Scenes that seem like a set up for a uniform steal but aren't

Announcements & General Discussion
nn1616

Re: Scenes that seem like a set up for a uniform steal but aren't

Post by nn1616 »

Stormtrooper1990 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am It makes you wonder why they bothered with the scene in the first place. I know that in China, they have very strict censorship rules. They are very finicky when it comes to nudity, male or female. Even underwear they are nervous about.

The director, probably didn't want raise the ire of the communist party.
Haha, I agree with you very much, but when I talked about this with my friend who works in Chinese government agencies, he told me that China's censorship system is very backward, and there is no reasonable control as in advanced countries. This is related to the fact that Chinese people are very afraid to touch the principles when formulating policies. To make an inappropriate analogy, the Communist Party, government agencies and citizens are a hamburger, and government agencies are sandwiched between the two. If the society has a bad impact because of improper governance, the Communist Party that formulates the principles will not be questioned first, but the government agencies that act as functional departments will be punished and criticized, So if there is no ambitious politician to guide the work or a decision made by the National People's Congress with strong public voice, the normally functioning administrative system will remain unchanged. As my Chinese friend, who belongs to the Communist Party, told me: Even though China has released a large industrial film, their government agencies still use the working methods and thinking of the 1980s (except for some advanced pilot projects, but these belong to the so-called "positive values"). Of course, I am an outsider, and USB is also a non-political community. All these are my humble opinions, As a Laowai who has lived in China for many years, the reason for my voice is just to say: China is not an anti-modernization country, but their government is really cautious and conservative in some aspects. However, it is undeniable that when the time is ripe, the CPC may be obedient to the hearts of the people. :lol:
Stormtrooper1990

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

I never knew that, thanks for the insight nn1616.

I understand why so many Chinese, demonstrate, particular those in Hong Kong, but ultimately they never succeed.
Disguisedagent

Post by Disguisedagent »

Stormtrooper1990 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:14 am
Disguisedagent wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:37 pm Episode 3 of Interview With the Vampire has a scene where the female lead shows up in a stylish new outfit, and mentions that she jumped a flapper out behind a speakeasy for it. Offscreen sadly.

I could write up a story, a kind of deleted scene if you like. Of how Claudia got her dress.
Thank you, but I'm not into kill scenes, I just posted it here since it fit the topic.
Stormtrooper1990

That's ok no worries. But it is an interesting topic.Thanks for sharing it.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Here's a scene that could easily be made into a full on USB scene.

In this clip WWE diva Ava Raine handgags a woman called Thea Hail while she's in the locker room and quickly pulls her off screen.

What I like most about this scene is the way it all happens and the way the third woman in the room (Tiffany Stratton) doesn't even realize that Thea was moaning loudly as she got pulled away.

https://youtu.be/NG_8BMeKztw

Starts at roughly 1:20 for those who don't want to watch the whole clip.
Stormtrooper1990

I remember watching the remake to I Spit on your Grave(2013), there a few scenes of scenes in which I think perhaps could have been good clothing steals.

The first is when our unfortunate Heroine is left for dead, naked after her horrific ordeal. You see her floating down the creek, naked she manages to crawl onto the bank. In the next shot you see from somewhere(or someone) she as found clothes.

The second is when she snares one of the men who raped her, dressed in a denim miniskirt, and black tank top and heels. The interesting thing is that we see a brunette with the same outfit, and the heroines hair colour, talking to the man at the start of the movie. She is known to him. The heroine could have easily remembered the girl, got rid of her, takes her clothes and fools the guy.

The third is when the heroine poses as a teacher for the corrupt sheriff's daughter, she even had the woman's credentials to fool the sheriffs wife to opening the door. My thought are that she intercepts the real woman, gets her out of the way, takes her clothes, car and credentials. That way she also has a means of escaping town as she completes her revenge spree.

All possible scenes, they could have shown to develop the heroines character. And fun for us too, of course. ;)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

This was so close.....

In the video game "wo long: fallen dynasty" one of the players companions called "Hong Jing" wants to find out why her brother has sided with the tyrant "Dong Zhuo", anyway part way through a quest her master informs you that she has sneaked into the fort alone and she wants to infiltrate the enemies ranks to get close to her brother, before asking you to go and find her.

In the next scene she's disguised as one of the dancers performing for Dong Zhuo and when he asks her for her name as he likes the looks of her, she simply replies that her name is "Diao Chan". Since none of the other dancers respond to this, and no other proof was found even when the players character is getting into the fort themselves, I genuinely thought this was an off screen mugging of where Hong Jing overpowered and stole the clothes from one of the dancers to join them on stage.

Then the bad news came.......

After this main quest, one of Hong Jings side quests has her accompanying you back to the fort as she was scared the dancers didn't get out in time when demons attacked. Anyway, to cut a long story short, during this quest she states that at the time, she managed to persuade the other dancers to help her gain entry into the fort, to which the other dancers gave her a spare costume and an fake name to help her blend in.

Sigh........ They could have at least left is an off screen mugging :roll: :lol:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

There was some discussion about Smallville on one of the Clips threads, which reminded me of a scene from the episode "Exposed" in Season 5.

Lois Lane and Chloe Sullivan are trying to infiltrate a stripper club. The guard at the front door refuses them entry, and they walk away disappointed. Then they notice a pair of costumed women - employees at the club, who look about their size - standing and chatting in an alley. Lois and Chloe exchange a glance and walk towards the women.

It seems like the scene would then cut to them wearing the stolen outfits... but instead, they just follow the two women through a rear door of the club, at which point Lois finds a manager and convinces him she's a new employee. No USB scene at all.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Update: here's the Smallville scene I referenced. I remember watching it years ago and thinking it was setting up a USB scene... but no luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQpdToVyR68
Void99

Post by Void99 »

Stormtrooper1990 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:24 pm I remember watching the remake to I Spit on your Grave(2013), there a few scenes of scenes in which I think perhaps could have been good clothing steals.

The first is when our unfortunate Heroine is left for dead, naked after her horrific ordeal. You see her floating down the creek, naked she manages to crawl onto the bank. In the next shot you see from somewhere(or someone) she as found clothes.

The second is when she snares one of the men who raped her, dressed in a denim miniskirt, and black tank top and heels. The interesting thing is that we see a brunette with the same outfit, and the heroines hair colour, talking to the man at the start of the movie. She is known to him. The heroine could have easily remembered the girl, got rid of her, takes her clothes and fools the guy.

The third is when the heroine poses as a teacher for the corrupt sheriff's daughter, she even had the woman's credentials to fool the sheriffs wife to opening the door. My thought are that she intercepts the real woman, gets her out of the way, takes her clothes, car and credentials. That way she also has a means of escaping town as she completes her revenge spree.

All possible scenes, they could have shown to develop the heroines character. And fun for us too, of course. ;)
Wow was that movie really 10 years ago?
Remember seeing that when it had just come out.
EDIT - Just read that it came out in 2010 ... it's 13 year old!!!! Where is the time going?
Never looked at a pair of garden shears the same after seeing that movie!

Return to “General Discussion”