Story 12: Final Gambits

Trackman281

Re: Final Gambits

Post by Trackman281 »

Let's do this. I've been looking forward to reading this. :)

Chapter from Aug 15th

Very tense opening with Aster, Zoe and Shayna, the situations getting serious now, damn this is going to be great. :)

Clown disguises, I tip my hat yet again, you've used a profession that is extremely rare in the world of USB. Nicely done. :D

I see Megan and Amelia make a very welcomed return for this chapter,I do like how you re-use some characters as seeing the same unfortunate victim getting mugged more than once is unique. :D

It seems Julie is starting to warm up to Emery, Presa, Yuna and Cynthia. Could this be the beginning of a new USB career for Julie. I'm keen to know where you go with Julie. :?: :)

As always I see Klenia has her soft spots, including taking a woman's outfit which the victim needs for her job, I like these scene's with Klenia and Mikani, you never fail to disappoint as their all amazing. :)

This was a great chapter and I was thoroughly entertained the whole way through. Allow me to crack on with the next part. :D

Chapter from Aug 18th.

I see Hailey is a traditionalist in terms of always giving the newbies a hard time, she's a character I'll keeping an eye out as I think she'll be a secret stand out. Well I was about to say damn Katniss really can't catch a break can she, but after seeing that yes she's getting knocked down, she'll sleep fondly knowing that her teammates are potentially going to be in a worse situation than she'll be in. :)

Interest little sentence there saying of how Tiffany, Yuki and Aeris were all holding Katniss so she didn't hurt herself as she fell to the ground, this showed some new emotional traits from one of my favourite groups, now fair enough they could of been doing it so she didn't make a noise and cause the others to come and investigate or they could of been genuinely doing it for her well being. I know you probably didn't intend for that small snippet to ponder such a thought, but it did with me. Nicely done. :D :D

Nice scene afterwards with Lily and Rue, I have a soft spot for shadowy takedowns. Speaking of which, wow these Spec Ops teams are dropping like flies and all by the different groups of characters, I;m sensing one hell of a pivotal moment approaching, this is going to be awesome. :D :D

This was simply outstanding, you had me smiling the whole way through, now I know in your last comment your getting ready for a grand finale of this chapter and all I have to say is "I can't wait." You've created one heck of a story ARC here and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down, I've multiple ideas buzzing round my head as to how this all end, but I want to leave it all a surprise for myself. I really can't wait. Absolutely fantastic work. :D :D
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Thanks for the comment.

Clown disguises were indeed chosen because at my knowledge they were unheard of, and it created a common theme with the uniform stealings of this part due to the return of Amelie and Megan.

Though Julie isn't really warming up to Emery and the others. It's more like she chose the option that wouldn't leave her bound and gagged (at best) somewhere.

Not spoiling anything, but Hailey won't probably return. She wasn't even supposed to have a name at first and I only gave her one to make writing her part easier. I wanted her to be a hateful one-bit character that received her comeuppance for being a bully almost immediately after her introduction. Katniss was indeed ultimately somewhat lucky in her misfortune, if I can say that. Yes indeed, this Spec Ops team really had no idea what was going to befall on them. Clearly, they were out of their league.

Glad you enjoyed these parts. Hopefully, the next will be worth the build-up.
rufusluciusivan

To celebrate the end of the bug, here is the next part. Huge thanks to our moderators and to johnboy12 for fixing the issue.

Reka regrouped with the other members of the team she assembled.

Lizéa's group was the first to arrive, shortly followed by Amara and Karin.

“Perfect. Now that these losers of the Special Forces are out of the picture, we can take action.” Reka said. “Here's the plan. Lizéa, Tiffany, and Yuki, you will create a diversion by firing at the building's eastern façade. Coral and Helen, you will take position in front of the backdoor, and shoot anyone that tries to escape through here. At the same time, Amara, Kjelle, and I will attack the front door.”

Lizéa pointed at Amy with her chin. “What about her? We throw her into a dumpster?” She still wasn't fond of the wig-wearing henchwoman.

“Hey! Shut your...” Amy started to say.

Reka raised her hand, threatening to slap her. The other woman stopped talking.

“She will come with me. Lizéa, what about your fourth friend?”

“Aeris? She can't stand violence, and would be of no use in a fight anyway. I left her behind. She'll be ready to patch us up if things go south.”

“And even though she barely did anything, she's going to get paid...” Amy started to complain.

“Shut your trap, you spiteful tart!” Tiffany interrupted her.

“A healer of her calibre is way more useful than a jerkass with no team spirit like you.” Lizéa said. “Don't you dare criticize my girl!”

“Yeah!” Yuki added, giving her the middle finger.

“Everyone, just stop arguing and keep focused.” Reka interrupted them. “We have a building to raid!”

Amy was forced to swallow her anger and kept quiet. She sought support from Reka's other henchwomen, but they were whispering to each other, clearly amused by the situation. Amy didn't take the time to build a relationship with them, therefore they didn't care about her.

Amy clenched her fist when she heard Amara and Helen chuckle at a comment made by Coral. She was certain that they were mocking her.

Aeris was watching Katniss and Madge, the two prisoners. They were still deeply asleep, seated pressed up against each other. She was morose.

I'm about to become the accomplice of several murders. How did I get here? How did I get so low?

The former nurse still remembered the day of her graduation, in the nursing school. She was so proud back then.

She also remembered the green valley in which she grew up, dug by powerful torrents coming from the nearby mountains.

And she remembered a young four-years old girl with soft features, light-brown hair, and emerald green eyes, whose hair were tied into pigtails.

I should just go home...

Aeris shook her head to forget the idea. Not now! Keep focused! Just one more day, and you'll have enough money! She wanted the money, and she didn't want to let Lizéa, Tiffany and Yuki down. They weren't perfect, but they were her teammates, perhaps her friends. If it weren't for them, she would have left this operation long ago. But she wanted to help them...

Suddenly, she frowned.

“I could have sworn I've heard footsteps...” she muttered to herself.

It was as if...

As if some people were deploying.

But who could it be? All the operatives of the Special Ops team were bound and gagged. There was no reason for someone of Reka's team to retrace their steps.

“Lizéa? Tiffany? Yuki?” she said, though not too loud to not alert a unwanted witness.

No answer.

Was it her imagination? After all, she didn't have a clear conscience...

Katniss suddenly moaned in her gag.

Aeris approached her to check her pulse. She was hoping that the young woman wasn't experiencing an allergic reaction because of the sleeping drug.

Luckily, the new recruit was fine. She was just having a nightmare. Her pulse was steady and she didn't have difficulties to breath. Aeris felt relieved.

She froze when she felt something cold and sharp against her throat. A knife.

Tonight, Mikani wasn't playing around. Her friends' lives were in danger. Zoé's life was in danger. She was going to protect them all!

Mikani didn't necessarily want to hurt this woman in particular. Indeed, her victim didn't seem to be a bad person at heart. After all, she did take the time to check the vitals of a prisoner out of concern. However, Mikani was perfectly ready to use violence, or even lethal means, if it was to protect her friends and family. And she wanted to make it perfectly clear to the light-brown-haired accomplice of Reka.

This woman actually reminded her of the description Klenia made of Aeris, a member of a gang of petty kidnappers of the town of Matilda, led by a woman called Lizéa.

I guess it means that Reka hired extra muscles. At least four people.

“If you want to live, keep quiet and obey my instructions. This will be my only warning” Mikani coldly said to the woman.

Back when she started working for the Rebellion, Mikani was actually tempted to adopt Emery's merciless policy towards enemies. Even though she quickly changed her mind when she started working with Aster, the pale black-haired woman hadn't forgotten how she felt at her beginnings. Today, Mikani was channeling the coldness and willingness to kill of her former self.

Next to her, Posy and Clover were looking determined. If Mikani's threats were bothering them, they weren't showing it. The two women trusted Mikani. They didn't know her for a long time, but escaping a cult of crazy supremacists was a good way of creating strong bonds.

Aeris slowly nodded. “I won't try to fight. I'm a healer, not a fighter.” she whispered.

“Answer my questions. You're part of Lizéa's team, right? And your team is working for Reka?”

“Yes to both questions.”

“Who are these two women?”

“Operatives of a Special Forces team. Reka and Max think they have been sent by Cérès. Reka's plan is to take their place and make it look like there was a police blunder.”

“And where are Reka and her accomplices?”

“I don't know. My job was simply to stay behind and heal the eventual injured women of the team. I don't know their precise deployment.”

She didn't seem to be lying.

“Clover, Posy, can you search her?”

“With pleasure.”

However, her two friends didn't find anything. Except a photo.

“I'm sure this is some kind of plan...” Mikani started.

It was a picture showing a smiling Aeris. She was holding a kid who was 4 years old at most. The girl was her spitting image.

“Who's that?” she asked her prisoner.

“No one of consequences.” Aeris quickly retorted.

“She looks a lot like you.” Mikani insisted.

“She's my niece. She has nothing to do with that.”

“A niece or a 'Karst niece'?” Clover intervened.

Aeris didn't answer, but her eyes widened. Her reaction apparently taught the black-haired librarian everything she needed to know.

“What do you mean?” Mikani asked.

“The girl is not her niece. She's her daughter.” Clover explained.

Aeris bit her lips.

“But why would she lie about that?”

“The child was proably born out of wedlock. Karst is a conservative Province. Here, an illegitimate child will face discrimination during all their life, and their mother will be shun away by her community. Therefore, when a young woman gets pregnant out of wedlock, the family usually hides the unwanted pregnancy. Then, the parents pretend it was their child.” Clover looked at Aeris. “Am I right?”

“... Yes.”

“Why would you leave her behind and work with criminals?” Mikani asked.

“My parents are poor. I need money for her.”

“You have hurt people for this money. I'm not sorry for you.”

“I'm not asking you to be. I know the heinousness of what I did. But a mother's first concern is her child's safety.”

Mikani thought of Zoé.

“You took the words of my mouth.” she said. “And that's the exact reason why I will ask you to remove your uniform. I will need it if I want to pass myself for one of your teammates from afar.”

“So that's why there was a kid in the shop... And to think that Lizéa thought she was some kind of human shield...” Aeris shook her head. “I... I understand... I don't have the choice anyway. And these clothes aren't mine to begin with, so...”

Under Mikani's careful eyes, Aeris removed one by one the differents part of her combat gear. She stopped once she was down to her light violet tank top, pink t-shirt-bra, white briefs with pink edges, and white socks.

“You will not kill Lizéa, Tiffany, and Yuki, right?” she asked.

“I will try, but I make no promise. And I can't speak for my friends.” Mikani said.

“Fair enough.”

Mikani, Clover, and Posy were carrying rolls of thin but hard-wearing white strings, taken from Aster's shop. They used them to tie up Aeris' wrists and legs. They also bound her shoulders and tied her arms over and under her breasts, as well as her knees. They did it with no unnecessary cruelty, but made sure the bonds were tight enough to prevent her from escaping. Aeris was gagged with a clean grey rag and several stips of tape.

“Do we help these two?” Posy asked, pointing at the blond-haired and the black-haired young women sleeping seated against each other, while bound and gagged in their underwear.

“I don't think it's a good idea.” Mikani answered. “Aeris said they are from a Special Ops team sent by Cérès. They are not our allies.” Mikani answered.

“Better be safe than sorry...” Clover concluded.

The bound-and-gagged Aeris was left seated next to Madge and Katniss.

“And one down.” Mikani concluded. “Though I'd wager that the others won't be subdued as easily...”

“I hope the others are doing fine. We weren't expecting our enemies to strike as quickly...” Clover commented. “I mean, it's a good thing we regrouped. But our enemies weren't supposed to strike so soon...”

“Given what we've just witnessed, while there are two groups of enemies, we can safely assume that they are also fighting each other. Perhaps Reka's group has even already won against Cérès' team. It's giving us a chance, and the time, to attack them by surprise.” Mikani said to reassure her. “Don't worry for our friends. They are tough. And Aster, Klenia, and Shayna are professionals.”

“I'm worried for Zoé.” Posy intervened.

Mikani took a deep breath to suppress her own worries. She was the experienced member of her team. She had to look confident to boost morale. But still... Even though she didn't show it, she was worried sick. They couldn't make the child leave the shop in time.

In fact, they barely had the time to leave the building and deploy in the alleyways under the cover of the night to ambush their enemies when they noticed suspicious activity outside. It happened merely a few hours after they just all regrouped in Aster's shop. Therefore, Zoé was still hiding inside the building, with Hana. They were two people Mikani wanted to protect.

“Well, we just have to make sure these bimbos never reach the shop.” Mikani answered to lift their spirit. “We were lucky enough that there was some in-fighting between two different teams out for our heads, let's press our advantage!”

The other two women nodded with a look of determination on their faces.

