Story 6: Rescue Operation

rufusluciusivan

Re: Rescue Operation

Post by rufusluciusivan »

Thanks! Yes, as you guessed it, this was a transition chapter and the climax will now begin.

As for the scene with Reka... Well, the survey (aka comments :D ) said that her group dynamic was well-liked. And so, they shall receive more... ;) I'm happy you liked it, as the scene wasn't planned at first and was added "on the spot".

Glad you liked the new character of Salomé. She (along with her brother and sister-in-law) are the last important characters to be introduced. You can expect to see them a lot in the next parts.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

I have to admit it, the most intriguing part is Klenia and Shayna teaming up ;) and the process of seduction

soon or later Shayna will "liberate" herself 8-) and become a ruthless but passionate clothes stealer

PS I adore Klenia , casually mugging "innocent" girls for their outfits
rufusluciusivan

“The woman there. The one with the red tatoos on her arms and platinum blond dye on her hair. She is a bodyguard working for a nightclub owner under the employ of the Solomons.” Judith said.

“I guess that she's trying to earn some pocket money...” Aster commented.

“We can't reach our car.” Mikani intervened. “She would spot us and call her pals.”

“Then it's settled. Get ready to go, I'll deal with her.” Aster decided.

The others shared a quick glance.

“If you insist...” Klenia finally said.

Aster quickly moved to walk around a group of parked cars in order to arrive in the woman's back.

“She's starting to get into it.” Klenia commented with a smile.

“For better or for worst.” Mikani couldn't help but add.

“What do you mean?”

“Not everyone can blossom in this kind of lifestyle as much as you, Klenia... Aster may be getting her old reflexes back, she may even be getting these adrenaline rushes she enjoyed so much, but the whole 'infiltration' business also cost her much.”

Klenia lost her smile. “Aaria and Dimitri...” she understood.

Mikani nodded. “She knew them long before we entered the picture, you and I. And now they're gone... I don't think she'll be completely happy if she just comes back to the whole 'mug and disguise' gig as if nothing happened.”

The woman had cropped hair and was leaning against the corner of the trunk of her car. She was wearing black leather boots, black leather pants, and a black tank top. She was smoking, as if to pretend she was waiting for someone. But Aster could see that she was watching both the parking lot and the entrance of the building in which they had been hiding. Good thing they had left through the emergency door and not the main entrance... While she was silently approaching her prey, Aster's mind couldn't help but wander.

What happened to her decision to retire and start a quiet peaceful life? To be done with all these missions? At first, she went to help her friends escape. Then, she chose to go with them and help them plan their rescue operation. Then, she took part in the infiltration. Now, she was volunteering to go in the front line and neutralize other women. And, once again, she was feeling the adrenaline rush she used to like so much. It was as if she was back before the civil war: when she, Aaria, Klenia and Mikani were infiltrating the Government's buildings, when Dimitri was planning with her.

As she said before, 'You can't fight who you are.' The best she could do now was to put her talents to good use. For a good cause.

Aster arrived behind the fake blond without being noticed by the latter. She's not very good. I guess this isn't for nothing that she was left behind to be a mere watcher. She took the stungun Judith gave her and pressed it against the back of the woman. The fake blond stiffened and dropped her cigarette. As she couldn't see the weapon, the sensation could be mistaken for that of a real gun.

“Don't scream.” Aster threatened. “Open the trunk.”

She was in the woman's blind spot, therefore the latter didn't try to fight back. This confirmed Aster's first impression: the fake blond may show off with her tatoos, but she was far from being as competent as she made herself look like. If the bodyguard had watched more police series, she may have tried to refuse. But she didn't guess what was going to happen once she complied...

As soon as the trunk was opened, Aster knocked the fake blond out with one jolt of the stungun. The woman fell face first inside the trunk. Aster quickly zip-tied her wrists behind her back, then grabbed her legs and moved her motionless body on her side, then folded the unconscious woman into a tight ball, with her knees almost pressed up against her breasts to make her fit inside. She zip-tied the woman's ankles, then quickly stuffed a neckerchief in her mouth, mentally taking note to herself that she would have to stop to make a better gag as soon as she could. Then she closed the trunk.

Then she motioned to the others that the coast was clear.

“Nice job.” Klenia commented.

“We will take her car too.” Aster said. “Having a second vehicle may come in handy...”

“Yep! By the way, can I ask you a favor?" the busty woman asked. "I need someone to drive me somewhere very quickly, the time for me to buy something.”

Salomé was relieved that the dinner was over. As soon as she could, she retreated in her bedroom. She wanted to be alone, away from Simon's cutting remarks.

However, her respite was short-lived. Ten minutes later, Jezebel was entering the room.

Salomé was combing her hair. She avoided her sister-in-law's gaze and continued her task. Jezebel positioned herself in her back.

A few long minutes passed in a tense silence.

“Are you going to kick me out eventually?” Jezebel finally asked.

Salomé kept silent.

“I mean, I am invading your personal space uninvited. You clearly do not appreciate. Yet, you do not say anything.”

Another silence.

Jezebel shook her head. “Look at yourself. You are so pathetic, it is not even funny anymore. Just disgusting. I had to fight tooth and nail to get this far. What did you do, besides being born in the right family? I would have killed to start my life with your advantage. And yet, you wasted it completely. Why are you so weak?”

Salomé put her comb down. A part of her really wanted to stick the comb in Jezebel's eye. But instead, she answered: “I have seen what Father did to others to get his power.”

“So?”

Salomé kept silent, scratching her right arm. Even now, she remembered the punishments. But at least Simon was on her side at the time. Now, he was the one belittling her.

"Useless." Jezebel scowled in disgust and turned to leave, but suddenly stopped halfway. “Also, by the way...” In her mirror, Salomé saw her take a small bottle of whisky from her handbag. Her smile was back. A vicious smile. The one she always had before doing something malicious for fun.

Salomé's eyes widened. She nervously tried to swallow, but found that she couldn't because her throat had suddenly become very dry.

Jezebel put the bottle of whisky on a nearby table. “Try to be a good hostess, and offer a drink to Dr. Jud. Do not keep everything for yourself.”

She chuckled and left without giving her sister-in-law the occasion to retort something.

Salomé clenched her left fist to prevent her hand from shaking.

Just one little glass... It couldn't hurt...

Almost reflexively, she got up and grabbed the bottle.

One sip... Just one sip...

Then she shook her head and, in a fit of anger, she threw the bottle on the floor, imagining she was throwing it at Jezebel's head. The bottle shattered. The alcohol spread on the parquet. Salomé resisted the urge to drink it on the ground.

Call a maid. Call a maid immediately and ask her to clean the floor, before you crack up. she told herself.

She quickly grabbed her cellphone.

While making the call, Salomé felt her anger towards Dr. Jud rise up.

I am cured... she said. Nothing but a charlatan...

Then she noticed the glass shards.

I could take one. I could take one, then I could...

“Lady Salomé. What is your request?” said the voice of Rebecca on the phone.

Salomé snapped out of her daydream. “Yes. I need your help. Can you come in my room?”

