Volume 2: A Woman's Work

rufusluciusivan

Re: To Steal a Spacesuit, Vol. 2: A Woman's Work

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Didn't have much time to leave a comment before, busy month. I swear, these villains wouldn't have half of the problems they encounter if they didn't betray or plan to betray each other at every turn. As always, some good lines. "My arms are starting to ache from tying up all these women." Only here will this sentence ever make sense...^^ Just love how women just seem to wait in line to be tied up by Chen and her accomplice, to the point that it becomes a gag, but I guess it's the intent ;) . Still, I wonder now how they will get away. Doubly for Bobbi, Felicia and Bridget, since there are now witnesses of their kidnappings; so even if they escape Chen's clutches they won't be safe.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Well, of course the villains are always planning to betray each other. They wouldn't be very good villains if they did otherwise. ;)

Our trio of heroines are in a tight spot, but it's not the first time they've been captured by Dr. Chen, nor the first time they've shared bondage space with her other enemies. But no, even if they escape, they've got plenty of other problems to deal with. The story still has some twists and turns ahead.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

I loved the scene with April and her fellow patrolwomen

what drew my attention and fantasy the most was the scenes of the FBI van filled with more and more women stripped to their underwear and tied up...and it is still nothing if compared to the fourteen women stripped and tied up in the closet... :lol:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Darkness had settled over the Kennedy Space Center, but the base was still abuzz with activity. Hundreds of women and men worked tirelessly, preparing for the long night ahead.

Just outside the base perimeter, though, everything was quiet. Armed guards had been stationed at all the entrance points, but thus far they had not run into any trouble.

Darla paced back and forth over her assigned sector of the perimeter, her flashlight scouring the area. Dressed in the standard dark blue uniform jacket over light blue shirt, dark blue pants, peaked cap over her blonde hair, and black boots which crunched over the twig-strewn ground, she had been patrolling the area since mid-afternoon. Thankfully, her shift was almost over, and she was already looking forward to the hot bubble bath and reality TV episodes awaiting her back at home.

A sudden rustling from nearby made her ears perk. She shined her flashlight at the nearby bushes. "Who's there?"

No answer. Then a soft giggling came from the bushes. Darla couldn't tell if it was a person, a cat, or... something else.

She approached the bush slowly. "Show yourself. I've got no time for games."

She reached over and parted the branches, looking over them. Her flashlight shined over... nothing?

Darla looked around quizzically, but did not notice the blur of movement behind her... until it was too late.

"Uuurrk!" She was pulled back by the arm which encircled her throat, cutting off her oxygen. She dropped the flashlight and tried to fight back, but more hands grabbed her arms and pinned them to her sides. She was lifted from the ground, her boots waving helplessly in the air.

Darla fought valiantly, but the outcome was inevitable. After about thirty seconds, her reflexes began to slow. Her struggles tapered off, and she slid mercifully into unconsciousness.

Dr. Chen and Zuhal, both dressed from head to toe in black stealth clothing, carried the guard into the bushes and dropped her onto the ground.

"Strip her," Dr. Chen commanded.

"Way ahead of you," replied Zuhal, who was already in the process of unbuttoning the guard's jacket.

"Well, don't take too much time." Dr. Chen checked her watch anxiously. "The next guard could be along any minute."

Zuhal slid the guard's jacket off, then began unbuttoning her shirt. She opened it, revealing a plain white support bra beneath.

"Guards are so boring," she muttered.

Dr. Chen raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Security guards are so boring," Zuhal repeated as she unlaced the woman's boots. "They have the most unimaginative underwear. White bras and panties without any design or decoration."

Dr. Chen rolled her eyes. "Weve no time for nonsense. Just hurry up." She had already begun changing out of her own clothes.

"It's not nonsense. I've mugged a lot of security guards over the years." Zuhal eased off the boots. "They're all the same. Plain white underwear. It's like they're trying to disappoint the women who work so hard to mug them."

She unbuckled the woman's pants and slid them down her legs. "See what I mean? Vanilla white panties. No creativity, no imagination."

"Just give me her uniform already," Dr. Chen snapped.

Zuhal obliged. Dr. Chen slid on the shirt and began buttoning it up.

Zuhal unclipped a roll of tape from her belt, crossed the unconscious girl's wrists behind her back, and began binding them. "Fifty dollars says the next guard we see also has boring taste in underwear."

"I don't have time for this," Dr. Chen replied, donning the woman's jacket.

"Oh, come on," Zuhal pressed, securing the woman's ankles. "If I'm wrong, I'll give you two hundred dollars. How about that?"

Dr. Chen pulled up and buckled her pants. "Fine. Whatever."

"Great." Zuhal wound the tape over the girl's mouth. "Better go find another."

Dr. Chen laced up the boots. "Stay hidden. I'll be back in a minute."

She emerged from the bushes, pulling the peaked cap over her hair. Though she'd been a well-known employee at the Space Center for years, hardly anyone could recognize her now. She moved cautiously across the perimeter and rounded the corner.

Another guard was patrolling her own route. She looked up as Dr. Chen approached. "Darla? Is something wrong?"

Her eyes widened as Dr. Chen approached. "You... you're not Darla..."

Dr. Chen grinned. "Score one for Madam Obvious."

She dealt the woman a neck chop that sent her down for the count.

Picking the unconscious guard up bodily, Dr. Chen slung her over her shoulder and carried her back around to the bushes.

She dropped the woman at Zuhal's feet. "Get changed. We're already behind schedule."

