Volume 4A: Sisters in Arms

meditions142

Re: Sisters in Arms

Post by meditions142 »

tirepanted3 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:22 pm Rufusluciusivan: They were relatively fortunate compared to Sloane's plans
Indeed, Sloane was pretty cold blooded in that she didn't seem to care if her gas bomb would also kill the four innocent security guards. She had even told Jenna while they were subduing her "We won't kill you, but you need to cooperate... just as your friends did."
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Yes, it seems she lied... Sloane is one of the few genuinely evil characters in the series. I try to offer a wide range of moral perspectives (from good to bad), and she falls near the bad end. Which is why I try to balance her out with fundamentally "good" characters like Carolyn or Prema.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Nice beginning seeing Carolyn and Atsuko take a trip down memory lane to remember a few times they had to mug women for their uniforms, couple who USB together, stay together, it's truthful I tell you. ;) :D

Overall though that scene played through Carolyn's perspective is great, her love for her wife and wanting to help her even if it means getting herself hurt on the process is touching because I know her character will probably get a few mental scars by the end of this adventure, but she'll wear them proudly knowing that her wife is safe, sound and happy. :D

Ha, I chucked a bit with the whole car keys bit, nice little bit of humour there, but Toshiko must be careful what she says, sometimes it must feel strange for all these infiltrators assuming so many identities and impersonating so many women that I guess it is possible for their own lives to get somewhat blurred especially more so as time goes by, but I do hope that Adelaide doesn't see this a weakness from Toshiko and attempts to get rid of her. :) :shock:

Air traffic controllers.........Well played indeed as I don't think there's ever been a USB scene with this profession before, nicely done. :D Also, "A traffic jam?" Hahaha good grief. :lol:

Sloans's return was very impactful but very well executed, Got to love it when the main villains rock up to spoil the mood, very well written and very enjoyable. :D

The following up scene further carries on with what I said above and that's the length Carolyn will go to for her wife is great and I know that Atsuko knows but I also can't help but wonder and I Atsuko see's this, just because someone is willing to go through hell for you, doesn't mean you should make them. But I have faith that they'll pull through. Great viewing, I'm enjoying this. :D

P.S "That hit the spot" Aaahh the sheer irony of not knowing how poor choice of words they truly were. :lol:

Bianca once again proves that she is an awesome character and I enjoy her little sarcastic gloats to her victims. Her conversation or lesson to Vonda about what happens next was a great addition. Seeing a new USB enthusiast is always a treat and I'm really enjoying of how your handling it, you haven't just instantly made her out as a know it all, she's taking her time, asking the right questions and it's pretty cool seeing her go through the whole "first day on the job" routine (as I mentioned before) so it is interesting seeing all this. :D :D

WOW! I know you're trying to make Sloane the character we all hate with a passion but I just can't do it, I think her character is great and I love her scenes, I'm probably the only one here who actually likes her haha but I think she's amazing. 8-) :D

Nice little light hearted bit at the end there as well with our four security guards still left bound and gagged and I bet they thought there luck had changed. :D

Well this chapter was outstanding, I loved the segments, the characters, the dialogues and of course the USB scenes themselves. Once again the highlight of the show was Carolyn and Atsuko's relationship and as always it really shines through greatly. Your jokes and quick one liners are top notch as always and the writing of all your cast is absolutely perfect. Thank you for another fantastic addition to this incredible ARC. :D :D :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks for the detailed comment, Trackman! I know you mentioned in the "Vigilante" comments that your wrist is in a cast; I wish you well. :)

The Carolyn/Atsuko remembrances was my latest way of adding little continuity nods between the stories. "Nellie, Marcie, and Isabella" were the three Cerberus women that Bridget mugged back in Volume 1. I try to fill my stories with a lot of these little continuity references, as a little bonus for attentive readers. :)

I do believe this is the first time air traffic controllers have been used for a USB scene. I try to feature new disguises when possible; need to give the poor maids, nurses, and security guards a fair break now and then. :lol:

Developing Vonda in this story has also been a little treat for me. She's a bit more wary about the uniform stealing "rules" since she was mugged twice herself. So many women in these stories take the USB process for granted, so I find it interesting to show how newcomers adjust to the tactic.

I don't mean to write Sloane as particularly likable - she's the real villain of this story - but I'm glad you like her. I certainly don't want any of my characters to be particularly repulsive, and I try to make most of them identifiable and empathetic, whether they're good or bad.

