Volume 4: A Most Wanted Woman

tirepanted3

Re: To Steal a Spacesuit, Vol. 4: A Most Wanted Woman

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks for the detailed thoughts!

It's true, the FBI agents aren't the sharpest characters in these stories. Presumably, they saw Chandra and Sonja as beneath their trouble, while they focus on more important work. But it's never good to underestimate any opponent.

I thought it would be a good idea to bring back as many main characters as possible for the epilogue (except Ashley, sorry - though you can bet she'll return :) ), and try to link them all together as a way of showing how they're all (or mostly) interconnected. Glad you noticed. The uniform stealing scenes were as always fun to write, and give little humanizing touches to the characters, both good and evil.

I understand your feelings about human trafficking characters. I think I was inspired by Dave Dorc's use of the device in his stories, but it's become more difficultto include as the tales get more complex and interconnected; I don't think I'll be returning to it (at least not to this extent).

I'm glad you still enjoy the humor, dialogue, pacing, and rhythm. I do my best to make the stories fun and smooth to read. I love developing these characters, and it's always great when some of them become more popular than I would have expected (like Carolyn and Atsuko).

I do understand your point about the complexity of the story, and I'm starting to agree. There were still a few too many characters in this saga, and it was a struggle at times to incorporate them all. I'm actually planning to do a short spinoff story (or maybe two) focused on some of the side characters before giving the larger Volume 5 over to Bridget and friends (plus Chen and enemies).
On a side note, I'm starting to notice a pattern of all the main criminals seemingly being able to easily escape the authorities, which I think could become a hindrance in the long run, as it risks to desensitize readers when it comes to the stakes of the story. The idea is that if the bad guys can never truly be stopped, readers may start to stop caring about the stakes of the story since the heroes seemingly never truly win.
By my count, a lot of the criminals (Karima and most of her crew except Sabira and Zuhal, Farah, the Bombshelles, Valencia, Lucille, Melissa, presumably Maxine) have been caught, and most of them will likely not return. I do like having some villains escape (or talk about escaping, as they are wont to do) as I enjoy writing them, but I try not to let all of them get free. Gotta prove that crime doesn't pay (unless the crime is mugging other women for their uniforms, of course). The ones who do escape will probably have a role to play in a future story.
The story seems to be gearing to the gathering of a 'League of Villains' to try to bring down Bridget and her friends during the next (last?) installment of these series, and honestly I'm impatient to read about it. I also think that having the characters form bigger teams could be a good way to keep a high number of characters while reducing the number of competing storylines: by having groups of numerous characters having at least one similar goal: for instance, a team of 'heroines' around Bridget, one of 'villainesses' around Chen, and the FBI as the 'wild card third party'.
I have something like this in mind for Volume 5. It will hopefully be more focused than Volume 4. I will try not to make it overly complicated, though sometimes I just can't help myself. :D

First, there will probably be at least one short story (focused on some of the secondary characters, and resolving some of their storylines). Hopefully the greater focus makes for a smoother reading process.

Thanks again for your thoughts, and there will be more to come! :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Glad to see that all the events that had just transpired are getting a little aftermath, especially the females who had the drinks as I was wondering what would become of them. :)

It's pretty impressive of Sabira that she knows she was KO'ed by Bobbi on her just her rope work alone, although I do like her replacement of the paramedic, it's always been a favourite concept of mine to see a group of guards walking past only for the heroine to grab the one at the back while the others don't even realize. :D

I guess old habits really do die hard for Karima, although she should listen to her Cousin this time, I mean after all there can only be so many times you can see your revenge schemes foiled before you finally give up. But then I think of team rocket, reckless raptors and even AKU before thinking...hhmmm or maybe she won't haha. :lol: :D

Adelaide is still an amazing character, I never really know how to explain it properly. But I guess she just comes across as this person who would make a great neighbour, once in a while friend who you catch up with or maybe even a baby sitter. I know, I know these are some strange examples, but she just comes across as that type of person of where she's someone you wouldn't really see much of but she always there and happy to help if you need her, again that's just my opinion. :D

Very nice scene with the stewardess afterwards, definitely no messing around with Betty and Natalie on this one. :)

Hahaha, women should think very carefully before making the career choice of becoming a bus driver in your universe as it seems they have some of the unfortunate luck. :lol: :D At least they had the idea not to leave all those athletes in the freezing cold.