Zuhal wasted no time in getting the woman's jacket and shirt open. Then she pointed triumphantly. "See? Another girl with no imagination."

The guard wore a dull white bra that cupped all but the tops of her breasts. There was some decorative lacing around the edges; nevertheless, the garment had been worn so thoroughly that it was difficult to notice.

"You owe me fifty bucks," Zuhal smiled.

Dr. Chen's eyes narrowed. "Just put on the damn uniform."

Zuhal obligingly finished stripping the guard, down to her bra and plain cream-white panties. Then she changed into the uniform, buttoning it up to her neck. At the same time, Dr. Chen used the tape to securely gag and bind the second guard.

"How do I look?" Zuhal asked.

"It'll do," Dr. Chen replied curtly. "Now quit dawdling. We've got a truck packed with nearly two dozen bound-and-gagged women stashed in the trees nearby. We'd better hurry before some nosy bystander comes across it."

"What about them?" Zuhal gestured at the two guards, still blissfully unconscious.

Dr. Chen shrugged. "They're no longer a concern. Security at this place is a joke, as I'm sure you remember from last time."

"I mean, should we take them along?"

Dr. Chen shook her head. "We're overstocked on captives as it is. Let's just get moving."

It was easy for the two women to enter the NASA facility - although the photos on their stolen ID cards didn't resemble their real appearances, it was a dark evening, and the female guard at the gate didn't do much more than give them a cursory glance before waving them in. She did not even notice that Zuhal's uniform was a bit too big for her figure.

Once inside, Dr. Chen pointed into the distance. "There's our target."

A large space shuttle stood upon the launch platform, at least two hundred feet tall. The ship was flanked by a large external tank and two impressive solid rocket boosters - all set to launch it into the stratosphere.

A quick search of the nearby hangar yielded fruit for Dr. Chen and Zuhal - three small maintenance utility vehicles lay at rest, collecting cobwebs since the newer models had made their debut. The vehicles were akin to small roofless pickup trucks, their rugged ATV wheels suspending the cab and trunk a few inches above ground.

The keys hung on a few nails at the far wall. Dr. Chen grabbed the nearest ring, and Zuhal followed suit.

The old utility vehicles sputtered to life, revving into gear beneath the legs of their new owners. Dr. Chen drove her vehicle out of the hangar and just beyond the perimeter, where the truck sat concealed behind some tall trees and bracken. The ramp to the back of the massive truck was lowered, and Dr. Chen obligingly drove inside.

Three minutes later, she drove back out with eleven unwilling passengers stuffed tightly in the back - Felicia, Bridget, Bobbi, Prema, Rosa, Amaya, Anika, Amber, Lauren, Alice, and Tamara. Then Zuhal drove her vehicle into the truck and returned minutes after with twelve passengers - Karima, Nadyne, Malika, Sabira, Izzy, Anna, Emma, Danni, Lucy, Nina, Gwen, and Juliet.

After covering their precious cargo with tarps, the two grinning women drove back into the NASA compound. Their grins faded, however, as the UTVs began to sputter once more.

"Damn it," Dr. Chen muttered. "Looks like we overfilled these things. We'll have to lighten the loads."

The two ladies drove back into the hangar and over to the third UTV. Zuhal removed the four painters from the back of her vehicle and dropped them into the third. Dr. Chen did the same with Felicia, Bobbi, Bridget, and Prema.

"Don't worry, girls," Dr. Chen smiled. "We'll be back for you. We'll just need to make two trips."

"Mmmrppphh!" Bridget seemed genuinely angry. No... concerned. Scared.

"Well, well," Dr. Chen mused. "Looks like our intrepid journalist isn't as brave as she seems. Guess you've finally met your match, eh, Ms. Baxter?"

Bridget shook her head and continued to grunt into her gag. She was trying to say something.

With no one but Zuhal around, and with her curiosity piqued, Dr. Chen decided to let Bridget have her say. She removed the gag.

"Please," Bridget said softly. "Let these other girls go. Kill me if you want, but they don't deserve to die. Please."

Dr. Chen laughed. "I love it. You've been reduced to begging, like a helpless damsel. Music to my ears. I'll be singing all the way to the launch tower."

She replaced the gag over Bridget's mouth. "Sorry to disappoint, but no, you're all going to die. Whether the girls deserve it or not is now beside the point. Watching you squirm, knowing that all these innocent lives will be lost on your account - now that's a thing of beauty."

Before Bridget or the other seven women could try to say anything else, the vehicle was covered with a tarp.

"Let's go," Dr. Chen told Zuhal. "We've dallied enough. It's almost launch time."

The two women each hopped aboard one of the remaining UTVs and puttered off.

As they approached the launching pad of the rocket ship, few others paid them any heed. After all, most of the science and security personnel were busy making final preparations indoors, ensuring that the sleek spacecraft would blast off on schedule. The only people near the rocket now were three young female technicians running some final tests, and they were too invested in their work to notice a pair of uniformed security guards driving covered UTVs.

Nearing the base of the rocket, the women diverged. Zuhal headed for the entrance leading to the eastern rocket trench, Dr. Chen drive through the entrance to the western one.

Dr. Chen stopped the vehicle in the large cavernous pocket just beneath the tail end of the massive rocket booster.

She pulled the tarp off the back of the vehicle and smiled at the eight women within.

