So You Want to Be a Gladiator

cardenio1611

So You Want to Be a Gladiator

Post by cardenio1611 »

There is a clothes sealing scene from this 10-minute short from 1955 that is one of a series of 64 that the actor George O'Hanlon starred in and co-wrote between 1942 and 1955. He played a hapless character named Joe McDoakes, The titles all begin with the words "So You Want to Be a..." (movie star, plumber, etc.) This one is set in ancient Rome and at the end Joe wins the gladitorial match and is to be given a slave girl. At 9 minutes in, we see that Joe's wife is putting on the slave girl's billowy clothes, and the girl is lying on a divan, her hands tied and wearing what someone must have thought was underwear in ancient Rome--her legs and midriff are bare. It was on Turner Classic Movies today, I DVRed it, but lack the technology to transmit it, It doesn't appear to be on youtube or bing but may be on some streaming services, Maybe someone can find it to share it,
darth chlorophorm 2

Re: So You Want to Be a Gladiator

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I loved TCM, because some times they show Classic SCI-FI and Horror flicks.
It's was awesome when they had a Godzilla Marathon or something.
What sucks is, Last year, I altered my Channel Package with Comcast, in order to lower my bill. After that, TCM is no longer available to me with the current Package.
For decades TCM was always a "Basic Cable" Channel.
Comcast blows, but they're the best game in town.
tirepanted3

Re: So You Want to Be a Gladiator

Post by tirepanted3 »

Found the scene. Starts at 8:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7YlAsOWs0

Return to “Dancers , Actresses on Stage etc.”