I feel like Carolyn and Atsuko are two of the most popular characters I've ever created. Which is incredible, since they were originally minor characters (and Carolyn wasn't even named when she first appeared in Volume 2). I guess you never can tell what will connect with readers until they tell you. :D
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Thank you very much, yeah I only mentioned that in passing because I'm not going to lie, because I've been doing the whole one arm thing, I've spent a lot of time bored out my skull, which is why I can't wait to get back writing again. :D

Well you always succeed with discovering new uniforms and clothing idea's, it is really great, because just when people think there can't be anymore new uniforms to steal, you always surprise us. 8-) :D

That in itself is why Vonda is an interesting character, because you'd probably think that after being mugged for her clothing twice before, she'd be keen to go straight in and steal as many uniforms as she can, just to even the score, but instead she's taking her time, learning the ropes and doing it properly, which I believe has paid off as it's made her more unique and given her own stand out personality, it's great. :D

Yes definitely, that came out a bit wrong didn't it, as I know you don't write any of your characters as repulsive, I just found it funny that it never seems to matter how low Sloane stoops, I can just never bring myself to dislike her. :D
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Trackman best wishes for your casted wirst! :D

I told you to kill Kuebiko before she does damage :roll:

Tirepanted I appreciate your search for new uniforms but please indulge to mass stripping when you can , like in old days :D

but hurry up. the year's end is close and currently you have to beat the record of "Hotel of Deception" by Torreken, with 39 scantily clad Young women and girls tied up in a single tale ;)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Trackman: I can't wait for you to get back to writing either. ;) Though certainly recovery comes first.

Indeed, Vonda is "learning the ropes" (perfect phrase) of the USB trade. I try to give each of my characters their own unique personality, and Vonda felt like a very by-the-book type of woman - someone who wants to learn the rules in order to follow them.

I understand your point about Sloane - and like I said, it's great that even she has her fans, cold as she may be.

Esercito:
I think "A Most Wanted Woman" had over fifty USB victims, although I did not keep an exact count. More victims are certainly easier in longer stories; "Sisters in Arms" is meant to be a smaller story (only one chapter left, to be posted later this month).

That said, I can tell you that Volume 5 of "Spacesuit" will probably include at least one mass stripping scene. That story will begin in January.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Olive, Bianca, and Vonda reached the airfield exit. Their transport was nowhere to be seen.

"Damn it," Olive muttered. "Sloane stole my minivan."

"How are we going to find her?" Vonda asked, exasperated.

Bianca thought for a moment. Then she brightened. "Olive... your van was insured by Dennison, wasn't it?"

"I think so," Olive replied. "Why do you..."

Then she smiled understandingly. "Dennison requires the cars it insures for its security guards to be equipped with LoJack. Of course. We can trace my van's location."

"And find Sloane," Bianca finished. "Ready, girls?"

"Hell yeah," Vonda smiled.

Olive nodded, though she appeared hesitant.

"Something wrong?" Bianca asked.

"I don't know... I... I don't know if I can do anymore of this today... I met my ex-girlfriend... Learned she's an evil psychopath... Then she almost kills me and my friends..." Olive sighed. "And I have a family to think about... I just came so close to leaving my baby without a mother..."

Bianca nodded. "Totally understandable. You can go home; Vonda and I will take care of Sloane."

Olive smiled. "Can't believe I've got such kickass friends."

"Believe it," Vonda smiled.

Bianca looked at the empty road. "Now it's just a question of transport," she stated. "Vonda and I will obviously need a police radio to use the LoJack technology; Olive, do you have a way of getting home?"

Olive shrugged. "I'll just change back to my regular clothes and take the bus."

Bianca gave her a mocking grin. "For shame! Are you passing up the opportunity to steal some new clothes?"

Olive laughed. "I think mugging one woman per day is enough."

"Suit yourself, Ms. Goody Two-Shoes." Bianca rolled her eyes and smiled. "Come on, Vonda. I think I spotted a police station about a half-mile away."

Toshiko advanced toward a nearby runway, Atsuko and Carolyn following behind.

"You sure you're okay?" Atsuko asked. "I mean, I think you inhaled some pretty toxic gas back there. Are you sure you'll be able to fly a plane?"

"I'll be fine, sis," Toshiko assured her. "I would've been much worse, if not for you."

Atsuko grinned. Toshiko glanced over at Carolyn. "And you as well. Thanks for convincing my sister to come back... You saved my life."

Carolyn blushed. "I just didn't want Atsuko to worry..."

Atsuko affectionately patted her wife on the back. "We're both lucky to have you."

A small plane idled on the runway - a blue-and-white Cessna 172. Toshiko smiled. "That looks promising."

Crouching behind some nearby crates, the trio could see the pilot of the plane leaning against the fuselage, tapping away at her cellphone. The tall woman wore the standard green jumpsuit and brown boots, although her helmet, currently tucked beneath one arm, was white with a black visor. She had light skin and blue eyes, and her short blonde hair was arranged in a sidecut.

Toshiko glanced at Atsuko. "What do you think? Is she about my size?"

