How the tables can turn

esercito sconfitto

How the tables can turn

Post by esercito sconfitto »

How the tables can turn
by big-mart,

Lauren yawned, leaning back in her less than comfortable office chair. The excitement of her first night shift in this facility long gone, boredom began now to slowly creep unto her, as she lazily glanced over the various monitors in front of her. Another uneventful night, or so it seemed.
On first glance, the "Grey Rock Asylum" seemed like any other facility, treating and caring for mentally ill people, though rehabilitation was far from any one’s mind, regarding their patience. This facility was far from your standard hospital or caring nursing home. Only the most heinous and vicious criminals were committed to stay here, most of them for the rest of their lives, spending their remaining years in tight confinement. Straitjackets, leg ties, muzzles and in severe cases, even full head masks were the normal garments for the patient in this rather dark and gloomy place. Some of the more severe cases were even strapped in full body containment suits, for most of the time.

A crackle over the radio she has strapped to her belt got her attention, as the voice of another guard came up over the intercom.

"Lauren, you there?"

She made a quick stretcher, before grabbing the radio and answering the voice on the other hand.

"Yeah, I'm in the security office, just checking the video footage..."

"Forget about that, we just got someone admitted and are completely understaffed. The cops are waiting in the containment room with her, just hurry over and sign the papers that we have her on record, the nurses will do the rest"

"Why don't you take her in? My shift is over in about half an hour...", Lauren answered, getting a bit annoyed.

"After that you can just go home, seriously I'm in cell block C, it would take ages for me to get over there and the police already sounded a bit aggravated over the intercom..."

"Fine, fine, I will do it...", and without another word, Lauren fixed the radio back at to her belt, stood up from her chair and started the small walk from the security office to the containment room, which was in the lower floors, very close to the entrance halls and receptionist desks. When people were brought into this facility, this was their first stop, as they were sedated and put into their restrains by the nurses. It was full of rows of lockers, containing various straitjackets, hoods, gag and ties for all sizes.
The two officers only nodded, as Lauren entered, both looking a bit impatient. Next to them, on one of the metal benches, sat a woman. Lauren estimated her to be around 20, head hanging low, with some strains of brown hair obscuring parts of her face. She was strapped in a straitjacket but wasn't secured in any other way. One of the officers, an older looking woman, stepped forth, waving a bunch of files in her hands.

"Good to finally get a hold on someone, we need you to sign this, so we can proof the girl was admitted here, then we will be on our merry way", explained the officer, handing over the documents. Lauren, pulling out a pen, quickly signing the thing and handing it back over, not before taking a quick glance over the personal information. 'Nancy Kellington, 22, admitted to the "Grey Rock Asylum" for several cases of identity theft, assault and delusion...' was all she could read, before the eager law official snatched it out of her hands.

"Thanks a lot", the officer responded, giving the girl next to them one final glance, "Good thing this little beast is now under control and will never see the light of day again, come on Perkinson, they can take it from here", and with that, and a quick nod in Lauren's direction, both officers put on their caps and marched out of the door.

Now alone with the new inmate, Lauren fumbled for her radio and called in some nurses who could take care of the girl, but with the lack of personnel they had to endure right now, it seemed like she was going to wait for a good fifteen minutes before anyone would arrive. Cursing under her breath, she leaned against one of the lockers, starring into nothingness, as a quiet sob suddenly pushed her back into reality. It was the inmate, who now, for the first time, had lifted her head up a bit, so her brown locks would obscure her face any longer.

"Miss, can you please get me out of this thing?", the girl asked so softly, it was almost inaudible. She wiggled her upper body as much as her black straitjacket allowed her. Which wasn't much, as those jackets were specially made for the facility, skintight and with extra straps and buckles, to make any escape attempt impossible, once you were inside one of those. Lauren, being taken aback for a second, almost felt something like pity or sympathy for the young woman, which was bulging her eyes out. "Please", she kept sobbing, "I'm just really, really scared. I have heard stories of this place, I don't belong here, I don't want to be locked away, please Miss", the girl begged, hot tears streaming down her face. Lauren was taken a back, not sure how she should react to this, "prisoner", who was seemingly scared and far from the vicious and cruel criminals her superiors always told her she would meet in this facility.

"It... it's fine, okay Nancy?"

Lauren took a step further and laid a hand on the poor woman's shoulder. The woman immediately met Lauren's eyes, still crying her eyes out. "Please", she began, "Get me out of this, I don't belong here, please", she kept sobbing, wriggling a bit in her rather tight looking straitjacket. Lauren shock her head, unsure on what to say.

"I'm sorry honey, I'm not allowed to just let you go..."

