esercito sconfitto

Sumuru ( 2003)

Post by esercito sconfitto »

meditions142

Re: Sumuru ( 2003)

Post by meditions142 »

The original link appears to be gone.

Here is a new link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5kmw08

Scene starts right at the beginning . The good guys confront the evil queen. Two of them (warning one of them is a man) come in dressed as guards.

At the 1:30 mark you see the real guards. Three women are seated against a wall bound and gagged. Two of them have had their uniforms stolen.

It is hard to tell but it appears the guard who didn't lose her uniform is unconscious.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

It's funny you posted this scene. I actually just watched this on Amazon Prime about a month ago. I fell asleep and missed the entire uniform stealing scene.
I really like Michael Shanks, because I'm a huge Stargate fan.
Believe it or not, this film is a remake.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

darth chlorophorm 2 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm It's funny you posted this scene. I actually just watched this on Amazon Prime about a month ago. I fell asleep and missed the entire uniform stealing scene.
I know the original movie well. Albeit it was not set on a sci-fi world. There was the "Million Eyes of Sumuru" and a follow up "The Girl from Rio". These were all part of the late sixties/early seventies "Girl Army" films involving an evil woman with a army of henchwomen and female guards.

I was always kind of disappointed that these movies didn't have uniform steals in them. For example, in the movie "Wonder Women" the evil woman had a large contingent of female guards who wore gold satin mini-dresses and black boots. https://www.deviantart.com/kagomasa/art ... -832196939

I always thought it would have been fun is one of the female characters took out one of the guards to steal her uniform dress and boots.
darth chlorophorm 2

meditions142 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:29 pm
darth chlorophorm 2 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm It's funny you posted this scene. I actually just watched this on Amazon Prime about a month ago. I fell asleep and missed the entire uniform stealing scene.
I know the original movie well. Albeit it was not set on a sci-fi world. There was the "Million Eyes of Sumuru" and a follow up "The Girl from Rio". These were all part of the late sixties/early seventies "Girl Army" films involving an evil woman with a army of henchwomen and female guards.

I was always kind of disappointed that these movies didn't have uniform steals in them. For example, in the movie "Wonder Women" the evil woman had a large contingent of female guards who wore gold satin mini-dresses and black boots. https://www.deviantart.com/kagomasa/art ... -832196939

I always thought it would have been fun is one of the female characters took out one of the guards to steal her uniform dress and boots.
I've seen all these movies and "Wonder Women" is a great movie. I agree with you. All those very beautiful women, in their sexy uniforms were just begging to have their outfits stolen by a lead heroine.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

darth chlorophorm 2 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:16 pm
I've seen all these movies and "Wonder Women" is a great movie. I agree with you. All those very beautiful women, in their sexy uniforms were just begging to have their outfits stolen by a lead heroine.
I was always a little disappointed with Wonder Women since I am more of a "non-lethal" guard takeout fan.

The scene where the woman rescues the hero while he is guarded by two women could have been fun in my mind as a non-lethal. However, instead, the woman sneaks up on guard in the hall and breaks her neck. She then kills the guard watching the prisoner in the room with a throwing star to the back. Still neat but I would have really preferred non-lethal.

The funny thing about those gold dress clad female guards is they make Storm Troopers look good. There are a bunch of them and they all get taken out without getting anyone!
darth chlorophorm 2

meditions142 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:47 pm
darth chlorophorm 2 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:16 pm
I was always a little disappointed with Wonder Women since I am more of a "non-lethal" guard takeout fan.

The scene where the woman rescues the hero while he is guarded by two women could have been fun in my mind as a non-lethal. However, instead, the woman sneaks up on guard in the hall and breaks her neck. She then kills the guard watching the prisoner in the room with a throwing star to the back. Still neat but I would have really preferred non-lethal.

The funny thing about those gold dress clad female guards is they make Storm Troopers look good. There are a bunch of them and they all get taken out without getting anyone!
I'm with on on the non-lethal thing as well, my friend.
slainplus

Post by slainplus »

I think it would be better to kill people on the way OUT of a place than to kill people on the way in. If you have to shoot your way into a place good luck on getting out!
darth chlorophorm 2

slainplus wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:28 am I think it would be better to kill people on the way OUT of a place than to kill people on the way in. If you have to shoot your way into a place good luck on getting out!
Right, Slain. There's a time in a story were killing becomes a must. Like a shoot-out while attempting an escape or attacking an enemy stronghold.
Your enemy isn't just going to let you walk in or out the heavily guarded front door.

Return to “Science Fiction, Fantasy”