Chapter 42: Seeing Ghosts

rufusluciusivan

Re: Chapter 42: Seeing Ghosts

Post by rufusluciusivan »

I'm glad I was able to come across the update before the end of Sunday. ;)

Once more, good interactions. I confess I liked more the ones in Chapter 41, because 41 took more time developping them, but these interactions were great too. They flowed naturally. I especially enjoyed Ulla's and Willow's little conversation with Angel; but then again any moment featuring Angel trying to help others is a safe bet.

As for the neutralizations of the guards, I don't have much to say compared to what I said in the previous comment about the compound's infiltration. It's in fact in the continuity of the previous part, which is logical since it was written in one go. Still nice pace, still nice descriptions. I appreciate the variety of gadgets that were used in this chapter (including the previous post), it's like you tried to give each of the sisters' most popular gadgets a chance to shine. And then added a sniper rifle with sleeping dart as a bonus gift. ;) And I enjoyed it.

Good fights for the climax, though I'll admit that the justification for Ulla, Tina, and Kheshig confronting the Prophet on their own ALMOST stretched my willing suspension of disbelief. Though I understand the reasoning behind it, and in-context it doesn't seem out-of-character. Falcon had it a little easy, if you ask me though. ;)

So about the reveal of the Prophet's identity, only one thing to say... WOW! ;) I really shouldn't have doubted you and tirepanted! I admit, I wasn't expecting the reveal that the Prophet was actually IMPERSONATING the real Ashley. (I stand by my statement that, in my opinion, having the real Ashley be the Prophet would have been a mistake.) What a twist! And what a clever way to include your cameo... and to raise the 'Ashley-being-mugged-o-meter'. With a classic 'victim who falls from the closet once the door is opened' scenario to boot. Reminds me of Firecat from Outlaw Star. Perfection. (I think Ashley can now officially hold the title of the 'most often mugged woman of this Board'. I didn't count per say, but I think she bested Macha's or Rebecca's and Linda's records.) Plus, it has the added bonus of revealing the Prophet's hypocrisy: Ultimately, she also mugged someone to steal her identity!

I wasn't expecting a minor antagonist from an earlier story to make her return, but then again her taking the head of a group of anti-infiltrators is logical, given her previous part. And it explains why she refers to Theron and her family being killed by Tina and the Company. Does it mean that from the beginning it was a ploy to try to get her hands on Tina and her sisters? Or was the extermination of all infiltrators her goal, with Tina and her sisters as the side-bonus?

I appreciated the epilogue. It was a nice change of pace to feature other victims than Phantoms (and Ashley). Plus having the sisters score a victory against Anna felt so good. Like a back massage... :lol: I smell that Anna-gram Pharmaceutics will play a bigger part in the upcoming stories...

Ha! Ha! So many occasions to reveal the identity of the Phantoms' financier, and never one clue. I wonder why. :lol: ;)

If I had a regret, it would be that, with all the build-up that occured, the finale of this Arc was too quick. With all these characters, there was room for so much more interactions. I'm getting the feeling that this last part was too brief, especially the part between the final fight and the epilogue. As if it was lacking closure for some characters (Izanagi and Ellie for instance). Chapter 41 took a lot of time discussing the morality of some characters, but ultimately this chapter doesn't use all that build-up. But, as you said, having so many characters together at the same time makes the writing process VERY hard.

PS: I think your spellchecker was up to no good again :lol: . Cassie is called Claire during this segment.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Well, admittedly, I suppose I read this chapter a bit differently than some other people, since Trackman outlined the twist for me beforehand to ask my permission. (I of course said yes. :) ) The reveal that Ashley was the villain would have felt out of character (and perhaps like a crossover gone too far) if not for the double-twist pulled in the second half of this chapter. Once Trackman explained it to me, it seemed like a fun idea.

I admit that when I first wrote Ashley as a one-off USB victim a few years ago, I did not anticipate her becoming such a popular character. Still not entirely sure why, but I'm glad she resonates with people. (Although I assume she's less glad about it, since it means a lot of stories where she loses her clothes.)

