Laddie Come Home ( 2008)

esercito sconfitto

Laddie Come Home ( 2008)

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Laddie Come Home

By Autolycus_7

Kathy Marshall stood in her kitchen singing a song from a movie, happy as could be, frying sausage on the stove.

She was wearing a blue blouse and green toreador pants that clung tightly to her hips and thighs. And she was barefoot, as she preferred to be.

The tall, redheaded war widow and mother of one was taking advantage of her time alone while her son Tommy, his grandfather, and their dog Laddie were out hunting and fishing for the day. She loved them, of course, but she was seldom allowed time for her own thoughts.

She opened the refrigerator that stood to the right of the stove and took out an onion, all the while singing, "Tangerine, she is all they say."

She was so involved in her thoughts and song that she didn't hear the barefoot footsteps on the porch. Slowly, muddy fingers appeared on the jam of the propped-open screen door and a dirty face peered around. Except for the mud and grime and the prison outfit, the woman looked like Kathy.

The convict searched around the porch for something hard and finally found a large soupbone that carried a dog's teeth marks. She could walk right in to the kitchen since the door was open but she was waiting for Kathy to turn her back.

Kathy cut the onion in half and opened the refrigerator door to put a half in. As she closed the door and turned away from the refigerator, her back was to the screen door. The convict rushed in, raised the soupbone, and struck Kathy with it hard on the back of the head.

Kathy fell straight back and lay unconscious on the floor. The convict stepped over her and turned off the stove. She smelled the food and was ravenously hungry. But she knew the guards and dogs were just a few minutes away and the most important thing was to switch identities with Kathy. She could finish the food later.

She found a large pot, placed it under the spigot, and filled it with water. While the tap was running, she stripped off her grey shirt and pants and let the dirty mess lie on the floor. Taking the pot, she walked to the back door, propped it open and poured the pot over her to wash away the mud from the swamp through which she had escaped. She wasn't worried about being seen because the house was so isolated. Finding a dish towel, she wiped herself dry. One major change was that rather than black her hair now appeared red like Kathy's.

Fairly clean, the naked convict walked over to the unconscious Kathy. She had been careful not touch Kathy and so soil what would soon be the convict's clothes. Now she could step over her, place her hands under Kathy's arms, and drag her into the living room.

In that room, which was to the right of the front door, there were tables with framed photographs and an heirloom chair dating from the Mckinley presidency. The convict lay Kathy in the center of the room and then stood, looking down on her in triumph. "You know, cuz, I was half prepared to just get here for food and money. I didn't know if you'd gotten fat. But, hey, you look just like me, just as when we were teenagers."

The convict knealt down next to Kathy and unbuttoned Kathy's blouse revealing her matching blue bra. Then she unzipped Kathy's pants. The convict had had some experience in unzipping the pants of men and women who were unconscious or dead. She'd found that with men and cowgirls whose pants had the zipper at the front, the pants tended to get stuck around the hips when being pulled down, especially with women. But with ladies pants like Kathy's that had the zipper at the side, the convict found that she could peel them down just like a bananna. She pulled down Kathy's pants with little effort, revealing matching blue panties with little bluebirds printed on them.

Having stripped Kathy naked, the convict stood up again. "Bet you didn't think when you got dressed this morning you'd be lying on your living room floor naked by 11. But I tell you this much, cuz. You're the most beautiful naked woman I've ever seen. 'Cause you look like me!"

She started to dress in Kathy's clothes and in doing so looked around the living room. There was a picture of a man in uniform around which a black ribbon was loosely hung. There were photos of an old man, a boy, and a collie. The convict bet she could fool them, at least for a while. If they caught on, she'd kill them, just like she was going to kill Kathy, only with the others she'd make it look like a household accident. Kathy she would drag to the swamp and make it look like she'd fallen and crushed her skull.

Dressed in Kathy's clothes, the convict went in the kitchen and returned gingerly holding her prison outfit in front of her. She hauled Kathy up into a sitting position and put the shirt on her. Letting her fall, she walked around and pulled on the pants. The shoes had been left in the swamp.

Once again, the convict knealt down next to Kathy. Rubbing her fingers in the dirt on the prison shirt, the convict smeared her soiled fingers on both of Kathy's cheeks. Then she rubbed both fingers on the shirt, and then ran her dirty hands through Kathy's hair.

The touching seemed to rouse Kathy. "O.K.," said the convict resignedly, finding the soupbone on the floor and grabbing Kathy by the collar of her shirt to drag her outside. "Let's finish this."

