That Halloween Night

Praetorian

That Halloween Night

Post by Praetorian »

20:32, 31st October 2019

For the third time since getting out of her blue Honda, Leah tripped over her robe and – as she was picking herself off the gravel – wondered how you were supposed to murder anyone while wearing such a ridiculous outfit!

That’s the magic of movie-making, I suppose…

Leah pulled off the floppy white mask and shook her head, clearing long auburn locks out of her eyes and deciding it would be easier if she waited until she was in the party to put in on – where there would be plenty of light.

She could see the party in question – or rather, the large farmhouse it was being hosted in – across the cornfield that separated it from and surrounded the parking lot (the large lump of gravel where everyone had parked their cars) on all four sides (with a little gap for the road). With at least a dozen windows, it was easy for the warm light to pour out over the chilly darkness. Leah shivered: under the black robe, all she had on was a sweater and jeans, and the gloves had been made for style, not warmth.

Guess that’s why they didn’t set Scream during the winter Leah thought to herself as she trudged across the lot. The killers wouldn’t be very scary if they froze to death on the phone.

The thought made the nineteen-year-old chuckle. “W-w-w-wh-what’s y-your f-f-favourite-rite s-s-scar-ry m-m-mo-movie.” She muttered to herself, too busy laughing to notice the figure lunging at her from the row of cars – but she definitely felt it when they collided.

“Gah!” Leah crashed back to the gravel, just like she had done three times already – but this time she couldn’t get up. “Hey! what…” That was at far she got before a gloved hand clamped over her mouth, reducing her screams to muffled whimpers.

Horrific thoughts and images flashed through Leah’s mind – and they only got worse as she realised that her attacker was too heavy to shake off and that she couldn’t bite at their hand through the glove.

Suddenly, the gloved hand vanished, and Leah gulped down air before screaming at the top of her lungs. “HELP! HE…!” Her screams were cut short by something sticky being stamped on her cheek and pulled over her mouth. It wasn’t until the stuff had been wrapped around her head three times that Leah’s panic-stricken mind realised it was duct tape.

“NMMMP!”

Then her attacker rose to their feet, grabbing her arms and pulling her up as well, twisting them behind her back. They started dragging her back, back towards the row of cars, back towards the cornfield.

Leah didn’t stop struggling or screaming behind her gag, even as she was dragged closer and closer to the corn. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed two little dots of light coming down the road towards the lot.

Car lights.

At the sight of them, Leah’s hope flared. If she could stay out of the corn for just a few more seconds – or keep making noise – she’d be safe! “HMMM! HMMM!”

But as the light drew closer, her attacker pulled harder. And just when it seemed like the arriving car lights would wash over them, they vanished into the corn – and Leah’s muffled screaming stopped.

The driver picked an empty space, parked the car, and got out, eyes glued to her phone as she headed across the gravel towards the farmhouse. She was dressed as a Mandalorian soldier from Star Wars: The Clone Wars – though she had apparently forgotten her helmet, leaving her black hair and dark eyes for all to see. She was so engrossed in her phone that she completely missed the Ghostface mask, lying abandoned on the ground as she walked past it into the corn – and she missed the eyes watching her as well.

A few minutes later, the corn parted and a figure wearing a black robe over a white sweater and jeans strode towards a blue Honda, an unconscious Leah slung over one shoulder. The redhead was still gagged, and now there was duct tape binding her wrists, ankles, calves and thighs. And without her costume or regular clothes, she had been reduced to her purple bikini panties and padded bra. Even asleep, she was still shivering.

Reaching the car, the thief dropped the nineteen-year-old to the gravel as they pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the vehicle. Popping open the trunk, they picked up and dropped Leah on her belly inside. Pulling out a well-used roll of duct tape, they used what was left to tape Leah’s wrists and ankles together. Throwing the bare roll into the trunk beside their prisoner, they slammed it shut and headed across the gravel towards the farmhouse, stopping only to pick up and slip on the Ghostface mask. Wading through the cornfield, they walked up to the door and knocked, stepping back as it opened.

