïde started to explain: “There’s a dancer girl from El Ommeya who’s recently arrived in town. Her name is Soha. She’s been the main attraction of the capital city’s upper crust these past few days. She is on Esteban’s guest list for the embassy’s gala.”

“So?”

“Wait for the interesting part: The woman likes to cultivate an aura of mystery. That’s why she’s so popular. She always wears a veil or a mask to hide her face in public.”

“That’s perfect!” Aisha glanced at her cousin, and couldn’t resist the idea of teasing her. “But you think you’ll be able to impersonate this Soha girl?”

“Please. My mother is the former head courtesan. Dancing is like breathing for me.” Then Zaïde smiled mischievously. “I’m more concerned about you actually. A dancer needs a good musician to accompany her. Can you actually play the part of my assistant?”

Aisha smiled too, and played along while using the same light-hearted tone of voice. “Please. My mother is the queen. I had the best education of the kingdom.”

“You would, had you not skipped half of your lessons…”

As a joke, Aisha pretended to take the huff. “It was part of the education. It taught me how to be discreet.”

“And tying up your pretty servant girl is also part of your education?”

Aisha blushed. “She was consenting! She wanted- We were-”

“Don’t worry, I’m just teasing. No need to be ashamed of your sexual experiments.”

Aisha shook her head, and changed the subject: “A-Anyway. How will we approach this Soha girl and her crew?”

Zaïde stopped in front of a specific inn. The place seemed to be busy. Lots of clients. Lots of noise too.

“I have a solution, but you won’t like it. Follow me.”

The two cousins entered the building.

In the common room of the inn, Aisha glanced at the targets Zaïde had in mind.

“Belly dancers? That’s your solution?” she complained.

Her cousin shrugged. “I warned you you wouldn’t like it.”

“Yeah, I know, but… Belly dancers? Really?”

“What do you have against them anyway?”

Aisha shifted nervously on her feet. “Nothing personal. It’s just… Their outfits… They show so much skin…”

“You’re so shy and prudish sometimes, cousin.” Zaïde complained. “I mean, for someone who likes to bind her pretty servant to the bedposts...”

“I was training to steal uniforms!” Aisha exclaimed.

“Of course… And snuggling and kissing her was part of the training…”

Aisha gave up trying to win the argument. “Let’s just grab these belly dancers!”

Nawaal was a gorgeous-looking woman, and she knew it. It was the reason why she became a belly dancer in the first place. She was curvy, with breasts and a bottom which were big enough to be desirable, but not to the point that she looked vulgar. Her tanned skin was flawless, her hands and feet were soft, her face was cute and round-shaped. She had deep hazel green eyes and luscious brown hair tied into a high flowing ponytail.

Her partner, Jaleela, was less conventionally pretty. Her features were skinnier, and more angular. She had a sharp diamond-shaped face with a pointy chin. She was tall, but only slightly curvy, with a dark skin. Her eyes were chestnut brown, and her hair were dark brown and tied into a high ponytail. However, she was exuding confidence. It gave her an undeniable magnetism. To some men, she was more irresistible than any curvy beauty. Plus, she was also one of the town’s best dancers.

Both women were wearing a belly dancer garb: a cloth headband adorned with sequins, a fitted top, a matching fitted hip belt, a translucent shawl and a full-length flowing skirt which was open on one side. The top and belt were richly decorated with sequins. Nawaal’s outfit was bright orange with gold sequins, while Jaleela’s one was dark green with silver sequins.

The two belly dancers had been hired for a private show. Their client had sent a request to the belly dancer guild, indicating the place and hour. Neither Nawaal and Jaleela nor their guild master had questioned the request. In fact, it was far from the most ludicrous demands they had heard during their career.

The two dancers stopped in front of a bedroom’s door.

“Is this the room?” Nawaal asked her partner.

Jaleela checked the small piece of paper. “Yes. The woman looked very eager.”

Nawaal shrugged. “With the money she’s offering, she can stare at me all she wants. As long as she doesn’t try to touch the merchandise. They told her we don’t do anything more than dancing?

