Volume 7: One Small Step for Women

tirepanted3

Re: Spacesuit, Vol. 7: One Small Step for Women

Post by tirepanted3 »

Councilwoman Hargrove took the stage, the sun illuminating her bright blonde hair. She beamed at the crowd.

"Good day, everyone," she spoke in her usual professional but welcoming voice. "It's an honor to be here, speaking to you ahead of such a historic NASA launch... The women who have been working hard at NASA today to bring us to this momentous occasion deserve all our respect... They've fought the odds, and beaten them in the most inspiring of ways. And they continue to do so, even in the face of a world that has become increasingly hostile to women in uniform."

At this, the crowd applauded.

"You may have seen me on your televisions, or your phones, or on the side of the bus," Hargrove continued. "And if you have, you know exactly what my message is. I'm running for mayor to end the threat of uniform stealing in this city. No woman should feel like a target just for donning a set of clothes. No one should feel scared or helpless due to their wardrobe choices. When I am elected mayor, every woman in uniform will feel perfectly safe doing her job."

Some distance from the crowd, outside the nearby office building, Claudia and Zephyr stood watching their boss. Both women were still wearing the uniforms of NASA security guards.

"Do you think she'd be so confident," Zephyr whispered, "if she knew that right under the stage where she's speaking are a pair of tied-up women who have been mugged for their uniforms?"

Claudia glared at her. "We are not to speak of that," she said tersely. "The important thing is that this speech goes along with no hassles. Just try to pass yourself off as a guard for a little while longer."

Zephyr made a face, but said nothing.

All at once, a pair of women raced up to the two "guards."

"Excuse me," the blonde one said breathlessly. "But people need to evacuate this place, now."

Claudia stared at them. "Who are you?"

"My name's Moira... This is my girlfriend, Prema... Please, there's no time to explain... Everyone at NASA is in deadly danger. We need to get into that office and sound the alarm."

Claudia's eyes narrowed. She immediately distrusted these women - and a glance at Zephyr suggested her friend felt the same.

"What are you talking about?" Claudia asked authoritatively. "Trying to cause trouble?"

"Maybe they're a couple of USBs," Zephyr whispered.

"I'm a reporter," Moira said indignantly, holding up her press pass.

Claudia eyed her wardrobe - particularly the apron and hairnet. "Then why are you dressed like a cafeteria lady?"

Moira gulped. "I... Look, I..."

"Get out of here," Claudia said threateningly. "I don't want anything disrupting Hargrove's speech - otherwise I'd arrest you right now. Go on, get out of here."

Moira was about to protest further, but she could see that Claudia was already resting one hand on the gun at her hip.

Prema took her by the arm and led her away. "Come on, honey... Let's go."

When they had put enough distance between themselves and the guards, Moira scowled. "This is so frustrating! Why won't they believe us?"

"We need to do something," Prema agreed. "But the direct approach won't work... If we want to get into that office, we'll need to use stealth."

She paused. "We may need to steal some disguises."

Moira looked surprised. "I thought you hated doing that."

"I do," Prema admitted. "But these are desperate times."

Dr. Chen entered the warehouse and glanced around. "Lana?" she called. "Where are you? Why don't you answer your radio? And where are our prisoners?"

The only response was a muffled sound from a crate in the corner of the warehouse. Chen approached it cautiously and peered inside.

Lying in the crate was Lana, stripped to her underwear, bound and gagged. She was looking up at Chen with fear in her eyes.

Chen furiously ripped the tape from Lana's lips. "What the hell happened? Where are Bobbi and Zuhal?"

Lana started babbling. "I... I just woke up... I don't... I thought... Please untie..."

Chen slammed her fist into Lana's jaw, knocking her out again.

"Goddamn it!" she cried, eyes blazing with fury. She immediately barked into her radio. "Oksana, Polina! Kill Felicia and her friend right now!"

There was no response. Chen angrily smashed the radio against the wall.

She forced herself to remain calm as she glanced around the warehouse. Her eye fell on the truck parked at the far end - the truck she and the Russians had used to infiltrate NASA.

A grim smile curled upon Chen's lips as she stormed to the truck, climbing up into the rear.

The two underwear-clad NASA technicians bound and gagged in the rear of the truck had regained consciousness, and they recoiled in fear at the sight of Chen. She ignored them and strode over to a small box she had brought with her into the truck - just in case of emergencies.

She opened the box and smiled at the gleaming object inside. A large chrome-plated gun, about the size of a rifle, with a mercurial payload. It was far more advanced than any other weapon she had ever laid eyes on.

Chen had stolen this weapon months ago, when she, along with Meredith and Lucinda, had infiltrated a government compound on a remote island. She had kept it with her since then, waiting for a true emergency to use it. Well, this was a true emergency.

Chen hoisted the gun and exited the vehicle. She aimed the weapon at a metal barrel nearby and fired.

A jet of flame burst from the nozzle of the weapon. Immediately the barrel was engulfed in white-hot fire. In a matter of seconds, it had been reduced to a puddle of slag.

Chen laughed wickedly as she admired the weapon. "Perfect."

She exited the warehouse and looked around. "One more thing..."

She pressed a small button on her wristwatch. "Just in case some backup is needed."

Felicia, Bobbi, Zuhal, and Sonja all stared at the large bomb before them for what seemed like an eternity.

Finally, Sonja spoke. "Well, I've got better things to do than get blown up today... Let's go..."

"Calm down," Zuhal said. "It's not even active."

"How do you know that?" Felicia asked.

Zuhal gave her a funny look. "Excuse me? I'm the munitions expert here? Back in my... more mischievous days, I built a few bombs myself."

She looked more closely at the explosive device. "By my calculations, this thing has the strength to blow up everything in a ten-block radius - not as powerful as that rocket fuel Chen mentioned, but still pretty strong... I assume she left it here as a fail-safe mechanism."

"Speaking of the rocket, we should go," Bobbi urged. "Better stop it before it launches."

Zuhal nodded. "Okay... Besides, it's not like this thing's gonna..."

She was interrupted by a low beeping sound.

The next moment, the bomb whirred. A timer blinked on, and the bomb began counting down from thirty minutes.

Zuhal paused. "Well, that's not good."

Sonja gulped. "We have to go, now!"

"No, we have to shut it off!" Felicia said. "People will die if this thing detonates!"

"People will also die if the rocket detonates," Bobbi added.

Zuhal held up her hands. "Girls... I'll take care of the bomb. You three go stop that rocket."

Felicia paused, then nodded. "Okay... Let's go."

She took off, with Sonja behind her. Bobbi followed, but lingered in the doorway.

She turned and looked at Zuhal, who was crouching by the bomb and examining it.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" she called.

Zuhal turned and smiled at her. "I got this, Bobbi... Go be a hero."

Bobbi paused, then nodded. She headed out the door.

Ashley was hurrying along, trying to keep pace with Bridget, when she suddenly stopped. "Wait a minute!"

Bridget turned. "What is it? We've got to get to the launch site."

"You want to stop the rocket launch, right?" Ashley had clearly just had an idea. "The way to do it is to shut off the NASA's power center - the building that controls the electrical circuits is not far from here! And if we shut off the power..."

"...they'll have to cancel the launch," Bridget smiled. "Great thinking, Ashley. Let's move!"

Ashley beamed and led Bridget away from the main path, to a metal building not far from the storage warehouses. "There it is!"

Bridget and Ashley broke into a run. But it was suddenly interrupted. A screaming woman gave a flying tackle and knocked Bridget to the ground.

"Well, hello again, Baxter," the woman grinned. It was Sabira.

Bridget tried to get up, but Sabira pinned her to the ground. "Looks like you're in a hurry, sweetheart... Too bad you -- oof!"

Ashley had picked up a discarded plank and whacked Sabira over the head with it. Then she leaned down and helped Bridget up.

"Come on... We've got to get moving..."

But Sabira was far from out. She stood up, snarling, and glared at her assailant. "I recognize you..." she said. "Your picture on Chen's computer... I was given orders to kill you." She grinned. "Should be fun."

Ashley turned to Bridget. "Go! I'll handle her."

"But..."

"Go!" Ashley yelled as Sabira charged at her.

Bridget nodded and took off, just as Sabira rammed into Ashley, knocking her to the ground.

"That was a mistake, Ashley," Sabira chuckled, pinning the young woman's arms to her sides. "With Bridget around, maybe you'd have a chance... But alone, you're hopeless... Like always..."

Ashley's eyes widened. "How do you know me?"

"I guess you're famous," Sabira chuckled. "The security guard who always loses her uniform. And now..." She wrapped her hands around Ashley's neck. "You're about to lose your life."

Polina quickly strategized that the best way to escape the NASA facility undetected would be through a rear exit path.

Searching for it was difficult, as she was lugging the unconscious Oksana over her shoulder. Nevertheless, she managed to keep to the shadows, and soon found a back exit near the south end of the facility, designated for emergency vehicles.

At the moment, there wasn't much going on around the area. In fact, there was only one vehicle currently parked there - a light green ambulance with NASA signage. Polina guessed that the other vehicles were probably on call at the busier hubs in the facility.

A lone paramedic stood near the ambulance, scrolling through her phone. She was a young Latina woman with caramel skin and dark hair tied back in a short ponytail. She wore a set of medical scrubs - dark green short-sleeve shirt and matching pants - and black trainers. A stethoscope hung loosely around her neck.

A quick sizing up of the woman convinced Polina she was about the right size. She approached the paramedic, a look of concern on her face.

"Excuse me," she called out. "Please, I need some help."

The paramedic looked up in surprise to see a woman in security uniform approaching her, carrying another security-uniformed woman, unconscious, over her shoulder.

The young woman nodded understandingly and motioned for Polina to set Oksana on the ground. "What happened?"

Polina lay Oksana on the ground near the ambulance. "She lost consciousness... just a few minutes ago."

"Do you know what caused it?" the paramedic asked, kneeling down to inspect Oksana.

Polina pulled the tranquilizer gun from her belt. "I do."

The paramedic looked up, and her face registered surprise as Polina squeezed the trigger. The small dart whizzed through the air and hit the young Latina in her neck.

"What..." The paramedic never got to finish her expression. She froze for a moment, then sagged limply to the ground.

Polina tucked the dart gun back into her holster, patting it against her hip. "I need to use this thing more often."

She grabbed the snoozing paramedic by her wrists and dragged her behind some nearby crates, out of sight.

Minutes later, Polina had discarded her security disguise and slipped into the medical scrubs and trainers. She fiddled with the nametag on her shirt, which read "Lupe."

Then she glanced down at the real Lupe, who was still unconscious and hidden behind the crates. The young woman had been stripped to a lavender balconette bra and slim white bikini panties. She had been gagged with two strips of white medical tape, and her ankles were bound with more such tape. Polina had been running short on tape at that point, so she had opted to bind Lupe's wrists with her own stethoscope.

Looking at the helpless paramedic now, Polina could not deny that Lupe was a pretty girl. A shame that they had to meet under these circumstances - in more normal times, Polina would have been happy to ask Lupe out for a drink.

She sighed. She had no idea what was coming next, but it seemed likely that "normal times" were now a thing of the past.

She returned to the ambulance, scooped up Oksana, and eased her into the back of the vehicle. She lay Oksana out on a stretcher, then strapped her in - for both of their sakes.

Then she got into the driver's cab and turned on the ignition. She gave one last glance at the NASA facility - and the place where she had hidden poor Lupe - then drove to the exit.

Minutes later, the bumpy road woke Oksana up.

"Urgh... What...?"

Polina put on her brightest smile. "Good morning, sunshine!"

Oksana was quiet for a moment. "Polina," she said slowly. "Why am I strapped to a gurney in the back of an ambulance?"

Polina tried to sound cheerful. "Just have some rest, Oksi. I'll explain more later."

Oksana stared at the ceiling of the ambulance. "I have a feeling that I should to kill you."

"And that's why you're strapped to the gurney," Polina replied, with more confidence than usual.

Besides, she was the one holding the tranquilizer gun.

The two fuel trucks drove up to the launch site. The two "guards" on duty let them through without incident.

"Where are Anja and Katja?" Katerina asked them after she steered the truck through the entrance.

"They weren't needed here after we... relieved the real guards of duty," Marta replied with a grin. "They left to look for Yuliya and Tatiana."

"Go fuel the rocket and we can get out of here," Valentina added.

Katerina nodded, and she and Alisa drove their truck towards the rocket.

Behind them, Jenna pulled the second truck through the gate.

"Good luck, Olga," Marta called to her as she drove through.

Jenna nodded. She still had not been exposed as an imposter - but she was running out of time to think of a plan, and was clearly outnumbered by the Russians.

