Story 6: Rescue Operation

rufusluciusivan

Re: Rescue Operation

Post by rufusluciusivan »

esercito sconfitto wrote:please Rufusluciusivan...kill her :D
Wow! :shock: Things got dark very quick here! :)

Building up tension is her job in the story though, so I can't blame her for doing that. ;) I'm trying to keep her tame, though I admit that it's not because of lack of trying that she doesn't accomplish anything too dark, so I understand some might be bothered by her presence.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

Really excellent story.

I particularly enjoyed Judith's taking out the lone guard to get the uniform. The detail is great. I particularly liked the nice touch of after Judith has knocked her out, stolen her uniform and bound and gagged her, she starts to wake up. I absolutely love the fact Judith uses a nerve pinch to knock the poor woman out a second time. I also like the little apology she gives her victim after doing it.
rufusluciusivan

Late reply, sorry. Many thanks. The scene you mention was fun to write, and I'm glad you appreciated this detail.
rufusluciusivan

“So boring...” Arielle complained. “To think that everyone else is running around, trying to find these intruders, and we're stuck here at the gate, watching this dumb barrier...” The gate guard looked at her partner, in search of her approval.

Hanna sent her a mean look, annoyed by her complaints and her familiar manner of speaking. “You should remain focused on your task. They do not pay us to complain. They pay us to watch the gate. So, we watch the gate.”

“As if the intruders would be stupid enough to try to leave through the main gate...” Arielle snarked back.

A speeding truck suddenly smashed through the barrier they were watching from their booth.

Arielle and Hanna were left speechless, even after debris of the barrier had fallen back to the ground.

“Well... I...” Arielle finally tried to say.

A second truck drove through the already wrecked barrier, even faster than the first one. The last few remaining parts of the barrier were pulverized.

“I think I've done something without meaning to... Something highly prejudicial to us...” Arielle muttered.

“That is why you have to shut up and just watch the gate! To not tempt fate!” Hanna barked.

“What do we do now?!”

“We warn the boss!”

They quickly left their post. Which was a mistake, because they weren't there to see two more jeeps escape the estate in short succession. The first was containing Aster and her remaining accomplices – plus one captive special combattant. The second, a trio of thieves very happy to get out of this situation that easily.

Jezebel was furious.

Salomé, that weak useless good-for-nothing, dared beat her up. She had been left bruised, tied up, and humiliated. A good chunk of the guards had also been left bruised, tied up, and humiliated. The intruders had fled the estate, stealing two of their trucks and – more importantly – all their workers. How many time had passed since their escape? Twenty minutes, half an hour? They hadn't even been able to mount a party to pursue them yet. It seemed that no matter where they were going, they were finding trussed up guards. In the bushes, in the hangar, in the manor, even in one of the outposts. Almost half of Jezebel's personally-selected women. This was a complete disaster. After this night, the Solomons were going to become the laughing stock of the underworld. It would take years to rebuild their reputation...

Jezebel needed to let off some steam.

And, luckily for her, the guards had managed to grab at least one of the intruders...

Jezebel was ignoring Simon and Aaron, who were discussing to each other how they were going to respond to this humiliating attack. Instead, she was looking at the woman. By Frontier standards, the prisoner was looking very exotic, with her soft blond hair, delicate fair skin and blue eyes. Jezebel appreciated the generous chest and the nice curves. She was going to enjoy this...

“Simon!” Jezebel interrupted her husband. “I would like to interrogate our prisoner myself.”

“She already told us what we needed to know.” Simon objected.

“It is not for the informations, dear. It is for the fun.” Jezebel looked at the prisoner.

The blond woman didn't seem afraid. Instead, she smiled and gently retorted in hellàs: “No offense dear, but I think you might be a little too premature for my taste... And I prefer to be on top, if you see what I mean.”

Jezebel felt hot under the collar, and resisted the impulse to lick her lips as it would have been inappropriate in public for a woman of her status.

Oh yes, she was going to enjoy this!

Her eyes glimmered. The guards near her shifted nervously. People who knew Jezebel had learned to fear this expression on her face.

The blonde remained unfazed. “Also, isn't it technically cheating on your husband?” she asked.

Jezebel and Simon exchanged a quick look, then Jezebel chuckled and Simon shrugged.

“Not at all. See... Our marriage is more like a... business partnership.”

“Speaking of which...” Simon intervened. “Do you think we have time for this now? These intruders have fled the estate with all our workers, and have kidnapped Salomé. There are more urgent matters right now!”

“Your dear sister is helping them, Simon.” Jezebel retorted. “That witch even attacked me! Her accomplice tied me up! Go chase after them if you want, but I need to blow off some steam. And since neither is here right now, I will settle with what I have... Though I trust that you will bring them back to me...”

Simon shook his head. “There's no arguing with you when you're like that. Fine. I will go looking for them. I take Aaron and his security team with me. Just try to keep what remains of the estate in one piece while I'm away.”

“Of course dear.”

Presa remained unimpressed during the exchange between Simon and his wife, or during the departure of the mob boss with his squad of armed goons. She remained unimpressed while she was dragged by two tall fit guards in Jezebel's bedroom. She remained unimpressed when the latter tied her with ropes to the bedposts while the guards were holding her. She remained unimpressed, even after Jezebel told the women to not enter the bedroom under any circumstances unless they were given a direct order, no matter what noises they could hear. Discreetly, she tested her restraints while Jezebel was searching through her drawers and had her back turned. The ropework was good, for a civilian, but nothing spectacular. Presa could imagine that it was effective against a normal person or even these incompetent guards, but had been trained to escape more complex knots... Definitively, the blonde was unimpressed.

Jezebel approached her, looking gorgeous in her black expensive dress. “Now, the fun begins...” she purred.

Through the thick door, and even though they were muffled, noises and grunts could be heard. The women guarding the door obeyed their instructions and remained at their post.

However, after a while, and even though nobody outside of the room could have discern it, the voice making the various noises and grunts changed. Then, after a while, the voice was muffled.

Jezebel shouldn't have used mere ropes to restrain a special combattant... In her defense, she didn't know who Presa was, or the training she had received. She discovered it too late...

“As I said... Too premature for me...” Presa commented to herself, checking her figure in the bedroom's mirror. “Although, I give you points for trying.” The blonde admired the clothes she was now wearing: an expensive black business dress.

She then turned to face the bed. Jezebel sent her back a furious look. The tall black-haired woman was tied spread eagle on her own bed, each limb tied to one of the bedposts with ropes, her bright red sultry lingerie on full display: floral-printed bikini panties and a carefully-crafted bustier. Presa had used clean panties from her victim's wardrobe to fill her mouth: Jezebel's cheeks were bulging because of the pieces of clothes. One of her scarves had been turned into a makeshift cleave-gag. Presa was sure that, given the quality of the undergarments she used, this was without a doubt one of the most expensive gags ever conceived.

“Also, that's why you never use mere ropes to restrain a special combattant dear.” the blonde added.

Jezebel's insults were muffled by the gag. All she could do was groan and struggle in vain. The bed was shaking, but her bonds were too strong. She didn't have the skill to free herself, as she was more used to tying up people, not being tied up herself.

Presa sat next to her and carressed the woman's cheeks and hair. “I will have to go now however.” she said. “Sorry to leave you all lonely...”

Jezebel groaned in her gag.

“You're right...” the blonde commented. “As much as I love your clothes, they're not the most practical when it comes to run. If I want to escape, I will have to borrow the uniform of one of your guards...” Without any hesitation, the blonde took off the dress, proudly displaying her curves, and her white briefs and push up bra. She knew that she would fight better in her underwear than while wearing the dress. “To be honest, I just wanted to see how it would feel to wear a dress so expensive that its price could easily be used to feed a family for two months.” she commented. “I must admit that this is overrated...”