“Of course.”

“Good. If she wants a harlot, she can just visit the harbor. We offer refined entertainment.”

The belly dancer guild had benefited a lot from the Seraglio’s dissolution. They were now the undisputed leaders of ‘high class’ entertainment. Nawaal and Jaleela were part of the new generation of belly dancers, the ones who had never had to deal with the competition of the courtesans, and who thought they were the top of the food chain.

The two belly dancers shared a smile, entered the designated inn room, and closed the door after them.

The wooden frame muffled the sounds of the ensuing scuffle, the cries for help, and the grunts. Then the rustles of clothes being removed.

“You made sure they won’t be able to retrace us?” Aisha asked her accomplice.

“Don’t worry. I’ve used a fake name.”

Zaïde had also dyed her hair red, and used make-up to lighten her skin.

The two friends finished stripping the unconscious belly dancers of their outfits.

Nawaal and Jaleela were left clad only in short and tight mid-thigh-long underpants of precious silk – orange for the former, green for the latter. Nothing was covering their chests.

Aisha was very flustered, and made sure to not look at Nawaal’s and Jaleela’s bare breasts and tits. “Belly dancer outfits…” she complained to herself.

When she had rented the room, Zaïde had brought coils of rope concealed under her cloak. She and Aisha used them to bind the two belly dancers’ limbs, wrists, and ankles. They then cleave-gagged them with scarves. Next, they tied a piece of cloth soaked with a sleeping potion over each woman’s mouth, to make sure they would breath the narcotic fumes, and remain asleep for the night.

Finally, Zaïde and Aisha laid the two unconscious women onto the bed, and wrapped a few ropes around their waists and the bed’s frame to make sure they’d stay still. Then they concealed their bodies with the blanket.

The two young women put on their new outfits. Zaïde slipped into the green belly dancer garb, and Aisha put on the orange one.

Zaïde also tied around her waist a garment which wasn’t part of the stolen uniform.

To an outside observer, said garment looked like a mere ornate woven golden belt. An accessory which didn’t look out of place with a belly dancer outfit. However, in reality, it was a bundle of small but very sturdy ropes. They would come in handy later…

Zaïde and Aisha exited and locked the room.

They needed to intercept Soha and her assistant before they left for the embassy. Thankfully, the dancer was staying at an other establishment nearby. They wouldn't need to cross half the city dressed as belly dancers.

Soha was resting at a place which was a gambling house, an inn, and a tavern at the same time. People could eat something and order a drink, then spend the night playing cards or an other game of chance, before going to spend their night in their rented room upstairs. The building was oval-shaped, and at its center there was an outdoors patio in which there were tables, palm trees, and a fountain.

Thanks to their outfits, Zaïde and Aisha went unnoticed. Belly dancers were a common sight in such places. They walked through the common rooms, and sneaked into the corridors leading to the inn rooms.

The area was empty. Most clients and employees were in the common rooms. The early night was the busiest time of the day for this kind of establishment.

The two disguised friends came across their first obstacle when they attempted to enter the inn bedroom in which Soha was staying.

A woman was blocking their path. She had neck-long dark brown hair tied into a small braid, dark green eyes, a tanned skin, and the fit muscular bodies of people who trained a lot.

According to her uniform, the woman was a private bodyguard, hired in the capital city’s bodyguard guild. She was wearing black shoes, a bright red mantle with yellow edges and matching red trousers with yellow stripes. A golden yellow sash was tied around her waist, alongside with a leather belt for the sheaths of her dagger and her scimitar. On her head, she was wearing a red fez hat with a golden yellow string.

Of course, the bodyguard was an obstacle. But at the same time, her presence meant Soha was still in her room. They were right on schedule...

Aisha and Zaïde walked towards the door.

The guard noticed them. “Halt. You can’t enter Soha’s room.”

“Can’t you make an exception?” Zaïde pleaded with her prettiest smile. “We just want to have a quick talk with her. From one dancer to an other. Everybody in the city is talking about Soha the masked dancer! We’re so curious…”

“I’m sorry, but you can’t disturb her. She’s preparing herself for an important gala.”

