Volume 4: A Most Wanted Woman

tirepanted3

Re: To Steal a Spacesuit, Vol. 4: A Most Wanted Woman

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks for the detailed feedback, guys! :)

Rufusluciusivan: I do enjoy when uniform thieves run into trouble due to their disguises, and this scenario presented a good opportunity. Plus, it gave Bridget the chance to find another disguise. ;) As the stories reach their climax, they grow plottier and uniform stealing scenes become more difficult to incorporate, so I was happy to find a few opportunities.

Humanizing Lucinda and Meredith has been a rewarding venture. I wanted to introduce them as cold, cruel villains and then deepen them by developing their relationship, so I'm glad that's worked. Atsuko and Carolyn have also been great characters to write - incorporating more grounded characters who only reluctantly steal uniforms out of necessity provides an important balance to the stories.

I know what you mean about Karima and Farah's escape feeling contrived. I originally wanted this to be their final showdown, but wanted to develop their relationship just a bit more and show Karima's (slightly) more human side. That said, we'll see how much longer they can stay free.

Trackman: The action scenes are nearly as much fun to write as the character interactions and uniform steals. Just a good way for the story to blow off some steam. And in this case, to fully cement Zuhal's status as a "good guy" (or at least not as evil as she once was).

I think I've done the "bus driver in the overhead compartment" thing before (it's what happened to Carolyn in Vol. 2, as well as a few other stories), but it's definitely an underused trope. If you've got extra storage space, might as well use it.

Admittedly, Carolyn was originally meant as a one-off character who was mugged for her bus driver uniform... I felt sorry for her and decided to bring her back. Glad to see she's grown so popular. :)

Volume 4 is almost over - just need to tie up all the main story threads and provide an epilogue. Some of these storylines will continue into Volume 5 (which I think may be the final volume in the series).
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

first of all, Tirepanted, thanks for this new installment.
I admit it I was delaying my comment , because I am still trying to draw the scene with the blue SUV at the Steele mansion... it's irresistible, and I want it in my collection of Tirepanyted cars and vehicles... ;) ...but after many attempts I gave up

Carolyn Atsuko and Toshiko at the Valencia building give life to a fantastic scene with the hispanic Maid and the guard, but the problem of the guard outfit is an insurmountable obstacle...lavender jumpsuit and green elbow-length gloves and knee-high boots.

...where did you take the inspiration from? :shock:

but I will try again I must have that scene !

another wonderful detail...the white clogs of the maid. Please define "clogs"; and explain why they are still on her feet when the poor maid is carried on the shoulder by Toshiko :D

wow these clogs. Please write more scenes like this one!
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

As I think everyone knows by now, my favorite scenarios involve female guards being knocked out and having their uniform stolen. Therefore, I of course was glad to see that in this chapter. And the scene had so many nice touches!

First off, I like the uniform the guard was wearing. Sounds pretty sexy.

Also love the way the woman is taken out. She goes around to look in the back of the SUV, only has time to be shocked by the people hiding in the back, and then is grabbed and dragged in.

It is also interesting that you don’t actually know what happens. The guard is pulled into vehicle and when they arrive she is already being tied up and has lost her uniform. What is fun is we know given the comment about “when she wakes up” that the woman has been knocked out. We just don’t know exactly what was done to her.

And I love the conversation between Carolyn and Atsuko about how Carolyn feels sorry for the guard who “was doing her job”. And Atsuko saying that it does feel wrong what they did to the woman but it was necessary.

For some reason I find the image of the two women discussing the guard and her fate while she lays there unconscious in her bra and panties tied up kind of sexy.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Wow, I'm glad to see the Toshiko/Carolyn/Atsuko scene is so popular. I'll definitely try to include similar scenes in future stories. :)

Esercito: I rarely draw direct inspiration for uniforms from any specific source. But I quite enjoy all the cartoons and comic books where the villains have a cadre of henchwomen who all dress in identical jumpsuits. I decided to add them in this series. (These guards previously appeared in Volume 3, when several of them were mugged for their uniforms.)

