Volume 4A: Sisters in Arms

tirepanted3

Volume 4A: Sisters in Arms

Post by tirepanted3 »

Note: The following is a short story centering on some of the side characters in the Spacesuit series. It doesn't really connect much to the larger ongoing story or main characters, but I though it was worth giving its own space, and perhaps resolve a few dangling threads. Plus, it's a good opportunity to develop some characters I've grown fond of. It takes places shortly after the events of "A Most Wanted Woman." Enjoy.

Talia tapped her pen against her clipboard as she strode down the long white corridor.

It had been a busy Saturday at Mercy Hospital, and the brown-haired nurse was working overtime. Dressed as she was in her white uniform - double-breasted shirt, knee-length skirt, sheer nylon tights, and Birkenstock slip-ons - she had been working almost nonstop since 6 AM.

"Babe, you are never gettin' out of this uniform," she chuckled to herself.

Scanning the next patient name on her clipboard, she checked her watch. Her schedule was beginning to tire her, but she decided to pop in anyway. After all, this patient was a little more unusual than the others.

She stepped into Room 306, where one of the doctors was standing over the bedridden patient. The patient herself - a tall, broad-shouldered blonde woman with a small scar above her left eyebrow - remained motionless, as the she had yesterday and the day before.

"Mornin', Eva," Talia smiled. "How's our Jane Doe today?"

"Slowly improving," the doctor responded. "Her vital signs are getting better, but she still has a long way to go." She looked the blonde over. "She's an incredibly fit woman - tall, athletic. Haven't seen too many like her."

Talia laughed. "What about me?" she asked. "I'm about the same size that she is. You sayin' I'm not athletic?"

Eva rolled her eyes. "Just make sure the patient stays comfortable."

"Hey, answer the question!" Talia chuckled as Eva exited the room.

She shut the door, shaking her head with a smile as she approached the patient. "Everyone's a critic," she said. "Though it's true... You've got a fantastic body. Wonder if you're an Olympic swimmer or somethin'."

She turned back to the small tabletop, upon which were a few medical implements, including a pair of medicine bottles and a small syringe.

"Well, whoever you are, it's time for your medicine."

She reached for the bottle with blue liquid.

Suddenly, there was a blur of motion, and a muscular arm encircled her throat.

"Hhhhhhkkkk!" Talia tried to cry out as she was pulled backwards, but the woman had a grip of steel. The nurse's legs flailed about, but her shoes could get little purchase on the freshly waxed floor.

Sloane held on tight. She pressed her other arm down on the base of the woman's neck, applying a sleeper hold to cut the blood flow to the woman's brain.

"Just pass out already, darling," she whispered. "Make this easier on the both of us."

Talia's vision was beginning to grey. Her limbs turned rubbery, their movements slowing with each tick of the clock. She made a desperate attempt to hit the on-call button beside the patient's bed, but her fingers simply didn't have the energy to reach it.

"Come on already. I don't have all day."

Talia felt the last of her strength melt away. Finally, she slumped in her assailant's grip.

"Thank you, nurse." Sloane let the unconscious woman slide to the ground. She arose from her bed, wincing slightly as her warm bare feet hit the cold floor. "I knew you'd cooperate eventually."

Sloane padded to the door and locked it, ensuring some privacy between her and Talia.

"How long was I out?" Sloane glanced at the calendar on the wall. "Ten days. Damn it."

First things first. She had to get out of the hospital. And the nurse could certainly help her with that.

Placing the unconscious woman on the bed, Sloane began unbuttoning her uniform. She opened the shirt to reveal an aqua-colored contour bra with lace edging. Sloane removed the woman's shoes, then worked the skirt down her legs, thus revealing her leopard-print bikini panties. Beneath her skirt, the nurse wore a pair of hold-up thigh-highs with elastic white tops. Sloane rolled these off her long legs, one after another.

After days stuck in an old hospital bed, Sloane was more than ready for some new clothes. Shedding her blue hospital gown, she balled it up and threw it in the trash. Then she began dressing in the nurse's crisp white uniform - rolling the tights up her legs and snapping them against her thighs, buttoning up the shirt and zipping up the skirt. The uniform wasn't perfect, but it fit comfortably enough. The Birkenstocks were more difficult, but it wasn't long before she had worked them over her feet.

Talia was secured and gagged with medical tape. She was placed in the bed and covered with the sheet, serving as a decoy Sloane for the time being.

She checked her reflection in the room's mirror and smiled. "Looks like I've gone from bad... to nurse."

Then she winced. That was a terrible joke. The drugs the hospital had given her must have been strong. Either that, or she had been spending too much time around Marina.

Marina... yes, she had to go find her team again. Hopefully some of them had made it out of Hobson. Marina, Darla, Toshiko....

Sloane's face darkened. "Toshiko..."

Her second-in-command was responsible. That bitch had tried to kill her... and almost succeeded.

Sloane opened the door and stepped out into the hospital hallway. "You'll be sorry, Toshiko," she muttered. "So very... very sorry."

Sloane's first stop was her previous hideout. The old warehouse had functioned as an effective base of operations for several years. No one had suspected the dilapidated old building, with peeling paint and grime-coated windows, of housing her illegal operations.

But now the warehouse was empty. It had been cleared of its tech and furnishings, and not a trace of its former occupants could be found.

Sloane chewed her lip thoughtfully. Almost no trace...

Stepping into her office, Sloane approached the corner and tore away the carpeting. Hidden beneath the floorboards was her spare laptop, containing on its hard drive her various underworld contacts and schematics.

Sloane was relieved to see that the Internet was still working, and she quickly logged on and began searching the darker corners of the Web. She quickly updated herself on the status of her team - it had effectively dissolved. Darla and Whitney were in jail. Cassandra and Marina were on the run. And Toshiko... where was Toshiko? She couldn't find a trace of her.

Sloane drummed her fingers against her desk. She needed to find Toshiko. But to do that, she needed help.

But from whom? If her old team had been compromised, her old contacts would not want to touch her. They wouldn't risk raising a red flag.

She couldn't get help from a criminal. But all her friends were criminals... weren't they?

An idea slowly percolated in her brain. It was a hunch, but...

She resumed searching the Web, cross-referencing a recent job with someone from her past.

Her eyes lit up. "Jackpot."

The first rays of sunlight began filtering through the window.

Carolyn yawned slowly opened her eyes. She reached over to the other side of her bed, where she expected her wife to be. "Up and at 'em, Suki."

No answer. The pillow was cold.

Carolyn sat up. She could hear the sounds of talking from downstairs. The faint crack-sizzle of bacon in the frying pan.

Carolyn sighed and stepped out of bed. She got dressed and headed down toward the kitchen.

