Volume 7: One Small Step for Women

tirepanted3

Re: Spacesuit, Vol. 7: One Small Step for Women

Post by tirepanted3 »

Meditions: Thank you! I liked writing Cailyn as well, even though she's just a brief and minor character. I tried to give her some personality to leave an impression. The exchange between Bridget and Chandra was also fun to write, and a good way to highlight Bridget's character development.

Mackenzie came about as I thought it would be intriguing to have a sort of a running character throughout this chapter - security guards usually get the short shrift in these stories, so it was interesting to try and give one of them a bit more personality without turning her into an ongoing character (like Ashley).

And of course, I'd been waiting to write an Ashley scene like that for a while... Even Ashley can only tolerate so much. ;)

Simon4242: I think it's fair to say that at least one of them will... :)
simon4242

Post by simon4242 »

im greedy want all three lol
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Happy to see you ultimately were able to post the next part faster than you anticipated. ;)

A quick on-the-spot reaction, but when Lyra started to mention 'uniform stealings' being 'conspiracy theories', then Daphne bragged she'd like to see someone try to steal her uniform, I immediately anticipated what was going to happen next. Sometimes, the best jokes are the ones you see coming a mile away, and you chuckle precisely because you know what will happen...

Same with Mackenzie, but it took a while longer for her to get her clothes taken.

Also, am I the only one who was amused by the irony of Ashley refusing to help Bobbi because of her previous bad experience with Bridget? :lol:

Your stories always reach their peak when the various storylines regroup, and we see how each side will help or hinder one another. I like where this is heading - a battle royale of a sort with Chen's team against Bridget's team, and Jenna and Ashley and Zuhal and Bobbi as the wild cards. (And while I can easily anticipate Bobbi joining forces with Bridget - and also Felicia after she's rescued, it's harder to say what Jenna's and Ashley's roles will be.)

A bit of an attempt at doing predictions, but I believe Bobbi will be the one who rescues Felicia. Just to make things even more complicated between them. As a (sadistic) writer, that's what I'd do. :lol:

Still interesting to see how all these different personalities and viewpoints on uniform stealings cooperate and clash with each other.

I'm a bit glad Autumn's and Summer's subplot seems over - I really didn't want them to slow down the pace once again. :P

It looks like this part was Ashley's time to shine. Not gonna complain of course. Plus, the trope of the infiltrator who gets a taste of her own medicine is often a fun change of pace, and this one was no exception. Still impreseed by how far she went - from a random victim of the day to a protagonist. Impressive journey. :lol:

This finale definitely has a darker atmosphere, the mood of Lana's and Ashley's scene is a testimony of that, but with Chen involved it's no surprise. A good way to raise the stakes.

And of course the part ends on a cliffhanger. ;)

I have a hard time accepting the fact this is only the beginning of the climax. I bet there'll be several more posts before we reach the conclusion. It'll be hard to wait. :lol:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Rufusluciusivan: Yes, I had some extra time and decided to finish up the new chapter, since it had been a while. Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long. :)

Certainly the Lyra/Daphne scene telegraphed what was about to happen to them - seven volumes in, there's not much that can be done to mislead readers about secondary characters who happen to be women in uniform. Though I did try to draw out the suspense with the Mackenzie scenes, even if her fate was never really in doubt.

Bringing the various characters together, and pitting some against each other, remains very fun, particularly for characters whose dynamics have not yet been explored - like Ashley and Bobbi. Those two characters have both been a part of the series since Volume One, yet have never shared a conversation before. But it felt like the right time to bring them together and see how Ashley would react.

No spoilers on what's to come, but as you surmise, Bobbi and Felicia may not have seen the last of each other.

Autumn and Summer were mostly side characters to establish the broader state of uniform stealing in the society of the series. From this point on, the story is focusing on the main plot, so they were a bit extraneous. (But I kind of liked writing them all the same. ;) )

Ashley's journey has been one of the highlights of writing the series. She's just one of those characters people seem to naturally root for, for which she should be quite proud. Getting her uniform stolen all those times in the past may finally be amounting to something positive for her. :)

This chapter was also certainly meant to raise the stakes and build things more to the climax. The cliffhanger adds to that effect, but as you say there's quite a bit of danger beyond that.

We're not quite at the climax yet - still one or two chapters to go. This story will also likely feature a prolonged epilogue after the climax, since there's a lot of character arcs to wrap up. As always, stay tuned.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

The gathering on the NASA grounds was set about a mile away from the rocket launch site.

Dozens of chairs had been set up before the main stage and podium. Already many of the seats were filled, with the crowd abuzz with excitement. A few speeches were planned, and then the all-female team of astronauts would board the rocket to be launched into space.

Security around the crowd was tight, as expected. Several NASA employees were also in the area, with personnel working diligently to ensure that the event was running smoothly and that there would be no unanticipated foul-ups.

Sonja licked her lips as she and Bridget approached the crowd.

"It's like a uniform stealing buffet," she mused, eyes twinkling. "Security guards, usherettes, technicians... So many women in uniform... Like Christmas presents waiting to be unwrapped... The... Ow!"

She winced suddenly as Bridget elbowed her sharply in the ribs.

"Knock it off," Bridget whispered in annoyance. "You're a grown woman. Control yourself."

Sonja scowled. "You don't need to ruin my fun."

"Again, this isn't meant to be fun," Bridget replied. "We could be walking into deadly danger. I need you to be focused and alert. This is no time to be distracted by romantic fantasies."

Sonja tossed her head back, her blonde bob shaking. "It's not about romance... I'm not a lesbian. I'm an artist. A connoisseur of the uniform stealing arts."

"Whatever. Let's find our seats."

They found a couple unoccupied chairs near the rear of the event and sat down.

"Keep your eyes open," Bridget whispered. "There could be imposters anywhere..."

"Bridget?"

Bridget froze at the sound of her name. Had her cover been blown already?

She turned to see two women sitting a few chairs away, both with curious expressions on their faces.

"Moira... Prema?"

"Bridget, what are you doing here?" Moira whispered. She glanced at Sonja. "Oh no... you're working with her again?"

Sonja scowled. "Hey, I helped rescue you two last time."

"Both of you, hush," Bridget said sternly. "Sonja is helping me... but we're undercover now. We have reason to suspect that something bad is going to happen at NASA today."

Prema groaned. "I knew it... I should never have come here..."

Moira turned to Prema, who was suddenly looking sick. "Honey, please... Don't freak out. It'll be okay."

She turned back to Bridget. "What is going on? I'm just trying to enjoy a nice day with my girlfriend."

"I... don't know," Bridget admitted. "But stay calm... No matter what's happening, I'll get to the bottom of it."

Rhea stepped out of the small medical office, smiling up at the sun.

"Beautiful day for a launch," she remarked.

Due to the high-risk nature of the work involved, NASA had a number of medical stations established on its grounds. Rhea worked as a nurse at one such facility, some distance away from the launch sites. It was not an eventful job most days, but it gave her an excuse to watch some cool rocket launches.

Rhea was a tall and slim young woman with alabaster skin and sunny-blonde hair tied back in a chignon. She typically wore a light blue nurse's uniform consisting of short-sleeve shirt and yoga scrub pants, as well as white trainers. She had been working at NASA for a few months now, and always looked forward to days like this.

She turned and called to her coworker in the office. "Come on, Daisy... Let's see if we can pop by the launch site for a few minutes. Maybe catch a couple of speeches, and be back before our break is over."

"Give me a few minutes," Daisy called from her desk. "Just finishing my coffee."