As for the clogs, they're generally slip-on shoes with wooden heels, sometimes worn by maidservants and other staff. I thought it would be interesting to define the difference in Valencia's staff in their footwear - her less-respected employees have to wear less comfortable shoes. Valencia's chefs in Volume 3 (mugged for their clothes by Yasmin and Sabira) also wore clogs at work. They usually stay on the feet, even if the wearer is being carried over someone else's shoulder. ;)

I won't feel bad if you don't make the picture. You've made plenty of great illustrations of my stories already. I appreciate all your efforts to give my stories a visual feel. :D

Meditions: Yes, I know you love scenarios with female guards. Fortunately, these stories provide plenty of opportunity for that. ;)

I also love offscreen knockouts - sometimes it's best to leave things to the imagination. Plus, I like the idea of the muggers stripping and tying up a victim while in a moving car. It shows that they can multi-task. :lol:

Carolyn and Atsuko are really interesting to write. Not as funny as some of the other characters, but I think it's good to have a few women who view uniform stealing a little more delicately.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Many thanks Tirepanted :D

Of course I know what clogs are,- in my Country at least the nurse clogs are identified directly from their English name

The real issue is which kind of clogs are these depicted in the scene :P

The point is that impossible they don't slip away when the body is carried on the shoulder :)

I love when they slip :oops:

Please nevermind this is a thing of mine :P

Basically I can't stop thinking about it :lol:
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

TP, This story is immense!
I just got started on it. Forgive me for taking so long to getting around to reading it.
You always checkout my comics almost right away and comment too.
Give me some time to read this giant story. Looking forward to it though.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Esercito: No worries! I'm gad you found the clogs to be an interesting detail; I like to add in these types of details to give the stories some extra flavor.

Darth: Yes, it is a massive story - it's difficult to keep track of so many plotlines and characters, but I'm trying my best. Take your time reading, and I hope you enjoy. :)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Lucia couldn't understand it. She had paid well for the Saboteuses. She had hired them for some easy sabotage. Yet nothing had happened.

And here she stood in the Opals' locker room, wondering what her next move was. She looked around at the five color guard girls chatting with one another... Wait... Why only five?

"Has anyone seen Gemma or Paulette?" she asked.

The girls looked at their coach, then looked around in puzzlement.

"I think they went to the bathroom," Mina, a tall, freckle-faced redhead offered. "But that was... twenty minutes ago?"

Worry lines creased Lucia's brow. There was something suspicious going on at this stadium. She could sense it.

But should she call the police? After all, she had committed a crime as well, by hiring Toshiko and her goons. There was certain danger in alerting the authorities.

As she pondered her situation, a knock came at the locker room door.

Cindra, an athletic girl with dark skin and hair, opened the door. A smiling woman in catering uniform pushed a drinks cart into the room.

"Good day, ladies," she announced. "My employers thought you'd like some fruit punch before heading back onto the field."

The girls exchanged glances, and their faces brightened. "Hell yes, we would!" Mina grinned.

"Not too much, girls," Lucia said as the athletes crowded around the cart. "We want to keep those bodies fit."

Still, she couldn't resist taking a cup for herself.

As the girls took generous sips from the tall plastic cups, Karima snuck a glance at her watch. The drug would go into effect in a matter of minutes.

Once all the girls had taken their choice of drink, Karima backed the cart out of the room. "Enjoy, ladies," she called, trying to hide her sinister grin.

She had revisited the Maples' locker room a few minutes earlier, supplying them with generous levels of drink as well. The Tigresses, however, were not in their locker room - presumably, they had chosen to remain out on the field.

"Oh well... best not to get greedy," Karima mused. She returned to the Maples' locker room and peeked inside.

A smile spread across her lips. Sprawled across the floor were six young women in orange leotards - plus a sweatsuited Coach Annette. All were fast asleep.

"Guess they really enjoyed that punch," Karima chuckled.

A voice from behind her: "Let's see if you enjoy mine."

Karima turned, but not quickly enough. The fist hit her jaw hard, and she slammed into the drinks cart. It tipped over, spilling fruit juice across the floor.

