Help Recalling an Old Scene

Announcements & General Discussion
tirepanted3

Re: Help Recalling an Old Scene

Post by tirepanted3 »

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:52 pm I believe that "our thing" starts in the '30s ... comic books, some movies .

Nothing prior to that date ;)

well, yes, there is "the goose girl " published in 1815 ( but it's an ancient fairy tale ) but the female-on-female "clothes stealing for disguise " as a proper trope exploded in the '70s everywhere in all the popular culture ( comic books, movie etc
I think the earliest available movie with a USB scene is "The Mechanical Man" from 1921, in which a woman steals a uniform from an unconscious nurse.

There are probably some earlier USB scenes in film as well, but unfortunately a lot of those very old movies have been lost with the passage of time. For example, there is a 1910 movie called "The Insane Heiress" in which (according to the IMDb synopsis) the heroine chloroforms a nurse and steals her uniform, but that film was made in the early days of cinema and is probably long gone.
Stormtrooper1990

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:07 pm the future of our trope will be a different thing; the future of our trope is shaped in the East Asia

look at Pixiv... can't you notice a trend?

so far ( here... "in the West " ) it was something about a woman taking the clothes of another woman for a disguise :)

but at Pixiv it's about a woman taking the clothes of another woman AND a corpse as a plaything :o

I think it's in both East Asia and Europe, well in my opinion.

I think that's a whole separate ballgame on Pixiv. I don't really go for necro stuff. Don't get me wrong I like both lethal and non lethal content but the whole necro thing, it's giving us USBs a bad name.

What's wrong with neutralising a woman and taking her clothes for disguise with no strings attached? I really don't want to see that as it causes censorship that no-one wants
Void99

Post by Void99 »

OFF TOPIC.

Hi Stormtrooper. Just wanted to ask something, I know you like Saints Row. Just wanted to know if you currently have SR2 and Grand Theft Auto IV?...or more specifically the 2 DLCs for each game. They CAN NOT be purchased off the main MS store on Xbox One or Series X/S consoles. You need to access the actual old Xbox 360 marketplace store.
You can buy the base games from the current MS store on modern consoles...but the DLCs will show up as "unavailable" to buy.

The things is....the 360 store is being PERMANENTLY CLOSED DOWN on July 19th this year. And the DLCs for these games will be GONE FOREVER!!!!
You can still download and play previous purchased games and DLCs but they will not be available for purchase after this date.

They can currently be bought from these links, making sure you sign in with the actual account you use for your Xbox.

Saints Row 2 DLCs
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Prod ... 01545107fc
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Prod ... 04545107fc

GTAIV DLCs
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Prod ... 01545407f2
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Prod ... 04545407f2

Just thought I would let you know. Not sure if you care about GTA IV, or maybe you already have the SR2 DLCs. But there is a ticking clock on obtaining these DLCs!!!
Stormtrooper1990

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

Void99 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:06 pm OFF TOPIC.

Hi Stormtrooper. Just wanted to ask something, I know you like Saints Row. Just wanted to know if you currently have SR2 and Grand Theft Auto IV?...or more specifically the 2 DLCs for each game. They CAN NOT be purchased off the main MS store on Xbox One or Series X/S consoles. You need to access the actual old Xbox 360 marketplace store.
You can buy the base games from the current MS store on modern consoles...but the DLCs will show up as "unavailable" to buy.

The things is....the 360 store is being PERMANENTLY CLOSED DOWN on July 19th this year. And the DLCs for these games will be GONE FOREVER!!!!
You can still download and play previous purchased games and DLCs but they will not be available for purchase after this date.

They can currently be bought from these links, making sure you sign in with the actual account you use for your Xbox.

Saints Row 2 DLCs
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Prod ... 01545107fc
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Prod ... 04545107fc

GTAIV DLCs
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Prod ... 01545407f2
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Prod ... 04545407f2

Just thought I would let you know. Not sure if you care about GTA IV, or maybe you already have the SR2 DLCs. But there is a ticking clock on obtaining these DLCs!!!

Hi Void

I don't own either but I was thinking of downloading SR2 since I had it on the 360 but never had the DLCs. That explains way I couldn't download it from the X-Box One store. I haven't played any of the GTA games but that's another franchise that I have always wanted to get my teeth into.

I remember my friend telling me about the closure of both the old 360 marketplace and the PS3 stores. She told me she's going to do a smash and grab to lift as much content as possible before the July cut off.

Thanks very much for the links mate. This is something I will definitely look into as I would like to pick up a bargain and to get some new ideas for stories. After all I always felt female Ronin from SR2 were perfect uniform stealing candidates. Plus i remember a mission where you infiltrate the police station with Shaundi disguised as maintenance workers. I liked to think they stole the uniforms from two cute repair girls. ;)
Void99

Post by Void99 »

Not sure why this is....but it's very confusing.

Microsoft began the backward compatibility program for Xbox One back in 2015. I never had an Xbox One. I was on PS4 for last generation until November 2020 when getting the Series X.

The store on the Xbox One and Series S/X is a different entity to the old store on Xbox 360 .....and this is where it gets a bit confusing.
Despite some games and DLCs being added into the backwards compatibility program ....they can not actually be purchased off the current Microsoft store via Xbox One or Series S/X.

One example of this was Orange Box. Which is a combo of Half Life 2, The episodes 1 & 2 expansions along with Portal and Team Fortress 2. I could not see any way to buy this when first getting the Series X over 3 years ago. It shows up in the store but says "currently unavailable for purchase".

Late summer of 2022 I found out it was possible to buy Orange Box by logging in to the Xbox store via PC (using my actual Xbox account login details) and buying the 360 version there. When I went back to my actual Series X and looked at Orange Box on the store again, it now said "you own this" and there was a download option. I was extremely happy as Half Life 2 is still my favourite FPS game to this date!!!

I only found out a few weeks ago that Orange Box had been delisted from the Xbox 360 store back in February last year. So now there is absolutely no way to obtain this game digitally for Xbox console if you had not already bought it prior to February 2023. People who already bought it can always redownload and play it....but anyone else hoping to get it now is shit out of luck unfortunately. The only possible way for them to play it on Xbox is with a physical copy....but from the sounds of things, Microsoft are moving away from physical for future Xbox consoles.

But like I said earlier, this thing of game content only being available on the old 360 market place does apply to the Saints Row 2 DLCs. The main game can be bought off the current store (I bought it several years back) but the 2 DLCs will show up as "Unavailable for purchase" when you scroll down to the "add ons for this game".

Those links should let you buy them.
Did some research on GTA IV. The 2 DLCs for that were actually released on a physical disc called "Episodes from Liberty City". This EFLC disc does not require the main game to be installed and apparently is part of the backwards compatibility program. Not sure how easy it would be though to track down a copy.

Personally I think the safest bet is to just grab all the DLCs off the old store before July. That's what I did anyway.
Not actually played the SR2 DLCs yet, but good piece of mind knowing I got them...because I don't think these were ever released physically and after July there will be absolutely no way to ever get them.

It is strange how this all works. I can only assume it would cost Microsoft extra money to put these DLCs on their current store for purchase. Some kind of legal stipulation that we don't know about.

Return to “General Discussion”