Marta and Valentina remained at their station, under orders not to let anyone else pass. They had no reason to expect anyone else to arrive - so they were surprised, thirty seconds later, to hear footsteps approaching.

"Howdy," said the approaching woman, who was dressed in a more traditional security uniform. "I assume you're both imposters."

Marta and Valentina exchanged a glance.

"Of course we're not imposters," Marta replied tersely. "We are real guards, doing our jobs."

Chandra chuckled. "Honey, don't try that trick with me. Pretty much every security guard at NASA has been mugged and replaced today. Besides," she added, "I was just in the security room - tying up your friend Svetlana - and I saw you two onscreen replace the real guards on duty."

Valentina snarled. She reached for her gun, but Chandra was faster. She dove at the blonde Russian, knocking her off her feet.

Marta reached for her own gun. "Hold her still!" she cried to her partner. "I'll shoot her, I'll..."

Marta suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around. "What--"

BAM! Sonja's fist slammed into her jaw.

Chandra looked up in surprise. "Sonja! You're okay! I... Oof!"

Valentina had taken Chandra's momentary distraction to knee her in the stomach.

Sonja, with Bobbi and Felicia close behind, glowered at Valentina. "Hey! That's my friend."

Valentina glared at her in return. "Sonja... you traitor! You'll pay for turning your back on the Motherland!"

"Oh hey, Valentina - didn't recognize you in that getup," Sonja responded. "Haven't seen you since the SVR..."

"Sonja, look out!" Felicia called. Marta was still awake, and reaching for her gun.

Sonja quickly stomped her foot against Marta's hand. Marta let out a cry and dropped her gun.

Sonja turned to Bobbi and Felicia. "You two, get to the rocket! Chandra and I will subdue these two losers."

"Who are you calling a loser, you -- aagh!" Valentina cried out as Chandra twisted her arm behind her back.

Bobbi and Felicia exchanged a look, then hurried past the main gate into the launch site.

Marta drew a knife from her boot. "I've always wanted to kill a traitor," she sneered at Sonja. She lunged at her former comrade.

Sonja blocked her blow and sent her flying. "You don't get it," she told Marta. "I don't have any special alliance to your government. I've found a new home - and new friends..." She smiled at Chandra, who returned the grin. "...A new country where a professional uniform thief can feel welcome and appreciated. Where women's underwear is always creative and colorful!"

Valentina looked up in shock. "You betrayed us for... underwear?"

Her momentary distraction was her big mistake - Chandra slammed her elbow into Valentina's jaw, knocking her out.

"You wouldn't understand," Sonja said as she dealt a karate blow to Marta, knocking her out as well. "It takes a true uniform stealing connoisseur to appreciate this line of work."

She and Chandra got to their feet, smiling at each other.

"So," Chandra said with a grin, "you're still wearing Lyra Linden's pantsuit. That means you haven't stolen any new clothes since the last time I saw you?"

"Not quite," Sonja grinned, pointing at her feet. "I stole these boots from a NASA technician. Lovely, aren't they?"

Chandra nodded. "Only her boots? Wow... that's remarkable self-control. I'm impressed."

Sonja beamed. "Thanks... So, what now?"

Chandra thought for a moment. "We've... done quite a bit of heroic work today, I think... And with all the fighting going on here, the police will probably be arriving soon. We should... probably not be around when they get here."

Sonja nodded. "Good idea... But I think other Russians will be on the lookout for me."

Chandra nodded. "And my uniform got ragged up in that fight... I can't walk out of here looking like that."

They glanced down at Marta and Valentina, and the body armor they were wearing.

Sonja glanced at Chandra. "Look, I know we're on a tight budget... but do we have time for a quick uniform steal?"

Chandra smiled. "Sonja, when I'm working with you... there's always time for a uniform steal."

Bobbi and Felicia raced towards the rocket, hardly making eye contact with one another as they glimpsed the fuel trucks in the distance.

"There they are -- whoop!" Without warning, Felicia tripped over a rock and went sprawling on the ground.

Bobbi stopped and turned to Felicia, who was cursing to herself. "God, I'm such a clumsy..."

"Hey!" Bobbi interrupted.

Felicia looked up in surprise.

Bobbi held out a hand. "Stop being so hard on yourself," she said.

Felicia looked up at Bobbi for a moment, then reached out and grabbed her hand. Bobbi helped her up.

"Thanks," Felicia said quietly.

"I should be thanking you," Bobbi replied. "I was a shy, nerdy girl once... You helped me come out of my shell. Without you introducing me to the world of uniform stealing, I wouldn't be half the woman I am today."

Felicia was silent, still unsure how to respond to this.

Then she glanced ahead. "Hey... they're about to start fueling the rocket!"

"Crap... let's move!" Bobbi took off running again. Felicia was right behind her.

Katerina and Alisa were standing near the rocket, preparing to hook up the fuel tanks. Jenna stood off to one side, mind racing.

Jump them... No, jump one of them... I wish I had a weapon...

"HEY!"

Jenna's thoughts were interrupted as she saw two young women racing towards them.

Katerina whirled. "Who the hell are you? How did you get in here?"

"Don't touch that rocket!" Bobbi yelled.

Katerina scowled. "How did she escape?"

Alisa pulled out her gun. "Don't know, but I'll take care of them."

"No!" Jenna suddenly lashed out, knocking the gun from Alisa's hand.

Alisa stared at her in shock. "Olga, what is your problem?"

Jenna pulled off her helmet and facemask. "I'm not Olga."

She turned to the two newcomers. "Come on... I can't fight them alone."

Bobbi and Felicia had no idea who this woman was - but they were suddenly grateful for a new ally.

Katerina clenched her fists in fury. "Meddling bitches... You've all just made a huge mistake."

Moira and Prema scouted the surrounding area for any signs of opportunity.

"We'd better hurry," Moira noted. "Time is running short."

Prema grabbed her arm and pointed. "There, look..."

Moira looked. A pair of women in technician uniforms had just entered one of the nearby warehouses.

"They look a bit taller than us," Prema noted, "but I think we can fit in their uniforms."

Moira nodded. "As technicians, we should be able to get into the office we need."

Cautiously, they approached and entered the warehouse.

All at once, they heard the two women talking to one another.

"Where the hell are those two?" one of them asked aloud. "Tatiana? Yuliya? Where are you hiding?"

"Something may have happened to them," the other one replied. "Maybe we should report to Dr. Chen."

Moira and Prema exchanged a glance. It took just a moment for them to realize the two women they had been following were not real technicians.

Unfortunately, at that moment those same two women chose to turn around.

"Hey, Anja," one of them said. "I think we're being followed."

Anja grinned and cracked her knuckles. "Lovely... I could use another workout, eh, Katja?"

Prema took a step back. "Er... actually, we were just leaving."

"Not so fast," Katja replied. She sprang forward and grabbed Prema's arm in a viselike grip. "Who are you?"

"Hey, let go of her!" Moira tried to grab Katja, but Anja lashed out with a sudden punch to her jaw. Moira fell to the ground and lay still.

"No!" Prema cried.

"Who are you girls?" Anja asked coldly, looking at Prema. "Talk now."

Prema felt Katja's fingers digging into her arm. She looked at the fallen figure of Moira. "Please... Don't hurt her..."

"Who, her?" Katja glanced down at Moira. "She is someone special to you?"

She slowly pressed her boot down on Moira's head. "Talk now, or she dies."

Anja's cruel laughter rang in Prema's ears.

All at once, Prema felt a cold rage overtake her.

She abruptly wrenched herself away from Anja, then elbowed the surprised woman in the stomach. Katja stared in shock for a split-second, then went for her gun - but Prema had already hit her with a flying tackle. The two women tumbled on the ground for a few moments, until Prema's foot put Katja out of commission.

Anja staggered to her feet, fumbling with her weapon - but she was too slow. Prema pounced on her, fists flying furiously. Within a matter of moments, Anja was unconscious as well.

Prema stood, panting, trying to return her cool. She stared down at the two athletic, armed, yet unconscious women she had just taken down on her own.

"Don't," she said slowly, "ever lay a hand on my girlfriend."

She turned to see Moira, still on the ground, staring at her, open-mouthed.

Prema approached her, looking a bit embarrassed. "Sorry... I don't usually lose my head like that... I don't know what I..."

Moira grabbed Prema and pulled her forward, embracing her in the most passionate kiss either woman had ever experienced.

It may have lasted a minute, an hour, a year, or perhaps just a few seconds. But when Prema finally pulled away, both women were grinning.

"Marry me," Moira whispered.

Prema laughed, blushing. "You pick a perfect time to ask."

She glanced down at the two fallen Russians. "Come on... We can use their uniforms anyway. Then we'll tie them up."

Moira nodded, and scrambled to get to her feet. She began helping Prema strip the two unconscious Russians of their uniforms.

Bridget entered the power center, squinting in the darkness.

The room was quite large on the inside, with two long tables running parallel across its length, both covered in buttons and switches. On the walls were several panels lined with more buttons and switches. There were also several valves lining the walls, seemingly connected to NASA's gas lines. There was no telling which buttons she needed to push in order to cut off the electricity at NASA.

Her brow furrowed, thinking - thoughts which were quickly interrupted.

"Well, well, well... I figured someone would show up here. And I was hoping it would be you."

Bridget froze, as she always did at the sound of that voice. Then she turned, slowly, to see the grinning figure of Dr. Chen, standing at the far end of the hall.

"Hello, Bridget," she smiled, walking slowly across the length of the room. "I wasn't expecting you here, but I'm glad you decided to pop in."

Bridget tried to keep her cool, though she could not help noticing the extra-large chrome-plated gun Chen was carrying. It looked like nothing Bridget had ever seen.

And Bridget herself was completely unarmed.

She kept calm, glaring at Dr. Chen. "I've stopped you before, Julia... and I'll do it again."

"Confidence... I like that," Chen mused. "You know, in a weird way I admire you, Bridget. Were things a bit different, I could see us becoming close friends."

"Don't make me laugh." Bridget scanned the rooms for any other exits, but there were none, apart from some high-set windows. There was only one door, and the path to it was currently obstructed by Chen and her gun.

"I'm being serious," Chen replied, and stopped walking forward. "In fact, after some thought I've decided to invite you over for dinner."

She aimed the gun. "The menu is 'Nosy Reporter' - served extra-crispy."

She pulled the trigger, and white-hot flames shot out of the gun. Bridget ducked just in time, and felt the heat of the flames over her head.

"Nowhere to run, Bridget," Chen said with a laugh. "Time to die."

Sabira grinned as she tightened her grip around Ashley's throat. Stuck on the ground, Ashley's struggles were growing weaker.

"That's right, darling... Just take it easy," Sabira cooed. "It'll all be over in a few moments."

Ashley tried to move her arms, but Sabira's legs kept them pinned to her sides.

"Cheer up, Ashley," Sabira said with a laugh. "Once you're dead, you'll never get your uniform stolen again."

Through Ashley's fuzzy hearing, the words "uniform stolen" stung like a hot poker. She stared up at Sabira and noticed, for the first time, that the woman was wearing a NASA security uniform. One she had no doubt stolen from one of Ashley's friends and coworkers.

All at once, Ashley felt an anger bubble up inside her - an anger at Sabira and all her associates.

In one swift burst of strength, she wrenched her leg free and rammed her knee as hard as she could into Sabira's waist.

Sabira gasped, and abruptly doubled up in pain.

Free from her assailant's grip, Ashley rose to her feet, rubbing her neck.

Sabira glared at her. "You bitch... I..."

Ashley slammed her foot into Sabira's chin. Sabira hit the ground and lay still.

Ashley stood, catching her breath, over the unconscious Sabira. She looked down at the fallen woman.

"That uniform," she said slowly, "does not belong to you."

She knelt down and began stripping Sabira. Shoes, belt, pants, shirt, cap. Within moments, Sabira was left in a black sports bra and matching lycra panties.

Ashley changed into the security uniform - buttoning up the shirt, belting the pants, lacing up the shoes, and donning the cap. She had put on a uniform like this before, many times. But this time, it was different. It was a transformative process.

"I'm not ashamed of this uniform," she said aloud. "I'm proud to be a security guard, no matter how many times I've been mugged because of it. I'll wear this uniform proudly, every day. And if it gets stolen, I'll put on another security uniform. And then another. It's who I am."

She knelt down by the sleeping Sabira, and gagged her with a kerchief from her pocket. "And you won't ever take that away from me."

She spotted a roll of black cables on the ground and scooped it up, then began binding Sabira.

"Good night, lovebirds," Sonja smiled down into the crate.

Marta and Valentina did not return the smile. They couldn't, as they were gagged with grey cloths, not to mention trussed up with white nylon rope. But they didn't seem too happy about being left lying side-by-side in the crate, stripped to their white T-shirt bras and vanilla bikini panties.