Ouch, in all fairness Yasmin did deserve this though and it'll be interesting to see just what state Nadyne and Haleema have left her in should we return back to her soon. :)

Well I'm in the same boat as Toshiko. I hate to say farewell to this team too, but hopefully it's only temp and we will get to see them in all their glory again one day. :D

Of course the next scene would feature Marina pulling another wise crack :lol: and let's be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way as her jokes have somehow grown on me. :twisted: :D

Car service women eh? That is definitely a nice touch and quite often an overlooked profession as they bring both the clothes and the getaway cars. Nicely done. :D :D

I can see why Prema would want to take some time and just live her average everyday life for a while, especially with everything that's happened. But I can imagine it won't be too long before she gets the adventure itch again. :)

Out of all the various characters and teams, it seems that Bobbi, Bridget and Felicia have benefited the most this adventure, they seem to have put some old grudges to bed and even somewhat found the answer behind those strange artifacts with alien markings, all in all it's been one successful outing for them. :D

But of course when one rivalry ends there's always another one ready to swiftly take it places, in this instance with Dr. Chen and Lucinda, I can't to see what happens next. :D :D

Well as you can probably gather I absolutely loved this story ARC from start to finish and you've certainly paved the way for some new stories to be told. Which ever one you chose to focus on next I really look forward to seeing it as I know it'll be just as good if not better than this already perfect story ARC was. :D :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Well, Karima has been a victim of hubris for a while now, and it's finally caught up to her. Perhaps she finally has learned her lesson? She's cruel, but not dumb. :)

Glad you like Adelaide. To me, she's more of a nonchalant character than some of the others - committing dangerous and often illegal missions, but doing so in a very passive fashion. I thought highlighting her home life in the epilogue was a nice way to spotlight this.

Bus drivers are indeed unlucky in my stories. Probably has to do with all the need for large vehicles to transport multiple women (tied up or otherwise). :D

You will definitely be seeing Toshiko, Carolyn, and Atsuko again... and very soon... ;)

Marina is still one of my favorite characters to write. I can't resist the terrible jokes. :D

Yes, I tried to make this story more focused on Bridget, Bobbi, and Felicia than the prior volume. They're still the main characters, even as the cast has grown exponentially since Volume 1 (and will take center stage in Volume 5 again).

Very happy you enjoyed the story; I always appreciate your thoughts.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

the epilogue is an incredibly well-written piece. Outstanting. :D scenes linked each to another in a fast way ; the Whole is really enjoyable, a wonderful pace and rhythm ...

a foot note about the FBI agents

the FBI agents aren't the sharpest characters in these stories

well in my opinion the last women standing with their clothes on are the winners regardless the fact that they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawers

and about not leaving the victims stranded in the bush or elsewhere ... there is another possibility :?

underwear clad girls unconscious and tied up are the final prize in these tirepanted-style USB scenes, and the winners , with their sporty attitude, want to enjoy the sight of their trophies at least for a while :lol:

mr Tirepanted, many thanks for having provided us with a completed, wonderful new story! :)

PS the fleet of Cars in the Epilogue ( only the ones with victims in)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... DqzMwxA0b0
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks, Esercito. :) I worked hard to coordinate all the epilogue scenes to let them flow into one another, so I'm glad people like it.

I decided to give some of the FBI women a victory. There have been so many in my stories and they usually end up humiliated, so allowing them to gain a small upper hand (even by mugging innocent civilians) was my attempt at evening the scales a bit.

Thanks for the new picture (I love the crowded coach bus). You've assembled quite a gallery. :D

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”