Northeastern Chinese policewomen in thigh-high boots

copan

Northeastern Chinese policewomen in thigh-high boots

Post by copan »

This is my first post on here and I understand the topic may be very particular, but it's something I've done some research on and found interesting. I assume there are larger communities that would like to hear about this sort of stuff so if anyone could help direct me to those places that would be appreciated.

Because of the very cold winters in northern China many cities in these areas have or had traffic policewomen in coats and boots. Policewomen in knee-high boots were too ubiquitious to be notable, but what struck me as interesting was how some cities fitted policewomen in over-the-knee boots, probably the first in modern history. They are nicely paired with stylish coats or other form-fitting clothing.

The most notable case was Shenyang, which first put policewomen in thigh-high boots in the winter of 2016:
http://www.ecns.cn/hd/2016-11-15/detail ... 5223.shtml
https://news.qq.com/a/20170303/007450.htm#p=1

Here at an awards ceremony in 2017 an even neater ceremonial uniform can be seen along with the boots:
They had these until 2018.

Another case is Dandong, which has more thickly clad policewomen:
These were also gone by the winter of 2018.

The much smaller city of Meihekou seems to have introduced them in 2018 just as they were phased out in Shenyang and other places:

Finally, although not in the northeast, the city of Baotou in Inner Mongolia was actually the first to fit policewomen in over-the-knee boots, that have distinctive buttons:
https://imgur.com/a/NdnYexl
This style of boot seem to have made it to the neighboring Alxa League at some point:

I think the boots go very well with their dark coats, white gloves, and other equipment, and even their pollution masks giving them a zako-like look. They would have been an exquisite sight on the streets.
Sorry if some of the pics are unclear, but these are only a fraction of all images I could find of this. I hope these serve as good inspirational material.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Re: Northeastern Chinese policewomen in thigh-high boots

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

Always beautiful to see. As a matter of taste though, I tend to prefer the light blue southern uniforms. High heeled with flesh or dark coloured nylons.

Thailand is also up there with the best. The uniform is simple, but the black court shoes are stunning.

The South Korean uniform isn't exactly sexy, but the young ladies certainly are.

My personal favourite though is Japan. When they're in their skirts, tights and black shoes they are number one in my opinion. Just a pity that they have taken to wearing trousers these days. :(
copan

Post by copan »

Mr. Peaky Blinder wrote:Always beautiful to see. As a matter of taste though, I tend to prefer the light blue southern uniforms. High heeled with flesh or dark coloured nylons.

Thailand is also up there with the best. The uniform is simple, but the black court shoes are stunning.

The South Korean uniform isn't exactly sexy, but the young ladies certainly are.

My personal favourite though is Japan. When they're in their skirts, tights and black shoes they are number one in my opinion. Just a pity that they have taken to wearing trousers these days. :(
The light blue shirts are just the summer uniform and can be seen anywhere. I don't think any actually wear high heels on duty for obvious reasons, don't think they do at ceremonies either since they seem to just have regular leather dress shoes.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

[/quote]
The light blue shirts are just the summer uniform and can be seen anywhere. I don't think any actually wear high heels on duty for obvious reasons, don't think they do at ceremonies either since they seem to just have regular leather dress shoes.[/quote]

They don't patrol in them. But in the stations and at immigration points for example, they often wear what they want so long as it's black. I've even seen ballet style shoes. Most tend just to wear leather though.

Some scenarios to consider:

An entire police station is seized somewhere in western China to obtain uniforms, weapons and long term hostages/prisoners of war during the current unrest.

Smugglers strip a troop of policewomen either side of Hong Kong to facilitate their criminal scheme.

A long distance train is taken over by thieves. In this one, lots of train stewardesses could be involved.

A mass break out from a women's prison in some isolated part of the country. They could even switch places until the authorities discover what has happened.

A brothel madam takes revenge and decides to kidnap a few policewomen in retaliation.

An industrial dispute that has for example, striking nurses or shop workers overpower a detachment of policewomen at a demonstration to gain access to a building or person.

Just ideas. But right now as everyone are wearing face masks too all are at least possible scenarios.

We just need a fresh new writer to take up the challenge. I can offer ideas and research if needed.

Any other scenarios you can think of?
copan

Post by copan »

I have been writing stories in Chinese with characters in uniforms based on these, but for the sake of creative freedom I just put them in a fictional country with these uniform designs in a civil war, so there's more possible scenarios with the chaos going on. But the themes in what I'm planning aren't that uniform stealing heavy.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

copan wrote:I have been writing stories in Chinese with characters in uniforms based on these, but for the sake of creative freedom I just put them in a fictional country with these uniform designs in a civil war, so there's more possible scenarios with the chaos going on. But the themes in what I'm planning aren't that uniform stealing heavy.
Wow! That's great. If you can do a uniform steal or two, please share. :)
Mr. Peaky Blinder

copan wrote:I have been writing stories in Chinese with characters in uniforms based on these, but for the sake of creative freedom I just put them in a fictional country with these uniform designs in a civil war, so there's more possible scenarios with the chaos going on. But the themes in what I'm planning aren't that uniform stealing heavy.
Could you give us the links?

Thanks!
themann56

Post by themann56 »

Think those are still considered knee-high boots.

Return to “East Asia”