Both women glared up at Sonja and Chandra, who were dressed in the body armor they had liberated from the two Russian agents. Sonja gave them an impish wave and shut the lid of the crate.

"Are they actually lovers?" Chandra asked in surprise.

Sonja shrugged. "Any time we leave two women tied up in a confined space in their underwear, I assume they fall in love... It's kind of a romantic experience, if you think about it."

Chandra laughed. "In that case, I think we've been responsible for dozens of romances in the past few years."

Sonja nodded. "It's one of the perks of uniform stealing."

Chandra looked at her watch. "Anyway, enough chitchat... If we leave now, we can avoid the crowd that'll inevitably pile up along the highway... Let's steal a vehicle from the parking lot and get out of here."

The two women hurried along the path to the lot, their armor jostling with each step.

"These uniforms are kind of heavy," Sonja complained.

"Don't worry, Sonj... Once we're out of here, we'll get a new change of clothes."

Sonja brightened. "And create a new pair of lovebirds?"

Chandra grinned. "You never know."

Bobbi and Felicia stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Jenna as they faced Katerina and Alisa.

"You know how to fight?" Bobbi said to Jenna.

Jenna nodded. "I'm a former security guard. I can hold my own."

"We'll just see about that!" Alisa charged at Jenna, fists flying.

Jenna quickly blocked her blow and returned the favor; from the corner of her eye, she saw Katerina charging at Bobbi and Felicia.

"You will not stop us!" Katerina yelled. "You shameful woman, stealing Olga's uniform!"

"I'm the shameful one?!" Jenna replied incredulously. "Honey, you and your friends have mugged countless women since infiltrating this facility. Shame on you!"

Alisa snarled. "I'll claw your eyes out... argh!"

She gasped suddenly as Jenna grabbed her pigtails.

"Catfighting?" Jenna said indignantly. "That's a very sexist stereotype... Sounds like you need a lesson in feminism."

She swung Alisa and sent her flying.

Nearby, Katerina shoved Felicia aside and lunged at Bobbi.

"Missed me!" Bobbi sang, ducking out of the way. "You're even clumsier than your friends Tatiana and Yuli -- oof!"

Katerina had aimed a swift kick directly at Bobbi's stomach, knocking the wind from her. The blonde Russian grinned.

"Overconfident... Always the sign of a weak fighter." She grabbed her gun. "And a dead one."

She aimed at Bobbi, who froze on the spot, staring down the cold barrel.

"No!" Felicia pounced, grabbing Katerina's arm and sinking her teeth into the woman's wrist. Katerina screamed and dropped her gun.

"You stupid--" Katerina never got to finish her sentiment, as Bobbi's fist crashed into her face. She dropped like a sack of grain.

Bobbi stared at the fallen woman for a moment, then turned to Felicia. She abruptly grabbed the redhead and embraced her in a hug.

"Oh!" Felicia was a bit surprised, but then returned the embrace. For a moment, all was right in the world.

Nearby, Jenna dropped Alisa with an uppercut. She turned to see Bobbi and Felicia hugging, and smiled. "That's amazing. The power of sisterhood."

Bobbi caught her watching, and pulled away from Felicia with a sheepish look. "It's... Sorry. Never mind."

"Don't apologize," Felicia said. "You saved my life, I saved yours."

Jenna beamed, watching them. "Don't know who you girls are, but you've saved the day. The rocket can take off without any danger of exploding."

Felicia and Bobbi nodded. Then they suddenly paused and looked at each other, and spoke in unison. "The bomb!"

"The what?" Jenna asked.

Bobbi spoke into her earpiece. "Zuhal, how's it going?"

Zuhal's voice came after a brief pause. "It... well, it could be better."

Bobbi quickly turned to Jenna. "Look, you seem trustworthy enough. Can you tie these two up for the police?"

Jenna nodded. "Sure, but... what's going on? What bomb?"

But Bobbi was already running off, with Felicia right behind her.

Another burst of flame shot out from Chen's gun, hitting the corner of one of the long metal tables and setting a ream of papers ablaze. Chen laughed.

"You can't hide forever, Bridget. There's no place to go."

Bridget kept herself crouched down behind the table, slowly making her way along the floor. Maybe she could move to the exit...

No good. Chen heard her scuffling along, and shot a blaze of flame over the desk in front of her. Bridget dove for cover... but she was running out of cover.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetie-pie?" Chen chuckled. "I'm not done with you yet."

Bridget glanced around frantically, looking for something she could use to fight back. But there were no other weapons around... Just a lot of buttons, switches, and valves.

Valves... Bridget's eyes fell upon the valves running along the side of the walls, connected to thin metal gas pipes.

She had an idea. She didn't like it, but there was no other choice.

Bridget reached out and grabbed the valve, twisting it with all her strength. There was a low hissing noise as it came loose.

Chen had rounded the corner, and was staring straight at her. The scientist's eyes gleamed more fiercely than ever, but a cruel grin remained on her face.

"Nowhere to run, Bridget," she said malevolently. "Any last words before you get deep-fried?"

Bridget slowly rose to her feet, behind the open valve but not far from the rising flames.

"Julia," she said softly. "It's not too late... Don't do this."

Chen laughed, stepping closer for better aim. "You're in no position to sound so confident." She did not notice the open valve.

She aimed her flame-gun right at Bridget's heart. "Goodbye forever, Bridget."

She squeezed the trigger.

The flames hit the stream of gas, and immediately were redirected - right back at their source. Bridget leaped over the desk to get away from the conflagration, but Chen, suddenly in the path of her own fire, was not so lucky. She screamed.

Bridget used all her strength to leap from the table to the upper window, shielding her face as she smashed through. She almost didn't make it, as the fire spread quickly throughout the small building.

Bridget landed on the ground outside, shaking and trying to catch her breath.

Behind her, she could hear the sprinkler systems kicking in, spraying water over the flames inside. The building's metal exterior meant the flames had no place to spread - within moments, the fire had been extinguished.

But was it too late for Dr. Chen?

Bridget had been a target of this woman for years, and Dr. Chen had tried to kill her and her friends on multiple occasions. Still, Bridget was not herself a killer...

Ashley ran up to her. "Bridget? What the hell happened?"

Bridget was trying to find the words to respond, when there was a fritzing noise, and the power generator went out.

Hargrove was grinning from ear-to-ear as she stepped away from the applauding crowd. Her speech had gone over even better than expected.

She walked off to the side, where Claudia and Zephyr were waiting.

"This was perfect," she said excitedly. "An adoring crowd, wouldn't you say?"

Zephyr nodded. "They loved you, boss. You're gonna win that election in a landslide!"

Hargrove paused and stared at her two assistants. "Er... why are you both dressed in NASA security uniforms?"

Claudia and Zephyr glanced down at their uniforms, then looked back up at the councilwoman.

Zephyr opened her mouth to speak, but Claudia interrupted her. "Long story, boss... Come on, let's get you to..."

At that moment, an announcement blared from the main stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have received word that one of our main power generators has gone out. The launch will need to be paused while we address this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hargrove scowled. "Well! Isn't that just the luck... Something to overshadow my speech. Why does everything happen to me?"

Bridget approached the smoldering building cautiously, and peeked in through the doorway.

The control panel had been completely fried - whatever hadn't been taken care of by the fire had been done in by the sprinklers. It was dark, but Bridget could make out a figure lying in the corner.

"Julia?" Bridget called.

There was no response.

Ashley came up behind Bridget. "What are you doing?"

"She might still be alive," Bridget said. "But she needs a hospital. I don't want her to die, I just..."

Ashley glanced around. "You need to get out of here," she said. "NASA's people are going to start investigating this area when they see the power's been blown. If they find you, they'll arrest you."

"But..."

"Go! I'll stay here - I'm an employee here, they won't bother me." Ashley looked at Bridget sympathetically. "If Chen is still alive, I'll make sure she gets to a hospital. Now go... Get out of here, fast!"

Bridget bit her lip, then nodded. She turned and started hurrying off, then paused and turned back.

"Ashley... thank you. And... I'm sorry for our first meeting."

Ashley gave her a small smile. "Hey, it's part of the job."

Bridget nodded, and ran off.

Bobbi spoke breathlessly into her earpiece as she hurried across the grounds.

"Zuhal?" she called. "Zuhal, what's going on?"

Zuhal's voice came, a bit shakily. "It seems Chen set a bit of a trap with this bomb," she said. "It can't exactly be turned off by anyone except her..."

"Then we'll have to find her," Bobbi replied.

"Bobbi, wait up!" Felicia called, running after her.

"No time to find the good doctor," Zuhal replied. "The timer is running out. However, there does seem to be a way to short-circuit the bomb - make it so the primary detonator doesn't blow, and is directed into the secondary detonator. Would be a much smaller explosion."

"How small?"

"Judging by the size of it, I'd estimate about a fifty-foot range... No one else is in that area - except the person cutting the wires, of course."

Bobbi slowed and stopped running. She stared off into space for a moment, allowing Felicia to catch up with her.

Then Bobbi spoke again. "Zuhal..."

"It's ironic, isn't it?" Zuhal's voice betrayed a resigned chuckle. "After all these years of studying bombs, it's a bomb that finally gets me."

"Zuhal, don't... There has to be another way..." Bobbi found herself trembling.

"I wish there was, girl... Really I do," Zuhal replied. "Unfortunately, the timer's got under sixty seconds left... And there's no time for a backup plan..."

"No!" Bobbi broke into a run again. The warehouse where she'd left Zuhal was in view. "Please, wait..."

"I want you to know," Zuhal said, her voice quivering slightly. "The past few months - traveling the country with you, visiting new places and stealing new uniforms - has been the best time of my life. You really showed me new things, Bobbi... You taught me to open up, to explore my surroundings... I wouldn't trade that for anything."

"We can do more of that," Bobbi said, on the verge of tears. "We can go more places... We can..."

"If only we could," Zuhal replied. "I hope you have a good life, Bobbi... And despite our disagreements, I hope your friends do too. Give my regards to Bridget and Felicia."

"I..." Bobbi was struggling for words.

"Goodbye, Roberta," Zuhal said quietly, and then the line shut off.

"NO!" Bobbi picked up her pace as she neared the warehouse, but Felicia had reached her in time. She tackled Bobbi to the ground.

The next moment, an explosion erupted from within the warehouse, shattering its walls and windows. Felicia covered her head and Bobbi's head, to protect them from flying shrapnel.

Bobbi slowly raised her head, staggering up to her knees. She stared at the smoking remains of the warehouse.

"Zuhal..." she whispered.

Tears brimmed in her eyes. She felt a hand on her shoulder - Felicia's. Turning, she buried her head on Felicia's shoulder and began to cry.

Felicia hugged Bobbi close, letting her friend's emotions wash over her. They stayed there, unmoving, as the fire smoldered nearby.

At last, Felicia felt a hand on her own shoulder. She looked up to see Bridget. A quick look between the two women was all it took to convey to Bridget what had happened.

Bridget knelt down and embraced Bobbi and Felicia. For several moments, all was quiet, save for the last flickering remains of the fire.

At some point, sirens began to sound in the distance.

Bridget looked up, and spoke. "Girls... we need to go."

Felicia nodded. She looked at Bobbi, who wiped her eyes and nodded as well.

They rose to their feet, Felicia helping Bobbi up. Then they began walking towards the parking lot.

Bobbi gave a last glance at the remains of the warehouse before they disappeared around the corner.

Hargrove checked her watch and frowned. "This is idiotic. How much longer will this delay be?"

Claudia was about to formulate a response. Then abruptly, her radio - or rather, the radio she had stolen from Darby - began to buzz.

"All units, report to northeast sector - an explosion was just charted to one of the warehouses."

Zephyr raised her eyebrow, as her radio buzzed with the message as well. "An explosion? What the...?"

"I think it's best that we get out of here," Claudia interjected. "Ms. Hargrove gave her speech, it'll be clipped across the Internet. There's clearly something... else happening at NASA today, and we shouldn't be around if and when things get ugly."

Hargrove looked like she was about to protest, but then she nodded. "You're right... The priority at this point is winning the election."

"Bingo. Come on, let's get the rest of the campaign team and get back to the bus."

As they hurried away from the security building, they did not notice Moira and Prema, who were approaching from the other direction, dressed in technician uniforms.

"Okay," Moira was saying. "Now we just need to get inside that building and sound the alarm before--"

Abruptly, the alarms began to sound.

Moira and Prema glanced quizzically at each other.

"Guess that's... our job done?" Prema asked.

Moira's phone buzzed. It was Bridget; she quickly took the call.

"Bridget? What's going on? It sounds like they're calling for people to evacuate..."