As for the rest of the chapter (both halves), it made for a good read. I think Rufus is correct that the finale was a bit quick, but the bulk of the chapter featured a lot of fun interactions, storylines tying together, and memorable USB sequences.

The uniform steals themselves were a bit repetitive, but it makes sense as this was a Phantom-heavy chapter, so most of the victims would obviously be Phantom guards. The takedowns were brisk and fun, with a lot of memorable moments. My favorite was probably the mugging of Esme, Elaina, and Nicole - details like their use of face-covering helmets, plus being secured with their own handcuffs, made for a great little scene.

All in all, this chapter feels like a good conclusion to the last several chapters in the saga, while also setting up more storylines in the future. A good balance from both ends. Nicely done. :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Rufusluciusivan - Yes, that certainly was a few more hours later than what I would have liked, but I promised you Sunday so I wanted to deliver on that. :D
it's like you tried to give each of the sisters' most popular gadgets a chance to shine. And then added a sniper rifle with sleeping dart as a bonus gift. ;) And I enjoyed it.
Of course, I thought it would add to the Phantoms humiliation, as not only were they getting taken down and stripped by the very sisters who they've spent all this time hunting for, but they've also been knocked out by the very gadgets they were probably trained to avoid. Aaahhh sheer bliss, plus I remember that scene from one of your stories of where a couple of female snipers were taking down a group of guards using snipers filled with sleeping darts and I absolutely loved that scene and that idea, so I figured I'd take inspiration from that and use it as well, plust that also meant that Izanagi could get in on the action. :D
I especially enjoyed Ulla's and Willow's little conversation with Angel; but then again any moment featuring Angel trying to help others is a safe bet.
Angel will always be the one who truly wants to help other's, I think as time goes by, Ulla and (maybe) Willow will eventually see things in a more positive light, now I'm fully aware that these things do take time, so Angel naturally knows that they wouldn't change their views or look on things overnight, but she is very hopeful for these two women, that's for sure. :D
Good fights for the climax, though I'll admit that the justification for Ulla, Tina, and Kheshig confronting the Prophet on their own ALMOST stretched my willing suspension of disbelief. Though I understand the reasoning behind it, and in-context it doesn't seem out-of-character. Falcon had it a little easy, if you ask me though. ;)
A little bit of this is because the original final fight was significantly different to this one. Now this doesn't mean I simply made it up on the spot, no, no, quite the opposite actually. I thought about it for a while and I discovered that is made sense for these three women to have the final confrontation, simple because, they are the leaders of the three different groups in this arc and even though their reasons were different, their end goal was still the same, and that was put a stop to the Prophet. :D

Interestingly enough. Falcon WAS supposed to have died in this final fight, and if I'm being honest, her death scene was originally very brutal as Ulla was going to really make sure she felt a lot of pain, before giving her the final killing blow.....But.....I had a change of heart at the last moment as that might have made this entire too dark and might have even put some people off altogether, so I tweaked it a little to just have her being knocked out. I also knew from the start that Jetset and Prophet would survive, so nothing changed there.
So about the reveal of the Prophet's identity, only one thing to say... WOW! ;) I really shouldn't have doubted you and tirepanted! I admit, I wasn't expecting the reveal that the Prophet was actually IMPERSONATING the real Ashley. (I stand by my statement that, in my opinion, having the real Ashley be the Prophet would have been a mistake.) What a twist! And what a clever way to include your cameo... and to raise the 'Ashley-being-mugged-o-meter'. With a classic 'victim who falls from the closet once the door is opened' scenario to boot. Reminds me of Firecat from Outlaw Star. Perfection. (I think Ashley can now officially hold the title of the 'most often mugged woman of this Board'. I didn't count per say, but I think she bested Macha's or Rebecca's and Linda's records.) Plus, it has the added bonus of revealing the Prophet's hypocrisy: Ultimately, she also mugged someone to steal her identity!