Presa then knocked on the door. “Guards!” she said, changing her voice and her tone to match Jezebel's. “I need your assistance.” The imitation was average at best, but thanks to the wooden frame of the door muffling the sounds, it worked. Presa moved in the corner of the room, in order to be hidden by the door once it would be opened.

The women entered. They noticed Jezebel on the bed and froze in shock.

Presa closed the door behind them to muffle the sounds of the incoming beating.

Just like Jezebel, the guards barely put up a fight. Once they were knocked out, Presa stripped them both, reasoning that there would be no jealous left that way. The two women were wearing matching figure-hugging black sports bras and boyshorts. Jezebel probably imposed a dress code on her personal guards... Presa wouldn't even be surprised.

In Jezebel's drawers, she found a lot of bondage accessories. So much that the real difficulty was to find which ones she should use... She settled with a simple tie, although she couldn't resist using these two red ballgags. She bound the two stripped women facing each other. Because of the tight bonds trussing them up, the guards' underwear-clad bodies were pressed against one another.

Once they were secured, Presa put on one of the uniforms. She then realized one essential thing. In her superiors' eyes, she was missing in action. They were going to believe she was killed.

She could become a freelancer now...

She smiled.

Tremble in fear, beautiful women...

The embassy was located in the town center but, luckily, the streets were wide enough to allow the truck to maneuver.

“We're here! The nightmare is over!” Venia said. She stopped the vehicle.

On the passenger seat, Mary remained silent. Her mind was racing. While they were driving like crazy to escape the Solomons, she couldn't do anything but sit quietly and think. But now was the moment to take action...

Mary didn't know exactly what to do, but she knew one thing for sure. She refused to return to her home country, only to be thrown in prison for her past as a kidnapper working for the Cartel. And that was her fate if she went back with Klenia and the others...

“I'll go talk with the security guards. They're probably already on alert now that they've seen a unknown truck in front of the building.” Venia said.

Mary hesitated. Hopefully, she didn't lose her touch and she would be able to paralyze Venia with one nerve-pinch. Sure, it wasn't a very nice thing to do, especially after what they had been through together in the Solomon estate – Venia had always treated her kindly, even though their birth Provinces were sworn enemies. But Mary didn't want to end up in jail. They were in front of the embassy... Venia wouldn't feel any pain, and she would receive help from the guards in no time. However, Mary could use these few minutes to hightail...

Unluckily for her, an oblivious Venia had already exited the cab of the truck by the time she made up her mind. Several security guards of the embassy, intrigued, were gathering around the truck to investigate.

Sh*t!

She couldn't run away while the guards could see her: they would chase after her. She had to find another way to hightail, preferably before Klenia and Shayna arrived. Which was going to happen in a few minutes...

Emery was driving on a secondary road leading to the city of Opal. The Solomon estate was far behind now. Even with her bad leg, escaping the place turned out to be disgustingly easy. Clearly, the Solomons were way too complacent. Their guards were there just for the decorum, because they had to have guards. But it was their reputation that truly protected them. Compared to the Olympian military camps, the Solomons' defenses were a joke. Emery wasn't even angry. If anything, she was more disappointed.

Ever since the war ended, her life had been nothing but a long list of disappointments... She survived, only to be left with a crippled leg. She trained a team, only to have two of her students betray her. She had a golden opportunity to kill Aster, and she failed.

And, worst of all, she had to witness Aster and her annoying team of misfits be hailed as heroes by Cérès and the press, while all the special combattants who gave their lives for the cause were conveniently forgotten. You have to understand. Cérès said. According to international laws of warfare, they are basically war criminals. Honoring them would give us bad PR among the international community.

But Emery knew it wasn't fair.

Emery had already known that life wasn't fair, that the world wasn't fair. Ever since the incident with the group of soldiers when she was weak and young, the incident that she had always refused to remember even in the privacy of her mind. If the world was fair, then people like her wouldn't have been allowed to live. And yes, people like her didn't deserve to be honored. However, most of the other special combattants hadn't been like her. They were efficient, they were strong, they were professional, and Emery liked working with them because of that. But their hearts weren't cold. They didn't continue to fight and kill because they liked to dominate others. They did it because they thought that they were fighting for freedom. They did it because they wanted to free the people from Olympus' tyranny. Yes, they did immoral things, but because they thought that this was for the greater good, and ultimately they sacrificed their lives for the Rebellion. A Rebellion that conveniently swept them under the rug after the victory, leaving only Emery and Hieron to remember them...

No, the world wasn't fair.

According to Emery, had Cérès been a decent person, she would have had her put down after what she did to these soldiers. What she did to the soldiers who did to her that thing she had always refused to remember even in the privacy of her mind. When he saw it, Hieron was disappointed. It wasn't what she had been trained to do. It wasn't clean and efficient. It was needlessly cruel and brutal. But Cérès... Cérès wasn't a good person. When she heard about the massacre, Cérès decided to turn her into a weapon, for her cause.

If the world was fair, if there was a god, they should probably strike me down where I stand right now...

Suddenly, Emery noticed the obstacle. A stationary car, on the road, in front of her.

Emery quickly turned the wheel, avoiding a collision at the last moment.

That was close. Three seconds later, and she would have died because of a mere traffic collision.

She. Utopia's most infamous assassin. Killed because of a mere anticlimactic traffic collision. The irony...

Emery couldn't help but do something she hadn't done for months. She laughed, then she briefly looked at the sky.

“Nice try, jackass. Next time, give it your A-game!”

This was the moment when Emery realized that she was becoming crazy...

The thought made her chuckle some more.

Now to find Aster and Klenia, as well as Agria... What would be their procedure? Taking shelter in the nearest embassy, obviously. Then all she had to do was to pay them a visit...

She had lost her team, but not her life. And as long as there was life, there was hope...

Selena made a rude gesture of the hand in the direction of the car that nearly hit her own immobilized vehicle.

“Just go die under a bridge, pissant!” she shouted.

She breathed deeply, cheeks as red as her hair, then sighed and glumly looked at her broken-down car.

Okay, so I put the wrong type of fuel in the car... But is it my fault if they don't translate the instructions on the pumps? Selena thought to herself. And of course, the engine had to die after I was more than twenty kilometers away from the station... And this had to happen at night...

However, the damage was done now. With her broken-down car on the side of the road, she was forced to hitchhike. Unluckily for her, this road was empty (which was logical since it was the middle of the night) and the few cars who passed by didn't bother to stop. At this rate, she wouldn't be able to save Reka and the others.

Is this really even worth it? the redhead asked to herself. Sure, Reka was a good boss. However, she was also way too obsessed with this whole revenge-thing, according to Selena at least.

Perhaps she would be better on her own...

However, Selena also didn't want to abandon Lucina. Sure, she could be annoying at times. But they had been working together for years now, ever since Selena was conscripted in the army. Working as a duo allowed them to overcome many obstacles, as well as to deal with those who tried to cross them.

But how would she be able to rescue her?

Suddenly, the redhead heard a car approach, honk and stop next to hers. Finally! A little luck! The driver rolled down the window.

Selena couldn't refrain a shout of surprise.

“Max?!”

Indeed, it was the small accountant seated behind the wheel.

Then, she noticed his clothes.

Max was wearing a bright pink shirt, brown golfing trousers, gold-plated sunglasses, a golden wristwatch, and an orange neckerchief.

“Why are you dressed like that?” she asked.

“I disguised myself.” he explained genially. “It doesn't work?”

“It's...” Selena hesitated. “...tacky. And why in pink?”

“The clerk said it was 'salmon'.”

“Because you bought your set of clothes?!” Selena asked, bewildered.

“Of course. You should try it sometimes. It's easier to get new clothes when their owners aren't trying to flee and/or fight you.” He paused, then added: “Anyway. I heard that things didn't go as planned.”