Atsuko was at the stove, preparing breakfast. Seated at the table was Toshiko, scanning the morning paper. The two women were chatting idly with one another when Carolyn walked in.

Atsuko smiled at her wife. "Good morning, honey. Hope we didn't wake you... Toshi was up early and so was I... we decided to get a start on the morning."

Toshiko grinned at her sister-in-law. "Want a look at the sports section?"

Carolyn shook her head. Although Toshiko had proven an accepting guest in the two days since they'd foiled Valencia Steele's plans, Carolyn still did not fully trust the woman. "I, er... can I have some eggs?"

"Of course, honey," Atsuko replied. She put some on a plate and handed it to her.

Toshiko turned the page. "So... we were talking," she said. "Atsuko and I. The police... they aren't going to stop looking for me. I'm a fugitive, without any of my teammates to help me. I need to get out of the city."

Carolyn was secretly relieved to hear that, although she didn't let it on.

"A few days ago," Toshiko elaborated, "my friends - former friends, that is - and I infiltrated a military compound. Stole some soldier uniforms and planted a few bombs. But the explosives were discovered after we left, and they're launching an investigation." She took a bite of bacon. "I think I may have been caught on security tape. If they trace the tapes back to my old criminal records, I'm toast."

Carolyn nodded. She was in the mood for toast, perhaps with butter...

"My plan," Toshiko continued, "is to re-infiltrate the base, destroy the security footage, and then hightail it. Find another 'home' until the heat dies down."

Carolyn nodded, taking another bite. "Sounds good."

"And we're going to help her!" Atsuko announced.

Carolyn nearly choked on her bite. She coughed.

"Carol, are you okay?" Atsuko asked, concerned.

"Fine, fine," Carolyn responded. "Um, Suki... can I talk with you for a second?"

Atsuko nodded. "Excuse us, Toshi..."

Toshiko smiled. "No prob. I'll just scan the tabloids."

Carolyn dragged her wife into the living room. "Are you out of your mind?" she whispered indignantly.

Atsuko looked hurt. "Carol, she's my sister."

Carolyn sighed. "We spoke about this," she said. "I said no more 'adventures.' No more working as criminals."

Atsuko folded her arms. "We're not criminals. We did the right thing in taking down Valencia Steele."

"But we broke the law," Carolyn countered. "We trespassed on private property. We mugged innocent women... tied them up, stole their clothes. You know that was wrong."

Atsuko sighed. "Look, I understand if you don't want to join us... but I have to help Toshiko. She may not be perfect, but... she's family."

Carolyn was silent for a moment. "I'm going to take my morning jog."

"Carol, please..."

Carolyn grabbed her jacket and headed for the door. "It sounds like you and your 'family' have some plans to make."

"Breathe in... now hold for ten... one... two... three..."

Olive stretched herself out over the yoga mat, allowing the soft music to wash over her. She listened attentively as the exercise tape continued to play.

"...nine... ten. And out."

Olive exhaled. She felt good, calm... better than she'd felt in a while.

The doorbell rang. Olive opened her eyes. "Just a minute."

She got up from the mat, shut off the tape and music, and took a drink from her water bottle. Then she jogged over to the door and opened it.

Bianca stood there, smiling brightly as the morning sun. The black woman was holding a carrier tray with two covered coffee cups in one hand, a small paper bag in the other.

"Hi, girl," Bianca smiled. "Thought you might like a cinnamon latte on this lovely Sunday morning."

Olive smiled back. "Come on in, Bee."

Bianca stepped into the apartment. "Honey, have you been exercising? At 8 in the morning?"

Olive nodded, her sandy-brown ponytail bobbing. "For stress relief. Been so much happening these last few weeks, I need a way to unwind."

The two women sat at the kitchen table. Bianca handed her friend one of the coffee cups. "What's to be stressed about?"

Olive sighed. "I'm a working mother, Bee. have to take care of the baby, and my husband is working as well. He has a day job at the law firm... I have the night job with Dennison security... one of us always needs to be home, and it's getting difficult to keep the balance."

Bianca nodded. "Have you tried asking our bosses for some nights off?"

Olive laughed. "I'm already pushing our luck with them. After we were mugged for our uniforms, our credibility with the firm went way down... If I try to ask for time off, they may think about replacing me entirely."

Bianca nodded sympathetically as she reached into the paper bag. "I know what'll cheer you up. Breakfast muffins!" She pulled out two pastries. "Chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin?"

Olive held up a hand. "No thanks... I need to watch my figure."

Bianca shrugged. "Suit yourself." She took a large bite of the chocolate muffin. "So what's your plan?" she asked between mouthfuls.

"I've hired a nanny," Olive explained. "Wanda recommended this professional firm that rents out babysitters, and they come relatively cheap. So I called them up, and they're sending someone over."

"When?"

"She should be arriving in about twenty minutes. I'll meet with her and see if she's worth investing in."

Bianca nodded encouragingly. "Sounds worth a shot."

Maribeth hummed softly to herself as she pulled her car into the apartment building's underground parking garage. She steered her old maroon Mercedes into an empty spot and shut off the engine.

Emerging from the vehicle, Maribeth gave a casual glance at her watch. She always made a point to arrive early to her appointments, in anticipation of delays. As Olive had told her over the phone, the apartment was on the fourteenth floor. Hopefully, the elevator was working, but she was prepared to arrive early even if she needed to take the stairs.

At age thirty-three, Maribeth was one of the younger nannies to be working at the company, but she took her job as seriously as the professionals. She wore a light grey double-breasted jacket over a crisp white button-down shirt and slate-grey neckerchief, a matching knee-length skirt with hip pockets, low-heeled pointy-toed black pumps, and off-white tights. Her light brown hair was tied back in a Gibson tuck. She dressed seriously, and her clientele took her seriously.

Suitcase in hand, Maribeth made her way through the parking garage to the stairwell. It was a quiet morning; perhaps most patrons were still in their beds.

As Maribeth rounded the corner, she was momentarily startled to see someone blocking her path. The woman was tall and blonde, clearly athletic, dressed in a white uniform that appeared to be of a nurse. She had a small scar above her left eyebrow.

"Pardon me," the blonde woman said with a slight smile. "But would you happen to be the woman meeting with Olive Greene on the fourteenth floor?"

Maribeth nodded. "Yes. Why do you ask? Did she change her plans?"

"No," the blonde replied. "But I'm changing yours."

Maribeth hardly had time to react before she saw the blonde's fist speed towards her head. THWACK.

Sloane dragged the unconscious Maribeth into an "Employees Only" closet just before another car rounded the corner. Close call.

She began stripping the woman at once - skirt, heels, jacket, shirt, neckerchief. After a moment's consideration, Sloane removed the tights as well, the better to complete the illusion.