Shaking off her feelings of dizziness, she looked up - into a face she had grown to hate.

"Bridget Baxter..." she sneered. "I'd heard you were still alive... Still poking your nose where it didn't belong."

Bridget glared at her. "And I'd heard you were still a murderous thug," she said. "But this... Drugging athletes? That seems beneath even you."

"You wouldn't understand," Karima muttered. "So why bother to explain..."

She lashed out with her foot. Bridget jumped back... and stepped right into a puddle of fruit punch. She slipped and hit the ground with a light but painful splash.

"Clumsy, clumsy..." Karima pounced. Before Bridget could react, Karima had wrapped a viselike arm around her throat.

"You know what annoys me," Karima said tersely, tightening her grip as she pinned Bridget to the floor with her knee. "It annoys me when goody-two-shoes reporters refuse to die."

Bridget tried to lift herself up, but Karima shifted her weight to keep her pinned down.

"You've been lucky, Baxter," she sneered. "Every time we've met in the past, you've managed to escape with your life... But no woman's luck lasts forever."

Carolyn felt highly uncomfortable in the maid uniform. It wasn't just because of the fit (though it was a bit tight, and her feet would ache for days). It wasn't because of the color (though she never cared for blue). It wasn't even because of the way Toshiko had left the original maid, bound and gagged and sleeping in the trunk of their car (though Carolyn still felt sorry for her).

No, it was because Carolyn had worked as a maid years ago, and didn't much care for the job. It seemed as though everyone looked down on you, treated you as lower-class. Eventually, she had quit the profession, vowing never to don the uniform again. And she had kept that vow until today.

"Stop looking so nervous," Toshiko whispered. "You're going to blow our cover."

The taller woman, perfectly at ease in her surroundings, was posing as the guard leading Atsuko through the mansion, while Carolyn followed a few steps behind, trying to play the part of the maid. So far, the disguises had worked... but now they approached the tougher part.

Toshiko and Atsuko reached the door to Valencia Steele's room. Two female guards flanked the door, attired in similar uniforms to the one Toshiko had stolen - albeit with the reversed colors of green bodysuit and lavender gloves and boots. One was light-skinned with her hair in a short blonde ponytail; the other dark-skinned with her black hair in a crew cut.

"This woman is here to see Madame Steele," Toshiko announced.

It was a risk - what if the guards asked to see Toshiko's security ID? After the kerfuffle at the grounds the prior week, all security personnel were required to carry photo IDs in their belts. If a guard got her uniform stolen again, the impostor would be easy to expose.

Fortunately, the guards did not bother asking Toshiko for ID - they recognized Atsuko from her prior visits to the mansion, and did not suspect anything out of the ordinary. The blonde-haired guard turned and knocked on the door.

"Atsuko here to see you, Madame," she called.

A moment passed, and Valencia stuck her head out. She looked a bit surprised. "I thought you weren't scheduled for your next visit until Monday."

Atsuko smiled. "Sorry, boss... it was an emergency, and I couldn't talk over the phone."

"Emergency? What about?"

Atsuko had prepared a story in advance, and hoped Valencia would buy it. "It's Audrey... She's been around the office whispering some ugly rumors about you... Perhaps she blames you for what happened to Lucille."

Valencia's eyes narrowed. "Audrey... I knew that bitch would be trouble." She looked around. "Follow me... We'll discuss things in my study."

She and Atsuko disappeared down the hall. Toshiko followed them.

The two guards remained stationed outside the room, looking a bit bored.

"Such a dull job," the brunette complained. "Just standing here for hours. Nothing ever happens."

"Be glad about that," the blonde chided. "Don't you remember what happened last week? The two previous guards stationed here were ambushed, had their uniforms stolen. They got fired for that."

"Amateurs," the brunette scoffed. "if you can't even handle a simple job like this, you deserve to get your clothes stolen."

From the far end of the hall, Carolyn took a deep breath. "You can do this, girl..."

She approached Valencia's now-empty room and smiled at the guards. "Madame asked me to change her sheets."

The guards looked at one another.

"Do you have ID?" the blonde asked suspiciously.

Carolyn gulped. "I... er..."

