Vigilante

tirepanted3

Re: Vigilante

Post by tirepanted3 »

Ah, I didn't realize that was the same Mae from "Rescue Operation." Great once again to see characters return; it really helps the world feel more complex and fully realized.

Truth be told, I generally prefer the uniforms to have some level of dignity to them, or at least not be too silly - part of the idea is that the infiltrators want to not attract attention. Although in this case, perhaps no one was looking at Cleo's face because they were so busy trying to look away from her goofy costume. :lol:

I hear what you mean about Agria not being a sympathetic character, even as she's on the side of good, and I think that's partly what makes her such an interesting character. One of my favorite scenes in any of your stories is the little scene from "Rescue Operation" where she mugs the cigarette-smoking security guard outside the Solomon estate for her uniform. It's quick and efficient, and the knockout itself happens out of sight, letting us wonder just how ruthless Agria was in dispatching her victim. A very good way to show that she doesn't much care about being gentle with her victims, even though she's not a villain.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

When I posted my initial comment I forgot to mention too how much I loved the scene with Mae and Sophia.

First off, the deck of cards costumes are great. And i love nerve pinches.

Also like the little comment from Agria of "Have you never heard of nerve pinches?" before she applies one to Mae's neck to knock her out.

I also like the imagery of how Mae and Sophia are left.

I really have to feel for poor Mae. Instead of a guard, she has worked as a dancer and waitress yet she has now managed to be knocked out twice!
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

meditions: Yes indeed, this part (and the previous part when she and Posy escape the basement after mugging their guards) feature Piper's moment of glory. Though as a security guard in a USB story, she's contractually obliged to be knocked out now and then. :lol:

It's true that in this latest installment, nerve pinches and neck chops (and sleeper holds) were in the spotlight. Cleo's and Agria's lines are fun to write: I just love how blunt they can be.

Personally, the scene with Sophia and Mae was also my favorite of this installment. Just love the image of them stashed and crammed into the closet, and falling from it afterwards during the reveal. Mae is indeed unlucky, though in USB-land, waitresses are just as in danger as guards :lol: . (For the anecdote, this is also Sophia's second time - she was the chorister mugged in Loyalties) They should start of discussion group. :D (And actually there's a scene of them discussing their experience in the planned epilogue.)

tirepanted: I don't mind a silly costume from time to time. The mental image of tough-as-nails black ops forced to wear goofy costumes was too funny to pass (a bit like when Reka's henchwomen were forced to disguise as cheerleaders).

Agria's role is a little similar to Emery's in the earliest stories: she's nominally on the side of good, but only because she's working for someone who tries to make the world a better place. Indeed, her type of character is interesting, especially because it leads to interesting developments and conflicts with the more moral characters.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

currently I am studying and exploring some parts of the "defeated army" concept, an I have to ask if you, Rufus, are aware that the 'security guards' at the orders of a crime boss fullfil the requirements needed to be qualified as "useless Armies of Villany" ( check this post https://www.deviantart.com/yellowplasma ... -820074765 )

please destroy them all :)
rufusluciusivan

Didn't know about this post. Always nice to see people discuss tropes of fiction. We're reaching the end of this part, therefore unfortunately Roxane's guards are mostly safe for now. Though I have a few ideas for the next (and maybe final) installment of this series, so their relief will probably be only temporary. :lol:
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

I already love the sound of this, jesters, card suits and other outfits, these all sound great for disguises. :) :D

It's great to see Mae return, I must admit I did accidentally saw Tirepanted's comment of this is the same Mae from rescue Operations, so that's how I know this. :D :D

Very nice scene with Piper and Posy, got to love it when you see infiltrator veterans in the field. :)

Aaahh Catalina, still the woman who would be my rival at any buffet table, haha, always nice to see her make an appearance. :D

Oops haha, I hope Agria know's who she's just knocked out, this is going to make an interesting follow up scene when Piper regains consciousness. :)

The entire scene afterwards was probably my favourite part of this chapter, it was great seeing all the characters come together and I guess it does just go to show that eventually, all infiltrators start to see their victims as almost identically as the last, brilliantly done. :D

I enjoyed seeing Luan deduce the situation and it inadvertently shows the caring side with your characters, I also see that fate has once again gave both Luan and Maggie just a little nudge towards each other, if the world itself is shall we say "accidentally" making things happen to they see their good for each other, then well, I wonder how long before they see the signs. :D

The trio really do shine through on the next chapter, seeing Posy sticking by and not leaving Piper behind is great, these women really do work well together and it's a blast watching them going through all these different obstacles together. :D :D

Seeing Cleo and Agria almost trying to do the whole one-upsmanship on Clover, Posy and Piper is actually a pretty cool idea, kind of like the whole anything you can do, I can do better sort of thing, it'll be interesting to see if this manifests into anything further or is it just wishful thinking haha. :D

And here we go, here comes the intense parts, now that Catalina and her goons and found out about our five infiltrators. :)

HAHAHA! :lol: I see once again the "Blender" reference has come back to haunt poor Catalina, nicely done. :D

WOW!, now that was a great stand off between our heroes and villains, got to love it when things reach that climatic point in the story when the gloves simply come off. :D

:shock: My goodness, I remember when I said about it being a bad idea for Catalina to show off her massive pay check as something like this might happen and sure enough it has. Well I guess that's what Catalina gets, cue missile guided karma. :D ;)

Judging by the ending, I guess this means Roxanne is out for blood now, let the hunt commence. :twisted:

Well I'm at annoyed at myself for you see a few weeks ago, literally a couple of days after I posted my last chapter, I broke my bloody wrist, so I'm doing everything one handed at the moment, hence why I've been relatively quiet and keeping my replies short and simple recently. Which is double annoying as this has been one of my favourite parts by far. :)

Your stories just keep on getting better and better, you always find ways to somehow improve your already perfect cast of characters, this has been an absolute thrill and an absolute delight to read through and I honestly can't wait to see where your take your characters next, on another note because I'm doing the whole one handed thing, I wasn't able to write all the positive feedback I originally wanted, so when my cast gets removed (end of this week) I'll probably come back and do a second (better) review of this chapter as it's simply perfect. :D :D
rufusluciusivan

Mae's and Sophia's outfits are indeed great disguises... for Halloween! :lol: Though I loved the idea: the fancy party was the occasion to use original costumes.

Piper's and Posy's interactions were important to write in my eyes; both to highlight their and to show that in spite of their differences, they're still forming some sort of connexion/bond of trust.

Indeed, the misunderstanding with Piper was there to maintain the suspense. Though in Agria's defence, I'd say that she didn't know Piper and, as a security guard herself, Piper reflexively stands and looks like a true guard. It also felt logical to me: Agria and Cleo wouldn't give the time to talk to a woman who was dressed as a guard. I hesitated to make it longer, but ultimately decided against.

Luan's and Maggie's scene was indeed a way to showcase Posy's and Clover's attempts to be more gentle with their victims and how it can still have some effects. Also, I just love that running gag of uniform stealing bringing couples together wether they are stealers... or victims. ;)

Posy and Clover indeed show their good side with how they stick to Piper. And Agria indeed does want to show them who's best. In that regards, she's a bit like Emery: she has her pride and doesn't like being told what to do by 'goodie-two-shoes'.

