To Steal a Spacesuit

tirepanted3

Re: To Steal a Spacesuit

Post by tirepanted3 »

Five underwear-clad women emerged, one by one, from the hatch into the center of the shuttle-bus. They looked around.

"The hell are we?" Lindsay asked.

Alice looked out the window. "Looks like the NASA station," she said.

Heather pointed. "And... who are these people?"

Seven women sat on the seats of the shuttle-bus - all fast asleep. Three other women, clad in their underwear, were bound and gagged in the back.

Tricia squinted. She recognized two of the bound-and-gagged women. "Those two are NASA guards," she said. "And I think the third is one of our shuttle-bus drivers. Looks like someone made off with their uniforms."

"I think we can relate," Lindsay murmured. "I'd like to get my hands on the woman who mugged me..."

"Should we free those other women down there?" Tricia asked. "They seemed pretty helpless."

"Not yet," Alice said. "I recognized one of them - she's the woman who knocked me out and stole my clothes earlier. Let's not free anyone we don't recognize till we know what the hell's going on."

"Good idea," Dr. Grace replied. "Now girls, we need to find Dr. Chen."

"I'd love to stop her," Heather replied. "But we can't go waltzing through NASA like this. We don't have any clothes."

Dr. Grace eyed the sleeping women on the bus seats, in their smart business suits and heels. "Oh, yes we do."

Dr. Chen stepped onto the stage. The crowd slowly but surely quieted down, aided by the stern looks of the female security guards who flanked the exits, as well as the two on the stage itself.

"Hello everyone," Dr. Chen said, addressing the forty or so reporters and lab workers seated before her. "I'm afraid I have some..."

She paused, allowing her voice to crack for a moment. "...terrible news."

The audience bought it. Dr. Chen felt her pride bubbling up, even as she kept an outwardly somber expression. It was an Oscar-worthy performance.

"Three astronauts..." she said slowly. "Last night, three brave women chose to face the unknown..."

The two guards (or Felicia and Bobbi disguised as guards, anyway) flanking the exit closest to the stage glanced at each other and rolled their eyes. And they waited for Bridget to make her move.

The door to the utility closet squeaked open. Bridget poked her head out. Coast seemed clear.

She cast a quick glance at the woman on the floor behind her. The underwear-clad blonde was sleeping peacefully now, bound with spare cables and gagged with electrical tape.

"Much appreciated, babe," Bridget said, straightening the collar of her jumpsuit. "Trust me, this is all for a good cause."

She locked the door behind her and headed for the monitoring room.

The room was unoccupied, much to Bridget's good fortune. She shut the door for some privacy and sat down in the swivel chair, right in front of the security monitors.

Bobbi had told her what tape to look for - the time and location she needed. She just prayed that NASA's security microphones were strong enough to pick up sound; otherwise, their planning would all be for naught.

A few moments at the computer pulled up the file she needed. Her eyes lit up.

"Hello, gorgeous," she murmured.

"...These three women will be missed," Dr. Chen continued. "They gave their lives to serve their country. Our hearts go out to them all."

"Bitch doesn't even have a heart," Bobbi whispered to Felicia.

"I'd like to ask you all for a moment of silence," Dr. Chen addressed the audience, "so that we may salute these three brave and courageous women."

She pressed a button near the podium, activating the jumbo monitor behind her. Then she lowered her head, pretending to brush a tear from her eye.

There was silence in the room as the screen lit up.

But what appeared on the screen was not images of the three astronauts. Instead, it was security footage - time-stamped of the previous night - showing the NASA parking lot. A woman in a lab coat stood by the window of a maintenance van. It was dark, but the lamppost-mounted cameras were close enough to show that the woman in question was Dr. Chen.

"The plane," Chen was saying. "it's been stolen. It's flying at a low altitude, not high enough to set off the bomb."

In the auditorium, Dr. Chen whirled, staring at the screen. She froze.

"You ladies," her onscreen persona was saying, "you can track the bomb, can't you? You have a remote beacon, correct?"

Dr. Chen leaped for the electronic button on the podium, pressing it repeatedly in an attempt to shut it off. It didn't work. Someone had overriden her controls.

"I want you to go out and find the plane. Track it down and destroy it. And kill the crew."

Dr. Chen gulped. She looked up at the audience seated before her. A hundred people stared at her in shock.

"I... I..." Dr. Chen stammered. "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know who is playing this sick joke on me..."

"It's no joke!"

Everyone turned to the back of the room. Dr. Grace marched in, followed by Alice, Heather, and Lindsay, and Tricia. All were dressed in smart-looking business suits and heels - some fitting better than others - and all looked quite angry.

Dr. Grace pointed at her stunned colleague. "This woman," she said slowly. "This woman is behind it all. She tried to kill us - all of us. Arrest her immediately!"