Atsuko nodded. "More or less."

Toshiko glanced over at Carolyn. "Er... honey, I know this sort of thing makes you uncomfortable... but in order to get out of here, I need that woman's uniform. If you want, you can go wait for Atsuko by the exit..."

"It's okay," Carolyn interrupted. "I'll be okay. I may not agree with what you're about to do, but I understand why you need to do it."

Toshiko smiled at her. "Thanks. I promise to be gentle."

She stood up and advanced toward the small plane.

The pilot looked up as the woman in the air traffic controller's uniform approached.

"Good afternoon... Candice" Toshiko said with a pleasant smile, eyeing the woman's nametag. "Are you scheduled to fly today?"

The pilot nodded. "You're Leslie, right? What took you so long? They told me the controller would be on the tarmac twenty minutes ago."

Toshiko guessed that "Leslie" was one of the two air traffic controllers that she and Adelaide had mugged and replaced not long before. Still, this pilot did not need to know that little detail.

"Yes, I'm Leslie... Sorry for the delay... Had a bit of an altercation with a couple of delivery workers."

Candice did not notice her bemused smile. "Okay, so am I good to fly? Have to do a delivery run upstate."

"Almost ready," Toshiko replied "We just... need to give you a quick once-over. Make sure you're in good flying condition."

Candice groaned. "Seriously? I just went through a check-up this morning."

"Yes, but the company executives are demanding an increase in physical checks. Don't want to be sued, you know."

The pilot sighed. "Whatever."

Toshiko flicked her thumb in the direction of a nearby trailer. "Let's just pop into that office... I promise the exam won't take more than a few minutes."

"Of course it won't," Candice said as they walked to the trailer. "I can do the whole thing in my sleep."

Interesting choice of words, Toshiko thought to herself with a grin.

There was indeed a police station not far from the airfield, and Vonda and Bianca approached it cautiously.

"Looks pretty empty," Bianca noted, peeking through the windows. "We're in a small town here, so probably not much of a law enforcement presence."

Vonda looked around. "Hang on... I hear voices from behind the building."

The women circled around to the rear of the station. A small vacant lot, surrounded by brick walls from adjoining buildings, with only three police cars lines up in the parking spaces. Leaning against the hood of one of the cars were two police deputies, lunching on sandwiches.

The deputies were identically uniformed - dark blue short-sleeved shirt, matching pants, and black shoes. One of the officers had tan skin, brown eyes, and dark hair done up in a tight bun; the other was light-skinned, with green eyes and very short copper hair.

"Those uniforms should fit nicely," Bianca whispered.

"But why do we need their uniforms?" Vonda asked. "Don't we just need to steal one of the cars?"

"In theory, yes... But what if someone sees two women driving a police car... while not dressed in police uniforms? We gotta keep a low profile."

Vonda nodded. "Fair point."

The red-haired officer finished her sandwich, wiping her hands on her shirt. "Be right back," she told her friend. "I need to use the loo."

Bianca and Vonda ducked out of sight as the deputy walked around to the building's rear exit and stepped inside.

"I'll take care of her," Bianca whispered. "You get her friend, okay?"

Vonda nodded. "No prob."

Bianca slipped into the building through the rear exit. Vonda cautiously approached the dark-haired deputy.

But she wasn't quiet enough. Vonda froze as the deputy turned around.

"Yes?" the woman asked. "May I help you, ma'am?"

Vonda realized that the deputy had noticed her security uniform and assumed she was a woman of some importance. "Yes, I... that is, I... er..."

The deputy looked at her strangely. "Ma'am, is... everything okay?"

"I just... I'm..." Vonda could not think of a cover story. "I need... That is... Oh, screw it."

She dealt the deputy a swift neck chop. The officer blinked in surprise, then slumped forward into Vonda's arms.

"I'm sorry, I must sound like a total idiot," Vonda said to the unconscious deputy, dragging her back to the building. "This is my first day mugging other women for their clothes... I promise I'll be more professional about it in the future."

Vonda pulled the woman inside the station, which was indeed empty, at least on the first floor. There was a lounge there with a supply cabinet and two single-person restrooms. The door to one of the restrooms was closed, and Vonda could hear the sounds of punching and a few muffled grunts of pain from within.

Shaking her head in bemusement, Vonda swiped a roll of thick brown tape from the supply cabinet, then dragged the deputy into the adjoining stall and closed the door.

All was silent for a few minutes, as Bianca and Vonda each worked to separate a police deputy from her uniform.

Finally, Vonda's door opened, and she stepped out in her new blue uniform. About twenty seconds later, Bianca's door opened as well; the dark-skinned woman was similarly attired as her blonde partner.

"Damn, Vond," Bianca chuckled, "you get changed quick."