“Oh, I’m sure we can find an arrangement…”

Zaïde leaned forward, and teasingly played with the yellow string of the woman’s fez hat. She was literally putting her big cleavage right under the bodyguard’s nose. The invitation was clear, as well as the attempt to seduce her.

The woman looked uncomfortable. “Please. Stop doing that.”

Zaïde pushed her luck. “Why? Do you like what you see? I happen to love dutiful women like you… a lot...”

“Your charms won’t work on me. I’m not interested in women.” the bodyguard bluntly explained.

Zaïde pouted. “Oh.”

Aisha hid her snicker with her hand.

“Now please, can you leave?”

“Poor thing… She’s so embarrassed…” Zaïde looked at Aisha. “Maybe you can help her.”

Aisha grimaced. “I’m not sure I should use… 'you-know-what'.”

“Oh come on, it’ll be easier.”

The bodyguard frowned. “I said I wasn’t interest in wo-”

Aisha grabbed the woman’s hand.

Her palms started to glow.

The guard froze. Suddenly, she felt all her senses being dulled. A wave of pleasure.

“Ooooooh… Aaaaaah…” she moaned.

“Please don’t scream and stay still.” Aisha instructed her.

The guard smiled blissfully. “I… Unh… uhhhh…”

When Rashid’s and Yuka’s children had attempted to master the power they had inherited from their mother, they had realized that human blood was stronger than shapeshifter’s.

Their powers had been hampered. They hadn’t inherited Yuka’s ‘knock-out touch’, only a weaker bastardized version of it.

Aisha was overflowing her target’s mind with pleasurable sensations. Technically, her power wasn’t mind-control. But her victims were feeling such bliss that it was hard for them to refuse her suggestions. Usually, they were too overflown with sensations to think of fighting back or of calling for help anyway. Their thinking process was numbed – as if they were drunk.

Zaïde walked behind the bodyguard, and took the time to search for a small dart coated with sleeping potion she had hidden in her clothes. The other woman barely reacted when Zaïde gently jabbed the needle into a specific part between the shoulder and the neck. She kept on letting out small moans and incoherent words. Then, suddenly, her body went limp and slumped into Zaïde’s arms, who caught her mid-fall under the shoulders. Aisha stopped using her power and let go of the bodyguard’s hand. The woman’s eyelids closed and her head lolled to one side, as she fell deeply asleep. Her breathing was soft and steady. On her lips, there was still a blissful smile.

“You could have knocked her out from the start with one of your combat techniques. It would have been quicker.” Aisha remarked.

“She looked so embarrassed I felt sorry for her.” Zaïde explained. “Plus, I noticed your little snicker.”

“You know I don’t like using that power much. Things end up too… awkward.”

Aisha could recall of several occasions in which her touch had had too much effect. She was always feeling like a fool when they started to make aroused moans…

“Sorry.” Zaïde answered.

“What do we do now?”

“Grab her under the shoulders. Make it look like you’re trying to help her after she’s passed out.”

Zaïde knocked on the door.

Soha’s assistant opened it. She was already clad in her stage costume. Her trousers were red with black stripes. She was also wearing a matching red and black long-sleeved tunic with golden buttons, wrist cuffs, and shoulders. Her babouches were black.

The woman had short light blond hair, blues eyes, and a light skin. She probably rarely exposed herself to Ghazan’s harsh Summer sun. The blonde’s body was plain-looking.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t enter.” The assistant was speaking Ghazanite, but with a thick accent.

Zaïde pointed at the unconscious bodyguard, whom Aisha was carrying. “You have to help us. She’s just fainted. I think she’s ill.”

The blonde hesitated.

A voice called her from an other room. “Ingrid? What’s going on?”

“It’s Ummu. She’s passed out.”

“Lay her on the sofa. I’m coming. I’ve almost finished dressing up.”

Aisha saw Zaïde whisper: There’s no need to finish...

However, Ingrid didn’t hear anything. The assistant led them inside. “Put her here.” she instructed Aisha, pointing towards a comfortable sofa.