"Well, ladies," she said. "I'm afraid this is goodbye... forever. In about..." She glanced at the Swiss watch she had appreciatively stolen from the security guard's wrist. "...sixty-two minutes, the great 'dome' above you will let loose with the fury of a thousand suns. The last thing you'll ever see is a giant fireball bearing down on you. Then... zzt! Gone. Whatever's left of you girls will fit nicely in an ashtray." She chuckled.

Karima's teammates and the four Bombshelles stared at Dr. Chen with a mixture of fury and fear. Was this the end? They began to struggle frantically.

Only Karima herself remained calm, motionless. She was waiting for her moment.

"I'll be in the launch tower, watching the countdown to blastoff... and to the end of your poor, pathetic lives," Dr. Chen continued. "Farewell, girls. It's been lovely."

She replaced the tarp, further muffling the sounds of the women within.

At this moment, Zuhal had pulled the second vehicle into the hollow beneath the other rocket booster.

She, too, could not resist pulling back the tarp and taunting the seven women beneath.

"Hilarious, isn't it?" she mused to the angry prisoners. "The FBI sent all seven of you girls after me. And you were all so busy fighting among yourselves... you were too busy to see that I was fooling you all!" She laughed.

Her radio crackled to life - on a private channel, of course. "Zuhal," Dr. Chen's voice said. "I'm heading to the launch tower. Make sure our third 'cargo' is included with the first two."

Zuhal lifted the receiver to her lips. "Of course, Doctor. I'll make sure the other eight girls don't miss out on the fun."

With a wink, she leaned towards Rosa. "Guess none of you will be getting promotions now..."

In a sudden bout of fury, Rosa kicked out with her bound legs, slamming her feet into Zuhal's chest. With an "Ouff!" Zuhal fell backwards, hitting her head against the concrete wall. She slid to the floor, unconscious.

"T-Minus 60 minutes," came a voice from the launch tower.

Ashley strode confidently past the NASA facility airfield, happier than she'd been in weeks. The uniformed security guard was doing what she did best, and doing it well.

Sure, she had been the subject of a slight... problem a few months back. But despite being knocked out, stripped, and bound and gagged in a disused closet, she had been determined not to lose her job. With the help of some pleading, flirting, and an occasional bribe, she was back on the NASA security force, and happier than ever.

As she strode past Hangar 18, an odd sound alerted her. Grunting... moaning? She decided to investigate.

Shining her flashlight into the far reaches of the cave, she saw a large UTV that appeared to be... rocking slightly on its suspension? Concerned yet intrigued, she approached the vehicle and pulled back the tarpaulin.

A gasp escaped her lips. Eight women stared up at her, all bound and gagged and stripped to their underwear.

What had happened? She quickly reached for the topmost captive, a tall, dark-skinned woman, and removed her gag.

"What's going on? Who are you people?"

Bridget took a swift lungful of air. "I'll explain," she said. "Please untie me and I'll explain everything."

"Of course!" Ashley removed a knife from her belt and cut the rope binding Bridget's wrists and ankles.

"Thank you," Bridget said standing up and stretching. "And I'm really sorry for this."

"Sorry for wha - uuuhhhhfff!" Ashley doubled up as Bridget rammed an elbow into her stomach. Disoriented by the sudden pain, she had not time to react as Bridget placed her in a tight headlock, cutting off the oxygen to her brain.

"I'm not usually this rough," Bridget explained to Ashley, whose world was rapidly growing fuzzier. "But this is kind of a desperate situation. No time to be ladylike."

Ashley gurgled slightly as her head lolled to one side. She'd been successfully taken off duty.

Lowering the unconscious guard to the floor, Bridget hastily began stripping her of her uniform, boots, and cap. She could already tell the uniform would be a tight fit, but that hardly concerned her.

Felicia and Bobbi moaned into their gags, still struggling to earn their freedom.

Bridget began dressing in the guard's uniform. "I'm... very sorry, girls. I can't free you just now."

Felicia and Bobbi stared at her, bewildered.

"Look, you two... We've had some great fun together. But I need to face facts. Dr. Chen is dangerous - maybe the deadliest and most cunning woman I've ever encountered. And she won't let anyone get in her way. I... I can't risk that. I couldn't live with myself if you were killed on my watch."

She slid on the boots. "I'm a professional at this - been doing it for years. I can stop her. But I have to do it alone. You'll both be safer here."

Felicia and Bobbi shook their heads angrily, but Bridget's mind was made up.

"I'm sorry, girls. Believe me, I can do this. I can stop her." Even as she said the words, Bridget felt a note of uncertainty in her voice.

She found some cables and electrical tape in the corner of the hangar and used them to bind and gag Ashley. Then she dropped the guard in the UTV and stepped into the driver's seat.

Bridget steered the UTV, along with its eight passengers, into Hangar 14, where she hid the vehicle behind some crates. Neither Dr. Chen nor Zuhal would find them... She hoped.

"I'll see you soon, girls," Bridget whispered. "And Prema... I'm sorry... for everything."

Prema glared at her, but didn't make a sound. Felicia and Bobbi watched as their friend and mentor exited the hangar, now disguised as a member of NASA security.

Bridget spotted the launch tower about half a kilometer to the west.

"Okay, Chen," she muttered. "Let's dance."

Karima pulled mightily at her wrist-bonds. The ropes bit into her flesh, but she ignored the pain. She concentrated on her motivation - on revenge. On finishing Dr. Chen forever. On making Zuhal regret the day she double-crossed her...

There was a sharp ripping sound, and she was free.

Karima swiftly tore the tape off her mouth, then began untying her ankles. Her fellow captives watched in astonishment.

