"Escaping the Hospital" by Rycbar123456

esercito sconfitto

"Escaping the Hospital" by Rycbar123456

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Alice slowly opened her eyes, only seeing a blurry area around her as she tried to focus her vision more. As she tried to look around properly she saw what looked like a hospital room, and she was lying in the bed, now dressed in a gown rather than her own clothes. She laid back as she tried to collect her thoughts, her fiery hair splayed out upon the pillow. She racked her brain and remembered the two nurses from the ambulance and how they had just pulled her in and knocked her out. She felt a rush of fear, she didn’t know where exactly she was, how long it had been or what to do. Alice looked out the doorway, there was another nurse, still masked and gloved like before but this one dressed in blue with curly brown hair, different to the brunette who had taken her. Alice held out hope that she could trust this nurse and that this misunderstanding would be fixed and she would be home soon.

“Excuse me, hey” Alice called out as she made her way over to the nurse.

“Hi there sweetheart, what can I do for you?” she says, almost condescendingly, like she’s talking to a little kid.

“Uh, I don’t think I’m supposed to be here, two nurses kind of grabbed me off the street and chloroformed me in the back of an ambulance. I would really appreciate it if I could just go home” Alice responds, slightly put off by the way the nurse is looking at her.

“Ohh, you think you’re not supposed to be here” she says, with the same tone as before, “well that’s okay, we can put that right” she promises as she reaches into her pocket.

“Yes, thank you, that would be lovely” Alice responds as she looks around, the hospital doesn’t remind her of any she has seen before, it’s too… quiet.

“Perfect, if you could just face me sweetie” the nurse says, holding up a spray bottle, the nozzle pointed at Alice’s face.

“What’s with this pla-aack” she cries out as the nurse squeezes the nozzle and a fine mist surrounds Alice’s face, immediately knocking her off her balance. The smell of the mist invading her lungs, causing her mind to slow.

“It’s alright sweetheart, just let the gas do its job” the nurse says assuredly as she wraps her arms around Alice, ready to support her when she falls.

“What… why did… ngghhh” Alice mutters as her eyelids flutter and she falls backwards, supported by the nurse.

“Theerree we go, sleep nice and deep for me” she whispers to Alice’s limp form as she effortlessly picks her up and carries her back into the room she came from, placing her back in the bed and taking a moment to look down at the blissful sleeping woman. A grin grows on the nurse’s face as she pulls the mask down to whisper to the unaware figure

“You belong here now”

*********************************************************************************************************

Alice had no idea how long it had been since the was sprayed and knocked out again. Maybe an hour, maybe a day. Regardless she had one new decision, she had to get out of here, but if her last try was anything to go by, it wasn’t going to be as easy as asking nicely.

Alice climbed out of the bed and looked out the window on her door, it was clear. She tried the handle but couldn’t budge it, she was locked in. Deciding to try to take a moment to come up with anything, scouring for anything she could use. Most of them only had things like masks, gloves and pills, nothing which Alice thought would help her. Opening a cupboard she hadn’t seen before she found a familiar brown bottle with a label on it, ‘CHLOROFORM’, and a neatly folded piece of cloth.

“I can work with this,” she muttered to herself. Taking the cloth and bottle she figured out a way to get out of the room, hopefully out of whatever hospital this is.

Alice ran back towards the bed, taking one deep breath before pressing the call button. She knew now she didn’t have long as she hid next to the door, out of view unless someone came inside. She unscrewed the cap and poured the clear liquid onto the cloth, now she just had to be ready, but an odd giddiness came along with it.

The door was swiftly opened and she couldn’t believe her eyes, the very same nurse that sprayed her asleep walked in, letting the door close behind her. Alice wasn’t going to waste this chance, jumping out from the corner and clasping the cloth over the nurse’s mouth and wrapping her other arm around her waist.

“MMMPPPHHHH” the nurse cried out as Alice felt gloved hands grabbing at her own in a desperate attempt to break free. She felt the nurse fighting back as much as she could, the nurse’s eyes had widened when the cloth came over her and was shouting out for anyone who could help.

“I see why you enjoy this” Alice taunted “This is fun, I’m in charge now’

The nurse’s flailing had begun to die down, rapidly becoming little more than a gentle nudge in Alice’s arms. She looked at the nurses eyes, unfocused and rolling, as if she was on the brink of sleep.

“That’s it, deep sleep” she whispered to the nurse as her eyes closed, her struggles gone and her body going limp.

Alice carefully set the nurse on the floor, the door was unlocked now but she had another idea, if she walked out as she was she’d likely be knocked out and brought back, she hoped she could disguise herself as a nurse and sneak out. Dragging the nurse to a private part of the room and wasting no time, quickly removing the gown and replacing it with the nurse’s uniform piece by piece. She soon had swapped outfits entirely except for the mask and gloves that she took off the nurse and threw away, opting to grab new ones from the room. Alice caught a glance at her reflection in the window, she now looked just like a nurse, the right uniform and a mask covering her nose and mouth and blue gloves on her hands. She searched through the pockets for the spray from earlier but couldn’t find it despite searching multiple times. Alice carefully picked up the unconscious nurse, now dressed in the gown, and placed her in the bed, but for the sake of making sure she didn’t wake up and come after her, Alice grabbed a mask, carefully pouring the chloroform onto the mask and placing it on her face, now ensuring that she would be kept unconscious for longer.

Alice opened the door and walked out of the hospital room, she knew that she couldn’t afford to get caught. She made sure she was walking with an aura of confidence and authority so as to not seem out of place. The scene she saw earlier was the same now, it was bizarrely quiet, at least for a hospital, she hadn’t even seen another nurse. She wandered around the floor she was on before stumbling across a surgery room, her curiosity got the better of her and she looked inside, she found it to be entirely deserted, like it hadn't been used in years, except for the anaesthesia machines. This would be odd in a regular hospital but this place was confusing her more by the second, she knew she couldn't stay here longer, if she did she might never leave. That's saw a sign directing her to an exit, she just had to keep going straight and she could get back to reality. She could see the outside world and was only a few steps away.

Return to “Stories by non USB members”