Maribeth was left in a sensible pair of Spartan white full-cup bra and full beige panties. Her underwear was professional, even if her current position and state of undress was not.

Sloane retrieved a roll of brown tape from the closet's shelf and taped up the brunette's wrists and ankles. Two strips over her mouth, and she was dragged into the corner of the closet and covered with some old sheets.

Sloane changed into the woman's clothes, rolling on the rights and buttoning up the shirt. She squeezed into the jacket and skirt, cursing their tailored fit, and tied the neckerchief beneath her chin. She slipped her feet into the heels, ignoring the way they pinched her toes. She had felt worse pain in her life - far worse.

After rearranging her hair into a professional bun, Sloane picked up the suitcase and exited the closet. She worked the lock to ensure that Maribeth would have several hours of privacy, then headed for the elevators.

It was time to visit an old friend.

"I just can't believe you think you need a nanny." Bianca shook her head. "Olive, you're the most badass woman I know! If anyone can juggle a family and a career, it's you."

"Badass?" Olive rolled her eyes. "I'm lucky to keep my job. I've gotten mugged for my clothes twice in the past two weeks. And I took part in your harebrained kidnapping scheme that blew up in our faces. What's so badass about that?"

Bianca started on the second muffin. "Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have our bad days... or weeks, I guess. But you've gotta stay strong. When you hear the bell, come out fighting!"

The doorbell rang. Olive sighed and got to her feet. "Coming."

She approached the door and opened it, smiling at the business-suited woman on the other side. "Hi... Thanks for agreeing to meet with me."

The blonde grinned as she stepped inside. "No trouble at all."

She took a seat at the table and smiled at Bianca. "Morning."

"Morning..." After a moment's hesitation, Bianca managed to smile back. However, something unnerved her about this woman.

Olive sat down facing the blonde. "So, you're the nanny? What do I call you? Nanny, babysitter?"

"Well," Sloane looked directly at Olive and smiled, "why not call me Forbidden Love?"

Olive stared at the woman oddly. Then a look of understanding washed over her face. "You're not..."

"I am," Sloane nodded. "Been a while, hasn't it?"

Olive just sat there, stunned speechless.

Bianca glanced back and forth between the two women. "Um... anyone wanna fill me in?"

"Of course." Sloane undid the bun, allowing her blonde hair to fall to her shoulders. "Sloane Spears. Former lieutenant of the US Air Force. And..." she smiled. "Olive's former girlfriend."

Bianca raised her eyebrows. "Girlfriend? Ollie, you devil! You never told me!"

"It..." Olive caught her breath. "It was a long time ago. I was a young soldier, she was assigned to my division. We became friends..."

"Much more than friends," Sloane added. "Had some fun nights together, as I recall."

"Fun?" Olive was regaining her composure. "Our time together got me kicked out of the army. I'd hardly call that fun."

Sloane nodded. "I know. I meant to call you after that, but..."

"No." Olive held up a hand. "Don't start again. I'm married. I have a husband. I have a baby. I don't want to rehash all this."

Sloane was silent. Bianca glanced back and forth between them, enraptured.

Finally, Olive spoke. "What do you want? I don't think you're the nanny they sent over."

Sloane laughed. "Good guess." She leaned over. "I'm here because... I need your help."

Olive scoffed, but Bianca was curious. "Help with what?"

"I left the Army several years ago," Sloane explained. "In the time since, I've begun working in covert ops. Undercover stuff... mainly catching escaped criminals."

She reached into a jacket and pulled out a photo. "I'm on the hunt for this woman... One of the most dangerous criminals in America."

Bianca glanced at the photo. After a moment, Olive did too. It showed a tall woman with long dark hair and Asian features.

"Toshiko Suzuki," Sloane explained. "Wanted for theft and corporate sabotage. I've been hunting her for months, trying to find a lead."

Olive looked at Sloane strangely. "Okay... what's that got to do with us?"

Sloane played it cool. The next part of her story was the tricky one.

"My sources tell me that Toshiko and her gang recently infiltrated the facilities of Dennison Drilling - a factory where the both of you, my research indicates, work as security guards."

Bianca clenched her fists. "Yes! So that was them! Those were the bitches who tied us up and stole our clothes."

Sloane, of course, did not indicate that she was one of the "bitches" who had worked with Toshiko to infiltrate Dennison. It had fortunately been dark that evening, and she had employed her mugging tactics quickly, so neither Olive or Bianca seemed to suspect her involvement.

"I thought you might have a stake in this," Sloane nodded. "Perhaps you two would be able to assist me. Maybe you recognized her, or..."

Bianca thought. "I definitely want to help... but I didn't see my attacker that night. How about you, Liv?"

Olive shook her head. "It was very fast... Someone judo-chopped me from behind, and everything went black."

"Come on, think," Sloane urged. "There must be something you remember." As long as it isn't me.

Both women thought for a moment. Then Bianca snapped her fingers. "Vonda."

"Say what?" Sloane asked.

"Vonda... one of our coworkers. She was mugged for her uniform the same night we were."

"She quit Dennison the next day," Olive added.

"Yes... She went to work as a security guard at Cerberus Chemicals. I spoke to her recently on the phone about it."

"And?" Sloane asked, a bit impatiently.

"Get this - Vonda had her uniform stolen again last week. Can you imagine, being mugged twice?"

"We were also mugged twice," Olive pointed out.

"Shush. Anyway, here's the weird part. Vonda tells me she was mugged by the same woman who stole her clothes at Dennison! She was even able to see a couple of her partners-in-crime."

Sloane leaned forward. "What was the mugger's name?"

Bianca thought. "She said it was... Marina."

Sloane's eyes lit up. Perfect.

"Where is this Vonda?" she asked. "Can we speak with her?"

Bianca nodded. "She only lives a few blocks away. We used to carpool to work."

Sloane stood up. "Let's go, then."

Bianca got up to follow. Olive stayed put.

Bianca turned. "Liv, you coming?"

"I'd love to, but... I can't leave the baby alone."

"Just have a neighbor come over! Come on, we don't want to miss this!"

Olive thought for a moment, then nodded. "All right. Count me in."

Adelaide loved her job. She loved the sense of danger in taking illegal missions, she loved the thrill that came with avoiding being caught, and she loved the satisfaction in a job well done.

He second-favorite part of any mission was the aspect of disguise. Adelaide loved taking on new appearances and identities, dressing in deceptive clothes to go where she pleased. It was a fun way to test her range as an actress, and her abilities as an infiltrator.

Her favorite part, however, was hiding. Adelaide was a born contortionist, able to bend her dexterous limbs to squeeze into seemingly impossible spaces. It was always good, she thought, to begin every mission by hiding herself in an enclosed space, be it a suitcase, a luggage compartment, or a packing crate.