She paused and listened. Then she nodded, slowly and solemnly.

She hung up the phone and turned to Prema. "We should get out of here."

Prema looked surprised, but quickly nodded. "Of course."

They hurried off.

Hargrove reached the campaign bus, with Claudia and Zephyr right behind her. They had notified the rest of the campaign team to join them.

Hargrove looked around. "Where's Samantha?"

The bus driver was nowhere to be found. Hargrove glanced downward, and her eyebrows raised.

"The bus tires... They're flat! I thought we'd checked them before heading out..."

"We did!" Claudia responded in surprise. "Someone... must have sabotaged them."

Zephyr scowled. "I'll bet it was those USBs..."

"There must be some logical explanation," Hargrove said. "Samantha! Where are you, dear?"

Jenna jogged up to them. "Hey... Did I miss the speech?"

Claudia stared at her. "You missed everything... Where have you been? How did your 'investigation' go?" She eyed Jenna's uniform. "And why are you dressed as a NASA engineer?"

Jenna glanced at Claudia and Zephyr. "Why are you two dressed as NASA security guards?"

Zephyr sighed. "Long story..."

"Quiet, girls!" Hargrove suddenly raised her hand. "I hear something."

Her associates paused, and listened. Sure enough, they heard something... It sounded like a muffled voice, coming from the bus. Specifically, from within the luggage compartment.

"Does anyone have the keys?" Hargrove asked.

Claudia quickly searched her bag. "I have a spare... Here it is."

She unlocked the doors to the luggage compartment and swung them open. The four women peered inside and gasped.

Lying in the dark compartment among the suitcases was a young woman, clad only in blue bra and white panties. She was zip-tied and tape-gagged and struggling for help.

"Samantha!" Hargrove said in shock. "You poor thing... Girls, help me with her!"

They eased the bus driver out of the compartment. She looked sweaty and exhausted - and had been clearly been stuck in her position for a while.

Jenna was always unsettled by the sight of finding the victim of a uniform theft, and this time was no different. In fact, it was worse this time - she had become friends with Samantha over the last few weeks on the campaign, and was unsettled seeing the bus driver reduced to a small, shivering woman in her underwear.

Claudia used a knife from her belt to cut the zip-ties binding Samantha. Zephyr peeled the tape off her mouth, slowly and gently. Samantha was sobbing.

"I... I was so scared... She grabbed me... attacked me. I didn't know what to do... She was so strong... Then I woke up... It was dark... I couldn't move, I was almost naked... It was awful..."

Hargrove embraced the driver in a tight hug. "There, there, my girl... You're safe now... There's nothing to be scared of..."

Zephyr retrieved a blanket from the luggage compartment and wrapped it around the trembling Samantha. Slowly, the driver began to calm down.

"Zephyr, I have some spare clothes in one of my suitcases," Hargrove said. "I keep them for emergencies like this... Please help Samantha get changed."

Zephyr nodded. She helped Samantha up and led her away.

Hargrove then turned to Claudia and Jenna. Jenna was surprised to see the look in Hargrove's eyes - the usual kind glint had been replaced by a scowl of cold fury.

"So they think they can attack one of my girls?" she hissed. "Those uniform stealing bitches... I'll make them pay for this."

"What's the plan, ma'am?" Claudia asked.

"The plan is to win this election," Hargrove responded. "And we will win - by any means necessary."

Claudia nodded, as though she knew what this meant. Jenna wasn't so sure.

"In a few days time, I will be elected mayor," Hargrove continued. "And then, any woman who attacks another woman for her uniform will be very, very sorry. We will crush these women... We will destroy uniform stealing, now and forever."

She grinned wickedly at these words. Jenna stared at the councilwoman, and felt a slight chill go up her spine. She had never seen Hargrove talk quite this boldly.

Hargrove noticed Jenna's look, and turned to her. "Jenna," she said. "You're one of my most trusted lieutenants. We are fighting a war - a war against uniform stealing women everywhere. Can I trust you to help me win this war?"

Jenna hesitated for a moment, then thought of poor Samantha.

She nodded. "Yes, ma'am. you can count on me."

Claudia looked at her phone, and frowned. "Damn it... the NASA story is spreading all over social media... Everyone is talking about how the shuttle launch is being delayed due to a power outage... No one is talking about your campaign speech."

Hargrove sighed. "I was afraid of that... I assume this won't help my poll numbers?"

"I... doubt it, ma'am."

Hargrove rubbed her temples. "The election is in one week. Losing is not an option. We may need to resort to... unorthodox methods... to ensure my victory."

She glanced at Jenna. "Will that be a problem?"

Jenna looked surprised for a moment, but then shook her head. "No... no, ma'am."

"Splendid," Hargrove replied. "Now, let's get back to work."

She turned back to the bus. "Er, for starters... do we have a tire pump?"

Bridget, Felicia, and Bobbi had made it out of the lot before the police arrived and locked down the facility for investigation. they had received word that Prema and Moira had made it out as well.

It was all for the best - none of them were particularly in the mood right now to mug more women for disguises. The imperative right now was to get out and stay safe.

Bridget sat at the steering wheel, occasionally glancing in the rearview mirror. Felicia sat in the back, next to Bobbi, who was staring out the window. None of them spoke.

Finally, Bridget found the words. "I... I think we should turn on the radio... Check the status of what's happening at NASA..."

Felicia nodded, slowly. Bobbi stared out the window.

Bridget flipped on the radio.

"...launch may be delayed. In the meantime, police are investigating the explosion at NASA's power core... Reports indicate that they have discovered a woman's body... Badly burned, comatose, but still alive..."

Bridget breathed outward.

She wanted to say something to lift the mood in the car - "We did it, girls!" or something to that effect, to affirm that they had saved the day.

But another glance in the rearview told her that neither Felicia nor Bobbi were in the mood for celebrating.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Fun chapter!

It is a funny chapter in that at this point just about all the uniformed women are impostors!

However, we still manage to find a woman to be divested of her uniform when Polina takes out Lupe.

It is such a classic scene, love to picture the pretty young woman casually scrolling through her phone, oblivious to the danger. Polina uses the stolen uniform to. Great little scene:

"Do you know what caused it?" the paramedic asked, kneeling down to inspect Oksana. Polina pulled the tranquilizer gun from her belt. "I do." The paramedic looked up, and her face registered surprise as Polina squeezed the trigger. The small dart whizzed through the air and hit the young Latina in her neck. "What..." The paramedic never got to finish her expression. She froze for a moment, then sagged limply to the ground. Polina tucked the dart gun back into her holster, patting it against her hip. "I need to use this thing more often."She grabbed the snoozing paramedic by her wrists and dragged her behind some nearby crates, out of sight."

I can see why Polina thinks she should use the dart gun more often. It certainly did a great job of putting the pretty Latina to sleep quickly and without trouble.

Also fun little comment "Looking at the helpless paramedic now, Polina could not deny that Lupe was a pretty girl. A shame that they had to meet under these circumstances - in more normal times, Polina would have been happy to ask Lupe out for a drink." Love Polina looking at the woman she just knocked out and admiring her attractiveness.

Also loved the comment "They weren't needed here after we... relieved the real guards of duty," Why do I think the real guards didn't appreciate how they were relieved of duty.

As always, great chapter.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

I am shocked, Zuhal... this has been totally unexpected

I drew pictures of her so many times...

I need some time to come to terms with this loss :cry:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Meditions: It's a tricky balance in this chapter, since while there are definitely some serious moments, the very premise is quite comical (with so many imposters everywhere) and I did try to allow for a few fun/comedic scenes. Always a tricky thing with climaxes in these stories.

The scene with Polina and Lupe was an attempt to feature a traditional USB scene amidst the action, and I'm happy you liked it. Polina certainly gets a lot of use out of her tranquilizer gun; it was only a matter of time before it became her signature weapon.

Also felt it was worth adding a humanizing moment for Polina in her looking longingly at the pretty paramedic and wondering what might have been, under different circumstances. Little moments like that hopefully resonate with readers.

By my count, about a dozen NASA guards were "relieved of duty" in this story - and none of them were particularly happy about it. :lol:

Esercito: Indeed, I can understand your shock. I knew from the start that there was going to be some sort of shocking loss at the climax of this story - it just took me a while to figure out what it would be.

I always appreciated your pictures of Zuhal (I always loved that visual from "To Steal a Sports Team") and other characters in this series; I can understand why the end of this chapter resonated with you. Hopefully the upcoming epilogue resonates as well.
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

"Maybe they're a couple of USBs."
A shame there isn't a computer around to plug them in. Aaaaaand that's my cue to leave... :oops:

More seriously, I won't complain to see an update so soon after the previous one. Lots of suspense thanks to all the fights, the small cliffhangers, and of course the looming threats of the bomb and the rocket.

This part is a lot more action-packed, which is befitting for a climax. It's in moments like that I can appreciate the way you've managed to connect all the storylines, especially when various characters show up just in the nick of time to take part to the fights.

You surely made sure every main character got their moment to shine. Felicia and Bobbi, Sonja and Chandra, Jenna, Prema, Bridget (obviously she'd be the one to take out Chen), and even Ashley. (Triggered by the words uniform stealing. Plus, her one-liner. "That uniform... does not belong to you." I find those equally hilarious and badass. Gotta love the reasoning for her stripping Sabira.)

Loved the scene with Prema going all berserk to save Moira (followed by huge kiss and marriage proposal). I felt like I stumbled into an anime for a minute, and I relished every second of it. :lol:

Of course, you also made sure to include a couple of funny lines as well. Sonja is right. According to the Uniform Stealing Board, the probabilities two women robbed of their uniforms and stuffed together fall in love are surprisingly high. Science! :lol:

With a villainess like Dr. Chen, the most pleasant moment has to be when her entire meticulously-crafted plan pathetically collapses and goes down the drain. (Too bad for Lana. Never be the henchwoman near the boss when her plan falls apart, I always say. :lol: )

Of course, Chen's evil plan pales in comparison to the truly devious ploy of this story. The bus tires... They're flat! GASP! Surely they realize, this means war!

On a side note, I realize this chapter is an oddity. A chapter in which uniform stealers are pushed around more than uniformed women. (Sorry Lupe, you're the vocal minority here.) I think I saw a couple of pigs flying from my window as well. :lol: Though I chuckle at the irony.

I liked you took the time to show an emotional moment between Bridget, Bobbi, and Felicia (the one after Zuhal's death). They are after all the trio who started everything.

As for Zuhal's sacrifice, I wouldn't call her a goner until the saga is absolutely finished. She wouldn't be the first woman in this saga to escape certain death against all odds. Chen's a living testimony of that. Call me sceptical.

So we're reaching the epilogue? Cool. 8-) It's true that Hargrove's subplot still leaves room. (And why am I not surprised she carries spare uniforms?)
"...A new country where a professional uniform thief can feel welcome and appreciated. Where women's underwear is always creative and colorful!"

Valentina looked up in shock. "You betrayed us for... underwear?"
Clearly, Valentina is missing out some context here. She didn't betray them for underwear. She betrayed them for...

tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

I suppose the "USB" dual-meaning will never get old... I even had a character make it in "Terror on the Seas." Classic wordplay for our genre. :)

I've been pushing myself to get these last few chapters out at a regular rate. Good way to keep up the suspense by not letting too much time elapse between posts. Hopefully the epilogue will be available soon.

Action-packed climaxes are always among the toughest chapters to write in these stories, which tend to rely on stealth and quiet infiltrations by the very nature of USB stories. But they're also a fun way to help everything come together.

I tried my best to give every main character a moment in the sun for this chapter, since this is after all the climax to the grand finale. Was very satisfying to give Ashley her big moment, turning her into a badass in a way that felt both funny and fitting to her character. And at last giving her true, proper agency in a "uniform stealing" scenario.

The Prema/Moira scene was also a highlight for me, especially since I didn't want those two to feel shortchanged after being sidelined for a good chunk of this story. And it felt important to give Prema a big action moment as well.

I like to think that a lot of the victims of "double uniform steals" in this story do fall in love, to some degree. It helps make the process of uniform stealing a bit less cruel when the victims use the opportunity to find romance. :lol:

I never get tired of writing Dr. Chen's plans fall apart. She's a villainess we love to hate, which makes her downfall satisfying every time.

The bus tires (and unfortunate driver) were an aspect alluded to earlier in the story, and they're obviously quite a minor issue, drawing a contrast between Hargrove's haughty aspirations and the stakes of the rest of the story. But it does set things in place for the upcoming epilogue.

It's been an unlucky chapter for uniform thieves, for sure, though mostly the "bad" uniform thieves (I try to draw the contrast, even though it's tough to argue that most of my characters are truly "good" people). Lupe was helpful in providing some contrast - there's always some unlucky civilian caught in the middle somewhere.