But as the convict dragged Kathy through the door, she heard voices and saw an old man, a boy, their guns in the air, and a dog running towards her. They'd evidently seen her on the porch. "Cr---!" she spat, letting Kathy slump against the porch railing. "And they got guns!"

"Ma!" the boy was shouting. "Police are in the woods!"

The sound of her son's voice and being let fall roused Kathy. She slowly opened her eyes and then quickly looked up at herself standing next to her and then down at what she was wearing. She grabbed onto the railing and pulled herself up, shouting "Tommy! Gramps! Collie"

Unable to stop Kathy, the convict turned and shouted, "Tommy! Gramps! Collie! She's an escaped convict. She's the one the police are looking for!"

"No, it's her," Kathy said, grabbing the railing with both hands to force herself to stand.

Tommy and Gramps were close enough to see two of Kathy standing on the porch. Tommy started to run forward, but Gramps grabbed him and yanked him back. "No, Tommy! Stay here." He pointed his rifle at the two women and said loudly, "Now I won't shoot to kill. But I'm an old man, so it would be smart of you to stand very still and raise your hands high--both of you--'cause I can't guarantee my aim will be true."

Seeing how his rifle shook, the convict raised her hands above her hands. Kathy did the same. But then she blurted out, "Gramps, I told you about my cousin Kris, who was sentenced to prison in Joliet for murder, how she looked like me!"

"I told you that, Gramps! I'm Kathy!" said the convict.

Suddenly, Laddie ran up to the porch and began to bark. "Laddie says he can tell which one is Ma," Tommy said. "He wants them both to come forward."

"Come on," Gramps said, gesturing with his rifle. Kathy and Kris stepped off the porch, their hands still raised, and walked forward.

Laddie started barking again. "He said to stop and for you," he pointed at Kathy, "to get down on your knees."

"Get down on my--"

"Just do it!" Gramps ordered.

Kathy knealt down. Laddie went up to her, placed his forward paws on her shoulder and started to lick the left side of her head. "Ouch! Ouch!" Kathy shouted.

"He's found the bumps where you were hit!" Tommy said.

Laddie then took his paws off Kathy's shoulder, got down on all fours, and stated to sniff her breasts. Then he sneezed.

"Ma! Laddie sneezed. He's smelling your lavender bath power. Remember how that always made him sneeze."

"That's right!" Kathy said, remembering, smiling.

"Then you're Kathy!" Gramps said, gesturing at the woman in prison attire.

Seeing she had been found out, Kris screamed, reached for a rock on the ground, and ran toward Kathy with it. Gramps fumbled with his gun, but Laddie leapt onto Kris, knocked her to the ground, jumped on her chest, and with one bite severed her jugular.

Kathy winched, seeing someone killed, especially someone who looked like her. Tommy, however, ran up and looked down at the corpse, smiling. She'd tried to kill his mother, after all. And besides, this was the third time he'd seen Laddie kill someone to protect his family.

Tommy then turned to help his mother up. Gramps ran to help too. She smilled, panting, the left side of her hair slicked down from the moisture of Laddie's tongue.

Laddie did not run over to Kathy but instead walked to the bucket on the ground and lapped up water. "What's Laddie doing?" Kathy asked.

"He's rinsing the blood from his mouth," Tommy said helpfully. Kathy winched again.

They could hear dogs barking and police sirens. "You better get in the house, Kathy. If they see you in those clothes, they'll kill you sure," Gramps said.

But Laddie's rinsing of his mouth wasn't just a matter of hygine. He was ahead of them as he unbuttoned the dead woman's blouse with her teeth and unzipped her pants on the side.

Kathy saw what the dog was doing. While grateful, she reached down and turned Tommy around. "Look over toward me, Tommy," she said. "You too, Gramps!" The old man snorted and reluctantly turned toward Kathy. Laddie had flipped Kris over onto her belly, unfastened the bra with his teeth, and yanked it off. Holding both the blouse and bra in his teeth, Laddie brought them to Kathy and then went back for the pants and panties.

"Thank you, Laddie," Kathy said, and anxiously began to unbutton the prison blouse. But sensing Tommy and Gramps looking at her, she said, "Hands over your eyes. Both of you." Gramps snorted again, but he and Tommy did what they were told to do.

Laddie returned with the pants and panties and obediently folded both front paws over his eyes. Kathy laughed, "Oh, Laddie, I don't think I have to worry about you!" she said, removing the shirt and exposing her breasts.

Again obediently, Laddie removed his paws from his eyes and stared at Kathy. "On second thought," she said slowly, "why don't put these prison clothes on her before the police get here and stay there until I call you."

Laddie took the pants, brought them over to Kris' corpse, and started to pull them up her legs.

Return to “Stories by Autolycus”