Doctor Lena Jud wasn't actually of Frontalier descent, as anyone could see because of her auburn hair tied into a loose bun and her green eyes. She descended from the people who lived in Frontier before the arrival of the Frontaliers' ancestors, and who integrated with their empire.

Currently, Lena was being driven to the Solomon manor. She had an appointment. The psychologist smoothened her blue knee-long skirt and matching shirt. She was feeling ill-at-ease.

Salomé Solomon was probably one of her most delicate patients. The recurring alcoholism that plagued her life wasn't the main problem. It was the consequence of the real problem: Salomé lived under the grip of her domineering brother and her contemptuous sister-in-law, who psychologically and emotionally abused her daily. She could never thrive as long as she lived with them. As a doctor, Lena would have wanted to help her. But, as a resident of Opal, she knew that she couldn't trifle with the Solomon Syndicate, and live.

Zara, her aid and girlfriend who seated next to her, sensed that she was tense. The black-haired woman caressed her knee with a smile full of promises. Lena couldn't help but smile back. Her girlfriend was looking stunning in her nurse outfit: white shirt, white pants and white shoes. She had cut her hair short, down to the neck. In Lena's opinion, it was looking good on her, as it highlighted her round face and dark eyes.

However, their moment was interrupted when the car suddenly stopped.

“Rina. What is going on?”

“Something is blocking the road.” her driver answered. Rina was a tall woman with the typical Frontalier physic: tall, tanned, with dark eyes and long braided dark brown hair decorated with colorful beads. She was dressed in a dark grey chauffeur uniform: cap, jacket, and pants.

Two cars were stationed on the road. Given the fact that two women were arguing in front of them, there must have been some kind of accident. Problem: this was a narrow isolated road. The only possible destination was the Solomon estate. The road was mostly used by the trucks carrying the products grown in their plantations. (As their usual guests came by helicopter.) At this moment of the day, there was nobody in sight. And it was difficult to get a signal. (Lena suspected the Solomons to use some kind of jammer to prevent their 'workers' from calling outside if they ever came across a cellphone.)

“Can we drive around? Simon Solomon is not the kind of man you can keep waiting.”

“Our car might get stuck if we leave the road. I will ask them if they can move their cars a little.”

Rina got out of the car and approached the two arguing women. She joined the conversation. One of the women asked her to come closer, to call her to witness the blunder of the other.

Zara put her hand back on Lena's thigh and gave her a quick kiss in the neck. “Now where were we?” she said.

Lena chuckled. “Zara! They may be able to see us!”

“Not a chance. They are way too busy with their... Wait! What are they doing?”

One of the women had grabbed Rina and was immobilizing her. The driver was taller, but even from afar Lena could see that the woman was stronger.

“They're assaulting Rina!”

Suddenly, someone opened the doors of the car. Lena and Zara found themselves facing two women wearing black clothes.

“Are you Lena Jud?” One of them asked. Her accent was weird. She had brown hair and, while her skin was tanned, it was lighter than the typical Frontalier. She was obviously a stranger.

“What... What do you want? If you are looking for money, I have...”

“We are not after your money. We are more interested in getting a ride to the Solomon estate.”

Lena opened and closed her mouth several times, unable to say something. The situation seemed so... unreal. Who in their right mind would want to go uninvited in the Solomon estate?

“We will also need your friend's clothes. And your driver's too.”

“Is this a joke?” Lena finally asked.

“No. We need to penetrate inside the Solomon estate. We can't replace you, but we certainly can take the place of your aid and your driver." She looked at Zara. "So please, would you kindly start stripping? We're on a tight schedule.”

Zara blushed because of her indignation.

“I will not let you touch her!” Lena growled.

The woman sighed and pulled out a stungun.

“We won't hurt you, but only if you cooperate. Your friend will simply stay with one of us to ensure your cooperation. I am sure you know who is employing you. We are not the bad guys here.”

“Emery.”

The former assassin stopped cleaning her knife. Cynthia, who was seated behind the radio, motioned her to come closer.

“You said you wanted to hear about anything that was out of the ordinary. I don't know if this counts, but I heard on the radio that Salomé Solomon's personal psychologist just called to say that she was going to be a little late. Apparently, this is the first time it happened.”

Emery smiled.

“This is them.” she simply said.

Her agents looked at each other.

Finally, Cleo spoke up: “Don't you think the clue is a little... too light?”

“That's exactly the reason why I know it's them. We make our move.”

Alone and unarmed, Lena, Zara and Rina couldn't do anything but comply. The nurse and the driver reluctantly took off their uniforms until they were left in their respective sets of red and green underwear.

Mikani, Klenia and Shayna then tied the two women's hands with ropes, with their wrists crossed behind their backs, and also bound their ankles just in case they tried to run. They stuffed their mouths with a big sponge each before using neckerchiefs as cleave-gags. Finally, the two prisoners were seated on the backseat of their second car, the one Aster stole to the fake blonde bodyguard – who was currently sleeping still bound and gagged inside the empty dumpster in which they threw her. They had stolen her clothes to leave her in bra and panties, reasoning that a underwear-clad woman would be less keen on running around in public calling for help. Lena Jud, for her part, was locked inside her own car, her cellphone and keys confiscated.

Judith finished slipping Rina's driving gloves on. “I guess that I play the part of the chauffeur again.” she said.

“Dr. Jud will go to her scheduled apointement and I will accompany her to watch her.” Aster said, now dressed in the nurse's outfit. “This will allow me to enter the manor and to create a diversion. In the worst case, I will use the old fire alarm trick. We can hide two persons in the trunk. Judith and they will go to the workers' building to find Venia.”

“I think Shayna should stay behind to watch the two women.” Judith said.

“No way! I want in!” Shayna exclaimed. “This is my sister we're talking about!”

“Your blond hair would be a liability.” Judith opposed. “It stands out too much.”

“But...”

“That's why I bought you these!” Klenia intervened. Beaming, she pulled out a black wig.

Judith frowned. “So this is why you asked Aster to drive you to a costume shop...”

“Yep!”

Mikani shrugged. “Then I guess I'll stay behind. I'm too short and too pale to pass myself for someone from these here parts anyway.”

“You sure?” Aster asked.

Mikani nodded. “Sometimes, you just have to pass the baton.”

Aster didn't answer.

“Then let's go!” Klenia said. “After Judith drops Aster and the good doctor, she will have to park the car in the property's garage. Then she'll let us out of the trunk and the three of us will find Venia.”

“Once you have found her, and secured a way to escape, send me a message. There are trucks in the nearby hangar. We will use one of them. Hopefully, by the time you're done, I will be able to create a diversion.”

“Understood.”

They all moved to go to their positions.

Judith took the time to quickly send a message with her cellphone before following the others.

Only Mikani noticed.

Getting into in the estate was a rousing success. The guards were used to Jud's frequent visits and didn't question why her assistant was different, nor did they bother to check the car. The psychologist didn't try anything funny. She didn't want to put Zara and Rina in danger. After dropping off Lena and Aster in front of the main entrance, Judith parked the car in the parking and, after making sure there was no witness, she let Klenia and Shayna out. The tall woman wasted no time briefing them.

“Here is the plan. I will secure the surroundings. I ask you to scout the buildings. Start with the truck hangar and neutralize any guard you might find there, because we will have to use one of the vehicles stationed here to escape. Then, try to find the woman you are looking for. You can acquire a disguise if you want.”