Bringing Bridget, Bobbi, and Felicia together for an emotional moment at the end was vital; I never would have started this journey without those three women, and I remain forever indebted to them for launching it. :)

I won't say much about Zuhal, other than the obvious fact that it would have felt a bit gratuitous to feature it onscreen. It's a dark chapter, but I didn't want to make it overly grim. There needed to be some sense of loss to the story to lend gravity to the climax, and this seemed like the most appropriate way to demonstrate it.

Hargrove will indeed play a part in the epilogue, which should hopefully be posted in a few weeks. Want to make sure to wrap up as much as I can, for every major character.

And that "Merica" meme - much like the "USB" joke - doesn't get old. :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts!
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

EPILOGUE

Bridget finished typing her article and leaned back in her chair, lacing her fingers behind her head.

It had been seven days since the escapade at NASA. Despite the harrowing circumstances faced by Bridget and her friends, they had triumphed - the rocket launch had been delayed a few hours, but had eventually proceeded.

The police had combed the various bases of NASA and had discovered over two dozen women stashed all around the facility, bound and gagged and stripped to their underwear. Some of these women had been identified as NASA employees; others were not, and a quick search of federal databased revealed them to be a mix of wanted criminals - in the case of Lana and Sabira - and Russian agents. These women were promptly taken into custody.

Chen had been arrested and taken to the prison hospital, badly nurned. She would survive, but the doctors concluded that, physically, she would never walk again. Not that it would matter, as she would likely spend the rest of her days in prison.

Bridget hadn't stayed long enough to watch the investigation or the subsequent launch, but she had more than enough of an inside scoop to post the story - minus the role of her and her friends, of course.

That story was complete - but a new story was brewing.

Bridget checked her watch. It was Election Night, and the polls would be closing in about an hour. Pretty soon, they would know if Delilah Hargrove would be the next mayor of her fair city.

No matter the results of the election, Bridget knew her objective - to be the first one to interview Hargrove, and get an on-the-spot reaction. It was exactly the sort of story that could drive traffic to her blog. And besides, it would give her a keen insight into a woman who clearly had an axe to grind with uniform stealing women.

Bridget checked through her phone messages. Moira had sent her a text with accompanying photo. It was a picture of her and Prema, both grinning broadly as they held their hands up for the camera, displaying the matching, glittering rings they sported. Bridget had never seen either of the two women look so happy before, and it made her smile as well.

Moira's text at the bottom read: "Thank you for introducing me to the love of my life." Bridget beamed.

Her phone rang. It was Felicia.

"Hi, honey, how's it going?"

"Good..." Felicia said hesitantly. "At least I hope it's good... I, um... I just got a text from Ellen."

Bridget nodded. "What did she say?"

"I think she wants to talk to me," Felicia replied. "I don't know why, but... I consider this a sign of progress, right? After how we parted."

Bridget nodded again. "That's good... Best of luck."

She paused. "By the way, you... haven't spoken to Bobbi today, have you?"

There was a longer pause on the other end. Then Felicia spoke. "No... She's not answering my texts."

Bridget sighed. "Keep trying. You're her best friend... and she could really use one of those right now."

There was another pause. "Thanks, Bridget."

"For what?"

"Everything," Felicia said. "I'll talk to you soon."

Ashley smiled as she patrolled her sector of the NASA grounds.

For the first time in many months, she was perfectly content - elated, in fact. She had never been prouder to wear her uniform than she was now.

Dozens of her coworkers had been mugged for their uniforms the previous week, but all had been freed, and most had felt comfortable enough to return to work. Ashley had helped them, always lending an ear when they needed to talk about their experience. As a professional uniform stealing target - Ashley refused to think of herself as a "victim" any longer - she was perfectly able to talk with other women about their humiliating experiences of being bound and gagged in their underwear.

Along her patrol, she spotted another uniformed guard coming her way - a young light-skinned woman with short ash-blonde hair, whose face Ashley did not recognize. Immediately, impulsively, she grew suspicious. Was this another imposter?

But Ashley quickly glanced at the girl's ID badge, and was happy to see that the picture matched her face. The name on the badge read "Verona."

Verona noticed Ashley staring at her badge. "Is... there a problem?"

Ashley shook her head. "None at all. You new here?"

Verona nodded. "I just started her today. Trying to learn the ropes at NASA."

At this phrase, Ashley couldn't help but laugh. In her career as a security guard, she had been forced to learn "the ropes" many times.

Verona gave her a strange look. "Did I say something funny?"

"No, no," Ashley smiled. "Look, it's really nice to meet you. Glad to have another girl on the security team."

Verona nodded. "I heard about some of the dangerous things that have happened at NASA lately."

"Yeah, it's pretty wild around here," Ashley admitted. "But that's the fun part of working as a security guard. You never know just what's going to happen on any day." She paused, then turned to Verona. "Say... what type of underwear are you wearing?"

Verona looked surprised. "That... seems like an inappropriate question..."

"I know," Ashley said. "But... well, you're new to being a security guard. You're not familiar with some of our hazards. Such as the fact that we tend to get mugged a lot, by women who steal our uniforms."

Verona stared at her. "Is this a joke?"

"Nope," Ashley replied. "My advice to you is to wear underwear that is pretty dull, standard, nothing too loud or embarrassing. Trust me, there's nothing more humiliating than being found tied up and gagged in a lacy red bra and G-string."

Verona didn't know how to respond. "Did this... once happen to you?"

Ashley chuckled. "Once? Honey, count yourself lucky if it only happens to you once."

Verona looked a mixture of perplexed and nervous. Ashley noticed.

"But don't let that dissuade you. It's a great job! And the fact that so many women desire your uniform - that they're willing to go to such lengths to obtain it - that's a point of pride. You've earned this uniform. Wear it with dignity. And when someone steals it - because trust me, it's gonna happen - you put on a new uniform the next day."

She sighed wistfully. "Someday, maybe in the near future, uniform stealing will be a thing of the past. But in the meantime, we deal with it any way we can."

Verona didn't know what to say. She simply stared at Ashley for several long seconds.

Then Ashley put a hand around her shoulder. "Come on... I'll show you the snack bar."

Felicia stepped cautiously into Oakwood Park. Ellen had wanted to meet in a fairly crowded area. Felicia figured the woman still didn't trust her.

She spotted the woman sitting on a bench, watching several teenagers navigate around the skating rink. Felicia approached.

"...Hi," she said.

Ellen gave her a cold look. "Hello."

Felicia sat at the other end of the bench, as far away from Ellen as possible. She squirmed uncomfortably. "So, um... you wanted to meet?"

Ellen was silent for many long seconds. "...I read all about what happened."

"Happened?" Felicia asked.

"At NASA," Ellen replied. "How Dr. Chen and those Russians tried to blow everything up. How they were stopped by some mysterious people who were never mentioned in the papers."

She turned and looked at Felicia. "Were you one of those people?"

Felicia bit her lip. "Well, I... I did help."

Ellen nodded. "I knew it... You infiltrated NASA again."

"But it was for good reasons," Felicia said. "And I didn't hurt anyone, I..."

"Please stop talking," Ellen said suddenly.

Felicia stopped. Ellen looked at her.

"A lot of my coworkers could have died that day," Ellen said seriously. "I could have died. You saved me and a lot of people I care about."

Felicia stayed quiet.

"That night you attacked me," Ellen continued. "When you chloroformed me... stripped me, tied me up... left me all night to struggle in a bathroom stall. Do you know how awful that felt?"

Felicia swallowed. "It's bothered me for ages... I wish I'd never done it."

"Then why did you do it?" Ellen asked.

"I was young," Felicia replied, her eyes brimming. "I was naïve... I was concerned about investigating NASA, I didn't think about who I was hurting to do so."

"And because you used my uniform to disguise yourself," Ellen continued, "it helped you learn all about Dr. Chen and her insane plans to sabotage the rocket? Just like she tried to do again last week?"

"Well... yes," Felicia said. "But I... if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have done it."

Ellen sighed. "Felicia... I don't think you're a bad person."

Felicia wiped her eye. "You... you don't?"

"You're clearly a mature young woman," Ellen continued. "And you recognize right from wrong. And you helped save NASA... more than once."

She gazed up at the evening sky. "What you did to me was wrong... But looking back now, it was probably necessary," she said. "I was never going to just give you my uniform... and if you hadn't stolen it, you wouldn't have gotten the info needed to stop Dr. Chen. And who knows what would have happened to me and my friends."

Felicia kept silent.

"So I want to say... Thank you," Ellen continued. "Thank you for mugging me. Thank you for chloroforming me and stealing my clothes and tying me up and posing as me. If you hadn't done all that... If Chen's plans had succeeded... I... my daughter..."

She started to cry. Felicia was startled for a moment, then quickly embraced Ellen in a hug.

"I hate the whole concept of 'uniform stealing'," Ellen sniffled. "But I don't know... if I'd be alive without it."

Felicia nodded. "Me too."

Delilah Hargrove checked her watch impatiently.

The councilwoman was in her private office, pacing around nervously. Zephyr sat in the corner, scrolling through her phone.

Outside, in the main offices, a large campaign party had formed, as staff had invited their friends to watch the election results come in.

"How do the exit polls look?" Hargrove asked Zephyr.

Zephyr winced. "Too close to call, boss."

"Our city can't have another term with the current mayor in charge," Hargrove growled. "He cares nothing about the citizens, especially not the uniformed women who are attacked every single day. We absolutely must win."

She picked up her phone and dialed. "Claudia? Are you in position?"

"Copy that," Claudia responded into her phone. "We're ready and waiting."

"The polls will be closing in a matter of minutes," Hargrove said urgently. "You have only a brief window of opportunity. Do not blow it."

"We won't, boss," Claudia said. "Gotta go... Will report back later."

She hung up her phone and turned to Jenna. "Isn't this thrilling?"

The two women were currently crouching in an alley, surveying the rear of the building across the street with binoculars. It was a post office - small but crucial to Hargrove's plan.

"It's... dangerous," Jenna responded. "If we get caught, it's life in jail."

"We won't get caught," Claudia said firmly. "Don't turn chicken on me now, Jenna... We need to win this election - by any means necessary, got it?"

Jenna bit her lip, but nodded. "Got it."

"Great," Claudia replied. She turned back to the streets and smiled. "Ah! There's our target."

The "target" in question was a small blue mail truck, rumbling up the road. It was one of the city-sanctioned vehicles, recruited to pick up the thousands of ballots that voters had sent in by mail.

The city government had paid for several such vehicles to travel their routes throughout the city. Hargrove had determined one such route, based on geography and delivery patterns. Claudia and Jenna had staked out one such postal office near the far end of town, in the gamble that it would be late in the route of one such vehicle. And they appeared to have been proven right.

Each postal vehicle had two employees, for security purposes - a driver and a "collector". This vehicle was no different, as could be seen when the vehicle pulled to the rear of the post office and came to a stop.

The collector hopped out of the truck. She was a tall, slim woman with shoulder-length blonde hair, dressed in a postal uniform of light blue button-down shirt, black jacket, dark brown jeans, and black shoes. She wore a dark blue baseball cap on her head, as well as a pair of rimless dark sunglasses.

The driver of the truck remained in the vehicle, in order to keep an eye on the ballots stored in the rear. She had dark skin and short, frizzy black hair, and was attired similarly to the collector.

"Don't take too long," she told her partner. "We're running late as it is."

Watching all this through her binoculars, Claudia grinned.

"We're in luck," she told Jenna. "Both of these postal workers are women."

Jenna winced. "That's a weird way to define 'luck'... Are you saying it'd be more difficult to attack men?"

"No, but it would be more difficult to fit into their uniforms," Claudia explained.

Jenna looked surprised. "I thought you said this plan wouldn't involve any uniform stealing."

"I said it wouldn't involve any more uniform stealing than necessary," Claudia corrected her. "It's the only way, Jenna. Are you in or out?"

Jenna gulped, as she remembered her promise to Ashley. But it was too late to back out now.

"I... I'm in."

"Perfect." Claudia watched as the blonde postwoman disappeared into the back door of the office. "Okay, she's going to retrieve the ballots... Now's our chance."

She stepped out of the alley before Jenna could say anything further, and quickly strode towards the mail truck.

The driver was nearing the end of her route, which had factored into the plan. Sure enough, she looked a bit tired and wasn't paying too much attention to her surroundings.

Claudia walked up to the driver-side window and tapped on the glass. The driver looked up, startled.

"Excuse me," Claudia said sternly. "You can't park here."

The driver looked surprised. "I'm not parked here," she explained. "I'm just waiting for..."