Vonda beamed. "The deputy was closer to my size than the security guard. So it didn't take as much time to slip into her clothes."

"You're really getting the hang of the uniform stealing business," Bianca nodded. "Pretty soon you'll be teaching the tricks to me."

Vonda glanced into Bianca's stall. "Seems like you're doing pretty well yourself."

The red-haired deputy was seated on the toilet, blissfully unconscious. She wore a jade-colored push-up bra and pink hiphuggers with purple polka dots. Her arms had been securely bound to the pipe, and her feet pulled around the toilet and secured to the S-bend, while a thick strip of tape covered her mouth.

Bianca laughed as she looked into Vonda's stall. "I guess great minds think alike."

The dark-haired deputy was similarly bound and secured to her toilet, although she wore a lemon cami bra and sky-blue boyshorts.

Bianca and Vonda shut the stall doors and worked the locks into the "occupied" position. "That should hold them for a while," Bianca noted. "Ready to find Sloane?"

Vonda jingled the keys. "I'll drive."

The two women stepped out of the station and headed for the nearest police vehicle in the lot.

Toshiko glanced at her reflection in the trailer's cracked mirror. She grasped the jumpsuit zipper that currently dangled at her waist and zipped it all the way up to her neck.

She knelt down and laced up one boot, then the other. Standing up again, she brushed some loose strands of dark hair from her eyes and beamed at her reflection.

"I've donned a lot of disguises in my time," she said. "Worn a lot of uniforms that didn't legally belong to me. But this..." Her eyes flickered. "This might be the best-fitting uniform I've ever stolen."

She turned and looked across the trailer to the room's sole other occupant. Candice was currently seated on the floor, her wrists secured to a table leg with white ribbon tape. Her ankles were likewise secured in front of her, and a thick strip of cheesecloth had been wound multiple times around her mouth. Her attire now consisted of an umber demicup bra and light green lace panties. She was now awake, and looking fearfully at her captress.

Toshiko walked over to the woman and knelt down, causing the fearful pilot to shrink back. "Hey... hey, honey, it's okay... I won't hurt you... not anymore, I promise."

Candice blinked, rapidly. Toshiko could see there were tears forming in her eyes.

Toshiko nodded understandingly. "I get it... really, I do. You think I'm evil. Well..." She paused. "...maybe you're right."

She sighed. "For years, I've hurt a lot of innocent people... and I enjoyed it. I was cruel, I was malicious. And I had fun. And I didn't care about the consequences."

Candice watched, silent, as Toshiko gazed wistfully down at the floor.

"But just last week... Last week, I met my sister. A sister I had not seen in years. And she had a job, and a house, and a wife who loved her. She seemed to have everything.

"Yet she took me in, and helped me. She hid me from the police and offered to help me escape. And her wife... her wife seemed like a wimp... never wanting to hurt anyone. Yet she made my sister the happiest she'd ever been.

"It's only now - now that I've narrowly escaped a bitter death, rescued by those two - that I realize how awful I've been. To my sister, to her wife, to my coworkers... to everyone."

Toshiko glanced at her watch. "Goodness, the time... I'd love to stay and unburden myself further, but I need to get going... I need your plane and all... But I must say, it's quite liberating to unburden myself to someone who's willing to listen, and not make judgmental comments." She grinned. "Not like you've had a choice... but still."

She leaned over and gave Candice a brief kiss on the forehead. "Good luck, honey... I sincerely hope you don't lose your job for this."

Smiling once more at the tearful and puzzled Candice, Toshiko placed the helmet over her head and walked out of the trailer.

"That took a while," Atsuko observed as Toshiko rejoined them on the tarmac. "You're usually so quick at disguising yourself."

"Guess I had to do a lot of work," Toshiko smiled. Then she glanced at the plane that lingered on the runway.

"So... I guess this is goodbye."

Atsuko hugged her sister. "You be safe, okay? Wherever you go... please be safe."

"I will," Toshiko nodded. "And sis..."

"Yeah?"

"You've got a good life... Don't take it for granted. And don't fall in with any bad crowds... I don't want Mom dealing with two criminal daughters."

Atsuko chuckled, a bit sympathetically. "I'll remember that."

Carolyn stood awkwardly to the side, watching the two sisters reconcile.

Toshiko approached her. "Red... I mean, Carolyn... it's been good to meet you."

Carolyn blinked. "It... I mean, you too," she half-mumbled.

"I don't agree with your approach on everything," Toshiko admitted, "but you're one of the most good-hearted women I've ever known. And if it wasn't for your sympathy, your love for my sister... I'd be dead."

Carolyn looked surprised. Then she blushed. "I... I just wanted..."

"...just wanted to make Atsuko happy, I know," Toshiko finished. "And that's why you're special, Carolyn. You care for her in a way that no one else does. Keep it up. Keep her safe... And keep yourself safe as well."