The brunette guard laughed. "She's joking, honey. No need for the maidservants to carry around ID. They're totally harmless."

"I dunno, Kelly," the blonde interjected, a smirk on her face. "That feather duster she's carrying looks pretty dangerous."

The brunette simply shook her head. "Oh, stop teasing the little girl."

"Go on in, honeycakes," the blonde gestured to Carolyn. "Try not to hurt yourself dusting, okay?"

Kelly chuckled. "Addison, you're terrible."

Feeling a bit humiliated, Carolyn quickly entered the doorway.

Once inside, the door shut behind her, Carolyn began looking around. She remembered Toshiko's words. "Look around for something... anything suspicious, that could implicate Valencia in a crime."

Carolyn scanned the room... The drawers... the chest... the cabinet... So many places to search, so little time.

A soft thumping noise caught her ears. It was coming from the large walk-in closet.

Approaching the closet, Carolyn swung the doors open. She looked down to see two tall and muscled women seated on the floor of the closet. The blonde wore a navy-colored sports bra and orange floral bikini panties, while the brunette had a teal underwire bra and blue boyshorts. Both women were bound with ropes and gagged with thick layers of blue cloth.

"This seems suspicious," Carolyn intoned.

"Just a few more moments," Karima smiled, tightening her hold around Bridget's neck. "Hope you've had a nice life."

Bridget's struggles were growing weaker. Her fingers clawed at Karima's arms, scratching the skin.

Karima simply laughed. "Oh, honey. You're treating this like a catfight? Then you've already lost."

Bridget could feel her limbs going rubbery. Her lungs were nearly empty.

"Another few moments," Karima smiled. "Then I'll go after Felicia... Bobbi... all your friends and loved ones. It will be so very much fun..."

Suddenly, she paused. "What... wha..."

Her grip loosened, slightly. Her head was beginning to spin. "What... what the hell is..."

She looked down at her arms. Where Bridget had scratched her. Then she glanced at Bridget's fingers.

The fingers... the hands... were wet. Wet where Bridget had fallen into the puddle. The puddle of drinks... of drugged drinks...

"Are... are you kidding me?" Karima dropped Bridget and stared at her arm. "No... no!"

She was feeling woozy... exhausted. Farah's drug was working fast.

Gasping for breath, Bridget glanced up at her. A small smile spread across her face. "Something the matter?"

"You... you!" Karima fumbled around in her waistcoat. "I... I won't let you win!"

She pulled out a gun. "Say good night, bitch!"

An elbow slammed into her head. Karima fell to the floor.

"Good night, bitch," Felicia said.

Bridget immediately brightened. "Felicia, you're okay!"

The young redhead helped her mentor to her feet, as Zuhal rushed to meet them.

"Where's Bobbi?" Bridget asked.

"Just tying up some loose ends," Felicia chuckled. "She'll be along shortly."

"Looks like you've been having some fun of your own." Zuhal nodded at Bridget and glanced down at the dazed Karima.

"I certainly wouldn't call nearly getting killed by a crazy criminal fun," Bridget replied. "But getting saved by my best friend... that's definitely a lot of fun." She embraced Felicia in a warm hug.

"Hey, you've saved my ass multiple times," Felicia smiled back. "I like to return the favor once in a while."

From the floor, Karima coughed. "You think you've won... I'll kill you all... I'll... uurgghhhh..." She drifted off as the drug finally took effect.

"Sounds like someone's taking their naptime," Zuhal observed.

"And not a moment too soon," Felicia noted. "Now there's just the manner of her cousin to deal with."

"Cousin?" Bridget asked. "Karima's in the family business?"

"In a manner of speaking," Felicia explained. "The girl's name is Farah. She's young... but crafty. We'll need a plan to stop her."

"Already got one," Zuhal smiled. "Karima's about my size. Think you can strip her of that catering uniform?"

Bridget's eyes brightened. "I think I know where you're headed with this..."

"Who are you?" Carolyn asked.

Mallory coughed, her gag now removed. "We're FBI agents. Came to this mansion a few nights ago, as part of a routine operation."