The two guards on the stage quickly grabbed Dr. Chen's arms. Chen looked stunned, but slowly began to regain her senses.

"You think you've won?" she said. "Think again."

She slammed her foot down on one guard's foot, causing the woman to howl in pain and release her. She felled the other guard with a judo chop.

"So long, Grace," she called, running for the exit. "Guess I'll have to kill you some other day."

Bobbi stuck out her foot. With a sudden cry, Dr. Chen tripped over it. Felicia delivered a karate chop to the back of her head, sending her sprawling.

Dr. Chen lay, dazed, as the other guards ran up to her. This time, they held her tight.

Dr. Chen blinked s she saw the two smiling young women standing before her. Even in her half-conscious state, she recognized them.

"You've ruined everything," she said. "You'll pay for this... I'll kill you... Both of you, and that black bitch... I swear I'll finish you..."

"Sounds like she's delirious," Felicia told the other guards. "Better keep her contained. My friend and I will contact the authorities."

She and Bobbi quickly headed out the door.

"This isn't over!" Dr. Chen called after them. "You'll be sorry! You'll all be - mmmppphhh!"

One of the other guards covered her mouth. "I think it best you keep quiet, doctor."

Dr. Chen glared at the woman, but said nothing.

She remained calm even as Dr. Grace delivered a new, more truthful and hopeful speech for the press, and as the police arrived to take her away. Dr. Chen was disappointed to see that both of the policewomen who led her away were over six feet tall - even if she tried to escape, their uniforms wouldn't fit her.

Still, Dr. Chen knew, she would eventually escape. It might take days, or weeks, or even months - but eventually, she'd find a way to liberate herself from police custody. And then, she mused with a slight smile, those girls would be sorry.

By the time the authorities arrived, things had settled down. Dr. Grace was applauded for her speech, and the three astronauts received a standing ovation.

Dr. Grace explained that the astronauts had been tied up and replaced by a trio of women, whom she assumed had all worked for the same villainous organization. She then directed the police to the bus where she knew at least one of the women had been stowed.

Authorities found this woman, the angry and struggling Lana, bound and gagged in the luggage compartment of the bus. She lay alongside Dr. Petrella, who was swiftly identified via FBI facial recognition. Petrella was a former scientist who'd lost her license due to illegal experimentation. She confessed that she'd been behind the attempt to steal the space-plane, and - after some enhanced interrogation - disclosed the location of her base in Dallas.

Also found in the luggage department of the bus were four Arab women, all equally bound and gagged. A pile of ropes on the floor nearby, along with Bridget's penknife, were the only traces left of the fifth woman. Authorities did not notice the whimpering sounds coming from a nearby dumpster, where a female janitor lay, bound, gagged, and stripped of her uniform. Karima had escaped.

The four Arab henchwomen were taken into custody, and - feeling betrayed at being abandoned by their leader - were quick to confess. They confirmed that Dr. Chen had hired them to blow up the space-plane. They also directed the authorities to Broadaxe, where the real space-plane was safely recovered.

Ten women were found sleeping on the bus itself. Eight had been stripped of their clothing; three of those eight were bound and gagged. Dr. Grace, Alice, Heather, Lindsay, and Tricia apologized to the journalists for taking their clothes. She could not explain who had taken the uniforms of Tori or the two guards.

From what authorities could gather, three other women had taken their clothes. But those three women could not be found.

"I just love a happy ending," Bobbi smiled, settling back on Bridget's couch.

"Hmm..." Felicia replied from next to her.

Bobbi turned. "What's wrong? We just had the most amazing adventure ever. I really wish I could tell people about it!"

Bridget looked up from her computer, adjusting her glasses. "Sorry, Bob. No can do. First rule of journalism is to always keep a low profile."

"I know, I know," Bobbi replied. "But you're a reporter, right? Aren't you going to report this story?"

"Of course," Bridget said. "I'm starting to type it up now. I'll just have to leave our names out of it. Three anonymous heroes saved the day. It'll be our little secret, girls."

"Hmm..." Felicia said again.

Bridget looked her way. "Honey, is something wrong?"

"No," Felicia replied. "I mean, a little bit... Sure, we've had an amazing adventure. But we never went out into space. We never found any aliens."

Bobbi rolled her eyes. "Come on, Licia. Don't tell me you still believe in..."

She paused. Then her face took on a soften expression. "Y'know, come to think of it, there've got to be other UFO sightings in the area. I'm sure we could find some if we keep looking."

Felicia's face brightened. "You think so?"

Bobbi nodded. "Sure! Who knows, maybe we'll strike gold this time! Whaddaya say?"

Felicia considered. "I've heard rumors that they're holding some unidentified DNA samples in the lab at Mercy Hospital. Could be alien, maybe."

Bobbi smiled. "Great! Let's head over there now. Hopefully, we can find a couple of nurses who are our size."