She embraced Carolyn, and the two shared a brief hug.

"Be... be safe, okay?" Carolyn said.

"Always."

With another wave to her sister, Toshiko approached the plane. She adjusted her helmet and climbed up into the cockpit.

"Flight 226," a crackling voice on the radio said. "Are you cleared for takeoff?"

Toshiko brushed a tear from her eye.

"Yeah," she said. "Yes, I am."

Within minutes, she was cruising the runway.

Atsuko and Carolyn watched as Toshiko's plane lifted into the air, then carried her to the sky... to the clouds... to freedom.

Atsuko sighed as she watched the plane disappear from sight.

Carolyn squeezed her hand. "She'll be okay."

"I'll see her again someday... won't I?" Atsuko looked wistful.

Carolyn nodded. "We will... don't worry."

Atsuko smiled and squeezed her wife's hand back. "Come on... let's go home."

Sloane pulled the van to the curb, just across the street from a quiet-looking bar. She took a deep breath and smiled.

It felt good... revenge felt good. Toshiko had crossed her and paid the price. Pity about the other Olive and her friends... but Sloane had too much to worry about to waste any tears.

For now, she was still wanted by the law. A quick drink, then, to calm her nerves; after that, she would flee to the state border. She'd be in Georgia before nightfall.

Sloane entered the bar, which indeed was empty at this early-afternoon hour. The only other person there was a barmaid, polishing the countertop with a dishrag.

The barmaid wore a short-sleeved white button-down shirt with a red bowtie, a black skirt with dark green apron, and comfortable black slip-on shoes. She had light skin and sandy-brown hair, done up into a braided ponytail. She smiled at Sloane.

"First customer of the afternoon. What can I get ya?"

Sloane sat herself on one of the stools. "Scotch on the rocks, with a twist."

The barmaid flashed her a smile of gleaming white teeth, tucking the dishrag into her apron. "Sure thing, hon."

She turned around to the back bar and began preparing the drink. As she did so, she began to whistle the jaunty tune of "Toreador".

Sloane grit her teeth. She hated whistling.

Still, it would do no good for her to raise a scene when all she wanted was a drink. Trying to ignore the irritating tune, she took out a notepad and began scrawling down the names and numbers of her contacts from memory.

Thus preoccupied, she did not notice as a police car passed by the bar, pulling to a stop a few spots ahead.

Bianca and Vonda stepped out of the car, attempting a professional walk to match their recently acquired police uniforms.

At Bianca's beckoning, Vonda followed her into the alley at the side of the bar. They peeked through one of the grime-crusted windows.

"Target sighted," Bianca whispered. Sloane still had her eyes trained on the notepad.

Vonda adjusted her belt. "Should we go arrest her?"

Bianca considered. "She still probably has her gun... and the moment she sees our police uniforms, she'll start firing. The direct approach may not be the best approach."

"Then what do you recommend?"

Bianca glanced through the window again. The barmaid had just set a drink down in front of Sloane.

"Enjoy your drink, hon," she told Sloane. "Excuse me for a minute... Gonna grab a quick smoke before the shift gets busy."

She stepped away from the counter and headed for the back exit. Sloane remained at her stool, sipping the drink.

A crafty smile spread across Bianca's lips.

She turned back to Vonda. "I've got a plan."

The barmaid stepped out through the back exit of the tavern, breathing in the fresh air. Well... as fresh as could be, under the circumstances - the atmosphere carried a peculiar mix of beer, oil, and the aromas of a nearby dumpster.

The barmaid wrinkled her nose. "That's life in the city," she muttered, reaching for the cigarettes in her apron. "Shoulda gotten an office job."

She lit the cigarette and took a few puffs, the crook of her elbow resting on her other hand. Her back turned to the alleyway, she did not notice the two women watching her.

Bianca prepared to sneak up on the unsuspecting brunette, but she felt a hand on her shoulder. Vonda pointed at herself and mouthed the words Let me try.

Bianca nodded and stepped aside, mouthing By all means in response.

Carefully, quietly, Vonda crept up behind the barmaid. Not a sound, not a false motion.

A gust of wind blew the smoke from the cigarette into Vonda's face. Vonda was about to gag in response, but she held back. Any sound would alert the barmaid - and likely Sloane as well.

Shaking off the effects of the smoke, Vonda slipped a hand over the barmaid's mouth, then pulled the surprised girl off-balance.

The barmaid struggled, dropping her cigarette and trying to reach back and grab her assailant. Vonda ignored her flailing hands and applied pressure to the back of the woman's neck.

The barmaid continued to struggle for what seemed like eternity, but was in actuality about twenty seconds. Then her eyelids fluttered closed, and her arms fell limply to her sides.