Aaaaahhhhhh Thank you very much. *phew*, I won't lie, that actually made me breathe a sigh of relief as I know that this was something that you had your concerns over and I could fully understand why....BUT......I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed Ashley's little side adventure in this arc. The thing is that, when we started talking about Ashley being the Prophet, I already knew who the Prophet was, so I was never going to have the real Ashley be the Prophet, simply because as you so rightfully said. It would have just been so out of character for her and wouldn't have worked, so I liked the idea of not just a simple impersonation, but a full identity theft. :D

Oh yeah, that part with Ashley falling out the door in her undies, was greatly inspired but the amazing outlaw star "firecat" scene, as that is one of my favourite USB scenes of all time. That's why I even had Ashley shouting that she's the "real" Ashley, just to properly pay homage to that scene. :D

Hahaha poor Ashley, it seems she can't even go on holiday without being mugged for her clothes, or her identity. :lol: but look on the bright side, she certainly has achieved an award for most times mugged for their uniform. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Ashley as a whole is just awesome sauce, so the fact that I got to use her in one of my own stories, is nothing short of amazing and was an honour for me. :D
I wasn't expecting a minor antagonist from an earlier story to make her return, but then again her taking the head of a group of anti-infiltrators is logical, given her previous part. And it explains why she refers to Theron and her family being killed by Tina and the Company. Does it mean that from the beginning it was a ploy to try to get her hands on Tina and her sisters? Or was the extermination of all infiltrators her goal, with Tina and her sisters as the side-bonus?
I was flicking through some of my original works to see if I had any characters that were still sitting around waiting to be used again, that's when I remembered Chun-Hei. Now after her initial encounter with Tina, she vanished as was presumed dead. Even Theron thought she was dead as she found one of her robotic hands and hung it up as a remind, but I never did actually confirm her fate. So I thought "yeah, why not" and I brought Chun-Hei back into the fold. So this does mean that she will be returning (at some point) and clearly she's doesn't just steal clothes, she flat out steals women's identities, so this could lead to some interesting scenes in the future. :D
I appreciated the epilogue. It was a nice change of pace to feature other victims than Phantoms (and Ashley). Plus having the sisters score a victory against Anna felt so good. Like a back massage... :lol: I smell that Anna-gram Pharmaceutics will play a bigger part in the upcoming stories...

Hahaha :lol: oh but of course. Yes, I'm not a hundred percent sure how to handle it yet, but Anna will naturally be out for some kind of vengeance in the future, I mean in order to save face and her companies stock, she's just lied to everyone, and her plans for a batch of Ulla clones have now just gone up in smoke.....Or rather down the drain.....But she won't let this go, especially now she knows that Tina and her sisters helped her......Anna WILL return in the future. :D
Ha! Ha! So many occasions to reveal the identity of the Phantoms' financier, and never one clue. I wonder why. :lol: ;)
I know, so many opportunities presented itself, yet I remained completely quiet about it and didn't reveal a thing....Hhhhmmmm, now why did I do that...... I guess we will just have to wait and see and find out just WHO is financing the Phantoms, but everyone should not be weary as it will be revealed who this mystery business partner was and when they do find out, they'll see why it couldn't have been revealed sooner. ;)
I had a regret, it would be that, with all the build-up that occured, the finale of this Arc was too quick. With all these characters, there was room for so much more interactions. I'm getting the feeling that this last part was too brief, especially the part between the final fight and the epilogue. As if it was lacking closure for some characters (Izanagi and Ellie for instance). Chapter 41 took a lot of time discussing the morality of some characters, but ultimately this chapter doesn't use all that build-up. But, as you said, having so many characters together at the same time makes the writing process VERY hard.
As I say, I did sit back on my chair when I first started this chapter and I realized that I had a lot of characters coming into this final part, so I automatically knew that I was going to stagger in some area's as there was just no way I could get everything done. But this of course, will not be forgotten and multiple characters will appear in upcoming chapters as I don't want to leave any questions unanswered, for example.........

1. A new story will be written with Chun-Hei returning.
2. I want to do a chapter with Elisha revealing to the sisters and to Felicity about her life as a Phantom.
3. I naturally want the white masks to return, because as I've said before, I really love their characters.
4. I want to do a chapter with Kheshig officially taking over the mantle as the Phantoms leader and showing just how different things are.
5. Ulla and Anna will naturally return as Anna won't let this go unanswered, so Ulla will be seeking the sisters help once more.

