Volume 3: Ladies Night

rufusluciusivan

Re: To Steal a Spacesuit, Vol. 3: Ladies Night

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Karima must be an enjoyable character to write. Writing the villains is, in my eyes, one of the most enjoyable part of writing a story ;) . I think I had the same problem with Emery, who was a character I liked very much...

About the number of characters, I think this also has to do with the fact that I read the story as you write it, meaning that some time passes between chapters. Peerhaps the reading would feel a lot different in one go? :?: (Though I admit I'm impressed with your capacity to keep track of all of them - in hindsight, I'm wondering if writing the last parts of Rescue Operation didn't become so difficult because of all the characters I had to keep having intervening...)
Feel free to let me know which characters you'd like to see more of. I try to incorporate reader input whenever possible.
Don't trust me with that! I'll choose the most outlandish characters for giggles! :)
I was thinking asking for Ashley, then decided it was time to put this joke to a rest, then chose to do it anyway. More seriously, I will stay with the classic. Bridget, Bobbi and Felicia, the ones with who the saga started, without a doubt.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Karima is definitely fun to write, as are most of the villains. Though I think my favorite type of bad girls to write are those that come in pairs (like Meredith/Lucinda, or Chandra/Sonja). Villainous duos are a great way to work back-and-forth banter into the story.

I think the story would probably feel more cohesive if read in one go (or at least several chapters at a time). You'll probably get a better sense of the story as a whole, as the various threads gradually come together. Reading the story all at once could also help you remember all the characters' names and who's on which team. (I found that "Rescue Operation" was easier to understand as I was rereading it, taking in multiple chapters at once.)

Bridget, Bobbi, and Felicia will definitely play a major role in the next volume. I love writing for the original three characters, even as the newer ones sometimes steal the show. And Ashley could always come back; not sure if she has potential for a lengthy arc, but she seems fit for the occasional cameo. :)
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Fingers crossed for Ashley, who might finally stop being a victim to become a stealer. Or not. Or both. :lol: As for cameos, I think one of the best would also be that obviously very patriotic brown-haired party goer who appeared in the last post, whom I assume was also wearing the sleeveless green blouse, blue jeans, and brown cowgirl boots Sabira stole. I didn't mention it, but this detail also caught a lot of my attention. (Sorry to keep spamming messages recently... I got this idea after posting the previous one...) Though this allows to point out a good idea that I forgot in my previous posts. After a while, descriptions can become a little repetitive - after all, there isn't an infinite amount of colours, types of underwear, types of uniforms, etc. So I think it's a really good idea to try to present more original types and colours of clothes (or underclothes in that case), such as this patriotic set. Really one of the best solutions against repetitivity, and I'm under the impression that this story does it more than the previous ones.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Yes, I've been trying to vary in descriptions/scenarios as well, as with the patriotic underwear (or the "rainbow underwear" group of guards earlier in the story) - it helps keep things fresh. Presenting different types/colors of underwear is another way to make the scenes feel less repetitive.

No worries, about the extra posts; I always appreciate the feedback. :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

I am loving this series and I greatly enjoyed this chapter. You kept me on tender hooks when Alex found Nadyne with the bomb near her, I was eager to know what happened next so good job in keeping me in suspense until her following scene. :)

Natalie is still one of my favourite characters, I just like her style and the way she handles thing. Some characters just grab you like that and she is one whom stuck out to me. :)

The whole tying up the drunk party / bar girl with her own headphones was an awesome touch, I've genuinely never thought of that before so that was pretty cool. :D

I quite liked the whole Becky secretly gets waylaid off screen while marina donned her uniform and tricked the other two. ;) plus I found it interesting that a few of the characters are actually that addicted to stealing other women's clothing that the idea of them even going a couple of days without doing so would drive them crazy :shock:............... I love it. :D

Brooke and georgina were pretty good as well. I liked the way Brooke was willing to protest her point but georgina saw the more logical side in it and realised it would be much easier if she spent the night in her undies while stuck in a barrel

Amazing part and I really enjoyed reading through it. Thank you for writing this. :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks for your thoughts, Trackman! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :)

Interesting to hear that Natalie is one of your favorite characters, as she didn't get a lot of scenes in this story. But I'm glad to hear that she's already resonating. The "earphones as binding material" thing is something I've used a couple of times previously (Zuhal did it to a woman in "Sports Team"), and it appealed to me enough to use it again.

I'm not entirely sure if Felicia is truly addicted to clothes stealing, though she certainly employs it a lot. Whether she can go two weeks without it is another story. ;)

I was happy with how the Brooke/Georgina scene turned out. It's fun to give victims a moment of personality every now and then, and I think it worked here. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Becky mislead - it's good to throw those curveballs once in a while.

Incidentally, I know I promised a short story before delving into the next "novel" in the series, but I've already begun writing Volume 4 and have become hooked on continuing it. So I think I'll just weave the color guard storyline into Volume 4, which I should begin posting soon. :)
Gruber

Post by Gruber »

tirepanted3 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:18 pm "Back in Russia, most women had the most boring white bras and panties..."

"I worked for the SVR before coming to America. Had to disguise myself a lot in those days. It's where I learned the fine art of 'borrowing' clothes..."
I see this as the potential for a little prequel story in which Sonja in Russia captures and strips womens down to their white underwear. Sounds pretty tempting to me.
I believe that you write the best stories on this forum, keep it up!
Last edited by Gruber on Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks! :D

Sonja's backstory is one of those little details I like to add in to help layer the characters, and highlight the way that for many of them, disguise and infiltration was a part of their lives long before the series began. Not really meant to set up a prequel... though I'll admit I've thought about a few ideas for prequel/spinoff stories from the "Spacesuit" series. Guess we'll see. :)

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”