So it was that she had begun her latest mission by hiding inside a wooden delivery box, just small enough to hide her lithe, hunched figure. She had located an army truck stopped off for some gas, climbed in the back and emptied one of the crates before climbing inside and closing herself back up again. Two small holes in the side of the box provided sufficient air. No one would suspect a thing.

After forty minutes along a bumpy dirt road, the truck had pulled into the large base. The crates were unloaded and taken to a nearby warehouse, where they were stacked against a far wall.

"These deliveries are getting heavier and heavier," one man told his partner as he set Adelaide's crate down on the dirt floor. Adelaide suppressed a chuckle.

Once the footfalls faded away, Adelaide allowed herself a moment of quiet, to gain her composure. Then she would begin her mission.

As she was about to open the crate, however, the door to the warehouse opened again. Adelaide kept quiet and hidden as a new sound of footfalls echoed into the storeroom.

Carefully shifting her head, Adelaide peered through one of the air holes in the side of the crate. A woman strode into view. She was of medium height and build, with blonde hair that formed a V-shape between her shoulder blades. She was dressed in a brown suit jacket over a white chiffon blouse, black pencil skirt, tan tights, and black Mary Jane heels. She held a clipboard and pencil in her hands, and was inspecting each of the boxes, taking notes as she walked around the storeroom.

Must be a filing clerk, Adelaide mused. Not the ideal disguise, but a decent start... and she looks about my size. With a smile on her face, Adelaide arched her back and pressed it up against the top of her box.

It didn't budge.

Puzzled, Adelaide pushed again, harder this time. No movement.

A note of panic set in as Adelaide realized what had happened. The workers who had unloaded her box had also stacked another large, heavy box right on top of it. Adelaide did not have the leverage needed to push the box off her hiding space. She was trapped.

Adelaide pushed again, to no avail. She thought about calling out to the filing clerk, but the woman might get startled and alert security. Then Adelaide would really be in the thick of it.

For the moment, she was stuck. All she could do was watch the filing clerk make her way around the room... dressed in the clothes that Adelaide wanted... but was frustratingly unable to obtain.

Carolyn felt her heart thump against her chest as she jogged around the neighborhood. Part of her heavy heartbeat, she knew, was due to the adrenaline coursing through her veins thanks to her outdoor activity. But it was in part also due to the emotional rollercoaster she had been on in the last few weeks.

Drawing a deep breath, she rounded the corner, approaching her house once again. She slowed down as she neared the door, and stepped inside.

Atsuko and Toshiko were putting on their jackets. Both were dressed in dark clothes, a helpful stealth tactic even during a daytime mission.

Atsuko smiled at Carolyn. "Hi, sweetie. How was the run?"

"Fine," Carolyn muttered. "I guess you two are... heading out?"

"To the military base," Toshiko nodded. "You coming?"

Carolyn averted her gaze. She loved Atsuko, and yet...

"I just... want things to be normal. I miss normal."

Atsuko approached her wife and smiled. "Once this is taken care of, things can be as normal as you want."

Carolyn looked at her wife longingly. "Promise?"

"I swear," Atsuko nodded. "I just need to make sure my sister is safe."

Carolyn closed her eyes for but a moment. Then she opened them and looked at the Suzuki sisters.

"Okay," she said slowly. "Okay, I'll come. I'll help."

"Great," Toshiko grinned. "Get changed. Dark clothing preferable."

Carolyn looked her wife in the eye. "But I will not be hurting any innocent women. And I don't want you doing it, either."

Atsuko nodded understandingly. "I'll do my best... for you, honey."

"Great, great," Toshiko snapped her fingers. "Can we get moving, please? We have a lot of ground to cover today."
Last edited by tirepanted3 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rufusluciusivan

Re: Sisters in Arms

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Talia laughed. "What about me?" she asked. "I'm about the same size that she is. You sayin' I'm not athletic?"
And she soon came to regret it... Gotta love the classic scenario of a patient mugging the nurse for disguise, then placing her bound-and-gagged body on the bed and covering her with a sheet to serve as a decoy.

Nice discussions with Carolyn and Atsuko, and I look forward to see the moral dilemnas the mission may create for she and Atsuko. I wasn't expecting to see these characters return in this project you mentioned, but on the other hand it's logical. Seeing them back is a pleasant surprise.

Nice scene with Maribeth, especially Sloane's one-liner about changing her plans. She still got this. (and you too as well...) First time a nanny is mugged I think. I look forward to read the inevitable twists and betrayals when Sloane's lies will be revealed.

Adelaide's fail made me chuckle.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

ah best bad joke of the month, we have a winner and she is Sloane :D

She checked her reflection in the room's mirror and smiled. "Looks like I've gone from bad... to nurse."
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Always a welcomed sight whenever you post a new chapter or story. :D

Well in all fairness, Talia probably shouldn't of gone around boasting she's the same size as Sloane, cue missile guided karma, haha. :lol: :D

Seeing Sloane rousing round and slowly but surely remembering everything was a nice touch, the whole sense of seeing all those realizations coming back was great, brilliant opening. :D

Seeing go back to her old stopping grounds can bring back memories and not just for the characters but for the readers too, I really like the direction you seem to be taking this chapter. :D

Hhhmmm, I'm looking forward to seeing who she found as her contact, then I'm looking forward to seeing what time of trouble the two of them can cause, it's going to be good I can tell. :)

I really enjoyed the following the scene, Carolyn's commitment to her new ways and life is highly commendable and fully understandable. But I also see it from Atsuko's point of view too, plus if pulling of heists and going on adventures is in Atusko's blood (as it sounds like), it can be very hard to get away from that sort of thing, especially considering how long she's being doing it. You wrote this segment tremendously as I found myself siding with both of them on this occasion but for different reasons. While it may be a small, it was also one of the more powerful scene's, very nicely done. :D

Oh and P.S, that scene made me hungry haha. ;)

I like Olivia, she's getting her life back on track and she's really having ago at it, for her families, but as with most USB stories, I have this feeling this will be short lived and I see that as soon as I say this, dear old Sloane has just waylaid the nannie (Maribeth) and taking her clothing. :)

Well it seems that Olivia's husband is going to be looking after the baby by himself tonight. :)

I never get tired of seeing Adelaide on her assignments, I could read a whole story arc of featuring just her and still want more, I like her style, her mindset and above all else, she's just an enjoyable character. :D

The final segment was a nice one too and I'm happy to see that their all the same page, well for now at least. ;) :)

I know you said that this chapter doesn't really connect much to the bigger picture, but this is still a welcomed addition and to be honest I think it fits in quite nicely and fills in some of the gaps wonderfully. You've allowed these characters some room to breath in this chapter and by doing so, we've gotten to see some of their characteristics and personalities really shine through which was great to see. :D

This was a wonderful chapter and as I say I think it fits in the continuity quite nicely and I truly can't wait to see where they all go from here. :D :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks, all! :D

Rufusluciusivan: I can't resist the classics... there's a reason they work so well. :) I'm happy people like the nurse's "same size" line.

