The Woes of a Board Writer and a Plea

Announcements & General Discussion
Void99

Re: The Woes of a Board Writer and a Plea

Post by Void99 »

This is a really interesting topic that from my experience....dates waaaay back to the late 90s when I first discovered fetish sites and forums.
Lack of feedback and even discussion in itself.
One of the first forums/groups I joined was Anton Productions Yahoo group, "Antons Web Exchange".
Despite over 10,000 members for the group .....months could go by with zero comments apart from Anton himself advertising his latest video releases. Maybe the occasional spam bot post...but it was like a ghost forum 90% of the time.

Found this to be a repeat thing in the ensuing years. The overwhelming majority are lurkers.

On Deviant Art I got images that get well over 1000 views, tens and sometimes hundreds of favourites ...but only about 2 comments at best if I'm lucky!!!
Many a time I see 99+ notifications on my account ....and it's ALWAYS "X has added pic X to their favourites", But it happens to so many others also....people with way more content than me. Very empty comment sections.
Had way more private messages from people wanting me to do images specifically for them as opposed to actual comments on my images talking about the picture.

As frustrating as that is, I do understand it. I think many of us are just very self wanting or dare I say, selfish...when it comes to content that ignites our desires. And there is nothing really wrong with that , it's to be expected.
But the fallout is that we are dismissive of all the stuff we don't like.

Personally I am just not much of a story reader, think I already blabbered on about this in previous posts, I'm always about the visual .....but even that can become tiresome when I am given too much of what I want. Which brings me to another major potential issue. Over saturation or over production. Had to google this one... "formulaic". Big word!

This can be a major issue in all types of entertainment...just look at the public perception of Ubisoft games!
Overly repetitive, predictable and familiar. To the point where it's no longer exciting.

We go back a number of years when Damsels in Peril first starting doing uniform steal content.....the hype in the USB forum of the time was noticeable, comments of anticipation that an upcoming shoot may be a steal scene.
But after seeing these scenes repeated over and over, same models, same environment ....it soon became a totally lost interest.

I can't speak for writers....but I assume they will hit the same issue in a slightly different way, people get too overly familiar with your style and wording, how you describe things ....maybe it all becomes too overly familiar. And when it's centred around one main goal, ie, uniform stealing ....that just compounds it. Adds to the repetition factor.

We talk about lack of feedback ....but then there is the other extreme...too much of it. Sadly this does not seem to happen much in the fetish world...but if it did I think it would be equally as annoying for those who post feedback. It will all just fall on deaf ears.

How many times have you heard a big youtube influencer say at the end of a video "leave you comments down below, I would love to hear them"?
Are they really going to read through 3000+ comments and reply to them? Are they F.ck!!!!! They get so much feedback and discussion that they blank it all out entirely.
Always one extreme or the other!

Return to “General Discussion”