Volume 5: Last Woman Standing

Trackman281

Re: Spacesuit, Vol. 5: Last Woman Standing

Post by Trackman281 »

This is a great way to kick off the weekend, so let's go. 8-)

Haha, while it is nice for Felicia to see that she needs to do things in moderation, I have a feeling that as soon as she mugs her next woman for her uniform, they'll be no stopping her again. :)

I like seeing Prema's observation of things, especially when it comes to Female advancements in recent years, but at the same time Moira is right too, this also means that more and more infiltrators can come out hiding and acquire disguises easier and easier. :D

Okay, I'll say it, I loved the entire scene with Meredith and Lucinda, I mean first of all, the mugging of Brandi and Riley was actually quite hot and very well executed, plus the whole point of the fact that their disguises have worked a little too well and they now find themselves peeling vegetables is a fantastic touch and finally. "Longshorewomen"......There you go again, forever raising the bar, nicely done. :D 8-)

Once again, I absolutely loved the scene with Linda, indeed it seems she should have tried her luck at squeezing into one of those tight fitting flight attendant uniforms. ;) But with saying that, her takedown of this security guard was amazing, subtle, sweet and left plenty to the imagination which is not a bad thing at all. Plus I found it funny of how her disguise was blown pretty much instantly haha. :lol: :D

Great scene with Darla, I like the way the policewoman just thought Darla was another victim (well I guess in a way she was by this point), only to find herself moments later bound and gagged in her undies, looks like her partner will be laughing about this for a while. :D

Aaahhh Marine, your jokes, no matter how crumby (oh yeah I went there). Will always put a smile on my face, that's for sure. 8-)

Okay I see what your doing here with the next scene, I can already sense the future chapters of maybe even future spin offs getting ready to appear on the horizon. Oksanas appearance was actually unexpected as I thought you were just mentioning her, but I'm pleased that she did actually appear, and we even got a nice little USB to accompany it, so all in all, a win, win. I must admit, I actually want to see more of them now we've had this brief cameo appearance. :D

Haha YES! Ashley is such a bad arse in this scene! Seriously, she is so awesome sauce, I was hoping and I do mean hoping that she would find Jocelyn and Gabriella in their undies, as you may remember me saying in an earlier review, Ashley is just cool and her everything she said was both truthful and at the same time both boastful and insulting......Ashley just is one of the best, she really is! :D 8-)

That was quite a sweet scene between Moira and Prema, I think IF those two were to get together, they'd make quite a sweet couple, plus seeing them go on a potential adventure together would most definitely be a welcome one......Are you setting up another chapter or spin off in this scene? ;)

Once again, Bobbi steals the spotlight in her scene with Felicia, it's true though. Most of the women Bobii beats up for their clothes, do deserve it, they are rude, they are obnoxious and they need to be taught a lesson, something that Bobbi is oh so good at doing. I really do hope we see Felicia go on another adventure with Bobbi and Bridget one day so we can see Felicia try ouy Bobbi's advice and insult her victims underwear choice, especially if she deserves it.........Wait, is this another hint at another chapter or spin off too? You've created so many windows of opportunities here for future spin offs and chapters, I won't lie to you.....I want them ALL! :D 8-)

Aaaaahhhhhhh so it was Chloe all along who rigged the election, well played, well played indeed. :geek: Well done Bridget, I see the reward did make it's way into the right hands after all. Plus I sense that this isn't the last time we've seen Chloe and Robyn, hopefully they'll appear in future installments. :D

Oh man......This last scene really made me smile and made my heart skip a beat. Okay, first off, it was pretty cool that you actually allowed us to see what Dr. Chen had actually written for Bridget to read, it was a nice touch......But the best part came afterwards. Bridget realizing that the line between good and evil and so delicately thin that walking the line itself can feel like a burden when faced with strong moral choices......but Bridget is a strong fighter, she's one hell of a dedicated woman and I know that she'll always go out into the world seeking justice and I will always support her, every step of the way. 8-) :D

Goodness gracious me, this was such a great epilogue. It sets up so many new adventures and new stories, as you know, I want them all and I honestly can't wait to see which one you decide to tackle first. The epilogue itself was definitely worth the wait, it really wrapped up so many stories whilst making way for brand new ones, it's truly phenomenal. :D

