Chapter 41: A Clone, A Siren & A Mother

rufusluciusivan

Re: Chapter 41: A Clone, A Siren & A Mother

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Plus it will allow us to read the next part sooner... ;)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

And the drama just keeps on building. I continue to be impressed by how much story and characters you're able to juggle. It's especially satisfyingly as we start to see how they all fit together, and as we build ever closer to the climax.

Some unique USB scenes as well. The scene with the forklift driver was brief but fun - when will these employees learn that nothing good happens on smoking breaks? :lol: And of course guards/sentries continue their streak of bad luck. Some fun dialogue between River and Sloane pre-knockout as well.

I continue to love the moral quandaries borne out by the conversations between Ulla, Blink, Ellie, and so forth. Great characters with great discussion about their motivations and differing philosophies of their work. Lends a great layer of depth to the drama, and is just plain fun to read. :)

It is at times a bit difficult to keep up with the series, as I find myself occasionally needing to go back to previous chapters to remind myself about certain characters. But that's mainly a sign of how effective the series is at world building and attention to detail. At some point, I will need to reread the whole series from the beginning. It's an impressive saga, and has only grown more so with time.
It is something that I'm trying to do here and that's, create some story lines before having everyone come together towards the end. Although I do believe that Tirepanted is a lot better at doing this sort of thing that what I am. :D
Thank you very much. :) Obviously I don't yet know how these stories will end, but I've been impressed and even inspired by how well put together they are, and how well they've developed over time. It's been a thrill watching the series unfold.
Haha, but seriously.....Can you imagine though, if a scene actually happened of where Prophet just whips off her helmet and goes "Ta-da!" and it's revealed to be Ashley :lol:

I genuinely believe Tirepanted would send a load of bounty hunters after me if I did. :lol:
I would honestly think this was a great twist, even if it might not make a lot of sense. :lol: Would lend new meaning to the parallel USB universes.

But oh well... Even if it isn't Ashley, I look forward to the big reveal. ;) Sounds like there's quite a showdown on the way.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Tirepanted - Thank you very much! :D

Indeed, we are getting ready for the confrontation, but it amazes me when I realize just how many "deleted scenes" there are, because honestly, the final confrontation was originally supposed to be a fatal-4-way and so many scenes that were supposed to be featured in this arc, just simply came across as too dark and too gritty, so I naturally cut them out........Hhhmm, I might do like a deleted scene list after I finish this arc just to show what else was supposed to have been featured in this arc. Please note I said Might. :D 8-)
Some unique USB scenes as well. The scene with the forklift driver was brief but fun - when will these employees learn that nothing good happens on smoking breaks? :lol:
Indeed. It seems in the future, instead of other warnings, cigarette companies might have to start putting USB warnings on all their products. :lol:
t is at times a bit difficult to keep up with the series, as I find myself occasionally needing to go back to previous chapters to remind myself about certain characters. But that's mainly a sign of how effective the series is at world building and attention to detail. At some point, I will need to reread the whole series from the beginning. It's an impressive saga, and has only grown more so with time.
Thank you very much! I know that there are some characters who have a habit of disappearing for a long time, before they suddenly re-emerge again (the clone officers for instance ;) ). But I thank you for wanting to re-read through my stories again if you need to give yourself little reminders, so I thank you again. :D 8-)
Thank you very much. :) Obviously I don't yet know how these stories will end, but I've been impressed and even inspired by how well put together they are, and how well they've developed over time. It's been a thrill watching the series unfold.
Your very welcome, I only ever speak the truth. :D At the end of this arc, I know how some characters will end up and some I'm still working on. I must admit, when I first started this chapter. I genuinely thought that the most impactful and the most interesting scene was going to be with Ulla, Blink and Willow. But I was wrong, because while yes, this scene was certainly impactful and I think it offered some more character development, especially for Willow, it turns out that the strongest and most impactful scene of them all, was with Ulla, blink and Ellie. The more I learned about Ellie's reactions, views and her current mindset, it really didn't take me long to see, that she can really offer some interesting moments....Let's keep an eye of Ellie, as her story is far from over. ;) :D
I would honestly think this was a great twist, even if it might not make a lot of sense. :lol: Would lend new meaning to the parallel USB universes.

But oh well... Even if it isn't Ashley, I look forward to the big reveal. ;) Sounds like there's quite a showdown on the way.
Wait a second.........Wait.......Are you saying.....You WANT it to be Ashley? I mean, things can, and do happen all the time, so it wouldn't take much explanation to write her in, as long as I don't overcomplicate it. 8-)

Because as you may or may not have noticed. I did make a small reference to your "storied world" a couple of chapters ago, of where I mentioned that the Phantoms have gotten wind of an award ceremony for journalist of the year was halted after they found dozens of women tied up in their underwear, but by the time the Phantoms got there, all the fun was already over.......Now I didn't use any actual names or locations, but to those who read all our worlds, will know exactly what I was doing when I included that little Easter egg. :D ;)

Thank you very again! :D
rufusluciusivan

Wait a second.........Wait.......Are you saying.....You WANT it to be Ashley? I mean, things can, and do happen all the time, so it wouldn't take much explanation to write her in, as long as I don't overcomplicate it. 8-)
That would be quite the reveal, but I don't think I'd be able to take the Phantoms seriously ever again... :lol: Though more seriously, on the contrary, I think that would require a big explanation, because in her previous appearance nothing suggested that Ashley was a cold-blooded killer and cult leader...
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

That would be quite the reveal, but I don't think I'd be able to take the Phantoms seriously ever again... :lol: Though more seriously, on the contrary, I think that would require a big explanation, because in her previous appearance nothing suggested that Ashley was a cold-blooded killer and cult leader...
What if it could be both? ;)

I've been thinking about it for a little bit and I've just worked out.....We can have the best of both worlds......Please bare with me on this. :D 8-)
rufusluciusivan

I'll wait and see then... ;) I admit that I'm a little doubtful this time, but I'll leave everything in your and tirepanted's capable hands.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Please don't worry. I wouldn't be trying to write this sort of idea, if I knew it wasn't going to work. But I'm confident that not only will what I'm thinking of work..... BUT...... I reckon it'll have a nice surprise that very people will see coming. ;)
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

I mean, I agree with Rufus that it seems like a ridiculous idea on its face, and I wouldn't want you to detract from the serious drama of the climax with a crossover in-joke. But it sounds like you have something more planned? I admit I'm intrigued... ;)
Because as you may or may not have noticed. I did make a small reference to your "storied world" a couple of chapters ago, of where I mentioned that the Phantoms have gotten wind of an award ceremony for journalist of the year was halted after they found dozens of women tied up in their underwear, but by the time the Phantoms got there, all the fun was already over.......Now I didn't use any actual names or locations, but to those who read all our worlds, will know exactly what I was doing when I included that little Easter egg. :D ;)
Oops... :oops: You're right, I missed that one. A very quick reference in an early paragraph in Chapter 38. On second look, it was a clever little joke for those who recognize it. Much appreciated. :)
Please don't worry. I wouldn't be trying to write this sort of idea, if I knew it wasn't going to work. But I'm confident that not only will what I'm thinking of work..... BUT...... I reckon it'll have a nice surprise that very people will see coming. ;)
It certainly sounds intriguing... I want to avoid spoilers for what's to come, but you can PM me if you want to discuss something. :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

It certainly sounds intriguing... I want to avoid spoilers for what's to come, but you can PM me if you want to discuss something. :)
I already have. ;)

Return to “Stories by Trackman281”