Story - The Butler Did It

Blue-Cynthia

Re: Story - The Butler Did It

Post by Blue-Cynthia »

This is the second finished half of this story. I rushed this a bit since I've been lazy in actually getting it done.

-------

Now that Anna was taken care of Naomi undressed herself and began getting into Anna’s butler uniform. Naomi began by putting on Anna’s shirt and buttoning it up to the top collar. Next came the trousers which Naomi followed by tucking the shirt in and finishing it with the belt around her waist. The necktie was next with the vest which Naomi buttoned and tightened to fit her figure. Anna’s wristwatch came next even though Naomi didn’t need it, it felt proper to wear it as part of the butler uniform. The signature tailcoat that was part of any good butler’s uniform was put on next with Naomi making sure to brush off any lint to look tidy and professional. Naomi stepped into the pumps and fortunately they fit minus the slight pinch on the toes, but since she only intended to wear it for a few hours at most that shouldn’t be a problem.

Naomi looked herself over in the mirror to finalize her appearance- She adjusted the tie, applied a rosewood red lipstick from her purse, and put on Anna’s white butler gloves.

Before she headed out to await her target’s arrival she checked on Anna to make sure the sedative was doing its job and sure enough, it was. Anna was sound asleep and more importantly, most likely wouldn’t be a reliable witness to Naomi’s work since they had such a short interaction. Taking a closer look at Anna, Naomi noticed she had a pair of simple pearl earrings on. Now that she thought about it, were they a part of the airline uniform for women? Recalling earlier she did notice that the flight stewardess had the same kind of earrings on. Naomi took the pearl earrings off of Anna and put them on herself. If they were indeed part of the uniform then all the better, besides they added that final touch to her butler appearance.

She covered Anna back up and checked her watch or more accurately, Anna’s watch- 2:46 PM. That left her 14 minutes to wait around. She’d spent a lot of time getting dressed in the butler uniform, but to be fair Naomi did take her time since there was a lot of waiting around.

Naomi then exited the small first-class apartment room but not before pressing a button on the armchair that would activate a red light outside the door that indicated the passenger inside did not want to be disturbed. That would help prevent someone from stumbling upon the sleeping Anna and compromising her assignment which definitely could not be afforded mid-flight.

With that all done Naomi exited the plane to await Jordan at the terminal, giving the passengers and real airline employees she passed by who looked at her a warm smile, receiving a few in return herself. Nobody batted an eye and that was perfect. She had replaced the sole butler on board and no one had noticed anything wrong- at least not yet.

Waiting at the boarding gate didn’t take long and soon enough Jordan Belmonte showed up. He was a handsome-looking man in his mid-30s with slicked hair and a crisp navy suit. Jordan was followed by a woman in a black skirt suit and tie with dark pantyhose and high heels. She was white- maybe Hispanic to be more precise based on her skin tone, a slim build, brown eyes, and dull blonde hair in a low ponytail. No doubt his bodyguard.

Naomi approached Jordan to greet him, offering him a smile and extending a hand for him to shake which he took as he came closer, “Hello Mr. Belmonte I’m Naomi and it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ll be your butler this flight.”

Jordan smiled back at Naomi, “Likewise it’s a pleasure to meet you,” He gestured to the woman accompanying him, “This is my bodyguard, Maya.” The bodyguard- Maya, looked at Naomi and gave her a nod as acknowledgment.

“If you follow me I’ll show you to your accommodations.” Naomi gestured for Jordan and Maya to follow her onboard the plane. She led them to the first-class area showing Maya the sole first-class apartment that hadn’t been bought out by Naomi, it was directly across from Jordan’s Residence room. Maya showed herself in, taking a seat in the armchair that gave her a direct view of Jordan’s room. Hopefully that wouldn’t be an issue…

“And for you Mr. Belmonte here is The Residence accommodation solely to yourself,” Naomi opened the entry door for Jordan, making a gesture for Jordan to enter first as she stood in the aisle. Jordan entered and promptly sat himself down in the armchair as Naomi followed behind him. She went over the provided amenities onboard and available in his room, acting like she thought a butler should. That and trying to copy the last butler from the time she had been in this room herself.

“Would you like a beverage as we prepare to take off shortly?” She asked Jordan. This was part of her plan to assassinate him. Naomi would lace Jordan’s drink with a slow acting poison that would induce a heart attack approximately eight hours after consumption. It wasn’t an elaborate plan, but it was effective and that’s what mattered the most. Jordan thought it over for a moment, “I’ll have a mimosa, if you please.”

