Story 12: Final Gambits

tirepanted3

Re: Final Gambits

Post by tirepanted3 »

Ah yes, I remember that Lois Lane/ballerina scene. (One of the few times that Lois ever resorts to uniform stealing measures.) I believe it's one of the first comic book ever scenes I posted on this board.

I'd always welcome another story or two in this continuity. Though you're right, it's probably best if Aster, Klenia, and friends aren't the focus - it appears they've reached the end of their story. Good thing there are so many other characters to choose from, should you decide to revisit. :)
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

I'm actually really pleased you carried on this ARC of yours, it's definitely one of my favourites. :)

I am happy to see that it picks up a little bit later so we can see a bit of the aftermath of what transpired before and I'm pleased to see of what became of Ceres in the end of it all. :)

Another thing as well, I've always found the idea that characters do genuinely have ambitions and plans for when the missions come to an end, it adds a very welcomed layer of character development, which you seemed to have perfected here. :)

Aaahh I see Mary was recreating one of my favourite USB scenes of all time with the train attendant, fantastic work on that scene, I loved it. :D

Klenia and Shayna are one of my favourite couple from your storied universe, they just fit well and compliment each others strengths, it really is great to see and I think you've written them perfectly. :)

Nothing like a little bit of twin magic, the takedowns from Deborah and Abigail were nicely done, I've always had a soft spot for cocktail waitress so I'm pleased these were your uniforms of choice for the twins to steal, amazing work. :)

The scene afterwards with Judith and the unfortunate party guest was a nice scene too, it's almost like a what if scenario as in this what Cinderella might have done should the fairy god mother not have given her a dress to begin with. It was a very well written scene and I think you wrote extremely well. :D :D

As always I see you know my weakness and that's my love for Asian women, so featuring a few Asian women as members of an orchestra to be mugged by Cynthia, Yuna and Presa is an instant win for me. Thank you very much for this scene, it's definitely my favourite mugging of this chapter. :D

I can't remember the name of the manga but was the scene with the nurses Nicole and Stephanie based off it, I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it which doesn't help. It's still a fantastic scene, just curious because you got my memory working. :?: :)

I know I keep saying this, but honestly Klenia and Syahna really were the star of this show in all of this, watching their relationship blossom over the course of this ARC has been an absolute delight to read through and I think you've done a fantastic job with it, you've definitely got me hoping that we will see them again at some point. :D

Well here we are, I've just finished reading through the epilogue, amazing touch by the way showing us with what all the characters did after everything was all said and done.

This has been one of thee best stories ARC's I've ever read, you captured every moment perfectly and it has been an absolute thrill reading through every chapter, you made like both the good and the bad characters for different reasons. Please don't say goodbye to these characters for ever, all they need is some rest and relaxation and hopefully one day we will see them again even if it's just a small cameo appearance somewhere down the line. Your stories have been an inspiration for some of my scenes so I can not thank you enough, your one of my favourite writers on this board and I certainly can not wait to see what else you might cook up in the future. Many thanks for this truly awesome universe and brining it to life. :D :D :D :D
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Tirepanted: Indeed, that's the advantage of having such a huge roster of characters. ;)

Trackman: And I'm pleased to have been able to finish it... Showing the aftermath was important in my eyes. It was a way to tie up a few loose ends. Actually, I'm even a little sad for Cérès. She wasn't a good person, but she still did accomplish impressive things, and in the end she lost everything. Yes indeed, I wanted my characters to have ambitions and plans that don't necessarily involve uniform stealings. This has the advantage to flesh their personalities out more.

The train attendant scene (recreated by Mary) and the scene with the musicians from Get Backers (recreated by Yuna and Co) are two of my all-time favorite scenes ever. I also do have a love for Asian women, hence probably why anime and manga scenes are among my favorites. You are among friends here. :lol:

The manga you're looking for is called Sarai. The scene is in volume 11. Here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5470

Shayna and Klenia were indeed a ton of fun to write, and I was very happy to be able to give them their happy ending. Though I will confess that among the main heroines, my favorite is Mikani.

From the beginning of this last story, I knew I wanted to give a detailed epilogue to all the main characters, even though it wouldn't involve uniform stealings. You can say it's my way to say good bye to this series.

Your compliments do go right to my heart, and I'm happy to have been able to be a source of inspiration. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed following all these characters. As I said in a previous comment, I have a few ideas for two smaller projects, though I can't give a date. It can be real quick or take a lot of time... I also don't know how long they will be going.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

I had fallen behind in reading this wonderful story and just caught up. It is so great. I absolutely love the story.

The part with Piper and Annabeth is so terrific.

First off, it’s so cool that this is now the second time poor girls have been knocked out while on guard duty. Great touch. Piper and Annabeth might want to consider new careers. Unless perhaps on some level they get turned on by being knocked out and tied up by other women

And speaking of their careers, it was a fun comment about their employer not firing them because “they couldn't be blamed for succumbing to the effects of sleeping darts”

And the scenario is the perfect uniform steal story. The guards are tricked by the intruders’ disguises. They therefore don’t realize they are in danger and Aster and Shayna easily knock them out with the spray of sleeping gas.

I also love the description of them falling to their knees and then falling forward to the ground. And I love Aster’s “sorry about that” comment to the two unconscious woman.

The description of the stripping is wonderfully detailed. And I love them hiding the two unconscious women in the back of the limo.

And I love Mikani’s take out of the auburn haired maid. I love the description of the maid being “oblivious to the fact that someone was silently following her”. And then the image of Mikani sneaking silently into the storage room with the maid still not aware of the danger.

Then the sleeper hold and the great description of the poor maid not being able to call out for help.

I also love that Mikani injects the woman with a sleep drug but not enough since she wakes up before Mikani leaves. And Mikani thinking that she should have given the girl a bigger dose.

Just such a great couple scenes.
rufusluciusivan

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Piper and Annabeth were indeed characters I wanted to feature at least once more in my stories. I noticed that sprays of sleeping gas were also a rarity in my stories (I remember Shayna using one back in Part 4 of To Overthrow the Utopia; but I don't think there are many other instances - if any). Since I like these two USB victims, I took the time to detail a little the description of them being knocked out and their bindings afterwards. I've always liked the little detail of the mugger apologizing to her victim. I couldn't explain why... The scene with the maid was more improvised (as it often happened to me, it was added during the last proofreading), though I'm satisfied with the result.

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”