Mourning

Announcements & General Discussion
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Re: Mourning

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

Void99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:35 pm
Mr. Peaky Blinder wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:42 pm Rest in peace to our wonderful Queen. Like most, I cannot even comprehend life without her.

I have never been a fan or had any interest in the monarchy throughout my entire 41 years of life and certainly not going to lie and pretend I am in any state or mourning. But....sympathies to those who genuinely are.
Okay, fine. This is your opinion and you have a right to it. But this thread has one very humble purpose which is to mourn our Queen. The wider debate about royalty, a republic etc can wait until another time.
Last edited by Mr. Peaky Blinder on Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

The Sick One wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 pm While talking about mourning, R.I.P. Mikhail Gorbachev, who died last week's Wednesday. May he be remembered as one of the few good leaders of the Soviet Union, the man who brought down the Iron Curtain and the man who ended 69 years of terror in eastern Europe. Too bad his modern replacement is just as bad as his predecessors.
I don't want to see this thread getting hijacked, but here goes. He was something of a false equivalent though. Gorbachev never wanted the collapse of the USSR and supported the 2014 invasion of Ukraine. From the perspective of the West, he will be remembered fondly, but, frankly, he was an accidental hero.
The Sick One

Post by The Sick One »

Mr. Peaky Blinder wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:15 am
The Sick One wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 pm While talking about mourning, R.I.P. Mikhail Gorbachev, who died last week's Wednesday. May he be remembered as one of the few good leaders of the Soviet Union, the man who brought down the Iron Curtain and the man who ended 69 years of terror in eastern Europe. Too bad his modern replacement is just as bad as his predecessors.
I don't want to see this thread getting hijacked, but here goes. He was something of a false equivalent though. Gorbachev never wanted the collapse of the USSR and supported the 2014 invasion of Ukraine. From the perspective of the West, he will be remembered fondly, but, frankly, he was an accidental hero.
Better an accidental hero than somebody who didn't do jackshit, but is for some reason remembered as a god by some people (not talking about the queen, since she actually deserves to remembered fondly because of the things she did) but I see your point and apricate the information.
jacklove

Post by jacklove »

although i from china but i also feel bad for queen's died. i am sorry to hear that and express my great sadness
Void99

Post by Void99 »

Imagine living to the age of 96.
Imagine getting £85million ($98million, €98million) at TAXPAYERS EXPENSE EVERY YEAR for literally contributing nothing of any real value to the world. And anything that was contributed was taken out of that TAXPAYERS money.

Imagine being one of those MINIMUM WAGE taxpayers who was recently told that ON TOP of the £85million they must all collectively pay up in "Sovereign Grant" to the royal family....their energy bills are going to SKYROCKET from £1578 ($1821, €1823) to £3,549 ($4096, €4,103) come October.

But hey, let's not "diminish" those who take from the poor and GIVE TO THE RICH. Can't have that now. Perish the thought!
I'm sure she will have a grand funeral....PAID FOR BY US. As were all royal weddings and ceremonies.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

I sincerely hope you, Void99, manage to fix your issue - the overwhelming hate- and fill your void

just start loving. there is so much beauty and glory , in the day when a lovable and loved Person stands in the Heavenly Realm, whose doors opened wide to receive Her

I wish you the best
The Sick One

Post by The Sick One »

esercito sconfitto wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:01 am I sincerely hope you, Void99, manage to fix your issue - the overwhelming hate- and fill your void

just start loving. there is so much beauty and glory , in the day when a lovable and loved Person stands in the Heavenly Realm, whose doors opened wide to receive Her

I wish you the best
I mean, Void has a point. While I didn't have anything against the queen, she and the entire royal family don't really deserve all the tax-money they get (especially now that inflation has taken its hold over many countries in the world and everything is really fucking expensive). So while I don't think its the right moment to say anything like that, the man is spitting facts. Hard facts, but still facts.
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Okay, let me throw in my two penny's and.........Oh damn, I forgot the penny's, oh well nevermind.........But here is something I think we can all agree on. :)

Yes, we all come from different countries.

Yes, we all have our own respected views and opinions.

Yes, we may even have our own different religious point of views and traditions.

But we're all here regardless because of one simple thing. We all love USB (I mean how can you not it's frigging awesome). 8-)

So regardless on our different views, let's just all agree that our USB empire is forever.

USB forever! :D :D
The Sick One

Post by The Sick One »

Trackman281 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:18 pm Okay, let me throw in my two penny's and.........Oh damn, I forgot the penny's, oh well nevermind.........But here is something I think we can all agree on. :)

Yes, we all come from different countries.

Yes, we all have our own respected views and opinions.

Yes, we may even have our own different religious point of views and traditions.

But we're all here regardless because of one simple thing. We all love USB (I mean how can you not it's frigging awesome). 8-)

So regardless on our different views, let's just all agree that our USB empire is forever.

USB forever! :D :D
Can't argue with that. :D
pass

Post by pass »

God save the Queen...Great woman R.I.P.

Return to “General Discussion”