"What?" Claudia cupped a hand to her ear. "I'm sorry, I can't hear you..." She motioned for the driver to open the window.

The driver sighed, and rolled down the window. "I said, I'm not parked h--uugghhh!"

She gave a sudden start as Claudia hit her with a swift neck chop. The driver slumped forward, unconscious.

Claudia reached into the truck and unlocked the door, then opened it and pulled the driver out. She quickly dragged the woman back to the alley where Jenna was waiting.

"You're closer to her size than I am," Claudia told Jenna. "Hurry up and strip."

Jenna started to protest. "But..."

Claudia silenced her with a look. She was already in the process of unbuttoning the driver's uniform.

Jenna sighed inwardly, then began to remove her own clothes.

Both women worked quickly. Within minutes, the postal driver was down to a neon-pink demicup bra and grey hiphuggers. Jenna quickly slipped into the woman's uniform while Claudia used black duct tape to bind and gag her.

Jenna cast a pitying glance at the poor driver. "I can't believe we're doing this... I can't believe I'm doing this..."

"Stop whining," Claudia said sternly. "We steal a few uniforms now to save thousands of women from getting their uniforms stolen later. Finish getting dressed and get to the truck."

Jenna slipped on the hat and sunglasses, then quickly headed for the truck. She got into the driver's seat and shut the door just in time.

The next moment, the rear door to the post office opened, and the postal collector stepped out. The blonde was carrying a large, padlocked metal box. She carried it around to the rear of the truck, then placed it inside. Then she jogged back to the front of the truck and climbed into the cab.

"All done, Stella," she said proudly, buckling her seatbelt. "Let's get to the polling center before..."

Her voice trailed off as she stared at the woman in the driver's seat. "You're not Stella."

Jenna tried to stay calm. She did not want to hurt this woman. "Please, I just..."

But it was no use - Jenna could see the blonde was opening her mouth to scream.

Moving swiftly, Jenna grabbed the woman, covering her mouth with one hand and wrapping the other arm around her neck. She applied pressure, trying to find the right amount that would knock the woman out without doing her any lasting damage.

The blonde flailed about, but the combination of Jenna's sleeper hold plus the seat belt limited her movement. She tried reaching for the steering wheel - perhaps honking the horn would alert attention - but fell short. Gradually, her reflexes slowed.

"It's all for the best," Jenna whispered into the blonde's ear as the woman sank into unconsciousness. "Please trust me... It's all for the best."

Jenna wished she believed it as much as she said it. Nevertheless, it was too late to turn back now. She sighed and motioned to Claudia, giving the "all-clear" signal. Then she started the truck and drove it into the alley.

Soon after, Claudia had her own disguise, one identical to Jenna's. The blonde postal collector was stripped to a purple triangle bra and maroon boyshorts, taped up and gagged and seated beside her coworker in the rear of the vehicle.

"What do we do now?" Jenna asked.

"First, we do some quick substituting," Claudia replied. "Exchange the thousands of ballots in the truck for some fake ones. Then we take them to the polling center. Hopefully they'll be enough to get Hargrove over the line. I gave our two uniform donors a quick knockout drug to keep them asleep all night - by the time they wake up, we'll be gone, and they'll be back in uniform with little to no memory of what happened tonight."

Jenna gulped. "Claudia, this... this is a federal offense."

"Only if we get caught," Claudia shot back. "And we won't. Now come on, we've got a lot ballots to swap."

Once again, Jenna didn't argue further.

Bobbi sat on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Another night in, and she didn't feel much like going out.

She had waited for several days... Waited for some bit of good news. Some breaking item about how Zuhal had been found, that she was alive and well. That everything would be okay. But no such luck.

In the past week, Bobbi had not engaged in any hijinks. She had not mugged any women for their clothes or uniforms. Usually, it was her form of therapy - her way of cheering up, expressing her strength and individuality. But now, Bobbi didn't feel like expressing much of anything.

Her phone buzzed. Bobbi looked at it, almost hopefully. It was a text from Felicia.

Bobbi sighed. She did not read the text, nor did she respond.

She still didn't know what to say to Felicia. Once her best friend, but so much bad blood had built up between them. And all due to their differing opinions on uniform stealing.

Sometimes, Bobbi wished she had never heard about the concept of "uniform stealing." Her life had been perfectly fine and normal before she became an adventuress, a professional infiltrator and mistress of disguise. Hadn't it?

Certainly she had been shy, demure, and reserved in those days. And in the past few years, she had grown more confident, outgoing, and assertive. All of that was better, as far as she was concerned. But she had lost a friend - ironically, the one who had introduced her to uniform stealing in the first place.

Bobbi's phone buzzed again. It was a text - no, an email.

Bobbi glanced at the sender's name, and her eyes widened. It was... from Zuhal?

Then her face fell - the email had a video link, that was almost three weeks old. It had been filmed well before all the events at NASA. It had only been sent now - perhaps automatically set up weeks in advance.

Still, Bobbi clicked the link.

Zuhal's face popped up, smiling and mischievous as ever.

"Hi, Bobbi," she said. "You're sleeping in the other room right now, so I guess this is a good time to make this video. Don't wake up, okay?"

She chuckled. Bobbi chuckled as well.

Then Zuhal continued. "So listen... these last few months have been a total blast. You and me, just a couple of gal-pals traveling the country, seeing sites and stealing clothes. It's a dream come true. The best time of my life, no question."

She paused. "But good times can't last forever, Bobbi. And... I have a feeling ours won't last much longer."

Bobbi swallowed.

"I'm a wanted criminal, Bobbi," Zuhal added. "I escaped from jail a while back, and the police are still after me. I've been hiding out for months, but there's only so many aliases and disguises I can adopt before they find me. And when they do... I can't have them arresting you as well."

She sighed. "That's why I need to go, Bobbi. I need to leave, find a place to hide where I'm not endangering my closest friend. In a few weeks, I'm leaving. I won't tell you beforehand, but I've set up this video to explain things after I'm gone.

"I know what you're thinking - 'what now'? Well, I wouldn't worry about you, kid. You're the toughest, most badass woman I've ever met. You'll be fine even if I'm not around to advise you. I trust you to know right from wrong... even better than I ever did!" She laughed again.

"But most importantly - you've got friends, Bobbi. I know they might not always seem like it, but Bridget's a smart woman, always willing to see the best in people... myself included! And Felicia... I can tell she cares about you. Even if you don't agree about everything, she clearly knows you better than most people ever will.

"As for me... don't worry about that, either. I'm heading out to greener pastures, Bobbi. I'm sure we'll meet again. Maybe you'll be in the hospital and I'll come dressed as a nurse... Maybe I'll be the waitress serving you dinner at a five-star restaurant. Maybe I'll be a backup dancer at the late-night show you get tickets to. The point is, you can guarantee I'll be back... and there will be some bound-and-gagged, underwear-clad woman stuffed in a closet nearby."

She grinned at the thought. "Goodbye, Bobbi. And good luck."

The video ended.

Bobbi continued staring at the screen for several seconds, even as tears blurred her vision.

Slowly, she sat up and wiped her eyes. Zuhal's words still resonated in her ears.

Bobbi scrolled over to her phone messages and found the ones from Felicia. And she started to read.

Bridget reached the Hargrove campaign building, which was practically abuzz with activity. Dozens of the councilwoman's fans - mostly young women - had crowded into the offices to watch the election results come in. The mood was excited and suspenseful, with many girls buzzing about their hopes for a Hargrove administration.

Bridget didn't see Hargrove herself among the crowd, which made sense - the councilwoman was probably secluded in a back office, waiting for actual results before she addressed her fans. Nevertheless, Bridget knew that if she waited too long to try to get an interview, Hargrove would be mobbed with both fans and media attention. Indeed, there were already some news vans parked across the street, with reporters interviewing a few of the fans and campaign staffers.

Bridget would need to strike while the iron was hot. No one noticed as she slipped into the alleyway at the side of the building.

She circled around to the rear of the campaign building, and spotted a rear entrance. Unfortunately - though not unexpectedly - it was under guard.

The security guard was a fit young woman with sandy brown hair tied back in a low ponytail. She wore a slate-grey button-down shirt, slim black pants, and brown loafers, as well as a black peaked cap atop her head. She noticed Bridget coming and shook her head.

"Sorry, hon… No entrance this way."

"Have you seen my cat?" Bridget asked, stepping closer to the guard. "He ran off while I was on the phone with my boyfriend… Think he scampered into this alley. My cat, that is, not my boyfriend…"

The guard shook her head. “Sorry, babe. Now please..."

"Ah, there he is!" Bridget pointed past the guard’s shoulder.

The guard turned automatically. "Where? I… Ohhh…"

Her eyes widened in shock as Bridget gripped the spot just above her shoulder and squeezed.

The guard’s limbs went rubbery, and her eyes fluttered closed. With a groan, she sank backwards into Bridget’s arms.

"Sorry," Bridget whispered into the woman's ear as she dragged her away from the door.

Before long, Bridget was buttoning up the guard's uniform, lacing up the shoes and donning the cap.

She had deposited the real guard behind some crates in the back of the alley. The poor woman was dressed in a pink underwire bra and light blue hipsters. Bridget had wrapped her in a blanket to keep her warm.

"I need the uniform for full access to the campaign offices," Bridget explained. "Nothing personal."

The woman was unconscious, of course, and could not hear her. But Bridget still felt slightly better voicing her thoughts.

She unlocked the rear entrance and stepped inside.

Bobbi strode silently down the sidewalk, multiple thoughts swirling in her head. Overhead, the sun had set, and the stars began to twinkle above.

Bobbi kept her head down as she turned down a quiet street. She didn't notice much around her. And she didn't hear the sound of footsteps until they were quite close.

"Well, well," a young woman smirked, stepping out of an alleyway to block Bobbi's path. "Out all by yourself, pumpkin?"

She was tall and light-skinned, with bushy blonde hair that reached midback. She wore a black leather jacket over a dark red blouse, torn blue jeans, and brown knee-high riding boots.

"Maybe she's lost her way," a second voice said from behind.

A second young woman stepped out from the alley behind Bobbi, blocking her rear path. This woman was slightly shorter than her friend, with tanned skin and shoulder-length dark hair. She wore a black denim jacket over dark blue T-shirt, dark grey slacks, and black Doc Martens.

"Is that true, sweetie? You lost?" The blonde appeared to be a year or two younger than Bobbi, but her malicious smile and general attitude suggested a woman who clearly felt in charge.

Bobbi had dealt with women like this before, and didn't much care to do so now. "Go away," she said, irritated. "I've got places to be."

She tried to move forward, but the blonde blocked her path.

"Sorry, cupcake... You can't pass through this area without paying the toll."

"Toll?" Bobbi asked, vaguely bemused. "What toll?"

The blonde's grin broadened.

"Your clothes," she said. "Strip to your underwear, and make it snappy."

Bobbi raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?" then she realized who these women were. "Oh... you're those Uniform Swiping Bimbos, right?"

"Babes," the brunette corrected tersely. "Come on, you heard what Wynter said. Take off your clothes. Hurry up."

"Why do you want my clothes?" Bobbi asked. "Do you need a disguise or something? Do you not have money for your own outfits?" She eyed their wardrobe. "Frankly, I'd believe the latter."

The brunette scowled. "We steal clothes because we like to steal clothes," she said. "We do it because it's fun, it's cool, it's exciting."

"Well said, Laverna," the blonde added. "We don't need any more reason than that. And we don't need to explain ourselves to dumb girls like you."

She smiled again and reached into her pocket. "Now, we can either do this the easy way..." She pulled out a set of brass knuckles and slid them onto her fingers. "...or the fun way."

At that moment, Laverna grabbed Bobbi's arms and held her tightly. Wynter approached, a cruel glint in her eye. "Last chance, pumpkin."

To the surprise of both women, Bobbi began laughing.

"You idiots," she said. "You don't understand or appreciate the meaning of uniform stealing. You think it's a fad, don't you? That it's something you can tweet about and go viral with... There's nothing to it beyond the surface level."

Wynter looked at her oddly. "What the hell are you talking about? Uniform stealing isn't supposed to be deep. It's just fun."

"No, you moron," Bobbi said. "Uniform stealing isn't just 'fun.' It's empowering. It's therapeutic. It gives strength and purpose to women who need it."

Wynter and Laverna exchanged a glance.

"I used to be a shy, nerdy girl, all focused on studying and good grades," Bobbi said. "In recent years, my life has changed. I've learned all about who I am... the me who lives to her maximum potential. I made a new friend who helped me explore all that potential, to unlock myself like never before... And then she..."

Bobbi's voice trailed off for a moment. Then she resumed. "The point is, my life changed - all thanks to uniform stealing. Sure, it's 'fun' - but it's so much more. And you're idiots if you can't appreciate that."