"We were ambushed," Tessa added as Carolyn untied her wrists. "Had our clothes stolen. We've been captives of this insane woman ever since."

"She needs to pay for this," Mallory said through gritted teeth. "She's a criminal... in more ways than one. We've heard her through the closet door... on the phone, involved in calls about all sorts of illegal dealings. She needs to pay."

Tessa stood, rubbing her wrists. "Let's go find her. This is her home, correct? Should be easy."

"Yeah..." Mallory agreed. "Although we're not in a great position to go wandering around." She gestured to her underwear. "This place is probably crawling with security. We don't want anyone raising the alarm before we have Valencia Steele in handcuffs."

"Good point." Tessa looked around the closet. "Valencia's clothes are a little too small for us, though..."

Carolyn thought for a moment, then brightened. "Actually... there are a pair of guards stationed right outside the door. They look about your size."

"Perfect." Mallory cracked her knuckles. "Mind calling them in here?"

Carolyn nodded. "Wait here."

She exited the closet, headed for the room entrance. She wasn't entirely comfortable with stealing the clothes of other women... but on the other hand, the two guards had been rather rude to her... so perhaps a lesson was called for...

Kelly and Addison were still somewhat bored as they stood outside the doorway. Kelly rocked back and forth on their heels.

The door opened, and Carolyn poked her head out. "Excuse me," she said. "There appears to be a... a dead rat in the closet."

Addison chuckled. "A rat? Girl, are you afraid?"

Carolyn tried to look meek - not a difficult task for her. "A... a little. Could you take care of it?"

Kelly wrinkled her nose. "Gross. I hate those little monsters."

Addison sighed. "Whatever. Show me."

She followed Carolyn into the room; Kelly shut the door, remaining outside.

Carolyn pointed at the dark closet. "There, look..."

Addison sighed and stepped into the closet.

Carolyn immediately shut the door, locking it from the outside.

"What'd you do that for?" Addison's voice could be heard through the oaken door. "Open this... Hey, what..."

Carolyn could hear the sounds of punching and a few muffled grunts emanating through the door. Despite her sour feelings toward Addison, she hoped the woman wasn't being hurt too badly.

All went silent. Carolyn glanced at her watch nervously. She could hear the sounds of whispered discussion, as Tessa and Mallory debated which of them was closer to the guard in size.

Tessa won. She emerged from the closet within minutes, zipping up Addison's green jumpsuit and strutting forth in her boots. She pulled on the gloves as she approached the door.

Kelly heard the door open behind her. She started to turn around. "Well? Did you take care of the rat?"

A hand clapped over her mouth and she was roughly pulled back into the room. "We did," Tessa whispered. "And you're about to join her."

Kelly had no time to react, and barely time to think, before the FBI agent had swiftly judo-chopped her into unconsciousness.

Tessa lay the dark-skinned woman to the floor and began pulling off her boots. Nearby, Mallory had begun tearing up a few bedsheets into proper bonding material.

"Is she the right size?" Mallory asked.

"Pretty close," Tessa replied, pulling off the gloves. "I think these uniforms stretch to fit, anyway."

Mallory nodded. "Hey, Red... what's your name?"

"Me? Oh, um... I'm Carolyn."

"Thanks for the help, Carolyn," Mallory smiled. "But aren't you worried your boss is gonna fire you?"

"Oh, um... I don't work for Valerie. This maid uniform isn't mine... I kind of... stole it."

"It looks great on you, girl," Tessa smiled as she pulled off Kelly's jumpsuit. This left the brunette in a grey cotton sports bra and dark green briefs. "Throw me some of those ropes, Mal. Let's get this girl bundled up."

Mallory obligingly tossed her friend a few torn-up bedsheets. Then she returned to the closet and dragged Addison from it. The unconscious blonde wore a dark pink triangle bra and black boyshorts.

Carolyn watched as Tessa bound and gagged the two guards and secured them back-to-back, while Mallory zipped herself up in Addison's uniform. These two women were professionals... already she felt safer.

"Shall we find Valencia?" Tessa asked.