Daisy was the other nurse on duty at the station, and only a tad less enthused by rocket launches than her friend was. She was a woman of average height, with dark skin and close-cropped black hair. Her outfit was similar to Rhea's, though her trainers were a bit more worn, as she had begun working at NASA a few months before her coworker.

Rhea stepped away from the station and checked her watch. There were no pressing emergencies for her that day, so a bit of time off seemed like no big deal.

She heard footsteps behind her - probably Daisy. She started to turn around. "Okay, let's g..."

But it wasn't Daisy - a fact that became clear when a hand suddenly clamped over her nose and mouth. Rhea could only let out a startled "Hhhmmhhh?" as she was dragged behind the medical station.

Zuhal's sleeper hold was fast and efficient. Rhea didn't have much time to struggle before her strength ebbed away. With a groan, she slipped into unconsciousness.

Zuhal smiled down at the nurse. "Sorry, hon... But it's your fault for being my size."

Bobbi stood nearby, keeping watch while Zuhal stripped the nurse. "Doesn't look like there's anyone else around... except the other nurse inside the station here."

Zuhal nodded. "Think you can take care of her without causing a ruckus?"

Bobbi smiled. "Of course. Do I look like an amateur?"

At that moment, they heard a voice calling from the front of the station. "Rhea? Where'd you go?"

Bobbi winked at Zuhal. "Be right back."

Daisy was wandering around the area. "Rhea? Did you start off without me? I swear, I was just -- whoolp!"

Her arm was grabbed and she was pulled quickly and suddenly behind the station.

One swift neck chop later, Daisy lay unconscious beside her friend. Bobbi hurried to strip the nurse of her uniform.

Despite being rattled by the experience of being kidnapped, she was now feeling better... stronger, more confident. Stealing clothes was a good form of therapy.

Pretty soon, Rhea was down to her pink comfort bra and matching bikini panties, while Daisy was stripped to a cerulean T-shirt bra and white boyshorts.

"Get dressed," Zuhal remarked. "Then see if you can find something in the medical station to tie these lovely ladies up with."

Bobbi nodded. She slipped into Daisy's uniform and laced up the trainers. Then she circled around to the station entrance.

It took only a bit of searching the drawers to find what she needed - two rolls of white gauze, the perfect binding accessory to any professional uniform thief. Bobbi also found some white cloth pads, a bottle of chloroform, and a few syringes that appeared to be filled with sedatives. She put all these into a small pack that could strap to her waist; they could come in handy later.

By the time she returned to the spot behind the station, Zuhal had already gotten dressed in Rhea's uniform. Bobbi tossed her one of the rolls of gauze, and the two of them set to work binding and gagging the nurses.

Once that was done, Zuhal covered the two nurses with a tarp. "Sleep tight, girls. Don't let the space bugs bite!"

Bobbi rolled her eyes. "Space bugs?"

Zuhal shrugged. "Sorry... I've stolen so many uniforms these past few months. I'm running low on quips."

"When this is done, I'll write you some new material," Bobbi mused. "Come on, let's hustle."

The two women stepped out of the station, now uniformed and refreshed.

Bobbi pointed westward. "The launch site is that way. Let's go."

They made it about twenty feet before they were grabbed.

Jenna cautiously approached the outdoor stage. The large platform had been fully set up with curtain and canopy, though speeches had not yet begun.

A tall female security guard stood stationed by the side of the platform. She had light skin and blonde hair tied back in a medium-length low ponytail. She wore a light green button-down shirt, black pants, and polished black boots, as well as a grey cap with NASA logo.

Jenna displayed her pass, and the guard nodded at her.

Jenna nodded back, though she tried to keep her face expressionless as she eyed the guard. It was possible this woman was a real security guard, but she might also be an imposter, having mugged the real guard for her uniform before the show began. If Ashley's theory had been correct, there could be any number of imposters wandering around NASA today.

Jenna circled around behind the platform, away from the crowd. Claudia and Zephyr were standing there, chatting with each other.

"Where's Ms. Hargrove?" Jenna interrupted.

Claudia shrugged. "I think she's signing autographs or something. Trying to win more votes."

"She'll be speaking soon," Zephyr added. "The ceremony starts in like fifteen minutes."

Jenna bit her lip. "That's not good... I need time to figure out what's going on..."

"What do you mean?" Claudia raised an eyebrow.

"Listen," Jenna lowered her voice. "I can't explain everything right now, but... the ceremony can't start yet. There are people here... Evil people. I think they're trying to sabotage the event."

"Uniform Swiping Babes?" Zephyr gasped.

Jenna shrugged. "I don't know... This seems more dangerous, deadlier..."

"I'll bet it's the USBs," Zephyr interrupted. "Of course those women would see an all-female event at NASA as a golden opportunity." She clenched her fists. "I'd like to show them a lesson..."

Claudia put a hand on her shoulder. "Easy, Zeph..." She turned to Jenna. "Where are you getting this info?"

"Like I said, I can't explain right now," Jenna replied. "But please... the ceremony can't start now. People are in danger. I need time to investigate my suspicions... and I can't trust anyone I don't recognize."

Zephyr nodded. "Anyone else could be an imposter."

"Exactly," Jenna nodded. "So please... do what you can to hold off the speeches. I'll confirm my suspicions and report back."

Claudia seemed a bit skeptical, but Zephyr nodded. "You can count on us."

Jenna nodded. "Thanks... Good luck."

She stepped away and disappeared around the other side of the stage.

Claudia turned to Zephyr. "That is one weird woman."

"But she seems honest," Zephyr replied. "I don't think she'd lie to us... and why would she, anyway?"

"She just seems a little paranoid," Claudia argued.

"Oh, come on... Is it really that far-fetched to imagine uniform thieves taking advantage of this big all-female NASA gathering? Particularly with uniform-stealing crimes rising every year?"

Claudia sighed. "That's... a good point. But how could we confirm that women here are actually being mugged for their uniforms?"

Zephyr smiled. "There are ways to figure it out. You just have to use your eyes and brain."

She peeked around the corner to the side of the stage, where the blonde ponytailed security guard was stationed. Then she beckoned to Claudia.

"That guard over there," Zephyr whispered. "Now that I'm looking at her closely, I'd say she's probably an imposter."

"What makes you think that?"

"Check out her uniform... It looks like it's about half a size too big for her."

"Big deal. It's a company uniform, they don't always have exact sizes for all their employees."

"It also looks wrinkled," Zephyr added. "Like she may have stolen it in a fight."

"Or... maybe she just forgot to iron it this morning."

"Plus, I don't think she's the same guard who was standing there half an hour ago, when we first got here. That guard was a redhead!"

"Could be there was a shift change since then."

Zephyr signed. "Come on, Claudia... You have to admit it all adds up to something suspicious. Especially nowadays."

Claudia bit her lip. "Okay, fine... Maybe she's an imposter. But I--"

"Excuse me, ma'am!" Zephyr called to the guard.

The blonde turned around. "Oh... Did you need something?"

"What are you doing?" Claudia whispered from behind the stage.

Zephyr discreetly motioned for her to be quiet. She continued talking to the guard. "My friend got her foot trapped in one of the cables back here. Do you have something that could free her?"

The guard rolled here eyes. "You people need to be more careful." She stepped away from her post and approached the rear of the stage.

Claudia sighed. "This is so stupid..."

"Quiet," Zephyr whispered.

The guard rounded the corner, away from public sight. She stepped past Zephyr and stopped, eyeing Claudia. "You don't look like you're trapped."

"But you do!" Zephyr grinned.

She struck fast, with a judo chop to the side of the guard's neck. The guard let out a sudden, stifled gasp, then fell forward.

Claudia caught the unconscious woman before she hit the ground.

"Check her ID card," Zephyr said. "See if her face matches the photo."