"Piece of cake," she muttered.

Once free, she quickly untied Nadyne and Sabira. Then she turned toward Malika.

The young woman was still curled up next to Izzy. She looked at her boss, and her expression of hope changed to one of fear.

"Malika," Karima said slowly. "Flirting with the enemy? I thought I taught you better than that."

Malika gulped. She shook her head frantically.

"Well, if you want to live with them, you may die with them as well," Karima continued. She turned to Nadyne and Sabira. "Let's get out of here before liftoff."

Malika began to sob. The four Bombshelles looked concerned as well.

"So long, Dumbbells," Karima said, heading down the corridor. "Enjoy what comes next... I'm sure it will be a blast." She chuckled.

Sabira followed her. Nadyne hesitated, looking despondently at the helpless Malika. Did she really deserve this fate?

"Let's go," Karima snapped.

Nadyne hurried ti follow her boss, trying not to look behind her.

Once outside the jet tunnel, the three underwear-clad women shivered in the cold night air.

Karima pointed to the launch tower in the distance. "That's where we'll find Dr. Chen," she said. "But we'll need to find some clothes first."

Clinging to the shadows, she, Sabira, and Nadyne eventually made their way to a nearby supply shed.

Their ears perked at the sounds of boots crunching on the ground and idle chatter. Three female technicians were strolling down the pathway, having just run a final check on the rocket before liftoff.

The trio was now headed to the launch tower in order to watch the liftoff. But Karima had other plans for them.

Three hands clamped over three mouths, and three arms wrapped around three waists. The technicians were stunned, their shock turning to fear as they heard Karima's soft yet threatening voice.

"Good evening, girls... I hope we're not interrupting a good conversation... But we have rather more pressing topics to discuss... Namely, the fact that we need those uniforms you're wearing quite a bit more than you do... You will kindly give them to us... Before my associates and I get angry... I suggest you cooperate... No harm will come to you... You'll just spend the rest of the night in your underwear, tied up and gagged in this lovely supply shed. Strip, girls, don't dawdle now..."
rufusluciusivan

I can't really explain why, but I think that among the latest posts, this one is my favorite. Perhaps it's because of the return of classic infiltration scenarios? Loved the conversation about the plain white underwear. Chen and Zuhal have their own comdey show they've been working on. Go see it, support their talent. :lol: Good development with Bridget at the end, a good way to highlight her friendship with Felicia and Bobbie, and to put her at the center of the story again. And it also promises a neat confrontation with Chen.

Also Ashley's back. Unfortunately for her, but a great joke. Wished she had an even more detailed description though, but it might have been redundant with the stripped guards of the beginning of the post. After all, "Guards are so boring. They have the most unimaginative underwear. White bras and panties without any design or decoration." :lol:
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Glad you really liked this one. I was happy to bring the story back the classic infiltration scenes, too - especially since it allowed Chen and Zuhal to provide some running commentary about it.

Ashley is back, as per reader request. ;) I'm always happy to fit old characters into new stories. Odds are her underwear may have been more decorative than the average security guard's - in the previous story, she wore a blue bra. Too bad for Chen that she and Zuhal didn't mug her instead.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

one of the most impressive features of these characters is the lack of sexual intent

these girls strips their victims in a "sisterly" or "bitchy" way, what I like the most.
Please don't misunderstand me, I love some lesbian characters , but these tales are important, and fascinating, exactly like big numbers of tied up underwear-clad young women ; it's everything really close to what I am 'exploring' these last days
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Yes, I've always liked clothes stealing as just being "part of the job." The women don't think much of the girls they mug, in a sexual way or any other way - just useful means to acquire a disguise. Uncomplicated but effective.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Dr. Chen smiled to herself as she entered the launch tower. Home sweet home, she mused. True, she was no longer a welcome presence at NASA. But that did not stop her from coming and going as she pleased.

Still, something didn't feel right. Perhaps it was her attire - it felt strange to strut around NASA in a security uniform, particularly after all her years in a lab coat. In spite of everything, she remained a scientist at heart.

It took just north of two minutes for her to locate a female scientist about her size. The young blonde had her hair tied in a bun, and horn-rimmed glasses adorned her blue eyes. She was dressed in a long white lab coat over a lime-green blouse and black pencil skirt, as well as tan-colored tights and polished black heels. An "All-Access" keycard was clipped to her belt. She had just exited the control room and now headed down the hallway. Dr. Chen discreetly followed her to a quiet sector of the base, where the woman entered an office door marked "Private."

Dr. Chen smiled. Privacy would suit her just fine. She strolled over to the door, opened it, and stepped inside.

The hallway was empty, so no one was around to hear the scientist's words - "Excuse me, you're not allowed in... Hey, let go of...!" - before the door swung shut.

Fourteen minutes later, Dr. Chen breathed a sigh of appreciation, now more at ease with her wardrobe. And why not? She was dressed in a lab coat, blouse, skirt, tights and heels - all having been liberated from the less-than-obliging blonde.

Said blonde now sat in the rather cramped space beneath the office desk, hidden from any prying eyes by the modesty panel. She wore nothing more than a violet-colored silk bra and matching panties. Duct tape had been applied liberally to her figure, rendering her both silenced and immobilized.

"Thank you, dearest," Dr. Chen whispered to the unconscious girl. "I feel at home already."