The blonde then glanced at Zaïde. “I’ll grab smelling salts...”

The busty young woman smiled. “Of course.”

However, the second Ingrid turned her back on her, Zaïde struck. She used the edge of her hand to hit a very specific spot of the blonde’s neck, right at the bottom, near the shoulder.

It was a combat technique which had been imported in Ghazan a few decades ago. Ironically, one of its very first users had been Istir’s former best friend Safiye.

Ingrid made almost no sound – barely a faint grunt. She was knocked out instantly. Zaïde caught her slumping body so that she wouldn’t make any noise by falling on the floor. The busty woman dropped her burden onto the nearby sofa, next to the unconscious bodyguard.

“Make her breath the sleeping potion.” she instructed Aisha. “I’ll deal with Soha.”

Aisha nodded.

She soaked a rag with the potion, then clamped it over Ingrid’s nose and mouth to make sure the blond would breathe the fumes. At the same time, she heard a brief scuffle in the other room, accompanied by a few muffled yelps and grunts.

A few moments later, Zaïde was coming back. She was dragging an unconscious woman by the undershoulders.

Soha was a gorgeous-looking woman, with ample breasts, shapely curves, and an hourglass-like figure. Her legs were long and well-toned. She had a soft tanned skin, sensual lips, luscious dark brown hair tied into a low ponytail, and golden brown eyes.

The unconscious woman was clad in her dancer outfit, although she wouldn’t keep it for long. There was a long deep purple flowy dress, adorned with translucent lace and gold sequins, tied around the waist with a golden yellow belt; and a matching purple sleeveless tunic with a golden collar. Long violet ribbons were wrapped around her arms. An ebony black mask with gold borders was hiding the upper-half of her face. She was also wearing a deep purple hairdress adorned with lace. Her shoes were purple babouches adorned with gold sequins.

Zaïde laid Soha face down onto a carpet, then she grabbed and removed her clothes one by one.

“A shame she uses a mask… Such a pretty face should be exposed for everyone to see!” Zaïde commented.

At the same time, Aisha took off Ingrid’s clothes.

Finally, Zaïde and Aisha also stripped the bodyguard down to her undergarments, and turned her discarded uniform into makeshift ropes. Zaïde also took the coil of ropes disguised as a ornate belt she was wearing.

Soha was left clad in a purple lingerie: a fitted top and a fitted hip belt. Ingrid’s underwear were a black sleeveless top and black underdrawers. Ummu’s undergarments were grey open drawers and white bandages wrapped around her chest.

The two friends trussed up each woman separately. They bound the wrists, the shoulders, the thighs, and the ankles with Zaïde's ropes and strips of uniforms. Then they cleave-gagged and blindfolded the three women with strips of Ummu’s uniform.

Zaïde rolled the unconscious bodyguard under the sofa to conceal her body. Then, she and Aisha dragged Soha and Ingrid inside the main bedroom. They rolled their unconscious bodies under the bed to conceal them.

The busty young woman then slipped into Soha’s dancer outfit, while Aisha put on Ingrid’s stage costume.

Once fully clothed, Aisha took a deep breath, and focused to try and use her shape-shifting power.

Her mother could completely modify her appearance. Aisha, however, was a lot weaker. She could change the color of her hair, her eyes or her skin, but not the very shape of her face or of her body.

However, to impersonate Ingrid, her power would be enough. The crowd never truly looked at Soha’s assistant – they were all captivated by the dancer herself. About the musician, they only remembered the main features – her light blond hair, her blue eyes, her white skin. Those, Aisha could replicate.

It took her a little time, but she ultimately succeeded. Aisha breathed in relief.

Zaïde nodded, and put on Soha’s mask. “Let’s not make our host wait any longer. We have a party to attend to.”

(This one felt a bit short, but I wanted to keep the main heist in one post.)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

A more straightforward chapter, giving some focus to two of the leads who were less-developed in Part 1, and featuring a traditional infiltration scheme that sets up the main heist in the next chapter. (Since this is the "Pilot" I suppose you could say this is a setup chapter within a setup chapter.)