The confrontation between the heroines and Catalina's squad was a moment I enjoyed writing, as it mixes action and humour.

One of the reasons why I just love receiving comments from the people of the board is because it gives me a lot of inspiration and ideas to add to my stories. Case in point: the jokes surrounding Catalina's villainess name becoming 'Blender' against her will and the payback of her check being teared by Clover were added thanks to your observations. ;)
Judging by the ending, I guess this means Roxanne is out for blood now, let the hunt commence. :twisted:
Ha! Ha! I think that I will maybe regret ending my post here... I hope the next part will be worth the cliffhanger.

Happy to hear that this was one of your favorite parts of this story. I admire you for being able to write so much with just one wrist. You shouldn't feel annoyed at yourself! The review is already very long and detailed! (Though if you want to make a second review, I will welcome it with open arms! ;) ) I wish you a quick recovery (glad to hear that you'll get better at the end of the week ;) .)
rufusluciusivan

It was an understatement to say that Roxane Barca was a rich woman.

And money had a lot of perks. For instance, she was able to afford brand new state-of-the-art surveillance flying drones.

It was thanks to these little jewels of technology that she had a chance to recapture the escapees. Indeed, her private guards were efficient and could assemble a hunting party in record time. However, in spite of their quickness, under normal circumstances they wouldn't be able to find the trail of the escapees before they were safely out of reach in the nearest city.

However, with flying drones to find which road they were taking...

Roxane's estate wasn't nicely isolated for nothing. It wasn't the first time she was holding prisoners in her manor...

The businesswoman was remote-controlling her drones herself from her office. The screens and remote controls were located behind a sliding wall. With a communication device, she was talking with her guards.

Roxane's hunting party was already on the way.

Several cars speeding along, carrying armed women of her estate. Roxane didn't hire many men. She didn't poison her husband to let other men dictate what she had to do...

A guard knocked on the door of Roxane's office.

“Lady Barca. The police officers are on their way. Once they are here, they will want to ask you some questions.”

“I don't have time for the likes of them.” Roxane retorted without taking her eyes off the screens. “Tell them I'm busy, take them to interrogate the victims, I don't care. Find excuses to buy me some time. I refuse to leave before I see these rats lying at the feet of my guards!”

Just as she was about to wrap a copious amount of tape around Catalina's lower face to shut her up, with the latter grimacing in anticipation, Clover realized that something was wrong.

Through the open small window between the back of the van and the driver's cockpit, Agria was listening to something.

It was one of the earpieces they stole to one of the sentries they mugged.

“These idiots didn't even bother to switch their frequency...” the special combattant was muttering to herself. “Or perhaps they can't do it with this kind of equipment...”

However, Clover easily deduced from her expression that she didn't like what she was hearing.

“Is there a problem?” she asked through the open small window allowing to communicate with the driver.

“They have discovered our escape quicker than we expected. Perhaps even while we were busy dealing with the little comedy troupe you're currently gagging. They have sent several cars after us, as well as flying drones.”

“Can't we lose them?”

“If there only were the cars, yes we could. However, I don't think we can escape the flying drones' attention in time. They are the latest model, quick and with a huge standby time. They will find us before we can reach the town.”

“I see that Roxane didn't build her manor in such a remote place only to be away from the polluted atmosphere of the cities...” Clover commented.

Aria nodded. “Indeed. She must have chosen such a remote location to be able to send a team after runaways before they could be out of reach.”

“I guess staying in this van is out of question then.” Clover said.

“Yes. However, we have an advantage over them...”

Clover completed Agria's sentence. “They don't know that we're aware that they are after us.”

“Exactly. Therefore, we can retreat in the woods. And prepare an ambush if they try to follow us.”

Clover nodded. “That's a risky plan. Though I guess that this is our best course of action.”

“Can you leave us in the back of the van?” Catalina suddenly intervened. “I mean, you can't carry the four of us with you if you want to stay mobile...”

“You're just hoping to be rescued by Roxane's goons.” Clover interrupted her.

The self-proclaimed supervillainess smiled sheepishly. “Well, you can't blame me for trying...”

“You do realize that their first instinct will probably be to fill this vehicle with holes thanks to their firearms without bothering to check if the people inside are friends or foes, right?” Agria dryly commented.

Catalina paled. “I take back what I said! Take us with you! Take us with you!”

“Goodness, she's loud!” the special combattant complained.

Catalina started to whine. “Please! You wouldn't want the deaths of four defenseless women on your conscience, would you? We're defenseless! Pleaaaase!”

“Oh, shut up, 'Blender'!” Agria barked, purposely using the hated nickname. “Clover, please, put an end to her incessant whinings...”

The latter eagerly complied, with several layers of thick duct tape. Though she still said: “Stop snivelling. Of course we won't leave you inside the van.” Then, she couldn't resist adding: “If you behave.” Just to have fun messing with her...

Roxane licked her lips in a very undignified way when she witnessed something in one of the screens allowing her to see what her drones were spying:

The van the prisoners used to escape, parked on the side of the road. Though the vehicle looked empty, the businesswoman easily deduced what her targets were doing.

“They're trying to flee on foot through the woods...” she commented. “They must have realized that they wouldn't be able to reach the town in time by using the road. Our cars are faster than their van...”

“Or maybe they're setting up an ambush.” the guard standing near her commented.

Roxane was so excited that she almost shouted in her communication device.

“I have found them!”

Because of the trees, she would have a hard time following the trail of the fugitives with her drones.

However, her guards didn't have such restrictions...

“You may bring one or two alive for me, if possible. Kill the rest.” Roxane added.

Her party was maybe ruined. Her reputation was maybe damaged. But she still had one thing.

The pleasure of a swift bloody vengeance.

When they came across the parked van, Roxane's guards filled it with bullets, just in case. They were indeed allowed to take machine guns with them along with their handguns and knives. Of course, the vehicle was empty, but for Roxane's guards it still felt good to vent their anger and frustation. They were indeed furious, as the fugitives had humiliated them by escaping the estate after leaving several of them stripped, bound and gagged.

It was time for payback.

And vengeance was going to be bloody...

The fourteen private guards of the Barca estate sent after the fugitives deployed in the woods.

Janette was ecstatic.

She learned about the fact that the prisoners escaped the estate shortly after she was found hog-tied on the floor of the cell she was supposed to be guarding. The light-skinned athletic-looking woman with neck-long black hair dyed blue and dark brown eyes feared that she wouldn't be able to take part in the chase, in order to have her revenge. However, she managed to get her hands on a spare set of uniform and weapons just in time to jump into a car.

Now, Janette was currently searching the woods with the other members of the hunting party.

She was hoping that she would be the one lucky enough to get her hands on Posy and Piper...

So you thought that you could humiliate me and get away with it? Well, think again!

“Janette...” the guard walking to her right – a young woman with strawberry blond hair, blue-green eyes and a light skin – whispered.

Janette rolled her eyes. Amelia was the guard assigned with her to watch the basement in which the prisoners were locked, and who was mugged, stripped, trussed up and gagged alongside with her when Posy and Piper escaped. When Janette moved heaven and earth to take part in the chase, Amelia was dragged along with her and given a new set of clothes, then ended up in the same car even though she was a lot less enthusiastic about the hunt.