.......I have no idea which one of these will come first as I haven't started writing anything yet. :D
PS: I think your spellchecker was up to no good again :lol: . Cassie is called Claire during this segment.
Oh god, your right, thank you for pointing that out. :oops: Although as you will now see, I have edited out the mistake and corrected it, so Cassie's name is back in full glory. :D

Thank you very much again as well for your amazing review! :D :D

Tirepanted Thank you very much. :D
Well, admittedly, I suppose I read this chapter a bit differently than some other people, since Trackman outlined the twist for me beforehand to ask my permission. (I of course said yes. :) ) The reveal that Ashley was the villain would have felt out of character (and perhaps like a crossover gone too far) if not for the double-twist pulled in the second half of this chapter. Once Trackman explained it to me, it seemed like a fun idea.
Yes, and of course, I do greatly thank you for giving me permission to have Ashley featured in this story as Ashley herself has become a legend on this forum, now fair enough we all know her as the one who always looses her uniform, but she is still a legend none of the less and I consider it both an honour and a privilege to have her make a crossover appearance. :D
As for the rest of the chapter (both halves), it made for a good read. I think Rufus is correct that the finale was a bit quick, but the bulk of the chapter featured a lot of fun interactions, storylines tying together, and memorable USB sequences.
I do also agree that in hind sight, I probably should have made the final confrontation longer, but I was worried that I had already gone too long in the chapter without a USB scene popping up, so part of me felt like I was dragging on. But this is of course, something that I can easily rectify in an upcoming chapter as next time Chun-Hei confronts Tina, I promise we will have a much more intense battle. :D
The uniform steals themselves were a bit repetitive, but it makes sense as this was a Phantom-heavy chapter, so most of the victims would obviously be Phantom guards. The takedowns were brisk and fun, with a lot of memorable moments. My favorite was probably the mugging of Esme, Elaina, and Nicole - details like their use of face-covering helmets, plus being secured with their own handcuffs, made for a great little scene.
I knew that with this being the main infiltration of the Phantoms HQ, that there wouldn't be much variety in terms of uniforms, hence why I had to mix it up a bit and make sure that the takedowns themselves were varied enough so it didn't feel like that same thing over and over again, so I am pleased to hear that I succeeded on that front for you. :D

Of course, I'll never forget that you are quite partial to the idea of having guards being restrained by their own equipment and rightfully so too as it is a good concept, because after all, if all these guards have hand cuffs to begin with, then our heroines might as well put them to good use. :D 8-)

Thank you very much your amazing feedback and of course, I thank you once again for giving me permission. Ever since Rufus found a way to have a crossover with your characters (Ashley) from before, I too have been clawing at the bits as well to somehow include some of your characters in my work, so to me this really was a delight to write. :D
rufusluciusivan

Interestingly enough. Falcon WAS supposed to have died in this final fight, and if I'm being honest, her death scene was originally very brutal as Ulla was going to really make sure she felt a lot of pain, before giving her the final killing blow.....But.....I had a change of heart at the last moment as that might have made this entire too dark and might have even put some people off altogether, so I tweaked it a little to just have her being knocked out. I also knew from the start that Jetset and Prophet would survive, so nothing changed there.
I see what you mean. Though in my opinion, there's a way to feature deaths in order to add drama to a scene without being too dark.
I was flicking through some of my original works to see if I had any characters that were still sitting around waiting to be used again, that's when I remembered Chun-Hei. Now after her initial encounter with Tina, she vanished as was presumed dead. Even Theron thought she was dead as she found one of her robotic hands and hung it up as a remind, but I never did actually confirm her fate. So I thought "yeah, why not" and I brought Chun-Hei back into the fold. So this does mean that she will be returning (at some point) and clearly she's doesn't just steal clothes, she flat out steals women's identities, so this could lead to some interesting scenes in the future. :D
I'd be interested to have a little timeline of the story: Did Chun-Hei recently take control of the Phantoms, or was it something she had already done by the time she was a cult leader? Did she kill the original Prophet to take her place, or did she simply rise through the ranks? Kheshig's words hint (if I remember correctly) that the Prophet has been active for quite some time, but if I remember correctly (judging by the timeline) Chun-Hei was presumed dead roughly 1 to 2 years before the event of Chapter 42.