Felicia smiled back. "Let's go."

They headed for the door. "Hey, Bridget," Bobbi called, "want to join us?"

"You girls have fun," Bridget called back. "I've got a deadline to meet."

The girls waved goodbye and skipped out the door. Bridget smiled and returned to her computer.

"It began as an important night for NASA," she typed. "But by the end, it would turn into an unforgettable one."

THE END
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Since it's the last part of this story, I will post a comment a little longer than usual. First of all, I want to say: Congratulations for finishing the story! It was worth it.

When you mentioned that the journalists were still going to play a part, I feared that they would unwillingly allow our villainesses locked in the trunk to escape, but they were more lucky. ;)

The ending is very satisfying, with Dr. Chen getting her comeuppance. I like the delicious irony of her being foiled right during her moment of triumph. A fitting punishment.

I guess that Karima escaping will potentially leave room for a sequel? She was a good antagonist and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

To give a brief review of the story in general, I found it just as well-written as the previous ones. Once again, one of the best things was to watch these separate stories unfold and see how they would all connect. You also took the time to describe well some of the takedowns, strippings and aftermaths; but while still managing to keep a sustained pace by using ellipsis when it was needed. As always, the characters were well-written. I especially liked Bobbi's character arc. There was a good diversity of uniforms and situations, something I liked.
If I had one nitpick, it would be that in the last few parts, the descriptions of the takedowns, strippings and/or aftermaths of the victims became a little too short. (Perhaps to gain some time or to not break the rythm of the story?) Though I really like the way you imply how the takedown took place (for instance by describing the noises heard from the outside of the closet or the way a van rocks back and forth), perhaps a more precise description of the aftermath could have been better sometimes.

All in all, it was a truly enjoyable read all the way through the end.

However, one important question remains... One question that haunts me...

Was Ashley finally found in her closet? :lol: (I couldn't resist... This detail just got my attention... :P )
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

As far as I know, Ashley is still stuck in her closet. ;) But someone will probably find her eventually, and then maybe she’ll get time off with pay. (Or she’ll get fired. It’s a tough business.)

You are right that I tried to shorten some of the takedown scenes later in the story, in order to keep up the pace. Sometimes I think short scenes can be intriguing, as they leave more to the imagination. But I appreciate you pointing it out, and I’ll aim for more detailed scenes in the future.

Speaking of which, yes, I’m planning a sequel to this story. It’ll feature many of the same characters - both heroes and villains- as this story, plus introduce a few new ones. There’s still a lot of room to explore these women, so why stop now?

Thanks for all your comments! I appreciate all the feedback.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

first of all, tirepanted, thanks for delivering us a new complete story of yours.In next days I will print a copy for my library

leaving aside other features of the stories by Tirepanted, already examined elsewhere, the finale of this novel brings us the most visually impressive...the most unforgettable, exciting and mind-filling...

piling up girls in vans! :D

I believe this NASA shuttle-van will keep circling in my mind forever, like an undiscovered planet orbiting in the dark outer space...

P.S. leave Ashley in the closet. Her her muffled whines in the gag aren't annoying. :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Thanks! Normally I don't like to have the same type of uniform steal at two different points in a story (unless the uniformed women are predominant and incapacitating them is necessary, like with a troop of armed guards). But I think it worked for the two shuttle-bus drivers.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

I'm currently working on a sequel to this story, and hope to start posting it soon. It will feature most of the main characters and villains from this story, plus a lot of new ones. This wasn't the original plan, but I've really enjoyed writing for these ladies, and I want to see where their stories go next.

It's taking a while to write because I want to make sure I know the full story before I start posting it. It's shaping up to be perhaps my longest and most complicated story yet, and I want to make sure I have a sense of all the different characters and story threads beforehand.

Still, let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the "Spacesuit" sequel.
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Randomly logged in just in case and saw the good news. This makes my day. (Or rather my evening here...)

I'm curious to see where this will go this time, especially if it's supposed to be longer. I don't have anything in particular I'd like to see more. (Except for Ashley's return, of course... :lol: .) Perhaps just an estimation about when the first parts of the story will be posted?
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

wow, it's like to be in the Pastry shop :D

first of all, handball teams

https://mnusports.com/images/2018/8/22/ ... width=1600

https://iupuijags.com/images/2018/8/15/ ... &mode=crop

then, Color Guards

don't forget casual muggings

ah another thing- "our" USB team can't be intimidated by tall girls. They provide the best disguises ;)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... 55c996.jpg
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Rufusluciusivan, I hope to post the first chapter later this week. I've started writing, just need to edit it.

I can't promise that Ashley will return, but it's a big story, so you never know. ;)

Esercito, I will try to work some schoolgirls in somewhere in the story. Maybe not a whole team, but I think at least one or two can spare their clothes for the greater good. :)

Return to “Stories by Tirepanted”