Coral and Helen were walking fast. Indeed, they were the ones who needed the most time to take up their position.

Both women were impatient to fight. They had a beef with Aster's team, who humiliated them back when they tried to intercept them at South Window's international airport.

At first, Coral wanted to kill Aster, Klenia and their friends to avenge her dead companions, Zephyr and Azur, who were killed by the Rebellion back when the three of them were soldiers in the Army. It was petty and a little childish, but she wanted to make someone pay.

However, Aster, Klenia, Mikani, and Shayna made it personal when they stripped her and left her in a garage dumpster.

Helen was sharing her sentiment about the whole ''personal revenge thing''. Like most people hailing from Hera, she had a high opinion of herself, and she wasn't going to forgive the people who humiliated her.

“We're almost there.” the brown-haired woman said.

“I really hope they'll try to flee.” her blond-haired partner said. “It will be incredibly satisfying to shoot them if they do...”

The two henchwomen shared a smile.

Suddenly, something – or more precisely someone – jumped Helen from behind.

It was Shayna. She hung onto Helen's back and locked her head into sleeper hold. The henchwoman tried to grab her, but her opponent was in her back out of arm's reach. And the woman was nimble as a monkey. She wasn't able to shake her off.

Shayna's sister, Venia, was carefully approaching them, looking for an opening to try to help her sister.

Coral didn't waste time trying to understand why they were attacked. A third woman was on her, and about to engage her in hand-to-hand combat. She didn't have the time or the space to raise her rifle. Instead, reflexively, she tried to hit her attacker in the stomach with the butt of her rifle. The other woman blocked the blow by grabbing the weapon with her two hands.

Coral recognized Klenia.

“You!” she barked.

“So, what will you do with your share of the money?” Yuki asked.

She, Tiffany, and Lizéa were about to reach their position.

“I'll bribe the right persons to have all the jerks of the sports committee who deregistered me disgraced and fired.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Weren't they justified? After all, you were rigging your fights...” Lizéa teased her.

“So what? This business is all about money and bets anyway. Everyone's constantly rigging the fights, though usually by bribing the contestants instead of drugging them. I was simply the one who got caught, and they took advantage of it to make an example. A way for them to pretend that there was nothing wrong. Fucking hypocrites!”

“Right... As for me, I'll buy myself a nice villa on Okéanis' coast.” Lizéa said. “One that's too big for one person, meaning that I will be looking for... 'company'.”

Tiffany smiled, and understood the innuendo, but didn't answer.

“And you, what will you do?” Lizéa asked Yuki.

The short young woman hesitated. “I don't... really know. I'll be rich, I guess.”

“You could go see your family.”

“What? No! Of course not! I mean... No!” However, Yuki wasn't sounding as convinced as she would have liked to sound.

“You know, I ran away from home too when I was around your age.” Lizéa said. “My folks wanted me to join the army, I didn't. And while I've never regretted running away, I regret not having tried to see them again at least once before they croaked... Besides, you'll have money. You will be able to flaunt it on them if you want.”

Yuki hesitated. “Maybe I will...” she finally said.

There was a moment of silence. They were arriving in front of the alleyway from which they were going to create a diversion.

“I'll go on reconnaissance!” Yuki then offered.

Lizéa nodded.

The short young woman quickly entered the alleyway to scout it.

“I like her enthusiasm.” the brown-haired woman commented. “She's gonna go far.”

“Maybe she realized that three's a crowd...” Tiffany slyly muttered.

“Come on, Tiff'! We have to wait after the mission!”

“It's not my fault if seeing you wearing that gear turns me on. And your talk about buying a villa to enjoy some company didn't help things.”

“The reverse is true, but please control your hormones.”

Yuki entered the alleyway.

Klenia winked at Coral and kneed her in the stomach.

“Gah!”

Coral let go of her weapon. However, thanks to her rage, she ignored the pain. Instead of trying to get away or to grab her weapon back, she charged. Her head hit Klenia in the stomach.

“Oof!”

Both women fell and rolled on the ground.

Venia noticed Klenia's predicament and tried to help her, though she couldn't easily intervene into the fray, as the two fighters were quickly rolling on the ground.

Near them, Helen was trying to get rid of Shayna, who was still clinging to her back. The henchwoman struck her back several times against the walls of the alleyway to hit Shayna, who was still clinging onto it. The latter grunted in pain and let go.

Because of the pain, Shayna didn't counterattack immediately. Helen used this brief moment of respite to catch her breath. Then she hit Shayna in the stomach with her elbow, and drew a combat knife. Venia had no choice but to let Klenia fend for herself to help her sister. She grabbed Helen's arm to stop her from stabbing Shayna and held onto it. At the same time, Shayna came around and jumped the blond henchwoman.

Coral and Klenia struggled a moment to try to gain the upper-hand. They rolled more on the ground, and hit each other. It was a brutal scuffle: the first woman knew that her revenge was within reach and refused to give up so close to her goal; the second was desperate to protect Shayna, Aster, Mikani, and all her friends.

When they stopped rolling, Coral was on top.

“I got you!”

Klenia's eyes sent daggers at her. Her hair was a mess and her right cheek was bruised, not to mention several parts of her body thankfully hidden by her clothes.

Coral raised her fist high to punch her in the throat in an attempt to crush it.

“WHY...”

Klenia punched Coral in the kidney, a part of her body she wasn't protecting anymore due to having raised her fist.

“... DON'T YOU...”

The brown-haired henchwoman froze because of the pain. She grunted. Klenia pushed her away with her legs.

“... JUST...”

Klenia hit Coral on both temples with the palms of her hands to daze her.

“... TAKE A NAP?!”

Klenia threw a mighty punch. Coral saw stars and fell on the ground with a grunt of pain. She didn't get up.

Klenia caught her breath.

She turned to help Shayna and Venia, but it turned out that they didn't need her assistance.

After throwing herself against the wall several times to dislodge Shayna, Helen was too tired to fend off against two opponents at the same time. Venia and Shayna were pinning her on the ground. The latter was putting her to sleep with a chokehold. The henchwoman was succumbing to the effects of the sleeper-hold. She groaned weakly a few more seconds, then her body went limp.

“Are you okay, love?” Klenia asked.

Shayna laid the unconscious blond-haired henchwoman on the ground while Venia took a few long breaths to catch her breath.

“Never been better!” Shayna answered. She stretched her back. “Though I think I will have lots of bruises tomorrow...” She sent her girlfriend a meaningful look. “You'll have to massage me.”

Klenia smiled. Goodness, she was looking so sexy with her hair roughed up, a defeated woman next to her! A true fighter!

“Trust me, if it wasn't a do or die situation, I don't think I could resist taking off your clothes and getting to it immediately.”

“Um, hello lovebirds?” Venia intervened. “I'm still here, you know?”

Coral started to groan. She was already coming back to her senses.

“Goodness, she's persistent!” Klenia complained.

She applied a sleeper-hold to send the brown-haired henchwoman back to slumberland.

“Let's strip them quickly, so we can truss them up!”

Aster didn't hesitate when she saw the short black-haired woman pass near her hiding spot. The newcomer was wearing the combat gear of an operative of the Special Forces. She wasn't a friend.

One hit on the neck with the edge of the hand sent her to slumberland.

“Ugh!”

Aster caught the falling woman to prevent her from making too much noise by falling on the pavement.

Luckily, the woman's accomplices didn't notice what just happened. They were in their blind spot. Though Aster knew that she and her two companions didn't have much time before they would see them.

“Goodness, she looks so young...” Amber commented. “I don't think she's older than 19...”

“Olympus conscripted younger people.” Zia commented with a shrug. “My sergeant always said: 'If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough to shoot.'”

Aster would have preferred working with her usual teammates. Amber wasn't a trained fighter and Zia, while she used to be a conscript, wasn't as good a fighter as Klenia or Mikani. However, when they discreetly left the shop to ambush the people who were deploying to raid the building, they decided to split up in order to make sure that each group had at least one experienced infiltrator.

Aster was still holding her victim. She was indeed young, but she was also an enemy willingly working for someone who wanted to harm her friends. Aster wasn't going to feel sorry for her.

The short woman's accomplices were approaching.

“Do we use the soporific bomb on these two?” Amber asked.

“No. We have only one, and we may need it later for the core of the group.”

“They have rifles.” Zia commented. “How do we get rid of them without the bomb?”

“I have a plan.”

Coral woke up, only to realize that she was thoroughly restrained. Her limbs were bound with strings. And so were her shoulders and her upper-arms, which were pinned to her torso. A loose hogtie was connecting her bound wrists to her bound ankles. While it wasn't tight enough to keep her legs suspended, it meant that she couldn't move her arms without forcing her legs to raise. Something was filling her mouth, and her lips were sealed with a dozen layers of thick tape. Given the sour taste and the texture, it was probably a pair of socks. Perhaps even hers! Disgusting! And, more importantly... She had been stripped down to her underwear! She was only wearing her seafoam green t-shirt bra and mint green hip-hugging panties. They even took her tank top! She wriggled on the ground, to no avail. The hogtie was perfectly doing its job: since with every move of her arms she also had to lift the weight of her legs, she was get tired a lot more quickly.

Then she saw Helen. Her friend was also hogtied and gagged. And she was also stripped. The blonde was clad in only a push up bra with a pattern designed to look like the pattern of the tail of a peacock and matching high-cut panties.

Suddenly, Coral heard Klenia's voice.

“I see you've woken up! Perfect timing!”

“Mmmhhhh!”

Klenia briefly twirled to show off the combat gear she had just stolen, and she was now wearing. Coral's gear.

“It looks pretty nice on me, doesn't it?”

“MMMHHHH!”

Klenia pointed at a big rectangular metallic dumpster nearby.

“And would you look at that... A perfect place to stash you and your friend... It will be just like last time!”

“MMMHHHH!”

No way! How dare she!

Klenia lifted her.

“And into the dumpster you go...” she said with a bright smile.

Luckily, it was a recycling dumpster. Therefore, the brown-haired henchwoman landed on cardboards and not on smelly trash. Coral grunted and monaed, but her gag muffled her screams and threats. Helen followed suit and landed next to her.

“Shayna, Venia, let's go! We have to make sure the others are doing fine on their own!” Klenia looked at the two defeated, stripped, and humiliated henchwomen. “By the way, blondie, your uniform looks great on my girlfriend!”

Klenia closed the lid, leaving it only slightly open to allow some air to enter. Coral and Helen were left moaning alone in the dark.

“Don't you think she's taking a little too long?” Tiffany asked.

“Yuki! Did you see something?” Lizéa called.

They suddenly saw some movement. But there was no answer.

Tiffany and Lizéa shared a look. They raised their rifles and approached the figure.

It was...

“Yuki? Why are you standing there saying nothing?” Lizéa exclaimed.

Then she realized that Yuki's eyes were closed and her body was limp. A woman was holding her.

“Enemies!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“They're using her as a shield!”

Indeed, they couldn't shoot without risking hitting their comrade.

Aster was the woman holding Yuki. She suddenly threw the short young woman at them with a violent push.

Reflexively, Lizéa couldn't help but catch her.

Tiffany dodged and tried to shoot with her rifle.

Aster grabbed the weapon and deflected it, making the busty woman fire in the sky.

Lizéa laid Yuki on the ground to help her girlfriend... And suddenly saw the handgun that was pointed at her by a young woman with blond hair.

“Well-behaved young women are using guns now?” the brown-haired woman commented.

“You can thank conscription for that.” Zia answered.

Suddenly, a third woman with a black tatoo of a flock of skylarks on her left arm jumped from her hideout and attacked Tiffany in the back. A strong shove made the busty woman lose balance and fall on the ground. Aster immediately immobilized her with a submission hold, twisting her arm behind her back and pinning her to the ground.

“Good teamwork, Amber.” she commented.

“I aim to please.”

Zia smiled at Lizéa. “It looks like you'll have to surrender.”

“Very reluctantly, yes.”

“And you better keep walking in front of me, where I can see you.” Reka said.

"Of course."

Amy was clenching her teeth. She was tired of being threatened and pushed around by Reka.

Did she owe her something? No.

Amy maybe, just maybe, owed something to Selena, the one who rescued her from jail and hired her – and even then the redhead hired her more or less against her will. But Selena had left, and Amy intended to follow her example.

She simply needed to wait for the good occasion...

“Take off your uniform.” Aster ordered to Lizéa.

Amber was helping her stripping and restraining Tiffany. Currently, the waitress was unlacing and taking off the busty woman's combat boots.

Zia was still threatening the brown-haired woman with her gun.

“You know, using human shields is despicable.” Lizéa complained while unzipping the bulletproof vest.

“I agree.” Aster retorted, while still immobilizing Tiffany. “Almost as despicable as helping a criminal commit several first-degree murders. A criminal who used to work for a drug seller and human trafficker, and probably has a lot of blood on her hands.”