Honestly though. Thank you ever so much for creating such a massive world of interesting characters, nail biting drama and amazing USB scenes. Experiencing all these ladies story arcs has been an absolute blast, I've loved it all from start to finish, I can't get over actually, just how many of these characters I enjoy seeing, both good and bad, there all fantastic they really are. I know quite a few times, you tried to make characters that bad that you want us to hate them, but I can't.....I just can't.......Even the characters we're supposed to hate, I can't help but enjoy, because you've written them in such a way, that it's impossible to hate them. I hope you know what I mean by this, because I don't really know hoe else to explain it. :D :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Rufus: Definitely, I wouldn't be changing my writing style itself. I will, however, keep trying to perfect the style I currently use (pacing, dialogue, descriptions, etc). I always think there's room for improvement on those fronts.

I hear your points about some of the villains getting away easily. In some cases, I kind of have ideas for them in future stories and it's easier to include them if they're not locked up in jail (requiring an escape every time). It is entirely possible that they may be caught in some future story. If Karima can't forever escape the law, who can? :)

I'm always looking for new developments to keep these characters interesting - even if they're not always admirable. Sometimes the developments are planned out in advance, like with Bobbi, and sometimes they just happen organically from the story, like with Prema and Moira. I wasn't originally planning to have them pair up as a couple, but it seemed strangely logical, and it seems right to have some level of romance in these stories.

I think we're quite similar in our desire to write funny and interesting villains. Personally, I believe some of the villains are evil enough to generally deserve a major comeuppance (like Chen), while other, less evil characters can get off a little easier (like Marina and Whitney). Though I can certianly understand why someone would think Meredith and Lucinda got off too easily - perhaps I've grown a little too attached to them. :lol:

I've begun outlining a couple of shorter stories, and want to publish them soon (though as I said, things can get busy). I probably won't start any more novel-length epics till next year, though perhaps I'll return to them as well. Thank you for reading. :)

Trackman: Felicia is getting back in the groove, isn't she? Still, it's not clear if she'll be so eager the next time she needs to steal some clothes. We'll have to see. :)

I'm glad the Meredith/Lucinda scene is resonating; as mentioned before, I had a lot of fun writing it. I believe I used another scene with longshorewomen way back in "The Greatest Actress", but I was happy to incorporate one such seen into this saga.

Linda was one of the characters I determined should be caught; the only question was how. I couldn't leave her without one last uniform to steal, even if it ended up being a short-lived disguise. Some women don't have any luck... :lol:

In retrospect, I wish I had set up the mention of Oksana a bit earlier in the story, but I wasn't sure I had the opportunity. I've been layering in some of Sonja's backstory for a while, and there's a potential story in early development there.

I thank you for suggesting that Ashley find Jocelyn and Gabriella, as I wasn't originally planning for that, but it ended up working out well for the character. Trying to strike the balance with her being honest and condescending to them was tough; glad you liked the result.

The Moira/Prema relationship certainly has potential. That could be developed in a later chapter, probably not a spinoff, though I won't say much more for now.

Bobbi and Felicia are still central characters, so they probably won't get a spinoff per se. But I am interested in continuing to explore their characters and seeing where they go. It may take a little time before I get there, though.

Chloe and Robyn turned out to be fun characters to write, and I imagine we'll see them again at some point. I don't introduce too many new characters by this point, but occasionally it's good to increase the cast.

I felt it appropriate that Bridget get the final scene; she's effectively the glue that holds the series together. And I like having her challenge her morals, even if she's not as susceptible to the rougher inclinations as someone like Bobbi.

I will most likely stick to shorter stories for the near future, since they tend to be less complicated (and more popular on the board). I have some ideas for my next subject, although it's still in early development.

