WARNING! OFF TOPIC ! socially sensitive and politically incorrect!

Announcements & General Discussion
The Sick One

Re: WARNING! OFF TOPIC ! socially sensitive and politically incorrect!

Post by The Sick One »

I have no bloody clue of what your problem is. But Merry Christmas, boyo.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

many thanks!

about my problem, allow me to bring this to your attention; around here in Europe and in the Western World , the Merry Christmas wishes aren't considered acceptable and they require a disclaimer :o

my problem...is that I am a Christian. A bad one, by the way, and I want to say Merry Christmas ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=christm ... nt=gws-wiz

Merry Christmas to you and to Sweden! :)
The Sick One

Post by The Sick One »

The hell are you even talking about? Your allowed to say "Merry Christmas" if you so please, no matter what religion you believe in or what part of the world you come from or live in. Also, it's not a problem being Christian. If you wonna believe in the bearded bugger in the sky, then you have the human right to do that.

That google link is one of the dumbest things I ever read. If you want to say "Happy Holidays" instead then be my guest, that's your right, but there's nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas. I'm not religious and is actually a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have plenty of friends who come from different religious backgrounds and beliefs, and all of them said the same thing; use what you want to use, but there's nothing wrong with either.

People are getting riled up for nothing nowadays. Since when did Merry-bloody-Christmas became as insensitive and rude as "darkie" or "greaser"? Don't make something as little as that into a massive social problem. People can say whatever they want, if that means Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or any other greeting.
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

Thank you for your contribution

Again, Merry Christmas!
Disguisedagent

Post by Disguisedagent »

There is absolutely no drama with saying Merry Christmas. This is a weird stance to take.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and whatever else y'all are celebrating!
themann56

Post by themann56 »

Non Christians can say Happy Holidays . Christians can say Merry Christmas. Done
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

:D Merry Christmas everyone!
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

The Sick One wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am The hell are you even talking about? Your allowed to say "Merry Christmas" if you so please, no matter what religion you believe in or what part of the world you come from or live in. Also, it's not a problem being Christian. If you wonna believe in the bearded bugger in the sky, then you have the human right to do that.

That google link is one of the dumbest things I ever read. If you want to say "Happy Holidays" instead then be my guest, that's your right, but there's nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas. I'm not religious and is actually a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have plenty of friends who come from different religious backgrounds and beliefs, and all of them said the same thing; use what you want to use, but there's nothing wrong with either.

People are getting riled up for nothing nowadays. Since when did Merry-bloody-Christmas became as insensitive and rude as "darkie" or "greaser"? Don't make something as little as that into a massive social problem. People can say whatever they want, if that means Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or any other greeting.
Calm down, guys.
I live in Philadelphia.
Although a recovering Christian and I don't celebrate the holiday, I usually wish those around me and in my neighborhood a Merry Christmas.
My neighborhood, Mayfair, has many, many different people living it it. Races, religions from all over the world.
There have been instances, where my "Merry Christmas" was met with anger and hate from those who aren't Christians or Catholic.
People seem to be very touchy when it comes to Political Correctness these day.
I made the mistake of calling a Black American man "Black". I meant absolutely no offence, but this dude was pissed and insulted by that label.
He corrected me, saying her preferred the term "Afro American". And believe me, he made it clear I was wrong and made no bones about it.
In my opinion, "Afro American" is a silly label. I'm a Caucasian American with family originally from Italy. I don't expect to be referred to as "Italian American".
Sorry to rant.
I've seen people get their ass kicked "Hard" for not being Political Correct or saying the "Improper" thing just by mistake.
My buddy and his friends went to a Gay Club downtown recently.
These Evangelical Christians were hassling Gay dudes entering and exiting the club.
Well, the next thing you know, The Christians were getting their teeth kicked in by a number of the Gay patrons.
My friend texted me the Cell Phone video of the incident. It was totally brutal. I thought the Bible Thumpers had it coming.
So, cut Esercito a break, my friend. He's just trying to avoid offending anyone.
This is truly a new world out there. If you think it's bad now, the best is yet to come.
Merry Christmas.
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

Do not focus on this, even though you live according to the Julian calendar, even according to the Gregorian - we are all people, we each have our own faith and traditions, but the human soul is one ... Therefore, happy holidays, Hanukkah and Christmas, all of you and our entire Board! :!: :D

Return to “General Discussion”