I guess her entire motto about infiltrators was nothing but hypocritical lies as well, since she herself uses identity stealing as a tactic. Just a tool to get her revenge on Tina and her sisters?
1. A new story will be written with Chun-Hei returning.
2. I want to do a chapter with Elisha revealing to the sisters and to Felicity about her life as a Phantom.
3. I naturally want the white masks to return, because as I've said before, I really love their characters.
4. I want to do a chapter with Kheshig officially taking over the mantle as the Phantoms leader and showing just how different things are.
5. Ulla and Anna will naturally return as Anna won't let this go unanswered, so Ulla will be seeking the sisters help once more.
So many possibilities... ;) and so little time... And I'm sure you can add a story featuring Knipperen to the mix, because her status and personality make her a very interesting wild card - not an enemy of the sisters, more likely to be an ally of circumstances; but at the same time the sisters can't accept her mindset, and she gives fuel to hate-filled speeches such as Ellie's, which is actually a threat for the sisters in the long run since it generates anti-infiltrator sentiments, so I wonder if there'll ever be a direct confrontation between them.

Well, all these projects look attractive, to say the least. I can't wait to see them (or to discuss them in PM if you ever want to). ;)
Oh god, your right, thank you for pointing that out. :oops: Although as you will now see, I have edited out the mistake and corrected it, so Cassie's name is back in full glory. :D
I swear this spellchecker has secretly been programmed by an anti-infiltrator... Maybe the Phantoms have their own tech-expert. One called Switch or Web or something...
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Hahaha poor Ashley, it seems she can't even go on holiday without being mugged for her clothes, or her identity. :lol: but look on the bright side, she certainly has achieved an award for most times mugged for their uniform.
I think we should do a running tally for this, compiling data on which characters have been mugged for their uniforms the most. :lol:

If my count is correct, Linda and Rebecca have been mugged for their uniforms seven times in your stories (plus an eighth time if you count their appearance in Vendela). While I think Ashley has only been mugged six times, including her appearance here. She needs to catch up. ;)
Yes, and of course, I do greatly thank you for giving me permission to have Ashley featured in this story as Ashley herself has become a legend on this forum, now fair enough we all know her as the one who always looses her uniform, but she is still a legend none of the less and I consider it both an honour and a privilege to have her make a crossover appearance. :D
I was happy to oblige. I knew you'd do her character justice, and you did. :)
Thank you very much your amazing feedback and of course, I thank you once again for giving me permission. Ever since Rufus found a way to have a crossover with your characters (Ashley) from before, I too have been clawing at the bits as well to somehow include some of your characters in my work, so to me this really was a delight to write. :D
As I've said before, I'm thrilled that my characters have resonated so well, and I'm happy to see them featured in yours and Rufus' stories. I still don't full understand the rules of the USB cinematic universe (whether all the characters exist in the same timeline, or whether they are from alternate dimensions), but it's always fun to see my characters make the jump to other stories. :)
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Love it as usual.

As you can image I particularly loved the scene with Nicole, Esme and Elaina. So perfect to have three guards who are so easily taken out one by one.

First we get treated to Esme not calling for help but going to investigate a noise herself. Wonderful "dumb guard" mistake. And then the wonderful scene of Mag giving the pinch to the "sweet spot" at the junction of the guard's neck and shoulder. It is convenient and helpful that female guards
have the one special spot that when pinched or chopped sends them off to sleepyland.

Then there is lovely brunette Elaina. She also does a dumb guard move of letting the boredom get the better of her so that she is not paying as much attention as she should. Plus she stands near a place an attack can come from. Tina easily silences her with the hand over the mouth, then drags her out of site and, taking advantage of that special spot Tina knocks Elaina out with a good old trusty neck chop.

Then there is the wonderful take out of lovely blonde haired Nicole. Neat how quickly Angel’s dart takes effect. Nicole feels the effect so quickly that by the time she finds the dart that got her in her butt there is nothing she can do. And I love Nicole’s “Hey, what the.........I feel......Pretty good.......Mmmmmmm.....Nighty night.” Seems Nicole knows she is being put to sleep and thanks to the effects of the drug she doesn’t seem to mind.