But how did he... How so fast? Selena was tempted to ask, but she knew that he wouldn't reveal his secret. The guy probably has informants in the Solomon estate. Or perhaps he used a drone to monitor us...

“I heard it thanks to Lucina's radio frequency.” the man explained. “She left her radio on the entire time.”

Am I that transparent?

“Yes, I read it on your face. Anyway, are you going to come with me? I need your help to rescue them.”

Selena shrugged.

I guess this is a sign... Destiny called...

“I'm coming.”

Mary used an excuse to separate herself from the others as soon as she could. She said that she needed to go to the toilet. Nobody questioned it, as the guards and Venia were already way too busy helping the escaped slaves. The second truck, the one with Klenia in it, hadn't arrived yet, but it was only a matter of minutes. Walking in the deserted part of the building near the restrooms, Mary was looking for a potential escape route.

She then noticed the janitress.

Ah... The cleaning crew... Always so helpful...

The young woman was closing the door of what looked like the cleaning staff's closet of this floor, near the entrance of the restrooms and a loud ventilation grill.

“Excuse me, miss. I would like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind.”

The janitress was rather young, and clearly surprised to see someone talk to her – especially so politely. She was tall –probably from Olympus itself–, had shoulder-long black hair, with some locks dyed in purple, and light brown eyes. Her ears were pierced. She was wearing yellow latex gloves, dark green overalls, a white shirt and grey sneakers.

“Of course.” the black-and-purple-haired woman said, albeit a little warily.

“I trust that you are the only member of the cleaning staff present at this floor.”

“Yes. This is the night shift after all.”

Mary smiled. “Then you are just the person I'm looking for...”

Her outgoing tone put the young woman at ease.

Mary pointed at the door next to the janitress. “Is this the cleaning staff's closet?”

“Yes, but it's rather big. We also use it as a restroom.”

“Perfect.”

A quick nerve pinch put the poor girl out of commission. She fell in Mary's waiting arms, her chin resting on one of her attacker's shoulders. Mary patted her on the back. “Keep quiet now. Let's make things easier for the both of us.” she muttered to her unconscious victim. The brown-haired woman then breathed deeply, and sighed. Goodness! How I've missed doing that! It was like coming alive again...

While supporting the unconscious woman's body mass, Mary grabbed the keys on her victim's belt. At least I didn't lose my reflexes... she thought to herself. She moved a little, holding tight the janitress onto herself with one arm, and used her free hand to unlock the door. The task proved to be a little difficult, as she was rather rusty, but she succeeded nonetheless. Nobody was there to notice them. Mary dragged her victim inside, sat her on the floor onto a wall, then closed and locked the door.

“Alright... Let's get to work...” she muttered to herself while looking at the lady peacefully resting against the wall, her mouth slightly open.

Mary grabbed the woman's dark green overalls in order to remove it. Going back to her good old habits proved to be easier than she expected. Mugging and stripping women was like riding a bike. Once you'd learned it, you never forgot it... Soon, the overalls were resting on the floor in a neat bundle, quickly joined by the white shirt, yellow latex gloves and grey sneakers. The janitress was wearing underwear that matched her hair dye: light purple socks, dark purple hipster panties and a matching padded bra with a floral pattern. Mary searched the shelves and located coils of strings and rolls of thick brown tape. Perfect. Binding and gagging her mugged victim was as enjoyable as she remembered, and maybe she took a little too much time because if felt so good. After tying up the woman's hands behind her back and her ankles with the strings, Mary mummified with tape a good part of the janitress' legs as well as her wrists and hands. Mary gagged her victim by filling her mouth with a few rags found on the shelves, then sticking several strips of tape on her lips, then wrapping tape around her lower face. Blindfolding the girl with one final strip of tape was superfluous, but she couldn't resist adding this detail to mark the occasion of her first mugging since the beginning of her captivity. The brown-haired woman briefly thought of Reka, who was now the one going to be a captive for a very long time. She smiled.

Looks like I got the last laugh over you, and Callypso, after all...

Mary located a big cupboard, high and wide, the perfect place to hide a silently snoozing tied up lady. She opened the cupboard and stashed her victim in the middle of the brooms. Whistling to herself, Mary undressed herself and put on her disguise. She grabbed two rolls of tape. You never know when you may need one... Then she exited the room.

Klenia felt relieved when they finally arrived in front of the embassy, and even more relieved when she saw that the first truck was already there. Security guards were gathered around, helping the escaped slaves. Hopefully, Aster made it in one piece too... She stopped her truck behind the first and leapt out of the cab.

The sound of a engine made her jump in surprise. A jeep arrived at full speed and braked just in time.

During a few seconds, Klenia was afraid that they were pursuers from the Solomon estate. Then, she recognized the people inside the vehicle.

“It's Aster!” she joyfully exclaimed.

“Also Mikani...” Shayna added. “And aren't these three part of Emery's team?”

Klenia shrugged. “I guess they will have a lot of things to tell us...”

If her current outfit was allowing her to roam the private parts of the embassy without raising any suspicion, Mary knew that she couldn't walk for long in the streets dressed as a janitress. Well, she could as long as she had the cover of the night but, afterwards, she would attract too much attention.

I guess I will need to improvise, once I find the right passerby... The thought alone made her smile.

Luckily, there was nobody near the emergency exit at the back of the building. Mary left the embassy almost too easily.

While all the escaped slaves were escorted inside the embassy by the guards, Klenia, Shayna, Aster, and Mikani took the time to fill each other in with the latest events. Salomé and Lena were already resting inside the building, as well as Zara and Rina. Lena was overjoyed when her girlfriend and her driver arrived unharmed at the embassy. Cleo had recovered while Mikani and Aster were driving. She and Agria were now watching the unconscious Yuna and the bound-and-gagged Cynthia.

“Agria and Cleo will take care of their comrades.” Mikani said. “They will probably be court-martialed. Emery has overstepped her authority this time.”

Klenia saw two men passing nearby, carrying a familiar crate.

“Be careful with that crate, especially when you open it. There are three naked ladies inside.”

The first guard looked at her. “Are you serious?”

“Well, actually only two of them are naked. I allowed the third one to keep her underwear. Because I'm such a nice gal...”

“Reka and her mooks?” Mikani asked.

“Reka and her mooks.” Klenia looked around her. “Speaking of which... Has anyone seen Mary?”

“Who?” one of the guards asked.

“The weasel from Okéanis.”

The only answers she got were shrugs.

“Now that you mention it, It's been a while since the last time I saw her.” Venia said. “I wonder where she went...”

Suddenly, they heard a familiar voice behind them.

“I'm glad you made it in one piece!”

It was Hieron.

Klenia couldn't believe her eyes. The guy was exiting the embassy just like that, as if nothing happened. The last time she heard of him, he was supposed to be at the other side of the world.

“How did he get here so fast...” Klenia couldn't help but exclaim.

“I took a plane. A day ago actually. I wanted to see how things would play out.” He was smiling. The ass! He was actually smiling!

“You... You're such a jerk! You could have helped us!”

“Well, you seemed to have the situation in hand. I didn't want to impose.”

“I will kill him...” Klenia growled.

“Me first!” Mikani added.

Opal never slept, even during the night. Between the casinos and the nightclubs, party goers and tourists were always busy. If this was making Mary's efforts to be discreet more difficult, this was also giving her hope that she would be able to grab a disguise. Between all these women wearing colourful dresses and not paying attention to anyone, she was eventually going to come across one that was the right size and alone.

Mary was passing near the tenth of fifteenth nightclub when fortune smiled on her.

The woman had long black curly hair. She was wearing a beautiful yet functional multicoloured dress: red, orange, and yellow. The kind of outfit that was a lot more practical than those frilly cocktail dresses. The kind of outfit worn by a woman that hadn't plenty of money, but a lot of good taste. The black-haired woman was leaving the nightclub while laughing. Apparently, she had a good time partying with people, but Mary could hear her tell them that she had to go now. She had to work tomorrow.