I got the idea to center the story around Carolyn and Atsuko while writing "A Most Wanted Woman," and especially after the positive feedback they received. There will definitely be some moral dilemmas brought up in this story; similar to yours (though somewhat different as well).

Yes, I think this is the first time a nanny is mugged. (I do recall a cartoon where a female villain pulls a babysitter into some bushes, knocks her out, and takes her place, but no clothes stealing was involved.) I still try to find new scenarios/victims where possible. Adelaide's scene was also fun to write - she's always so suave and confident, so it's good to throw a wrench in her plans every now and then.

Esercito: It took some effort to think of a joke that bad. :lol:

Trackman: The opening was my way of humanizing Sloane just a tad, since she's one of my more evil characters. Give people a glimpse inside her head. (And later learn about her past.)

The point of the Carolyn/Atsuko scene was to get people to empathize with both characters; glad it worked. Same to an extent with Olive and Bianca - the women in these stories never get the peace they want. :) I also think the "breakfast table" scenario is a good way to deliver exposition (and make the readers hungry ;) ).

Adelaide seems to have been popular from her first appearance, so I'm happy to keep bringing her back. She's one of those characters who can fit in with any story, since she's something of a "wild card".

Part of the purpose of trying these shorter stories is to give the secondary characters more room to breathe, rather than just working them all into one big story. I think it's certainly a good way to let their personalities shine. :) Glad it's working for you.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

It's a great way indeed as you are right, it does let us get to know them more and that's always a welcomed thing, so because this new chapter (in my opinion) is a massive success, does this mean this could lead to other short stories / chapters in the future to catch up with maybe some of the other older characters and find out what their doing or what they've been up to? :D

Quick side note, Tirepanted, the cartoon you mentioned to Rufusluciusivan was Robotboy and the episode is called (funnily enough) the babysitter of where a Russian spy pulls a babysitter into some bushes and knocks her out, although yes you are right she doesn't take her clothes, just a quick replacement scene. I don't know if you were looking for the scene or not, I just thought I'd let you know what is was, just in case you were looking. :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Yes, I can see myself using the "short story" format for other side characters as well, as a way of focusing on those who don't always get their due. I am still planning at least one more long story with the main characters (a general "heroes vs. villains" take), but if this one works I may attempt more short-form stories in the future.

Yes, thank you for pointing out the babysitter scene; I had forgotten the show's name. Not sure it fits in the board since it has no clothes stealing, but appreciate the context.
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

Nice job, looks like another great story. :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks, FMI! That's what I'm hoping for. :)

-------------

Vonda studied the picture of Toshiko intently. Then she looked up. "Yes, that's her."

Seated on the couch across from her, Sloane, Olive, and Bianca smiled in satisfaction.

"I knew it was a hunch worth playing," Bianca beamed.

"Did you get any information about her?" Sloane pressed. "Anything about her potential whereabouts?"

Vonda shook her head, her blonde ponytail jostling back and forth. "She and her colleagues held me at gunpoint... forced me to strip to my underwear. They gagged me and tied me to a tree. I was a little too distracted with the concern of not dying to get any info on my muggers."

"Come on," Sloane urged. "Surely there must be something you remember... Something that can help us catch this woman."

Vonda racked her brain. Then she spoke. "There was... something," she recalled. "As they were leaving Cerberus, they passed by the place where they had tied me up. They were carrying a large box... holding something... or someone." Her brow furrowed. "And the woman mentioned something... about her... sister?"

"Sister..." Sloane's voice trailed off. She remembered that Toshiko had once mentioned a sister, years ago. It was a long shot, but...

Pulling out her phone, Sloane quickly searched for "Cerberus" and "Suzuki." Scanning the results, her eyes lit up.

"Bingo," she said. "Atsuko Suzuki - an employee at Cerberus. This can't be a coincidence."

She continued Googling. "This Atsuko woman lives in northern Orlando. It's a slim lead, but the only one we've got."

Bianca clapped her hands. "Are we great detectives, or what?"

Sloane stood up from the couch. "Thank you for your time, ma'am. Come, girls. No time to waste."

Olive and Bianca followed her to the apartment door.

"Wait!" Vonda said. "If you're going after this Toshiko woman, I'd like to come."

Olive looked surprised. "Vonda, you don't need..."

"I do," Vonda nodded. "I was mugged and stripped, twice, because of this woman. I want to make her pay."

Sloane grinned. "Of course. Happy to have you aboard."

The four women left the apartment building and climbed into Olive's minivan. Olive pulled away from the curb.

"This will be great," Bianca smiled. "A chance to bring a hardened criminal to justice."

Sloane also smiled, inwardly. She had her own brand of "justice" to mete out at Toshiko... and these three foolish women were naïvely happy to go along with it.

The military base was located on the outskirts of the city, and about a mile from the shoreline. This positioning was strategic, as it allowed the base to accept and transport soldiers and government officiates from the land, air, or sea. Security was tight, and had only gotten tighter following some recent suspicious activity at the base.

Toshiko focused her binoculars on the entrance of the base. Flanked by security guards, who checked the credentials of every soldier and staff worker who entered.

She lowered her binoculars and turned to Atsuko and Carolyn. The three women were all crouched down in the bushes, a good half-mile from the base. "You girls ready?"

Atsuko nodded. Carolyn looked apprehensive, but she nodded as well.

"Good." Toshiko bristled at the sound of leaves crunching.

Carefully parting the bushes, she eyed the newcomer. A tall woman with strawberry-blonde hair, tied in a military-style donut bun. She wore green camo fatigues and a matching patrol cap, as well as brown Timberland boots. The lieutenant found a quiet spot by a plain of shoulder-high bushes and began smoking a cigarette.

"She looks about my size," Toshiko whispered. "Wait here."

"You're not going to hurt her, are you?" Carolyn asked.

"Of course not," Toshiko said softly. "I'm going to strike up a conversation with her. Ask her about her life, her parents, her job. We'll go to dinner and a movie. Then, once we're BFFs, I'll ask if I can borrow her uniform."

Then her face got serious again. "Grow the hell up, Carolyn."

She slinked away, along the perimeter of the bushes. Carolyn watched her go, indignantly.

"Why does she have to be that way? What is her problem?"

Atsuko rested a hand on her wife's shoulder. "She just... has a way of doing things. She's had a rough life."