And I love Nciole falling into the Najica/Aika butt in the air position. Good thing she had the helmet on or she could have hurt her face when she fell. I also love the image of Angel dragging the girl off under the armpits. Always loved that method to move an unconscious guard out of sight. Based on Nicole’s underwear choice she sounds like she may have been a bit more chubby then the other guards. Bet she was still really sexy however!

And of course it is great that the Phantoms have so many guards. The knockouts just keep coming. The Ada, Brooke, Janice and Journee scene is amazing. Love how they are picked off without the others noticing.

The Brooke and Janice scene is particularly fun. Amazing the way Mag is able to overpower both of them and keep them both women under enough control for Soph and Tina to cover their mouths to keep them quite and then inject them with the wonderful and powerful sleep drug. Soon enough, the powerful drug sends the two pretty blondes off into a deep sleep.

I also really Tina checking the girls’ pulse to make sure they have not had an unwanted bad reaction to the drug.

I love the scene with Lucille, Hannah and Angela. Just the idea of each one getting darted and then one of the team running out to catch are falling, unconscious body before it hits the floor is really, really cool.

Such great stuff!
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Rufusluciusivan -
I'd be interested to have a little timeline of the story: Did Chun-Hei recently take control of the Phantoms, or was it something she had already done by the time she was a cult leader? Did she kill the original Prophet to take her place, or did she simply rise through the ranks? Kheshig's words hint (if I remember correctly) that the Prophet has been active for quite some time, but if I remember correctly (judging by the timeline) Chun-Hei was presumed dead roughly 1 to 2 years before the event of Chapter 42.
I wouldn't mind having a few segments in a future chapter of Chun-Hei is having reminiscing about certain events, that way we could have some flashback scenes of her first escaping and fleeing after her first encounter with Tina. Then she could spend several months hiding, alone and scared before she eventually toughens up and seeks revenge. Then we could have a segment or two with her first joining the Phantoms, then maybe she could think the current leader is too weak, this would in turn have Chen-Hei then taking out and replacing the former leader of the Phantoms and thus re-christening herself as the "Prophet". Maybe something like that? And yes your right, since Tina defeated her, she disappeared for over 1 year, so she's allowed herself enough time into having everyone believe that she is dead.
So many possibilities... ;) and so little time... And I'm sure you can add a story featuring Knipperen to the mix, because her status and personality make her a very interesting wild card - not an enemy of the sisters, more likely to be an ally of circumstances; but at the same time the sisters can't accept her mindset, and she gives fuel to hate-filled speeches such as Ellie's, which is actually a threat for the sisters in the long run since it generates anti-infiltrator sentiments, so I wonder if there'll ever be a direct confrontation between them.

Well, all these projects look attractive, to say the least. I can't wait to see them (or to discuss them in PM if you ever want to). ;)
But of course. Knipperen will definitely make some future appearances as well. I had to cut a scene in this arc of her using her gun and trying to force a woman to give Knipperen her clothes, but this woman was going to call Knipperen's bluff and say things like ......"if you shoot me everyone will hear you, and even if they don't hear us, the bullet will get blood all over my uniform, so either way your won't shoot."........I'm disappointed that I had to cut that scene, but this doesn't mean it's gone forever, it just means I need to save for Knipperen's next appearance. :D

Oh and don't worry, I'm sure you'll see future PM's appearing in your inbox about story ideas, because after all, it's only natural. :D
Maybe the Phantoms have their own tech-expert. One called Switch or Web or something...
As

Holy.....Hot.....Ham....And cheese........I really, REALLY wished I had thought of something like this now, because one Phantom was actually cut from the list and she was left in the drawing room. I never gave her a name, but I remember she was very energetic, she loved playing DJ music and all over her Phantom armour she was covered in glow sticks and luminous paint splats.......Damn, I could have called her "Switch" or maybe even "kill-switch", she could have been like a computer / systems hacker, She could have even had her own set of gadgets and she also really loves nightclubs and concerts........Hhhhhmmmmm.

