The Nurse From The Mainland

slainplus

Post by slainplus »

By Slain

The visitor from the future sat behind some bushes along the path leading to the professor’s house as if waiting to ambush someone headed for the house. Near dark she heard something that sounded like a person walking down the path. She rose up to her feet to see over the bushes. Her movement generated more noise than she anticipated. Cursing she moved aside some foliage so she could see down the path.

The nurse moved slowly and carefully along the path through the dark, creepy looking forest. She crossed a small clearing like a soldier crossing a minefield; then she heard a rustling sound coming from the woods ahead of her. Frightened she froze like a deer caught in the headlights while trying to see what had made the noise she heard.

The visitor saw a woman in white standing just a short distance from her hiding place. The woman appeared frightened by something. Determined not to let the woman escape the visitor clawed her way through the bushes she had hidden herself in.

The nurse let out a loud scream when she heard something big crashing through the undergrowth towards her. Still screaming she turned on her heels, and started running back the way she had come. Before she could reach the other side of the clearing she tripped on something on the ground. She fell heavily, and did a face plant into ground along the path. Spitting out pieces of dead grass and leaves she struggled to rise, but sank back down since she had knocked the wind out of herself.

The visitor pounced on the helpless nurse, and flipped her over on her back. The nurse screamed as the visitor torn into her, and then she abruptly stopped screaming. After subduing the nurse, the visitor grabbed the woman by the wrists and dragged her body off the path.

“Good grief, that sounded like a woman screaming,” Claire said as she peered through the curtains of the living room window.

“Yes, I heard it too,” Hedges said. Then he asked the professor, “Doctor Erling do you have any guns in the house?”

“I have a few shotguns,” Doctor Erling said.

“Good, we’d better take them along when go outside to see what that screaming was all about,” Hedges said.

“Yes, of course. I’ll go get them.”

The nurse lay as if sleeping peacefully. Without her starched nurse’s cap on her beehive hairdo had sprung up to an impressive height. The visitor sat beside the nurse with gloating expression on her horribly disfigured face. She now wore the nurse’s cap and her uniform. The nurse herself lay in just her half-slip and bullet bra. In addition to her nurse’s uniform the visitor had also taken the woman's girdle, and her white stockings.

She dipped a brush into a small jar. Then she dabbed a greenish goo on the nurse’s face. After a short time she had the nurse’s face covered with green goo from her jaw to her hairline. Then the goo seemed to vanish into the skin of the nurse’s face like magic. After a short time the visitor tickled her fingertips under nurse’s jaw, and peeled away the skin from her face like it was a big piece of tape. What was left of the nurse's face looked all reddish like second degree burn; the green goo had apparently scorched the skin off.

The visitor took the skin she peeled from the nurse’s face, and placed it over her own face like a mask. She pressed the skin mask to her face, held there for a moment. When she lowered her hands the nurse’s face had magically been transferred over her own horribly disfigured face.

There was a knock on the door. When Hedges answered the door the visitor-nurse said, “Hello, I sorry if I’m a little late.”

“We heard a woman screaming a little while ago,” Claire said.

“Really, I didn’t hear anything,” the visitor said.

Hedges and Doctor Erling started searching the forest around the house. Eventually they came to the path leading from the boat dock to the house. Hedges bent down, and picked up a white shoe.

“What do we have here?” Doctor Erling asked.

“It looks like a woman’s shoe,” Hedges said.

“More specifically it looks like a nurse shoe,” Erling said.

The pair started searching the area where they had discovered the shoe. It didn’t take them long to find a woman’s underwear clad body lying beside a fallen log. To their horror they saw the woman’s face had been burned off.

“I wonder who she is,” Doctor Erling said and then, “Good grief what happened to her face?”

“I think she must be the nurse the doctor sent from the mainland,” Hedges said.

“But we just left…” Doctor Erling said his voice trailing off as the realization sank in.

Return to “Stories by Slain”