"Yes, let's do that," Mallory nodded. "You coming, Carolyn?"

The redhead nodded and smiled, a growing note of confidence in her voice. "Yes... yes, I am."

Farah drummed her fingers on the bus dashboard impatiently. She checked her watch for the third time in five minutes.

"Where are you, Karima?" she muttered.

A tap on the door of the bus. Looking up, Farah could make out the hazy image of a woman in a catering uniform on the other side of the glass.

"Took you long enough, cousin," she said, getting up and opening the door. "How many girls have you caught? Eight? Ten? I'll settle for a half-dozen, honestly..."

She stopped talking as the woman in the doorway raised her head, grinning.

"You... you're not Karima!"

"And thank goodness for that," Zuhal chuckled. "Just wearing her clothes to catch you off-guar... ooofff!"

Farah kneed her in the stomach, sending her to the pavement. "Should've killed you before!"

"Live and learn, dollface." Zuhal staggered to her feet. "But we took down your cousin, and now we're taking you down as well."

Farah lunged at her, but Zuhal easily dodged her blow. "You're good, girl. Maybe you could beat me in a fair fight."

Farah tried again, but Zuhal hit her just below the belt. Farah sank to the floor, moaning.

Zuhal swiftly had her in a sleeper hold. "But I don't fight fair."

Felicia and Bridget came running up. Bobbi was not far behind.

"I see my BFFs have arrived," Zuhal smiled. "Say hi to the pretty ladies, Farah."

"...uurgh..." Farah's head lolled back, her eyes fluttering shut.

"Hm. Guess it's her naptime." Zuhal dropped the unconscious Farah and stood up, brushing herself off. "We should tie up this little gas molecule before she wakes up."

"I'll take care of it," Bobbi volunteered. "I mean, if no one else wants to."

"She's all yours," Bridget nodded. "Meanwhile, we need to go retrieve Moira and Prema and get out of here. Felicia, follow me."

The pair had gone, leaving Bobbi and Zuhal alone with their new prisoner. Bobbi looked around. "Gotta be something to tie her up with."

"Use this," Zuhal offered, shedding her waistcoat. "It should tear into strips easily enough."

Bobbi smiled. "Thanks."

As she got to work restraining the slumbering Farah, Zuhal allowed the cool late-morning breeze to wash over her face. "So... we friends now?"

Bobbi looked up. "Sorry?"

"Are we friends? Or do you still think I'm an evil supervillain?"

Bobbi managed a smile. "I mean... I wouldn't call us friends, exactly, but... you're not the murderous bitch you used to be."

Zuhal chuckled. "High praise." She twirled a lock of hair around her finger. "You know... I meant what I said earlier."

"About what?"

"I know you," Zuhal said matter-of-factly. "You enjoy mugging women in a way your friends don't. You like stealing clothes and flexing your dominance over your victims."

Bobbi scowled. "Don't start that again."

"Honey, I'm not criticizing you," Zuhal smiled. "I respect you outlook. Like I said, I was like you when I was your age. The difference is that I didn't heave someone who understood... someone to help channel my more malicious side to good ends. So I fell in with the wrong crowd... became a criminal..."

"I would never do that," Bobbi scoffed.

"'Never' is such a strong word," Zuhal chuckled. She took a small piece of paper and scrawled out a phone number on it, then handed it to Bobbi. "I need to get out of here before the police come, but here's how we can stay in touch." She winked at Bobbi. "If you need some help or advice... and you will... call me."

Bobbi glanced down at the number. "I... I can't... This is ridiculous..." She looked up again.

But Zuhal had already disappeared.

Shaking her head slightly, Bobbi tucked the piece of paper away and resumed her binding of Farah.

Joanna clenched her fists in fury.

She watched as her Tigresses continued to stretch and practice their moves on the field. One of her girls had disappeared over twenty minutes ago... but Joanna did not care about that. She wanted to get on with the competition.

But the Maples and Opals were nowhere to be seen.

And neither was Adelaide. Joanna grit her teeth. She had paid that woman handsomely to sabotage the tournament, and it appeared she had been duped.

"Never should have trusted Natalie," she muttered.

