Chapter 24: Sisters In Arms

esercito sconfitto

Re: Chapter 24: Sisters In Arms

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Trackman, the scene with Captain Ulla is really close to the episode "the Tunnel" in the movie "Dreams" by Akira Kurosawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1UUsvosyA
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

I'm sorry to admit this but I've genuinely never heard of this film. Until you just showed it to me, I didn't even know it existed. :?

To me Ulla's backstory was actually very loosely based off of Erwin Smith, former commander of the scout regiment from the Anime show "Attack On Titan"........in his final episode he suffers guilt from all the men and Women that he viewed needlessly died under his command. I really liked that, so I thought it would be a nice little part of Ulla's backstory too......... But that is where the "loosely" part ends as I can one hundred percent assure you, the rest of Ulla's backstory and character creation / development, was all from my own mind haha. :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Trackman, I think the "title reference" Rufusluciusivan was referring to was the fact that I had also used the "Sisters in Arms" title a few months ago. :D

In any case, this was another fun and entertaining chapter. A lot of the comments I would make have already been made by RLI, but I'll say that I really am enjoying the different gadgets - they add a sense of cartoon humor and spontaneity to the USB scenes. The highlights for this chapter were Mag's takedown of Elisabeth with the wrist-rope, and Marie's use of the drugged lip balm to take down Chailai. Both funny setups with amusing payoffs.

One gadget I'm not such a fan of is the cloaking/invisibility device. It just feels a little too advanced to be believable, and more importantly, the fact that the characters can turn invisible in some ways negates the entire purpose of uniform stealing. Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but this was just something I noticed. A small issue, in any event. :)

I'm impressed by how long and detailed the chapter is; I rarely have the effort to post such lengthy chapters in one go. Partly that is for aesthetic reasons; I like to keep my chapters confined to one post each. But I'm impressed how much you're able to write, and so fast - it really encourages me to pick up the pace with my own work. :)

In any case, another fun and well-written chapter, juggling a lot of different characters and scenarios. Nicely done.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Tirepanted
Trackman, I think the "title reference" Rufusluciusivan was referring to was the fact that I had also used the "Sisters in Arms" title a few months ago. :D
I thought it was because you've all seen the small muck up I made on the title. Read the very top again, I was supposed to have named it "Clones In Arms." :lol:

But as you saw from all my reviews I absolutely LOVED your Sisters in Arms story. :D

Many thanks and I am pleased that you enjoyed it. :D

Please allow to me explain, I'm not sure if you remember, but in an earlier chapter (I can't remember which one), Mag says that her invisibility cloak only lasts for 30 seconds before the juice runs out and needs recharging, hence why she uses it very rarely. So I have tried to put a limit on it, so she doesn't rely on it, forcing her to partake in some USB scenes. :D

I just have a bit of a vivid imagination, I'm always thinking of new villainess, new gadgets, new knock out scene's. I know that both your good self and Rufus have all the new uniforms on lockdown as you two always come up with new and exciting uniforms to steal, so I try and stay clear of that hahaha. :lol:

Thank you very much again. :)

Return to “Stories by Trackman281”