Judith waited for them to nod, then left them and quickly disappeared in the night.

Shayna took a deep breath.

“There we go. Finally. After two years...”

“Let's do it.”

“Tell me what I have to know about this Salomé Solomon. What's her problem?” Aster asked while they were waiting in a room of the luxuous manor until a valet would lead them to Simon's sister.

“Alcoholism.” Lena answered. “She does not take part in her family's... business because she does not approve it, but she is not brave enough to fight against her family, so she drinks to drown her guilt. She also grew up under the dominion of an abusive father and now she lives under the grip of her older brother, and they did everything they could to shatter her self-respect.”

“Physically abusive?”

“The father, most likely. The brother, probably not. But he is very controlling. I think he likes the idea of his sister being completely dependent on him...”

“Pretty messed up.”

“Let us just say that their father's abuse did a lot of bad things. He turned his son into his carbon copy, and his daughter into a desponent wreck.”

Aster kept silent. She hadn't forgotten that her goal was to create a distraction. For now, she was contemplating several means.

A valet entered the room. “I apologize, but Master Simon will not have the time to see you. Some urgent matters are keeping him occupied. He asked me to lead you to his sister immediately.”

Lena nodded and gave a fake smile. “That is perfect.”

Klenia didn't like her new set of clothes: they were too tight around the chest area. She was now clad in the uniform worn by the guards and overseers of the 'workers' of the estate. Beige short-sleeved uniform jackets with red ties, and black shoulders and collars. Dark brown pants held in place by two dark brown straps. Black working shoes. Dark beige square topped military hat.

“Wish these had miniskirts instead of pants...” she commented.

“Seems highly unpractical to me.” Shayna commented while lacing up her shoes.

“Perhaps. But it seemed like a logical match.”

Shayna rolled her eyes, but smiled. “Maybe in some weird fetish-fueled anime. Can we go now?”

“Of course!”

Klenia quickly checked the inside of the overseers room one last time.

Two unconcious women in their lingerie were lying on the floor, their long hair down. The first had brown hair and was clad in light pink panties and bra; the second had dark blond hair and was clad in light blue panties and bra. Both were bound: hands and ankles tied with ropes. A cloth gag was keeping them quiet, helding in place the narcotic-soaked rags stuffed inside their mouths. Half asleep, the two women were moaning and mumbling in their gags. Klenia chose to not be gentle when knocking them out because she could see that they weren't from Frontier. These two were clearly from Utopia, yet they were assisting the Solomons.

“Alright. Let's go! First stop, the truck hangar.”

Under the cover of the night, Judith arrived near the fence. First, she checked if it was still electrified. She had sabotaged the generator alimenting this section, but she didn't want to take any risk. Once she was satisfied, she started to cut part of the fence with a wire cutter. She called:

“Abbie? Debbie?”

No answer.

Where are they now? I swear if Deborah made a stop again to buy some useless...

“Judie, is that you?” Abigail's voice asked in the dark.

“Of course! Who else could it be?”

“No need to be mean, big sis. We're just checking.” Deborah retorted

“Help me with the fence. You have to be inside before the patrol passes by.”

Between the three of them, cutting enough wires to open a way was easy. Soon, Abigail and Deborah were inside. Both were dressed in dark grey camouflage clothes.

“Perfect.” Judith said. “The strangers are already in position. Just try to stay out of their way this time. We need them to create a distraction while you enter the house and grab as much loot as you can.”

“We may trigger the alarm though.” Abigail said. “Won't that put your friends in danger?”

Judith shrugged. “They are not my friends.” The tall woman was working for Hieron to make ends meet, but she wasn't particularly loyal to him. While she didn't want to actively sabotage his little rescue operation, she knew that her true loyalties lied towards her family. She and her two sisters made a lot of money with their latest heists. After tonight, they would have enough money to live the rest of their lives in luxury.

“Although, try to not be noticed. We don't need them to fail in order to succeed, so try to not put them in danger. But remember that if things get rough, our own safety is the priority.”

“How do we get disguises?” Deborah asked.

“You will be spoilt for choice.” Judith answered. “Jezebel Solomon requests that as much employees as possible are women.”

“Not Simon Solomon?”

“No. In fact, his personal servants and bodyguards are probably the only men around here.”

Deborah and Abigail exchanged a look.

“Let's grab a couple of guards on patrol.” Abigail said.

Mikani quickly found that waiting while everyone else was conducting the operation was even more stressful than taking part in it. She couldn't know what was going on, if things were going smoothly or if her friends needed help.

And she had noticed Judith sending a text in their back.

She kept telling to herself that it was nothing, just her imagination. The tall woman probably was keeping in touch with Hieron. But she couldn't help but think that something was very wrong.

Zara and Rina moaned in their gags, but Mikani ignored them. She shouldn't have...

Suddenly, she felt a hand being clamped over her mouth and the cold blade of a knife on her throat.

There were two guards in the truck hangar. The first had shoulder-long auburn hair with a long fringe, the second had ash brown hair cut into a boyish haircut. They were wearing the same uniforms as the two guards Klenia and Shayna previously mugged. The two young women were probably new recruits, hence why they had been given the boring tedious night shift. Still, they seemed to make the most of it, and were happily chatting with each other. Klenia couldn't understand what they were saying, but the conversation seemed pleasant. Of course, their lack of vigilance would have been heavily reprimanded by their superiors. That is, if there was any superior left to reprimand them... They were all probably already enjoying their day-off.

Although, the rest of your night is going to be way less pleasant. Nothing personal.

Klenia waited until both women were distracted, then she striked.

The first young guard, the one with auburn hair, didn't even have the time to understand what was going on. A quick neck cop put her out of commission. With a small grunt, she crumbled on the floor. The second guard opened big wide eyes and grabbed the walkie-talkie on her belt. A mistake. This left an opening for Klenia. A punch in the stomach made the guard bend in half, tears in her eyes, then a second punch sent her to slumberland. She fell next to her comrade, out like a light.

“Clean and quick. Just as I like them.”

“I was thinking we may have kept one conscious to lead us to Venia...” Shayna intervened.

“We don't speak their language anyway. We'll find something else.”

They quickly dragged the two young women in a corner of the hangar. Klenia pulled out plastic cuffs.

“A huge thanks to Judith, who gave me these...”

“Why didn't you use them on the two previous guards?”

“Because rope is less comfortable.”

They used two plastic cuffs on each guard, made them breath sleeping gas, then gagged them with several layers of tape. Finally, the two young women were hidden behind piles of tires, resting against each other.

Klenia then looked at the trucks.

“Say. You could carry a lot of people with just a few of these beauties, right?”

“I guess so. Why?”

“Let's just say it's giving me ideas... Do you remember where the closest Utopian ambassy is?”

“In Opal.”

“Interesting...”

“Klenia, I don't like your smile.”

Mikani remained still. A mere wrong move, and her throat would be slit. She could hear Zara and Rina stir and mewl in their gags. Apparently, the newcomers didn't look like saviors to them. Mikani could see several women, dressed in guard uniforms. She counted five, including the one holding a knife against her throat. Why would guards of the estate bother to use knives, or choose to not call the Solomons to warn them? Mikani found their behaviour very strange.