“What?” Janette barked.

She was still sour about the fact that her younger partner received a preferential treatment. Piper and Posy indeed left her on the mattress instead of the floor, and they didn't even hog-tie her...

“Are you really sure about this?” the young guard with strawberry blond hair asked.

“About what?!”

“About... well... shooting them on sight.”

“Don't tell me you're getting cold feet!”

“I didn't sign up for this!” Amelia justified herself.

Janette resisted the urge to slap her.

“Then stay behind, you pussy! We don't need your help!”

Amelia stopped walking. “I...” she stuttered. “I don't agree with...”

Janette ignored her and kept walking. Amelia didn't follow her. She was still hesitating.

Janette made a mental note to signal Amelia's attitude to Roxane and her superiors.

By the time Amelia was able to shake off her hesitation, Janette and the other nearby guards had already left her behind without a second thought. The young sentry realized that she was alone on her own.

Perhaps I should just... go back to the cars... Yeah, I'll go back and watch the cars... I don't have to take part in this...

As she was about to turn back, Amelia felt a movement behind her back.

Who...?

Suddenly, a hand was clamped over her mouth. Something was wrapped over her throat and pressed against it to prevent her from breathing.

Amelia froze and her eyes widened with terror as she was being choked. No! Not again! It was just like the last time, in the basement. Only this time, their enemies knew that her squad had instructions to shoot on sight. They would offer no mercy! No! I didn't sign up for this!

A voice whispered in her ear: “You said that you didn't agree with them, right? Then prove it. Just give up and let me win.”

The voice didn't seem angry. On the contrary, she was using a reassuring tone. And she sounded sincere.

Amelia realized that she had an excuse to not carry out Roxane's orders. She gave up and didn't try to resist.

“Follow me, but don't make a sound.”

The young guard nodded.

The arm squashing her throat and her windpipe slightly loosened its grip, to allow some air to enter.

The woman immobilizing Amelia started to walk backwards. The young guard followed her lead.

They disappeared in the bushes.

Agria watched the guards deploy. They were careful and professional, though she could see that they weren't trained for forest land. Contrary to her.

Still, the special combattant had to be careful. While she was trained to fight in forest land, which was giving her an advantage, her opponents had the advantage of number. Surprise attacks would have to be her tactic.

Worst, Agria knew that, after what she and Cleo did at Roxane's estate, the police was most likely to get involved. She had to keep the bodycount to a minimum, or else Hieron could be in big trouble since he mounted this operation without asking his colleagues.

Agria wasn't naive. She knew that she could invoke rule n°7. (''If the safety of the agent or the mission is compromised, discard all the other rules. The enforcing of this rule must be justified during the mission briefing.'') However, she knew that she was in a grey area even during authorized missions when invoking this rule – or even rule n°2 for that matter. As long as a citizen of the country was killed and their body was discovered, the head honchos could always find a way to contest her justification if they truly wanted. Usually, as long as the government's implication couldn't be traced back, they would look the other way. But this time, Hieron used government-funded assets for his own personal needs. The others would have considered Posy and Clover an 'acceptable loss'. Hieron chose to not ask their opinion and mounted a rescue operation without their consent. He would be in enough troubles when the others would learn what he did, no need to invite more problems by going on a murder-fest.

Agria preferred to keep Hieron as her direct superior.

Therefore, she would play nice.

Though it didn't mean that it had to be painless...

Posy led Amelia in a part of the woods deeply concealed by bushes and trees. When setting up their ambush, her teammates and she chose this place as their rallying point.

It was also a great place to neutralize and hide a guard...

“Since you seem to fear a chokehold, I will knock you out with a nerve-pinch. Don't try to struggle.” she said to the strawberry-blond-haired sentry.

Amelia nodded again.

The nerve-pinch was another move that Klenia and Shayna taught her. Posy didn't master it as well as the sleeper-hold. However, against a docile woman who was standing still, she would have no problem.

Posy grabbed a specific spot between the neck and the shoulder. Amelia winced and closed her eyes, but didn't try to double-cross her. Though Posy couldn't tell if it was out of fear or out of relief. The busty woman pinched.

Then, Posy laid the unconscious woman on the ground. She quickly searched her for weapons, and noticed the plastic zip-ties strapped onto her belt.

She's carrying zip-ties. Roxane probably instructed them to catch a few of us alive if they can.

Posy took Amelia's weapons, as well as the zip-ties.

While she saw that the young guard didn't seem to be willing to kill people, she decided that she wouldn't take any risk with her as long as there were other enemies nearby.

No need to take her clothes. I don't think I'd have the time to put them on anyway. I need to remain fast and mobile.

She searched Amelia's uniform a second time.

Is she carrying a hankerchief or the likes? I could stuff it into her mouth. If I don't find anything, I'll have to remove her socks. I can use her own zip-ties to bind her wrists and her ankles. Then I'll use use her tie as a cleave-gag.

Agria noticed the tall leggy blond-haired blue-eyed white-skinned sentry, and decided that she was going to be her first target. The woman was walking very slightly behind the other two sentries of her group.

The special combattant used the cover of the bushes to silently approach her prey. She knew that Cleo and Clover were in the area, looking for other opportunities. Agria didn't trust Posy, as the latter was experiencing doubts about harming other people, or Piper, who was in her eyes a moral fool. However, she knew that Clover would be a valuable asset in taking out the guards. And she trusted Cleo to watch her back. Her partner had probably already figured out her plan, and was reacting accordingly.

Agria moved to be within reach of the blonde. The woman was competent and well-trained, but she wasn't used to evolve in forest land. She didn't recognize the little signs pointing out that someone was stalking her.

The special combattant waited for an opening.

When the sentry walking in front of the blonde made a comment, briefly distracting her partners, Agria striked.

One hand covering the blonde's mouth, one arm wrapped over her throat to block her windpipe and prevent her from making a sound.

The sentry was barely able to gasp, and her partners didn't hear her as they were still chuckling at the first sentry's comment.

Agria whisked the blonde away, dragging her in the bushes. The special combattant kicked the sentry in the back of her right knee to make her lose balance, then plumped down on the ground, pulling the blonde along and making her fall. She used her legs to immobilize the sentry's body. At the same time, she was compressing the carotid arteries to quickly render her unconscious.

Between the wind on the leaves, the birds, and the other natural noises of the forest, the blonde's teammates didn't notice her disappearance in time.

The sentry struggled briefly and made a few gurgled groans. Her body jerked one last time, then she passed out and slumped into Agria.

One down.

The blonde's teammates were both brunettes, though the first had a tanned skin and the second a white skin.

They finally noticed that their partner was missing.

“Cassandra?”

The two private guards looked around them.

They however didn't notice that, from the bushes on the other side of the path, Cleo was watching them.

Mere thugs under the employ of a criminal could never comprehend the true extent of a special combattant's competence. Nor could they understand that their biggest strength wasn't their agility or their fighting capacities, but their synchronization.

The moment Cleo spotted Agria take out the blond sentry, she knew that the next step was to neutralize the brunettes simultaneously.

