Mourning

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

Mourning

Post by esercito sconfitto »

even if our community is worldwide, a majority of members are from the United Kingdom

I wish to express my condolences to them, for the loss of their Queen

let She rest in Peace
cuccut59579

Re: Mourning

Post by cuccut59579 »

Rest in Peace.
lord maul

Post by lord maul »

R.I.P Elizabeth II LONG LIVE THE KING!
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Thank you Esercito!

To all my fellow British members out there. Keep being awesome everyone!
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

Rest in peace to our wonderful Queen. Like most, I cannot even comprehend life without her.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I'm from the United States.
However my respects go to the Queen of England.
A woman who inspired and led her people for seven decades. That in itself is amazing.
She was without a doubt one of the most innovative leaders in centuries.
Without Britain there wouldn't be a United States Of America.
Your great empire has lost a leader and it's mother.
Void99

Post by Void99 »

Mr. Peaky Blinder wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:42 pm Rest in peace to our wonderful Queen. Like most, I cannot even comprehend life without her.
I would think for most ....life without her will be easily comprehendible, or at least the exact same as it was prior to her death.
The only ones who are deeply and genuinely affected by this are relatives, friends, people who worked directly for the monarchy, specific service veterans and the very small minority of ordinary citizens who actually had genuine and real interest in the affairs of the monarchy.

I went to work yesterday (Friday) ...2 buildings that have almost 1000 workers there. People were getting on with their jobs, joking about and general bantering like it was any other Friday. The only difference was the radio stations were playing all this sombre music all day long and having to hear constant phone calls into the station from people allegedly devastated. To me it honestly sounded like a competition on who could could sound the most upset, like they are trying to out-do one another.

But when I look around me in my actual physical environment .... I see absolutely nobody in any state of mourning. I went to the nearest town to my workplace after work ....and to my local town to where I live ....and it was just literally like any other day, business as usual.

What I'm seeing/hearing on TV/media/radio compared to what I'm seeing with my own actual 2 eyes....there is a huge discrepancy.
So when they say the "whole nation is in mourning" and use words like "the mother of our family" and "inspiration" ...I'm a bit confused to say the least. But ultimately not surprised.

Loss of life is almost always a sad thing. But the magnitude is greater when it's those that we had an actual genuine connection with, be it family, friends, or those we have GENUINELY been interested in such as writers, actors, creators alike, that hit much harder.

I have never been a fan or had any interest in the monarchy throughout my entire 41 years of life and certainly not going to lie and pretend I am in any state or mourning. But....sympathies to those who genuinely are.
Disguisedagent

Post by Disguisedagent »

Void99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:35 pm

I would think for most ....life without her will be easily comprehendible, or at least the exact same as it was prior to her death.
The only ones who are deeply and genuinely affected by this are relatives, friends, people who worked directly for the monarchy, specific service veterans and the very small minority of ordinary citizens who actually had genuine and real interest in the affairs of the monarchy.

I went to work yesterday (Friday) ...2 buildings that have almost 1000 workers there. People were getting on with their jobs, joking about and general bantering like it was any other Friday. The only difference was the radio stations were playing all this sombre music all day long and having to hear constant phone calls into the station from people allegedly devastated. To me it honestly sounded like a competition on who could could sound the most upset, like they are trying to out-do one another.

But when I look around me in my actual physical environment .... I see absolutely nobody in any state of mourning. I went to the nearest town to my workplace after work ....and to my local town to where I live ....and it was just literally like any other day, business as usual.

What I'm seeing/hearing on TV/media/radio compared to what I'm seeing with my own actual 2 eyes....there is a huge discrepancy.
So when they say the "whole nation is in mourning" and use words like "the mother of our family" and "inspiration" ...I'm a bit confused to say the least. But ultimately not surprised.

Loss of life is almost always a sad thing. But the magnitude is greater when it's those that we had an actual genuine connection with, be it family, friends, or those we have GENUINELY been interested in such as writers, actors, creators alike, that hit much harder.

I have never been a fan or had any interest in the monarchy throughout my entire 41 years of life and certainly not going to lie and pretend I am in any state or mourning. But....sympathies to those who genuinely are.
My thoughts as well. I've no love for monarchies or empires, so I never really had much affection for her, and certainly she didn't have much of an impact or effect on me. My condolences to her family and mourners but it's really not something that realistically impacts me.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

last two posts are worrying me.

The original intention of this topic was to alleviate the grieving of so many people in the United Kingdom, in the Commonwealth, and even men and women everywhere in the world, -and some of them are members of our community,- people affected by a truly sense of mourning , and I admit it was even made to alleviate the distress of mine , and I am Italian.

I am Christian, and am aware that the noble Soul of Queen Elizabeth II is now in the loving embrace of our Lord, the Lord she served day after day. Her Majesty the Queen of England is now in the heavenly Realm, whose Doors opened wide to receive her, to receive a caring and serving, humble Person, who dedicated herself to a difficult Duty .

Mourning is for the people still around here, people feeling the pain of the Departure of such a great and humble Woman. Their pain is real, please don't diminish it .
The Sick One

Post by The Sick One »

While talking about mourning, R.I.P. Mikhail Gorbachev, who died last week's Wednesday. May he be remembered as one of the few good leaders of the Soviet Union, the man who brought down the Iron Curtain and the man who ended 69 years of terror in eastern Europe. Too bad his modern replacement is just as bad as his predecessors.

Return to “General Discussion”