"That's no excuse," Carolyn replied. "I grew up dirt-poor. Do I go around mugging other women for their uniforms? Obviously not." She grimaced. "Except for a couple of times, after I was forced into it."

Atsuko wanted to respond, but she didn't want to risk alerting the lieutenant to their presence. She gave an understanding nod and peered through the bracken again.

The lieutenant had her back turned to the tall bushes as she finished her cigarette. She dropped it on the dirt and ground it beneath the boot of her heel.

As she drew a second cigarette from her jacket pocket, two arms quietly emerged from the branches behind her and gripped her shoulders. The startled lieutenant had just time enough to gasp before she was yanked backwards into the waiting bushes.

Atsuko and Carolyn watched the rustling bushes and shaking leaves, though they could only pick up the faint sounds of punching and the occasional grunts of pain. After about twenty seconds, all was quiet and still.

Carolyn sighed. "This was a mistake... such a mistake..."

Atsuko squeezed her arm. "Stay strong, honey. Stay strong for me."

The minutes ticked by, slowly, agonizingly. Atsuko and Carolyn watched the bushes, waiting for any signs of movement.

Finally, the branches parted. Toshiko emerged, clad in the fatigues and boots of the lieutenant. She was tying her hair into a military bun, while holding the cap in her mouth.

She circled around to the spot where Atsuko and Carolyn were secluded, putting the cap on her head. "There, see? Easy as cake."

"What did you do with her?" Carolyn asked cautiously.

A dark look crossed Toshiko's face. "Unfortunately, she was fighting too hard. I had to snap her neck."

Carolyn's eyes widened in shock. "You..."

Toshiko laughed. "Kidding! She's bound and gagged behind those bushes. Honestly, you should see the look on your face..."

Carolyn glared at her. "That's not funny."

Atsuko stepped in. "Hey, hey... no fighting. We're on a mission, remember? Let's keep things civil."

Toshiko was about to respond, but a sound alerted her. She put a finger to her lips.

Peeking through the bushes, she saw two young women headed down the nearby pathway. Both appeared young and fit - military cadets, most likely. Their fatigues were of a similar camo pattern as Toshiko's, though they were more of a lighter green-grey color, and they wore similar Timberland boots. Neither woman wore a cap - the light-skinned brunette had her hair closely cropped in a crew cut; her tan-skinned, dark-haired friend sported a single French braid.

Carolyn noted the glint in Toshiko's eye. "No."

"You need disguises," Toshiko snapped. "And they're not going to politely hand over their uniforms. Get with the program."

"Stop fighting," Atsuko hissed. "Carolyn, calm down. I came prepared." She opened her backpack and removed two cloth rags and a glass bottle filled with clear liquid. "Grade-A chloroform. Knocks people out quick and harmless."

Carolyn looked reluctant, but she nodded. "Could've used that on the lieutenant."

"Coulda, woulda, shoulda." Toshiko smiled and stood up. "No use dwelling on the past. I'll invite those two cadets over."

Adelaide was developing a cramp.

She was used to enclosed spaces, but there was only so much she could take before her body began ton rebel. And currently, it was about ready to stand up and stretch.

But for the moment, Adelaide was stuck in her box, with no easy means of escape.

The filing clerk continued to slowly make her way around the room, checking boxes on her clipboard and occasionally murmuring to herself. She was approaching Adelaide's hiding spot.

This is so unfair, Adelaide groused to herself. Her potential disguise was at arm's length - yet trapped where she was, she could do nothing to obtain it.

The filing clerk stopped in front of Adelaide's hiding spot, tapping her pencil against her chin.

"Those idiots," she muttered, eyeing the topmost box on the stack. "This is supposed to go to the mess hall."

Adelaide's ears perked up.

The clerk gripped the large box and slowly slid it off the pile, dropping it none-too-gracefully on the floor.

Adelaide grinned. Yes!

"Have to contact them about that." The clerk turned her back.

Adelaide tensed her muscles, pushing her back against the lid of her box. Showtime.

The lid didn't budge.

What? Adelaide grit her teeth. The morons who had deposited her box must have set it upside-down!

Adelaide groaned inwardly. This is not my day.

Toshiko emerged from the bushes and approached the two young women. "Ten-hut!"

The cadets were momentarily startled, but they saluted and stood at attention.

"At ease," Toshiko said, smiling inwardly. She was enjoying her new role already. "Where are you young ladies off to?"

"It's our day off, ma'am," the brunette answered. "The corporal gave us permission to leave the facility and walk along the shore."

A day off... perfect. That meant no one would miss these girls for a while.

"Understood, cadets, but I have momentary need of you," Toshiko continued. "One of your fellow soldiers is passed out in those bushes. I'll need your help getting her back to camp."

The young women exchanged a glance, unsure of what to say.

"Is there a problem?" Toshiko asked in her most authoritative voice.

"Er, no, ma'am," the braided girl responded. "We'll get right on it."

The two cadets stepped past Toshiko and into the bushes. They looked around.

"Ma'am, there's nobody here," said the brunette, turning back around. "Are you sure y--hmmmppphhh!"

She stiffened up suddenly as Atsuko grabbed her arms and pressed a white cloth over her nose and mouth.

The tan-skinned girl gasped. "What the hellmmmpppphhh!" She was pulled back as Carolyn pressed another sweet-smelling cloth over her face.

Both cadets were dragged deeper into the bushes, as their attackers continued to hold the pads steady. Toshiko followed them.

"Mine's already losing consciousness," Atsuko announced. "How's yours, honey?"

Carolyn winced as she tried to contain the struggling woman. "Are you sure you used enough chloroform? She's really putting up a fight."

"You're doing great," Atsuko smiled encouragingly.

The French-braided girl was indeed putting up a fight, but her movements were slowing down. Her eyelids fluttered, ever so slightly.

"Just pass out," Carolyn whispered. "I don't want to hurt you. Just please, please pass out..."

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the girl slumped forward in her grip. Carolyn exhaled in relief.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Toshiko mused. "Now get into her clothes, quickly."

Atsuko had already rendered her victim unconscious and had begun stripping her of her uniform.

Carolyn lowered the French-braid girl to the ground and began undoing her fatigues. "You sure she'll stay out?"

Toshiko looked up. "Hm?"

"I don't want her to wake up while I'm stripping her... It would be... awkward..."

Toshiko groaned. "Just put on her goddamn clothes. This isn't rocket science."

Carolyn remained silent as she continued stripping the cadet. Atsuko caught her eye and gave her an encouraging smile. You're doing great.

Carolyn smiled back, weakly.

Before long, the cadets were down to their military-issued green sports bras and matching tanga panties. Atsuko and Carolyn hurriedly changed into their clothes.