She also knew her partner's modus operandi. She knew that Agria would wait until the guards approach the bushes, would suddenly jump into view, and would knock out the one on her right, since she was right-handed.

She didn't need Agria's instructions to know exactly what she had to do. They had trained so many hours that they knew each other better than family members. Better than lovers.

When the two sentries approached the bushes where Agria was hiding with her unconscious victim, Cleo took advantage of the fact that they had their backs turned on her.

She jumped out of the bushes in which she was concealed, and dashed towards the two unsuspecting guards.

The dark-skinned brunette tried to move apart the leaves with the barrel of her machine gun.

Suddenly, Agria burst out.

“What the-OOF!”

A stomach punch interrupted the dark-skinned brunette mid-sentence, and she bent forward

The light-skinned brunette reacted fast, but not fast enough. Cleo was in her back before she could pull the trigger of her gun. A swift neckchop put her out of commission.

At the same time, Agria kicked the dark-skinned brunette in the temple. Her red beret was sent flying. While brutal, the hit was calculated to knock her out. Out cold, the private guard fell on the ground with a thud.

Cleo and Agria shared a nod, then dragged the two limp unconscious bodies into the bushes to conceal them.

“Ghhhh! Nhhhh! Mghhh!”

The guard had a curvy body, wavy shoulder-long dark chestnut hair and hazel eyes with gold specks. She was rather beautiful, for a thug under the payroll of a criminal.

Three minutes ago, Clover spotted this lone guard who made the mistake to stray away from her group, and seized the opportunity to neutralize one of their pursuers.

The guard's body was spasming. She was weakly trying to loosen Clover's grip and to scratch her face, but since the latter was in her back, her efforts were in vain.

“Mblblbl...”

The guard tried one last time to grab Clover's arms, but she had no strength left. Her hands slipped. Her eyelids flickered, and her eyes rolled back. She moaned weakly, then passed out. Her head slumped forward and her body went limp.

Clover immediately laid the woman on the ground, behind some bushes, and crouched to better hide herself.

“You're very good. You should think of becoming a special combattant.”

Clover briefly froze in surprise and fear, but it was only Agria. The special combattant had managed to discreetly approach her and hide in the bushes next to her without being noticed.

“I don't think I'd have the stomach for that.” the Vigilante answered.

Agria shrugged. “I left Cleo with the three guards we neutralized. She'll restrain them. I see that you caught a fourth one on your own.”

“Well, there was an opportunity, so I seized it.”

“There are three more guards searching this area.” the special combattant said. “They should pass near us very soon.”

“I think they are this one's colleagues...”

“Indeed. We will let them pass near our hiding spot and catch them. Can you take the one on the left?”

Clover nodded. “What about you. Can you take the other two at the same time?”

Agria scoffed. “Weren't you convinced by my previous performance with the caterers?”

“I'll wait to see how you can fare against people who are not civilians and who can actually fight back.”

The escapees chose to not hide Catalina and her cronies in the part of the woods they were using as a rallying point, just in case the prisoners would try to make noise to catch the guards' attention. Especially since Maddie and Nataleigh had woken up in the meantime.

Therefore, the four women were piled up under the cover of other bushes, with Catalina on top and Nataleigh at the bottom. Given how strong the musuclar black-haired henchwoman was, they reasoned that using the weight of her own teammates to pin her to the ground and to immobilize her was a good idea.

Piper was watching the four prisoners. If one of them did so much as try to make a noise, she was instructed to put her back to sleep. Painfully.

Though the four prisoners weren't stupid. After they heard the guards fill the van with bullets, they knew that there was a good chance that Roxane's sentries would shoot first and ask questions later if they heard a noise coming from the bushes. Indeed, they had no reason to suspect that Catalina and her cronies had been captured by the fugitives.

Only Nataleigh was groaning from time to time, though it was because she was complaining of the weight of her three teammates lying on her.

Everything was quiet, but Piper knew that Agria, Cleo, and Clover were probably already picking off the guards one by one.

Suddenly, she noticed a trio of guards that were dangerously approaching the hideout in which Posy was supposed to be. They were probably instructed to stay behind to search this part of the woods... And apparently, they had heard something.

Did they notice Posy?

The brunette briefly hesitated. She didn't want to leave Catalina and her henchwomen unsupervised. However, on the other hand, if three guards got the drop on Posy by surprise, she stood no chance.

Piper made her choice.

Agria's tactic was simple, but efficient.

Jump the guard who was the most exposed, punch her lights out, then take advantage of the fact that her partner was too dumbfounded to punch her lights out as well. The special combattant was indeed moving fast. Faster than the average response time. Which was making this tactic viable.

At the same time, Clover kneed the third guard in the stomach, then finished her off with a neckchop.

The three unconscious women fell on the ground almost at the same time.

Posy heard a movement in her back while she was busy making sure Amelia's restraints were tight enough without without cutting off the blood circulation.

She turned to face the new threat, but it was too late. She didn't have the time to stand up: three sentries were pointing their machine guns at her. One had sunny blond hair and sky blue eyes as well as a slightly tanned skin. The second had black hair, chestnut eyes, and a bronzed skin. The third had dark red hair, grey eyes and a white skin.

“Hands up!” the one who seemed to be the leader of the patrol ordered Posy. “And move away from Amelia.”

They just want to make sure I can't use her as a shield for their bullets. Posy realized. They will shoot me as soon as Amelia's out of my reach.

Suddenly, a figure appeared behind the trio of guards.

Piper grabbed the heads of two of them and conked them together.

“Ow!” the redhead grunted.

“Arg!” the blonde grunted.

The two sentries fell on the ground, out cold.

The third guard turned to face the new threat.

It was Piper.

“You bitch!” she spat.

However, turning her back on Posy was a mistake.

The Vigilante attacked the black-haired guard from behind and wrapped a viselike arm around her neck and over her throat. She applied a tight sleeper-hold.

“Thanks.” Posy said to Piper while the guard was fruitlessly trying to break free.

The other woman nodded in silence, then made sure that the two sentries she neutralized had truly passed out.

It turned out that the redhead was faking, therefore a quick sleeper-hold had to be applied...

Having ditched Amelia, Janette was searching the woods on her own.

She frowned when she heard a few rustles and muffled groans.

Machine gun raised, she searched the bushes from which the noise was coming.

Janette's eyes widened when she came across Catalina and her team.

The allies of her boss were bound with zip-ties and gagged with tape; AND piled up on each other, which was a pretty humiliating predicament.

Janette removed the tape wrapped over Catalina's mouth, since she was on top of the pile.

“Owowowowowowow!” the woman whined.

“What happened? What are you doing here?!” Janette asked.

“What do you think happened?! We tried to stop the escaped prisoners, but they got the drop on us, that's what happened!” Catalina exclaimed. “Can you please free me? And also release my girls?”

Along with the zip-ties she was given, Janette was also carrying a wire cutter. Well, technically she took it because it was perfect the cut a prisoner's finger, but she guessed that she could also use it to release the four women...

She cut Catalina free, then did the same with her three henchwomen.

“Finally!” Nataleigh complained. “You girls are rather heavy, you know?”

“Blame the buffet.” Carol retorted.

“It's a good thing I came across you four...” Janette said while they were massaging their wrists. “You can help us catch those bitches!”

