Spy Myung-wol - episode 1

tirepanted3

Spy Myung-wol - episode 1

Post by tirepanted3 »

Korean drama about a female spy. The first episode has her stealing two disguises, though both are offscreen.

In the first scene, she needs to infiltrate a masquerade ball. She intercepts a woman on her way to the party, and steals her dress, mask, and car.

In the second scene, we see a group of uniformed fangirls preparing to enter a fan convention. One of the girl notices that her ticket has been stolen. Then another girl notices that one of their friends is missing. We then cut to Myung-wol in a restroom, putting on the uniform she stole from the poor fangirl (victim is not seen).

First scene starts at 6:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26Z8REa3EM

Second scene is at 7:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxM13vuObU
Daveyjonesagain

Re: Spy Myung-wol - episode 1

Post by Daveyjonesagain »

I remember this from the old board. I really hoped having 2 scenes in the pilot meant plenty more to come. Unfortunately, these were the only ones. :cry:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Just a note, there actually is a quick aftermath of the first scene. We see the victim wandering around in her slip with the police, searching for the woman who stole her dress. Then, when Myung-wol is fighting some villains, the woman points her out and tries running after her, but Myung-wol escapes.

She's at 11:40 in the first video, then 00:40 in the second video above.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Daveyjonesagain wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:17 am I remember this from the old board. I really hoped having 2 scenes in the pilot meant plenty more to come. Unfortunately, these were the only ones. :cry:
I think the reason for this has to do with the plot of the show. Myung-wol is a North Korean spy who is sent South Korea on a secret mission, but ends up falling in love with her target at the end of the first episode and abandoning her assignment.

The pilot episode features a lot of infiltration and disguises, since she's working undercover. But then the show becomes more of a romantic comedy, so there's no more opportunities for USB scenes.

In any event, it is indeed a disappointment.

Return to “Fancy Dresses for Infiltration”