She was leaving the nightclub alone...

Mary's eyes followed her while she was walking away. The black-haired woman was heading toward a less travelled part of the streets. Mary didn't hesitate. She intended to keep the janitress uniform a little longer, but she knew that this was a golden opportunity. One that would never come up again. She followed the woman.

Several minutes later, her soon-to-be victim was passing in front of an empty dark alleyway and nobody was paying attention to her or to Mary.

The perfect moment to strike.

Before the party goer could even react, Mary pinned her arms on her torso with her left arm and encircled her right arm around her throat, locking her head into a sleeper-hold. She dragged her victim into the alleyway. The black-haired unlucky woman made a small 'gurk', then disappeared in the shadows.

Since killing Hieron for real would have caused them more problems than he was worth, Klenia chose to settle with agreeing with his proposition of having a drink inside. At his own expense, of course. She took the opportunity to ask for the most expensive things they had. Aster, Mikani, Shayna, and Venia did the same. A little away, Lena, Zara and Rina were talking together. They had been granted political asylum, but Klenia didn't think they would agree to leave the country and go to the Confederation. In the grand scheme of things, they had only been tangentially involved. Lena had family in the north of the country and she was talking about moving there.

“We'll have to tell Hieron to make sure the Solomons won't try to go after them. Sure, they probably don't even remember about them but still, better safe than sorry. They didn't help us on their free will, they were coerced, and I don't them to be hurt because of us.” Klenia whispered to Aster.

The latter nodded. “I share the sentiment.”

Salomé was seated in an armchair, in the corner of the room. Alone. She wasn't taking part in the conversations.

“This Mary completely vanished.” Hieron was saying. “No sign of her in the building. However, she left a huge clue behind, so we can easily assume what she did and how she left the building.”

“What clue?” Aster asked.

“A bound-and-gagged janitress in her underwear.”

“That's a big clue.”

“That weasel was smart enough to hightail before we would be able to take the time to deal with her. I should have anticipated that...” Klenia said.

“Perhaps we should forget about her for the moment...” Mikani intervened. “Yes, she escaped. Good riddance! We have more urgent things on our hands right now.” She glanced at Salomé. “You shouldn't have brought her with you, Aster. Her brother will come to get her back.”

“I made a promise to her.” the latter objected. Then, she smiled slyly, and added: “Just like when you and Klenia brought Macha and Hana with you...” she teasingly retorted.

Klenia raised her hands. “Leave me out of that please...” she exclaimed. However, her tone was playful. She knew that Aster was just teasing her. The atmosphere in the room was good, in spite of the looming threat of the Solomons. They were all happy to be alive and to share a moment together.

They were interrupted when one of the guards entered the room. “Bad news. Simon Solomon is here.” she said.

Everyone exchanged glum looks.

Salomé paled. "He's here for me! He must be so mad!" She was scared.

“Well, we knew that this was inevitable.” Aster commented. She looked at Hieron. “We'll let you deal with him.”

Hieron nodded. “I will negociate. Open the window. You'll be able to listen from here.”

Mary left the alleyway whistling. The black ankle boots were a little tight, but she was able to walk in them, and she liked the brown tights. She smoothened the colourful red, orange and yellow dress she was now wearing, and ran her fingers through the pearls of the necklace she just stole. Usually, she didn't bother taking the jewelry of her victims, but she made an exception this time. She needed money. She could sell the necklace, as well as the rings and the gold watch. Mary adjusted the strap of the red purse. All in good time...

The brown-haired woman quickly glanced at the alleyway. Perfect. From the street, nobody could guess what happened roughly ten minutes ago... Nor could they guess that the alleyway wasn't as empty as it looked like...

The black-haired woman hadn't woken up yet. Or, more precisely, when she started to come to her senses while Mary was binding her, a quick nerve pinch was enough to put her out of commission again. Though, even when she would wake up, Mary was confident that her victim was going to have a hard time getting someone's attention given the fact that there was a very loud nightclub blaring its music nearby. Indeed, Mary cut her former shirt into makeshift bonds and used a roll of tape she stole in the cleaner closet of the embassy to gag and secure her victim into a ball-tie, knees pressed against her breasts. She chose to hide the bound-and-gagged woman behind the garbage bin instead of inside. Since she was in a ball-tie, she wouldn't be able to move and hit it to make noise anyway. Assuming that she would even want to be found, dressed in her carefully-crafted light pink bra and panties. When she stripped the party goer, Mary was surprised to see that the woman was wearing very expensive lingerie. Much like the jewelry, these undergarments were the proof that her victim was more well-off than she appeared. Mary wouldn't have been surprised to learn that this woman was wearing a not-so-expensive dress to fool potential muggers. Well, tonight the trick didn't work... Ironically, had this poor lady worn a more expensive but less practical dress, Mary wouldn't have assaulted her.

Live and learn...

Now, she simply needed to take any plane – or even boat – travelling to South Window.

Simon Solomon was looking furious, and the squad of goons he had brought with him were armed to the teeth. However, the mob boss wasn't stupid either. He maybe had the local police and politicians under his payroll, but attacking a foreign embassy would create an international incident. He couldn't get away with that...

Still, he wasn't going to give up that easily.

“You are hiding criminals that assaulted my estate, attacked my wife, and kidnapped my sister.” he shouted in a megaphone. “I demand that they are handed over to me.”

Hieron exited the building to go meet the mob boss. He smiled brightly and made grand gestures to greet him, ignoring the armed men sending him deadly glares.

“Clearly there has been a huge misunderstanding, mister Solomon. Your sister is here of her own free will. She's seeking political asylum, which we granted to her.”

He was talking loudly, therefore the people inside the embassy could hear him through the open window.

“Isn't he going to attract the attention of the police?” Mikani asked while looking at the group gathered in front of the embassy.

“I think he paid them to turn the other eye.” Aster answered. “Still, I don't understand what his plan is. He can't attack the embassy. Even with a bribe, there's no way they would let him risk a war with the Confederation...”

On the street, Hieron's laid-back attitude made Simon lose his patience.

“You better stop play dumb and bring me my sister, if you know what is good for you.”

Hieron's smile disappeared.

“Do you think you can intimidate me?” he growled. “I used to fight in illegal bloodfights and I was one of the instructors of the combattants that were sent in the officers' houses to slit their throats while they were asleep. Try to threaten me again, make me laugh.” He made one step forward.

Simon moved away. The mob boss had chosen to change his tactic. He grabbed his megaphone again.

“Salomé Sarah Solomon!” he shouted. “I know you can hear me! Stop your nonsense and come here this instant! You have embarassed yourself, and your family, far enough!”

Aster turned her head towards the tall woman. Reflexively, Salomé had jumped on her feet. She hesitantly looked at the door.

“I... I have to....” she stammered.

Aster put a hand on her shoulder to calm her. “He can't reach you here.”

“But...”

She looked at her in the eyes. “Let me rephrase that, Salomé. He can't reach you. Never ever again if you want it.”

The tall woman blinked several times in silence.

“Can I... Can I say something to him?” she finally said.

“Can somebody fetch her a megaphone?” Aster asked.

It took the employees a few minutes, but they finally came back with the desired device.

Salomé grabbed the megaphone and went in front of the open window, then shouted.

“Hey Simon! Go...” She hesitated, as if she suddenly realized she didn't have any idea of what to say. “Umm... Go... Go f*ck yourself!” she finally tried.

Aster wished she had a camera on her to record Simon's face when the mob boss heard his sister actually curse. The guy was so shocked he dropped his own megaphone.

Well, looks like he won't be able to claim she was kidnapped anymore... Aster thought.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

It looks like the story is starting to wind down. Been quite a ride; can't wait to see how it ends.