Thanks as always for your thoughts. I'm glad you like my characters; as I said, there aren't any of them (well, except maybe the truly evil ones) that I want people to hate. They're all part of this larger world, and I try to make all of them worth following or at least understanding. And I'm happy to continue their escapades as long as the ideas keep coming. :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Hhhmm maybe, but Felicia is still a veteran USB woman now and I think she might find it quite easy to get back into the swing of things. This is of course just my own thoughts, but it will be interesting to see just what happens next time she needs a disguise. :D

At least these two longshorewomen were left stashed in barrels filled horrible smelling fish, unlike a couple of other ladies from one of your previous stories.....I still remember that scene even now. :D

Indeed and it always seems Linda is one of the unlucky one's doesn't it haha. :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing how or IF she's able to get out of this one. 8-)

I think mentioning Oksana earlier on in the story, might have made the whole thing less impactful if I'm being honest here as I would have been anticipating her appearance all through out the story. I think you handled this better, as not only did we get the message that she was around, but almost immediately after, she actually appears. I think you made the better call on this one, as to me this made the entire scene even more special and a lot more enjoyable, nice work! :D
I thank you for suggesting that Ashley find Jocelyn and Gabriella, as I wasn't originally planning for that, but it ended up working out well for the character. Trying to strike the balance with her being honest and condescending to them was tough; glad you liked the result.
It was well worth the wait. We all see Ashley go through these bully scenes, then she just gets mugged again, so she gets bullied even more, then she just gets mugged even more and I honestly felt a bit bad for the poor lady. So I just thought, that it would be nice if she finally managed to at least get a little bit of revenge one a couple of her bullies and I think you did a fantastic job with this scene. Needless to say, I was smiling and nodding my head in approval. Ashley's amazing! :D

I don't mind if you write short stories or full blown massive arcs, the only thing you had to say, was you were going to be writing more chapters and I am immediately on board! As long as I get to keep on returning to this wonderful world, then hell yeah, sign me up. 8-)

P.S. Honestly, it's incredibly easy to like all of your characters, because you write them all so well. :) ;)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been without Internet for a little while.
Hhhmm maybe, but Felicia is still a veteran USB woman now and I think she might find it quite easy to get back into the swing of things. This is of course just my own thoughts, but it will be interesting to see just what happens next time she needs a disguise. :D
Of course, we shouldn't expect Felicia to simply give up cold turkey. She's still a USB woman at heart, after all. :D Hopefully there will be some interesting developments for her ahead as well.
I think mentioning Oksana earlier on in the story, might have made the whole thing less impactful if I'm being honest here as I would have been anticipating her appearance all through out the story. I think you handled this better, as not only did we get the message that she was around, but almost immediately after, she actually appears. I think you made the better call on this one, as to me this made the entire scene even more special and a lot more enjoyable, nice work! :D
Glad it worked. It's always tricky to coordinate the different characters and revelations in a mass ensemble story, so it's great when it comes together. Sometimes a lot of setup is needed, other times it may just be better to introduce the new characters more suddenly. I guess I was just hesitant since this was the epilogue, which isn't usually a place for new characters. But I guessed it worked out.
I don't mind if you write short stories or full blown massive arcs, the only thing you had to say, was you were going to be writing more chapters and I am immediately on board! As long as I get to keep on returning to this wonderful world, then hell yeah, sign me up. 8-)
That's great to hear. :) And I promise we will be returning to this world soon. I have two spin-off stories in early development now. It may be a few weeks before I can resume a regular writing schedule, but I'm eager to keep exploring these characters and their world. :)
P.S. Honestly, it's incredibly easy to like all of your characters, because you write them all so well. :) ;)
Thanks! :D
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

lately I have become progressively unable to draw a proper "USB " scene, but the final scene of this saga suggests something different from the stealing clothes for disguise as ordinary trope; in the ending scene, the speech/ confession of Bridget Baxter ( as dictated by Dr. Chen ) offers a suggestion of USB as a domination tool and as a mean to become a woman of power...the only woman standing

Tirepanted, many thanks for this wonderful saga :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Wow, I love it! :lol: Clever idea and well realized. I love the expression on Bridget's face.

I think it's fair to say that the speech Bridget reads has some empowering undertones, even though it was originally meant to ruin her. As some have noticed, I like exploring the different effects that stealing uniforms has on the women, and Bridget has definitely leveraged it to empower herself (even if she does not act cruel to her victims).

Thanks for the drawing, and the thoughts! :D

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”