Dr. Chen found a spot by the window from where she could watch the launch, and made herself comfortable in one of NASA's budget-straining comfy chairs. Through the window, she could see the rocket on the launching pad, now just a mere forty minutes from taking off, and wiping her problems from the face of the planet.

"Wish I had some popcorn," she chuckled.

A voice jarred her from behind. "I'm sure we can get you some on your way back to prison."

Dr. Chen whirled. A woman in a security uniform stood in the doorway, training a gun on her. A closer glance revealed, however, that this woman was not a real NASA security officer.

"Baxter!" Dr. Chen gasped. "How did you..." She paused. Zuhal...

"I hope you've had a fun day," Bridget said tersely, stepping into the room. "Because the fun's over. I'm placing you under citizens' arrest."

Dr. Chen sat frozen in her chair. Then she smiled. "Will you now? And if I resist?"

"I've got a gun," Bridget indicated.

"So you're going to shoot me?" Dr. Chen said, rising from her chair. "No, I don't believe that. You hero-types don't shoot people. I bet that gun's not even loaded."

Bridget hesitated for just the briefest of moments. Dr. Chen smiled.

"That's what I thought. Your weapon has no bullets..." She grabbed for her own discarded security uniform on the floor, scooping up the handgun. "... but mine does."

She aimed the gun at Bridget. "Now, dearie... You may have problems with killing people, but I certainly don't... Hands up."

Dejected, but with no other options, Bridget dropped her gun and raised her arms.

Dr. Chen chuckled. "Look at you... Bridget Baxter, investigative 'journalist.' Trying to be the new Nellie Bly. Well, good news, Miss Bly... You'll be in tomorrow's paper... in the Obituaries, that is."

She motioned to the window. "We're on the top floor of this tower," she said. "It's about a hundred and fifty feet to the ground. Why don't you measure the drop for us?" She laughed.

Bridget stared at her coldly. "Why not just shoot me now?"

"I'd rather not attract any attention with gunfire," Dr. Chen replied. "But I suppose I'll have to... unless you get your pretty ass over to the window."

Slowly, her eyes remaining fixed on Dr. Chen and her gun, Bridget stepped towards the large window.

"Open it," Dr. Chen commanded.

Bridget obeyed. The cool night breeze hit her face. It was a long way down.

"Now," Dr. Chen ordered, "jump."

Bridget glared at her. "You're not going to get away with this... Any of it."

"Really," Dr. Chen replied with a smug grin. "And who's going to stop me? After I kill you, I'll track down your little girlfriends... Kill them as well. Then I'll start rigging the NASA shuttles to blow up. I may no longer have a place at this facility... but that just means I need to take them down with me."

"You're insane," Bridget replied.

Dr. Chen laughed. "Sticks and stones, dearie," she said. "Now you have three seconds to take a final step out of the window... One... Twuuuuugggghhhh!"

She fell to the floor. Behind her stood a triumphant Karima, dressed in a NASA technician uniform and brandishing a cosh.

"Been waiting forever to do that," she smiled.

Bridget stared at her. "How did you get in here?"

"Do I know you?" Karima cocked her head. "Ah! I remember. You held me at gunpoint a few months ago. Forced me to strip to my underwear... tied me up. It was humiliating." She stepped toward Bridget menacingly, picking up Dr. Chen's gun off the floor. "You know... I reeeeeally don't like being humiliated."

Bridget glared at her defiantly. "Last time we met, you tried to kill me," she said. "My girls and I stopped you then. We'll stop you now."

Karima laughed. "I like you. You've got more backbone than most people. Especially more than that coward Dr. Chen." She raised the gun to Bridget's head. "But whatever your game is, it's now ove--"

"That Dr. Chen?" Bridget pointed at the women who had gotten to her feet and was now fleeing the room.

"Shit!" Karima whirled and headed after her. She stopped at the doorway, turning back to Bridget with a slight smile.

"Afraid we can't finish this conversation now, dear. Until we meet again... and we will."

Then she was gone. Bridget considered going after her, but she had priorities. Innocent lives were still at stake. She had to stop the shuttle launch - but how?

A moaning sound came from beneath the desk. Bridget glanced over and found a blonde woman in purple underwear, having just regained consciousness and struggling against the tape which bound her.

Bridget peeled off the gag. "Who are you?"

The woman coughed. "I'm an astrophysicist. I'm supposed to be presiding over the shuttle launch. Had to get some supplies from my room, but some woman jumped me... I woke up like this."

"Do you know how to stop the shuttle from launching?" Bridget pressed.

"Please, cut me free," the woman begged. "I need to get back... I'm the only one who knows the shuttle launching codes. My job's on the line if they find me like this."

"I'll set you free, I swear," Bridget responded. "But first tell me how to stop the shuttle. Please, it's a matter of life and death."

The scientist was desperate. "Okay, okay... deactivation code is HD037B4UK91WGM6SVP21NG89DNL43. I don't mind telling you, since there's no way you'll remember all that." She smiled. "Now set me free."

"Yes, about that," Bridget replied. "I'm afraid I lied earlier. You'll need to stay here for a while."

The shocked woman opened her mouth to scream for help, but Bridget quickly stuffed it with a wad of tissues, then smoothed a fresh piece of tape over her lips.

The woman moaned angrily into her gag. Bridget stood up.

"Don't worry, I'll be out of here faster than you can say HD037B4UK91WGM6SVP21NG89DNL43," she smiled.

The scientist's eyes widened. Who the hell was this woman?

Bridget blew her a kiss. "Gotta go. I'll shut off your office lights - wouldn't want to waste electricity."