Lizéa kept quiet for a second. Then she shrugged. “Got me there!” she admitted. “Though, for the record, I'd like to say that she was offering a lot of money. And I do mean A LOT.” She quickly glanced at Yuki. She couldn't help but ask: “Did you... hurt her much?”

Aster's tone softened very slightly. “Not too much. She'll probably wake up with a headache, but that's it.”

"I suppose a thank you is required then, since you didn't kill us."

"Wait until after we're done stripping and trussing you three up before thanking us." Aster said with a smile.

Amber was busy silencing Lizéa, Tiffany, and Yuki. She was shoving a few clean handkerchiefs into each woman's mouth, then she was tying a rag over their mouth as a cloth-gag. Handcuffs and zip-ties, the very ones strapped on the belts the three henchwomen used to be wearing, were used to restrain the women's wrists and ankles. Yuki woke up while they were trussing her up, but at that point she was in no position to try anything.

All three women were down to their undergarments. Lizéa was wearing a blue lacy half-cup push-up bra and lace breathable seamless briefs with a floral pattern. Tiffany was wearing a lacy red thong and a matching red shelf open half-cup padded underwired lace trimmed bra. Aster didn't really want to know what these two had planned after their mission. Yuki was wearing a plain deep green t-shirt bra, light beige panties, and white socks.

Amber, Zia, and Aster were now wearing the Special Forces combat gears, from the boots to the helmets. They reasoned that, since it was the night, they could use them to fool the other members of Reka's team and trick them into thinking they were with them. And even if it didn't work, helmets and bulletproof vests could always come in handy.

“Stripping women at arms... Brings back memories.” Zia commented.

“Did you miss it?” Aster asked, trying to do small-talk to ease the tension.

“I wouldn't say that. However, I don't mind doing it again. As long as I'm not the one mugged for my uniform, I'm fine.” Zia said with a light smile.

People tended to forget about him because he was short, and he looked like a nerd. And because, since Reka's team was all-female, he wasn't involved in her uniform stealing and infiltration shaenigans.

However, Max was still part of the team. And he knew when he had to lay low. Even though many groups were deploying at the same time, nobody actually managed to spot the short accountant while he was walking across the different alleyways.

Even Reka only noticed him only when he was next to her.

“What is it, Maxie?” she asked. “Be quick. The others are probably in position.”

“We have a big problem. While I was watching the streets nearby, I noticed that we are not the only ones deploying.”

Reka's eyes widened. It meant...

“No...”

The tall woman was seeing red. Were these bimbos going to always find a way to worm out?!

“They know we're here. We have to leave, Reka. The entire operation is compromised.”

Max wanted to flee.

But Reka...

Reka wasn't going to give up when her revenge was within reach.

“Maxie, you're positive that there's now a child with them?" she asked.

“According to my contacts, yes.”

“Then we still have a chance. Kjelle, Karin, Amara, and Amy. Follow me. If they are all outside, then it means that there's no one inside. We raid the building now! They probably left the brat hidden somewhere inside. They didn't know we were coming today, therefore they couldn't make the kid flee in time.”

“What about the others?” Amara asked.

“They'll have to adjust to our change of plan. That is, if they're still able to. But now we have no time to waste. Let's hurry!”

Reka dashed towards the building. Kjelle, Karin, and Amara followed her. In their hurry, they forgot to force Amy to go in front of them.

The latter realized that this was her occasion. Max probably wouldn't try to chase after her, he didn't care. And even if he did, Amy was confident that she was faster than an accountant.

Amy smiled.

So long, suckers!

She ran in the opposite direction.

The second the rag was tied over her mouth, Lizéa immediately noticed that her cloth gag wasn't as tight as it should have been. Amber was probably new at gagging people.

When her captors left, while talking of regrouping with their friends, she immediately started to try to remove her gag. After violently shaking her head in every directions during several minutes, she was able to loosen it and free her mouth. The cloth gag fell under her chin. She wasted no time and spat the handkerchiefs filling her mouth.

"Finally!"

She looked at Tiffany, who groaned in her gag.

“Tiff'! I'll help you!”

She crawled on the ground towards Tiffany. Once she reached her, she got up on her knees and used her teeth to loosen the busty woman's cloth gag. Once the piece of cloth was under her chin, Tiffany spat the material gagging her.

“Thanks! You think you can free my wrists?”

Lizéa shook her head.

“They used handcuffs. I don't think we can free ourselves without the keys...”

Tiffany took a long breath.

“This time it's over, isn't it? We're going to jail.”

“I'm afraid so... Unless Reka wins AND bothers to come rescue us.”

Lizéa and Tiffany shared a glance. Then, Lizéa looked at Yuki.

“I'm sorry.” the green-eyed woman then said. “I got too greedy. We should have taken Selena's money and left with her. It's my fault if we...”

“Goodness, Liz'! Just kiss me!” Tiffany interrupted her. “Kiss me as if it was the end of the world! If we have to go to jail, I want to have no regret!”

Even though she was only wearing her underwear, Lizéa suddenly felt very hot. She fully understood now why Primrose requested to be tied together with her girlfriend when Lizéa and Tiffany mugged them for their uniforms. This situation was terrible, terrifying, but also terribly arousing. Not to mention that sexy red lingerie...

Tiffany and Lizéa locked lips.

Yuki blushed and turned her head.

“Amy's not with us!” Karin suddenly commented.

“Rotten little turncoat! I'll...” Amara started.

“Forget about her. We have more important things to do.” Reka interrupted her.

They reached the main door of the flower shop.

There had been no reaction in the building.

“They truly aren't inside. They probably hid the brat somewhere, perhaps with someone to protect her.” Reka commented. “Karin and Amara, you watch the door. Kjelle, you come with me. We'll search the house and grab the brat.”

Amara and Karin nodded, getting their rifles ready.

Kjelle and Reka entered the building.

As Amy expected, Max didn't try to catch her. He simply glanced at her with a bored expression.

The woman disappeared in the labyrinth of alleyways.

Amy was exulting.

And in the end, who's playing her cards right? Dear old Amy, of course! Lounge chair in Frontier, here I come!

Amy was feeling exhilarated. She was free at last!

Farewell Reka! Farewell Jewel! Farewell annoying bosses!

Suddenly, a leg was stretched in her way.

Amy tripped and fell on the ground. She grunted in pain.

Two women were approaching her.

“You jerks! You tripped me on purpose!” Amy barked.

“Well, well, well, Posy... I remember this mug... Do you?”

“Of course, my dear Clover. Amaranthe Phocas, Jewel's former right-hand woman. A pleasure to meet you again.”

“We're delighted to have been able to get our hands on you. We intend to make you pay the bill for our captivity in the Eye's hideout.”

Amy paled.

“Will... Will it help my case if I remind you that I betrayed Jewel?" she tried

The other two women chuckled. Then, they said: “No.”

Aster, Zia, Amber, Klenia, Shayna, Venia, and Mikani regrouped in an alleyway. The black-haired pale woman was the last to arrive. The others were already hastily whispering to each other. They were looking worried.

“I left Clover and Posy with Amy.” the latter explained as she was arriving. “They have a score to settle with her...”

“We have a problem.” Aster interrupted her. “Mikani, we have a big problem. Klenia, Shayna, and Venia caught a glimpse of Reka's core team. They have noticed that we were neutralizing their groups one by one. They are currently moving to enter the shop.”

“Zoé and Hana are in danger!” Mikani understood.

They didn't need to exchange another word. They quickly ran to the building.

Amy had rarely felt so humiliated in her life, with the exception of the dark period during which she was so weak that she couldn't go on the bathroom on her own and had to wear diapers as if she was a baby.

Clover and Posy actually tossed a coin to decide which one was going to wear her combat gear. Clover won.

The black woman was smiling brightly, now dressed in the Special Forces uniform.

However, Amy couldn't do anything about that. She was bound with the handcuffs and the zip-ties that were previously strapped on her belt, and gagged with her own socks. She was only clad in her grey sports bra and matching boyshorts.

Well, at least they let her keep her wig...

Reka was sure that she had heard some faint noises coming from the room she was currently in, but she couldn't spot the hideout. She wouldn't be surprised that there was a secret door somewhere...

The tall black-haired woman decided to try something.

With only gestures, she asked Kjelle to violently open a door, to make it look like that someone entered the room to stop her, then to quickly jump out of the way.

The henchwoman complied.

“So you're here!” Reka suddenly screamed, as if her enemies had entered the room.

She then opened fire, shooting at the wall.

“Looks like I didn't need a hostage after all...” she commented. “So long, girls.”

“No!”

It was a child's voice.

Reka and Kjelle exchanged a triumphant smile.

Her trick worked!

As I thought, a secret door leading to a secret room...

Now that she knew where to search, she located the secret door and opened it.

“Found you!”

Inside, there was the kid, Zoé. In front of her, a black-haired woman wearing glasses was holding a stun gun. Reka recognized one of the students who helped Klenia and her friends during the civil war. Hana Izani.

“Don't touch her! I have a weapon!” the young woman threatened.

Unimpressed, Reka raised an eyebrow. Then, she hit Hana with the back of her hand, swatting her as if she was an annoying fly. The latter fell on the floor and dropped her weapon.

“Go back to your mother, pipsqueak. I'm not interested in you.” She looked at Zoé. “But you, on the other hand...”

“Zoé, run!” Hana screamed.

Zoé slipped between the tall woman's legs and ran.

“Hey! Come back here!” Reka exclaimed.

When the kid saw that Kjelle was blocking the door leading outside the building, she quickly ran to the first floor.

“Brat! You're supposed to play the part of the nice little hostage!” Reka shouted.

She pointed at Hana. “Kjelle, you capture this one. She'll be our hostage if I can't get my hands on the brat.”

Reka then ran after Zoé.

Two women were guarding the front door of the flower shop. They were wearing combat gears and were holding silenced assault rifles.

“Amara and Karin. Two of Reka's cronies. We can safely assume that they are all here, then.” Aster said.

She and her companions were observing the building while hidden in a nearby alleyway.

“Well, Coral and Helen are currently all tied up in a dumpster, so that means there are two less henchwomen to worry about.” Klenia intervened.

“That explains the bruises.” Aster commented.

“We had a little disagreement.”

“We can't approach them without being spotted. They have rifles. Do we use the bomb?” Amber asked.

"You really want to use this bomb, right?"

"Well, it's a sleeping bomb... Just like in the animes and the spy movies..." the waitress justified herself.

“Then you can rejoice. We are going to use it. We can't waste time with the goons. We have to stop Reka.”

Kjelle confidently approached her victim with a smile.

Hana was still on the floor, but she kicked the henchwoman in the stomach when the latter tried to grab her.

The muscular woman took a few steps back.

Hana got up and ran away.

Kjelle ran after her.

“Oh, I see... You think you're strong? I'll show you who's in charge, punk!” she barked.

Karin spotted the woman first. She wasn't one of them.

The blonde raised her rifle.

“Here! In this alleyway!” she shouted to warn Amara.

Without any warning, Karin opened fire.

“Did I hit her?”

“I think not.”

“What's that?”

A small canister fell in front of them.

It suddenly released a white smoke.

The two women started to cough.

“Smoke bomb!” Karin exclaimed.

Amara was starting to feel dizzy. No... Not smoke... “Don't... Don't breath it... It's...”

“It's what...?” Karin asked.

“Sleeping gas, you idiot!”

But it was too late. They had already breathed too much gas.

Both women dropped their weapons and fell on their knees. They were still coughing.

Aster, Klenia, Mikani, Shayna, Venia, Zia, and Amber approached them. They were using bandanas to protect their mouths and noses. Aster kicked the canister away. The white smoke cleared.

Amara and Karin were still on their knees, still coughing, and still feeling dizzy.

"But I was... supposed to... show my worth..." Karin exclaimed. "Bloody... cheaters..."

“I thought that this would knock them out instantly.” Klenia commented.

“Sleeping gas takes a long time to put someone to sleep. In the open air, the gas usually dissipates before the victim is truly asleep.” Aster explained.

Klenia cracked her knuckles. “Well, it looks like we'll have to do it the old fashioned way...”

Even though her mind was already foggy, Amara gulped nervously. Her body was anticpating the upcoping beating.

Hana was running between tables in the back shop where a part of the merchandise was stored, trying to slow down her pursuer with obstacles. She was scared, but it wasn't preventing her from thinking straight. She simply needed to buy some time. Her friends were probably already on their way. They had probably already noticed that Reka was attacking the building directly.

Kjelle didn't bother walking around the obstacles. She kicked and threw away the pieces of furniture, sending dozens of flowerpots flying and crashing onto the floor.

“You're only making it worst!” the tall woman shouted.

Hana grabbed an empty pot and threw it at the henchwoman's head.

Kjelle dodged.