Claudia looked at the ID pinned to the guard's chest. It showed a picture of a light-skinned blonde woman with the name "Sienna."

"Looks just like her," Claudia remarked.

"Probably a fake ID," Zephyr reasoned. "These USBs have been getting pretty crafty. Check her wallet."

Claudia reached into the unconscious guard's pocket and withdrew her wallet. She glanced at the driver's license inside. The photo was of an identical blonde woman, with the name Sienna. The wallet also included a NASA passcard and registration, with the name Sienna on both.

"Zephyr," Claudia said, holding up the accessories. "I think this woman's a real guard."

Zephyr bit her lip. "Well, crap."

She knelt down by the unconscious guard and patted her cheek. "Hey... Sienna? I'm sorry about that. Thought you were a fake... Bug misunderstanding, haha..."

"She's unconscious," Claudia said. "Considering your proficiency with neck chops, she'll probably stay that way for a couple of hours."

Zephyr sighed. "We are in so much trouble."

Claudia glanced down at the guard. "Not necessarily."

She bent down and began unlacing the woman's boots.

"What are you doing?" Zephyr asked.

"People will get suspicious if they don't see a guard stationed by the stage," Claudia explained. "And poor Sienna here is in no shape to do her job. So you're going to wear her uniform and take her post."

"What? Why me?" Zephyr protested.

"Because it was your dumb idea to knock this woman out in the first place," Claudia retorted as she pulled off the guard's boots. "Or you could explain to the media why one of Councilwoman Hargrove's employees attacked a security guard for doing her job."

Zephyr sighed. "Okay, fine."

"Maybe this will teach you not to be so paranoid," Claudia added as she began unbuttoning the guard's shirt.

"I said I'd do it... Don't rub it in."

True to her word, Zephyr was soon dressing herself in the NASA security uniform.

While lacing up the boots, she glanced over at the unconscious Sienna, who was now dressed only in a vanilla plunge bra and burgundy briefs. "So... what do we do about her?"

Claudia shrugged. "Guess we'll have to tie her up and hide her somewhere. Don't want her waking up suddenly and screaming about how we attacked her... Not until long after today's event is over."

Zephyr sighed. "You know... For women who fight to prevent uniform stealing, we sure do end up stealing a lot of women's uniforms."

"Occupational hazard," Claudia replied, pulling a white handkerchief from her pocket and reaching for some discarded cables nearby. "I'll take care of Sienna; you take her post."

Zephyr nodded. "Okay... And hey, on the bright side, maybe this will help make it easier for us to postpone the event like Jenna wanted."

"Sure... just don't tell Jenna how you're doing it. She probably wouldn't approve of this method."

Zephyr took up Sienna's position at the side of the stage. Meanwhile, Claudia bound Sienna with cables, gagged her with the handkerchief, and dragged her to the enclosed space beneath the stage to hide her.

"Sorry about the mix-up," Claudia told the unconscious Sienna as she tied her to one of the wooden beams. "But if you vote for Hargrove, this sort of thing will never happen again."

Chandra pulled the gleaming Rolls-Royce into the NASA parking lot, locating a space not far from the buses. She shut off the engine and stepped out of the vehicle.

"Okay... time for some detective work."

For starters, she would need to find a computer terminal. Her computer hacking skills would allow her to assess the layout of NASA by tapping into the security cameras and determining the source of any suspicious activity, then reporting to Sonja and Bridget. Presumably she would find some computers in one of the main offices...

Splash!

"Oh!"

Chandra's thoughts were interrupted as she bumped into another woman who had just stepped around the corner of a mammoth green-and-gold coach bus. The cup of iced coffee in the woman's hands had been jarred, its contents spilling over the front of Chandra's chauffeur uniform.

Chandra glared down at her jacket, then up at the newcomer.

"Sorry about that," the girl said apologetically. She was a tall young woman with light skin and sunny blonde hair, tied back in an amateur bun. She wore a light blue long-sleeve button-down shirt beneath black sleeveless vest and black bowtie, a black knee-length skirt, and brown penny loafers.

The blonde fumbled in her pocket, then drew out her handkerchief and began to dab at Chandra's chest. "I hope I didn't ruin your uniform... It looks expensive..."

Despite her annoyance at the woman, Chandra couldn't help smiling at this comment. "Oh, this uniform? I got it cheap. It was practically a steal."

"That's a relief," the blonde said. She put away her handkerchief. "Anyway, I guess I'm just a bit clumsy today... I'm Samantha, by the way."

"Daphne," Chandra replied, maintaining her cover. She looked up at the coach bus. "This yours?"

Samantha nodded. "Yes, I'm the bus driver for the Hargrove campaign." She pointed to the side of the bus, upon which "HARGROVE FOR MAYOR" was emblazoned in gold lettering. "Been a busy job. We've got a lot to do in order to win."

Chandra's ears had perked up at the name. "Hargrove? That's the councilwoman, right? The one who's campaigning on..."

"...on a war against uniform stealing," Samantha nodded. "Yes, indeed. She's one of the most fearless and courageous women I know. Plans to crush the scourge of uniform thieves under her heel."

Chandra raised an eyebrow. "You really think it's a 'scourge'?"

"Of course," Samantha said firmly. "Those wretched women who feel perfectly fine about mugging other women for their clothes - they need to be stopped. Locked away in prison where they belong. And that's exactly what will happen when Hargrove become mayor."

Chandra shrugged. "Will it really?" she asked. "Uniform stealing has become part of the cultural fabric now. It's ingrained in our society. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but you're not going to get rid of it just by throwing a few women in jail."

Samantha put a hand on Chandra's shoulder. "I understand your pessimism," she said. "Really, I do. I used to feel the same way. Society is hopeless... Every year brings more muggings, more women stripped of their clothes. I spent months fearing that someday I would be mugged for my uniform." She paused and shuddered.

"But ever since joining Hargrove's campaign, I've seen the light. She has plans - big, bold plans to end the threat of uniform stealing on our society. And she will succeed." Samantha grinned. "I feel safe and secure now that I'm part of her campaign. I know she'll protect women like me... and ensure that no one lays a hand on me or my uniform."

Chandra nodded. "Very well said." Then she pointed over Samantha's shoulder. "Hey, is that Hargrove now?"

Samantha turned around. "Where? I don't see... Hhuuurrgghh!"

She gasped suddenly as Chandra's arm looped and tightened around her neck.

"Like I said, uniform stealing is part of our society," Chandra said tersely. "Let me give you a demonstration."

Samantha gasped and gurgled as Chandra dragged her around the bus, out of sight. Her shoes kicked against the gravel, but to no effect.

The bus driver's eyes were wide with shock, but slowly they started to flutter. Her reflexes slowed. Finally, her struggles abated, and she slipped into unconsciousness.

Chandra grabbed the ring of keys from Samantha's belt, then dropped her to the ground and unlocked the large doors to the vehicle's luggage compartment. She slid inside, then turned and grabbed Samantha by her shoulders and pulled her up and into the compartment.

Fifteen minutes later, Chandra slipped out of the luggage compartment, dusting herself off. She was now fully clad in the bus driver's uniform, skirt, and shoes.

She straightened her bowtie as she glanced back into the compartment at Samantha, who now lay sleeping among the suitcases, dressed only in an electric-blue plunge bra and eggshell-colored briefs. She had been bound with a pair of white zip-ties and gagged with a strip of black duct tape.

"You ruined my uniform, so it's only fair I get to wear yours," Chandra explained. "Besides, if I'm going to sabotage your bus, it'll be easier to do while dressed as a bus driver. Sleep tight."