The four released women shared a glance and frowned.

“What? You want to fight these girls? Are you crazy?!” Catalina exclaimed. “These special combattants are nasty!”

“Are you insinuating that you want to run away?” Janette barked.

Catalina and her henchwomen were already fleeing. Maddie and Carol were dragging Nataleigh behind them, and their boss was running at the back of the pack.

“What the- Come back here you cowards!” Janette called them.

“Not on your nelly!” the self-proclaimed supervillainess shouted back.

“You can't just turn your backs and run away!”

“Well, we just diiiiiiid!” Catalina exclaimed from afar.

Janette cursed at them.

Well, to hell with these cowards... Who needs their help anyway? It's not like they could make a difference...

Janette scanned the surroundings.

She could hear faint noises in the distance.

Wasn't it the sound of a scuffle?

She took that direction.

Half-unconscious, a brunette and a blonde were lying at Cleo's feet. They were moaning slightly.

They had the bad luck of passing near Cleo's hiding spot and not spot her in time...

The special combattant was scanning the surroundings.

With the three I've already restrained and the ones Agria and Clover neutralized, these two should be the last ones in that area... she thought to herself. No wait, one sentry's missing! Where is she?

Posy and Piper were busy securing the three sentries they had knocked out, who were now lying at Amelia's right.

This was the reason why Janette was able to get the drop on them.

“Found you!”

Piper and Posy turned and froze when they recognized the woman.

“You?! But you were...”

“... left hog-tied on the floor of your cell, yes. Well, newflash ladies, when you don't finish your opponent off, they have a tendency to come back to have their revenge...”

The private guard smiled.

“I got you, bitches! You two are going to regret what you did to me!” Janette waved the barrel of her machine gun. She was exulting. “On your knees. Both of you. I want you to beg me for mercy. Then, maybe, I'll spare you.”

Piper and Posy shared a quick glance. A glimmer of understanding sparked between them.

They jumped at the same time in opposite directions. Their synchronisation was perfect, and actually took Janette by surprise.

She opened fire, but her bullets flew between the two women who had just split up.

Piper attacked Janette on the left, and Posy on the right.

The sentry tried to hit Posy with the butt of her machine gun, but the Vigilante grabbed and blocked the weapon. Janette immediately reacted by kicking her in the stomach. She couldn't put all her strength in the hit because of her precipitation, but Posy was forced nevertheless to take a few steps back.

Piper didn't give the sentry the time to take capitalize on her advantage, and wrapped her arms to try to choke her from behind. However, this time Janette was prepared. She hit Piper with the back of her head, making the security guard loosen her grip.

Janette broke free and turned to punch Piper.

However, while she was strong, she underestimated her opponents' teamwork. While the guard's attention was focused on Piper, Posy grabbed her arm to block her punch. And, when she tried to hit Posy with her other arm, Piper grabbed that one.

Janette paled suddenly when she realized she was immobilized.

“No wait!”

“Enough with the monologues!” Posy exclaimed.

“We don't have all day!” Piper added.

A double punch sent Janette to slumberland.

The five escapees dragged the fourteen defeated guards in a clearing to gather them all in one place.

“You know, I've been thinking of something...” Clover said. “Before we leave, we should send a message to Roxane. Why don't we strip all her guards?”

“An additional humiliation? I like the idea.” Posy agreed.

“What about the guards who are already zip-tied?” Agria objected.

“Think of the message.” Clover insisted. “And if they wake up, you can still knock them out again...”

“You can cut the uniforms with your knife without stripping them first, then use the strips as extra makeshift ropes, to make sure that they can't escape.” Posy added. “I'd like to hog-tie them.”

The special combattant groaned. “Fine. We'll do it your way.”

In spite of the number of guards, they were fast and diligent. In record time, all the guards were down to their undergarments.

Given their number, fourteen guards in total, there was a big variety of colours and types of undergarments.

Roughly half of the guards were wearing a boring plain classic set of white or of grey t-shirt bra and panties or boyshorts. The other half, however, didn't have that foresight. The tall leggy blonde who was Agria's first target was wearing a black string and a matching lacy plunge bra showing a lot of cleavage, while the dark-skinned brunette who was part of the same patrol was clad in a raunchy set of scarlet red g-string and a marching scarlet red see-through bra. The sentry with wavy shoulder-long dark chestnut hair and hazel eyes with gold specks that Clover mugged was wearing soft cup bra and tanga. There was also another blonde wearing a set of zebra underwear (bullet bra and bikini panties), a brunette with a tiger print set of briefs and full-cup bra, and a black-haired woman wearing girly underwear: a pink bralette and matching hipster panties with white little hearts and white edges.

All the sentries were similarly restrained: wrists and ankles bound, completed with a plain classic hog-tie connecting the bound limbs. Depending on the woman, the bonds were either made of a mix of zip-ties and strips of uniforms; or only of strips of uniforms. They were similarly gagged though: their mouths were filled with strips of clothes (or hankerchieves, or socks) and each woman's red tie was used as a cleave-gag.

“Very useful these things... We should petition to make ties a permanent addition to sentry uniform.” Clover commented.

Her mockery elicited a reaction from all the bound sentries that were conscious: They all mewled angrily in their gags.

Janette was the second-to-last guard to be stripped. Since she wasn't already bound, they didn't need to cut the clothes and removed them the old-fashioned way. Therefore, for the second time in one day, the bluish-black-haired woman was left down to her cream white lacy push up bra that she probably used to try to make her breasts look bigger, absinth green hipster panties, and white socks.

Just to piss her off, Posy put on her sentry uniform. Given the fact that she was using a push up bra, the brown-haired woman deduced that Janette was complexed about her bust size, therefore she mocked her by commenting: “Too tight around the chest.”

And indeed, the comment made Janette furious. However, she was also hog-tied with her own zip-ties and strips of the uniforms of her colleagues, as well as gagged with a few strips of white cloth and her own tie turned into a makeshit cleave-gag. Therefore, she couldn't do – or say – much.

“You don't want to leave them naked?” Agria asked the Vigilantes.

“Personally, I think that showing them that kind of mercy is even more humiliating.” Clover explained.

When Agria grabbed Amelia, who was the last reamining fully clothed guard, Posy intervened however.

“Not that one, please. We're taking her with us.”

Agria coldly stared at the strawberry-blond-haired young guard. “Why?” she finally asked Posy.

“She was having second thoughts. I don't think Roxane will let her live after learning that she was getting cold feet at the idea of shooting us. She will see her as a liability.”

“We're not some kind of refuge for stray kittens.” Agria commented.

“Then see it as a witness collection.”

Agria groaned, but realized that Clover and Piper would side with Posy. Cleo shrugged. Clearly, her partner didn't see the point in arguing and had already decided that agreeing to Posy's demand would spare them a lot of trouble. The special combattant was outnumbered. She gave up. “Fine...”

With Cleo's help, and without bothering to untie or ungag Amelia, she grabbed the young guard and put her into a firearm carry over her shoulders.

“Let's hurry up.” Agria concluded. “We'll use these idiots' cars to leave this forsaken woods. Hieron will give us a secured meeting point, where he'll be waiting for us.”