“I'm going to break your legs!” she threatened. “We only need you to breathe to use you as a hostage...”

Mikani, everyone, please be quick!

Amara and Karin were now truly unconscious.

“Amber, Zia, and Venia, you stay here and bind these two." Aster said. "Mikani, Klenia, Shayna, come with me. It's time to put an end to this once and for all.”

While the three women left behind weren't happy, they knew that it wasn't the time to argue.

The four friends exchanged determined looks, entered the building... and quickly heard the sound of a commotion.

In the back shop, Kjelle had cornered Hana.

"I'm going to break your kneecaps, and then your fingers one by one, you little bitc..."

“Hey, butch!” Mikani called.

Kjelle casted her a murderous glare. “What did you call me, punk?” She was so angry, she wasn't even worried by the fact that four armed women were in front of her.

“Why don't you try to pick up on someone who can fight back?” Mikani added.

“Like you, pipsqueak?”

Mikani gave her handgun to Klenia.

"You scared of a fair fight?"

"Do we have time for that?" Klenia whispered to her.

"I won't shoot as long as she's close to Hana." Mikani whispered back. She then added, out loud: "It won't take me much time. Not against a loser like her."

"Oh, you asked for it!"

Kjelle charged and threw a mighty punch.

Mikani avoided the blow, used her short stature to get through the woman's guard, and punched her in the solar plexus.

The wind knocked out of her, Kjelle fell on a knee.

“As I thought. You're all talk.” Mikani said.

She then kicked her in the chin.

Kjelle fell on the side, squirming on the floor.

Shayna handcuffed Kjelle's wrists behind a radiator. To prevent her from thrashing about too much, the blonde also zip-tied her ankles and her knees.

“Feel lucky that we haven't the time to strip you.” Klenia threateningly said to her.

Kjelle casted her a murderous look and opened her mouth to insult her. Shayna shoved a dirty rag grabbed in a nearby shelf into her mouth.

"Thanks for making my work easier, butch..." she mocked her while knotting a bandana over the henchwoman's mouth as a cloth gag.

Kjelle's insults and threats were muffled by the gag.

Hana had been so terrified that she had needed a few instants to recover. “I'm sorry... I couldn't stop Reka... She's after Zoé...” she finally said once she could talk again.

“It's not your fault.” Mikani answered while quickly hugging her. "It's us who should apologize. We shouldn't have let you alone without protection."

"No! I... I knew it would be dangerous when I came to help you..."

"Where are they now?"

"I told Zoé to run and hide. She went to the first floor."

They heard loud footsteps above their heads.

Then, suddenly, there was a scream.

“Zoé!”

"She caught her!"

“Hana, stay here. It's dangerous. We'll deal with her.” Mikani ordered.

The four friends rushed to the room from which the scream came.

They warily entered the room from where the noises were coming.

This room was supposed to be turned into a guest room in a near future but, currently, it was still empty.

Through the huge window on their left, Mikani couldn't help but notice that the moon was beautiful tonight.

Reka was standing in the right corner of the room. The tall muscular woman was holding Zoé hostage. She was lifting the girl with one arm. With the other hand, she was threatening her with a gun.

“Drop your weapons. Or the brat gets it.” she coldly said.

She was slowly walking along the wall to reach the door allowing to exit the room.

Aster, Klenia, Mikani, and Shayn moved to face their foe, though they kept their distance. The window was now in their back, and Reka was in front of the door. They couldn't take refuge anywhere.

“And let you shoot us the second we've dropped our guns? Not a chance. We're not stupid.” Aster retorted.

Mikani couldn't agree more.

“You will do it if you value the life of this brat.”

“She's not a brat, she's our daughter!” Mikani retorted, her voice dripping with venom. “And if you harm her, I swear that I'll kill you as slowly and as painfully as I can!”

Reka smiled mockingly. “You think your bark can intimidate me?”

It's not good. Mikani thought.

Reka was furious, but she wasn't letting her anger cloud her judgement like the last time, when she fought Klenia and Shayna. On the contrary, she was using it to remain focused. Her eyes were colder than steel.

“I've already beaten you in a one-on-one fight.” Klenia intervened. “And I can do it again. If you want a rematch, I'm your girl. Just let Zoé go.”

Good thinking. Trying to appeal to her pride. She's from Ares... Surely she can't bring herself to refuse a fight... Mikani thought.

“Not this time. This time, there will be no duel. This time, I shoot, you die.”

“You can't shoot all four of us at the same time! The second you open fire, we'll shoot you down!” Shayna objected.

“Oh yes? Would you risk hurting this precious child by accident?”

"And you, would you harm her? A hostage is only useful alive. If you harm her, there will be nothing left between you and us." Shayna retorted.

Reka kept quiet during a few seconds.

Shayna's trying to make her doubt. And it's working.

Reka spat on the floor. "I can't stand your impertinent luck! This was supposed to be my day! The day of my revenge!"

"I can't believe it... You're still dwelling on that?" Aster angerly exclaimed. "Zoé has nothing to do with that, and yet you're still threatening her! Where's the pride in that? We're not even the ones who killed Sao or Calypso! And what's the point of your vendetta anyway? Dead people don't care about revenge. You're only throwing your life away! What good would it do to you?"

"Maybe it will finally quell my anger... You spineless worms couldn't understand it. You're not from Ares."

However, as she was talking, Reka made one mistake. While she was carefully watching the four women facing her, she wasn't watching Zoé.

It was hard to blame her for making that mistake. Most kids in the same hostage situation would be too terrified to do anything. However, Zoé wasn't exactly a normal ten year old girl. Zoé was raised by a family who taught her that she was part of a dynasty of warriors and that her ancestor was a half-god in anything but name. Then, after her family was wiped out, a cult of crazy supremacists continued her education. And, finally, the last few months, she had been under the care of four former Rebels that were at the same time adepts of martial arts, infiltrators, and uniform stealers.

Zoé didn't remain still.

Zoé bit Reka's arm. She bit her arm in a way only a reckless ten-years-old could bite. (Though it was very similar to how a rabid wildcat would bite.)

Reka screamed in pain and surprise. She couldn't help but drop the kid on the floor, and also drop her gun, to reflexively grab her bitten forearm.

“Brat!”

Zoé immediately crawled on all fours to take cover out of the criminal's range. Suddenly, the door of the room burst open. Hana grabbed the kid and ran with her to take shelter in an other part of the building.

Reka understood that it was over. She couldn't win against four people at the same time. She didn't have the time to grab her gun. Her only chance was to take advantage of the fact that Aster and her friends were as surprised as she by this turn of event, perhaps even more.

Only a fraction of second to act...

She could surrender or she could fight.

“I'll take one of you bitches with me!” she chose.

She drew her combat knife and charged.

“For Sao!”

The others didn't raise their weapons in time. They were also surprised by Zoé (and Hana) suddenly taking action.

I got you!

Reka's target was Aster.

She wouldn't have the time to raise her weapon.

She didn't try.

Reka was fast, but she forgot that Aster was also trained in martial arts. In fact, she was the one who trained Klenia and Mikani, with Aaria.

Reka was almost on her.

“Die!”

Aster knew that she didn't measure up against Reka in terms of brute strength. She didn't try. Instead, she used her opponent's strength against her. She jumped out of her way.

Reka couldn't stop in time and passed through the window.

During a fraction of second, they saw the expression of utter terror on the woman's face. The light of the moon was highlighting her statuesque figure.

Then she fell. Without a scream.

Aster sighed.

"Let's find Zoé and Hana."

Reka blinked.

She was lying on her back.

Strangely enough, the impact didn't hurt as much as she thought it would. Was she really that tough?

“Ha! You think this will stop me?” Reka shouted. “Just let me go back on my feet, and I'll show you!”

However, Reka did not rise up.

At first, the tall statuesque woman looked confused.

Then she understood.

And she gazed around her with a look of abject fear on her face.

“My legs!” she exclaimed. “I can't move my legs! I can't feel them!" She called: 'Maxie! Where are you? I need your help! Oh my Goodness! I... I can't feel my legs!”

Aster, Klenia, Mikani, and Shayna exited the building. Zoé was holding Mikani's and Aster's hand. The girl hadn't said a word since they rescued her from Reka. Klenia and Shayna were helping Hana – who was still very shaken – to walk. For now, they were leaving Kjelle handcuffed to her radiator.

Zia, Amber, and Venia were anxiously waiting for them.

“We heard something fall from the window! Are you okay?”

“It wasn't us.” Aster answered.

Amara and Karin were tightly restrained with handcuffs and zip-ties. To make sure they wouldn't bother anyone when they'd wake up, they were gagged with a copious amount of black tape. Even though they were still wearing the Special Ops combat gear, as their captors were too worried for their friends to take the time to strip them, they were now looking a lot less intimidating. Being completely trussed up tended to do that.

At that moment, Clover and Posy regrouped with them. They were dragging Amy. The underwear-clad woman was keeping quiet, and not just because she was gagged. She was trying to keep a low profile.

“Klenia, Shayna, can you please watch over everyone. Mikani, come with me. We will look for Reka.” Aster said.

The short woman nodded.

At first, Zoé refused to let go of their hand. Though she still wasn't talking, she tightened her grip.

Klenia took her in her arms. “They won't be long.” she reassured the child. “In the meantime, let your favorite aunt and her future wife take care of you.”

Zoé reluctantly complied, still without saying a word, and watched Aster and Mikani walk around the building.

“Future wife?” Shayna picked up. “Since when?”

“Since about now. If you want to, of course." Klenia answered. She was still holding Zoé, and was suddenly looking a little shy. "Will you marry me?”

Everyone was staring. Even Zoé. Even Amy.

Shayna couldn't help but laugh. “Wow! My Goodness! Out of all the moments, you chose this one?”

“Let's be honest, love. Would you have expected me to choose another moment?”

“I guess not. But what would you be without your spontaneity?” Shayna said while laughing.

“You didn't answer my question.”

Shayna was still laughing when she joyfully said yes. She was still laughing when she kissed her.

Aster and Mikani quickly found Reka.

The tall black-haired woman was lying on the ground, clenching her teeth. She was refusing to show weakness in front of her enemies. Max Shroud was inspecting Reka's wounds. He was looking dismayed.

“We should probably put her with the others.” Mikani commented.

Max shook his head. “You can't carry like that a woman who has a broken spine.”

"A broken spine?" Aster sighed. “I see... Let's call an ambulance.”

“Are you sure?” Mikani asked. “Cérès might intercept the call.”

“She needs medical attention.” Aster objected.

Mikani looked at the wounded woman. "Maybe she deserves it..."

Aster didn't answer.

Instead, she looked at the short accountant. He wasn't holding any weapon. “I trust you to stay with her. We'll call someone. Though you will give me your phone.”

The man nodded.

Aster and Mikani then returned to the others.

For some reason, Klenia's and Shayna's cheeks were bright red, and everyone but Zoé and Amy was smiling. Questions for later.

Though the smiles disappeared when they noticed their grim faces.

“So... Is she... dead?” Venia asked.

“Worst.” Aster answered. “She's...”

“Well, well, well... What a mess...” a female voice suddenly commented.

Rue casted an eye over the scenery.

She was accompanied by six women who were wearing the same equipment as Lily's team. With their helmets, it was impossible to see their faces because of the night and the dim light of the street lamps. They were looking like menacing animated statues.

“Is there even a word to describe the level of improbability that has just happened?” Rue commented.

But she then shrugged without waiting for the explanation.

“You know what? Who cares. I will ask all of you to nicely lay on the ground with your hands on your head, so my girls here can cuff you all.”

Rue was exulting. The look on Aster's and her friends' faces was the most beautiful sight she had ever witnessed.

"Hurry up. We haven't got all day!" she insisted, enjoying the feeling of power.

Three operatives moved to carry out her orders.

The three others grabbed something they were hiding on themselves.

Syringes.

Rue frowned.

Syringes?

Before Rue or anyone else could react, each of the three women jabbed their respective syringe into the neck of one of the three other operatives, and injected them with a colourless liquid.

“T... Traitors!” Rue exclaimed.

She grabbed her handgun. However, the first traitor blocked her arm and disarmed her. The second punched her in the stomach. The third kicked Rue in the back of the leg to make her fall on her knees.

At the same time, her three loyal agents were dropping on the ground, paralyzed by the drug they were injected with.

At first, when she saw some guards turn against Rue, Aster thought that a miracle just happened. Maybe Hieron managed to have Cérès' crew infiltrated...

“We don't know who you are, but we thank you! You showed up in the nick of time...”

But then she heard *the* voice.

“I wouldn't thank us too soon if I were you.”

It was a voice Aster was hoping to never hear again.

It was Emery's voice.
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rufusluciusivan

Warning to those who only check the latest post. Due to their length, I had to cut the latest part into two sub-parts. This is actually the second post. Read the previous post before this one to avoid spoilers!