I think that, while Reka and her team have been my favorite characters, there's been plenty of good material for Emery and her squad as well. Those women have some great banter with one another, and some great personalities and conflicting goals (concerning the double agent story). It's good to see Presa get her own little scene; it seems like we won't be seeing the last of her.

Speaking of which, it's nice to see formerly minor characters get their own arcs. We've been told in the past that Mary is a "mistress of disguise," but it's good to finally see her take advantage of her skills, both with the janitress and the casino lady. And it was awfully nice of Mary not to stash her second victim inside the garbage bin - most clothing muggers probably wouldn't be so considerate.
rufusluciusivan

Yes, the end is nearing, something of which I'm happy as writing this story proved to be more difficulte than I anticipated. As for Emery and her team, while I can see why some could dislike her, I admit that she's a character I like writing and she makes a threatening antagonist.

Minor characters have actually become my salving grace now that the main characters are in a situation that doesn't require infiltration, as they allow me to still provide uniform stealings. ;)
rufusluciusivan

tirepanted3 wrote:(Though a new chapter of "Rescue Operation" would be appreciated more. ;) )
Thanks! That means a lot to me.

Quick disclaimer: some parts of this post are (a little) darker than usual.

Judith cursed under her breath. “The town is crawling with cops even though it's the middle of the night... I bet the Solomons are behind it.”

“Then it's a good thing we left the jeep behind at the entrance of the city.” Abigail commented. “And that we took the time to change clothes.”

They were now wearing civilian clothes. On their way, near a night club at the edge of the town, Judith, Abigail and Deborah had the luck to come across a trio of slighlty tipsy tourists: Three young women (a blonde, a redhead and a brunette), probably in Frontier for their studies, who wanted to slum in for a night. They were probably a tight group of friends, as they had chosen to share the same dress code (black pants, dark red tank tops and dark blue jackets) ; and to share the same hairstyle (a loose bun at the back of the head). And from a certain point of view, for these three friends, this night would indeed become unforgettable, though not in the way they intended... Indeed, this welcome little twist of fate allowed the Judith and her sisters to change clothes and discard their guard uniforms, which would raise a few eyebrows in the town since only people working on the Solomon estate were supposed to wear them. The outfit's three real owners were probably currently waking up, and discovering themselves stuck in an uncomfortable predicament. Hidden in some bushes, with only their most intimate undergarments to protect their modesty. Even their underwear were similar: comfortable dark blue sports bra and matching boyshorts, perfect to dance all night. The three party goers were tied up and gagged with strips of Judith's, Deborah's and Abigail's discarded guard uniforms. Though Judith wasn't too worried for them. The night was warm, and they were probably able to work as a team to free themselves. Eventually.

“The cops are probably here for Aster and her friends, but I don't want to take any risk. For our safety, we will assume that they are also looking for us. We have to leave town.” Judith decided.

Abigail nodded. “Boat, plane or car?” she asked.

“We will improvise on the spot.”

“We can't roam freely across the streets as if we owned the place though.” Abigail objected. “Not with so many cops.”

“True. But I know something for sure.” Judith said. “The best way to go unnoticed by the cops is to look like one, if you see what I mean...”

Deborah smiled. “Big sis, I like the way you think.”

Simon chose to remain with his goons in front of the embassy, as if to besiege the building. He had spotlight installed, and because of them the façades of the embassy were lit as if it was broad daylight.

“Looks like the guy will camp here all week if he has to...” Hieron commented while looking at the street through the window of his office. “Talk about being stubborn!”

Aster, Klenia, Mikani, and Shayna were with him. Aster was studying a map of the town, Klenia was fidgeting with the cushions of her chair's armrests, Shayna was pacing up and down, and Mikani was grimly looking through the window. Agria was watching the captured Yuna and Cynthia, Cleo was at the infirmary. Salomé, Lena and her friends, and the freed slaves were resting in other rooms.

“It could be a problem if we want to leave the embassy.” Aster commented. “Even with our country's diplomatic immunity and with an escort, an 'accident' could still happen to us on our way to the airport.”

“I wish I could just get rid of him, but my hands are tied.” Hieron said. “I received a message from our government. I can't create an international incident for you. I have to be... tactful.”

Klenia sighed. “I think I liked you better before you became a politician...” she commented.

Hieron grimaced and put his hand on his heart. “That hurts! I have feelings, you know?”

“Quit complaining.”

Hieron dropped the act and smiled. “Sorry. Force of habit, now that I'm a politician and all...”

Aster rolled her eyes. “Please remain focused. I want us to leave this place as soon as we can.”

“Why exactly? Solomon can't reach you here, and we will give all the workers you freed the Federation's citizenship and passports.”

“Because I want to exfiltrate Salomé.” Aster dryly answered.

Hieron frowned. “Pardon me?”

“Hieron, we all know how everything will play out. Simon won't try to get back his workers. Officially, they don't belong to him. Officially, they're workers, not slaves, and now that they are here and have passports he can't prevent them from leaving. But he will never let his sister go. In a few hours, Cérès will hear about the whole story of what happened here. She will also hear that the easiest way to solve the conflict would be to hand back Salomé to her brother.”

“You know I won't do that.”

“I know you wouldn't sink so low. As much as I know that Cérès would.”

The man shook his head but didn't even try to refute her.

“Understood. What about the psychologist, her nurse and her driver?”

“They're free to do whatever they want. They can come with us or stay here. I don't think Simon even remembers about their existence.”

Hieron nodded. “And Cérès doesn't have to know about their existence either...”

“That's the idea. We'll be escorting Salomé. I trust you to protect the workers we freed.”

Hieron nodded.

“Do you know a way for us to leave this building unnoticed?”

“Of course! Do you think this place has only one entrance? All good embassy must have some kind of secret exit, specifically for the kind of situations we're in right now.”

“Tell me more.”

“We have dug a secret underground passage that leads to a building nearby.” He showed them a bunch of tickets. “I trust that, once you're out, you won't have too much trouble getting to the next cruise boat that will leave the town in a few hours... However, there's one problem.”

“There's always one problem.” Klenia slyfully remarked.

“Nothing that's too unpleasant for you, hopefully.”

“Stop wasting our time needlessly with your stylistic effects and get to the point.” Aster interrupted him.

“You will need to disguise yourselves. The Solomons have informants all over the town. We can't risk having them recongnize you.”

Klenia was overjoyed.

“This is perfect! In fact, I was reading today's newspaper and I noticed that Matilda's handball team had just finished a game here in Opal, and that they were going to return to the Federation. So...”

“Their hotel is at the other side of the town.” Hieron objected.

“But...”

“Klenia, just let it go.” Mikani interrupted her. “There will be no handball team for you. Leave these girls alone.”

Klenia crossed her arms. “Fine, since you all spread the word to kill my vibe... But mark my words: The moment we land on the Federation, I will go on a quest to get my hands on one of these outfits. I'm making this promise to myself. You have been warned!”

“There's a huge party going on in the casino hotel near the place you'll exit.” Hieron said to help diffuse the situation. “Lots of people entering and leaving, an easy way to infiltrate the place while blending with the crowd, and plenty of women wearing gorgeous expensive clothes...”

Klenia pouted. “Well, since you're apologizing so nicely, I will settle with this for now...”

“Then take the time to prepare yourselves, but no too much. You will leave soon.” Hieron said.

“That's the idea. So, if everything is settled, I'll take the time to freshen up.” Aster concluded.

A grunt and an 'Ow!'.

These were the only sounds the policewoman was able to make when Abigail grabbed her, knocked her out, and dragged her in an empty dark alleyway. Contrary to most of the other cops roaming the streets around the embassy, this one was walking alone. Judith suspected that she wasn't part of the patrols sent because of Simon Solomon, but a mere rookie stuck with the meter maid duty. Opal the Casino city never slept, therefore its parking lots were chargeable even in the middle of the night to pour always more money into the city's pockets. The policewoman was rather young, in her late twenties probably, and her hair were tied into a proper bun at the crown of her head, as if she wanted to prove everyone around her that she was a serious hard-working girl. Ultimately, the explanation didn't matter to her though. What mattered is that the police uniform was going to be useful to lure other victims to them.

