Story 7: No Sport

esercito sconfitto

Re: No Sport

Post by esercito sconfitto »

well, it's... unexpected. Me too, I was waiting for a longer chapter, but I can see why it stopped early

At some point, this short tale has become a sort of 'manifesto' about what is a proper Uniform Stealing scenario, elaborated through the speeches of Shayna and Klenia, and nurse Aeris; defining what is acceptable etc.

the starting point is the final realisation that a uniform stealing scenario is a violent one, what sometimes is unclear to many readers or/and members, even at our board.It requires an aggressive attitude, even in people ( characters) denying that. Think of Klenia...

mr rufusluciusivan , all this was definitely something to think about:)

of course your characters and protagonists haven't the "sporty and athletic" attitude of Tirepanted's, they insist about morality etc and they are all the times shocked by the fact of being trapped in a Uniform Stealing story...
rufusluciusivan

Re: No Sport

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Nice comment! But I think you're giving me too much credit when you call my story a manifesto. I was just writing the scenes as it goes with no real plan or ulterior motive... ;)

Insisting about morality and stealing uniforms isn't completely incompatible in my opinion. It's a matter of context, intent, and ways of doing it. For instance, Emery is a murderer and does it to assess her dominance, Reka and co do it for criminal purposes, therefore it's unambiguously immoral. Klenia does it for her own amusement, but also tries her best to not harm her victims more than needed. Still immoral, but way below in terms of evilness than Emery or even the criminals. Aster, Shayna, Mikani (and Klenia most of time)... did it to fight a corrupt oppressive government, then to rescue people from slavery. Of course, the morality of their actions is debatable, and a lot, when they do it to innocent bystanders. But when it's with soldiers or police officers actively enforcing the will of a tyrannical government who has protestors shot? Guards knowingly working for criminals who have ties with the human trafficking? It's actually less mean than an action hero shooting through dozens of mooks with no second thought. What's more immoral? Neutralizing the goons non-lethally to try to reach the boss, and humiliating them in the process, or slaughtering them? I truly like this question you asked ;) , even though I don't bring answers. Though I can't help but chuckle at the idea of imagining that the characters think they're in a normal story, only for the universe to yank their chains and constantly remind them that they're in a Uniform Stealing one...

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”