Brigid woke up, only to find that something was rubbing her nose. It felt like a slightly rough fabric. What happened? Last thing I remember, I was in the back of the van with Felice and Roberta... And now I'm... I'm... I'M BOUND AND GAGGED?! Her shout of surprise was indeed muffled by the thick tape wrapped around her lower face and over her mouth. Her hands were tied behind her back with rope handcuffs. Another pair of rope handcuffs was binding her ankles. Finally, a coil of rope had been wrapped around her upper-arms to immobilize them. Wait a second. If I'm bound and gagged, then there's a good chance that I was also... The tall dark-skinned black-haired woman wasn't surprised to see that most of her clothes were gone. Her only articles of clothes left were her white push up bra, her plain orange briefs and her white woolen socks. The rest of her Special Ops combat gear had been stolen. Great! I've been mugged for my uniform... They even took my tank top, the jerks! And I thought it only happened to other people... On the plus side, she knew she didn't have to worry too much about Felice and Roberta, as they were most likely safe. Well, as safe as a bound-and-gagged woman could be... But at least they were alive.

Brigid realized that the thing that was slightly rubbing her nose was Felice's socks-coverd feet. Grey socks to be more precise. Brigid wasn't surprised to see that her colleague was also bound with ropes and gagged with tape - brown ropes and grey tape -, and only wearing her underwear. The red-haired light-skinned woman was clad in an orchid balcony bra and maroon boyshorts.

Well, at least her socks seem clean and don't smell. She probably changed them right before the beginning of the mission. Brigid shook her head. What am I doing?! If someone stole our identities, then the entire is mission is jeopardized! I have to break free and warn Rue!

Felice was still deeply asleep. Probably due to the drug they were injected with. Brigid looked for Roberta. Maybe; with some luck, she had woken up too... Unfortunately, when she saw the shorter black-haired light-skinned woman, she realized that she wouldn't be of any help. Roberta, rope-tied and tape-gagged, clad in only a dark blue demi bra, black bikini briefs, and salmon socks, was also snoozing.

Maybe if she could make the van rock back-and-forth to catch someone's attention? Or hit the metallic frame of the vehicle with her bound feet?

Brigid crawled with difficulty due to her bound limbs, and reached the metallic frame of the van.

After five minutes of banging for help, she understood that nobody was within earshot.

She panted. She was getting tired.

Dang it...

Emery was in a wheelchair. She was looking paler and more emaciated than in Aster's memories. But, with a gun in her hand, she was far from harmless. The black-haired woman was pointing her weapon at Rue. A woman with brown hair tied up into a high ponytail and whom Aster didn't know was pushing the wheelchair.

Two of Emery's women used their assault rifles to hold Aster and her friends off. Aster had a hard time recognizing them, as the the helmets were covering their hair and part of their face. In the dark of the night, with only the light of the street lamps, it was impossible to recognize them. No wonder Rue didn't notice that part of her crew had been infiltrated! She supposed that the shortest was Cynthia and the one of medium size was Yuna.

“Don't try anything for now.” Aster muttered to her friends. They had the advantage of numbers, but it didn't mean much against automatic assault rifles. Two burst of gunfire would be enough to mow them down.

If Rue was intimidated by the sudden appearance of her former instructor, she made great efforts to not show it.

“Where is the rest of my team?” she defiantly asked.

“They're taking a break, and a nap, in the back of their van.” the last fake operative, a curvy woman answered. Presa, according to what Aster knew. “But don't worry, I've knitted them nice coats of ropes to make sure they don't catch a cold.”

“You...”

“I'm the one asking the questions now, Rue.” Emery interrupted her.

She didn't raise her voice, but it was enough to make the other woman keep quiet.

“Where is Cérès?” Emery then asked. Her finger was already touching the trigger of her handgun.

This time, Rue couldn't hide her fear. “She's not here.” Her voice was shaking.

“What?!” Yuna intervened. “We were told that Cérès would be here!”

“She was supposed to, I swear!” Rue hurriedly explained. “But she chose not to at the last minute. She thought it was too risky, that she couldn't risk being seen near the shop during the operation!”

“Typical of her.” Emery commented to herself.

She coldly stared at Rue.

“Then I have no use for you anymore.”

“Wait...”

Presa didn't leave Rue the possibility to add anything else. She hit her in the stomach with the butt of her rifle to make her bend in half, then jabbed the needle of a syringe in her neck and injected her with the paralizing drug. Rue fell on the ground.

“I won't waste my bullets on the underlings. I have better targets in mind...” Emery commented.

For the first time since she'd gotten here, the black-haired woman looked at Aster and her friends.

“It looks like I will have to make do with the second prize.”

The black-haired woman rolled her wheelchair to better face the group of friends, who were exchanging worried glances.

“I have to admit, this is a very pleasant sight.”

“What do you want?” Aster asked her.

She took a step forward. Behind her, Klenia and Shayna were putting Zoé behind them; Mikani was doing the same with Hana; Venia, Amber, Clover and Posy were standing firm even though they were apprehensive; and Zia was looking for an opening.

“I'm still pondering my options.” Emery said.

She wasn't even smiling. Her face was neutral and her eyes were cold. Aster thought it was scarier than if the black-haired woman had been gloating.

“You don't even know half of these women.” she still tried to bargain. “Just let them go.”

Emery raised a perplexed eybrow. “And your point is? I had nothing against most of the people I was sent to kill. Them being unrelated to our feud means nothing to me.”

“Maybe, but you'd also prefer to focus on the one with whom you have a beef, wouldn't you?” Aster insisted.

She had to divert Emery's attention from everyone else. Maybe she wouldn't care about the others after she was done with her...

“I guess. I could make it painful. I could start by shooting your feet and your knees, then your hands and your elbows, then the shoulders. And then the stomach.”

“Then why don't you get down to it?” Aster defiantly retorted.

“I told you. I'm pondering my options. Strangely enough, the idea of revenge against you has become... less interesting during my stay at the hospital. Funny how a sickness can make you see the world differently. I thought I'd be more happy to have you at my mercy. I wasn't expecting to feel so... dispassionate about it.”

Emery scratched her cheek.

“Still, on the other hand, it would be a shame to waste such an opportunity...”

Julie was observing the scene.

That's it! I have to stop that!

She certainly wasn't going to be the accomplice of a murder!

Julie did something that she would never have thought she would be doing to a wheelchaired person.

The intern kicked Emery's chair, making the woman fall on the ground. Perhaps for the first time in her life, Emery let out a small shout of surprise. She had not anticipated the betrayal.

“I'm not going to let you kill people!” Julie grabbed the handgun the black-haired woman had just dropped and threatened Emery with it.

Emery's students were about to turn towards her.

“Yuna! Cynthia! Don't let Aster's team out of your line of sight! Presa, don't shoot yet!” Emery quickly shouted at them.

They obeyed immediately. Presa pointed her assault rifle at Julie.

The intern was kneeling, and using Emery's body as a shield.

“Stabbing me in the back and striking when I'm down?” Emery said to her. “I'm impressed. Though I'm also wondering what you are trying to accomplish... We both know that you won't be able to pull the trigger.”

Julie's hand was shaking.

“And even if you did, my students would simply open fire on everyone. So why don't you just lay down your weapon? That way, you wouldn't be hurt.”

Julie thought for a brief moment. She needed to buy some time.

“Wait! Are you trying to find a way to spare me?” she suddenly exclaimed.

Emery rolled her eyes, as if she wasn't threatened with a gun. “Oh Goodness please! Not again!”

“I knew it! You do care!”

“Presa. Just knock her out with the butt of your rifle, please. All these positive feelings make me want to hurl.”

However, the blonde didn't step forward. A new development was preventing her from doing it.

Emery rolled her eyes a second time. “What now?!” she complained.

“Hana! Finally! I've found you!”

Macha was here.

However, she wasn't alone.

Behind her, there was a pack of women. Some were redheads, the others had black hair, and roughly a third of them shared a family resemblance with Macha. Several were carrying bottles, and a few of them seemed already drunk.

“Uh... What is happening here?” Macha added. She looked at Aster and her friends who were lined up, at the paralyzed members of Rue's team lying on the ground, at Emery's team, at Emery herself who was on the ground next to her wheelchair, at Julie who quickly hid her gun and got away from Emery, at Amy, Karin and Amara who were bound and gagged.

There was a long moment of awkward silence.

Aster was the first to speak.

“Who are all these people...?” she asked.

“My mom, and my aunts, and my cousins. And also my mom's friends. And my aunts' friends. And my cousins' frien...”

“We get it!” Emery interrupted her.

“And can you tell us why you are here?” Klenia asked.

“We've taken the first train we could! We've come to the big city to PARTYYYY!” one of the redheads exclaimed. Most of the other women shouted their approbation.

One of them even became a little too enthusiastic and fired a shot in the air with a gun. “It was... It was a firecracker.” she then lied.

Macha rolled her eyes and looked apologetically at Hana. “Sorry... It was the only way to convince mom to let me come here...”

Emery rolled her eyes. “Goodness, Ares women... I forgot how loud they could be when travelling in pack...” However, she had noticed that among the pack of women, the sober ones had already slipped their hand under their jackets. And she knew it was not to grab a cellphone. The black-haired woman looked at her special combattants. “Presa, put me back on my wheelchair. We leave.”

“Are you sure?” Presa asked.

“An Ares party usually involves booze and guns. Lots of booze and lots of guns. And in case you didn't notice, they outnumber us. We can't fight on three fronts at the same time. Help me get on my chair, please.”

“Wait a minute!” Aster intervened. “What makes you think that we will let you go?”

“Perhaps because if you don't, we'll try to shoot as many people as we can before going down.” Emery retorted. “Did you forget that we were all special combattants? That was the standard procedure in case we were facing capture.”

The members of Macha's extended family shared unsure looks. Aster's group did the same.

Aster decided to defuse the situation. It was better to let these four go rather than risk a slaughter.

“Fine, just get lost!" she said. "But Hieron will be warned. If you ever show up here again...”

“I have better things to do.” Emery interrupted her. "Just go live your perfect life with your friends until you choke in your own happiness."

Presa seated Emery on her wheelchair. Julie didn't try to stop them. She and Emery simply exchanged a brief look. Then Julie took a few steps back. The blonde pushed her boss' chair. Yuna and Cynthia secured their escape.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief after they were gone.

Macha's mother was a chubby woman with greying red hair, large hips, and who was slightly shorter than average. She approached Klenia.

“So, I suppose this is the ruffian who kept assaulting my daughter...”

Macha nervously shifted on her feet, clearly embarassed.

Klenia smiled nervously. “No hard feelings, I hope?”

The mother smiled. “Of course not. In fact, we will invite you to our party. To let bygones be bygones.”

Klenia noticed Aster frantically shaking her head to dissuade her from accepting. Huge red flag.

“What kind of party?” she warily asked.

“One that involves a lot of glue, and feathers.” Macha's mother answered without losing her smile. Her eyes were as cold as Emery's.

“And then we'll make her dance!” another woman added.

Klenia paled and gulped. “I'm a terrible dancer...” she said.

“They usually get better when we shoot next to their feet.” an aunt said.

“Oh! Oh! And then, we can throw her into the river!” one of Macha's cousins intervened.

“You will have to excuse their enthusiasm.” Macha's mother concluded. “Our latest manhunt was unsuccessful. We're looking for some fun.”

“You know that the police in probably on their way after all that happened and all the noise we made, right?” Aster intervened.

There was a collective groan of annoyance.

“Party ruiners...” one of Macha's aunts complained.

Still, they gave up on their project.

“Remind me to never mug Macha again.” Klenia whispered in Shayna's ear.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Wow, that's an impressively long and detailed chapter. Not a lot of uniform steals (at least in the traditional sense - several pre-stolen uniforms exchange users) but still quite engaging.

I love how everything finally comes together. Over two dozen characters to contend with, yet they all get their moments to shine and have their part in the story. And the dialogue remains engaging even in the more serious and dramatic scenes. It flows well and carries the action suspensefully.

Poor Kjelle - humiliated once again. Certainly one of the unluckier villainesses in the series. (Helen and Coral are also pretty unlucky, though at least they were stashed in a recycling bin instead of a trash dumpster this time.)

Once again, Lizéa, Tiffany, and Yuki steal the show. I love their contrasting personalities, and their little character moments such as the conversation about how they plan to spend the money. Their banter provides some welcome humor in a rather serious chapter. They hardly even feel like evil villains, which is a mark of how impressive the writing is.