Vonda lowered the poor woman to the ground as Bianca walked over.

"Bravo, Vond," Bianca whispered. "She looks about your size."

It was the third time in the last few hours that Vonda found herself stripping the uniform of an unconscious woman, and although the process was still quite new to her, she had to admit that she was starting to get used to it. Being around Bianca - who had stolen several uniforms in the past - made the unfamiliar technique feel more traditional and less awkward.

Beneath her uniform and apron, the barmaid wore a rather plain white comfort bra and grey hipster panties.

"She could use a few style tips," Vonda remarked.

"Maybe she just likes to keep things simple," Bianca responded. "Not everyone goes for the colorful stuff."

Vonda nodded. "Mind tying her up while I get into her clothes?"

"But of course." Bianca eyed a discarded roll of cables in the alley. "Those should do nicely."

They did quite nicely indeed. Before long the barmaid was bound hand and foot with dark blue cables. Her dishcloth had been repurposed as a silencing gag.

"That should keep her quiet... and out of harm's way," Bianca whispered as she dragged the barmaid behind the nearby dumpster. "You ready?"

By now, Vonda had pulled on the pants, fastened the apron around her waist, and laced up the shoes. She buttoned the white shirt up to her neck and secured the bowtie at the collar. "All set."

Sloane was just finishing her drink as Vonda stepped back into the bar. The disguised woman held her breath apprehensively - would Sloane recognize her?

But thankfully, Sloane was concentrating on her notepad, and did not look up. Spotting the uniform out of the corner of her eye, she assumed the initial barmaid had returned from her smoking break.

"One more," Sloane stated, holding out her glass. Her eyes remained focused on the pad.

Vonda grinned. "Sure thing, hon," she said in her best imitation of the real barmaid's voice.

She turned her back on Sloane and began mixing drinks at the counter. Something strong, perhaps... to dull Sloane's senses.

Sloane continued to scrawl things on her notepad, but then stopped suddenly. Something was wrong.

She looked up. The barmaid had her back turned, but appeared to be the same woman who had served her before.

But something was different...

The whistling! This woman was not whistling while she worked. Sloane's eyes narrowed.

Vonda had just finished mixing a strong concoction of vodka when she heard a clicking sound.

"Turn around, slowly," Sloane ordered.

Vonda gulped. She turned to see an angry Sloane pointing a gun at her head.

"Well, well... Hello, Vonda. I see you survived our earlier encounter. Trying to set a trap, eh?"

Vonda tried to stall. "Wait... I... I..."

Sloane's lips curled into a snarl. "Does that mean that Toshiko survived, too? That woman refuses to die..."

From the exit, where she was hiding, Bianca gasped - perhaps a little too loudly. She tried reaching for her gun, but Sloane was faster. She pulled a second pistol and pointed it at Bianca.

"Dear, dear... I suppose where there's one idiot, there's bound to be another. Come on out, little girl."

Bianca emerged, hands raised.

"You're under arrest, Sloane," she said defiantly. "Give up while you can."

Sloane laughed. "You're in no position to be making threats, dear girl," she said. "I'm not sure how you're still alive, but I'll remedy that situation immediately."

She turned back to Vonda. "Starting with you..."

"No, wait..." Vonda couldn't find the words. She shut her eyes.

THWAK!

Sloane blinked. Then her eyes rolled back and she fell to the ground.

Vonda and Bianca both looked up to see another woman standing above the unconscious Sloane, slightly shaken, holding a large plank of wood in her hands.

"Olive!" they both shouted.

"Hey, guys," Olive smiled. "I felt bad about leaving you... didn't know if you still needed me..."

"We sure as hell did!" Bianca bounded over and hugged her friend. "You kick ass, girl!"

Vonda vaulted over the counter and joined the hug. "You're amazing, Olive."

Olive smiled. "Couldn't be, without you two."

She looked down at Sloane. "Come on, let's get her handcuffed and leave her for the police. The real police," she added, eyeing Bianca's uniform.

Bianca chuckled. "Great idea."

Soon, Sloane was double-cuffed to a heavy metal bar affixed to the oaken counter. Bianca left an anonymous tip to the authorities.

Before long, the three friends were on their way.

"So," Bianca turned to Vonda, "are you glad you joined us?"

"I am," Vonda replied. "I learned a lot today. And I had fun with a new disguise technique I had never tried before."

"Think you'll ever try it again?" Olive asked.

Vonda smiled thoughtfully. "Should the need arise..."

EPILOGUE:

Atsuko returned to work at Cerberus the next morning, humming to herself.

She was happy. Carolyn was happy. They had had a wonderful night. They had talked. They had laughed. And they had done so much more...