Then, Emery appeared in her field of vision and she understood everything.

“I can say that you will have made me run...” the black-haired woman commented. Her eyes were as cold as ever, but there was a small glimmer of light that made Mikani shiver. Emery then looked around, and twitched her nose in disgust when she saw the bound Zara and Rina.

“And where are your friends?” she asked.

Mikani kept silent. She didn't want to risk giving away informations, even involuntarily.

One of Emery's agents, a buxom blonde with a sweet smile, stepped forward. “I can make her talk if you want. I promise I'll be gentle...”

This made Mikani shiver even more.

Emery contemplated the proposition, then shrugged. “No need to waste our time with her. If she's alone, it means they are inside the estate now.”

“Then we are too late...” commented another woman of Emery's squad, a cute short woman with pigtails.

“Who said we were?” Emery retorted. “With these uniforms, we can infiltrate the estate, can't we?”

“Hieron said you couldn't...” Mikani started to exclaim.

“Hieron is not here.” Emery cut her matter-of-factly. “There's only me.”

“Why do you even want to do it? What could you gain for it?”

“Settle the score once and for all. Also, achieve some personal satisfaction.”

“Salomé is waiting for you.” the valet said while pointing at the door.

Aster found the man's way of speaking about his boss' sister surprisingly disrespectful. He opened the door for them, but didn't follow. Aster and Lena entered Salomé's room alone.

“Remember to play the part.” Aster quickly whispered to Lena.

The psychologist was pale, but nodded. Aster didn't intend to follow through on her threats, but Dr. Jud didn't need to know that.

Salomé Solomon was seated behind her desk, nervously playing with the loose golden bracelet on her left wrist. A maid was cleaning the floor.

Once she arrived at the center of the room. Aster frowned. She could smell the scent of alcohol. Dr. Jud smelled it too.

“Salomé. Have you been drinking?” she asked.

“No.”

Given the description Lena gave her just before, Aster was surprised to see Salomé glare at the psychologist with unhidden hostility.

“Then what is that smell?”

“Jezebel's gift. I threw the bottle on the ground.” Salomé explained, still fidgeting with her bracelet. “I wanted to throw it on her face.” she suddenly added.

Lena was frowning. Apparently, Salomé wasn't behaving as usual. At the other side of the room, the maid – having finished her job – quickly slipped away.

“Salomé... You seem upset. Why don't we just sit down and talk about...”

“You said I was cured.” the woman cut her. “You said it, and yet when Jezebel pulled out her bottle, all I could think about was drinking it. If Rebecca hadn't been so quick to come by and clean, I would have licked the alcohol on the floor like a dog!” She angrily grabbed the nearest object on her desk, and threw it in Lena's direction. However, she completely miscalculated her throwing and the trinket missed the psychologist by a wide margin.

Lena swallowed. “Maybe it would be wise for you to start taking some medicaments...” She tried to approach her patient.

“Don't come near me! I don't want to take your brain-sucking medicine!”

Lena stopped.

This is bad... Aster thought. She was planning to take advantage of Jud's session to wait until Klenia was ready for her to create a distraction in the house. Then she would neutralize the psychologist and her patient, and sneak off to wreak havoc. The easiest way would have been to trigger the smoke detector. However, things were already going out of control.

Luckily, Salomé's bout of anger faded as quickly as it happened. She collapsed on her chair.

“And who is this woman?” Salomé asked while looking at Aster. “She's not your usual assistant.”

Uh... Oh...

“Zara is sick.” Lena quickly improvised. “She is her replacement.”

“She's not from Frontier.”

Shit!

This time, Lena hesitated too long before answering. “Well... It's because...”

Salomé frowned. Even she could realize that something was wrong.

Aster estimated the distance between her and Salomé. If she tried to neutralize Salomé, she couldn't reach the woman in time. The latter would have the time to scream and call for help. She mentally cursed herself. She was realizing now that she had underestimated Salomé. There was a difference between apathy and stupidity. Salomé was maybe apathetic, but she wasn't dumb. She was still the sister of a mob boss, and knew of the underworld worked or what its threats were.

“She's not a nurse, isn't she?” Salomé said.

SHIT!

Klenia and Shayna were now silently roaming the corridors of the dormitories. Apparently, outside of the four they neutralized, there were no other awoken guards in the complex.

Then, suddenly, they noticed a lit corridor.

“This way...” Shayna whispered.

With some luck, they were going to find someone who could guide them...

When she saw the woman, Klenia knew that she had lucked out.

The brunette was cleaning the floor with a mop. Her skin was tanned, but not as dark as Frontaliers. She wasn't dressed in the same uniform as the guards, nor was she dressed in the usual clothes worn by cleaning staff. She was clad in a dull misshapen grey t-shirt and pants of similar low-quality. More importantly, her countenance was not that of someone who had a bright future in front of her. She was looking tired and desperate.

Klenia sneaked behind the woman and quickly hand-gagged her.

“Keep quiet. I'm here to help you.”

This wasn't technically true, but she didn't mind a little white lie. After all, she could – and would – easily bring this woman along with Venia. In fact, these trucks had given her an idea. She was starting to come up with a plan...

“Do you understand me? Nod if you do.”

The woman's eyes widened when she heard Klenia's words, then she nodded, proof that she understood her. She was from Utopia. This was what ultimately convinced Klenia that this woman wasn't an employee of the Solomons. She was one of their slaves.

“I will take off my hand. Don't scream, okay?”

Another frantic nod.

Klenia released the woman and took a step back to allow her to turn around. In the dim light, she could see that the worker had brown hair tied into a loose bun to get them out of her face, tanned skin, a tall figure, and green eyes. She was from Okéanis. On her left wrist, there was a bracelet showing her worker number. Shayna positioned herself next to her girlfriend.

“Are there any guards in the building?” Klenia asked.

“Two in the overseers room, two in the hangar.”

These four have already been dealth with... Klenia thought. “No one else?”

“No. They don't have to post many guards anyway. We can't leave the estate because of the fence.”

“We are looking for someone. You will guide us. What's your name?”

“Mary.”

Suddenly, when she heard the name, Shayna moved in front of Klenia, with an aggressive stance. Afraid, Mary took a step back.

“Shayna?”

“Don't trust her. I recognize her now. She used to work for the Callianass Cartel! She kidnapped women for them.”

The brown-haired woman paled. “I don't work fo them anymore!” she quickly said. “I swear! They sent me here because I wanted to stop being part of their shady deals! I... I really regret what I've done!”

“More like you regret that Calypso gave you a taste of your own medicine!” Shayna retorted.

“No! I...”

Klenia ordered the Okéani to keep quiet.

“I don't trust her. I'm sure she's lying.” Shayna objected.

“Probably. But she's also our best chance at finding Venia. And I don't think it's in her best interests to double-cross us. She wants to escape the estate just as much as we want.”

Mary frantically nodded. “I can be useful! I swear! I'd rather be in prison than here. I have seen what Jezebel likes to do with her workers on her free time...” She shuddered at the thought.