Plus if I'm also being honest. I wouldn't mind somehow including the clone officers more in future chapters. I know they only appeared for a couple of scenes in this arc, but in the beginning they played a massive role, so when I sat down and wrote their scenes, I remembered how much I liked writing them too, so yeah, expect to see them in some capacity again too. :D

Tirepanted - Rebecca and Linda are certainly remembered here in my stories, because they always end up bumping into Libido, who can never resist in tying up these two love birds in the classic 69 position after she's stripped them of their uniforms.......But it certainly seems that Ashley is remembered all across the forum as the iconic woman that she is and I agree with everyone on this too. Ashley is incredible, she's just become so memorable these past few years, that people literally want to see more of her (including me), even though we know she's just going to get mugged for her clothing again and again.....But it's Ashley, so I'm okay with that..........Although we might need to get Ashley's view on this too, as something tells me that even though she might like the fame, she might not like fact that she keeps getting ambushed for her clothing. :D
I was happy to oblige. I knew you'd do her character justice, and you did. :)
Why thank you very much. :oops: Doing your characters justice is something that I naturally take very seriously.

Hhhhmmmmm.......I've noticed as well, that several returning guards in all our series have quirky personalities, so I wonder what would happen if they shared a scene together. For instance.......In one scene, Sally and Ashley are guarding a main gate.......Stasis and Tina are trying to figure out how to distract them to get the jump on then. Then naturally Stasis would prank call Sally, making her lose it and start spitting down the comms with anger while Ashley just shakes her head in disbelief over how easily Sally gets pranked and wonder what on Earth she did in this life to get partnered with such morons like Sally.......then of course with Sally spitting feathers down the radio and Ashley in a state of disbelief about the partner she's been assigned with, this allows Stasis and Tina to get the jump on them and replace them.......Just an idea I had, maybe one day in a future chapter......Maybe. ;) :D
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Hi Trackman

In addition to my previous comment about your wonderful latest chapter I wanted to ask a question about something. As you know I very much enjoy the various techniques in your stories used to knock out the targets. Also, in the past you have discussed how Tinker is always working her gadgets and her knock out drugs.

So I have a couple questions.

In the scene where they take out the four women heading out on patrol, they first shoot Ada with a knockout dart. They then next give Brooke and Janice injections. With regard to the injections you even note the drug is "Tinker's serum" and that it puts both women into a deep sleep.

The effect on all three women though not instantaneous is rather quick.

So my first question is if the drug in the dart is same drug as in the injections?

Also, did they use the same drug then used on the Phantoms on Nicole later? Or for some reason did they use something different on her?

Finally, how long does the drug keep the women asleep? You mention it puts them into a deep sleep so I assume it will keep them asleep for quite awhile but I am curious just how long it lasts.

And by the way I loved the little discussion Izanagi had with Tina about her drug

“Well that depends, do you give me your word that you are using sleeping darts and what sort of effects do they have on your targets?”

“Okay fair enough, the serum in my darts hasn’t been brewed to perfection like yours and I won’t lie, it will give them one hell of a headache when they wake up. But I promise that apart from that, they will wake up safe and sound.”

That is a fabulously fun exchange.
rufusluciusivan

tirepanted3 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:44 am I still don't full understand the rules of the USB cinematic universe (whether all the characters exist in the same timeline, or whether they are from alternate dimensions)
If I may interject, I'd give a mathematician's answer: Yes. Since they are minor characters, I think each is free to interpret it as they please. Personally, I'd like to imagine that Trackman's universe takes place in an alternate 'Marvel or DC comic book Earth'. Call it Earth-199998 or something :lol: . The alternate Earth where the continent described by Plato when talking about Atlantis exists, so there's another continent where my characters come from. :lol:
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Meditions142 - Your incredibly upbeat reviews always put a smile on my face, I know your a man who appreciates the finer knock out scenes in life, so I only ever aim to please you in my stories. :D