"Enough of this nonsense," Wynter said angrily. "Are you giving us your clothes or not?"

"I'll make you a deal," Bobbi replied. "The first one of you who surrenders to me gets to keep her clothes. The other one ends up stripped to her underwear. How does that sound?"

Wynter and Laverna looked at each other, and laughed.

"Okay, honey," Wynter smiled. "One knuckle sandwich, coming up."

She sped her fist right towards Bobbi's face.

Abruptly, with a burst of strength, Bobbi twisted away from Laverna's grip, then rammed her foot into Wynter's stomach. Wynter doubled up, groaning.

Laverna took a moment to register shock - a moment too long, as it were. Bobbi grabbed her from behind in a wrestling hold, tightening her arm around the woman's neck.

"Give up?" Bobbi asked matter-of-factly.

"Errgghh..." Laverna tried to struggle free, but Bobbi held on tight.

"Give up?"

"I... I give up..." Laverna wheezed.

"Smart girl." Bobbi let go of Laverna, then quickly knocked her out with a neck chop.

Wynter got to her feet,, rubbing her stomach. "Bitch, I'll strip you with my bare hands!"

She dove at Bobbi, who did not get out of the way, but rather grabbed her, sending the blonde up and into the air.

Wynter crashed to the ground and lay still.

Bobbi exhaled. She felt better already.

She dragged both girls into the alley. True to her word, she allowed Laverna to keep her clothes, but stripped Wynter down to her black sports bra (adorned with skull and crossbones, almost predictably) and matching boyshorts. She found some grey duct tape in Wynter's jacket pocket - presumably intended for their use on her - and set about binding and gagging them.

Once that was done, Bobbi changed clothes, dressing in Wynter's blouse, jeans, boots, and leather jacket. With each new article of clothing, she felt stronger and more assured. Once again, the power of uniform stealing had worked its magic.

"Thanks, girls," she said to the two unconscious women tied up in the corner of the alley. "I really needed this."

Tossing her hair over her shoulder, she stepped out of the alley and continued on her way.

Bridget wandered through the halls of the campaign building, sidling right past the main office. No one stopped her - the security uniform she wore deterred any questions.

Besides, no one was paying much attention to the security anyways - everyone appeared to have their eyes glued to the TVs or their phones. The election results were expected any minute.

Bridget reached a door at the end of the hall marked "D. Hargrove." She knocked.

"Enter," the voice called from within.

Bridget opened the door and stepped into the office. Councilwoman Hargrove was alone at her desk; she appeared to be putting some last-minute touches on one of her prospective speeches.

"Good evening, Councilwoman," Bridget said in the authoritative tone befitting her disguise. "I was wondering if I could have a minute of your time..."

Hargrove looked up. "Ah! Ms. Baxter, glad you could stop by."

Bridget froze.

"Nice uniform... I trust it's a good fit?" Hargrove continued.

"I... How did you know..." Bridget was flummoxed.

"I'm having some difficulty hearing you, Ms. Baxter... There's some noise in the hallway. Would you mind closing the door?" Hargrove had a cool but professional smile on her face. "I think it would be best if we had a private chat."

Bridget recomposed herself, then closed the door. Then she turned to Hargrove. "How do you know who I am?"

Hargrove gestured to a chair across from her desk. "Please, have a seat."

Bridget hesitated, then sat down.

"Bridget Baxter, the intrepid reporter," Hargrove mused. "I've been following your work for years. You get stories that most reporters would die for... and no one knows how."

Bridget found this woman's smile unsettling.

"You get an inside scoop about corruption in some big factory or major facility... and no one questions how. But by some coincidence, which most people don't seem to catch on to, the workers of that factory or facility usually find one of their coworkers, typically young, female, about your size - tied up in a closet, stripped to her underwear... not long before your story is published."

Bridget bit her lip. "I..."

"It's your favorite tactic, isn't it? Uniform stealing. It's the perfect means for a reporter to get places she would otherwise be barred from. I'm willing to bet it's what cost you your job at your newspaper a few months ago, isn't it?"

Bridget's eyes widened.

"As I said, darling, I've been following your exploits for a while... In fact, you might say they were an inspiration for me. I built my campaign on fighting uniform stealing, and you're one of the most prolific uniform thieves in the city."

Bridget wanted to protest this accusation... but she wasn't sure if it was actually false.

"I figured you'd want to interview me at some point, considering the crux of my campaign... And knowing how reporters love getting their news fresh, I figured you'd want to do it on Election Night. I tried to make it easier for you - I purposely stationed a lone female security guard at the rear of the building, and I selected a woman who was pretty close to your height and build."

She paused. "How is Brianne, by the way? I trust you didn't harm her too badly?"

"Er... no. I just used a quick neck pinch to put her to sleep."

"Very good," Hargrove smiled. She reached into her drawer and pulled out a bottle of brandy. "Would you care for a drink?"

Bridget shook her head. She still didn't know where this conversation was leading.

Hargrove poured herself a cup. "You're a fascinating woman, Ms. Baxter... You don't appear to be a cruel person, yet you engage in cruelty on a regular basis."

"I do not," Bridget responded impulsively.

"My dear... You constantly attack innocent women. Strip them of their clothing, tie them up and stuff them in a closet." Hargrove's tone remained cool as ever. "You're not exactly an angel, no matter how 'gentle' you try to be."

Bridget felt herself getting angry. "What do you want?" she asked. "Are you going to have me arrested?"

"Ms. Baxter, if I wanted you led away in handcuffs, I'd have already had the police waiting in my office," Hargrove replied. "No, I wanted to talk to you so I could make you... an offer."

Bridget's eyebrows raised. "An offer?"

"A job offer," Hargrove clarified. "You're clearly a very tough and resourceful woman, Ms. Baxter. And you understand how uniform thieves work, being so adept at the practice yourself.

"What I am offering you is a position in my mayoral administration, as head of my security team. When I am in office, I plan to crack down on uniform thieves everywhere. And to do so, I need a team of women capable enough to fight the scourge of these criminals head on. Women who can think like these criminals, to know how they operate. In short, I need women like you."

"You... want me to be a security guard?" Bridget asked.

"In a manner of speaking," Hargrove nodded. "You're clearly familiar with wearing the uniform... Including right now."

Bridget looked down at her uniform, then back up at Hargrove.

"What do you say, Ms. Baxter?" Hargrove asked. "Care to join me... in the fight to end uniform stealing forever?"

At that moment, the sound of loud cheering erupted from down the hall.

A broad grin spread across Hargrove's face. She switched on the radio at her desk.

"...at this point, we can confirm that Delilah Hargrove has won the election! She will be the next mayor of the city..."

Hargrove clapped her hands. "Victory!" she smiled. Then she eyed Bridget. "This should make your choice rather simple, Ms. Baxter. Are you with us?"

Bridget took a moment to absorb these words, and the new turn of events.

Then she spoke. "No."

Hargrove frowned. "No?"

"No," Bridget repeated. "I won't join you. I love being a reporter. I love getting to the truth of things. And even if it involves taking some... unusual steps to attain the truth, I don't plan to stop."

Hargrove frowned. "I don't think you understand, Bridget. This is a one-time offer."

Bridget got to her feet. "Are you going to arrest me now?"

Hargrove stared at her for several seconds.

Then she sat back. "You're free to go," she said. "For now. As I said before, I love your journalism. But be warned, if you continue to mug women for their clothes once I take office, I won't hesitate to have you locked up."

"Good luck with that," Bridget replied. "It'll be your word against mine."

She strode to the door and opened it.

Then she turned back to the councilwoman. "Hey, Ms. Mayor... I think your adoring public is calling for you."

She disappeared out the door.

Moments later, Zephyr appeared in the doorway.

"Boss, you won! We did it! Come on, the cameras are waiting to hear your speech!"

Hargrove sat quietly for several seconds. Then she nodded and gave a small smile.

"Of course, dear. Let's go greet the people."

Felicia walked through the park, still deep in thought.

She was happy to have talked with Ellen. Happy to have eased her conscience. Yet Ellen had been far from the only woman that Felicia had mugged for her clothes. She had done so to dozens of women, many of them innocent civilians. And she could never apologize to all of them...

"Hey!" a voice called to her.

Felicia turned and was surprised to see a hot dog vendor, positioned beside her stand, waving at her. A college-aged girl with light pink hair, dressed in a red-white pinstripe uniform, red skirt, white sneakers and apron.

It took a moment for Felicia to recognize this girl as the one she had rescued from the USBs the previous week.

The hot dog vendor beckoned to her. Felicia approached.

"I was wondering if I'd see you again," the vendor said. "I'm still thankful for you for saving me from those horrible women... Here, you deserve a free hot dog."

Felicia smiled, but shook her head. "Thanks, but... I'm trying to watch my weight."

"You look pretty fit," the vendor said. "Guess that explains how you were able to take down those USBs so easily."

Felicia nodded. She felt a bit uncomfortable in the spotlight like this, even when being praised.

"I never got your name," the vendor said.

"Oh... I'm Felicia."

The vendor smiled. "Nice to meet ya. I'm Leah."

She looked around. "I gotta be honest... I was really scared when it happened. I was minding my business when some girl jogged up to my stand and asked for a hot dog. She seemed so nice and polite... But the moment I turned my back on her, she forced a chloroform pad over my face... When I woke up, I was tied to a tree, stripped to my underwear, along with some other woman... If you hadn't rescued me, I'd have panicked..."

She sighed. "It's a scary world, you know? Especially for women in uniform... That's why we need more women like you."

Felicia blushed. "I was just... doing what was right."

"Well, most people wouldn't do what was right," Leah replied. "The first time I was mugged for my uniform, I was stuck there for hours."

Felicia looked surprised. "You were mugged for the hot dog uniform before?"

"Not exactly," Leah said. "Before I was a hot dog vendor, I spent a few months working around the park as an ice cream truck driver. It was an easy gig. Then one night, some woman attacked me - injected me with a knockout drug. She stole my uniform, tied me up and stuffed me in a cabinet of the truck." She winced. "I had back pain for a while after that..."

"Someone mugged you... for an ice cream truck uniform?" Felicia asked incredulously.

Leah nodded. "I know... Insane, right? After that, I couldn't even look at an ice cream cone anymore... I quit the job and started selling hot dogs instead. Figured it would be less stressful... and it was, until last week."

Felicia nodded. "I just don't know why anyone would want to steal an ice cream uniform... It seems so ridiculous... No offense."

"None taken," Leah laughed. "And I agree, it's ridiculous. I never saw the woman's face, but I remember the words she whispered in my ear when she knocked me out."

Felicia raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yeah... She said, 'Sorry, babe... I have a meeting with Bobby.' That was all I heard before everything went dark." Leah shook her head. "No idea who 'Bobby' is... Maybe her boyfriend? He must really like ice cream..."

Felicia paused, then sighed.

"I don't think that 'Bobbi' was a man."

Leah raised an eyebrow. "How would you know?"

"Look, I gotta go," Felicia said. "Good luck to you, okay? No matter what food you're serving."

She hurried off, leaving a perplexed Leah behind.

Bridget wandered down the dark street, feeling angry and shaken.

Her meeting with Hargrove had not gone well... but she refused to let the woman get under her skin. She was not one who fazed easily.

Bridget glanced down at her clothes, and noticed she was still wearing the uniform she'd stolen from Brianne the security guard. She had been in such a hurry to get away from Hargrove's offices that she had forgotten to retrieve her own clothes.

Too late to go back now...

Bridget felt uncomfortable walking around in such a conspicuous uniform. She would probably need to find some new clothes... but there was no one else around.

Bridget was pondering her next move as she walked past an alleyway, and didn't see the blur of movement from within.

The next moment, a hand suddenly clamped over Bridget's mouth. Her eyes widened in shock as she was yanked into the alley.

Before Bridget knew what was happening, her assailant had put her in a sleeper hold.

"You're just my size, honey," the young woman said menacingly. She was a light-skinned girl with shoulder-length brown hair, dressed in a white shirt, dark blue slacks, and black shoes. "And I need that uniform."

Bridget couldn't believe what she was hearing. This woman had mistaken her for a real security guard... and was now trying to mug her for a disguise?

"Nothing personal, dear," the girl continued. "There's an inside scoop to be found at that upcoming exhibit in the history museum... and I'm gonna be the first reporter to get it!"

Bridget's eyebrows raised at hearing this. She was being mugged by a fellow reporter - a woman who wanted a story.

Still, Bridget could tell that this girl was new to the whole "mug women for their uniforms" business. The sleeper hold was weak and amateurish, and was taking a while to do its work. Besides, the girl was talking far too much - presumably to calm her own nerves.