Dr. Chen hurried down the hallway. The stairs were just ahead. If she could just make it...

A foot suddenly jutted out, tripping her. With a cry, she smacked into the floor.

Dazed, she looked up to see a pair of smiling women in technician uniforms staring down at her.

"Look, Nadyne," Sabira grinned. "We just caught ourselves a rat."

Karima hurried up. "Spectacular work, girls," she smiled. Then she looked down at the unarmed and unconscious Dr. Chen. "And it looks like dear Julia's luck has finally run out."

She lashed out with her foot. Dr. Chen hit the floor again and lay unconscious.

"What do we do with her?" Sabira asked.

"Oh," Karima said with a twinkle in her eye, "I know just the way to finish her off."

The silver-blue coach bus rumbled down the relatively empty stretch of highway. The driver, a redheaded woman in black uniform and boots, smiled at the lack of traffic. For although it was a four-hour drive from Miami to Orlando, things had gone relatively smoothly thus far along Florida's Turnpike.

In the back, her seven passengers chatted excitedly. The Girls' Handball Team of Miami had performed admirably well that season, and was headed to Orlando to compete in the statewide tournament against Jacksonville. The seven women, all in their early twenties, were all dressed in matching uniforms - white blouses, blue shorts, fingerless white gloves, and white sneakers. Most of the girls had their long hair tied back into ponytails, though a couple had hair short enough that it didn't make much difference.

The driver checked her watch and, noting that they were making good time, decided it wouldn't hurt to make a rest stop. Shortly after passing Fort Pierce, she turned off the highway and headed for a particularly inviting mini-mall.

"Okay, girls," she said with a smile. "Go grab a snack, use the restroom, and stretch your legs. Be back on the bus in fifteen minutes."

Chatting happily with one another, the girls exited the bus. The driver, left alone, pulled out her phone and earbuds and began listening to some of her favorite pop songs.

Sitting idly at the front of the bus, she did not notice or hear the sound of the overhead luggage compartment at the back of the vehicle click open... from the inside.

A black-clad woman in her late twenties untwisted her body from where it had been contorted in the compartment for the last two hours, and slowly lowered herself from her position. Her sponge-soled shoes touched the bus floor without making a sound. She stretched her lithe body - it had been difficult hiding in the cramped compartment for the last two hours, but her patience was about to be rewarded.

Carefully, quietly, she crept across the aisle to the front of the bus, moistening a rag with the contents of a small bottle as she did so. The driver remained fixed on her phone and music, oblivious to her surroundings.

The dark-clad woman sprang into action. She quickly pressed the pad over the driver's face, then grabbed the seatbelt and looped it across the driver's chest, pinning her arms to the seat. The stunned driver had almost no time to react, but she tried her best to wrench free of her assailant's grip.

It was not to be. "Shhh... Calm down, my girl, just breathe... Breathe deep... Just enjoy the smell... Let Auntie Adelaide take over from here..."

The outcome of the struggle was never in doubt. Within thirty seconds, the driver was fast asleep.

Adelaide dragged the driver off her seat and stripped her of her uniform, boots, and peaked cap. These she donned, appreciating that the bus' tinted windows afforded her much privacy while she changed her wardrobe. The uniform fit well, and she ignored the pinching of the boots.

The real driver, now down to her leopard-print bra and panties, remained quiet and complacent as Adelaide bound and gagged her with generous amounts of duct tape. She did not so much as stir as Adelaide hoisted her off the ground and carried her to the overhead compartment she had recently vacated.

"Sleep tight, hon. I promise to make good use of your uniform," Adelaide said as she shut the woman inside the compartment.

The approaching sound of giggling outside told her she was not a moment too soon. She returned to the front seat and concealed her face in a magazine, just as the seven handball girls returned to the bus.

Much to Adelaide's relief, the girls were too busy chirping with each other about boys and fashion to notice that their driver had turned from a white redheaded girl into a black woman with a bowl haircut. Adelaide breathed a sigh of relief as she started the engine.

Skillfully, she maneuvered the large bus back onto the Turnpike. However, at first chance, she switched the vehicle's path to the I-95. As expected, the girls were too busy chatting with one another to notice that they were no longer headed to Orlando.

It was a long drive ahead, and Adelaide settled in with a smile.

Betty pulled her car up to the back gate of Dennison Drilling.

Two guards were waiting for her. Both were dressed in grey-black body armor with Kevlar gloves and combat boots.

"Lucinda is waiting for you," said the taller guard, a black girl in her late twenties.

"Did you bring the package?" asked her slightly older partner, a tan-skinned woman with long dark hair.

Betty gestured to the trunk. "All ready to go."

The guards radioed Lucinda, who stepped out of the back door minutes later.

Betty popped the trunk. Inside lay Moira, tied and gagged and stripped to her underwear. She looked nothing short of frightened.

"Excellent," Lucinda smiled.

She motioned to her guards, who approached the trunk. One picked up the squirming Moira.

"So?" Betty asked. "Where's my bonus?"

Lucinda smiled down at her. "Change of plans, honey."

She slammed an elbow into Betty's jaw. The girl was unconscious before she hit the ground.

"Sorry, dear," Lucinda cooed. "But I'm afraid our contract is up."

She turned to her guards. "Take the prisoners down to the sub-level and interrogate them. Make sure they haven't told anyone else about our... extra-legal dealings. Once you're finished, dispose of them."