Klenia seriously doubted that Mary was going to let herself be put in prison without trying to escape once they would be out of the estate, but she could see that her fear about this 'Jezebel' woman was genuine. Therefore, as long as they were inside the estate, she knew that she could trust her. However, as soon as they would be outside, she would have to watch her back. Behind the fear and frantic displays of loyalty, Klenia could see in Mary's eyes the glimmer of calculation that almost all Okéanis shared.

What am I doing? Collaborating with an Okéani backstabber? But Mary was her best chance to find Venia in time, or even to put in motion the plan she was imagining.

“You will lead us to Venia Iven.” Klenia decided.

Mary nodded warily. “Of course.”

“Klenia... Are you sure?” Shayna whispered to her.

“We'll keep an eye on her. You will have to trust me on this one.”

Although Klenia knew she was taking a big risk. But she didn't have a choice.

Author's note: Another update, finally. Articulating the diffrerent stories for the climax proves to be more time-consuming than expected, but hopefully I may update the story at least another time before the end of the month.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Wow, this is amazing, sorry it's taken me a while to catch up, but yes I have really enjoyed all of this and I think you've wrote a fantastic story. Can't wait to see what happens next. :D :D
rufusluciusivan

Thanks a lot! It's always nice to receive comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I hope the final parts won't disappoint you.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

Another part ratcheting up the tension, and helping things continue to come together. Great scene with Lena, Zara, and Rina - lots of personality for such minor characters.

And the return of Mary! I didn't expect to see her again, but I'm certainly glad for it. Her previous appearance was all-too-brief, and I was sad that we couldn't have seen more of her kidnapping adventures before Calypso ended her career. Hopefully, she can get back on track by this story's end. ;)
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

the climax is coming! :D
rufusluciusivan

esercito sconfitto wrote:the climax is coming! :D
Yes, but the scenes building up to it keep turning out to be longer than expected when I write them.

As for Mary, only time will tell what she will be able to achieve. one thing's certain: it won't be easy. Klenia and Shayna aren't the kind of people to forget what she did, given their history with the Cartel. ;)
rufusluciusivan

“Hey! Psst!”

“Uh?” The brown-haired guard quizzically looked around her. Her night shift was far from being over, and the boredom was dulling her senses. The noise was coming from some nearby bushes. Intrigued, she approached.

Two hands grabbed her and she disappeared in the vegetation. A few punches were enough to subdue her, then Deborah made her breath a good dose of narcotics with a soaked rag, enough to knock her out for a few hours.

Abigail sighed. She was looking disgusted. “Did she really just fall for the 'Hey! Psst!' trick? Where do they hire these buffoons anyway?”

“It's probably the b-team.” Deborah answered. “Not that I'm complaining. I counted the minutes and we're behind schedule.”

“Then take her clothes. We have to reach the safe in Simon's office before the strangers enact phase two of their plan and everything go to shi...”

“Understood.” Deborah got to work. “By the way, have you noticed that the guards outside the fence are wearing light kaki uniforms while the guards inside the fence are wearing dark blue uniforms?”

Abigail rolled her eyes. Then she straightened the collar of her uniform jacket. A woman was lying on her stomach at her feet. Another unlucky guard, who lost her dark blue uniform ten minutes ago. She had long braided hair, a small nose, a heart-shaped face, and a curvaceous body. Her nails were painted red. Abigail suspected she had been hired for her looks. She had heard about Jezebel's... tastes. The guard was clad in her underwear: red boxers and black lacy bra. Her hands were taped behind her back and her shapely legs were frog-tied with zip-ties. She was gagged with the same silver duct-tape, her mouth filled with her socks. In the bushes, she was invisible.

Deborah finished stripping the second guard, who was wearing plain white underwear with a floral pattern. This one wasn't much attractive. She had probably not been hired for her looks, but given her lackluster performance, Abigail had serious doubts about her competence. She shrugged to sweep aside her interrogations. While Deborah was disguising herself, Abigail quickly bound and gagged the second guard. She wrapped her hands behind her back, palm against palm, bended her legs and tied them. Then, she realized she was out of duct tape.

"Debbie! You forgot to buy new supplies again!" she complained.

Abigail was struggling to put on the pants. "Sorry!"

"It's easy to be sorry! I'd rather like you to not forget it!"

"Just improvise."

Abigail muttered to herself, but then got an idea. She took Deborah's discarded camouflage clothes and, with a knife, she cut enough pieces of cloth to fill the guard's mouth and to fashion a makeshift cleave-gag.

"Come on, Abbie... It was one of my favorites... That's low."

"You'll buy another one with your share of the Solomons' money." Abigail answered while she was opening the unconscious brunette's to fill it with as many pieces of cloth as she could.

Deborah smiled again. "I'll buy at least ten. Or perhaps twenty."

"Then, keep focused on our goal." Abigail, having finished gagging the poor girl, let go of her head that softly landed on the first guard's exposed back.

"Safe room, here we go!" Deborah said.

After the end of the civil war, Emery took a lot of time to train herself in order to be able to walk and run in spite of her wounded leg. Now, even though she wasn't able to fight using martial arts, and would never be again, she could walk and run almost as fast as an able-bodied person. However, her heavy limp was very noticeable, and she had to be careful in order to not attract attention.

Emery had chosen to infiltrate the estate by crawling under the barb wires and the fence, after sabotaging the nearest electric generator, instead of taking the risk to pass through the gate. Now that they were inside, all she had to do was find Aster and Klenia. There were two places where they could be. Either the main manor or the workers' compound. However, Emery knew that she had to be careful. She was sure that one of her agents was a mole, Cleo most likely. She had to keep a close eye on her.

“We will remain together for now.” the black-haired woman said.

The others nodded. Emery was certain that she saw a glimmer of disappointment in Cleo's eyes. Well, if you were intending to find an occasion to warn Aster, get ready for disappointment... All she had to do now was to wait for Cleo to betray herself.

“I could neutralize the patrols to cover our escape.” Agria proposed.

“Good thinking.”

Emery was confident in Agria's skill. She was perfectly able to take out these amateur guards by herself. From her part, Emery would finally deal with Aster and Klenia once and for all.

“Let's move.”

Salomé quizzically tilted her head to the side. “So if you're not a nurse, what are you? Have you been sent by David Sisera to murder us, Simon and I?” she asked.

The question was so direct that it left Aster and Lena speechless a few seconds.

Curiously, Salomé wasn't panicking or screaming. She wasn't even trying to reach for a hidden alarm button. Aster was surprised by the expression on the woman's face. There was fear, of course, but there was mostly a mixture of apathy and resignation.

“No!” Aster reflexively answered.

Salomé seemed puzzled. “Then who are you working for?” she insisted.

Aster hesitated. She wasn't used to her victims reacting the way Salomé was. Usually, they were afraid, or trying to fight back, or too surprised to do anything. Salomé simply... didn't care.

Her mind was racing, trying to find a way to get out of this predicament. Then she remembered Lena's words. “She does not take part in her family's... business because she does not approve it, but she is not brave enough to fight against her family, so she drinks to drown her guilt.” Perhaps the best way out was to tell the truth?

“I'm here to free one of your slaves.”

This time, Salomé winced. “They are not my slaves...”