At that moment, the sight of a woman in black-and-white striped uniform caught her eye. Adelaide had returned to the field.

Joanna sidled up to her. "Where the hell have you been?" she whispered. "And where are the other teams? My girls have been waiting forever for the game to resume!"

"Yeah, about that," Adelaide began. "I think my cover may have been blown... So I've been sticking to the shadows, and I need to get out of here... But I don't like leaving a job unfinished."

"You'd better not," Joanna growled. "My team needs to win the tournament. Where are the others? I need them here so I can cheat properly."

"You're in luck," Adelaide smiled. "I just happened to peek in on the locker rooms a minute ago. The Maples and the Opals are all fast asleep."

Joanna's eyes widened. "Does that mean..."

Adelaide nodded. "I don't know how it happened... but I think I can convince the judges that the Tigresses win by default. The real referee would probably call this a foul," Adelaide grinned, "but lucky for you, she's all tied up right now."

Joanna chuckled. "Perfect."

She turned to her team. "Girls... girls! I have some excellent news..."

"Yes, a full tea tray," Valencia said into her phone. "Send it to my study. I may be here a while and could use the nourishment."

She hung up and turned to Atsuko. "Well? What's this all about?"

Valencia was seated at the desk in first-floor study, watching her secretary rifle through some papers in her briefcase. Off to one side stood Toshiko, pretending to guard the study door from inside. In reality, the tall woman was eyeing the large file cabinet situated against the north wall, wondering what sort of incriminating evidence lurked inside.

Atsuko caught her sister's eye, and tried her best to distract Valencia. "Here, boss... This is what I wanted to show you. Cost reports from Vito Investments... I suspect Lucille is conducting more illegal business deals from prison... with Audrey's help."

It was all nonsense, but it held Valencia's attention. The wealthy woman eyed the papers cryptically, her attention fully diverted.

Toshiko quietly made her way over to the filing cabinet, sliding open the top drawer.

"Have you shared this with anyone else?" Valencia asked her secretary.

Atsuko shook her head. "Just you, ma'am. Swear it."

Valencia smiled. "I'll need to make another quick phone call..." She swiveled in her chair.

"No, wait..." Atsuko raised a hand, but it was too late. Valencia's eyes fell on the woman in the corner. Toshiko had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar - or file cabinet, as it were.

"What the hell are you doing?" Valencia demanded. She got up from her chair. "I don't recognize you... Are you one of my guards?"

Toshiko kept her cool. "Of course, ma'am... I was simply making sure the files were... secure..."

Valencia pulled a small gun from her jacket. "I don't know who you are, but you've just made your last mistak.... oohhffff!"

Atsuko had swung her briefcase at Valencia's head. The tall woman fell to the floor.

Toshiko was on her in a moment. She put Valencia in a sleeper hold and held until the woman slipped into unconsciousness.

Then she smiled at Atsuko. "Thanks."

Atsuko beamed. "What are sisters for?"

At that moment, the study doors burst open. In ran two women in security uniforms, brandishing their guns.

"Valencia Steele, you're under arr..." Tessa blinked. "What's going on?"

Carolyn poked her head in the room. She smiled when she saw Atsuko and the unconscious Valencia. "Hey... you got her!"

"Who are you?" Toshiko asked, eyeing the two tall women.

"We're FBI agents," Mallory explained. "Held captive here for the last few days... until this little lady helped us escape." She smiled at Carolyn.

Atsuko didn't fully understand, but she hugged Carolyn anyway. "Honey, you did it!"

Carolyn hugged back. "I guess I did."

"Just get in and shut the door," Toshiko ordered. "Valencia's still got security all over the mansion. We don't need any panicked guards coming in with weapons blazing."

Once the doors had been closed, stories and explanations were quickly exchanged... although Toshiko wisely omitted any references about her being a wanted criminal. Fortunately, Tessa and Mallory didn't seem to recognize her from the FBI database.

Atsuko had by now fully bound and gagged her boss. Valencia had been tied up and gagged with satin curtains torn from the windows.

"Guess this means I'm unemployed," Atsuko deadpanned.