The guards smiled and nodded. The second guard picked up the unconscious Betty. As she did so, the pen dropped from Betty's jacket and fell to the ground.

Lucinda picked up the pen with a smile. "Thanks for the souvenir," she chuckled, tucking it into her jacket pocket.

The control room was large and filled with scientists, all currently focused on the two dozen monitors depicting the shuttle that was now thirty minutes from launching. All of them were too preoccupied to notice a woman in a security uniform slip into the back of the room and take a seat by one of the empty desks in the back.

Bridget's fingers flew over the keyboard. She easily bypassed the computer's security measures, and it took little effort for her to hack into the database. Once there, she entered the launch cancellation code and held her breath, hoping the scientist had gotten it right.

Success! A note in the monitor window told Bridget that the rocket flight would be permanently terminated within 60 seconds. She smiled.

As she exited the room, she could hear cries of shock and frustration behind her, as the scientists and technicians tried to figure out why the rocket was no longer responding to their controls. Bridget chuckled. It would take them a while to figure out what happened - they'd have to inspect the rocket itself, and would surely find and rescue the innocent girls Dr. Chen had trapped there.

Bridget returned to Hangar 14, her mission mostly accomplished. True, Dr. Chen had seemingly escaped - but this Karima woman looked like she was ready to finish the scientist off. Somehow, she mused, Chen would probably not be a problem for a while... at least.

Bridget reached the UTV, uncovered the tarp, and smiled down at Felicia and Bobbi. "It's okay, girls," she smiled. "You're safe."

Felicia and Bobbi didn't say a word, even after Bridget removed their gags. Then, after Bridget finished untying them, Felicia spoke.

"We're a team, you know," she said angrily. "We're supposed to work together. But you couldn't let us help you?"

"What happened to Chen?" Bobbi asked.

"Er..." Bridget hesitated. "I stopped her, but she got away. I think. Not sure where she is now."

Felicia sighed. "I can't believe this. If we had come along, Chen would be in handcuffs now. Why'd you have to do this all yourself?"

Bridget tried to change the subject. "Look..." She glanced down at the UTV, where six other women now lay. "Let's get these other ladies out of here safely. That should be top priority now."

"Hmph," Felicia muttered.

Bridget approached Prema and removed the gag. "Hi," she smiled. "I'm here to rescue you."

Prema didn't laugh. "You bitch," she said. "You horrible, awful bitch. I'm going to make you pay for this. You'll rot in jail, I swear it."

Bridget sighed. "Honey, I know there's no way to make up for all this. But I want to get you back home. You'll be back at Dennison Drilling before you know it. And I can..."

She was interrupted by a loud "mmmppphhh!" from one of the other bound girls. The blonde seemed nervous... frightened, even. She was shaking her head frantically.

Curious, Bridget removed the woman's gag. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" she asked. "And... who are you, anyway?"

The woman took in a lungful of air. "My name is Gwen," she said shakily. "I'm a painter. These three other girls are Nina, Lucy, and Juliet. My team. And we need to tell you... don't go anywhere near Dennison Drilling!"

Bridget and Prema both looked at her quizzically.

Gwen explained. "Last night, the four of us were doing a job at Dennison. Painting the executive offices. I had taken a break to use the ladies' room... On the way back, I overheard a phone conversation one of the owners was having. Something about drugs... Smugglers... She told the person on the other end to 'Kill anyone who gets in their way'... She sounded totally calm and calculated.

"Nervous, I hid behind a wall till she left the room, then slipped into her office. She had forgotten to shut off her computer. I saw a list on the screen... Crime, terrorist organizations... All with monetary donations attached. Dennison Drilling is... They're helping criminals.

"I fled the room and told my team what I had found, and we agreed we had to contact the authorities as soon as we were safely away. We tried not to be suspicious... Finished the painting job, then left. They didn't suspect anything."

"So what did the police say?" Bridget pressed.

Gwen sighed. "We never had a chance to contact them. We were driving down the road in our van, and Nina was about to call them on her phone. Then suddenly, we come across a tree trunk in middle of the road... No way to pass.

"The four of us got out and tried to move it. Suddenly, four other women jumped out of the bushes with guns... They ordered us to keep quiet and take off our uniforms. We were so scared, we had no choice but to listen.

"Once we were down to our underwear, the women tied us up... Gagged us... Put on our uniforms. They threw us into the back of the van... They were laughing... It was awful."

"Who were these women?" Bridget asked. "Did they work for Dennison?"

"No, I don't think so. They called themselves... the Bombshelles. They hijacked our van, performed some... work... of theirs, then abandoned us in middle of the woods. We were found a few hours later by this Dr. Chen woman, but she had no desire to free us..." Gwen's voice trailed off as she stared glumly groundward.

Bridget contemplated. "I knew there was something strange about the whole Dennison situation. Something fishy about everything. If only my work hadn't been interrupted by Dr. Chen's crazy revenge scheme..."

Prema suddenly spoke up. "If this is true, we have to stop them."

Bridget, Felicia, and Bobbi glanced her way in surprise. Prema continued. "I've suspected the CEO of being involved in some... illegal activities in the past. I always convinced myself that was just paranoia - like, I wanted to believe she was evil so I could expose her and get some kind of promotion. But if what this woman says is true... we need to stop them."

Bridget thought for a moment, then approached her. "Prema," she said, "I know it's been a rough 24 hours. But I want to help you. I want your employers arrested. And if you let me help you, I'll make sure tomorrow's paper gives you all the credit."

Prema stared at her hesitantly. "Why should I trust you?"

