The Real Eva Grubb Story

esercito sconfitto

The Real Eva Grubb Story

Post by esercito sconfitto »

The Real Eva Grubb Story--

The Real Eva Grubb Story

By Autolycus_7

The general thinking is that Eva Grubb was Ginger Grant’s evil twin. But that’s not the real story.

It is true that Eva Grubb came in her own boat to Gilligan’s Island, thinking she was plain, hoping to flee from the world and all the heartache it had brought her. Eva wore glasses, had her hair tied in the back in a bun, and dressed in a long skirt, clodhopper shoes, and a white shirt buttoned at the collar. It is also true that Ginger Grant, the famous movie star, and her friends Mary Ann Summers and Mrs. Thurston Howell III used makeup on Eva, dressed her in Ginger’s clothes, and showed her that she was beautiful. Not only was Eva beautiful, she was, with makeup at least, Ginger’s exact double. The only difference was when Eva spoke her tone was a half an octave lower than Ginger's high-pitched, breathy voice.

When Ginger saw that Eva was her lookalike, she formed a plan in her mind.

Eva agreed to leave the island with the castaways. They had a party that night, and the next day, contrary to what most people have heard, they left the island in Eva's boat. Ginger was very attentive to Eva, much to the chagrin of Mary Anne, with whom Ginger had been close, even intimate, during their five years rooming together on the island.

Ginger told Eva that she wanted her to stay with her when Ginger returned to Hollywood. The only request Ginger made was that Eva not dress like Ginger so much since Ginger would be trying to re-establish her career. Eva, so thankful for Ginger’s attention, readily agreed. And so when the castaways' boat docked in Honolulu and the photographers started snapping their pictures, Eva was wearing her glasses, no makeup, and had her hair tied in a bun in the back.

After the group arrive in Honolulu, Mary Anne returned to Kansas, the rest of the castaways scattered throughout the country, and Ginger and Eva flew to Hollywood. Eva stayed in a luxurious hotel with Ginger, and Ginger took Eva to parties and premieres. The studio cast Ginger in a new film, and people thought that the young woman with Ginger was her assistant.

Not that Eva was as plain as she had been. Ginger took her to have her hair done, bought her Kenneth Cole designer glasses, a silk blue shirt, Brooks Brothers slacks rather than that unflattering skirt, and designer slipon shoes. In heels, Ginger was a little taller than Eva.

At the end of Eva’s first week in Hollywood, the two of them returned from the premiere of the new film The Valachi Papers starring Charles Bronson.

“Did you have a good time?”

“I had a wonderful time!” Eva said, beaming. “You’re so good to me.”

“That’s easy,” Ginger said, walking up to Eva and touching her hair. “You’re beautiful. Even without makeup. Do what I’d like?”

“What?”

“To make love to myself.” Ginger leaned into Eva and kissed her full on the lips. At first Eva kissed back but then pulled away.

“Ginger, I can’t—. I’m—not ready.”

“That’s ok, honey,” Ginger said, smiling. “It was just an idea. No harm done. If you ever change your mind—well, I’m in the room across from you. Okay?”

Eva smiled back, relieved. “Okay.”

“And—.” Ginger took a bottle of champagne that had been chilling in a bucket of ice. “Let’s have a toast to your first week in Hollywood.” Ginger poured the bubbly into two glasses. Eva did not, however, see Ginger take a folded piece of paper she had hidden in her hand and pour its powdery contents into Eva’s glass.

“Here’s to your first week,” Ginger said, raising her glass. Eva grinned, raised her glass, and drank. Almost immediately, Eva’s eyes began to cloud. Her legs grew wobbly and she collapsed onto the plush white carpeted floor.

Ginger finished her champagne and put her glass on the coffee table. Then she looked down at Eva. “It would have been more fun my way, but--.” Ginger pulled the straps of her black evening gown off, the gown dropped to the floor, and Ginger stood there completely naked. She removed her earrings and necklaces and placed them on the coffee table

She knealt down next to Eva, reached to her face, removed Eva’s glasses, and put them on the table. Then she unbuttoned Eva’s blouse and pulled it off her, returning to unsnap Eva's bra and remove it too. Ginger admired Eva's round, firm breasts. "And these are your own, honey. Not a piece of plastic in 'em. Who'd have known it was possible" Ginger sighed, yanking off Eva's slacks, panties, and shoes.

Ginger reached for her purse on the floor and took out her lipstick, compact, and eyebrow pencil. "Now, just like we did on the island." After applying lipstick, rogue, and filling out Eva's eyebrows and loosening her hair from the bun, Ginger sat back on her heels, looked down at the sleeping Eva, and smiled. "There I am."

Dragging Eva into the bedroom, Ginger lay her spreadout on the king-size bed, naked. "Because everybody knows, Ginger Grant sleeps in the nude. It's in all the fan magazines. Mary Ann knows it. And even you saw it, Eva, in your week here."

Ginger gathered up Eva's clothes and went into the bathroom. She tied her hair in a bun in the back and, spreading cold cream on her face, removed all her makeup. Reaching into a drawer into the sink, Ginger took out a pair of glasses she had ordered along with Eva's--they were identical except that these had plain glass for lenses. She put the glasses on, dressed in Eva's clothes, and stared at the image in the mirror. "Hiya, Eva."

From the same drawer, she took out a revolver. It had washed up on shore along with a belt with eight extra cartridges. She had hidden them and asked the Professor hypothetical questions about how to clean something like that and had followed his instructions. During a thunder storm, she had fired the gun at a palm tree so that nature would disguise the sound, and the bullet imbedded itself deep within the trunk. She slid the gun into the pocket of Eva's pants.