Atsuko smiled at her coworkers as she strode down the hall. Even though Valencia Steele had been arrested, Atsuko's job had remained intact - along with Audrey, she had been moved to the company's general phone banks. It was a different job, but one she had quickly grown accustomed to.

Atsuko continued to hum to herself as she walked down an empty side hallway - a shortcut to the main office. She stopped short as the door to a supply closet opened in front of her. Two tall women in factory uniforms - blue-green jumpsuits, knee-high black PVC boots, and green baseball caps emblazoned with the company logo - stepped out. One of them, a tan-skinned brunette, was buttoning up the top button of her uniform; the other, a light-skinned blonde, was hastily tucking her pant legs into her boots.

Upon seeing Atsuko, the brunette stopped short, causing the blonde to bump into her.

"Oh! Sorry, miss. Didn't see you there... We were just... er, that is..." The brunette looked rather nervous.

Atsuko chuckled. "Having some 'quality time' with your girlfriend, eh?" she grinned. "That's okay, I can relate."

"G-girlfriend?"

"Don't worry, i won't report you," Atsuko assured them, continuing on her way. "Just try not to fool around too much during work hours. The next person who spots you two exiting a closet might not be as understanding as I am."

"Er... thank you, miss..."

The two tall women waited until Atsuko had rounded the corner, and her footfalls had faded into the distance. Then they both exhaled in relief.

"That was way too close," Sonja breathed.

"Too true," Chandra agreed. "Thank goodness she thought we were lesbians."

Sonja laughed. "Such a perfect cover."

"The point is, we got careless," Chandra noted. "We're so used to this building from last time..."

Sonja peeked back into the closet. "We're still in the clear, though. And I don't think our Sleeping Beauties will be up for a while."

Sonja referred to the two muscular and unconscious women currently seated on the floor of the closet - the real factory workers, who had involuntarily given up their clothing in exchange for a long nap. Both had been bound tightly with grey ropes and gagged with black hockey-stick tape. One of them, a broad-shouldered woman with dark skin and light brown hair, wore a violet plunge bra and turquoise panties. The other, a tall woman with pale skin and dark red hair, wore a marigold T-shirt bra and black boyshorts.

"So glad they're getting more creative," Sonja remarked.

"Meaning?"

"The last time we mugged a pair of Cerberus employees for their uniforms, their underwear was pretty bland... These two are a bit more creative."

Chandra rolled her eyes. "Can we focus on the job? Don't want to get caught."

Sonja nodded and closed the closet door. "Sorry. Let's go."

The two women strode down the long white hallway, nodding politely at other workers who passed by.

"Here we are," Chandra whispered as they reached Valencia Steele's office.

"Think we'll find something?" Sonja asked, keeping lookout.

"I don't know," Chandra admitted, using a couple of hairpins to pick the lock. "But we're almost out of options. It's worth a shot."

The two bodyguards of Lucille van Doren had heard about Valencia's arrest on the news. Suspecting that Valencia had helped coordinate Lucille's arrest and incarceration, Sonja and Chandra had decided to infiltrate the facility, break into her office and dig up some leads.

The locks proved no match for Chandra's skills, and soon the two women were inside.

"I'll take her computer," Chandra said. "You stand watch."

Sonja shrugged. "It's what I always do."

There was only a hint of jealousy in her voice. As a former SVR officer in Russia before emigrating to the USA, Sonja was skilled in multiple forms of combat, infiltration, and disguise. But Chandra was almost certainly the brainier of the duo - she was a former IT specialist, and her technical skills meant that she never met a computer she couldn't hack.

Within moments, Chandra had bypassed the computer's firewall and was busy scanning the files. But as the minutes ticked by, the spark in her eyes slowly dimmed, and the lines in her brow increased.

"No luck?" Sonja asked.

"Most of Valencia's files have been wiped clean," Chandra said, gritting her teeth. "It must have been a fail-safe program, in case she got arrested. I could try to piece together some info based on what's left, but it could take hours, and even then..."

Sonja sighed. "Let's go home."

The two women trudged slowly back down the hall, tired and dejected. They exited the building and headed for their car.

Chandra was glum as she drove back to their hideout. Sonja sat in the passenger seat, looking ponderous.

The two friends sat in silence for a few minutes. Then Sonja spoke.

"I was a little girl," she said. "I was very young when the Soviet Union fell. But I remember the smiles... the parades... the tears in my mother's eyes. I had never seen her so happy. She took me by the hand and said 'Malyshka, remember this - when the people want justice enough, it is given to them'."

"Sounds like a lovely Hallmark card," Chandra deadpanned.

Sonja laughed. "Okay, maybe it doesn't translate as well into English... My point is, we shouldn't give up."

"I wish I shared your optimism," the Indian woman sighed. "But what's the use? Every way we turn, another brick wall. Eventually, the police will find us. We've got no place to turn." Her fingers tightened on the steering wheel. "I'd love to get my hands on those women who tied us up back at the river... They're the reason we're running from the law..."