She shut the door, then turned to the bus itself. "Okay... Ms. Hargrove needs to learn a lesson about tampering with the status quo... Guess she'd be annoyed if someone let the air out of her tires."

Chandra worked quickly. After all, she still had to get to investigating the NASA grounds.

Sonja shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wincing slightly in pain. "When are the speeches starting?"

Moira glanced sidelong at her. "What's your problem?" she whispered.

"It's these high heels," Sonja explained. "They're killing my feet. I'm probably going to wake up with blisters in the morning."

Moira rolled her eyes. "Welcome to being a woman."

"Back in the SVR, I wore combat boots every day," Sonja continued. "That was practical footwear compared to these shoes."

"Serves you right for stealing another woman's clothes," Prema muttered. "You deserve a little pain while wearing them."

Sonja glared at her, but Bridget stopped her before she could retort. "Stop bickering. We're trying to keep a low profile." She was busy scanning the surrounding area, trying to see if she recognized any faces in the crowd.

"We're also trying to stay alert and ready for action," Sonja replied. "But I won't be good for any action if I can barely walk."

She glanced around, then stood up. "I'm going to powder my nose."

Bridget sighed. "Okay, fine... Just don't be long."

Sonja headed back down the aisle, towards the building that functioned as the NASA visitors' center.

She nodded curtly at the desk guard and began walking down the hall, eyeing the posters of famous astronauts as she passed.

Despite the pain in her feet, she couldn't help but smirk. Growing up in Russia, she had some pride about her home country being the first to launch an astronaut in space. But she found the American exhibition a bit ostentatious.

Returning her mind to the mission at hand (or more accurately, at foot), Sonja spotted another woman walking down the long hall. She was tall and toned, with olive skin and frizzy shoulder-length dark brown hair. Based on her uniform, she was a technician - olive-green jumpsuit, green baseball cap, and low-heeled work boots.

It was the boots that immediately caught Sonja's attention - calf-length leather brown lace-up boots with one-inch heel. They may not be to everyone's tastes, but to Sonja's eye, they were a gift compared to the high heels currently constricting her feet.

The technician was jotting something on a clipboard, but looked up as Sonja blocked her path.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

Sonja grinned. "I love your footwear."

"Uh... thanks," the brunette replied. "Excuse me, I need to get to the launch site..."

She stepped around Sonja, who had not moved.

"And I," Sonja replied, "need your boots."

She struck with skill and purpose, aiming the judo chop just below the technician's left ear.

The woman stiffened, her eyes wide, then fell forward. Sonja caught her with one hand.

Quickly dragging the unconscious technician into a nearby closet, Sonja shut the door and got to work. She unlaced the woman's left boot and worked it off her foot, then did the same to its partner.

Sighing with relief, Sonja pulled off her constricting heels and eased her feet into the boots, lacing them up. They were indeed more comforting than her previously stolen footwear.

Glancing down at the woman's feet, Sonja could see the toenails were painted a glittering pink. She couldn't help but find this amusing - despite the technician's tough, muscular exterior, it was clear she had a feminine side.

This made Sonja curious - what was the woman's underwear like? Perhaps it would reveal more about her personality. There was only one way to find out...

She reached for the zipper on the technician's jumpsuit, but stopped herself. She recalled her argument with Bridget and Chandra the day before, when they had mugged the women in hazmat suits. Clearly, they thought she had no self-control, and was just looking for excuses to strip women of their uniforms. Sonja prided herself as a uniform stealing artist, but she hated being viewed as a weirdo.

"Well, I'll show them..."

Leaving the technician in her jumpsuit and cap, Sonja used some black duct tape from a nearby shelf to bind and gag her. "Later, I'll bring Chandra here - show her that I can leave a woman partly unstripped!"

Smiling to herself, she stood up and exited the closet.

She hummed to herself as she walked back down the hall. Things were looking up already...

"Hey!"

She looked up suddenly and turned to the two female security guards she had passed.

"Those boots," one of the guards said quietly. "They don't match that suit at all."

Sonja gulped. Crap. Maybe she should have stolen that whole uniform after all...

She turned around, managing a smile. "Actually, these boots are a fashion statement. I..."

She froze suddenly. She and the guards stared at each other.

"...Sonja?" one of them said in shock.

"Oksana... Polina?" Sonja replied, equally shocked.

Bobbi tried to move, to struggle free. But the hands that gripped her arms held her tight.

"Well, well," the woman intoned in a cool but sinister voice. "What do we have here?"

"A pair of escape artists, it appears," said the other woman, who held Zuhal in a similarly tight grip. "I thought we left you two tied up in the crate."

The two Russian women who had emerged from the shadows to grab Bobbi and Zuhal and pull them into the nearby alley were both tall and tough-looking, with cruel grins on their faces. They were dressed in what appeared to be NASA mechanic uniforms - likely stolen from real mechanics. The woman gripping Bobbi had alabaster skin and stern, angular features, her blonde hair tied back in a strict military bun. The other woman had porcelain skin and an aquiline profile, with hazel-brown hair in a short bob.

"Dr. Chen won't be happy about you both trying to escape," the blonde mused. "Will she, Tatiana?"

"Not at all, Yuliya," her friend replied. "She gave us strict orders to make you girls pay if you tried anything funny."

Zuhal abruptly spit in Tatiana's face. "How's that for funny?" she said with a laugh.

Tatiana scowled. "You insolent fool... I could snap you like a toothpick."

Her grip abruptly tightened around Zuhal's waist. "Maybe a broken spine will put you in your place," she said with a grin.

"No!" Bobbi cried out as Zuhal struggled against the viselike grip. "Don't, please... uurrggh!"

Yuliya abruptly shifted her weight and position, and wrapped an arm around Bobbi's throat. "Shut up, stupid girl. A sleeper hold should set you straight."

At once, Bobbi felt a numbness spreading over her body. This woman wasn't messing around.

"A rather lethal form of sleeper hold," Yuliya explained with a laugh. "Most men can't survive more than ten seconds in this grip. Let's see how long you last."

Bobbi's vision was already growing hazy... She could feel her reflexes slowing... Yet she couldn't allow this woman to overcome her... She couldn't...

Instinctively, her fingers brushed against the inside of her medical pack. Her fingers closed around one of the syringes.

With the last of her strength, Bobbi jammed the syringe into the side of her assailant's leg.

Yuliya let out a cry of pain, and her grip immediately loosened. Bobbi fell to the floor, gulping in as much air as her lungs could handle.

"You little bitch, that hurt!" Yuliya scowled, advancing on Bobbi. "You'll be sorry, I swear you'll..."

Then abruptly, she paused. The anger in her eyes was replaced by a vacant, glassy look. The next moment, she fell to the floor, out cold.

Bobbi stared down at the fallen Russian, then looked down at the sedative in her hand. The next moment, she glanced back up to see Tatiana still in the process of squeezing the breath out of Zuhal.

"Hey!" Bobbi charged at the woman, her hand automatically reaching into the pack for a second syringe.

Tatiana turned her head in surprise, and in doing so exposed the side of her neck. The next moment, Bobbi had plunged the needle into the space just below the woman's ear.

Tatiana's eyes grew wide with shock. She let go of Zuhal, who slumped to the floor. The she staggered backwards, hitting the wall.

Finally, with a soft and unexpectedly feminine sigh, she slid to the ground, out cold.

Bobbi hurried and knelt down by the motionless figure of her friend. "Zuhal... Come on, Zuhal, wake up... Please..."

Zuhal lay still for what seemed like an eternity. Then, abruptly, she sputtered and opened her eyes.

A wave of relief washed over Bobbi. "Oh, thank god..."

Zuhal sat up and stretched. "Wow... that bear hug really cured my back pain."