Walking into the bedroom, Ginger heard Eva snoring in that low register of hers. She'd heard her through the door snoring the past week and thought it was kind of cute. But Ginger Grant did not snore, she said to herself, pushing Eva on the hip so that she rolled onto her side and the snoring stopped.

Ginger covered Eva with a sheet. "And now, if the maid comes in, room service, house detective, fire marshall, anyone, Ginger grant has an alibi. And it's Eva Grubb who will be seen leaving. I'll be right back, honey," Ginger said breathily as she left the bedroom.

Three miles away, Ginger parked her Ferrari in a shadowed space of the Sensible Substance Club from which there was music blaring. Ginger had been there the night before she had left on the cruise in 1964. Then it had been called the Kit Kat Club and the music playing had been from the band The Dave Clark 5. Now she could smell the marihuana and shuddered at the ear-split sounds that filled the air. Hollywood had gotten a little dirtier, a little meaner. But then so had Ginger.

It was just after two and true to his pattern, Alan Drake, forty-something actor and producer, left the club and walked to his car. Ginger stayed mostly in the shadows until he'd opened the door. Then she stepped forward.

"Mr. Drake?"

"Yes," he said, craninng to see. "Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Ginger Grant."

Drake squinted some more. "Oh, yeah, I've seen your picture in the paper. You're her secretary or something. What's she going to do, sue me?"

"No, Alan, I'm going to kill you," Ginger said, pointing the gun.

"Ginger?"

"You cheated on me, Alan. You broke my heart, then you got me thrown off the picture to cast your new squeeze. Then you lied about me so that I couldn't work again. It was because of you that my agent encouraged me to get on that boat--to lay low for a while. For six years I've been waiting to do this, Alan. I'm back, I'm as big as I was--I'm the shipwreck queen--and now all I need to do is this."

She fired three shots at his middle as the music blared. He fell back onto the asphalt and the car door slammed shut. Ginger walked over in Eva's low-heel shoes and grinned as he sputtered with blood on his lips. Then she aimed again--three shots in his head, just as she had seen done in the Valachi Papers.

Coming back to the hotel around 2:30, Ginger entered the room and quickly stripped off Eva's clothes. She took the gun, wiped it clean, and threw it under the couch so that it would look like it had fallen when Eva came in after shooting Alan.

Going straight into the bathroom, Ginger took off the glasses, loosened her hair, and applied her makeup, becoming Ginger again.

In the bedroom, Eva had not moved. Ginger pulled down the sheet and dragged Eva into the living room, getting her into a sitting position on the couch. Taking the cold cream from the bathroom, Ginger removed Eva's makeup. She tied Eva's hair in a bun, dressed her in her clothes, and, taking them from the coffee table, put Eva's glasses on her sleeping face.

Deciding that everything was ready, Ginger gently slapped Eva's face. "Honey, honey. Wake up, honey."

With difficulty, Eva's eyes opened. "What--what is it? What happened?"

"I don't know, honey. We had our toast, we went to bed, and then I heard you come in. Are you all right? Where did you go?"

"I--I--don't know. I don't remember. Did I go out?"

"You must have, honey? Do you remember anything?"

"No, just having the drink with you."

"Well--you must have had a bad reaction to the drink. That's all. No harm done. I know, why don't we sit here and watch tv until you fall back to sleep."

"O.K.--", Eva said yawning as Ginger put Eva's head on her bare shoulder. Within a minute, Eva was snoring, the drug still having its effect.

Ginger flicked the television on with the remote control. The 2 a.m. news reported the death of Alan Drake. The 3:30 news reported that it had been murder. The 4 a.m. news announced that the police were investigating.

Ginger was ready with her story when the police knocked on the door--she had awakened when Eva came in around 2:30--the same time the staff must have seen her entering the hotel. Yes, Eva had been drinking. No, she didn't know where she had gone. Yes, she had told Eva what Alan had done to her. Yes, Eva was very loyal.

At 5 a.m., the news reported that the police were pursuing the possibility that Alan Drake had been killed for gambling and drug debts. Then Ginger's phone began to ring. She braced herself that it was the police, but it was Hedda Hopper, famed gossip columnist. What did she know about Alan's death? Hopper asked. When Ginger told her she didn't know anything, Hopper told her everything: there had been no witnesses, and in addition to the mob and drug dealers, almost everyone in town had a reason to murder Alan.

After she's hung up the phone, Ginger thought a bit, listening to Eva snore. Then she stroked Eva's brow with one hand and unbuttoned Eva's blouse with the other so that she could rub Eva's breasts and belly. "Well, honey, it looks like we got away with it. Nobody saw you," she said, kissing Eva's hair. "And you know what that means? It means we can do it again. Oh, not right away. Maybe tomorrow, you'll give in and let me make love to myself, and we'll have two wonderful weeks. And then, we'll have another toast and this time you'll go after my ex-agent who stole almost a million dollars from me. And then, if you don't get caught, we'll try again. Maybe then we'll go after that Gilligan for shipwrecking me on that island."

Ginger kissed Eva's sleeping face, her cheeks and lips. "But it's only a matter of time before they catch you, honey. And when they do, I'll get you the best lawyer money can buy. And when they send you to prison, I'll visit you every week. Well, at least every other week."

You see, the common thinking was that Eva was Ginger's evil twin. But it was actually the other way around.
pass

Re: The Real Eva Grubb Story

Post by pass »

Great story, very nice!
themann56

Re: The Real Eva Grubb Story

Post by themann56 »

Liked it. Different and more novelle than most others, but I would have loved to hear or read about Mary Anne twist.

Return to “Stories by Autolycus”