Double Rendezvous

cardenio1611

Double Rendezvous

Post by cardenio1611 »

This story was inspired by the World War I spy film Rendezvous (MGM 1935), There is no clothes stealing scene in that movie. But the story was suggested by the two lead female characters: Joel Carter as played by Rosalind Russell, and Binnie Barnes, as played by Binnie Barnes.

'The American woman was lead up the winding steps of the Washington, D.C. mansion to a room on the top floor under the influence of a German luger. Her face was covered by the veil of her black hat, and she was dressed somewhat simply in a black, front-buttoned frock compared to the other woman in the party of four ascending the stairs. Olivia Kerloff was wearing a full-length white minx coat that covered a beige evening gown sprinkled with diamonds, topped by an ermine fedora hat. She was preceded by the man with the gun, Ivan Kaminsky, who worked for the aristocratic man who pulled up the rear, de Sergroff, the leader of the German spy ring for which Kerloff was a valuable member.

The door had been left open, Joel entered to find a sitting room with just a few pieces of furniture--a writing desk, a bar stand, a mirror, and a couch covered by purplish upholstery. Kaminsky entered but immediately stepped aside, his gun still drawn. Kerloff walked in and turned to de Sergroff, who stood in the doorway. He said to Kerloff, "Keep and eye on her. I will inform Major Gordon that we have Miss Carter and will kill her unless he decodes the message from the U.S. fleet that gives its location. Ivan, guard the door." The two men left and locked the women in. In an instant, Kerloff removed her hat, placed it on the edge of the couch, pulled out her own gun from the mink coat pocket, and leveled it at Joel. "Do not attempt anything. I am very skilled with most measures of killing."

Joel smiled broadly. "Ah, Countess Kerloff. I think you know so little about me, while I know a great deal about you. You are a pampered Russian aristocrat spying for the German purely for the money they will pay you. You have never worked a day in your life, have never shot a revolver, and have earned your spurs as a spy solely by your sexual skills. Every piece of jewelry you are wearing is from a lover. I, however, am not the sheltered niece of the U.S. Secretary of War that you and even Major Gordon and the secretary think I am. I have fired a gun, skinned a rabbit, and climbed the hills of my parents home in Iowa. I am also a jewel thief. I stumbled into this mess to steal your jewels and those of your friends." Here, she began to gesture broadly. "But then I fell in love with Major Gordon, for whom I would do anything--" And here, with her hand already extended, she slapped the gun out of the countess' hand. When Kerloff turned to retrieve it, Joel pulled her back with her left hand and with her right first punched Kerloff's jaw. The woman immediately fell backwards onto the couch. Joel jumped and landed on her and threw another right-hand punch into Kerloff's left eye, knocking her out.

Sitting next to the unconscious spy, Joel sighed and said. "All righty, then. Where do we go from here? First, I think I caught a look between you and de Sergroff when he mentioned the message from the U.S. fleet. So, you must have it." Pulling Kerloff up, she yanked off her mink, searched the pockets and felt around the lining, finding nothing. She then felt around the dress and reached into Kerloff's low-cut decolletage "No brassiere," she said, feeling around the woman's ample breasts. "Aren't we daring!" She then pushed her over and undid the back of her dress. Pulling it down and over Kerloff's legs, Joel admired the woman's figure. It was what was called at the time an hourglass figure, with broad shoulders from ancestors who had milked cows, a thin waist, and full hips. Her skin was creamy-colored and soft, and her legs were long and tapered. After Joel knocked off the countess' blue and gold-rimmed shoes, this left only her panties and silk stockings that rose to her thighs. Joel removed the stockings and felt for the message. Finding nothing, she pulled down the panties, which, given the size of the countess' hips, resembled a small, white flag. Joel looked at the area between the woman's legs. "I hope I don't have to get into that," she said. But there was something in the panties, a stitched-in compartment in the back. Ripping it open, Joel removed a small piece of film. "Got it!" she whispered.

She sat for a moment next to the naked spy. "I can destroy it so that the Germans don't have it. Or, I can get it and other information on it out of here." Joel stood up and undid the back of her dress, removed her brassiere and half-slip, and took off her own stockings. She then put on Kerloff's evening gown. She went to the mirror and admired her own decolletage. "That no brassiere thing will do it." She put on Kerloff's mink and fedora and returned to the mirror. "Not bad," she said.

She took her own dress and pulled if up and over the unconscious Kerloff and then put her own shoes on the woman's feet. She decided to hide her own brassiere, stockings, and half-slip under the couch. Her outer garment and her hat were sufficient to make Kerloff look like her, she reasoned. As she placed the hat firmly on Kerloff's head, she whispered, "Sorry about the eye," referring to the purple bruise that was already developing and that she hid with the hat's veil.

She pushed the film deep into the pocket of the mink, picked up the gun, and put it in the other pocket. She was ready to go but gave a last look at the countess disguised as her. "How could I have forgotten those!" she said, returning to the couch and removing Kerloff's diamond necklace, her three rings and the gold bracelet around her ankle. "These I will keep!" she said, putting them on. "Who will know?" she whispered. "Are you going to report it to the police?" Suddenly, she had one last idea. She walked to the bar stand and took the brandy carafe. She sprinkled a fair amount over the sleeping woman's now primly-covered chest.

Joel pounded on the door. When Kaminsky opened it, she pushed her way passed. "He is taking too long. I am due at the German consulate, and he can meet me there. The woman will give you no trouble. She was so nervous she got herself drunk!"

As she walked to the U.S. war department, Joel removed the jewelry and shoved it the gun in the coat's pocket. Then she removed the gun. She saw de Sergroff walking toward her, confused that the countess was away from the mansion. But she smiled and continued walking until she was almost upon him. Joel fired one shot at his heart. She pulled his corpse behind the bushes and continued on.

Kaminsky peered in to the upper room and saw the woman he thought was Joel Carter asleep on that couch. Suddenly she stirred, awoke, and yanked the veil from her face. "What the hell! Where is the--where are my--"

"How could this have happened?", Kaminsky asked. "And what happened to your eye!"
esercito sconfitto

Re: Double Rendezvous

Post by esercito sconfitto »

at last, welcome back, old time friend Cardenio1611 :)

and thanks for having added this one to the list of these little delightful gems ;)

hopplewite

Post by hopplewite »

Yes, nice to see a new story. Great narrative as usual.

Many Thanks
Hopplewite :D
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

Nice very nice :D

Return to “Stories by Cardenio1611”