“Semantics. I want to free one of the workers locked up here.”

“Oh.”

When the tall woman didn't react with outrage, Aster knew she had made the right choice by telling her the truth. However, Salomé didn't add anything else. No question, no statements. With her eyes wide open, she reminded Aster of an owl gazing at a light.

“So I would be grateful if you didn't try to interfere with my plans.” she added.

Salomé shrugged. “It's logical.”

“I will also have to leave you tied up... You know, to make sure your brother doesn't suspect that you allowed me to leave...”

Once again, Salomé didn't react with outrage. Instead, she made an apologetic expression, as if she was embarassed that she didn't think of something so obvious. “I guess this is the only outcome...”

Then, on the spur of the moment, Aster retorted: “There could be another one.”

Salomé frowned in confusion.

Aster added: “You could help me.” She didn't understand why she made the proposition. A hunch, probably. She wasn't half-bad at reading people and she hadn't forgotten what Lena told her about Salomé.

The tall woman hesitated, fidgeting with her golden bracelet.

“I don't think Simon would approve.” she finally said.

Aster took the time to find the right words before asking: “And you, do you approve of what he's doing?”

Salomé lowered her eyes.

“No...”

“Then why don't you do something?”

The tall woman kept silent.

Aster waited a moment, but it soon became clear that Salomé wasn't going to answer.

“You don't have to live in his shadow all your life, you know?” she insisted.

This time, Salomé reacted. She raised her head. Aster decided to push her advantage.

“We're not going to stay in Frontier. As soon as we've freed the person we are looking for, we will leave the country. We can perfectly bring another person with us... Away from him.” She knew that Hieron would welcome with open arms a first-hand witness of the Simon Solomon's shady operations.

While she was talking, Aster observed Salomé's face. The tall woman was contemplating her proposition with barely disguised avidity.

Salomé was afraid that the latest events were a dream. Or perhaps a hallucination. Have I finally gone mad? she thought to herself. But this seemed real. And she realized that, for the first time in her life, she had an escape route.

I could be free... Free from here... Free from him...

Salomé was afraid, and she knew she couldn't flee alone. But this woman seemed competent. Maybe betting on her was her best chance...

“Okay.”

The fake nurse seemed surprised by her blunt answer.

Stupid! Salomé thought to herself. Not even able to talk right! She struggled to find the right words to express her feelings.

“I... I just want to be free.”

The fake nurse nodded. Apparently, she was satisfied. Salomé smiled sheepishly.

“Call me Aster.” the fake nurse said.

“So, what do we do now?” Lena asked sullenly.

“First, you will have to change clothes.”

Salomé looked at her plain beige dress. “Why?”

“Because you'll have a hard time running around in a dress. Do you have pants?”

Salomé avoided her gaze. “Simon says it's improper.”

Aster sighed. “Then we will have to find you something.” She thought a little. “Are there women among the security guards inside the house?”

Salomé nodded.

“Then you should call one.”

Salomé frowned. “Why would I...” Then she understood and her eyes widened. “Oh! I see.” She scratched her neck awkwardly, then moved to grab a intercom.

“If possible, call one you don't like.” Aster intervened. “As you can easily guess, she won't give us her clothes willingly.”

Jordane had let out a groan of contempt when Salomé called her on the intercom. The security guard despised the weak-willed passive woman, just like almost everyone in the manor.

The brown-haired guard arrived in front of Salomé's bedroom and quickly smoothed her dark blue uniform. She opened the door.

“I'm here. What do you want?”

Jordane wasn't afraid to be disrespectful towards Salomé, even though she was the boss' sister. She knew that she would never dare to snitch to her brother.

“To teach you some manners.” a voice behind her retorted.

Jordane's eyes widened. This wasn't Salomé's voice! Before she could do anything, an arm encircled her throat, cutting off her oxygen.

Once Jordane was unconcious, Aster wasted no time stripping the brown-haired woman down to her plain grey underwear. Salomé smiled during the entire operation. Aster gave the discarded uniform to the tall woman.

“Here, put her clothes on.”

“In front of you?”

“Does it bother you? We're between women.”

Salomé hesitated, but then started to undress. While she was busy changing herself, Aster gagged Jordane with scarves from Salomé's wardrobe, and took cords from the curtains to tie the guard's wrists and ankles.

Lena was quietly observing her. The psychologist had been overtaken by events, and was now waiting on the side.

“What about you? Do you want to continue?” Aster asked her while binding the security guard's wrists behind her back.

“I don't have much choice.” Lena bitterly answered.

“For that, I apologize. I wish I didn't have to drag other people in this operation, but sometimes you don't have the choice.” Aster paused the time to finish a complex knot. The she added: “You may have guessed by now that I'm working for someone. He will make sure that you and your friends receive a generous compensation.” She thought that it couldn't hurt to take extra precautions to ensure that the psychologist wouldn't try to sabotage their mission later.

“Yes, if we escape the Solomon Syndicate's reprisals.”

“There are places the Syndicate can't reach.”

Lena kept silent.

Once Jordane was secured, Aster dragged her across the room and hid her under the bed. Hopefully, the frame would muffle her attemps to be heard once she would wake up.

Salomé had finished dressing up in the dark blue uniform. It wasn't perfect, but it would do it for now.

“Very well. Then, let's not waste any time. I have a plan. Salomé, can you take me to your brother's office?”

Aster hoped that Judith, Klenia and Shayna were almost ready, because they wouldn't be able to keep a low profile for long.

The door of the bedroom opened.

“Salomé.” said a woman's voice. “Why did you call Jordane? What are you doing this time?”

The tall woman froze. “J... Jezebel?”

Mikani, Zara, and Rina had been left under the care of Cynthia. The short woman didn't bother to untie the two underwear-clad women, therefore they clearly understood that she wasn't on their side. She simply forced Mikani to sit next to them. Currently, she was fidgeting with a knife. Her posture was laid-back, but her gaze was alert.

“Hieron won't like you girls disobeying his orders.” Mikani said, trying to make her doubt. “This time, Emery has gone too far. Your career is over if you don't stop her.”

“And I will gag you with your socks if you don't shut up right now.”

Mikani wisely kept quiet.

Then, Cynthia rose up. Someone was approaching her, although Mikani couldn't see who it was from where she was seated. Still, Cynthia didn't seem worried. She knew the person.

“Why are you back?” she asked. “Are there other instructions? Does Emery want us to silence these three?”

Mikani shuddered at the thought. Was she going to die... like this?

“Yes, there was a change of plan.”

What happened next took Mikani by surprise. As well as Cynthia. She heard the noises of a brief but brutal scuffle.

“What the?”

Then, a woman entered her field of vision. She recognized another woman of Emery's team. The one called Agria. She was dragging an unconscious Cynthia by the shoulders.

Mikani didn't understand what was going on anymore.

“What are you doing?”

Agria untied her. “Emery always suspected that one of her agents was a mole working for Hieron.” she explained at the same time. “She suspected Cleo, hence why she kept a close eye on her, but she never figured out the truth. There wasn't one mole. There were two. Cleo and I were tasked with keeping an eye on her.”

Once freed, Mikani massaged her sour wrists.

Agria quickly glanced at the unconscious Cynthia.