She pulled the car behind the small abandoned shed that doubled as their temporary hideaway. "Sorry if I sound bitter... it's been a rough week."

"You don't have to tell me," Sonja agreed as they stepped into the shed.

Chandra stopped short. "Say, what's this? I thought I locked the door..."

"Hello, girls."

Chandra and Sonja looked up in shock.

Seated at the table in the middle of the room was a slim Asian woman with long dark hair. Standing beside her was a taller woman with dark blonde hair and a stoic demeanor.

"Who the hell...?" Sonja started to ask, clenching her fists.

"No cause for alarm," the dark-haired woman smiled. "We're all friends here... I hope."

"Who are you?" Chandra asked apprehensively.

The woman stood and extended her hand. "Dr. Julia Chen. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Chandra didn't reciprocate. "What are you doing here? I warn you, my friend and I are well-trained in unarmed combat..."

"There's no need for violence," Dr. Chen replied. "Lucinda, if you please?"

The blonde handed her a small manila folder. Dr. Chen handed it to Chandra. "Take a look, tell me if you recognize anyone."

Chandra eyed the woman suspiciously, but opened the folder. Inside were some photos of a few different women.

Chandra and Sonja raised their eyebrows as they observed the first photo - a dark-skinned, dark-haired woman exiting a red-brick city building.

"That's the woman from the river," Chandra said.

"And the one from the nightclub," Sonja added.

Dr. Chen smiled. "Perfect."

"Who is this woman?" Chandra demanded. "What's her name? Where can we find her?"

"Slow down, girls," Dr. Chen said. "Her name is Bridget Baxter. She's a reporter who can't keep her nose out of places it doesn't belong. And she's caused me quite a few headaches over the last few months."

"Same here," Sonja nodded.

"I'm putting together... a team," Dr. Chen continued. "With the express goal of removing Bridget and her meddling friends from circulation... permanently."

She gestured at her accomplice. "Lucinda was able to trace her business contacts at Cerberus to you... And we're going to find more. More women who would love nothing more than to see Bridget and her bratty friends dead and buried. Would you like to join?"

Chandra and Sonja exchanged a glance. They were wanted criminals... with no friends... and they had Bridget to blame for their current situation.

Chandra grinned as she turned back to Dr. Chen. "When do we start?"

THE END
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

teasing finale! :D

many thanks for having completed this new story of yours, mr Tirepanted ...

...and for the implicit promise of a new one !
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Beautiful opening with Olive, her character and personality shined through straight away, also as long as she steals one outfit a day she'll be fine after all. "A USB a day keeps the doctor away." ;)

Toshiko's ways of how she lures the women away for their uniforms always makes me smile as either she comes up with a clever innuendo or her unknowingly uniform donors end up doing it for her, it's cool to see. :D

Haha, I see even Vonda had to explain to her victim that today was her first day on the USB job. :lol: In all fairness though she's doing absolutely great, she just needs a little more time and little more practice and I'm sure she'll be one hell of an infiltrator and I look forward to seeing that day as it's an absolute treat going on this journey with her from USB rookie to USB veteran. :D

Well it was bound to happen to Toshiko, she's stolen so many uniforms that sooner or later she'd find the one that fitted her exact measurements for pure comfort. :) But this was just the beginning, seeing her entire monologue afterwards was magnificent, I know some might wonder why she said all this to just a simple USB victim but I understand it perfectly, I guess she just felt that by saying this to a complete stranger, then it might flow more easily and give her some comfort in getting it all off her chest. Amazing scene, expertly written, nicely done. :D

Once again you never failed to disappoint with the great relationship of Carolyn and Atsuko, truly an amazing and powerful couple. :D

Well how about that, I spoke too soon as it seems Vonda is a fast learner, I liked the fact that Sloane quickly deduced the barmaid had been replaced purely by the fact she wasn't whistling, she's a heck of a veteran in that sense and that is one of the reasons why I respect her. :D

HAHA :lol: Fantastic work with the entire opening part of this epilogue, Atsuko's accidental assumption of Chandra and Sonja was awesome, truly a fun little scene. :D

Truly an amazing set for your next story ARC and now with the return of Dr. Chen, things are really going to get interesting. :D

Once again you created another amazing ARC, I loved all the characters and it was amazing seeing them go all through their highs and their lows, naturally the USB scene's themselves are first class and absolute perfection as per usual. The story itself was very well paced and di not feel rushed while at the same time it wasn't filled with unnecessary fillers, as every part of every chapter has pivotal points that were crucial to the overall story. :D

This truly was an incredible ARC and of course I'm very excited to see the next inevitable next story ARC. :D :D

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”