Posy smiled. Roxane almost managed to get the drop on them. It was a close call, but they survived. Ultimately, they came up on top.

The only downside was that Catalina and her cronies were able to take advantage of the confrontation to escape...

Well, at least she and her friends were alive! There would be other occasions to catch the self-proclaimed supervillainess anyway.

“Let's pile them up before we leave.” Posy suddenly said, pointing at the guards.

“MMMHHH!”

Roxane waited to hear from her guards for a long time, but ultimately lost patience. Were these idiots having their fun with the escaped prisoners to the point that they forgot to inform her of their success?

The businesswoman decided to send her drones in the middle of the woods.

However, the task proved to be harder than expected.

Flying drones indeed weren't supposed to fly in the middle of the forest. They were still a delicate piece of machinery. One mere misplaced tree branch was enough to damage them if not careful. And indeed, Roxane lost two of them when their propeller got tangled with a branch.

The businesswoman didn't care.

She wanted to witness first-hand the deaths of these rats who dared defy her. Her! A pure-blooded citizen of Olympus!

She was more careful with her third drone, nimbly piloting it between the trees.

“I believe I see lying bodies on the right.” her guard suddenly intervened.

“Indeed.”

Roxane smiled and licked her lips. She approached her surveillance drone.

“What the...?”

These were indeed motionless bodies. However, these weren't the escapees surrounded by her victorious guards...

These were her guards!

Her guards thoroughly humiliated! Beaten up! Defeated! Stripped down to their undergarments! And trussed up! Bound and gagged with strips of their own uniforms! The Vigilantes and their accomplices even took the time to pile them up, just to add to the humiliation!

Some of them were squirming and struggling against their bonds. The drone wasn't picking up the sound, but Roxane could perfectly imagine their weak muffled moans.

The businesswoman remained still, unable to take her eys off the screen.

“Lady Barca!” another sentry insisted while talking through the door of the office. “The police is done interrogating the victims. They are now very insistent that you must see them. We won't be able to buy time for much longer!”

Roxane punched the control board of her drones.

“Curse you, Vigilantes!” she screamed. “CURSE YOU!”

Epilogue of Part 3:

Mae and Sophia were given blankets to cover themselves, and a hot drink to help them recover from their ordeal. They were sitting on chairs. Around them, the rest of the catering crew and the police were bustling. Apparently, Lynn and her team were found bound and gagged in the grove of trees near the service entrance. They were still in shock, but relatively unharmed. And unclothed. The people who assaulted Mae and Sophia also mugged them to steal their clothes.

“Sophia... I... I wanted to thank you...” Mae suddenly said.

“For what?”

“For not running away. You had a window of opportunity to escape them, but you didn't do it... to save my life...”

“I couldn't let them hurt you...” Sophia explained, feeling a little embarrassed.

There was a moment of silence.

“So... You're recovering fine?” Mae finally asked Sophia.

“More or less.” The woman with copper red hair hesitated, but then added: “Believe it or not, this isn't actually the first time I was mugged for my costume...”

Mae's eyes widened. “No kidding?!”

Sophia nodded. “It happened during one of my parts at Olympus City's Opera House, as a member of the chorus... I had to go to the restrooms and the woman ambushed me when I was washing my hands. I tried to scream, but nobody heard me because of the noise of the spectacle. I couldn't even fight back. She overpowered me and knocked me out as if I was nothing... When I woke up, I was in my full slip, taped on the cold tiled floor... And that woman was back. She had led my friend Delphine into a trap to steal her stage-manager clothes. And when I tried to protest, she knocked me out again.” Sophia chuckled bitterly. “I heard later that everything happened because there were tensions between Cérès and the Eudokias. Delphine and I had to endure several hours of being trussed up in our underwear, in fear, just because Cérès wanted to send a message to House Eudokia. To her eyes, we were a mere unimportant collateral damage... Pawns just good enough to bring a set of clothes to her agents, and to then be discarded as a mere afterthought...”

Mae also hesitated, but then admitted: “Actually, this isn't my first time being mugged for my clothes either...”

Sophia raised her head again to look at her.

“It happened when I was still working for Carnela. My co-dancers and I were supposed to go perform at the city of Opal, in Frontier... But we were ambushed in the locker room of our dance school just as we were about to leave to board our plane. The intruders wanted to steal our tickers and our identities. They knocked me out from behind, probably with some narcotic. I didn't even see their face. When I woke up, I was bound and gagged in my underwear with my other co-dancers in one of the showers...”

Suddenly, Sophia couldn't help but chuckle. It was nervous, but she couldn't help.

“We really should find another topic of conversation...” she finally said.

“What do you say we have a drink together, once everything is over?” Mae proposed.

Sophia smiled lightly. “I'd like it...” she commented.

“According to the anonymous call, this is the right van...” the first police officer said.

“Well, there certainly is something fishy going on with this vehicle...” the second police officer added.

The van was indeed slightly moving. And they could hear people wiggle inside.

“Dead giveaway that there are captives inside. So, what do you bet? Kidnapped victims or victims of uniform stealings?” the first officer asked.

“Uniform stealings, obviously.” the second answered.

The police officers opened the door of the van.

There were indeed two half-naked women inside, whose bodies were partly covered by a sheet. The first had light brown hair, worn up in a large ponytail tied with a yellow scrunchie, hazel eyes, an oval-shaped face and a rather prominent chin, shapely legs and a shapely bottom, but a small chest. The second was a tall slim girl, with a round face, a light pale skin, dark eyes, and waist-long black hair styled in a hime cut. While she had a well-endowed chest, the rest of her body was plain and not very curvy.

However, the two women weren't tied up anymore. In fact, the ropes and gags that used to be restraining them were lying on the floor of the van around them. Apparently, they had managed to free themselves.

Currently, the women were tightly embracing, with their hands caressing each other... and they also were passionately kissing each other.

The two women opened their eyes, glanced at the newcomers while their lips were still locked, and realized they weren't alone anymore. They interrupted their kiss. Both blushed.

“What is happening exactly...?” the first officer asked.

Luan and Maggie shared an awkward look.

“Well... We managed to free ourselves...” the former said. “But... You know... Between the adrenaline, the nervous tension, and the relief... We couldn't help but...”

“I don't wanna hear the details about it!”

Luan and Maggie smiled shyly, but then shared a meaningful look with each other.

Each grabbed the other's hand as the officers were helping them exit the vehicle.

Emma woke up in a police station. Rachel was with her. The two women were found and rescued by police officers.

“One of our patrol cars went missing.” the commissioner explained to them. “Uniform stealers stole the outfits of two of our agents, and used them to ambush you.”

Currently, the socialite and her girlfriend were waiting in a room of the police station. They had been given spare clothes.

Emma was feeling glum. This day was supposed to be special. It was supposed to be THEIR day. And now, it was ruined.

She was holding the little box in her hands. Well, at least they didn't steal the ring... It was a meagre solace.

“Emma...” Rachel intervened.

“Yes?”

“Do it.”

Emma frowned. Rachel was looking at her with intensity.

“Do... what...?” the socialite asked.

“Show me the ring.”

Suddenly nervous, Emma swallowed.

“Here and now?”

Rachel nodded. She had a determined expression. “Here and now.” she said. “No uniform stealer will go between us. Show me the ring. I want to answer yes.”