“Certainly, I’ll return with your beverage shortly,” Naomi stepped back and out into the aisle, “Would you like for me to close the privacy doors?”

“Hmm, no, you can leave them open. Thank you.”

She nodded at Jordan and spun on her heels to make her way to the staff area. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed that Maya was watching her. Not good. Maya being a competent and observant bodyguard could spell trouble.

Naomi was able to have a mimosa for Jordan made after speaking to the bartender at the onboard bar lounge, still, no other employees on the plane gave Naomi a second glance at her disguise proving its effectiveness. Once the mimosa was made and handed to her Naomi made her way to Jordan, discreetly slipping a pill from her sleeve that she had hidden earlier. When it entered the drink it dissolved into bubbles within seconds. Neither Jordan nor Maya would be one the wiser.

“Mr. Belmonte,” She greeted him as she returned to his room and handed the mimosa over. He gave a thanks and immediately took a sip from the drink and nodded in satisfaction. He had unknowingly sealed his fate, “If you needed anything else don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Heh, thank you, but I’m not a very needy person if I say so myself. Besides, it’s a short flight until we layover.”

Naomi nodded and then exited Jordan’s room with her hands clasped in front of her. She noticed Maya look at her briefly before turning her head back to the TV in her room. Now, considering she was an imposter aboard a confined space with real employees Naomi thought she couldn’t exactly linger around them in the staff areas. That’s where all the first-class rooms she bought out came into play. Naomi walked away while purposefully loudening her steps with audible clicks to simulate her leaving as she was out of sight she quieted them and then ducked into the furthest of the first-class apartments she bought out and quietly shut the doors.

If Jordan or Maya needed something she’d be able to hear them and return in her butler guise, otherwise, she’d quietly wait here.

Sometime later...

Three hours passed since then and neither Jordan nor Maya called for her. She’d simply been idling on the armchair waiting. One more hour until the plane touched down for a layover before it would continue onto its destination and Naomi could slip back into her own clothes and leave as if nothing happened.

Until she heard a woman’s voice yell out, “Mr. Belmonte!”

‘Was that Maya?’ Naomi thought. Did something happen? Naomi opened the door in time to see Maya run out from her room into Jordan’s. ‘Shit…’

Naomi rushed over to see what was going on and saw Jordan on the ground in a convulsion-like state. Maya was leaning over him trying to figure out what to do. It appeared the poison had taken effect several hours too early… This complicated things severely since Naomi intended for it to obviously happen long after the plane ride. But now this simply meant improvising, something she was good at doing on the job. Already she was forming her next course of action in her mind as she looked at Maya.

Maya was leaning over Jordan and in the process of beginning life saving measures- which would be futile on poison, when she felt a hand firmly grip her shoulder and a voice whisper into her ear, “I can’t have you doing that now can I?” Then Maya’s world turned black as she felt pressure on her neck.

Sometime later again…

Several hours later Naomi was aboard a helicopter over the Pacific Ocean en route to GHOST headquarters which was simply named ‘The Agency’. Naomi was now dressed in a black skirt suit with pantyhose and high heels. She sat around in the back, idling around. She looked through a tablet, browsing the internet and news stories for anything interesting.

USBair
A legal advisor from New York City was found dead alongside two unconscious women in their undergarments. Authorities are trying to fig... tap for more

Heartfelt City Chronicles
Mayor dumping illegal chemicals exposed! Several cosplayers and guards were found bound and gagged in their underwear at the mayor's conve... tap for more

"The Agency is in sight and we'll be touching down in a minute, agent." The pilot announced to her. Naomi put the tablet away as The Agency came into view. It was a facility complex built on an unmarked archipelago, in the middle was the main building- a large grey-white brick and metal building surrounded by the rest of the complex, it also had a massive GHOST symbol placed on the front of the building.

The pilot landed the helicopter on a helipad and Naomi stepped off with the helicopter immediately taking off into the air as she left. Naomi made her way into the main building. Passing by dozens of GHOST operatives in various positions- everyone from field agents, security officers, and interns. After going through a security checkpoint Naomi entered an elevator and punched in a code to ascend to the top floor of the building.