“We don't have much time if we want to help your friends. Take her guard uniform: this will come in handy to infiltrate the estate. Then tie her up. I don't want her to warn Emery.”

“Are you sure? Isn't she your teammate?”

“She will know that there is nothing personal. I'm following Hieron's orders. And trust me, I've seen how Cynthia acted during escape training. She won't mind at all being bound, on the contrary.”

Great. A kinky assassin. Mikani thought.

“Be quick. In the meantime, I will talk with these two.” Agria said while pointing Zara and Rina.

“What do you mean by 'talk with'?”

“This isn't a code for 'I will kill them.', if that's what you fear. I know their language. They may have to play a part in the next events, and I will tell them what to do.”

Agria moved without waiting for her reply.

I guess that's how a professional works... True, Aster and her team were pros at what they were doing, but they also had a more laid-back attitude. Special combattants were trained to be no-nonsense and straight to the point. Still, who am I to complain when she saved my butt? Mikani wasn't going to question the miracle that just happened, just to take advantage of it to rescue her friends.

Mikani quickly stripped the unconscious Cynthia. Under her guard uniform, the short woman was wearing bright hot pink undergarments: a sports bra and boyshorts. An odd choice for a trained government black op, but who was she to judge? Mikani used her own bonds to tie Cynthia's wrists and ankles, then decided to apply some poetic justice and fill the small woman's mouth with her own black socks before fashioning a makeshit cloth-gag. She also blindfolded her, reasoning that it would be harder for her to try to escape if she couldn't see where she was.

Agria came back. She had freed Zara and Rina.

“They will wear your friends' discarded clothes, and wait here in the car until we're back. Or until I tell them to leave.” the special combattant said.

“Do you think they will cooperate?”

“If they don't, their friend Lena is dead. I will tell Emery that she's a loose end.”

Mikani didn't like the idea of threatening two bystanders, but she also didn't want them to raise the alarm. She however made a mental note to carefully watch Agria. The special combattant was maybe on their side, but her methods were closer to Emery's than to Aster's.

“We'll leave Cynthia in the car with them. They will watch her.” Agria continued. “We return to the estate to help your friends escape.”

Mikani nodded. “Sounds like a good idea to me.”

Although she didn't tell it, she was feling apprehensive. Emery wasn't the kind of opponent who could be taken lightly.

At least, we know about Emery's threat and we can act accordingly... It's not like we had to deal with enemies we weren't aware of...

“I'm not feeling it, boss... If the Solomons find out, they will have our heads...”

Lucina was looking ill-at-ease. It was probably because Selena had been left behind to watch the car and secure their escape, leaving Lucina with no one to serve as her foil and punchline. Or, more simply, it was perhaps because they were currently infiltrating the estate of a powerful mob boss. Reka guessed it was a combination of both.

“Dressing up as bounty hunters had always been step 1 of the operation.” Reka retorted. “A mere means to approach the estate, observe and get our hands on better disguises if we spotted a clue of Aster's team's presence.”

“But...”

“You have seen this guardhouse just like me, right? Hogtied women in their underwear. This is pretty much their calling card.”

Therefore, Reka had decided that they needed to enter the estate and kill the Rebels. They had gotten their hands on a patrol and swiftly beaten the lights out of them. Once stripped, the unconscious guards were restrained and concealed in some nearby bushes.

“I know.” Lucina said. “Although... Don't you find it a little strange that they stripped six guards?” she insisted. “According to Max's informants, they are only five.”

“So what you're saying is that there is another group of uniform-stealing women on the loose? What would be the odds?” Amara intervened.

“I...”

“Keep your little routine for when you are with Selena. With us, it's best for you to keep your mouth shut.” Amara cut her.

“Hush you two. I don't want someone to notice we're not speaking their language.”

“Where do we go?”

“The workers' compound. This is where they will most likely go first.”

Jezebel Solomon was indeed a stunning woman, but she also had an air of haughtiness that just made Aster want to punch her.

“Salomé. Why are you dressed as a guard?” Jezebel asked, frowning.

I have to act fast, before she overcomes her surprise... Aster thought to herself.

“I will have to neutralize her...” she whispered to Salomé.

“Neutralize?”

The tall woman's eyes widened and she looked blank.

“I'm sorry.” Aster added. “I know she's part of your family. I'll try to...”

Suddenly, with a manic scream of rage, Salomé charged. This took Aster and Lena completely by surprise, therefore they couldn't stop her in time.

Jezebel was stronger and in better shape, but the sheer surprise of witnessing her sister-in-law do something cost her some precious seconds. Salomé tackled her and the two women rolled on the floor.

Salomé wasn't bothering with an organized assault. She was simply hitting Jezebel with her bare fists everywhere she could. However, once she had recovered from her surprise, Jezebel easily retook the advantage and tried to immobilize her.

“That's enough now!” she said.

Salomé bit her hard in the right arm. Jezebel groaned in pain. With one swift movement, she repelled her sister-in-law. But the damage was done. There was a deep tooth mark on her otherwise perfect skin.

“That's it! You good-for-nothing drunkard!”

The two women were completely ignoring their surroundings. In their eyes, the only things that mattered was themselves. Themselves, and settling once and for all years of building distaste and hatred.

Jezebel punched Salomé and pinned her on the ground. Salomé immediately retaliated by scratching Jezebel's face with her nails. While it wasn't enough to make her stop, it left long red marks that would take days to fade away.

This time, Jezebel lost it.

“I will end you!” she spat, her pulpous lips contorted into a hateful grimace. She grabbed Salomé's throat and started to squeeze.

Aster smashed a vase on Jezebel's head. The woman blinked a few times, with an empty stare. Then she crumbled, out like a light.

“What was that for?” Aster exclaimed.

Salomé got free and moved her senseless sister-in-law aside, fighting to catch her breath.

“Finally... Finally... Finally...” she repeated. The tall woman was giggling.

Great... I'm teaming up with a nutcase... Also, in hindsight, it was logical for her to try to vent years of repressed hatred for the woman. They simply got lucky that the fight didn't attract any attention. I will have to watch her carefully.

Between the unpredictable Salomé and Lena who might still betray her, Aster thought to herself that this may be the direst predicament in which she's ever been.

Mary stopped in front of a door.

“This is her room.”

Klenia smiled. “Perfect.” She turned towards Shayna, and was surprised to see that her girlfriend wasn't looking happy. She was looking apprehensive. “Shayna? What's wrong?” Of all the emotions Shayna could have had, this was the one Klenia expected the less.

“I... I don't know what to say to her...” Shayna explained. “I've waited for this moment for more than two years... And now, I don't know what to say...”

Klenia grabbed her shoulder. “I will come with you.”

Shayna smiled lightly. She was reassured.

"Let's go."

Amara had been sent to quickly scout the entrance of the compound, and she came back with good news.

“The two guards in the overseers room are bound and gagged, and unconscious. And in their underwear.”

Reka smiled. “They're inside.” The tall black-haired woman was feeling great. The thrill of the hunt... She looked at her two henchwomen. “Ladies, you better ready your guns and your knives. This time, we end them.”