The following kiss lasted for a long time.

The escapees of Roxane's estate drove like crazy in their stolen cars and only stopped once they were at the meeting point where Hieron was waiting for them.

Men and women at arms wearing bodygard suits were securing the place.

Amber was already there, waiting for them.

She jumped into her friends' arms. “Finally! I was worried sick for you!”

Posy and Clover almost cried tears of relief and hugged her back.

“Glad to see that you have made it safe and sound.” Hieron added. “Though it looks like you did a good chunk of the escape by yourselves.” Cleo and Agria were standing at his right and at his left.

“We probably wouldn't have made it in one piece without Cleo and Agria though.” Clover answered. “Thank you.”

The burly man shrugged. “It was the least I can do.”

Cleo smiled. Agria remained impassive. “I think there's still a future for you among the corp of the special combattants.” she commented. “You have the right analytic mind, and you're less emotional than your partners.”

Clover shook her head. “Thanks, but no thanks.”

Behind him, two women wearing bodyguard suits were carrying Amelia. The guard with strawberry blond hair was still restrained and gagged, and was looking around her with big round eyes.

“Be gentle with her!” Posy intervened.

“Agria told me about her. We will keep her restrained during her transport. Then, after her questioning and if she cooperates, she will be added to the witness protection program.” Hieron then said to the two women carrying the prisoner: “Though you can take off her gag. I know you two have a bondage fetish, but please remain professional!” he joked.

Posy nodded. She waved and smiled encouragingly at Amelia, who was now ungagged and climbing inside one of the police cars. The young guard nodded slightly.

Then, while Amber, Clover and Hieron were busy discussing, and Agria was talking with Cleo, the busty woman approached Piper. The latter was standing out of the way, and looking at everything with a slightly dismayed expression.

“It looks like there were other forces at work during your little campaigns... Forces that are beyond me.” Piper commented. “I guess the government is involved.”

It wasn't a question.

"... Yes." Posy answered.

There was a moment of awkward silence, as both women didn't know what to say to each other. They had different methods, but they had discovered that their end goal wasn't that different. And they helped and saved each other during their adventure, which was of course complicating things even further.

“So I guess that this is the moment when we part ways...” Posy finally said. “I'll admit that I wish it's only a 'good bye' and not a 'farewell'. We made a rather good time...”

“We might not be on the same side anymore if we meet each other again.” Piper commented.

“Perhaps.” Posy agreed with a sad expression. “I will admit that what happened at the bank, what you said to me when we were in the cell... It made me think. I need time to sort things out. To decide what I want to do.”

Piper remained silent for a moment. Then she said: “I asked one of the agents about the asthmatic bank employee. I heard that the woman made it through. If it can ease your worries a little...”

The security guard gave the information to make Posy feel better. The latter nodded to show her thanks, but then added: “However, this doesn't change the fact that it was my and Clover's fault if her life was threatened in the first place...”

Piper didn't try to sugarcoat things. “Yes.”

Posy took a deep breath, made her decision, and looked Piper in the eyes. “If you want to turn me in, I won't try to run away or to dodge my responsabilities. I will even make sure that Hieron doesn't try to intervene.”

Piper hesitated.

Then she shook her head.

“I guess I can give you... a head start. There are worst people out there, so I'll have to catch them first.” she finally said.

Posy nodded. "Thanks. I will miss you." Then she held her hand out.

Piper briefly hesitated, but then shook Posy's hand.

Hieron approached them.

“I heard you are working for Primrose Security, right?” he said to Piper. “Could you bring a message to your boss on my behalf? The Government would like to hire your company as consultants and instructors for our own security guards.”

“I will.”

The woods surrounding the Barca estate were bustling with activity.

Though for now Roxane wasn't suspected of any crime yet, she couldn't avoid mentioning to the authorities the fate of all her guards bound and gagged in the woods. Therefore, a legion of police officers were combing the woods, freeing the guards, and looking for clues and fugitives.

However, not all the people bustling in the woods were members of law enforcement...

“I can't believe we're running away with our tails between our legs...” Nataleigh commented.

She was currently immobilizing a policewoman wearing the standard police uniform of the country: a dark blue blue police cap, a dark blue uniform jacket with a shoulder radio, a white shirt, a belt on which her service weapon and handcuffs were strapped, dark blue uniform pants, and black shoes. The police officer had a tall slim body, a busty chest, black hair tied into a neck-long ponytail, green eyes and a white skin.

The equally-tall, but more muscular, henchwoman was applying a tight sleeper-hold to the unlucky agent of law enforcement. The gurgling and groaning police officer was feebly trying to loosen her mugger's grip, but Nataleigh was way too strong for her. And given how her eyelids were flickering and her eyes were rolling back, the policewoman was on the verge of passing out.

Catalina was busy stripping of her police uniform trousers an unconscious brunette with chestnut eyes, a light brown skin and neatly tied back hair. The self-proclaimed supervillainess looked at Nataleigh and said: “It's called a tactical retreat, my henchwom-”

Carol dope-slapped her. The auburn-haired woman was crouching next to her boss and was also busy stripping an unconscious policewoman. Though hers was a blonde with a slightly pudgy waist and round cheeks, dark blue eyes, a fair white skin, and a chin-long bob cut. A few minutes ago, Carol knocked her out with a clean punch to the temple.

Catalina rubbed the back of her head. “I mean, my faithful minions.” she corrected herself.

Another dope-slap.

“Ouch! I mean my...” Catalina looked at Carol. “...friends?” she tried.

“Don't push your luck.” the auburn-haired woman said.

The policewoman who was prisoner of Nataleigh's grip moaned one last time and passed out. Unconscious, she went limp in the muscular woman's arms.

“My associates?” Catalina finally tried.

“That's better.” Carol went back to strip her policewoman, unzipping her jacket and unbuttoning her shirt.

Catalina whispered behind her back. “My sidekicks...”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing! Nothing!”

At the same time, they could hear a brief scuffle from the other side of the bushes in which they were hidden.

A policewoman, the fourth member of the patrol they ambushed, was trying to meet up with her teammates. She had hazel green eyes and ginger red hair, as well as a few freckles on her cheeks and a tight low bun.With her petite stature, she seemed to be the youngest of the bunch, probably the rookie of the patrol.

Maddie jumped her from the bushes and hit the spot on the woman's neck just below the vagus nerve. The policewoman barely had the time to grunt. She slumped into her attacker's arms. Maddie wrapped her arms under the woman's shoulders and around her upper-body.

“This one's for you, Catalina...” she said while dragging the knocked out woman into the bushes.

Catalina and her associates used the police officers' own handcuffs against them, cuffing each woman's wrists behind her back. They used their casual clothes as makeshift gags, blindfolds and bonds. Each policewoman's legs were bound with a pair of trousers. Their mouths were filled with small strips of t-shirts, with a longer strip used as a cleave gag and another as a blindfold.

The four fleeing criminals were now dressed as perfectly respectable police officers. At their feet were lying their four unconscious underwear-clad victims.