Bridget wasn't interested in being mugged for her clothes, of course. She reached over her shoulder and grasped the lower neck of her assailant, applying pressure with two fingers.

"Hey, what... Let go of... Uuuugghhhh..." The brunette was caught off-guard, and her grip on Bridget loosened. She was unconscious in a matter of moments.

Bridget turned and caught the girl, easing her to the ground.

She quickly searched the girl's pockets and checked her credentials. Indeed, she was a reporter, named Tandy. Apparently she was a new hire at Bridget's old paper - the one she'd been fired from a few months back.

Bridget glanced at the unconscious Tandy, and observed that yes, they were just about the same size.

The opportunity was too good to pass up. Both to get some new clothes and to teach Tandy a key life lesson.

She bent down and grabbed Tandy by the underarms, then dragged her deeper into the alley.

Minutes later, Tandy stirred, then slowly awoke. She was in a seated position. Groggily, she looked around, trying to recall what had happened.

She noticed, almost immediately, that her clothes were gone - she was stripped to her aqua-blue T-shirt bra and tangerine hipsters. Startled, she tried to move - only to discover that her wrists and ankles were bound with black twine. A thick blue cloth had been tied over her mouth.

"Hmmmpphh? Mmmmpphhh??"

Tandy struggled, trying to free herself. She was scared, she was confused, she was...

"Shh... It's okay, honey... Calm down."

Tandy looked up towards the sound of the soothing voice. Standing before her, she saw the "security guard" she had tried to mug a few minutes ago. Except now, that woman was dressed in Tandy's clothes.

"Keep calm," Bridget said softly. "I'm sorry about stealing your clothes... though I suppose it was no more than you'd planned to do to me."

She knelt down beside Tandy, who impulsively shrank back in fear.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Bridget said. "I just needed your clothes... and I wanted to talk with you."

Tandy eyed her in trepidation.

"You're a reporter, aren't you?" Bridget asked. There was no hint of menace in her voice, only curiosity.

Tandy nodded.

"And you say you wanted a security uniform to infiltrate the museum... Is that right?"

Tandy nodded again.

Bridget paused. "Have you ever stolen another woman's uniform before?"

Tandy paused. Then she shook her head.

Bridget smiled sympathetically. "Your first time... Congratulations, dear. I'm sorry it turned out this way. A bit of bad luck."

Tandy stared at Bridget.

"As you've probably guessed," Bridget continued, "I'm not a real security guard. I'm a reporter... just like you. I stole that security uniform from another woman, earlier tonight. I've stolen a lot of uniforms over the ten years I've worked as a journalist. Disguises are kind of my specialty... and since I can't carry around a full wardrobe with me, I usually have to 'liberate' the disguises from other women."

Tandy kept silent.

"I can tell you're young," Bridget continued. "And a little inexperienced. I'm sorry your first uniform theft didn't go the way you'd hoped. But I want to tell you... Don't give up.

"There will be other opportunities for you to hone your skills, to grow more efficient at mugging women for their uniforms. It will be difficult. And it's only going to get more difficult, with a growing movement trying to stop us. But we can't give up. As reporters, we have a duty to get the truth - and sometimes, that requires us to adopt new disguises and identities. That's just part of our job.

"We just need to be careful - and of course, be gentle and sympathetic to the women we're mugging. After all, they're just doing their jobs too. It's just that sometimes, our jobs take priority over theirs - and their uniforms need to become ours, at least temporarily."

She put a hand on Tandy's cheek. "Promise me," she said. "Promise me you'll practice to become a better and more responsible uniform thief. Promise me you won't harm the women you mug more than necessary. Promise me you'll honor your commitment to the truth above all else. Do you promise?"

Tandy stared at Bridget for several long seconds. Then, slowly, she nodded.

Bridget leaned forward and kissed Tandy on the forehead.

"Thank you, Tandy," she said. "And thank you for your clothing. I left some slack in the ropes that are binding you... If you are patient and careful, you should be able to free yourself within the hour. I've also left the security guard uniform, folded nearby... If you want to wear it, be my guest. I don't know if it quite matches the uniforms worn by museum security, but it could be close."

Bridget stood up. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Tandy," she said. "I needed someone to talk to - someone who understands - and you're just that person. Have a good night... and good luck to your career."

She turned and walked back down the alley. Tandy watched her go, a fascinated look on her face.

Bridget stepped out of the alley and continued down the sidewalk. Already, she was thinking up ideas for her next story.

There was always another story to investigate, and more disguises to steal in pursuit of it. Bridget didn't plan to change that anytime soon.

Felicia looked upward, watching as a star flashed across the night sky.

She had found her favorite grassy hill on the quiet side of the park, a good area for contemplation. She was lying there now, peacefully watching the stars twinkle above.

It was a beautiful night, one which she wished could go on forever. She would certainly appreciate it while it was there.

"Hey," a voice said from behind.

Felicia glanced up. Approaching the hill was Bobbi, an uncertain look on her face.

Felicia gave her a smile. "Hey." She gestured beside her. "Care to sit?"

Bobbi moved closer and sat down on the grass, a few feet away from Felicia.

"I got your messages," she said, almost cautiously.

Felicia nodded. "Thanks for coming."

"I... haven't been to this park in a while," Bobbi admitted. "The last time I was here, I..."

Her voice trailed off.

"...got some ice cream?" Felicia finished.

Bobbi looked at her in surprise. "How did you know--?"

"I was just talking to one of the park vendors," Felicia replied. "Nice girl... She worked the ice cream truck last year, and got mugged for her trouble."

Bobbi winced. "I know... I felt bad for her," she said. "Zuhal seemed to enjoy mugging her for her uniform, but... I just thought it was kind of cruel."

Felicia nodded.

"She just... wanted to wear every time of uniform, you know? Every position, every occupation... She just wanted to mug everyone. Found it thrilling. She was so fascinated by the world of women in uniform."

Bobbi sighed. "She... may not have been a moral or upstanding woman. But she was a friend. And I learned a lot from her..."

Felicia nodded, again. "I'm sorry."

Bobbi wiped a tear from her eye. "I know... you don't think I'm an upstanding woman either... That I mug women for their uniforms because I'm evil."

"I don't think that," Felicia replied.

"Feels like you do."

Felicia bit her lip.

Bobbi looked up at the sky. "You know... I sometimes wonder how my life would have turned out... if you hadn't introduced me to your world."

"My... world?"

"You know... infiltrations, undercover investigations, uniform stealing... Without all that, I'd probably still be that geeky girl I was in college. You really opened my eyes by showing me all that..."

Felicia let out a wry chuckle. "I never guessed."

Bobbi glanced at her. "Do you regret it? Introducing me to that world, I mean."

"I... no," Felicia answered quickly. "I'm... glad you found your inner strength and self-confidence, Bobbi. I just... wish you wouldn't express it by hurting other women."

Bobbi sighed. "After the last few months, I think I've had my fill of uniform stealing for a while," she said. "Except for the clothes I'm wearing now... but the women I mugged really deserved it."

Felicia looked surprised for a moment. "Were they... USBs?"

Bobbi nodded. "How'd you know?"

"Had an unfortunate run-in with a couple of them myself last week," Felicia said scornfully. "Crazy young women... attacking people for the thrill of it."

Bobbi nodded. "I hate them."

Felicia raised an eyebrow. "Really? Does that mean you're... done with uniform stealing?"

Bobbi laughed. "I doubt I'll ever be 'done' with it, Felicia... It's who I am. It's helped me discover my identity like nothing else in my life." She lay back on the grass. "I may take a break now and then, but I doubt I'll ever truly stop."

Felicia sighed. "And I'll never do it again. I'm done with that world, and I'll never return."

Bobbi nodded. "I can respect your choice."

Felicia paused. "And I... respect yours."

They lay there for several moments, in continued silence.

Then Felicia spoke again. "So... did you hear about the new election results?"

Bobbi nodded. "Bridget texted me right before I entered the park... That anti-uniform stealing crusader won."

"Do you think she'll succeed?" Felicia asked. "At destroying uniform stealing, I mean?"

Bobbi shook her head. "Of course not. Uniform stealing is not something that just goes away. It's much bigger than just one woman. It's part of the fabric of society, and it's going to stay there. No politician can change that."

Felicia contemplated Bobbi's words.

"You don't agree?" Bobbi asked.

"I mean... I don't know how to argue that," Felicia admitted. "I guess only time will tell."

She glanced up at the sky again, and her eyebrows suddenly raised. "What the--?"

"What is it?" Bobbi asked.

Felicia pointed. "That star... It wasn't there a minute ago."

Bobbi squinted, looking up at one star that appeared a little brighter than some of the others in the sky surrounding it. "What do you mean? How can you..."

"I've looked up at the sky a thousand times," Felicia said. She fumbled in her bag for her phone. "I've never seen that star before. And that may be because... it's not a star..."

She quickly snapped a picture of the sky. Then she zoomed into the photo.

"Where is it?" she said breathlessly, looking up. "It was there a moment ago..."

Bobbi stared at the picture as well.

Felicia stared at Bobbi. "I know you'll think I'm crazy, but... I think that was a UFO."

Bobbi looked up at Felicia, then thought for a moment. "You... might be right."

Felicia smiled.

She lay back on the grass. "Now that's progress... If I can convince you, maybe I've got something."

Bobbi lay down beside her, staring up at the night sky again. "Hey, you never know."

The two friends continued to lie there for a while afterwards, watching the occasional shooting star flicker across the sky. Every so often, Felicia would glance at the empty space where she had spotted the mysterious star. At some point, she stopped fixating on it, at least for that night. It was no longer there, and neither she nor Bobbi could explain where it went, or if it had ever truly been there in the first place.

THE END

-----------

And so concludes the "Spacesuit" saga. When I started posting the first story way back in June 2017, I imagined it as a fairly basic standalone story with a handful of characters. I had no idea that it would eventually grow to encompass seven volumes and multiple short "spin-off" stories, featuring dozens of characters, hundreds of uniform steals, and a multitude of arcs and storylines. I never expected that it would carve out its own miniature corner within the USB universe.

Writing this saga has been fun, challenging, and at times exhausting. There were stretches when I felt downright ready to give up, that I worried the story had become too complex to continue. I had originally planned to conclude the series after five volumes, but my continued fascination with Bridget, Felicia, Bobbi, and all their friends and enemies kept me going. Still, all stories need to conclude eventually, and I'd rather finish here rather than risk it running on forever.

A hearty "thank you" to all the people who commented on my reviews over the years and provided constructive feedback to keep me going. A special shout-out to Rufusluciusivan, who encouraged me to push forward early on (and who helped turn Ashley from a one-off security guard into one of the most popular and layered characters in the series), and Esercito Sconfitto, who has helped support my stories for years, often providing them with colorful illustrations. Thanks as well to Meditions, Trackman, and everyone else who read these stories provided commentary and feedback over the past seven years; I couldn't have done it without you.

This has been a thrilling ride from start to finish, and I doubt I'll ever craft any saga that rivals it in scope again. Hope you all enjoyed reading as much I enjoyed writing.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. It's been an honor.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Wonderful Epilogue!

While everything was fun, as you could probably assume, I loved the entire scene with Brianne the guard. As you know I love the nerve pinch and particular like the continuing story of Bridget working hard on perfect it. Which of course she has done at this point.

Love that Bridget uses the old "look behind you" trick on Brianne. Great "dumb guard" scene of Brianne falling for it. The description of the scene is so perfect. "Ah, there he is!" Bridget pointed past the guard’s shoulder. The guard turned automatically. "Where? I… Ohhh…" Her eyes widened in shock as Bridget gripped the spot just above her shoulder and squeezed. The guard’s limbs went rubbery, and her eyes fluttered closed. With a groan, she sank backwards into Bridget’s arms."Sorry," Bridget whispered into the woman's ear as she dragged her away from the door."

We then get the extra fun concept that Hargrove intentionally placed Brianne on guard duty so she would be taken out and have her uniform stolen. Love the little discussion between Bridget and Hargrove. "I tried to make it easier for you - I purposely stationed a lone female security guard at the rear of the building, and I selected a woman who was pretty close to your height and build." She paused. "How is Brianne, by the way? I trust you didn't harm her too badly?" "Er... no. I just used a quick neck pinch to put her to sleep." "Very good," Hargrove smiled."

Poor Brianne. She was intentionally set up by her boss. It is funny too the way Hargrove at least has a passing interest in if Bridget had hurt Brianne in the process of knocking her out.

Such a fun scene.
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

:D Fantastic series, Loved every moment of it. You did a great job!!! :D
Disguisedagent

Post by Disguisedagent »

What a fantastic ending to a true uniform stealing epic!

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”