"You look gorgeous in military get-up," Atsuko whispered to her wife. "Ever think about enlisting?"

It was obviously a joke, but Carolyn shook her head anyway.

"Let's move it, girls," Toshiko said, glancing impatiently at her watch.

At her instruction, Atsuko and Carolyn dragged them over to the taller bushes to the west.

The lieutenant lay there, still unconscious and trussed up like a Christmas turkey. She had been bound with thin but strong white wires and gagged with black duct tape. She sported a deep blue comfort bra and cyan bikini briefs with white stitching.

"Interesting that the military lets the higher ranks choose their own underwear," Toshiko observed. "Come on, let's get these two secured as well."

Atsuko and Carolyn set about binding and gagging the two cadets. Carolyn tried not to make the bindings too tight, fearful that the girl might hurt herself in struggling.

She was disappointed when Toshiko tested the bonds on the girls and tightened them considerably.

"Can't have anyone getting free," Toshiko said, standing up and brushing the dirt from her knees. "Now let's move along. We've got a lot of ground to cover."

She stepped out of the bushes and walked confidently toward the base. Her two companions followed. Carolyn paused and gave one last look at the bushes where they had stowed their three captives.

Then she hurried to catch up with the Suzuki sisters.

Adelaide was running out of options.

The filing clerk was almost done taking inventory. Then she would leave the warehouse. Adelaide would have no chance of stealing her clothes, and it would likely be difficult for her to find another set.

Her mind raced, trying to think of a plan. Perhaps there was some way to get the clerk's attention without risking that she'd sound the alarm...

Finally, a plan came to her. A ludicrous plan, in effect, but she could not think of a better one.

Cupping one hand over her mouth, Adelaide let out a small, mewling whimper.

The filing clerk looked up from her clipboard, a bit startled.

All was quiet. "Hello?" she asked.

Adelaide let out another mewl, even more pathetic this time.

It worked. The clerk approached in confusion and concern - presumably thinking there was a kitten trapped in the box. "Don't worry... I'll help!"

She grabbed a crowbar from the wall and jammed it under the lid of the box. "I'll have you free in a jiff!"

With a mighty effort that belied her petite form, the young clerk wrenched the lid of the box free. "There! You're safe, little fella!"

Adelaide popped up and stretched. "Lordy, that feels good... My neck was stiff as a board."

The clerk's eyes widened. She opened her mouth to scream. Adelaide quickly clapped a hand over it.

"Huh-uh, sweetheart. Let's not start gumming things up the moment I get out of this box, shall we? Be a good girl and don't scream for me, okay?"

The frightened clerk nodded.

"Great." Adelaide smiled as she extricated herself from the box, keeping one hand firmly planted over the clerk's mouth. "Now let's see about those clothes of yours..."

The van pulled up to the curb, a block away from Atsuko's suburban home.

"So what's the plan?" Olive asked.

"You keep a lookout," Sloane instructed. "Vonda will tour the area... talk to neighbors, try to get some information. Bianca and I will search the house and surrounding area."

Vonda nodded. "Sounds good."

"Everyone, stay alert," Sloane instructed. "If you see anything suspicious, report back. Let's move out."

Vonda exited the van and headed down the block. Sloane and Bianca crossed the street and began approaching the house.

"You're really good at this," Bianca noted. "Giving orders, I mean."

"You spend six years in the military, you pick up a few things," Sloane replied. "Target ahead."

Judging by the dimmed windows, the house appeared empty. Sloane squinted from afar.

"Could be some clues inside," she noted. "But we need to be careful in our approach. If some nervous neighbor sees two unfamiliar women trying to break into the house, he may call the cops."

"So what should we do?"

Sloane scanned the block ahead. Further down the road, a small truck with signage for "Raleigh Roofing" stood idly, parked before a house that was in the process of having its roof shingled. The two roofers were climbing down the retractable ladder, presumably taking a midday break.

The roofers were dressed in greasy blue coveralls with front and hip pockets and light brown boots. Both wore grey woolen caps on their heads. The taller woman had light skin and stringy blonde hair that reached her shoulders. Her slightly chubby associate had tanned skin and closely cropped black hair.

Sloane nudged Bianca and gestured at the two women, who were headed around to the back of the house for some privacy. Bianca 's eyes lit up, and she nodded.

The workwomen had found a quiet spot by the garage and were sharing a smoke. They puffed on thin cigarettes and chatted about the news of the day.

Sloane and Bianca stepped into view, smiling slyly.

The roofers looked surprised. "May we help you?" the brunette asked.

Sloane approached the women. "That all depends on whether you're the right size."

With lightning reflexes, she dealt a swift uppercut to the brunette, knocking her backwards.

The blonde gasped. "What are you..." The answer was Sloane's elbow between her eyes. She hit the wall and sank to the ground.

Bianca surveyed the two unconscious women. "Wow, you... you really don't mess around."

Sloane cracked her knuckles. "No need to waste time with pleasantries."

"Yeah, but... they'll probably be hurting when they wake up."

"How tragic," Sloane scoffed, bending down and grabbing the blonde's legs. "Now stop jabbering and get the other one. We'll stow them in the garage."

Bianca was a bit perturbed by Sloane's coldness, but she decided not to say anything. She grasped the brunette's legs and dragged her off.

It was musky inside the old garage, and Bianca's nose wrinkled at the smell. Still, it didn't seem to much bother Sloane, who wasted no time in separating the blonde roofer from her clothes.

"Are you waiting for a signal?" she asked Bianca. "Move it."

"Sorry, sorry." Bianca knelt down and began undoing the brunette's coveralls. Something about Sloane unnerved her... but for the moment, she tried to focus on the task at hand.

Beneath her uniform, the brunette wore a full-cup eggshell-hued bra and tan bikini panties. The blonde was apparently feeling more colorful that day - she had a light blue compact bra and green triangle panties covered in pink polka-dots. As Sloane began changing into the woman's uniform, Bianca took a peek at the label on the panties.

"What are you doing?" Sloane inquired.

Bianca shrugged. "Just wondering what company made these panties... I might want to order a pair for myself when I get home."

"We're not on a shopping spree," Sloane said angrily. "Put on the uniform and get your head in the game."

Bianca nodded curtly. No, she wasn't a fan of Sloane at all.

Still, she complied, changing out of her clothes and buttoning up the well-fitting coveralls. She laced up the boots and tucked her dark hair beneath the woolen cap.

The similarly-attired Sloane wiped some grime from the garage wall and approached her. "Hold still."

"What are you..." Bianca flinched as Sloane applied some of the grime to her cheek.

"You're a laborer... might as well look the part," Sloane explained. She dabbed some of the grime on her own cheek as well.