Bobbi managed a small laugh. "I was so scared for a moment there..."

"All good, kid," Zuhal smiled. She glanced around at the two fallen Russians. "Wow... You really just saved both our lives, didn't you?"

Bobbi beamed. "With the help of some strong sedatives."

"Great job." Zuhal got to her feet. "Very glad you're on my side."

Bobbi glanced at the snoozing women. "So what do we do with them?"

Zuhal shrugged. "Strip them, I suppose."

Bobbi laughed. "I knew you were gonna say that."

"We're heading for the launch grounds, I imagine. Would be less conspicuous dressed as mechanics than as nurses. We may need to roll up the sleeves and trousers, but otherwise their uniforms should fit us."

Bobbi nodded. "Let's get to work."

She and Zuhal quickly set about stripping the two Russian women of their attire. For obvious reasons, Bobbi took more delight in the task than usual. These women had not exactly engendered her sympathy.

She could hardly suppress a grin when she saw the two would-be killers down to their underwear. Tatiana wore a blue triangle bra ad matching bikini panties decorated with designs of bright yellow daisies. Yuliya wore a lime-green pair of T-shirt bra and briefs arrayed with pink polka-dots.

"So adorable," Zuhal cooed. "We should wake them up and tease them."

"If only we had time," Bobbi mused. "Come on, let's tie 'em up."

Using two rolls of white medical gauze from the nurse's kit, Bobbi and Zuhal quickly bound and gagged the two Russians. By the time they were done, Tatiana and Yuliya had been transformed from two deadly mercenaries to a pair of rather silly-looking damsels in distress.

"Prop open that dumpster, will ya, Bobbi?" Zuhal asked., pointing to a rusty green bin at the far end of the alley.

Bobbi obeyed. Zuhal dragged Tatiana over to the dumpster and dropped her in. She then did the same with Yuliya. It was a tight fit, with the two women facing each other, their bodies pressed together.

"Such a cute couple," Zuhal grinned. "Maybe this experience will allow them to explore their more tender side..."

She shut the dumpster lid with a clang.

"They'll be okay, won't they?" Bobbi asked. "They'll be able to breathe?"

Zuhal sighed. "Not this again... What's with you and your bleeding heart lately?"

"I just..."

"They were trying to strangle us a minute ago," Zuhal continued. "To hell with them."

"Zuhal," Bobbi said firmly. "We are not killers. Whoever these women are, the law can deal with them."

Zuhal shrugged. "You want to be nice to the psycho murderesses, go ahead. Don't expect me to abide by those rules."

She stepped away from the dumpster. Bobbi approached the bin and opened it a half-inch, using a stick to prop it in place. Just enough to ensure that Tatiana and Yuliya would not suffocate.

Zuhal watched with a passive look on her face, but said nothing. Finally, she turned to the two piles of clothes on the ground. "Come on, let's get dressed and get moving."

Bobbi nodded, not wanting to belabor the point any further.

"What are you doing here?" Polina asked, breaking the interminable silence.

Sonja struck a defensive pose, ready to fight. "I could ask you two the same thing."

Oksana scowled at her. "We're here on an important assignment. I assume you know that. When we tried to recruit you..."

"When you kidnapped me," Sonja corrected her. "Yes, I caught a few details of your plan then."

Oksana sighed. "I was afraid of that..."

In a swift motion, she drew her gun and pointed it directly at Sonja.

Sonja did not have a weapon on her - and suddenly, she regretted it. But she tried to keep her composure.

Polina abruptly grabbed Oksana's shoulder. "Oksi... what are you doing?"

"Our orders were clear," Oksana replied. "No loose ends."

"But... we can't kill her! She's our friend."

Oksana glared at Sonja. "Maybe years ago... But no longer. She's a traitor to the cause."

Sonja suppressed a laugh. "Spare me the lecture."

She hoped she sounded tough; inside, she felt rooted to the spot.

Oksana took a step forward, her gun still pointed directly at Sonja. "I'll give you one more opportunity to join our cause."

Sonja's eyes flicked up to the nearby security camera, mounted atop the high wall.

Oksana noticed her glance, and smiled. "Don't expect the cameras to help you. One of our agents has taken over the security room."

Sonja swallowed. "How many of your agents did you bring?"

"More than enough," Oksana replied coolly. "We've infiltrated the NASA grounds from all quarters, and we're ready to strike. The American space program will be forever crippled after today. The question is - whose side are you on?"

Sonja trained her steely blue eyes on Oksana's weapon. "And if I answer wrong, you'll shoot me?"

"I don't want to," Oksana admitted. "But this mission is bigger than any of us. I can't risk having you run around and spoil our plans."

Sonja stared defiantly at Oksana for several seconds. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm done taking orders. I love America - the freedom, the joy, the colorful women's underwear. Back in Russia, I felt restricted - even when mugging women for their clothes. Here in the USA, it's a uniform thief's paradise!"

Oksana sighed. "You're a strange woman, Sonja... and I'm sorry about this..."

BANG!

Sonja gasped as she felt a sharp sting in her neck.

Oksana whirled around to see Polina, holding her tranquilizer gun. She had just fired off a round.

Sonja pulled the small tranquilizer from her neck, but it had already done its work. Her eyes rolled back into her head, and she slumped to the floor.

"Why did you do that?" Oksana asked.

"I couldn't let you kill her," Polina replied, tucking the dart gun back in her belt. "She's still our friend, whether you want to believe it or not. Besides," she glanced down at Sonja's unconscious body, "that little speech about uniform stealing was beautiful."

Oksana sighed. "I wasn't going to kill her, either... I was just going to knock her out." She held out her own gun, which was also full of tranquilizers.

Polina smiled. "Aww, you do have a heart."

"Shut up. We need to interrogate her and find out who else she's told about our plans." She began walking back down the corridor. "Pick her up and carry her this way."

"Why do I have to pick her up?" Polina protested.

"Because you're the one who knocked her out. Come on!"

Grumbling to herself, Polina picked up the unconscious Sonja and flipped her over her shoulder. Then she hurried to catch up to Oksana.

A minute later, the two women reached the building's security room. Oksana gave the prearranged knock.

A moment later, the door unlocked, and one of their fellow spies beckoned them inside.

"Who the hell is that?" Svetlana asked, eyeing the woman slung over Polina's shoulder.

"Long story," Polina replied, setting the unconscious Sonja on the room's tiled floor. She eyed the dark-haired woman. "Hey, we've got matching outfits!"

Indeed, Svetlana wore the light green button-down shirt, slim black pants, and polished black lace-up boots that were standard-issue for NASA guards.

Svetlana nodded. "Yeah, this uniform's a pretty good fit... Glad I convinced Barbara to hand it over."

Polina glanced in the corner of the room to see a woman sitting on the floor, unconscious. She had a slim but athletic build, with light skin and chin-length strawberry-blonde hair. Her head and left shoulder leaned against the wall, and she was breathing softly. The woman wore nothing apart from a fuchsia bikini bra and candy-cane striped boyshorts. Her arms and legs were bound with black twine, and a grey washcloth gagged her mouth.

Polina knelt down beside the unconscious Barbara, and brushed an errant strand of hair from her face. "She looks so peaceful. And I love her fashion sense."

"Never mind her," Oksana interrupted. "Let's take care of Sonja now... Svetlana, is there something I can use to tie her up?"

Svetlana tossed her the roll of twine. "Help yourself."

"Thanks." Oksana began to bind Sonja's wrists behind her back. "Dr. Chen will certainly be interested in seeing her..."

Jenna moved cautiously past the shipping warehouses, trying not to appear suspicious. After all, she did not want to be stopped and interrogated by security, certainly not before she had confirmed any strange activity at NASA.

