The next Grand Theft Auto (possibilities)

Announcements & General Discussion
Void99

The next Grand Theft Auto (possibilities)

Post by Void99 »

Anyone here in the gaming community or follows the latest gaming news will no doubt be aware that Grand Theft Auto developer, Rockstar Games, had a huge cyber security breach last weekend and about 90 minutes of DEBUG/pre-alpha footage of their next GTA game got leaked onto the internet.
It is all VERY EARLY work-in-progress footage.

Link to an article here.
https://www.dualshockers.com/what-we-le ... ta-6-leak/

I won't link to any videos or user uploaded images as naturally Rockstar Games and their parent company, Take 2, are on the warpath over this and copyright claiming/striking down EVERYTHING they see uploaded. Take 2 are very notorious for sending lawyers and even private investigators out for lesser things when it comes to their property. No joke.

But we do have some small nuggets of info.
We know for the first time in history, or at least since the when the franchise went proper 3D...one of the playable characters will be a proper established female character. A rather nice looking Latin-American currently named Lucia (this name could change).

She and another playable character currently called Jason, from what I could tell...appear to be a couple, though we don't know for certain.
Reason I bring this up is because from off the top of my head, I recall 2 uniform stealing scenarios in previous GTA games.

GTA: Vice City involved your protagonist, Tommy Vercetti (voiced by the late and great Ray Liotta) ....and a non playable character knocking out 2 cops and donning their uniforms.

GTA V involved one of the playable characters sneaking into a movie studio, KOing an actor and donning his tuxedo.

Obviously these are not of interest since they are both male/male scenarios. Rockstars last game, Red Dead Redemption 2, involved taking a guard outfit for disguise ....but not from another person. But this all does show Rockstar are no stranger to the uniform theft/disguise concept.

Now with an established female protagonist ....there is possibly a glimmer of hope! Certainly would be a great feature to add into the game in order to reduce your "wanted" level. GTA players will know what I mean!

Another thing of note ....even though this is early unfinished footage ..... in one clip (and the second image down in the article) where you see a behind camera of Lucia ....you can actually see her bra outline through the tight pink top she is wearing. To the best of my recollection ....I have not noticed this detail in past GTA games. And I recently played the re-remaster of GTA V in 4K quality that came out last March.

Hopefully this is positive signs toward a much more advance clothing mechanic system.
But unfortunately ....it's going to be a LONG LONG TIME before we find out. Based on history .... their games do not release until 18 months AFTER the initial official reveal trailer. Quite known for slipping back 6 months or even a year from their initial intended release date.
Trackman281

Re: The next Grand Theft Auto (possibilities)

Post by Trackman281 »

Anyone here in the gaming community or follows the latest gaming news
Of course, it's one of my favourite hobbies. ;)

You are correct that Vice City and GTA V both contain uniform stealing's, although as you rightfully pointed out, they are both M/M, so they are of no interest.

Now I really, REALLY want to believe that there is a glimmer of hope here too, but I just have this strange feeling like nothing will come out of it. Now personally I love your idea of having that as a feature in the game, I mean just imagine it. You have a 5 star wanted level, but you manage to take down a policewomen, swipe her uniform and car, before making your getaway. Now this could actually work, as you could have the whole "don't get too close to other officers in case they recognize your face" type of thing so it doesn't seem like an easy tactic.

Thing is though, I've done this several times in the past, of where I've seen a game that has a playable female protagonist, and I've gotten all these ideas of possible USB scenes, yet as always, nothing happens. My biggest example of this is the Assassin's Creed franchise. now those who know the series, knows that over the course it's lifetime, their have been several missions, in several games, of where you have to take out guards and steals their outfits, now sadly, ALL of these are M/M, so I always get my hopes up when I see we're using a female Assassin.......But here we are, as I say...Still nothing.

Their was a perfect set up in AC: Origins of where the female assassin Aya (Amunet), has to sneak into a gathering, now instead of mugging one of the female cultists for her robes, she simply finds a set hanging on a conveniently placed hook and swipes them instead. :(
their games do not release until 18 months AFTER the initial official reveal trailer.

Hahaha :lol: , that's not just Rockstar, that's EVERY single game that's ever been announced, as far I can recall. I have some games on my "to play" list right now, and quite a few of them have shown gameplay trailers from either this year or last, and we're only now just hearing reports of release dates.........Looking at you Alan Wake 2!.......But I digress. :P

Although I won't be a downer on the subject, because more and more games being announced are containing mostly female protagonists, so it is always leaving the window open for possible USB scenes in their games, but of course I'm just being optimistic. Although with the graphics in some of the games coming out today, it is fun to play around with some ideas. ;)
Void99

Re: The next Grand Theft Auto (possibilities)

Post by Void99 »

To be honest I'm doubtful also ..... think we might get a large unhealthy dose of sods law !!!!!
Either it will only be Jason who steals a uniform from another guy .... or Lucia does it to some skinny guy who fits her size !!!!!

But one can still hope for a good outcome!
I can definitely fantasise as both characters Lucia and Jason both appear to heavily fit the bill for the type of uniform stealing scenario I would want most ....not to mention other non-uniform steal fantasies I have had custom videos made of.
The focus obviously being directly on Lucia .....but acting as a 2 bit team, low level criminal duo who are boyfriend/girlfriend.
Interactions between the 2 being done by phone....the boyfriend making all sorts of unorthodox suggestions to assist her in certain situations.

Really sets the imagination off!
I assume they are a couple based of one portion of the leaks showing them in a cheap looking motel room where the player freely switches between the 2 characters. The motel room appears to only have 1 bed which is a double.

Maybe if Lucia is in a situation where she has KO'd a female cop and calls Jason to inform him of the situation....he tells her in order to escape the police officers who are out looking for her....that it would be a good idea to try and pass of as a cop. And maybe just for a bit of fun she could take a few photo/video captures of the unconscious female cop....STOP! I'm at it again.
Imagination overload!

But yeah.....games sure do get delayed a lot. Starfield had an official release date of 11.11.2022 ....now delayed to "sometime in early 2023" which could just mean anything really. Bethesda single player games are my biggest weakness!

Never played Alan Wake ....been meaning to try it for years now. Was a HUGE fan of Remedy's Max Payne 1&2 games. Both of those are getting full on remakes. Perhaps we will get to play Mona and need to infiltrate ..... I'm really clutching at straws now!

Return to “General Discussion”