Abigail finished putting on the clothes. She was now dressed in a dark blue uniform jacket, matching pants, and black shoes. At her feet was lying the sleeping young woman dressed in black socks, a white tank top over a beige push up bra and light pink seamless panties.

“Drag her deeper in the alleyway. I can hear her snoring from here.” Judith said to her sister. “Also, find something to bind and gag her. We're not amateurs, for goodness sake!”

The tall woman watched Abigail grab the unlucky woman under the shoulders to drag her. Then she noticed a figure out of the corner of her eye. A lone person was quickly walking down the opposite sidewalk, avoiding the light of the street lamps. The policewoman had black hair, but her skin was suspiciously lighter than a true denizen of Frontier. Perhaps it was because of the distance or the darkness of the night, but Judith could have sworn that the police uniform was too big for her. And was it her, or was this woman limping a little?

As if she felt she was being watched, the black-haired woman briefly turned and, for a few seconds, her eyes met Judith's. The tall woman suddenly felt a shiver down her spine. She couldn't explain it, but her instinct was telling her that it would be a very bad idea to get in this woman's way. No. Not telling actually. More like screaming at the top of its lungs. The black-haired woman ignored her and continued her way.

“This one is for me...” Deborah commented.

Judith reflexively grabbed her sister's arm. “Wait!”

Deborah and Abigail looked at her quizzically.

Judith hesitated, then said: “This one is giving me the creeps. It's best we don't try to mess with her.”

The twin sisters shared a glance, but they trusted their older sibling's judgement. “If you say so. We'll find less feisty candidates then.”

Abigail grabbed the plastic handcuffs strapped on the belt of her newly-aquired uniform and used them to bind her victim's wrists behind her back. Still unconscious, lying on her stomach, the girl couldn't protest against her treatment. Deborah noticed another police officer, a sergeant according to her chevrons. Also a tall fit woman with long black braided hair that she could impersonate with ease.

Taking the police uniform was a good decision. The outfit was allowing her to roam the streets freely. Emery knew about the secret underground passage leading to the embassy. The access was in an empty building. Nobody was expecting her. Checking if Aster and the others were in the building would be easy.

And if they were there...

Emery didn't care anymore about her orders, about Hieron's disappointment or about Cérès' reprimands. She just wanted to see them dead, especially Aster and that annoying Klenia. Agria the traitor too, if she could get her hands on her, though she would have to be careful with this one. Agria was well-trained enough to beat her in a fight. Better save her for last. That way, i'd have no regret if she wins...

However, she would have to be careful while roaming the embassy. She needed a plan, an excuse to convince the guards that she was on a special secret mission. And, moreover, she had to make sure that Hieron didn't know that she was there. She couldn't just stroll in like some rabid madwoman... Sanity had its advantages after all. Emery knew she was crazy, but it didn't mean she had to be stupid or – worst – inefficient.

The black-haired assassin was on her own, with no back-up or ally. This was reminding her of her very first missions. Strangely for someone as asocial as her, in reality she very rarely worked alone. Back in the days, there were the other special combattants, the missions with Aster's team, and Hieron or Cérès were always monitoring her. Then, after the civil war, she had her own team. Emery realized that the last time she truly worked alone was when she tracked down the soldiers who did the... thing to her.

Memories were flowing back. Emery didn't exactly know why she was remembering these events now, of all time. She suspected that it was linked to her growing madness.

Back then, she started her hunt exactly the same way as she started this one: acquiring an uniform to walk the streets. Emery remembered the sentry. A woman with soft brown hair, a heart-shaped face, beautiful green eyes and good curves, wearing the stadard uniforms of Olympus' army. Disgusted by how happy she looked, the assassin snapped her neck and, after taking the clothes off, threw the underwear-clad corpse in a dumpster.

And then she found the first man. When he was on top, making her scream, the guy was laughing. But when he understood what was going to happen, when he saw it in Emery's eyes, he started to cry. I have children... Music to her ears.

Emery thought of Aster and Klenia. Perhaps they would beg too? Soon...

Thanks to her newly aquired uniform, Abigail asked the sergeant to follow her in order to investigate ''something suspicious going on in the alleyway''. The officer confidently followed her, swaying her shoulders to play the tough girl. To dispatch her, Deborah chose a sleeper-hold.

“It would be easier to give up...” she said to her victim.

The police officer wasn't agreeing.

“Ghhhhhhhhhhh...” She was flailing her left arm, desperately trying to hit Deborah. To no avail.

Then, she finally lost consciousness and went limb in her captor's arms.

Deborah sighed. “One tough cookie...”

Judith made no comment. Neither did Abigail.

Deborah sighed again. It was tough to have a tough crowd... She quickly stripped the unconscious policewoman. She started with the shoes, the belt and the pants, then followed with the uniform jacket and white shirt. The sergeant was wearing black leather underwear underneath.

“Yuck!” Deborah grimaced. “Please conceal her, I cannot bear to look at that...”

Judith dragged the underwear-clad policewoman deeper in the alleyway, where the unlucky scantily clad meter maid was already lying bound and gagged, out of sight. “Throw me her handcuffs and your clothes. I'll need them to secure her.” she said.

Deborah complied, before dressing up with her new uniform.

“Hey, Abie. You do realize that once I've put these clothes I will be your superior? That means I will be allowed to boss you around.”

Abigail rolled her eyes and groaned.

Deborah sighed a third time. It surely was tough to have a tough crowd...

Klenia approached the box still holding Reka, Amara and Lucina. Shayna and Venia were following her. The crate was stocked in one of the empty rooms of the embassy, guarded by a few soldiers.

The box was shaking.

“They are still inside?” Shayna asked.

“Nobody took the time to get them out yet. Not that I'm complaining, of course.”

Shayna chuckled and lightly caressed her girlfriend's shoulder. “You're so mean...”

“And what about the killers? Where are they?” Venia asked.

“You mean Emery's agents? Hieron is interrogating them, with Agria's help. They will be court-martialled.”

“Do you think he can handle them?” Venia asked.

Klenia laughed. “Don't worry about him. He doesn't look very mean, but it's mostly because he has a soft spot for us. Hieron was one of the instructors who taught Emery and her likes. He can be pretty scary if he wants.”

“Really?”

“Well, he's one of the two persons Emery wouldn't even dare defying directly.”

“That's scary indeed...”

“Anyway, I need to have a talk with one of our dear friends...”

She removed the crate lid.

They were greeted by three angry stares and a chorus of muffled angry groans and moans. Reka, Amara and Lucina were still trussed up and gagged. The first two were still naked. Their faces were red because of the heat, the humiliation, and the crotch-ropes.

“Howdie folks! I hope that things aren't becoming too sweaty here." She winked. “Or too kinky...”

More angry muffled screams.

Klenia ignored Reka and Amara. She grabbed Lucina under the shoulders to lift her and put her on her knees. One of the straps of the henchwoman's blue bra was falling, so Klenia adjusted it. Then, she slowly took the time to remove all the thick black duct tape wrapped around her lower face. The henchwoman winced during the entire process. She spat the rags filling her mouth as soon as she could.

“Glad you're more comfortable...” Klenia said.

Lucina eyed her warily. “What do you want?” she asked.

“I've been thinking. And I'm under the impression that we missed one of you jokers... You know, a redhead with twintails. Does it ring a bell to you?”

Lucina was taken aback by the question. She paused, thought, then tried: “Um... No...?”