“Leah! What took you so long?” A woman dressed as Red Riding Hood greeted her eagerly, seasonal music pumping past her.

Ghostface gestured vaguely back towards the cars as they stepped inside, the door shutting behind them.

01:44, 1st November 2019

“Okay everyone, drive safely and have a good night.” Officer Casey Drew watched as the various costumed party-goers all found their cars or whoever they were hitching a ride from. She had made it clear that the only people who would be driving tonight were the ones who were sober, and that anyone who wasn’t needed to find someone to get them home safely.

All in all, it wasn’t the worst Halloween party she’d broken up in her career – no one had mistaken her uniform for a costume this time. There had been a few arguments, but most had just accepted that the party was over – Officer Drew suspected that they didn’t want to explain to their colleges why they had been arrested.

She watched the remaining party-goers get into their cars – there was a sci-fi soldier, a Freddy Krueger, a Superman, a Slave Leia (who really looked like she was regretting picking such a costume to wear at night), a Michael Myers and a Ghostface. Michael Myers had taken his mask off, revealing a nineteen-year-old who looked sober enough to drive – but Ghostface still had theirs on.

“Hey, Ghostface,” she called out, and the white mask turned towards her. “Take that off before you start driving, okay?”

The Ghostface gave her a thumbs up before continuing towards their car.

“As in now, please.” The veteran of several drunk-driving crime scenes started walking towards them as the last car pulled out of the lot, leaving only her and Ghostface, who looked back again as the police officer walked up to them. “Look, I’m sure you’re going to take it off once you’re in the car, just let me see you’re not drunk and…” Officer Drew stopped as she realised that the Ghostface was now just staring at her – as in, she could tell it wasn’t the ‘I’m listening, keep talking’ stare, more of the ‘uhhhh….’ look. Having given many interrogations to suspects and lectures to her daughter, Officer Casey had become pretty good at recognising the body language, even when she couldn’t see a face. “Just show me you’re not drunk and we can both go home.”

Inside the trunk, Leah’s voice had gone hoarse from all her muffled screaming for help, and her almost-naked body was covered in sweat from several hours of bucking and thrashing. But for all her effort, she was still a prisoner. All she had managed to do was flip from her front to her back, but that just meant she was lying on her taped-together hands and feet.

Lying on her back, exhausted, bound and gagged in her underwear, the nineteen-year-old could only sob in terror.

Please… please, give me another chance, I'm sorry!

Suddenly, the boot opened, startling its occupant into a muffled scream. She looked up, through blurry eyes, to see her white Ghostface mask looking down at her.

Then they bent down, and hoisted something into the trunk – and Leah shrieked as a limp body was dumped on top of her. She was still screaming as Ghostface slammed the trunk shut.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Welcome to my first story on the board. As a horror fan, I've been searching for a way to include uniform stealing in these kinds of stories, and hopefully, I've done it well. A big thanks to Tirepanted and Rufusluciusivan for inspiring me - especially R's Pakal series, who made me realise you can write uniform stealing stories in different genres. Let me know what you think, next chapter will hopefully be up soon!
esercito sconfitto

Re: That Halloween Night

Post by esercito sconfitto »

don't stop NOW ! fill up the trunk with other underwear-clad bodies! post part two! :)

hey by the way great start and welcome on board :D

come on where is part 2 :cry:

PS more details about footwears, thanks in advance ;)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Welcome to the club! Always happy to have a new writer aboard, and glad to hear that I helped serve as your inspiration. :)

A good start to the story, with some timely references (there is a new Scream movie out now, although you note this story takes place in 2019). I was worried that this would take a turn into the violent slasher elements so commonly associated with those movies, but thankfully it doesn't appear to be going that route.

I notice that the gender of the costume thief isn't revealed in this chapter - I assume she's a woman, but only based on the context of the board. ;)
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

Good story! Looking forward to read the second part.

Return to “Stories by Praetorian”