"Hope Ashley isn't sending me on some wild-goose chase," she murmured.

She had grown fond of Ashley, but it was quite possible that all the mugging incidents she had endured over the past several months had affected her sense of paranoia. Jenna felt sorry for her, but...

The sound of footsteps alerted her. Jenna dove behind some crates, peeking out carefully.

Three women walked past, all tall and athletically built. They were dressed in light blue coveralls and short black rubber boots, with white construction hats and tinted dark goggles.

Jenna instantly felt relieved - these three women were just NASA engineers. She was about to step out and approach them with some questions, when she heard them talking to one another in low voices.

"Now, you both remember the plan?" the first woman asked. She had light skin and blonde hair in a short ponytail, and spoke with a Russian accent.

"Of course, Katerina," the second woman replied, clearly exasperated. She was slightly shorter than her coworker, with fair skin and jet-black hair in plaited pigtails. Her accent was also clearly Russian. "We've gone over it a hundred times."

"Don't be so dismissive, Alisa," Katerina responded. "If anything goes wrong, our government will have our heads - that is, if that madwoman Dr. Chen doesn't get to us first."

Jenna's ears perked up. "Dr. Chen"... She had heard that name on the news.

"What about you, Olga?" Katerina pressed the third woman. "You know exactly what we're to do?"

Olga, an alabaster-skinned woman with shoulder-length red hair, nodded. "Of course. We've reviewed it a thousand times."

"A hundred, a thousand," Katerina sighed. "It doesn't matter how many times we review it. What matters is that you understand what is needed for the desired outcome. Within a matter of hours, NASA must be reduced to rubble."

Alisa and Olga shared a grin. "That part is perfectly clear," Alisa said.

Jenna felt her blood ran cold as she heard these words. These women were clearly not real NASA engineers.

"Hurry up," Katerina beckoned her associates. "The fuel tankers are this way."

The three women set off at a quickened pace towards the garages. Jenna followed at a distance.

Whoever these women were, it didn't take a genius to realize she had to stop them... somehow.

As they passed a small building with the word "Restrooms" scrawled over the entrance, Olga paused. "Er... can this just wait a minute?"

Katerina raised an eyebrow. "I thought you went before we left."

"I did, but... Well, I had a lot of coffee this morning..."

Katerina sighed. "Fine. Alisa, follow me... Olga, don't take long."

Jenna watched Katerina and Alisa head for the garages, while Olga stepped into the restrooms.

Immediately, an idea came to her head - but it was one she did not like.

Nevertheless, she had to do something. Something to help her figure out who these women were and what was going on.

She wrestled with the decision for several long seconds, as Katerina and Alisa disappeared around the corner. Then, inevitably, she found herself moving towards the restroom.

Olga was standing at the sink, washing her hands, as Jenna stepped into the unkempt restroom. No one else was around.

Olga looked up at Jenna, glaring at her behind tinted goggles. Jenna tried to keep her cool, but there was no doubt this woman appeared dangerous.

"This restroom is for employees only," Olga said sternly, eyeing Jenna's civilian clothes.

Jenna tried to play it cool. "Oh, I... I work for NASA. I'm an... inspector."

But the Russian woman clearly wasn't buying it. Jenna tried a different tack.

"I... you're not a real NASA employee either," Jenna said.

Olga raised her eyebrows. "And what gives you that idea?"

Jenna pointed. "Your hands," she said automatically. "They're... too clean to be an engineer's hands. No blisters or anything."

Olga looked at her hands in surprise, as though trying to see if Jenna had indeed caught something.

Then she glared at the newcomer. "You're obviously seeing things... Why don't I escort you back to the launch site."

She made to approach Jenna, holding out one hand while moving the other hand behind her back.

It was a movement that Jenna recognized from her years of self-defense training. The next moment, Olga had pulled out a knife and grabbed at Jenna's wrist.

Jenna managed to twist out of the way in time, so Olga merely grabbed her sleeve. Jenna pulled herself out of her jacket as Olga swung. The knife lodged itself into the bathroom's countertop, just beyond where Jenna had been standing a moment earlier.

There was no question now - Jenna needed to act fast, or she was dead. She grabbed the countertop as Olga tried to pull the knife free, then swung out with a kick to the side of Olga's head.

Olga grunted and fell backwards; before she could regain her senses, Jenna hit her with a neck chop and sent her sprawling.

Jenna took a moment to catch her breath. She stared down at the unconscious figure of Olga, trying not to think of how close of a call she'd just had.

She glanced at the door. The noise had not seemed to alert Olga's friends, who were likely too far away. Nevertheless, Jenna knew she would have to act fast.

She looked down again at Olga. At the woman's light skin and shoulder-length red hair - quite similar to Jenna's.

She knelt down beside the woman and took a deep breath. It had been several months since Jenna had stolen another woman's uniform, and she had sworn never to do it again. And yet... there didn't seem to be any other option.

Besides, Jenna thought as she started unbuttoning the coveralls, this wasn't really Olga's uniform to begin with...

Soon after, Jenna was clothing herself in another woman's uniform for the first time in recent memory, buttoning up the coveralls and lacing up the boots. She tucked her auburn hair beneath the white construction hat and pulled the tinted goggles over her eyes.

Olga lay sprawled on the cold tiled floor, stripped to a white sports bra and matching briefs. Jenna didn't feel too sorry for her - after all, the woman had tried to kill her mere minutes ago - but decided to make her a bit more comfortable, anyway.

She dragged the unconscious Russian into the far stall and sat her on the toilet. Retrieving a roll of green tape from the cabinet beneath the sinks, Jenna bound Olga's hands and feet to the stall and gagged her. She shut the door on the unconscious woman, working the lock into the "occupied" position.

Feeling around in the pocket of her coveralls, Jenna found a white surgical mask - likely used by real NASA engineers in their work. She put it on over her nose and mouth, thus further obscuring her identity, as she headed for the door.

A minute later, she reached the garages. Katerina and Alisa were currently in the process of loading two cargo trucks with large fuel drums.

"Took you long enough," Katerina frowned at Jenna, tapping her watch. "We're running behind schedule. Move your ass."

She eyed Jenna's mask, and her eyes narrowed behind her goggles. Jenna gulped.

"Smart idea, Olga," Katerina finally said, reaching for her own mask. "Don't want to breathe in any of these gas fumes. Now go help Alisa load that second truck."

Jenna nodded as she walked past Katerina and picked up a heavy fuel drum.

She was taking a deadly risk, no question... but there was no turning back now.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty..."

Felicia groaned and stirred awake. "Wh... wha..."

It took a moment for her to regain her senses. Then she realized she was in a dark, dusty room, her arms and legs strapped to a chair. Two grinning figures were standing over her. One was Sabira, and the other was...

"...Dr. Chen?" Immediately, Felicia was fully awake - and startled.

"Ah, you remember me," Chen smiled. "I'm so flattered. I've only tried to kill you three or four times, not sure if that stuck out in your memory."

Felicia tried pulling against her bonds, but they held tight. She looked around, noting the tables filled with chemicals and scientific equipment. "What... where am I?"

"Secret lab of mine," Chen said proudly. "I had it built years ago, back when I worked at NASA. I place where I could go for some peace and quiet, to work on my experiments without being disturbed by idiots."

Her face turned sour. "The place where I initially dreamed up the plan to sabotage that space shuttle last year... before you stuck your nose in and ruined it."

She leaned over and grabbed Felicia's chin, ensuring she had direct eye contact with the young woman. "I think about that night constantly," she said, barely above a whisper. "That night I first saw you... disguised as the lieutenant. I thought for a brief moment that you might be an imposter... but of course, I dismissed that thought as silly."

