Alias "Salvation" (2002)

meditions142

Re: Alias "Salvation" (2002)

Post by meditions142 »

The original video is down. Here it is again. Starts around 19:15

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x567yjl

To give an idea of the scene, Sydney and Jack are sneaking into a medical facility. They are going in for surgery but have taken an antidote to the anesthesia and Jack briefcase is rigged to release the same gas into the room. He releases the gas and all the doctors and nurses are knocked out.

The great regret of the scene is we don't any good shots of the nurses being knocked out. We also sadly don't get the uniform steal but Sydney clearly has stolen one the nurse's scrubs uniform as she and Jack approach a male and female nurse and Jack shots them with knockout darts.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

meditions142 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 am The original video is down. Here it is again. Starts around 19:15

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x567yjl

To give an idea of the scene, Sydney and Jack are sneaking into a medical facility. They are going in for surgery but have taken an antidote to the anesthesia and Jack briefcase is rigged to release the same gas into the room. He releases the gas and all the doctors and nurses are knocked out.

The great regret of the scene is we don't any good shots of the nurses being knocked out. We also sadly don't get the uniform steal but Sydney clearly has stolen one the nurse's scrubs uniform as she and Jack approach a male and female nurse and Jack shots them with knockout darts.
Alias is such a great show. It introduced me to J.J. Abrams, who is one of my favorite modern directors. Lost was a much better & Epic story, though.
Alias could have has so many more uniform/clothes steals, do to the various missions Sidney went on.
However, it seemed like the writers just kept passing up one opportunity after another.
Even when Sidney did steal an outfit for a disguise, we were never, ever shown an aftermath scene or "Shot" of the replaced woman.
meditions142

Post by meditions142 »

[/quote]
Alias is such a great show. It introduced me to J.J. Abrams, who is one of my favorite modern directors. Lost was a much better & Epic story, though.
Alias could have has so many more uniform/clothes steals, do to the various missions Sidney went on.
However, it seemed like the writers just kept passing up one opportunity after another.
Even when Sidney did steal an outfit for a disguise, we were never, ever shown an aftermath scene or "Shot" of the replaced woman.
[/quote]

Alias did like to tease us but not show us much. Even the wonderful scene with Debbie the waitress that has been often spoke of here left a lot to be desired with the discovery scene.

There was always one scene that while not a uniform steal i still really wish was better.

In an episode called Doppelganger Sydney infiltrated and office building and her team released knock out gas into an office building's vents. Apparently, all the occupants of the building are knocked out. Regrettably however the only close up is a male security guard. There is a quick background shot of woman unconscious on the floor of a hallway but that is it. I always thought how great a scene it would have been had they gone past some offices with secretaries out cold in their chairs or a receptionist slumped over the reception desk.

Return to “Nurses, Medics etc.( Scrubs)”