It's good to learn more about Aisha and Zaïde, who appear to be the "main" duo, in that they seem like the more straightforward set of heroes than Rasha and Beatrix. It helps that Aisha is Yuka's daughter in this regard. Their dynamic is fun, as a pair of cousins and friends who lightly tease on another while also knowing how to work together.

In fact, I'm noticing the start of a group dynamic reflective of other stories of yours, dating back to the early Utopia stories. You have the leader (Aster, Aisha), the professional friend (Mikani, Zaïde), the thrill-seeker (Klenia, Rasha), and the mercenary-for-hire (Emery, Beatrix). I assume there will be more differences to notice as this story continues and the characters develop further, but that's the impression I get at this early stage. It feels like a bit of a nostalgic throwback to those early Utopia stories, focusing on a small group of women performing heists.

A lot of unfortunate dancers lose their outfits in this chapter - poor Nawaal and Jaleela, who want to be seen as "refined entertainment" but are quickly dispatched because the heroines see them as just a couple of obtainable disguises. I love Aisha's reluctance at wearing such a revealing outfit.

And especially poor Ummu, who is stripped of her clothes not because the heroines need a disguise, but because they need her clothes for extra binding material. So humiliating for her to be seen as an afterthought. :lol:
rufusluciusivan

tirepanted3 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:32 pm A more straightforward chapter, giving some focus to two of the leads who were less-developed in Part 1, and featuring a traditional infiltration scheme that sets up the main heist in the next chapter. (Since this is the "Pilot" I suppose you could say this is a setup chapter within a setup chapter.)

It's good to learn more about Aisha and Zaïde, who appear to be the "main" duo, in that they seem like the more straightforward set of heroes than Rasha and Beatrix. It helps that Aisha is Yuka's daughter in this regard. Their dynamic is fun, as a pair of cousins and friends who lightly tease on another while also knowing how to work together.

In fact, I'm noticing the start of a group dynamic reflective of other stories of yours, dating back to the early Utopia stories. You have the leader (Aster, Aisha), the professional friend (Mikani, Zaïde), the thrill-seeker (Klenia, Rasha), and the mercenary-for-hire (Emery, Beatrix). I assume there will be more differences to notice as this story continues and the characters develop further, but that's the impression I get at this early stage. It feels like a bit of a nostalgic throwback to those early Utopia stories, focusing on a small group of women performing heists.

A lot of unfortunate dancers lose their outfits in this chapter - poor Nawaal and Jaleela, who want to be seen as "refined entertainment" but are quickly dispatched because the heroines see them as just a couple of obtainable disguises. I love Aisha's reluctance at wearing such a revealing outfit.

And especially poor Ummu, who is stripped of her clothes not because the heroines need a disguise, but because they need her clothes for extra binding material. So humiliating for her to be seen as an afterthought. :lol:
You're truly on fire when it comes to commenting. ;) I wasn't necessarily expecting one comment per part. (Originally, I divided them more out of convenience.) Of course, I'm not complaining either! ;) It means more discussions. Hopefully the main heist and epilogue will give more things to discuss.

Aisha is indeed meant to be the character - her conflicts are supposed to be at the forefront, but it'll become clear at the end of the pilot. The epilogue will in fact introduce an other main component of her character arc, so I won't dwell too much here. To be honest, I anticipate she'll be a divisive character - people will either find her endearing or annoying. She's the leader in the sense she impulses the main decisions, but she's also inexperienced and naive.

The nostalgic throwback to the Utopia series is purely accidental, I swear. :lol: I didn't notice the similarities until you pointed them out. The personalities are different though, and so will be some of the main thematics, so hopefully it won't feel redundant.

I love the running gag of Aisha being excited to live adventures similar to her mother, but also being very prudish when it comes to some topics. Plus, it's a perfect way to illustrate she's a bit sheltered and naive.

Dancers were indeed unlucky. But I couldn't write a Middle-East inspired story, and not feature at least once sexy exotic dancers...

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”