She tightened her grip on Felicia's chin, a cold look in her eyes. Felicia tried not to show fear.

"If I had only known... I could have just killed you, just broken your skinny neck... And none of what followed would have ever happened."

She paused for the longest of moments. Then she smiled brightly and let go of Felicia, letting the girl slump back in her chair.

"Live and learn, eh?" she chuckled cruelly. "Perhaps this is all for the best... Now I get to kill you while destroying NASA... all in one shot!"

She paused. "I assume your friend Baxter is also sneaking around here somewhere?"

Felicia scowled. "Go to hell."

Chen laughed. "Defiant... I like that. Well, if you want to be stubborn, Sabira has ways of extricating info... Don't you, dear?"

Sabira grinned. "Yes, ma'am."

The door suddenly opened, and Oksana and Polina walked in. They were dragging an unconscious, bound-and-gagged woman between them.

Chen turned towards them. "Oh, my... Is that Sonja?"

Oksana nodded. "She was trying to infiltrate the base... We apprehended her."

"Well done," Chen smiled. "Tie her to a chair. I'd love to interrogate her as well."

She winked at Felicia. "Don't go anywhere, darling. The fun is about to start..." She glanced at her watch. "...very shortly."

Bridget's brow furrowed as she glanced around the increasingly crowded NASA venue. "That's weird... Shouldn't the speeches have started by now?"

"These things always get delayed," Moira commented from her seat nearby. "You learn to be really patient at these press events."

Bridget eyed the stage. "Something isn't right," she murmured. "That security guard posted by the stage seems to be keeping people from ascending the platform."

"Gosh, maybe she's an imposter," Prema said dryly, rolling her eyes.

Bridget tapped her chin. "Now that you mention it - when I first got here, I noticed the guard was blonde. That guard looks like a brunette..."

"I was joking," Prema said quickly. "They probably just changed shifts when you weren't looking."

"Maybe, maybe..." Bridget glanced around. "Where's Sonja? She should be back by now."

"I don't know why you trust her," Moira commented. "She tried to kill you, remember?"

"People change, Moira," Bridget replied. "Besides, in an era as chaotic as the one we live in, we need all the friends we can get."

She stood up. "I can't just sit around here... Gotta do some shoe-leather investigation."

"Bridget, don't go wandering off," Moira cautioned. "You're gonna get in trouble."

She sighed and turned to Prema. "I'll be right back, honey." Then she stood up and began following Bridget.

"Hey, don't leave me alone," Prema protested.

She weighed her options, then groaned and stood up as well.

Bridget walked quickly away from the outdoor venue, with Moira and Prema following behind. They watched her glance this way and that.

"What are you looking for, Bridget?" Moira asked as they reached a quiet office building.

"Just trying to find a place to change clothes," Bridget explained as she tried the door to the building, and was pleased to find it open. "If my suspicions are correct, I can't go wandering around here looking like a reporter."

Prema sighed as they entered the small, empty building. "You're not going to mug more innocent women for their clothes again, are you?" She glanced at Moira. "I thought you were trying to kick that habit."

"We don't need to mug any women for their uniforms," Bridget assured her before Moira could respond, as they reached a changing room. "There should be disguises hanging from the coatracks in here."

Prema smiled. "Great... Much better than your usual plan."

They entered the changing room, and Bridget flicked on the lights. Instantly, her face fell.

There were hardly any uniforms in sight, apart from a couple of worn-out coveralls hanging from a coat rack. These appeared to be too large and bulky for any of the women.

"Where are the uniforms?" Bridget asked.

Moira quickly figured it out. "NASA has an all-female staff today," she recalled. "They probably had to make use of every female-fitting uniform they had. There's nothing available in the changing rooms except for a couple of leftover men's uniforms."

"Can't wear those," Bridget sighed. "Guess we've got no choice."

Prema groaned again. "Bridget..."

"Sorry, Prema... But the only way I can get a disguise today is by stealing it off another woman's back."

Prema glared at Moira. "You're not planning to go along with this... are you?"

Moira glanced back and forth between Bridget and Prema. "I mean... I guess I... I mean..."

"It's fine, Moira," Bridget assured her. "I can do this myself. And Prema's right - there's no need to harm more innocent NASA employees than necessary."

A sound alerted the three women. Bridget cautiously glanced out the doorway.

One of the NASA janitors was pushing a large laundry cart down the hall, humming to herself. She was headed in the direction of the laundry room at the far end of the hall, past the changing room.

The janitress was of average height and slim build, with tan skin and braided chestnut-brown hair. She wore a light blue jumpsuit and brown work boots, plus a backwards-facing blue baseball cap.

Bridget ducked back inside the changing room. "She looks about my size. Keep quiet..."

"Bridget, please don't hurt her," Prema begged.

Bridget placed a hand on Prema's shoulder. "Don't worry. I promise she won't feel a thing."

She approached the doorway again, and waited. A moment later, the janitress walked past.

Bridget moved swiftly, clapping a hand over the woman's mouth. Before the surprised custodian could react, Bridget used her thumb to press down on a spot just above the woman's neck. The janitress stiffened, her eyes wide. Then with a low moan, she sank into unconsciousness.

Bridget dragged the slumbering woman into the changing room and laid her delicately on the floor.

"I've been working on my nerve pinches lately," she explained to Moira and Prema. "A way of rendering women unconscious quickly and painlessly."

She knelt down beside the woman and began unbuttoning her uniform. "Uniform stealing will probably always be a necessity in my line of work... but that doesn't mean I can't be humane about it."

Prema didn't know what to make of this, but she felt Moira squeeze her hand again. Looking up, she saw her girlfriend smiling at her.

"Bridget knows what she's doing," Moira said softly. "And she has a good heart."

Prema kept quiet. She watched Bridget continue stripping the janitress, down to her white racerback bra and cyan hipsters. The process was cool, methodical, professional.

"Moira," Bridget said, standing up. "Could you find something to tie her up with while I change?"

"Sure thing," Moira replied. She eyed some black cables in the corner, and grabbed them. "These should do the trick."

Bridget pulled off her own shirt, revealing the black T-shirt bra beneath.

"Er... do you want some privacy?" Prema asked.

Bridget chuckled as she wriggled out of her shoes and skirt, displaying her black bikini briefs. "It's fine, I do this all the time..."

"Freeze!"

Bridget, Moira, and Prema all looked up in shock.

A woman was standing in the doorway, dressed in a khaki brown truck driver uniform. She had light skin and shoulder-length dark hair, and was pointing a gun right at them.

"Bridget Baxter," Ashley said angrily. "You're under arrest."
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Thank you so much Tirepanted!

What a spectacularly and fun new chapter! So many great scenes. The whole chapter was great but a number scenes really stood out and I have to comment on them.

Love the early scene with the nurses. Love the idea of Rhea planning on taking her break and then being attacked. Zuhal was quiet good with that sleeper. She knocked Rhea out really quickly. Loved the description of her going out “With a groan, she slipped into unconsciousness”. Very sexy. And loved Zuhal’s comment “Sorry, hon... But it's your fault for being my size."

Next we get the quick neck chop on Daisy. Love that description too. “One swift neck chop later, Daisy lay unconscious beside her friend.”

The scene with Claudia and Zephyr is amazing. Love that they are part of the campaign to end uniform stealing and end up committing another uniform steal.

And you really have to feel sorry for poor Sienna. She basically ends up knocked out and having her uniform stolen solely because Zephyr is a bit overly cautious and thinks she could be an imposter.

