Book Club

Announcements & General Discussion
Torreken

Book Club

Post by Torreken »

I just read "The Bridge Club" by Tafy0101 (apologies if the spelling is wrong) thanks to a new member's comment: it is a terrific story. I was surprised that I had not run into it before. On one hand, I have not much time available for long reads, on the other, I thought that I was more or less familiar with most of the authors here even if I had only read one or some of their works.
Therefore, I thought it would be great to hear other members' recommendations (you can be cheeky and recommend your own works :lol: ) and why you like/love that story.
I will start with two that are not very obvious:
-"Freeing Escobar" de Hawaiisun. It may not be everyone's cup of tea because there is a lot of non-consent sex scenes, but it is incredibly well written and very sexy.
-A blast from the past: "Huntress" by Lord Maul/ Count Phoenix. I could not find it in the forum, so it must be only available in DA? Anyway, the first scene is probably my all-time favorite.
Stormtrooper1990

Re: Book Club

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

I would like to recommend two of my own works which are actually connected stories and serve as an introduction to my recent series Ellana's Cultural Studies, which are ongoing and are a collaboration between myself and fellow board writer Arc

Firstly we have The Night Shift , which introduces the characters of Nikki Sanderson and Princess Ellana, a Zenobian shapeshifter with a penchant for stripping and replacing women. What I enjoyed most about writing this story is the character of Nikki. She is a young rookie security guard who is thrust into an amazing situation. that's way above her pay grade but she rises to the challenge. It gives the reader to experience uniform stealing through the eyes of an ordinary by stander. And it asks you this question; What would you do in that situation? It also as quite the twist in the end, which sets the scene nicely for Ellana's adventures.

Secondly, we have it's darker edgier twin A Late Check In. Here, we have Nikki thrust into another impossible situation this time a vicious vampire shapeshifter is stalking her hotel killing and stripping innocent women. Again she rises to the challenge. What I enjoyed most about this story is it explores how we would react if we found a stripped, naked corpse of a woman, drained of her blood. How would we respond in that situation? I also enjoyed the character of Charity who had two excellent fun steals with an unfortunate maid and a student who just happened to be her size. She herself was the woman that Nikki wanted to be; courageous, resourceful and dangerous. There was also the villian Genevieve the vampire. As a true horror fan, I love when a creature is in the shadows, seemingly too poweful to stop but in the end all it takes to defeat this evil is the stength of a seemingly meek woman who rises to the challenge and saves the day. I think that horror is an underused genre when it comes to uniform stealing and I hope that i can redress with this and my other horror stories. And did I mention it has one hell of a twist at the end.

I would to take this opportunity to thank my friend Arc for his valuable input during the conceptual planning for these stories. Without them, they wouldn't have been possible.

Well I won't spoil them for you. You will just have to read them and most importantly have fun reading them. ;)
hahaderen

Post by hahaderen »

I have to say, Torreken, it is your latest work that makes me have a strong desire to search more of your works (I saw the Chinese version of your works in pivix at that time)and luckily find this board. And then I found more excellent authors here, including Stormtrooper1990,JAEGERHUNDE01, and so on. I am here to express my sincere thanks to you, and to wish you all the best!
btw, I'm really looking forward to your new work haha(a little cheeky)
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

hahaderen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:33 pm I have to say, Torreken, it is your latest work that makes me have a strong desire to search more of your works (I saw the Chinese version of your works in pivix at that time)and luckily find this board. And then I found more excellent authors here, including Stormtrooper1990,JAEGERHUNDE01, and so on. I am here to express my sincere thanks to you, and to wish you all the best!
btw, I'm really looking forward to your new work haha(a little cheeky)
I have not upload anything to pivix, do you mean DeviantArt? Thanks a lot! I have a Word document with ideas for 4 new stories, unfortunately I have no time to write.
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

Stormtrooper1990 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:10 pm I would like to recommend two of my own works which are actually connected stories and serve as an introduction to my recent series Ellana's Cultural Studies, which are ongoing and are a collaboration between myself and fellow board writer Arc

Firstly we have The Night Shift , which introduces the characters of Nikki Sanderson and Princess Ellana, a Zenobian shapeshifter with a penchant for stripping and replacing women. What I enjoyed most about writing this story is the character of Nikki. She is a young rookie security guard who is thrust into an amazing situation. that's way above her pay grade but she rises to the challenge. It gives the reader to experience uniform stealing through the eyes of an ordinary by stander. And it asks you this question; What would you do in that situation? It also as quite the twist in the end, which sets the scene nicely for Ellana's adventures.

Secondly, we have it's darker edgier twin A Late Check In. Here, we have Nikki thrust into another impossible situation this time a vicious vampire shapeshifter is stalking her hotel killing and stripping innocent women. Again she rises to the challenge. What I enjoyed most about this story is it explores how we would react if we found a stripped, naked corpse of a woman, drained of her blood. How would we respond in that situation? I also enjoyed the character of Charity who had two excellent fun steals with an unfortunate maid and a student who just happened to be her size. She herself was the woman that Nikki wanted to be; courageous, resourceful and dangerous. There was also the villian Genevieve the vampire. As a true horror fan, I love when a creature is in the shadows, seemingly too poweful to stop but in the end all it takes to defeat this evil is the stength of a seemingly meek woman who rises to the challenge and saves the day. I think that horror is an underused genre when it comes to uniform stealing and I hope that i can redress with this and my other horror stories. And did I mention it has one hell of a twist at the end.

I would to take this opportunity to thank my friend Arc for his valuable input during the conceptual planning for these stories. Without them, they wouldn't have been possible.

Well I won't spoil them for you. You will just have to read them and most importantly have fun reading them. ;)
Thanks!
jaegerhunde01

Post by jaegerhunde01 »

Torreken. ....Thank you and glad you enjoyed it...cannot remember writing it...years ago

Storm 90 .....Keep up the good work...gets so busy sometimes I forget to comment

Ya'll have a nice day
Stormtrooper1990

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

I would like to recommend another two parter of mine. This one is set at the height of the Cold War.

It is called Betrayal on the Sands and it features young CIA Operative Harper Rasinski who is sent on a rescue mission to retrieve her mentor and one time lover Samantha Bruckner from Soviet Forces in war torn Afghanistan. The ordeal she goes through will destroy not only her faith in humanity but also her trust in those she thought had her back.

What I liked about this story is writing the dialogue between Harper and Samantha. How ultimately the ordeal with Samantha will lead Harper down a long dark road. But also fleshing Harper into a woman who is forever plagued by PTSD and how the psychology of uniform stealing was touched upon. How she turned from fresh recruit into hardened survivor.

This is only the start of Harper's journey as she becomes a founder of the Shadow Initiative. But I would definitely recommend it. I hope you enjoy it.

Return to “General Discussion”