Bridget remained silent as she tried to come up with a response. But before she could, Bobbi answered. "Because she wouldn't lie."

Bridget and Felicia looked at her in surprise. Bobbi continued. "I've known Bridget for a few months now. She spends a lot of time pretending to be people she's not - adopting fake accents and disguising herself in a variety of 'borrowed' uniforms. But when it comes to journalism, she's the most honest reporter I know. She won't stop until she gets the truth."

Bridget blushed. "Oh, really, I..."

"Bobbi's right," Felicia added. "Maybe Bridget's a little overprotective... But she puts nothing ahead of her job. She taught me that a good journalist finds the truth, no matter the cost."

Bridget smiled. "I love you girls."

Prema thought for another minute, then sighed. "Okay... I can't stop them myself... And I can't argue that you girls will go to crazy lengths to get a story. Fine. I'll let you help me. And in return, I expect you want...?"

Bridget grinned sheepishly. "If you could avoid pressing any charges against me - for kidnapping you, stripping and tying you up - that'd be fantastic."

Prema groaned, but stuck out her hand. "Fine. Deal."

Bridget smiled. "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship."

"It isn't," Prema muttered. "Once this is over, I never want to see any of you again."

Then she turned to the UTV, where the four painters and the security guard still lay. "What do we do with them?"

"Can't have our little mission get too crowded," Bridget replied. "I'll loosen Gwen's bonds a bit... Give her the chance to free herself and her friends. They can take things from there. Meanwhile, the four of us need to steal a car and get to Dennison ASAP."

Karima was grinning from ear to ear.

There were several factors contributing to her delight. The pristine NASA office she now stood in, with its just-waxed floors and breezy air-conditioning. The sweet, lingering smell of ammonia. The large control panel with its hundreds of switches, buttons, and blinking lights, where Sabira was currently applying her mechanical expertise. The fresh new outfits she and her henchwomen now wore, consisting of white lab coat over blue jumpsuit and bright red gloves and boots. And of course, the sight of five young female scientists - three of them stripped down to their pink and green underwear - being bound and gagged and tossed into an adjoining closet by Nadyne.

Yes, all of these elements helped improve Karima's mood. But the one factor that elated her above all else was the sight on the monitor above the control panel Sabira was working on. The monitor displayed the sight on the runway just outside the office, where one of NASA's patented new space-planes was preparing for takeoff.

And stashed in the cockpit of this plane, bound and gagged and stripped to her underwear, was a very frightened-looking Dr. Chen.

Karima leaned over and spoke into the microphone that connected to the space-plane. "How's your little 'revenge' scheme going, Julia? Because from my perspective... it's delicious."

Dr. Chen "mmmmppphhh"ed into her gag. She was sweating in fear, struggling against her terribly tight bonds.

"Music to my ears," Karima laughed.

They had been fortunate that one of the space-plane test flights was occurring that night, and that such flights, because they were routine and were not meant to involve human passengers, were not heavily-guarded. Thus, it was easy for Karima and her girls to barge in on the five scientists involved in that night's test, and - despite smaller numbers - overpower them. Taking their uniforms was a safety precaution, in case some security guard happened to poke his or her head into the office.

"Are we ready to launch?" Karima asked.

Sabira nodded. "I disabled the location software on the jet, so NASA won't be able to trace it. It has enough fuel to sustain a flight of a few hundred miles over the Atlantic. Then... splash! Into the deep. No one will ever see it, or dear Dr. Chen, ever again."

Karima chuckled. "Beautiful."

Nadyne shut the closet door and approached the control panel. "The eggheads are all secured," she said. "Too bad we couldn't strip those last two... I bet Zuhal and Malika would've loved to wear these uniforms..."

Karima glared at her. "Don't mention those names again. Traitorous bitches."

Nadyne swallowed. "Y... yes, ma'am. I'm sorry."

Karima turned back to the control panel. "Ready to launch?"

"All yours, boss," Sabira replied.

Karima spoke into the microphone once again. "Well, Julia, it's been lovely knowing you... But it's even lovelier getting rid of you."

From her position in the cockpit, Dr. Chen felt tears streaming down her cheeks. This couldn't be the end... It couldn't...

"Goodbye forever, Julia Chen," Karima laughed as she pressed the Launch button.

There was a dull roar, and the space-plane coursed down the runway at near-supersonic speed. Within moments, it had lifted off the ground.

Karima watched from the window as the low-fueled plane left the NASA grounds and disappeared over the horizon, headed toward the Atlantic Ocean.

Then she turned away. "Well, that was fun. Now let's go kill Zuhal as well."

Sabira smiled. Nadyne did as well, though her grin faded as Karima turned her back.
rufusluciusivan

And thus the two plots, Bridget's and Lucinda's, join. I didn't expect it to happen that way. Once again, it's almost funny to see how everyone's plans keep involuntarily foiling everyone else's plans. Interesting to see Prema join the team. It should lead to nice dialogues. Still curious to see where this is going. Felicia and Bobbi will need to accomplish a huge exploit if they want to be pardoned for having assaulted police officers earlier in the story. ;)

If this is the last time we see Dr. Chen, I must admit that this is a fitting end for her. While I admit that I've always waited for her to get her comeuppance, it still feels weird to see her go. After all, she's been the main antagonist for so long...

On a side note, I smiled when the handball team entered the picture. I guess esercito sconfitto is impatiently waiting for the next time they will appear. I'm curious to see where this subplot will be going.

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”