I know that you are big fan of seeing a sentry "letting their guard down" just before they get ambushed and knocked out, so I enjoy coming up with all different ways some of these bored guards make mistakes and drop their guard only for them to be grabbed moments later, so I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the scene's with Esme, Elaina and Nicole. :D
And of course it is great that the Phantoms have so many guards. The knockouts just keep coming. The Ada, Brooke, Janice and Journee scene is amazing. Love how they are picked off without the others noticing.
If I'm being honest, I quite like the idea of a line of sentries walk down a corridor getting ready to go out on patrol, then one by one they get quickly picked off and knocked out while the other's have no idea that if they just turned around, they see their colleagues getting dragged out of sight. But this is the life of a sentry isn't it. :D :lol:
The Brooke and Janice scene is particularly fun. Amazing the way Mag is able to overpower both of them and keep them both women under enough control for Soph and Tina to cover their mouths to keep them quite and then inject them with the wonderful and powerful sleep drug. Soon enough, the powerful drug sends the two pretty blondes off into a deep sleep.
Of course, I remember of how much you said you enjoy seeing cute and sexy blonde guards being knocked out, so of course I was only more than happy to include a couple of cute blondes being knocked out just for you. :D
I also really Tina checking the girls’ pulse to make sure they have not had an unwanted bad reaction to the drug.
Tina of course naturally doesn't want any of the women they knock out to be seriously hurt or harmed, so Tina was just making sure that the women were fine and weren't in any serious danger. :D
I love the scene with Lucille, Hannah and Angela. Just the idea of each one getting darted and then one of the team running out to catch are falling, unconscious body before it hits the floor is really, really cool
I won't lie. This was a fun scene for me to write. Izanagi uses her sleep darts to pick off the guards one by one while the sisters catch their unconscious bodies so they don't hit the floor and make a noise, before they dragged them out of sight. It was a concept that I enjoyed visualizing when I was writing it, so I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed it too. :D

Now, allow me to answer your questions 8-) ..................................
So my first question is if the drug in the dart is same drug as in the injections?
1. YES. The serum in her the injections is exactly the same serum as what is inside the darts. Because Tinker's knock out formula has been perfected by this point, it only makes sense that all of their darts and syringes are filled with it, as this serum ensures that not only will their targets remain asleep for several hours, but they also won't feel any side effects like, nausea, head aches, or sickness, they just wake up normally and be perfectly fine. Because remember, the sisters may takedown guards, steal their uniforms and leave them bound and gagged, but their not monsters and they know that most of these women are just innocent people trying to earn their pay cheque, so the sisters naturally don't want them to be in any pain. :D
Also, did they use the same drug then used on the Phantoms on Nicole later? Or for some reason did they use something different on her?

2. YES. They used the same serum or rather "Tinker's homemade serum" on Nicole as well, because once again, Nicole was just an ordinary guard just doing her job, so naturally the sisters didn't want to cause her any pain, they just needed to make sure that she stayed asleep for a few more hours while they did what they came to do. :D
Finally, how long does the drug keep the women asleep? You mention it puts them into a deep sleep so I assume it will keep them asleep for quite awhile but I am curious just how long it lasts.
3. Well it would vary pending on the woman, so if it was a standard guard or sentry, then the serum would more than likely keep them asleep for roughly 3 to 5 hours. But if it was a professionally trained and hardened soldier then the serum would probably only last between 1 to 3 hours. But of course the sisters must always keep the women they knock out bound and gagged, just in case their mission lasts longer than what they thought or just in case the women wake up sooner than expected. :D
And by the way I loved the little discussion Izanagi had with Tina about her drug

“Well that depends, do you give me your word that you are using sleeping darts and what sort of effects do they have on your targets?”

“Okay fair enough, the serum in my darts hasn’t been brewed to perfection like yours and I won’t lie, it will give them one hell of a headache when they wake up. But I promise that apart from that, they will wake up safe and sound.”

That is a fabulously fun exchange.
Your very welcome and I enjoyed writing this scene of dialogue as well, as it was a good way to point out that even though there Phantoms, Tina doesn't anyone getting hurt or killed, so unless Izanagi gave Tina her word that she was only using sleeping darts, then Tina wouldn't have allowed her to take down the guards. :D

Return to “Stories by Trackman281”