“Not a very good liar, uh?” Klenia commented. She pinched the woman's right cheek. “Ow!” Lucina exclaimed, more out of annoyance than out of pain. Klenia pinched her other cheek. “Stop that!” Klenia pulled her up by the ear, as if she was a naughty child. “Owowowowowow!”

“Are you sure you don't want to talk?”

“I will tell you nothing!”

Klenia let her go. “Suit yourself.” She grabbed the discarded rags spat by Lucina.

“Wait!”

Klenia gagged her again with the rags, before wrapping fresh strips of brown tape around the henchwoman's lower face. “You told me everything I needed to know anyway...” She pushed Lucina. “There you go! Inside the box you return!”

“So, we did miss one of them...” Shayna commented while Klenia was closing the lid.

The latter nodded. “Where are Aster and Mikani? We have to tell them.”

"We leave these three in the box?" Venia asked.

"That will teach them a lesson." Klenia said. "Never try to harm my girlfriend!"

Shayna chuckled and kissed her on the cheek. "She's very protective..."

Emery was inside.

One of the perks of being a special combattant, even a former one, was that anyone in the knowing would take at face value you saying that you had a special secret mission and that they had to say nothing to anyone.

She heard that Hieron was interrogating Yuna and Cynthia in an isolated room of the embassy. Therefore, he was – for now – not in the way. But, more importantly, she heard that all her targets were inside the building as well.

Just Aster and Klenia... If I have to be caught, let it be after I kill these two...

She remembered that she had to infiltrate an official building not so different from this one to get her hands on the second soldier. She was disguised as one of the guards. She caught her prey in the restrooms.

The restrooms... Why not start with them? It was the best place to catch a victim alone and by surprise...

Aster needed a few minutes alone. Therefore, she went to the restrooms. She didn't want to go with Hieron, Mikani, and Agria, who were checking if Emery's captured agents were well-secured.

Aster rinsed her face with cold water. She still hadn't completely recovered from her confrontation in the warehouse. And to think that she had told to herself that she was done with Emery now that the civil war was over... She was foolish to think that the assassin would stay out of her life forever. And not only was she in danger, but all of her friends were in danger as well.

Why? I've lost Aaria and Dimitri... Isn't it enough? Do I have to fear losing Klenia, Mikani and Shayna as well?

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a movement thanks to the mirror in front of her. She sensed a danger and quickly turned round.

There was a woman behind her. Black hair and cold eyes with a knife in her hand.

Aster couldn't believe it. Emery! Here! How did she enter?! Simon is besieging the place outside, and every guard inside is on the alert! It was like a nightmare...

However, asking how Emery accomplished that feat wasn't the priority at the moment. Aster realized how dire her situation was. Everybody was watching the threat outside. She was surrounded by guards and friends but, right now, had she been alone in the building it would have had the same effect. Nobody was expecting an inside threat. Nobody could help her. They probably wouldn't even hear her if she called for help, as they were all near the windows and doors.

Emery and Aster stared at each other. They didn't say anything. They were beyond words.

Emery didn't have the room or the time to aim and throw her knive. She chose the hand-to-hand combat. Using her good leg to leap, she charged.

Aster dodged.

The blade of the knife scratched the washbasin's enamel. Aster tried to disengage and call for help.

Using her good leg as a pivot, Emery swept her off her feet. Aster fell hard on the floor. Even now, with her wounded leg, she's still stronger than me... How foolish of her to think that Emery wouldn't train herself to overcome her weakness...

Aster was on the floor. She was at a disadventage.

Knife in hand, Emery cautiously approached her. Just like all good predator, she knew that a prey was never more dangerous than when it was cornered.

In desperation, Aster kicked the knife out of Emery's hand as soon as it was at reach. The weapon flew across the room, then glided along the tiled floor.

Emery didn't take the risk to move away from her prey to pick it up. Instead, she blocked Aster on the ground with her legs. Then, she grabbed her victim's throat and started to squeeze.

Incongruously, even though she should have been afraid as her end was probably near, Aster's first thought was to notice that Emery's hands were surprisingly warm and soft. Strange. I've always thought she'd have cold hands... She mentally shook her head. Do something! Scratch her face! Gouge her eyes! But she couldn't reach her. Emery had moved her knees to block her arms.

“Finally...” the assassin said.

Aster's vision became blurred.

She could hear some noise.

Everything went black.

Emery was exulting. She remembered the third soldier, the most brutal. He was the only who actually managed to try to fight back. Emery took great pleasure in crushing his ego before ending his life.

Suddenly, the assassin heard the door open. Someone screamed. Emery raised her head.

Mikani and Klenia. Of course, Klenia was the one who screamed.

How amateurish... Losing so carelessly the element of surprise...

From her part, Emery was a professional. During the few seconds her opponents took to recover from the shock, she quickly moved away from Aster and, using her good leg to gain momentum, jumped to grab her knife.

Mikani attacked first, while the assassin was still getting up after taking the weapon. Her kick would have broken off a few teeth, had Emery not quickly dodged at the last second. The short woman was mad with rage.

“And to think I used to admire you...” she spat.

Emery ignored her banter. Admiring someone was a stupid thing to do anyway. It was like asking for disappointment...

Mikani moved to attack again, but Emery was too quick. The knife plunged in the short woman's left shoulder. Mikani groaned but, thanks to the adrenaline, she managed to ignore the pain the time to punch the black-haired woman in the face with her right fist.

Emery was strong and well-trained, but she was still a human and even she couldn't take a punch without flinching. She took a few steps back, a little dazzled. Still, when Klenia approached her to try to restrain her, the assassin slashed towards her with the knife she hadn't let go. Klenia leapt backward just in time, and the blade mostly damaged her clothes, leaving only a superficial cut on her right arm.

Emery regained her senses. However, Klenia didn't let her the time to regain the initiative. She attacked again, this time kicking Emery's knife out of her hand.

Not again... the black-haired woman thought. She truly was losing her hand, if she could be disarmed so easily...

Emery noticed that, although she was wounded, Mikani was still trying to flank her. Now, that's a professional.

Klenia looked at the assassin with anger. “This time, you're going down!” she spat. “Naked and in the box!”

“Why don't you just try?” Emery's eyes were glimmering with pure unhidden malice.

Internally, she was smiling. Her banter was a ruse, a feint to deceive Mikani and encourage her to attack.

Mikani prepared to jump, thinking that Emery was distracted.Predictable. The black-haired woman smiled coldly and moved to intercept her. However, the short woman stopped her assault at the last second, avoiding a punch that would have broken her jaw. Emery frowned. Suddenly, Klenia jumped her on her blind spot. Emery then realized that she fell into a ruse. Mikani's move was only a distraction to allow Klenia to get the drop on her.

They anticipated my own feint to trick me... the black-haired woman thought.

Emery fell on her back, the other woman over her, and received a punch on the face. Her head hit the floor hard.

But the assassin ignored the pain. At the training camp, she had to endure far, far worst. They had to train their bodies to withstand torture. While Klenia was aiming another punch, she took this opportunity to hit her in the throat. Because she was still a little dazzled, she couldn't hit hard enough to crush the windpipe, but Klenia coughed and wheezed, and lost her grip. Emery repelled her and tried to get up. She was ready to finish off Klenia. Just another hit with the edge of her hand to crush her throat for good...

This was her mistake.

She had forgotten that a shoulder wound wasn't an incapacitating wound. Mikani jumped on the black-haired woman's back and brought her down to the ground. She used her legs and all her body mass to pin her on the floor. Emery struggled to try to take back the upper-hand, but she could hear more people enter the restrooms. Klenia's girlfriend screamed, then helped Mikani immobilizing her. A few guards were following the blonde. They helped Mikani and Shayna restrain her.

Then Hieron arrived.

She had lost.

“Aster... Is she...?” Klenia asked.

One of the guards checked Aster's pulse.

“She's breathing.” he said.