"Then please just get this thing off of me, please", the girl instead asked, her eyes still fixed on Lauren, who had an inner debate going on. On one hand side, she was never, ever allowed to touch a prisoner’s fixations and ties allowed or without allowance of senior facility officer, not taking in medical emergencies. On the other hand, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor young woman, and guilt build up inside of her, just leaving this scared person fending for herself, offering no kind of comfort or emotional support. Was this really the kind of officer she wanted to be?

"Okay, I tell you something, I will remove that jacket until the nurses come along and tell them this one was broken, but this remains our little secret, understand?", Lauren tried to offer, her lips forming a little smile, trying to reassure the person sitting in front of her. The woman's face instantly lit up, though tears still flowing down her cheeks.

"R... really? You would do that?"

Slowly, Lauren began unbuckling the various straps that held the woman's arms tightly in place, second-guessing her every move. This person was here for a reason, but still, she seemed so pitiful and miserable, what would it matter, gifting her maybe a few more seconds of her freedom, before years and years of maddening confinement would await her. Opening the last strap, Lauren looked up at the young woman's face, trying to further comfort her with a soft smile, but instead of a girl in distress, a hard hit awaited her, as the prisoner gave Lauren a quick headbutt, making her stumble back with an agonizing grunt. However, that was far from the end, as Nancy was immediately on Lauren, tackling her down, with the latter still in shock. Only after several second, she finally managed to get a grasp of what was happening, finding her voice.

"What the... get the hell off of me, you crazy..." she gasped between blocking blows of the lunatic, now sitting on top of her. The guards in this facility didn't have guns, as they posed to high of a risk to be stolen by a prisoner on the run, however what was standard equipment in here, where small little tranquilizers, which could be injected in an attacker. Highly effective, they would put them to sleep in mere moments, lasting for up to fifteen minutes. Those were the hope of Lauren, as she still deflected her attackers attempts at clawing her eyeballs out or grabbing her by the neck. She quickly moved one hand down to her belt, cold shivers running up and down her spin as she felt that little containment pouch empty. Stone cold realization hit her, but the feeling was almost drowned by the sensation of a tiny needle breaking skin, injection the serum into her body. Her eyelids grew heavy and the last thing she saw was the face of her prisoner Nancy, smiling down at her with the most menacing smile, all those tears and sadness washed away in an instance, before the world grew dark.

Nancy knew, she didn't have much time before the nurses came to pick her, or rather this pathetic guard in front of her up. She quickly changed clothes and strapped Lauren in the straitjacket, but for her, that wasn't quite enough. Searching through the closets, she picked up a complete facial mask with attached muzzle, with which so tied up Lauren, gagging and concealing her face to the rest of the staff. Still not pleased, she wanted this dumb guard to not move an inch, picking up several leg straps, fixing three of them on both Lauren's lower and upper legs, finalizing her tie with pulling the straps extra tight. She just fixed the last of them and was in the process of standing up, as the door opened and two bulky looking male nurses came into the room.

"Hey, it's not allowed to touch the prisoners, you know that right?", one of them barked out, while the other one walked closer and stood next to their disguised colleague. Nancy quickly shot around, looking at him sternly.

"Just checked if all her ties were in place, those officers who brought her here told me was is quite the fighter, and a biter for a matter of fact. I'm not gone end up with my fingers chewed on by some crazy lunatic, you know..."

The male nurse only nodded, also approaching Laurens unconscious form, before signaling the second men to pick the prisoner up together.

"Yeah, you are right about that, good thing is she won’t be biting anyone anytime soon, with that muzzle and mask in place I would be surprised if she can even move her jaw... They even put her the sleep, she has to be a real pain in the butt..."

"But not anymore, right?", Nancy asked, as the two men began walking out the door, caring Lauren between them.

"Hell no, once in our cells, she will spend the rest of her life in a tight place, I can promise you that...", and with that, the door closed as the men walked out, leaving a grinning Nancy behind.
From here it was easy, accessing the facility's files of all the personal and inmates, changing a few physical description and swapping the attached pictures of her and the guard she just took out. With no cameras in this room, luck was on her side. She would walk out of this place as a free person. Lauren on the other hand was stuck, as she woke up only a few minutes letter, straitjacket and hood still in place, but with several leg-ties added and belts, tying her down to her bed. A tub was forced through her hood, into her mouth, so she could be supplied with food and water, but that was the most comfort she would ever experience in her cell. Screaming and thrashing around, trying to get attention from the former colleagues around her, but none of them cared for the wailing of some crazy woman. So, Lauren stayed strapped down, masked and gagged, forever stuck in a cell, which she guarded only hours ago.

Return to “Stories by Big-mart”