A search of the garage found some old but strong wires coiled up in the corner. These were used to bind the two women back-to-back, constraining their wrists and ankles. Some handy rags made sufficient gagging material.

Exiting the garage with Bianca, Sloane shut the door. "Grab the ladder," she said. "We'll approach the Suzuki woman's home and climb up to the skylight. Should be simple to break in that way and do a quick search for clues."

"All right."

As Bianca retrieved the ladder and retracted it to a more manageable size, she gave another look to Sloane. The blonde was coldly surveying the surrounding areas to ensure that no one had spotted their little switcheroo.

"What did you see in her, Olive?" Bianca muttered.

Vonda returned to the minivan. Olive was waiting expectantly.

"Did you find anything?"

Vonda nodded. "Apparently, some of the neighbors noticed Atsuko having a relative at the house these last few days... A sister, perhaps. Couldn't quite say."

Olive considered. "Maybe we're on the right track... Sloane's hunch may have been right after all."

"You said she was your girlfriend?" Vonda asked. "How come you never mentioned her before?"

"Ex-girlfriend," Olive corrected. "It... it was a long time ago. I don't really care to rehash this stuff. I'm not even into girls anymore... not really."

"Just an old crush, huh?" Vonda grinned. "I've been there, babe."

Wanting to change the subject, Olive glanced out the window. "Here they come."

Sloane and Bianca approached the van. Sloane was holding a few pieces of paper in one hand.

Vonda eyed their coveralls as they entered the vehicle. "What's with the new wardrobe? You two decide to paint the house while investigating?"

Sloane shot her a look. "We were able to ascertain some important information," she explained. "A few pages of notepaper in the Suzuki kitchen told us their plans for today... they go to a military base in Orlando, then to an airfield in Sarasota."

"Military?" Olive inquired. "We're going to track them through the Army?"

Sloane shook her head. "These plans were written hours ago... odds are they are well underway in their first task. Our best bet is to intercept Toshiko at the airfield."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Bianca urged. "Hit the gas, Liv! We got us a criminal to catch."

Olive nodded as she turned the ignition. "Feed me the directions."

Sloane nodded. "My pleasure."

Entering the military compound was rather easy; the uniforms ensured that no one at the gate gave them more than a passing glance.

Once inside, Toshiko turned to her two cohorts. "I'll head for the security offices and look for the tapes. You gals check the nearby warehouses in case they've stored some of the older security footage there."

"You got it, sis," Atsuko smiled.

Once Toshiko had departed, Atsuko smiled at Carolyn. "Ready to investigate?"

Carolyn grimaced. "You make it sound like we're in a Nancy Drew book."

Atsuko laughed. "Come on, honey. Lighten up. There's nothing to be scared of."

"We've trespassed onto a government facility," Carolyn responded. "We assaulted three military officers and stripped them to their underwear. Now we're surrounded by people who are carrying guns and could at any moment see through our disguises." The note of panic in her voice was rising. "That may be something to be scared of."

Atsuko squeezed her shoulder. "Hey, hey... stay calm, honey. No one's going to see through anything. Just keep cool, all right?"

Carolyn sighed as she followed her wife toward the first warehouse. "I'm sorry. I really am. I just... miss the boredom, y'know?"

"What do you mean?"

"I miss when things were boring. I was an ordinary bus driver. You were an ordinary secretary. We had boring jobs, boring lives. But in the last few weeks... everything's been upended. In the past few days, I've stolen the clothes of three different women... none of whom had done anything to deserve being mugged. I just want it to stop. I just want things back the way they were."

"They will be," Atsuko said. "Once this is over, everything will be back to normal."

Carolyn didn't believe it... but she didn't want to burden Atsuko with too much of her grief. She simply nodded, curtly.

They approached the warehouse in silence. Atsuko reached for the door handle.

Suddenly, the door swung open from the inside. A dark-skinned woman exited, dressed in a jacket, skirt, and heels.

The woman nodded politely at Atsuko and Carolyn before heading off toward the larger office building in the distance.

Carolyn raised an eyebrow. Something about the woman was... familiar...

"Come on!" Atsuko urged her wife. "Let's get inside and get to work."

"That woman," Carolyn muttered as they stepped into the warehouse. "I know her... she..."

"Help me search," Atsuko whispered. "We'll have time to talk later."

So saying, she began rummaging through the nearest crate. "Gotta be something of interest around here... Just need to find it..."

Then something caught her eye. A long shoelace, peeking out from one of the larger crates on the floor.

Pushing the other boxes aside, Adeliade pried open the crate. She gasped at the sight. Inside the crate was a dazed young blonde woman, stripped to her vermilion triangle bra and blue-green checkered panties. She had been bound with old laces and gagged with some strong-adhesive duct tape.

Carolyn peeked over Atsuko's shoulder. "What the hell...?"

"Someone robbed this woman of her clothes," Atsuko said. "Happened very recently... these rope marks on her wrist are pretty fresh. Could it be that woman who just left?"

Carolyn slapped her forehead. "I knew it!"

"Knew what?"

"That black woman... I knew I recognized her. She's the one who started this whole mess!"

"What do you mean?" Atsuko had shifted her attention from the crated woman to her very concerned-looking wife.

"Two weeks ago," Carolyn explained. "When I was hired to drive those handball girls to their tournament. That woman attacked me... She stole my uniform, hijacked my bus. She tied me up and stuffed me in a luggage compartment." Carolyn clenched her fists in anger. "Everything that's happened to us since then... is because of her."

Atsuko gripped her elbow. "Okay... okay. Stay calm, honey. Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure," Carolyn said indignantly. "I saw her face in the rearview mirror... as she was chloroforming me. She said her name was Adelaide. I was minding my own business when she attacked me. And now..." A furious look crossed Carolyn's face. "Now she's going to be sorry."

Atsuko wanted to argue, to tell her wife that she should stat focused on the mission at hand. But she knew that Carolyn had been wanting to find the woman who had mugged her for weeks.

She nodded. "Okay... okay, we'll go after her. But we've got to do this sensibly. Okay?"

Carolyn bit her lip and nodded. "Fine."

"Follow me." Atsuko led the way as they exited the warehouse and began following the unsuspecting Adelaide from a distance.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

What fun chapter.

I have to say that my favorite part was the part with Adelaide and the blonde haired clerk.

I love the idea of Adelaide patiently waiting while the woman goes about her work blissfully unaware she is being sized up to have her clothes stolen.

Then Adelaide pretends to be a trapped cat to trick the woman. I just love the idea of Adelaide just popping out of the create and covering the girl's mouth before she can scream. And I love the dialogue "Be a good girl and don't scream for me, okay?"

Hoping a future installment will feature the clerk stripped to her bra and panties, tied up and, if we're lucky, knocked out in some entertaining manner.

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”