The tall black-haired woman was wearing black cheeky panties and a scarlet red push up bra. (“As if she needed the help to show off.” Nataleigh groaned.) The brunette was clad in skin-coloured seamless panties, but wasn't wearing a bra. (“Such a fool!” Carol commented.) The plump blonde was wearing grey control briefs and a plain white minimizer bra with thick cups. (“Probably complexed by her breasts.” Maddie remarked.) The petite redhead was clad in white panties with a pink edge and a flower pattern as well as a matching bralette. (“Barely big enough to make a decent slingshot.” Catalina joked.)

“It's a bit humiliating for policewomen to be restrained with their own handcuffs, don't you think?” Maddie commented while adjusting her stolen weapon belt and the collar of her stolen uniform jacket. “Talk about getting the tables turned on them...”

“Well, I've always said that a woman should never carry her own restraints.” Catalina answered. “That's just tempting fate.”

“You mean like our zip-ties?” Carol slyly commented.

Catalina awkwardly cleared her throat to avoid answering the question. “Anyway...It's time to make our leave.”

“This police uniform is itching me...” Maddie suddenly complained.

“You keep having this problem with every uniform you steal, and I think that I have finally figured out the reason why.” Catalina commented. “It's probably linked to the repressed guilt you're feeling after assaulting and divesting innocent women.”

“Or maybe you're just a soft oversensitive sissy!” Carol intervened.

“Can it, you nit!” Maddie retorted.

They left the four bound-and-gagged policewomen behind, fated to be found later by their colleagues in that humiliating predicament.

******* A few days later... *******

Posy was sitting in front of the table of the break room of the public library in which she and Clover were working, a cup of tea in her hands.

She raised her head when her friend entered.

“So... What are the news?” Posy asked.

“Roxane is leaving the country. She'll settle into her secondary residence of Crescent for a while.” Clover announced to her friend.

Posy's eyes widened. “What?! Why?”

“To make sure that she's out of the reach of our country's justice.” Clover explained. “Crescent is part of the Province of Artemise. Artemise is part of the Nation of Okéanis. And Okéanis refuses extradition requests coming from the Federation.”

“Is she really threatened?”

“Hieron is currently battling her lawyers. On the one hand, she's guilty of several kidnappings and attempted murders. However on the other hand, if there's a public trial, Hieron won't be able to hide the fact that he sent special combattants to rescue us without the approval of the rest of the government. Nor will he be able to hide our acts of vigilantism and to prevent us from also being prosecuted if we try to testify.”

“Well, in a way, we would deserve it. We did harm innocent people...” Posy sombrely commented.

The asthmatic bank employee they mugged was indeed rescued in time. However, Posy had learned that it was a close call. Had Catalina and her henchwomen decided to gag the poor woman again, she was a goner.

Posy then took a deep breath. “I've made my decision, Clover. I don't want to risk causing harm to innocent people anymore, not even for the greater good.”

Clover nodded. “I understand. I respect your decision.” She looked through the window. “To tell you the truth, I've also been thinking about that. I have a few ideas. Did you know that special combattants are actually given rules to reduce the risk of harming innocent people? No gags. Clinically-approved narcotics to neutralize them without tying them up. A special phone line to call the police and have them pick up the victims to transport them to a safe place.”

“It would be a palliative.” Posy objected. “It wouldn't solve the heart of the problem. Piper had a point, you know? We know what it's like, to be stripped and bound and gagged. We've lived it. During days. And yet, we've also inflicted it on people who did nothing wrong... We made them live through what we had to live through. Sure, we didn't do it sadistically like the Eye and its fanatics did. We've tried to be as gentle as we could. But I don't think it's enough... Not anymore...”

Clover sighed. “I know. But what about Roxane?”

Posy hit the table with her fist. “I feel the same way as you do! I can't stand the idea of her being free!” she angrily exclaimed. “I wish there was a way to bring her down! But...” She lowered her head. “I just don't want to involve innocent people in our fight. Not anymore.”

There was a long moment of silence. Clover was still looking through the window.

“There could be a solution.” she finally said.

Posy raised her head. “Do tell, please.”

“Roxane thinks she's out of reach. And she probably thinks that her property outside of the Federation's jurisdiction is the perfect place to hide compromising files. I'm sure we can pay her a little visit.”

The idea was tempting, of course.

“What about the security? The staff?”

“She hired a group of mercenaries to protect her estate. Tough people. Dangerous people. Most of them are even wanted criminals in the Federation, but since Okéanis refuses extradition, they can freely offer their services in that country.” Clover looked her friend in the eyes. “What do you say?”

“So you mean that there won't be any innocent security guard or third party this time?” Posy asked. “Only sentries and mercenaries aware of the criminal past of their employer?”

“Yes.”

Posy smiled harshly.

“Then I say that Roxane should try to make things less easy for us..."

"It could be dangerous."

"I'm not scared of them!" Posy exclaimed. "The Vigilantes are back in business! For one last gig!”

Clover and Posy bumped fists with each other.

"This time, we'll bring her down for good!"

END OF PART 3

Whew! Finishing this part proved to be a lot more time-consuming than expected. Can I make a confidence? At first, there wasn't even supposed to be a final confrontation with Roxane's guards. Basically, the joke was that for all their huffing and puffing, they would miserably fail at catching up with the fugitives. An ultimate humiliation for the villainess. Then paf, the epilogue. But the idea of a defeated company of guards was too tempting to pass, and people seemed to be expecting it, so...
Hey! I did say to esercitto sconfitto that Roxane's guards were mostly safe. The key word being mostly...
Don't hesitate to leave thoughs on both the final confrontation and the epilogue, because they truly were written at different parts.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

WOW ! the battle in the bush! wonderful scenario! special thanks! :D
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

It's quite a long chapter, so at your suggestion, I will split my thoughts between the climax and the epilogue.

The final confrontation was overall really good. Bringing Janette back was a smart way to give the sentries an identifiable character, making them more than just Roxanne's faceless minions. Her interaction with Amelia (and jealousy over the "preferential treatment") was quite amusing. I love the continued development given to the victims in your stories.

Speaking of which, Piper's continued development has been a delight. She's come a long way since "Of Tranquility and Darts," and everything about her journey has been believable. Her friendship with Posy is well-defined and nuanced, as each woman teaches the other about a new perspective on uniform thievery.

If I had a complaint about the climax, I would have liked to see more of the sentries get their uniforms stolen not for humiliation purposes, but for disguise. There's something inherently entertaining about sentries on the prowl getting picked off and replaced by imposters without their teammates knowing it. Was hoping we'd see more of that, although this story certainly did not lack for sentry disguises.

The epilogue was also very good, even though it's not the epilogue to the story proper. Again, I like learning about the victims post-mugging, and it's interesting to see how many of them have grown close to each other over their shared experience as USB victims. I'm not sure if I'd like happy endings to become a regular occurrence (it sort of downplays the ethical greyness of uniform stealing if the victims wind up happy about it), but it worked in this case.

I like the detail of Catalina and her team's need for disguises overlapping with the police searching for Roxanne's guards. Surprised Catalina lets herself be slapped around like that, though. :lol:

And the final scene hints at an exciting climax ahead. Should be interesting to see Clover and Posy's final confrontation with Roxanne, and if they meet any more familiar faces in the process. (Not sure if they will, I'm just speculating.)

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”