Venia Iven was wearing the same clothes as Mary, with a identification bracelet on her right wrist. She looked a lot like her sister Shayna. Although she was a little taller and her hair were longer, she had the same ears, the same nose, the same chin. She had the blue eyes, blond hair and tanned skin of the inhabitants of her birth Province.

The two sisters were staring at each other without talking, as if they were afraid that everything was a dream that would shatter if they broke the silence.

“Is that... really you?” Venia finally asked.

Shayna couldn't talk. She simply nodded.

They embraced.

“I thought I would never see you again...” Shayna finally said.

“Me too.”

Klenia and Mary were standing aside, to not disturb the reunion.

“I have so many questions..." Venia said. "How did you find me? Who is the woman with you?”

"This is Klenia. She's my girlfriend. We found..."

"Sorry to interrupt the moment. And be assured that it's a pleasure to meet you..." Klenia intervened. "But we can't afford to waste time."

Venia frowned. "What does she mean?"

“It means we're going to bust you out!” Shayna said.

Contrary to what they were expecting, Venia didn't look ecstatic, but frightened.

“But... Who will provide for me?” she worriedly asked.

Klenia frowned. “What?” she explained.

Venia's cheeks reddened. “Sorry... It's just... It's been so long... I didn't think I would ever get the chance to...”

“It's a bad situation, but one you're used to.” Shayna understood. “The unknown is scarier than the habit, as bad as it is.”

Venia nodded in silence, looking down. Shayna took her sister's hand.

“Trust me. We'll get you out of here. I'll get you out of here.”

This reassured Venia, who was looking a little more determined now. “What about the other workers?” she asked.

Shayna and Klenia exchanged a quick look.

“Listen, I've been thinking.” the latter said. “I don't like Emery but, as painful as it is for me to admit, she was right about one thing when we met at Matilda's Bane. It wouldn't be fair to release just one person. On the contrary, it would be selfish. I have an idea to break the others out.”

“Hieron...” Shayna started to say.

“Hieron knows us. He knows me. You can be sure that he half-expected us to take some... creative liberties with his plan.”

“But where would we bring them? And how would we be carrying them?”

“There's an embassy in Opal. The Solomons can't reach us here. After all, for the law, these workers aren't supposed to exist... The trucks in the hangar are big. We can probably fit everyone in two of them. Three at most.”

“What about the barrier at the entrance of the estate?”

“I don't think the barrier would be able to stop a fast-moving truck.”

“But...”

“We can't leave the others behind.” Venia intervened. “Some of them are my friends. I can't...” The woman shuddered. “You don't know what Jezebel would do... What she has done...”

Shayna gave up. “Okay. We'll try. But we'll need your help to wake up everyone and gather them in the hangar.”

Venia nodded. “I'm on it.”

Klenia looked at Mary, who had patiently and silently waited in a corner of the room. "What about you?"

“I... I will help too...” the brown-haired woman said. She was avoiding Venia's gaze. Apparently, each woman didn't appreciate the other very much.

“Then it's settled!” Klenia concluded. “Venia and Mary, you will wake up all the workers, and gather them in the hangar. Shayna and I will make sure no nosy guard come to spoil the fun, and will prepare everything for the big escape. Shayna, send the message to Aster and Judith.”

Aster looked at the text Klenia sent on her phone.

“That's our cue. We move.”

“What about Jezebel?” Salomé asked, pointing the bound-and-gagged unconscious woman lying on the ground. Aster had tightly hog-tied her, to the point that her feet were actually touching her buttocks, and had teared part of her expensive dress to gag her.

“Leave her under the bed with the other bimbo.” Aster answered.

The tall woman smiled, then complied.

“Can you lead me to your brother's office?” Aster then asked.

Salomé's smile instantly disappeared. “Simon's room?” she asked, clearly frightened.

“Yes. Is he here?”

Salomé thought a little. “I heard him say that he had a lot of things to discuss with Aaron. So most likely not. He'll be in the guards room.”

“Then we won't risk encountering him. I just want to try to grab some papers and to check his safe. I have an idea to create a distraction. If he's here, I promise to you that we will flee immediately before he can see us.”

This seemed to reassure Salomé, and she nodded.

“I'll show you the way.”

Aster grabbed Lena's wrist. “Let's go.”

Mary was on her way to the rooms of the second floor when, suddenly, someone grabbed and hand-gagged her. Not again! she thought to herself. Three women swiftly immobilized her. However, their leader let out a small noise of surprise when she managed to get a good look at her. Somehow, she was recognizing her.

“Mary! Fancy meeting you here!”

Mary's eyes widened. She recognized the voice. Anyone working for the Cartel as regularly as she used to was bound to remember it. Reka! The bodyguard of Calypso's accountant, and Sao's unofficial second-in-command. Incidentally, also one of the guards who subdued her the day she disappointed Calypso one time too many and was sentenced to be sold on the human market. Mary let out a shriek of terror, muffled by the tall woman's hand.

“I think she recognizes you, boss...” one of the henchwomen commented.

“I guess so. Either way, she's not dumb enough to scream with my knife right about to penetrate her stomach.” Reka removed her hand.

“R... Reka? Is that really you?” Mary stuttered.

“It's 'Miss BlackHills' for you.” the muscular woman retorted. “So, this is where you were sent by Boss Callianass after failing her one time too many?”

Mary bit her lips. She didn't want to remember the bad memories. “What are you going to do to me?”

“To you? Nothing, of course. We're pals, aren't we?” Reka said with a grin.

Mary was terrified by her outgoing smile.

“And pals help each other, right?” Reka continued. “So you will help us organize a surprise for the two bimbos we heard strutting around.”

“B...”

“Unless you've become friend with these scums. If that's the case, I will respect your decision.” the black-haired woman added. “Though I'll also have to gut you like a fish, because I want the heads of these b*tches and their friends... But be assured that I'd do it with a heavy heart.”

Mary nervously gulped. She was stuck between the hammer and the anvil. How was she going to get out of this situation? She wasn't an idiot. She knew that her best chance to leave this place was to help Klenia and Shayna, then give them the slip. Reka would probably put a bullet in her head as soon as she outlived her usefulness. But she also knew that she was dead if she didn't agree to help the criminal.

“I trust that there is no objection.” Reka said.

However, right now, there was only one way to get out of this conversation alive.

“O... Of course not!”

“Good.”

For Goodness sake... Just when things were starting to improve, now this happens. I know I've done bad things, but do I really deserve this?
Last edited by rufusluciusivan on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tirepanted3

Post by tirepanted3 »

A swift followup. I must say, the speed and quality of your work is encouraging me to pick up the pace with my own story. ;)

The "Hey! Psst!" at the beginning is the highlight of this new part, kicking off a funny exchange between Abigail and Deborah. Another welcome duo to the series' ever-expanding cast. It's great how all the different "teams" are serviced in this part - really helps put the scope of the story in perspective. And we still have time to give little flecks of personality to some of the victims, like the haughty Jordane.

I was a little confused by how Mark knew Reka, since they never meet in previous stories. I expect Reka is probably one of the nameless guards who help Sao assist Calypso in subduing Mary at the start of Utopia Part 4, but that's just a guess. In any case, another great chapter here.

Return to “Stories by Rufusluciusivan”