The highlight of this chapter, though, was the scene with the three guards tied up in the back of the van. Not merely because of the writing (such as the line about changing socks), but because something about the guards seems... familiar... Not sure what, though... ;)
rufusluciusivan

A very long chapter indeed. Since it's darker than usual (what with the talks of potential child-murder, Reka's injury, Emery's return...) and features plenty of characters, this part was a challenge to write, so I'm glad it came out okay. I was especially apprehensive of Emery's return, given how polarizing she's become, so I'm glad the end result was enjoyable. Had I been able to include more uniform stealings, I would have posted the second part (starting with the confrontation with what happens inside the flower shop) later. (And enjoy double the comments. Ha ha! :lol: ) However, outside of the three guards mugged by Emery's team, this was a part with only action sequences and succeeding twists, so I chose to post everything in one go.

Speaking of these three guards, I'm happy you liked this little homage. I'm calling it, there is a Multiverse with parallel dimensions at work here! ;) First Hunger Games, and now them... (And that's not counting other characters from various medias that came to say hi - for the anecdote for instance, Tiffany, Aeris and Yuki are (physically) carbon-copies of the three characters of Final Fantasy 7; and with all the time-travelling and parallel worlds shaenigans they face in their own game, it shouldn't be a surprise to see Lucina, Selena/Severa, Kjelle or Cynthia from Fire Emblem Awakening.)
More seriously, as (very probably) my last big story using this setting and these characters, there was bound (ha ha... bound... :lol: ) to be at least one homage. The toughest part was actually finding similar names and rummaging through the old stories fo find back their descriptions...

Kjelle is humiliated again. I've checked back and I noticed that her only successes were against people who couldn't fight back or who were weaker than her. So I guess being utterly humiliated in a fight was a fitting punishment for a bully such as her. Coral's and Helen's biggest misfortune was to be featured so little outside of their little moment in the limelight here, perhaps my main regret with the antagonists of this story.

Lizéa and her team indeed ended up a lot more sympathetic than I intended first. (Hence why I made Aster remind them that they were willingly working with a murderer.) Though I guess this is a natural consequence when giving understandable motived and backstories to the bad guys, and I ended up going along with the flow. Ultimately, they aren't on the same level of evilness as the other antagonists, more some kind of rival team, though they are still villains.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

what a horrible person is Reka... :o

...and Zoé is delightful even when she is biting people's ears like a rabid cub- :lol:

and finally... Macha must be mugged of her clothes by Shayna and Klenia, like a final gift from her friends :D
rufusluciusivan

Well, Reka is supposed to be a criminal who willingly took part in, among other things, human trafficking, and is therefore responsible of sending people to a fate maybe worst than death. Even though she has some redeeming features, the point of this part was to illustrate that she's still not a good person. (Zoé bit her arm, not her ear. ;) ). As for the last request, it won't happen: it wouldn't be in-character for Klenia and Shayna to mug Macha for no reason. They don't mug friends, unless their friends want to. (And would you want to incur the wrath of an angry mother now that she knows where you live? :lol: )
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Look alive hot shots, this is where Gambits been leading..........Sorry I've always wanted to say that, right on with the review. :)

Animosity and some conflict here right at the beginning, I wonder if this will hinder the group, I can't wait to find out, also nicely done with Aeris's inner thoughts and wondering just why it was her that ended up in this situation. :)

So Mikani is wrestling some inner demons eh, this is shaping up nicely. To be honest that entire scene with Mikani and Aeris was very well written and provided some very welcome background of Aeris herself, this is great. :)

Always nice to see Shayna bringing in the muscle, so the groups are starting to set sights on each other it seems, plus Yuki still stand as one of my favourite characters and I'm not just saying this because of her monologue of what she wishes to do when this over, but she is just a genuinely likable character.

Ouch, it seems Klenia held absolutely nothing back when it came to taking the fight Coral did she, still that's what harbored grudges do and I enjoy it. :D

The following scene with Coral and Helen got a smile out of me, the tables can turn so very quickly on virtually anyone in all your storied universes and that's why I love them. :)

Using Yuki's entire body as a disguise and not just her clothes is an awesome little touch. Well that's another group with Lizea, Tiffany and Yuki down, there can be only one group of top dog USB women and I'm interested to know just who comes out on top at the end of this. :D ..........Although I may of spoke too soon, it seems we can't count them out just yet.

Wow, it seems like Amy is one of the more unlucky one's in this ARC and I'm not just talking about her current situation either. :shock: ;)

Reka is certainly showing off her dark side here, wow the interactions which followed afterwards with the rest of your characters is just non stop adrenaline suspense, damn these groups are really giving it everything they've got. :)

Seeing Karin and Amara lying unconscious when moments ago Klenia was getting ready to beat them down, certainly shows that when the cards on the table, your characters must win by any means necessary. Also I'm pleased that Kjelle got what was coming to her not long afterwards. :)

I tip my hat to you, heck a standoff with Reka, Aster, Klenia, Mikani and Shayn, this was definitely a highlight of this chapter, it was extremely well crafted as if everything was leading to that moment, extremely well done. :D

The scene afterwards with Bridget was certainly a surprising scene, but an enjoyable one all the same. :) For a second there I thought that this was the last time we were seeing Rue, but thankfully I see Emery didn't want to waste a bullet. :)

I'm happy that Zoe, Macha, Aster and Klenia and of course the others are getting a happy ending, nothing like a nice good old family get together. :)

Well this final chapter in the Gambit ARC was an absolute joy to read, you wrote all your characters perfectly, both the good ones and the bad ones. I had a blast reading through this and I really must say, you truly know how to write a gripping and thrilling adventure with a wide variety of interesting and at times relatable characters and all the USB scenes themselves are the just cherries on top. Fantastic work. :D :D
rufusluciusivan

Another part. I know the climax is over, but I couldn't resist adding this last little adventure to wrap some things up. Hope you'll enjoy this little call-back to earlier adventures. Only the epilogue remains now. ;)

Though before the last part of the story, I'll take the time to answer Trackman's (long ;) ) comment.

Indeed, tables are turned quickly in this part and the characters (including the heroines) pull nothing back when it comes to the fights (as Coral, Helen, Amara and Karin can attest). I especially liked the fight between Klenia, Shayna, Venia, Coral, and Helen. Rather brutal. A way to show, as you said, that the characters are all giving everything they have. Aeris and Yuki are probably the most sympathetic of the antagonists, so I enjoyed giving them a little moment in the limelight. Same for Mikani during her scene with Aeris.

Amy is indeed very unlucky, but I think she also deserves some bad karma. Same for Kjelle. :lol:

I'm happy you liked the standoff between Reka and the four main heroines. It was a tricky part to write, as I wanted it to be suspenseful but not too long either, as it's not Uniform Stealing-related.

Brigid's scene was a way to incorporate a Uniform Stealing scene in the second half of the climax, which is only action and twists.

Yes indeed, the main characters are slowly but finally getting their happy ending.

And now the next part of the story:

Macha's extended family went partying – Aster would have said 'rampaging' – in another part of the town without waiting for the arrival of the police. Given the fact that each one of them was carrying at least one weapon, it wasn't a surprise. Only Macha herself stayed to remain by Hana's side.

The rest of the night was very busy.

First, they had to gather all the bound-and-gagged women that were scattered across the area. In the process, they were forced to search several dumpsters and various trash cans.

Then they had to sort out who was part of Reka's team and who was part of the Special Forces team. Given the fact that most of them were in their underwear, the task proved to be slightly harder than expected. However, luckily, they knew the faces of the members of Reka's and Lizéa's gangs.

Once they were done, two groups of bound-and-gagged women were lined up on two different areas of the ground in front of the flower shop. They were moaning and grunting in their gags. Most of them had woken up.

“Oh, quit complaining!” Clover exclaimed. “We could have piled you up!” She rolled her eyes. “Some people can be so ungrateful...”

Posy chuckled. “I'm appreciating this role more and more... I wish there were more bad girls to knock around and truss up!”

Amber smiled and added: “It sure is better than being the one who's mugged for disguise...”

They were now waiting for the police.

Hieron had also been warned. He should arrive soon to clean everything up.

Mikani was sitting on the ground. Zoé was sitting next to her, holding her hand. Both were remaining silent. The child was still shocked by the entire ordeal.

They were watching the others bustle around them.

“You called me your daughter.” Zoé suddenly said. It was the first time she spoke since they saved her from Reka.

Mikani realized that, after what happened tonight, she could never give the child to the social services.

“Yes.” She looked at the girl. “I hope you don't mind it. I know that I am not your real mother...”

“My family was...” Zoé shook her head. “I'm the last one.” she answered in a flat voice. She then looked at her and added: “Jewel never called me her daughter.”

“If you want, you can stay with us – with Aster, Klenia, Shayna, and I. Do you want it?”

Zoé nodded in silence.

Mikani saw in her eyes that the child wanted something more however. She opened her arms.

Zoé jumped her and tightly wrapped her arms around Mikani's waist. Mikani hugged her. Both were crying.

"My daughter..." the black-haired woman repeated. "I'm here for you... I'll always be here for you..."

Venia was looking at Reka's motionless body. She wanted to confront the criminal. Reka was part of the henchwomen who captured her and put her in the ship to Frontier.

Shayna was with her sister, to support her.

The tall black-haired woman was lying on the back in silence. She was looking at the moon. Max Shroud was sitting next to her, staring off into space.

“You deserved worst.” Venia said to the woman. “Do you know how many of the people Calypso, Sao, and you sold were killed? The ones who ended up as slaves in Frontier were actually the lucky ones! I wish your wound would hurt you!”

Reka ignored her.

Venia angerly clenched her fists.

“Why you... Say something, you b...”

Shayna put a hand on her sister's shoulder.

“She's not worth it, sis.”

Venia hesitated, but then nodded. “You're right. She's been punished. She'll spend all her life on a wheelchair while I'm free. She'll never fight or hurt anyone again.”

She left with her sister.

Reka remained silent.

Julie didn't know where to put herself. Since she did save them from Emery, the others all warmly accepted her. However, she didn't know anyone.

The intern, Mikani, and Klenia were exchanging awkward glances. Indeed, Julie was still remembering how the two women trussed her up.

“You do realize that you could have saved yourselves a lot of trouble if you had listened to me to the end instead of jumping me and stealing my clothes?” she commented.

“Yeah... Sorry about that...” Mikani answered, while still holding Zoé's hand.

“It's what we do... It has become a reflex...” Klenia added.

Julie sighed.

There was a moment of silence.

“So... Are we cool now?” Klenia finally asked.

“I guess so...” Julie commented. “Just never call me.”

“First Macha, now you. Why do all the people I meet say that?” Klenia wondered out loud.

Macha was sitting next to Hana. “I shouldn't have let you go alone... I know that Mikani is your friend, but they put you in danger...”

“Macha, please, stop. It was my decision. You can't blame them for it.” Hana interrupted her.

“What do you have against them anyway?” Zia asked her.

“Well, they did mug me and Hana several times for our clothes.” the redhead explained.

Zia raised an eyebrow. “So? Is that a problem?”

Macha incredulously looked at her. “What, you mean that they mugged you too?”

“Yes.”

“And you still befriended them?”

“Yes.”

Macha shook her head. “We live in a weird world...”

Hieron arrived with the police. When they saw him, Aster and her friends knew that the nightmare was over.

The police brought several vans to transport all the trussed up women. The agents were efficient. It didn't take them long to load all the prisoners. An ambulance took care of Reka.

“Cavalry's late, as always.” Aster commented to Hieron when the latter approached them.

The black man raised his hands. “It's not my fault you warned me so late!”

“Excuse us for not anticipating that we would get attacked the same day we learnt about Reka's escape!” Aster retorted.

“Also, by the way, good job for warning us about this little detail...” Klenia ironically added.

Hieron looked at them apologetically. “Cérès was witholding informations. And I suspect that her men were also doing everything in their power to delay us tonight...”

“Speaking of which. What about Cérès?” Aster asked.

Hieron grimaced.

“News are travelling fast. Too fast...”

“Spill the bean!” Klenia interrupted him.

“She has left the capital city. She has gone to her personal villa in the south.”

“What's the problem? Just arrest her there.”

“The building is on Okéanis soil.” Hieron added. “It's been built near Matilda. The Okéanis government granted her political asylum. We can't extradite her.”

Hieron left them to supervise the prisoner transfer.

“It makes me sick!” Klenia complained. “After all she did, she's going to get away scot-free?”

Shayna was putting a comforting hand on her shoulder, but she was just as angry as her.

Mikani was even more furious. She had left Zoé under Clover's and Posy's care to discuss with Klenia, Aster, and Shayna.

“She can't be reached legally.” Aster commented. She was the only one who was staying calm.

“I know that! And it disgusts me!” Klenia answered.

“She can't be reached legally.” Aster repeated, putting emphasis on the last word.

Klenia, Mikani, and Shayna exchanged a glance with each other.

They saw where she was going.

“One last infiltration, before we settle down?” Mikani asked.

Klenia was looking hopeful.