"So you won't be working late hours anymore?" Carolyn asked, smiling.

Atsuko laughed. "Always looking on the bright side, aren't you, hon."

"Let's try to focus," Mallory interjected. "We've caught Ms. Steele, but her security guards are still buzzing around the mansion. If they see us escorting her out of here, they will try to stop us. Tess and I lost our federal badges when we were mugged, so we'll have a hard time convincing people that we're government agents."

"What do you propose?" Toshiko asked. "Atsuko can't just walk out of here either... The guards will recognize her and may get suspicious if they see her leave so soon after arriving."

As the women pondered their options, a knock came at the door. Hands reached for weapons - until they heard the gentle voice from the other side. "Your tea, Madame."

Tessa and Mallory opened the door. Standing there was a petite woman with tanned skin and a bun of black hair. She was dressed in a light blue blouse with a cravat, a dark blue knee-length skirt, white tights, and sensible black shoes. The young maidservant was pushing a large cart covered with a white cloth, atop which sat a teapot and two cups, plus bowls for cream and sugar.

"Delivering the tea as requested," the girl announced. "Will there be anything else?"

Tessa and Mallory glanced at each other, and grinned.

Mallory wheeled the tea tray into the room. "This will do nicely."

"Excellent," said the maidservant. "If you need something else, please let me kn--"

"Indeed there is," Tessa said to the serving girl in a professional voice. "We'll need to commandeer your uniform."

The girl blinked. "I don't understand," she said, her brow furrowing in confusion. "My... uniform? Why on earth would... EEP!"

Tessa grabbed her cravat and pulled her into the room, shutting the door. "Federal agents, ma'am. Afraid we don't have time for long-winded explanations."

As with many of Valencia's private rooms, the study had been equipped with soundproof walls - quite a welcome situation this day, as the servant girl was somewhat painfully subdued without risk of outside ears catching noise of her brief struggles.

The uniform proved a good fit for Atsuko, though she did not care for the old-fashioned cravat. Carolyn helped her tie it around her neck, though, and assisted her in sheathing her legs into the tights.

Meanwhile, Toshiko and Mallory stuffed the secured Valencia into the cart, hiding her beneath the white cloth. Tessa used some leftover curtains to bind and gag the poor maidservant. Down to her violet t-shirt bra and vanilla cotton boyshorts, the girl was safely locked in the room's filing closet.

"Just act the part of the maid," Mallory told Atsuko. "Once you're outside, we'll join you and take Valencia into custody. We'll also contact our FBI friends to come pick us up."

"Sounds like a plan," Toshiko smiled. Then, whispering to Carolyn, "but we'd better leave before they arrive."

Atsuko exited the study, merrily pushing the cart along. It was strange - ridiculous, even - to think that the cart contained the bound-and-gagged figure of her boss, a malicious criminal about to go to jail.

Goodness, Atsuko thought. It's been quite a day...
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

I feel for that poor maidservant at the end... Being mugged for disguise is one job hazard they should take more into consideration before applying for this kind of job... I'll admit however that the image of her being grabbed by her cravat and pulled into the room was the highlight of this part for me. ;)

I really liked Carolyn's part, for the takedowns of the guards, because it shows her gaining some confidence, and because her kind-hearted personality makes her a really different protagonist from usual. It's interesting to see her evolve in an environment that doesn't suit her at all.

I smell that the story is about to end, so I'll wait a little for more general comments about the story arcs.

Bobbi's and Zuhal's conversation was a nice continuation. Honestly, I'd now be interested to see a conversation about this subject between she and her friends Felicia and Bridget... I sense some sort of 'tempted by the dark side' potential story arc here. I wonder how her relationship with her friends would evolve if she truly allowed her "malicious" side (to quote Zuhal) to show up. Though hopefully, she won't choose the Dark Side...
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Definitely enjoyed a guard scene in this one. The take out of Kelly was particularly good. I love the idea of her starting to turn toward the opening door expecting to she her partner only to be grabbed and dragged into the room. Before she can do anything she gets hit with a good old fashion judo chop to knock her out.

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”