Step after Step; Adding Another Milestone to our Journey

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

Step after Step; Adding Another Milestone to our Journey

Post by esercito sconfitto »

at this point, from years , one of the main regrets of mine , partly due to being a non-native English speaker, is that in too many occasions I failed to underline the importance to our board of the stories by Tirepanted.

the novels of Tirepanted aren't just a wonderful source of fun and levity ; they helped to define the very core of what we are doing here; shaping the very present of our Genre , ( or Trope ) at a so deep level, that only with some difficulties this can be perceived in its exact size

no offense to any of the exceptionally good and excellent other authors , but the stories by Tirepanted establish a "natural" prominence in the writer's corner of the board, thanks to characters and plots perfectly fit for the purpose of the board

...not to mention the admirable constance needed for such a huge book series...

back in 2017, Tirepanted started the "To Steal a Spacesuit" saga; in the recent days he posted the "epilogue" of the seventh Volume of the series, titled "One Small Step For Women ", finally writing the "The End" line ; and now, after all these years, I feel the need to publicly thank him for his efforts, for the dedication and the incomparable work

PS ( and , Tirepanted, give us back Zuhal... :D )
Stormtrooper1990

Re: Step after Step; Adding Another Milestone to our Journey

Post by Stormtrooper1990 »

No offence taken, my friend. It just gives the rest of us exceptional writers the chance to catch up.

But I will say this, Esercito. And this isn't meant as an insult. I hope this isn't taken as such. Please don't disregard the endeavours of the exceptional pool of writers that make up writers corner. We all work to bring this board the very best in uniform stealing content. There is also talent like Arc and Jaeger, waiting in the wings. Arc, who is a very good friend of mine that I have the pleasure to work with in bringing the Cold War Stories, Historical Epics like Gabrielle's journey and the new series of Ellana's Cultural Studies to the boards attention.

You once told me, that the board is like a family. Yes we are all different and often have our disagreements, but ultimately we all love one thing and that's Female/Female uniform or clothes stealing. This is what binds us together and this should be celebrated in all its forms. In my opinion, you do Tirepanted a great disservice by singling him out here. The board isn't just one person or just one writer, it's all of us.

And I would like to apologise to Tirepanted, I haven't read any of your stories. I hope you are not offended.
simon4242

Post by simon4242 »

there is an exceptional pool of talent on this forum,i do not think esercito meant any offence ,just wanted to give praise to an epic saga....
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

esercito sconfitto wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:31 pm at this point, from years , one of the main regrets of mine , partly due to being a non-native English speaker, is that in too many occasions I failed to underline the importance to our board of the stories by Tirepanted.

the novels of Tirepanted aren't just a wonderful source of fun and levity ; they helped to define the very core of what we are doing here; shaping the very present of our Genre , ( or Trope ) at a so deep level, that only with some difficulties this can be perceived in its exact size

no offense to any of the exceptionally good and excellent other authors , but the stories by Tirepanted establish a "natural" prominence in the writer's corner of the board, thanks to characters and plots perfectly fit for the purpose of the board

...not to mention the admirable constance needed for such a huge book series...

back in 2017, Tirepanted started the "To Steal a Spacesuit" saga; in the recent days he posted the "epilogue" of the seventh Volume of the series, titled "One Small Step For Women ", finally writing the "The End" line ; and now, after all these years, I feel the need to publicly thank him for his efforts, for the dedication and the incomparable work

PS ( and , Tirepanted, give us back Zuhal... :D )
I completely agree with you. Tirepanted's saga can now be considered a "classic".
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

In French, we have a saying that says 'faire partie des meubles'. Basically, we use this idiom to mention something or someone who has been somewhere for such a long time that it is hard to imagine that place without them. (According to my translator, the English equivalent is roughly the same: 'to be part of the furniture'.)

This sums up my feeling about the Spacesuit saga. Given its history and length, I think its end is worthy of being called a milestone indeed. A seven-years-long saga, that almost died at one point and was then brought up, has reached its end.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Esercito: Thank you, I'm flattered. :oops:

You've been a staunch supporter of my stories for years now, encouraging my writing and even providing my stories with dozens of illustrations. Thank you for your thoughts here, and always.

The Spacesuit saga was an epic challenge for me, and I tried to capture the general "vibe" of this board - creating a series that was dramatic and fun and character-focused while also filled with uniform steals. Had I known it would take seven years to tell the full story, I doubt I would ever have tried it - but looking back now, I'm happy that you and others at this board appreciated and enjoyed it. :)

Stormtrooper1990: No offense taken, I'm sure a lot of people here haven't read my stories. :) But you can always feel free to start.

I try to read a lot of the stories on this board, though I probably miss a bunch of them - it's a very active board, and there are definitely a lot of writers worth celebrating.

Torreken: Thank you!

Rufusluciusivan: Thanks very much. It's kind of funny to me that I originally intended the story to be just one volume, and then just kept going. Glad that it's left such an impression on USB culture. :)
Disguisedagent

Post by Disguisedagent »

tirepanted3, please take it to heart when I say sometimes your work is all that keeps me staying here. I've grown... dissatisfied in recent years, but your stories and finds on the Picture and Clip boards always lighten my mood. Your contributions here are truly invaluable!
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks, Disguisedagent, that means a lot. :) Glad you enjoy my contributions to the board.

Return to “General Discussion”