“Let's do it together. The four of us.” Aster answered. “It's time to teach Cérès a lesson.”

“For real?”

Aster nodded. “For real.”

Klenia beamed.

“We will need a mission control...” Mikani added.

“I'll ask Thorn. He'll probably be glad to give us a hand. Just like the good old times...”

“What are we waiting for?!” Klenia exclaimed.

******* Some time later... *******

The chauffeur was rather young, in her late twenties. She was rather pretty, with her chestnut eyes, her loose black hair down to the shoulders, and her olive skin. She was from Korê.

She was wearing a chauffeur uniform: white shirt, black jacket, small tie, black pants and black cap. Currently, she was polishing the bodywork of her black limo with a damp cloth.

Unbeknown to her however, she was being watched.

“Are you sure it's the right car?” Mikani asked.

“Do you see many other limos?” Aster asked back. “Don't worry. Thorn and I planned this carefully. Thalès and Hieron gave us all the informations we needed.”

“But what if it's not the right car?” Mikani insisted.

“It's the right one. Now, prepare yourself. Klenia and Shayna will arrive with the van.”

As soon as she finished her sentence, the sound of an engine resonated in the parking. It was a large grey van.

The chauffeur didn't pay attention to the van, even though it parked in one of the vacant parking spots in front of her position.

Aster decided that it was time to act. She quickly grabbed her cellphone. “Thorn. How's the situation?”

“You're on time. They haven't left the building yet.”

“I'll start the operation. Warn me if they leave the building too soon.”

“Got it.”

Aster closed the cellphone. She was feeling the same thrill that her missions for the Rebellion used to make her feel...

“Mikani, it's up to us. Be quick.”

The operation was carefully timed.

Some members of the government chose to send in secret a negociator and her bodyguard to try to convince Cérès to return to the Federation in exchange of a remission of sentence. Apparently, some of the big shots were fearing the revelations Cérès could make. They didn't want their dirty laundry to be exposed. Unfortunately for them, Hieron learned about their plan.

Thanks to Thalès' and Hieron's intel, Aster knew the exact time of rendez-vous between the chauffeur and the emissary.

“Put your hood on!”

Aster and Mikani took the black hoods they had hidden in their handbags. The two women had already attached their hair, but they didn't want to take any unnecessary risks of being recognized later.

Aster looked around her one last time, to make sure that the underground parking was still empty. It was.

Mikani and she put their hoods on and quickly approached their unsuspecting prey.

The black-haired chauffeur was too wrapped up in her work to notice the danger in time.

Aster and Mikani grabbed her. The woman's brown eyes widened.

“What the?” she exclaimed.

Aster handgagged her with one hand and, with the other, she threatened her with the small flick knife she was hiding in the pocket of her jacket.

“Not a noise!” she ordered, sounding as intimidating as she could.

The chauffeur let out a muffled shriek of fear when she saw the blade. At the same time, the doors of the van opened.

“Move!”

Mikani pushed the woman to the vehicle.

The chauffeur didn't try to resist. She was too surprised, too afraid.

Klenia was waiting there and grabbed the driver's shoulders. The unlucky woman disappeared inside the van. Mikani stepped inside the back of the van and closed the door. The abduction only took them a minute. Aster quickly put back her hood in her handbag and leaned on the vehicle.

The van rocked back and forth a few times, and she heard a few grunts and muffled screams.

Then the silence. Someone knocked on the back door. Three knocks. The signal.

Aster opened the doors and stepped inside the van. At the same time, Shayna stepped outside and took her place, leaning on the van to watch the area.

“It brings back so many memories...” Klenia commented.

Aster nodded in silence. The only difference was that Aaria was with them back then... Her eyes were suddenly a little moist, though she chose to not share her feelings with her two friends.

Inside the van, the driver was lying on the floor, out cold. Her black hair were somewhat messy now.

With a syringe, Mikani was carefully injecting her a dose of Agent Moonlight – the drug would make her sleep a good chunk of hours –.

Aster observed the unconscious woman, quickly estimating her corpulence. She was nearly Mikani's size, as she was slightly shorter than average.

“Okay, girls. Strip her.”

Klenia eagerly complied, with Mikani's help. They were fast and diligent. The jacket and shirt were removed, then the shoes and pants. Soon, the black-haired driver was down to her underwear, a starlight caramel side suppport bra with matching hip-hugging panties, and light grey socks. Sleeping peacefully from the effects of the drug, she wasn't able to complain about her current state, lying on the floor in her most intimate garments.

“Mikani. This set of clothes is for you.”

While Mikani was donning her new uniform, Klenia and Aster started to bind the unconscious driver.

They tied up her wrists behind her back with plastic cuffs. They used another plastic cuff to bind her ankles. Then they wrapped several lengths of tape around her wrists, ankles, elbows and upper thighs, just to be sure. Finally, as a gag, they filled her mouth with a few handkerchiefs and sealed it with a few strips of tape. A sleeping mask was used as a blindfold.

Mikani put on the driver cap, then smoothed her jacket and pants. The uniform was a rather nice fit. It was the advantage with those standardized uniforms was that they were made with rather elastic fabric, conceived to adapt to several sizes under and below their official size.

Shayna didn't knock on the door of the van. So it meant that the coast was clear.

Mikani quickly left the vehicle to take the driver's place.

Aster and Klenia remained inside the vehicle, with the prisoner.

A few minutes later, two women arrived in the parking.

Aster was watching through the tainted window of the back door of the van. Her eyes widened when she recognized one of the newcomers.

“Zoë!” she exclaimed.

“Zoé?” Klenia asked. “What's the kid doing here? I thought she was with Clover and Posy...”

“Not our Zoé. Zoë. With an 'ë'. As in Zoë Eudokia.”

“What's she doing here?”

“I don't know. I guess we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Her family must be up to something, if they schemed to have her be the negociator of the government sent to engage in dialogue with Cérès...”

Klenia shrugged. “Too bad for them, we have our own project.”

They watched Zoë and another woman, probably a bodyguard, briefly salute Mikani. The red-haired heiress even gave her a tip.

Aster realized that they were lucky: had she or Klenia been the ones playing the part of the chauffeur, Zoë would most likely have recognized them. However, she didn't know Mikani, as the latter didn't take part in her mugging.

Zoë and her bodyguard entered the limo.

Good.

While Mikani was starting the engine of the limo, Shayna sat behind the wheel of their van. She was going to follow the limo.

“You know, I think things are becoming very confusing... There are too many Zoés in our lives.” Klenia couldn't help but comment.

“Constantin's mother was called Zoé – or Zoë depending on the translations of the texts. It's the most popular girl name in Olympus.”

The back of the limo consisted of two rows of seats facing each other. A partition was separating the passenger seats from the driver's seat. In order to communicate with the chauffeur, they had to use an intercom.

Zoë's bodyguard, started to speak:

“You know, when your mother told us that we were going to take the place of the two emissaries sent to meet up with Cérès, I didn't think she meant that she would use her influence to have us sent in their place. I thought she meant that we would steal their identities and their clothes.”

Zoë Eudokia, youngest child of House Eudokia, rolled her eyes. She was glad that her chauffeur didn't hear this awkward statement.

“Ever since you were tied up by these two criminals Sao and Reka, you have developped some weird fetish, Nora...” she commented.

Nora, her bodyguard, was a woman with brown hair, green eyes and a tanned skin. Her hair were tied into a tight bun. She was wearing black shoes, black pants, and a black jacket over a crimson red button shirt.

“I'm just saying...” she justified herself.

“I'm not in the mood to talk about uniform stealings right now, Nora.” Zoë said to end the conversation.

Indeed, the copper-red-haired woman was in a bad mood.

Irene Eudokia, her mother, schemed to have her take the place of the official sent by some members of the government to negociate with Cérès. The big shots were fearing the revelations their disgraced colleague could make, and were hoping to convince her to return to the Federation in exchange of a remission of sentence. Of course, Irene had ulterior motives. She was hoping to strike an alliance with Cérès. She wanted to convince her to reveal all the dirty laundry of her former allies, which would therefore strengthen the power of House Eudokia.

Zoë herself disapproved her mother's choice. She couldn't stand Cérès, who was the instigator of her father's murder. The mere idea of associating with her, even as part of an insincere alliance to make other heads of the government fall, was unbearable for her.

However, she didn't have a choice. The head of her House had spoken, and she had no other choice but obey.

Absent-mindedly, Zoë smoothened her light grey knee-long pencil skirt and her matching light grey business jacket. There were white stripes in her jacket and pants. She was also wearing a crisp white button shirt, light brown pantyhose, and black low-heels. Her copper red hair were tied into a loose neck bun.

“Still, I find her choice of words very confusing...” Nora insisted.

“Goodness... This journey will be long...”

Shayna was following the limo from afar. In the back of the van, Aster and Klenia were studying a map of the region. Her cellphone at hand, she was giving instructions to Mikani. Thanks to the partition between the back and the front of the limo, the passengers couldn't hear what their (fake) chauffeur was saying as long as the intercom was off.

Next to them, the bound-and-gagged (real) chauffeur had woken up. However, because of her blindfold, Aster and Klenia were confident that she couldn't recognize them. They ignored her muffled attempts to be heard.

“This is where we will lead the limo to proceed to the exchange.” Aster said, while pointing at a location on the map.

“Nicely isolated.” Klenia commented. “You two did a great job at planning this!” Of course, she wasn't going to use Aster's and Thorn's names when the chauffeur could hear her. “It really brings me back in the past...”

“We sure were good at this gig.” Aster admitted.

“You're sure you don't want to keep doing it?”

Aster shook her head. “There wouldn't be a point. The civil war is over, and once Cérès is arrested, there will be no threat to us anymore. And things will never be the same as they were back then. Not without Aaria and Dimitri..."

"I understand. For you, it's not the same without them."

"Yes..." Aster admitted. "Besides, if Mikani is going to settle with a kid and if we're going to help her, we won't have anymore the time to travel up and down, mugging people here and there for their clothes.”

Aster looked again at her map.

“We're getting closer.” She grabbed her cellphone. “Mikani, get ready!”

“Why are we stopping here? We're in the middle of nowhere.” Zoë said in the intercom.

“A problem with the engine, ma'am.” the chauffeur said to her through the vehicle's intercom. “It shouldn't take long.”

“Great...” Zoë commented to herself.

“I'll help her.” Nora said.

Her bodyguard exited the limo.

Zoë waited.

Then she heard the sound of a punch and an “Ouch!”. It was the voice of her bodyguard.

She groaned and rolled her eyes. Really? So easily?

A woman entered the vehicle and sat in front of Zoë. The latter immediately recognized the newcomer.

“Aster Demeter!”

There was an awkward moment of silence.

Aster scratched her head. “Oh... You still remember me...”

“Of course! How could I forget?” Indeed, she was the woman who left Zoë bound and gagged in her underwear when the latter foolishly tried to kill her in the resort, while Aster was trying to capture Calypso Callianass. “And what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?” the copper-red-haired woman added.

“There's nothing personal. I'm on a mission.”

Of course. For what other reason would she hijack my limo?

“A mission? I see...” Zoë said out loud. “How many people have you already mugged?”

“What makes you think we've already mugged people?” Aster asked back.

Zoé gave her a meaningful look.

“One, for now.” Aster finally admitted. “Your chauffeur.”

The copper-red-haired woman sighed. “I take it that my bodyguard and I are supposed to be victim number 2 and victim number 3.”

“Well... Yes.” Aster bluntly admitted.

“I see.”

“You're not going to try to resist?”

Zoë bit her lips. “I guess I do owe you my life. You could have killed me when I tried to kill you at the resort, but you didn't. I am in debt to you. And you're not the ones who was giving the orders during the assassination of my father. Cérès was.”

Aster hesitated. “So... Are we cool now?”

“In a way.”

“Well, I hope that the fact that I'm about to steal your clothes won't ...”

“Are you going to teach Cérès a lesson?” Zoë asked, interrupting her. “I mean, there's only one reason why you would try to hijack my limo...”

“Yes.”

“Then you are forgiven.”

They left Zoë and her bodyguard in the back of the van, alongside with the mugged chauffeur. Both were stripped down to their underwear: a purple bra with a lacy floral pattern and matching panties for Zoë; black melange sports bra, light grey boyshorts, and red socks for Nora.

They bound the two women with plastic handcuffs and tape, and gagged them with tape. Like with the chauffeur, they used sleep masks as blindfolds.

Zoë didn't complain when they trussed her up. She didn't want to be suspected of having helped them. Her bodyguard, on the other hand, couldn't complain. She was still out cold.

They closed the backdoor of the van.

Aster was now wearing Zoë's black low-heels, light brown pantyhose, crisp white button shirt, and light grey pencil skirt and jacket with white stripes.

Unfortunately for Klenia, the bodyguard's clothes were a better fit for Shayna. Therefore, it was the blonde who put on Nora's black shoes, pants and jacket, and crimson red button shirt.