It is a particularly fun scene too as even though it is not a traditional uniform steal scene in that Sienna is attacked not for the initial purpose of stealing her uniform but because she is suspected of actually being a uniform stealer. However, while that is a bit different, the scene is also the wonderfully traditional “dumb guard” scene where Sienna cluelessly walks right into the trap. Then she gets Zephyr’s quick, hard judo chop to the side of her neck.

I also love the scene of Claudia catching Sienna as she fell. It is funny how Claudia didn’t want Zephyr to attack Sienna in the first place yet she ended up having to catch her as she slumped unconscious.

Then I love the idea of Claudia holding the unconscious Sienna while checking her multiple forms of identification to confirm that she is a real guard. Followed of course by Zephyr coming to realization she just knocked out a real guard.

Love the little discussion too. “She knelt down by the unconscious guard and patted her cheek. ‘Hey... Sienna ? I'm sorry about that. Thought you were a fake... Big misunderstanding, haha...’

‘She's unconscious,’ Claudia said. ‘Considering your proficiency with neck chops, she'll probably
stay that way for a couple of hours.’"

Indeed Claudia’s lets us know that Zephyr is skilled with neck chops. We can therefore assume that Zephyr hit Sienna in the special spot on her neck where there are important nerves. Given Zephyr’s skills Sienna was knocked out quick and given the skill of the blow the shock to her nervous system will keep her asleep a long time.

I then love that the initially reluctant Claudia is the one who actually decides to steal Sienna’s uniform. Then love the little exchange: "’People will get suspicious if they don't see a guard stationed by the stage,’ Claudia explained. ‘And poor Sienna here is in no shape to do her job. So you're going to wear her uniform and take her post.’

‘What? Why me?’ Zephyr protested.

‘Because it was your dumb idea to knock this woman out in the first place.’"

Then love in the end how causal they are about dealing with Sienna: “’While lacing up the boots, she glanced over at the unconscious Sienna, who was now dressed only in a vanilla plunge bra and burgundy briefs. ‘So... what do we do about her?’ Claudia shrugged. ‘Guess we'll have to tie her up and hide her somewhere. Don't want her waking up suddenly and screaming about how we attacked her... Not until long after today's event is over.’” Then follow by Claudia’s comment "I'll take care of Sienna; you take her post." Love how even though they are opposed to uniform stealing at this point Sienna was just a burden to deal with.

I have to say, the entire Sienna scene has to be one of my favorite guard takeout and uniform steals ever.

Another fun scene was Sonja’s take out of the technician. Love that it was basically just to get more comfortable footwear. And love the description: “She struck with skill and purpose, aiming the judo chop just below the technician's left ear. The woman stiffened, her eyes wide, then fell forward. Sonja caught her with one hand.” Another example of a strike to that special spot on a woman’s neck to put her out. Basically the same thing thas Zephyr did to Sienna. Love that description of the technician’s eyes going wide as she stiffens just before slumping forward and being caught by Sonja.

Also fun scene that Sonja was just about to check out the technician’s underwear but stopped herself.

Even though we don’t see the scene itself, I do like the discussion of Barbara. Love the interaction:

Svetlana nodded. "’Yeah, this uniform's a pretty good fit... Glad I convinced Barbara to hand it over.’

Polina glanced in the corner of the room to see a woman sitting on the floor, unconscious. She had a slim but athletic build, with light skin and chin-length strawberry-blonde hair. Her head and left shoulder leaned against the wall, and she was breathing softly. The woman wore nothing apart from a fuchsia bikini bra and candy-cane striped boyshorts. Her arms and legs were bound with black twine, and a grey washcloth gagged her mouth.

Polina knelt down beside the unconscious Barbara, and brushed an errant strand of hair from her face. "She looks so peaceful. And I love her fashion sense."

"Never mind her," Oksana interrupted.

Very sexy the way Polina inspects Barbara. I guess Polina found her a bit hot. Then Oksana basically reminds everyone to ignore the woman and move on with what needs to be done.

It is such a neat scene in that you can use your imagination to wonder what Svetlana did to knock Barbara out.

Then we get the wonderful scene with Bridget again utilizing her nerve pinch training when she takes out the cleaning girl. Love the exchange:

“Bridget ducked back inside the changing room. ‘She looks about my size. Keep quiet...’

‘Bridget, please don't hurt her," Prema begged.

Bridget placed a hand on Prema's shoulder. ‘Don't worry. I promise she won't feel a thing.’"

Then I love the description of the actual takeout “She approached the doorway again, and waited. A moment later, the janitress walked past.

Bridget moved swiftly, clapping a hand over the woman's mouth. Before the surprised custodian could react, Bridget used her thumb to press down on a spot just above the woman's neck. The janitress stiffened, her eyes wide. Then with a low moan, she sank into unconsciousness.

Bridget dragged the slumbering woman into the changing room and laid her delicately on the floor.”

Another one of those wonderful scenes of taking advantage of that special spot on a woman’s neck to send her off to dreamland. And obviously Bridget is getting quite good since a simple press with her thumb put the woman to sleep. Again, love the description of girl stiffening with her eyes wide. Then we get a nice sexy moan as she goes out.

Then love Bridget’s comment "I've been working on my nerve pinches lately," she explained to Moira and Prema. "A way of rendering women unconscious quickly and painlessly."

Although I have to potentially disagree with Bridget. Given the woman’s reaction and moan there may have been a least a brief moment of pain.

Regardless, I am loving Bridget’s continuing use of the nerve pinches to knock woman out.

Just absolutely loved this entire chapter. Thanks so much for posting.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Meditions: Thanks! This was a fun chapter to write. It's around this time when the action really kicks in, meaning a lot of opportunities for USB scenes.

A lot of "quick" knockouts in this chapter, as you note, beginning with Rhea and Daisy. I like those because they help keep the pace moving. It also matches the characters' attitudes, especially Zuhal's cavalier attitude towards knocking out innocent women.

The Claudia/Zephyr scene was very fun to write, and I'm happy it resonated with you. I don't think I'd done a USB scene from this perspective - where the muggers are "forced" to steal a woman's uniform and tie her up due to their own misunderstanding - and it seemed interesting. A sort of fun commentary on a world where women being mugged for their clothes is so commonplace. And it was fun to imagine Sienna's whole day being ruined by a pair of women who thought they were doing the right thing.

Sonja's scene was also a fun way to feature a bit of exclusive boot stealing, which isn't too common in my stories. And the Barbara scene was a nice way to alternate by showing the aftermath of a USB scene and leave readers to figure out what happened to her.

Bridget's scene helps emphasize her character's sympathetic growth as well. I don't think the cleaning woman felt any pain when Bridget mugged her, though it's fair to say the nerve pinch was probably less painful than most other USB tactics.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

tirepanted3 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:24 pm
Bridget's scene helps emphasize her character's sympathetic growth as well. I don't think the cleaning woman felt any pain when Bridget mugged her, though it's fair to say the nerve pinch was probably less painful than most other USB tactics.
The scene not only shows her sympathetic growth but her skills too. It is amazing how skilled she is. With a simple press of her thumb to just the right spot in just the right way she quickly and easily puts the woman to sleep.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Ok I confess I keep coming back to read the part with Sonja mugging the technician for her boots and only for the boots :) it's four times so far :lol:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Meditions: Yes, Bridget has become quite skilled at USB tactics. She's stolen dozens of uniforms since Volume 1, probably more than any other character I've ever written. So it's no surprise she's picked up a few tricks. :)

Esercito: I figured you would like that scene. I don't do a lot of pure boots/shoes stealing scenes in these stories, but this seemed like a good opportunity to showcase the tactic and provide a bit of character growth for Sonja, who exercises a bit of self-control in not stealing the rest of the technician's uniform. :lol:

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”