When the elevator doors opened Naomi was greeted by a long hallway that split into a three-way intersection. The left and right hallway split off into more hallways and rooms. The middle hallway led straight down into a pair of golden double doors which Naomi made her way towards. The hallway was lined with golden trophies and artifacts- golden vases, golden benches, weapons.

Upon reaching the golden double doors Naomi gave a few knocks. She looked up into a security camera placed in the corner of the ceiling, "You may enter." A muffled voice called behind the doors.

She entered and shut the doors behind her. The room was filled with more golden trophies. The back of the room was filled with various computer screens showing live footage and information. And in front of her directly in the middle was a desk with a man sitting down at it. He looked to be in his late 20s or somewhere in his 30s. He had a handsome, chiseled face with a comb over fade hairstyle. His right eye was greyed out with a scar running across it. He wore a suit vest and tie with a double shoulder holster that held a pair of golden handguns. Perhaps most strikingly were the tattoos all over his body. His neck down and arms were covered in them.

This man was her boss. But not just her boss, everyone's boss. He was the leader of GHOST. His name is Midas and whether that's a codename or actually his real name nobody knew. Midas himself was the director of the espionage division of GHOST, and Naomi reported directly to him being one of his top agents. It was a privilege for anyone at GHOST to speak directly to him.

"Midas, sir." Naomi approached his desk as he looked up at her.

"Agent Koga. Take a seat." Naomi did as she was told to. Midas leaned back in his chair, resting his hands on the back of his head. "Have you read the news? The Mayor of Heartfelt City had illegal activity exposed at his own convention. Along with several people found divested of their clothes..."

"One of our jobs?" Naomi asked him. She recalled reading the news headline back on the helicopter ride but not further.

"No. Freelancers, if I had to venture a guess. I might know who they are since they mostly operate in Heartfelt City. Anyway, that's not important to us. I also saw your mission made the news."

"That it did. I saw the news about that too. Jordan is no more. Though there was an issue with the poison used, it acted several hours too early and changed my plans. Especially since he had a bodyguard with him." Naomi gestured to the clothes she was wearing and Midas nodded at her with a smile.

"I see... I see... I'll have someone look into it so that won't happen again in the future. What matters is that the mission was successful and your identity wasn't blown."

"Thank you, sir." She nodded at him.

"Now go on and take some rest. I'll have another assignment for you next week." Midas nodded at her and she stood up with a short bow. She exited his office as Midas spun around in his chair to face the screens.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

"Heartfelt City" ? :o

some details don't go unnoticed 8-)

Trackman's town is a crowded place right now! :D

wonderful short tale!
Charlie06

Post by Charlie06 »

Nice little story. Flowed very well with the right amount of action in it to read like a spy thriller. Great job.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

I'm really pleased to see the second part posted as I was wondering when and hey, don't worry about being lazy. It can happen to us all. :D

I really like the way, you pay close attention to all the detail about Naomi getting changed into Anna's uniform. It's just the small things, like having Naomi quickly brush off any lint that may have gotten onto the uniform, so she looks smart and professional. I like these little details and I think you did a tremendous job with highlighting this. :D

I also liked that Naomi even took Anna's earrings, just to be on the safe side unless her cover gets blown. :D

I loved the takedown of Maya, it was one of those off screen takedowns, that has the "less you see is more effective" approach. Because all we know is that Maya has been taken down, yet it's what we don't fully see that actually makes it quite sexy. So brilliant job on that. :D
Heartfelt City Chronicles
Mayor dumping illegal chemicals exposed! Several cosplayers and guards were found bound and gagged in their underwear at the mayor's conve... tap for more

Thank you! :oops: .........You know, if Naomi ever happens to find herself in Heartfelt City at any point in the future, she's always welcome. All she ever needs to do is ask. :D ;)

Honestly, though thank you for giving my world a shout out, it was unexpected, but it was greatly appreciated, it really was, and I said above. Heartfelt City is always open for new infiltrators and new agents, plus it seems that "GHOST" has a rough idea as to whom is operating in Heartfelt City. Goodness, it seems that the "Nine Sisters" are truly becoming well known. If Naomi ever needs help in going after anyone in Heartfelt. I'm sure she'll have allies IF she needs them. ;) 8-)

All in all, this was a fantastic short story and it was really nice to see the second part. I hope you decide to write future stories as this one was really enjoyable and I know that you are someone who enjoys exploring ideas of uniforms that have never been stolen before, so I can't wait to see what else you might think of. Brilliant work! :D

Return to “Stories by Blue-Cynthia”