Mikani, still disguised as a chauffeur, returned behind the wheel of the limo.

“By the way... Where do I hide?” Klenia asked Aster and Shayna.

“You'll come with Shayna and I in the back of the limo. When we'll be about to reach the villa, we'll stop and put you in the trunk.”

Klenia's smile faded away.

Cérès' villa was an austere building. Plain grey façades with no embellishment.

However, around, there was a beautiful and well-maintained park, with bushes and trees. Indeed, Cérès lived during a good part of her life hidden in the Flora Forest. Therefore, maybe even unconsciously, she wanted to surround herself with plant life.

Piper and Annabeth were patrolling the estate.

After the incident at the Skiron manor, and even though it wasn't their fault, Drake Skiron refused to employ them anymore. Their only luck was that the private security company that was employing them accepted their explanation, and agreed that they didn't make a mistake. They couldn't be blamed for succumbing to the effects of sleeping darts. At least, they managed to keep their job – their only source of income.

The events of the Skiron manor also brought them closer as friends. Being mugged together sometimes did that to people...

Piper was a fit young woman in her mid-twenties, with light brown skin and eyes that were a mix of green, blue, and brown. While not muscular, she still had an athletic-looking body. Her slightly bushy brown hair were a little unkempt and shoulder long, with the exception of a long braid down one side with a blue bird feather in it. Annabeth was slightly taller and fitter than Piper, had blond hair and grey eyes, as well as a slight tan given the fact that she enjoyed going to the beach during her free time. Her hair were also a little messy and frilly, and were tied into a high ponytail.

Both women were wearing thick black boots, dark grey military-like pants, a dark grey shirt, a black tactical vest with a flashlight in one of the pockets as well as several gun magazines in others, and a black cap. They had a handgun in a holster. Strapped on their belt, there were also a few plastic zip-ties, a small can of pepper spray, a retractable nightstick, and a walkie talkie. A badge with their name was pinned on their vest.

Today was a boring day.

“By the way, Hazel called me this morning.” Piper said to her partner.

“How is she doing?”

“Fine. She's still working with Leo. But you'll never guess what she told me.”

“What?”

“One of her friend, a policewoman, told her about a strategy to counter uniform stealing tactics. She realized that most of the teams of infiltrators were all-female. So, she advocated for mixed patrols. Men and women.”

Annabeth's eyes widened. “That's... That's...” she started. “That's genius! Plain and simple! We should tell Cérès immediately and...” The blonde interrupted herself. “Oh, yes, that's right... I forgot... Cérès wants an all-female guard team.”

“The second our shift is over, we'll call our director.” Piper said. “We must tell him! We must spread this idea! It could revolutionize the fight against uniform stealers!”

“Piper, Annabeth!” a voice suddenly said in Piper's walkie talkie. It was Cérès' servant.

“Yes?”

“Cérès' guests are about to arrive. Go greet them.”

“Roger.”

Aster and Shayna were waiting in the back of the limo.

“So... I heard that things are becoming serious between Klenia and you... A marriage, eh?”

Shayna blushed and smiled lightly. “Yes...”

Aster chuckled. “I'd never have thought that she would settle one day...”

"The heart has its reasons that the reason ignores."

Mikani parked the limo outside the property, as they weren't allowed to park inside the walls. Two guards were waiting for them. One had bushy brown hair, the other had blond hair. According to the badges on their uniforms, the first woman was called 'Piper' and the second, 'Annabeth'.

“You're the guests Cérès is awaiting?” Piper asked while opening the door of the vehicle.

“Well, do you see another limo?” Aster asked back, adopting the attitude of a snobby politician.

The two guards exchanged a quick glance.

“Of course not...” the brown-haired guard answered.

She and her partner were very good at hiding their resentment and scorn.

Since the two guards couldn't see their hands, Aster and Shayna took their sprays of sleeping gas they were hiding in Aster's handbag. They left the vehicle.

Piper and Annabeth moved to give them more space.

“Cérès is waiting for you. Please follow us.” the blond-haired guard said.

“Thank you. Also, by the way...” Aster started to say.

“Yes?”

She and Shayna sprayed the two guards with a generous dose of sleeping gas.

“Gah!”

“Ah!”

Piper and Annabeth gasped, coughed, fell on their knees, failed to grab their walkie-talkies, and blacked out. They landed face down on the ground with a 'thud'.

“Sorry about that.” Aster said.

Shayna opened the trunk of the limo.

“Finally!” Klenia exclaimed.

Her future wife helped her exit the trunk.

Klenia stretched her back, then looked at the two unconscious guards. The blond-haired woman was already snoring.

“So, it's finally my turn?”

“Try to temper your enthusiasm. We have nothing against these two.” Aster commented.

Klenia winked. “Don't worry, I'll be nice when tucking them in...”

“Shayna will take the blonde's place. You will take the brunette's clothes.” Aster added.

Shayna was smiling.

“Love, I think you look way too smug...” Klenia commented.

“I've mugged one more woman than you during this mission.” the blonde lightly teased her.

Klenia pretended to be hit in the heart. “Low blow!” she joked.

She and Shayna then stripped Piper and Annabeth.

They started with the lower part of the uniforms. They unlaced and removed the boots, unbuckled the belts, and slid down the pants. Then they continued with the top part of the uniform: unzipping and removing the tactical jackets, and took off the shirts while lifting the women's upper bodies and arms. They also stole the thin white tank tops that the two guards were wearing under their uniform shirts.

The brunette was wearing apple blossom green briefs with white edges and a spring green padded bra with little lace trimmings; while the blonde was clad in cobalt blue cheeky panties and a cyan triangle bra with white lacy edges. Both were wearing black socks, which were probably part of their uniforms, but they weren't stolen as their muggers didn't need them.

Since they didn't want to lose time, Shayna and Klenia used the plastic zip-ties strapped on the two guards' belts to bind their wrists and ankles. Just to be sure, they wrapped a few layers of thick grey tape around the two women's legs, hands, and shoulders. Piper and Annabeth were also silenced with a few other layers of tape wrapped around their lower faces, and blindfolded with sleep-masks.

The two slumbering guards, now trussed up and divested of their clothes, were finally seated in the back of the limo.

“Enjoy the comfy fancy seats...” Klenia said to the two women with a wink.

She closed the door. The tainted windows of the vehicle would conceal the presence of the two captives.

While Aster and Mikani were watching the surroundings, Shayna and Klenia disguised themselves.

“Let's go!” Aster said once they were done. “Klenia, Shayna, you'll pretend to be our escort.”

She quickly sent a text to Thorn. 'We're entering the estate.'

There didn't seem to be many guards patrolling the estate. Apparently, Piper and Annabeth were the only ones in charge of the southern part of the park. Two other guards were dealing with the western part, two with the northern part and two with the eastern part.

Therefore, nobody was there to stand in the four friends' way. They entered the main building.

The inside of the villa was as austere as its façades. No decoration, no painting.

And, most importantly, no mirror.

Only potted plants.

There were no guards however. All of them were probably outside.

“How the mighty have fallen...” Mikani commented. “To think that Cérès used to manage a nation's budget... And now that her assets have been frozen, she barely has enough money to afford a meager security team...”

On their way to Cérès' office, they came across a servant. The maid was wearing a dark blue uniform: knee-long dress with short sleeves. The collar of the dress and the edges of its sleeves were white. There was also a white apron covering her lower body. She was wearing black shoes and black stockings. She had a fair skin, auburn hair and chestnut eyes. She was slighly shorter than average, but with generous curves.

Aster eyed the woman as she was passing. Once she was out of earshot, she whispered: “Mikani... You know what to do...”

The shorter woman nodded. “I'll also try to find something we can use to... carry our target.”

“Meet us at Cérès' office.”

The auburn-haired maid was oblivious to the fact that someone was silently following her.

She entered a storage room, in which cleaning products, among other things, were stored. Mikani entered behind her.

She quickly ran to the servant and put her in a sleeper-hold, wrapping her arm around her throat and carotid arteries. Her victim tried to scream for help, but to no avail. She couldn't make a peep due to the chokehold.

“Ghh! Ghhh!”

Mikani contained the struggling auburn-haired woman until she passed out.

“Easy now...” she commented.

The black-haired woman laid the unconscious servant on the floor.

She wasted no time and injected her with a small dose of sleeping drug. Then she swiftly stripped her. Mikani started by removing the shoes and the stockings, first lifting the right leg, and then the left, to slide the garments. Then she unknotted the white apron. Finally, she removed the dark blue servant dress.

The auburn-haired maid was left wearing only a cerise support bra and comfortable cream white high waist panties.

Mikani grabbed a roll of brown tape that was on a shelf next to some cleaning producs. She wrapped the servant's wrists, her legs, her thighs and her shoulders. After finishing the first roll, the black-haired woman used another to tape-gag and blindfold her victim. Mikani then dragged the auburn-haired woman in a corner of the room, seated her against the wall, and wrapped more tape around her body to ball-tie her. Since the maid's body was flexible, she wouldn't have too much cramps.

Mikani took off her chauffeur uniform and hid it under a shelf. Then she disguised herself with the dark blue servant dress, white apron, and black stockings and shoes.

While Mikani was donning her new uniform, the unconscious servant stirred and woke up.

“Mhhh?! Mhhhh!”

“It's no use.” Mikani gently told her. “Just be patient. As soon as we're at the other side of the border, we'll call here to warn the guards about you. It's a matter of one hour or two at most.”

“MHHHH!”

Mikani sighed. Should have given her a bigger dose...

Mikani searched the room and found a big wheeled suitcase. Big enough to carry a woman. Perfect!

The black-haired woman grabbed the suitcase and left the storage room, turning off the light and locking the door behind her. She ignored the servant's muffled calls for help.

Aster, Klenia, and Shayna were actually waiting for her in front of the door leading to Cérès' office.

Mikani raised an interrogative eyebrow.

“We will do it together. The four of us.” Aster answered to her silent question.

Mikani was moved by the attention. “Thanks...”

“So, everyone is ready?” Aster asked.

“Yes.” the three other women answered.

“Then let's do it.”

They opened the door.

“I was wondering when you'd be coming...”

Cérès was sitting behind her desk, facing them. She had a glass of alcohol in her hand.

On the desk, there was one photo. It was showing Cérès, back when she was still the leader of her resistance network in the Flora Forest. Behind her, there were a bunch of guerilla fighters. At her right, Hieron, and at her left the late Kora, who was sadly lost during the civil war.

The disgraced politician glared daggers at them. “You ruined everything.” she spat.

“You ruined everything yourself when you tried to cover Reka's escape, hoping that she would kill us.” Aster retorted.

"You ruined everything when your threatened our friends and our family." Mikani added.

“We could have done so much together, had you just accepted to follow my instructions and play along in front of the medias.” Cérès shook her head and threw her glass on the floor. “I should have known better! I should have known to not put my hopes in a common thief, a moronic pervert, a pipsqueak from Smog, and a spineless wimp with no ambition!”

Klenia smiled coldly. “We're already very angry at you, Cérès. You shouldn't push our buttons...”

“You fools... This nation could be the greatest in all the World, but I'm the only one with the vision to see it...” Cérès barked at them.

Shayna rolled her eyes. “Superiority complex, much?”

“I made this country!" Cérès barked. "The Number One, the leader of the Rebellion, spent all his time hidden in our main base in Rift's mountains! Who do you think was out in the field to coordinate everything?! Who did make us win the civil war?! It was I! It's my work! I made this country!”

“You weren't alone.” Aster interrupted her.

“Excuse you?”

“You weren't alone. Hieron did as much as you.”

“And Kora died for the cause.” Klenia added.

“And so did Aaria. And Dimitri. And many others.” Aster continued.

“There were also Emery and all the special combattants.” Mikani intervened.

“And in the Province of Naïad, you didn't do anything. It was Morgan and his network.” Shayna said.

“Thalès was the one providing us with informations.” Klenia added.

“So stop pretending that you did everything. It was a teamwork.” Aster concluded.

“But enough chit-chat.” Klenia said. “There's a wheeled suitcase waiting for you. It might take a little folding for you to fit, but I'll be glad to help...” She cracked her knuckles.

Cérès scoffed disdainfully. “Just try.” She grabbed a handgun hidden in a drawer of her desk.

“Look out! She's got a gun!”

Aster didn't take the time to think.

She grabbed the metallic canister of sleeping gas she still had on her... and threw it at Cérès' forehead with all her strength.

“Ow!” The woman shouted in pain and dropped her gun.

Klenia and Shayna ran around the desk and grabbed Cérès' arms to immobilize her.

“Original use of a spray of sleeping gas.” Mikani commented with a smile. “A little eccentric though.”

Aster smiled back. “Perhaps, but it's effective...”
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”