Emery mentally cursed while everyone else looked relieved. She had failed. If only she hadn't been interrupted...

“She needs first aid though. And quick.” the guard added.

Hieron gave a few orders to have Aster taken care of, then looked at his former special combattant with a mixture of anger, disappointment, and sadness. Emery held his stare without blinking. “Take her away.” he said.

“Let me do it my way...” Klenia growled.

Emeyr saw the anger in the woman's eyes. She was unimpressed.

Hieron shook his head. “No.”

“She tried to kill Aster!”

The man looked Klenia in the eyes. “If you strip her, you better also have to be ready to kill her in cold blood afterwards. Because there are no forces on Earth or above that would prevent her from escaping and getting her revenge on you.”

“But...”

“Klenia, Emery is sick! The last man who forcefully stripped her, she strangled him with barb wires!” Hieron shouted. “She found him, she drugged him, she tied him up. She waited for him to wake up. She broke his knees, then his fingers, and then she strangled him.”

Emery recalled that the man did other things than merely stripping her, but she also did other things as well afterwards... The fourth, and last soldier, was the ringleader. The one who started everything. She saved him for last, after his three pals. The guy had his fun with her, so she returned the favour. With her knives. And a hammer. And nails.

Klenia was understanding. Slowly – but haven't she always been a little slow? Emery thought so at least.– “The Silent Butcher...” she said.

“Klenia, help your friends take care of Aster.” Hieron concluded. “Let me deal with Emery.”

“One and one makes three.” Deborah said with a beaming smile, dropping an unconscious policewoman on the ground. Their third, and last, victim was a tall short-haired brunette with a generous chest.

“Stop quoting dated music and strip her. Judith needs her uniform.” Abigail said.

“With gusto!”

The policewoman was wearing white panties with black little hearts and a similar-looking brassiere.

“Cute.” Deborah commented.

She gave the uniform to her older sister. Then, she and Abigail dragged the woman deeper in the alleyway, dropping her next to the two other underwear-clad policewomen. She cuffed the brunette's wrists behind her back with her own handcuffs. Judith threw them her discarded top, which they cut into strips, using some of these strips to tie the woman's legs and ankles, and the others to fill her mouth and cleave-gag her.

Judith observed their handiwork.

The three policewomen were lying next to each other, secured and snoring.

“Perfect.” she said.

Deborah smiled. Judie's compliments were so rare...

“Now, we move. Time for us to leave this town...”

Aster was saved.

She regained consciousness not long after receiving first aid.

Currently, she was lying on a spare bed. As soon as they were allowed by the nurse to see her, Klenia and Mikani hugged her, crying tears of joy.

“This time, we thought you were lost...” Mikani exclaimed.

Aster embraced them.

“Me too.”

Someone had disinfected and bandaged Mikani's shoulder.

“You're hurt.” Aster commented, a little worried.

“Nothing lethal. With the painkillers Hieron gave me, I'll be fine.” She hesitated. “Although I don't think I'll be able to mug anyone for a while...” She added, in order to try to lighten the mood: “You'll have to do it for me, Klenia.”

The latter smiled. “Count on me!”

Shayna and Venia were standing next to them, smiling. In the corner of the room, Aster could see Salomé seated on a chair, lost in her thoughts, and Lena talking with her grilfriend and her driver.

Aster relaxed. Everyone was fine.

“Emery?” she asked.

“Hieron will take care of everything from here.”

Aster nodded. “Good.” She hesitated, then added: “Mikani, Klenia, you will have to take over from here.”

“What?”

“I don't think I can properly help you. I need some time to recover, and you have to evacuate Salomé as soon as you can.”

Klenia and Mikani shared a glance.

“No way!” the first said.

“We don't think it's a good idea to leave you here alone. Cérès may...” the second added.

“I'm not afraid of Cérès." Aster interrupted her. "She's not stupid enough to hand over a citizen of the Federation to a notorious foreign criminal. It would make her lose face. Please, I'm asking for your help. I made a promise to Salomé and we don't have much time.”

The two women hesitated.

Klenia sighed. “You know I can't say no when you make this face...”

Mikani added: "We'll do it."

"I'll help too." Shayna added.

Aster looked at Salomé. "Don't worry. I'm not giving up on you. I would trust these three with my life."

The tall woman nodded. "Okay."

“I'm coming with you.” Venia said.

The others hesitated.

“Are you sure?” Shayna asked.

Her sister looked at them with determination. “You will need someone who perfectly speaks hellàs." She hesitated. "Well, someone a little more reliable than Salomé...” She looked at the tall woman. “No offense.”

“None taken.”

“And about the other workers?” Mikani asked.

“You said that Hieron was going to help them. If you trust him, I'll trust him too. For now, I want to be with my sister.” She squeezed Shayna's shoulder. "Now that we've finally been reunited." Shayna smiled.

Mikani shrugged. “I'll tell Hieron to bring us another wig.”

Klenia looked at Lena, Zara and Rina. “What about you?”

The three women shared a quick glance. “We will stay here and wait for our passports and safe-conducts.” the nurse then answered. “And we will go as far away as possible from the place you are. No offence, but being mugged once is good enough for me. I do not want to be involved in more of your shenanigans. Or to risk being mugged again.”

“It's not that terrible...” Klenia mumbled to herself.

Mikani grinned slyly. “Especially if it's with Shayna...”

Both women blushed awkwardly. Venia laughed.

“I thought we agreed to never mention this ever again!” Shayna exclaimed, her tanned skin becoming bright red.

“Don't pays attention to Klenia.” Mikani added. “I think that, when she was mugged for the first time of her life, she discovered that she liked it way more than she should. After all, this is how she met her current girlfriend.. And to say nothing of the roleplays she has in mind for them...”

Klenia tried to handgag her, but Mikani swiftly dodged. Venia was laughing even louder now.

Aster chuckled. “Then go, girls. There's a casino hotel waiting for you, full of women willing to donate their nice suits, dresses and car keys for our cause! It's like an all you can eat buffet!”
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

As you state up front, a dark chapter - though given the lack of killings, not as grim as it could have been. Emery can be tough to empathize with - her character is almost disturbingly serious.

But this chapter offsets that seriousness through the scenes with Judith, Deborah, and Abigail, and the string of luckless policewomen who happen their way. Those scenes are a ton of fun, with great banter (particularly Deborah's reaction to the sergeant's leather underwear) and a good sense of levity. Now that Reka and her team are out of play (for the moment), it helps to have another gang of wisecracking uniform thieves to punctuate the story.

I also liked the callback to the handball team and Klenia's obsession with them. Guess she wouldn't mind crossing paths with the Miami team... :D
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

aha I was thinking almost the same- but not crossing paths :)

Klenia's promise needs a spin-off story like "To Steal a Sports Team", maybe with many Handball teams involved ;)

this is a FANTASTIC new installment! reapeated ambushes, massive numbers of victims :D , killing Emery (well, almost) ...
rufusluciusivan

Ah yes, Emery. I tried to emphasize on her backstory to make her a little more complex. She faced a traumatic event that shattered her and twisted her into a bitter hate-filled person (I think this part leaves clear hints about what happened to her); and instead of receiving the help she needed, the people around her exploited her talents for their own gain. In a way, I consider Cérès just as despicable if not more, since she's the one who encouraged her in her dark way because having a merciless efficient assassin was useful, only to throw her under the bus after they won the war. However, by the time the story rolls in, Emery has indeed become a terrible human being and a lot of the responsibility for it still lays upon her shoulders. I wanted her to be a big threat and, therefore, I wanted people to be disturbed by her actions. In a way, I'm happy that she made you react that much, as her scenes were supposed to be disturbing and uncomfortable. Hopefully, I didn't succeed too well...

Judith's and her sisters' scenes were indeed much needed to ease the tension. Though if you found this part too dark, I reassure you. The next part will be lighter.
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”