Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Planet of The Amazon Women

esercito sconfitto

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Planet of The Amazon Women

Post by esercito sconfitto »

there is a uniform stealing scene ( alas, off screen)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwZmwdjeQA
meditions

Re: Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Planet of The Amazon Wo

Post by meditions »

While I cannot view the video due to copyright issues and Youtube, I am assuming this is the scene where Wilma is wearing the uniform of one of the Xantian guards. She states that she had to “borrow” a uniform. This clearly indicates that she has taken out one of the guards to obtain the uniform.

What is strange was I actually remembered watching the episode when it first aired. For years I remembered a scene where we saw a guard walking her patrol route past a narrow corridor. Wilma steps out behind her, covers her mouth and drags her out of site.

Years later when the show re-aired and I also got the DVD, the scene was not there. I therefore assumed my memory had filed in a scene that didn’t really exist. However, on a forum post I saw discussing the episode (it may actually have been the old USB board) someone remembered the same scene of the guard being grabbed. Therefore, it is possible there is a partial scene out there somewhere. If it was in the original I’m at a loss as to why the current version available doesn’t have it.

Regardless, I am so disappointed we don’t have a scene of Wilma knocking out a guard and stealing her uniform. As a fan of the “silenced sentry/guard” genre I really wish we had more action involving taking out the female guards. Some of the guards you see in background shots were rather cute.

There was one scene where Buck and the Prime Minister’s daughter escape in his ship by shooting their way out of the space port. A total of six guards get taken out in the process but its quick and overall bot terribly good. Two girls receive what appears to be a nerve pinch from the Prime Minister’s daughter while Buck uses a laser pistol he took from one of the nerve pinch victims. He shoots near four other guards and, apparently, the blasts knock them out.

Overall, the episode was not nearly as good as it could have been. If only we saw what Wilma did to the girl whose uniform she had stolen.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

found at last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gyrKZLOEhw

from 32:15

"I had to BORROW an uniform!

I presume that's all ;)
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Since you youtube clip is down, here is the episode on dailymotion. We see Wilma in her "borrowed" uniform for the first time at the 32:20 mark.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vh3vv

So frustrating that we don't get to see what Wilma did to get the guard out of her uniform. Presumably Wilma needed to knock her out. That could have been great to see.

Sadly the show really limits the action involving the guards. We do get to see Buck and the Prime Minister's daughter take out six of them just past the 36:25 mark but sadly the action is quick and not all that great.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Here is another version of the show from the NBC official site. The quality is a bit better.

Here it is:

https://www.nbc.com/buck-rogers-in-the- ... en/3979541

Colonel Deering's comment about "borrowing" a uniform is just past the 32 minute mark.

Still always considered this such a disappointment. The way the Colonel says she borrowed a uniform she clearly waylaid one of the female guards. Seeing Colonel Deering, played by the lovely Erin Gray, for example, taking out a guard with a neck chop before dragging her off to be striped and tied up would be almost too good to be true.

As a fan of the "silenced sentry" genre this show held so much promise. However, the scene around 36 is the only thing that is any good and it is way too quick. Although, the higher quality video does let you see the blonde guard by the steps does look like she might be kind of cute. I do love the way she starts to draw her gun on Buck but because she is focused on Buck the female accomplice easily gets a grip on her neck and shoulder to apply the nerve pinch. Before she can even aim she begins to fall to the floor while being knocked out by the pinch. Buck then grabs the gun out of her hand. She is the perfect ineffective female sentry taken out by an attacker.

It is also funny that the women seem to have Stormtrooper aim and miss Buck. Odd though that the blast of the laser seems to have enough force to render the women unconscious even though they are not hit.
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

New link please!
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

When this show was originally airing, I was just a little kid, but I had such a huge crush on Erin Gray. I still have the Wilma Action Figure somewhere in my basement.
Dolemite3

Re: Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Planet of The Amazon Women

Post by Dolemite3 »

With some dvd's you get deleted scenes. I wonder if it might be the same with a dvd of this.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Dolemite3 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm With some dvd's you get deleted scenes. I wonder if it might be the same with a dvd of this.
I actually have the DVD set. Sadly no deleted scene. So disappointing.
Dolemite3

Post by Dolemite3 »

That is a shame. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Return to “Science Fiction, Fantasy”