Phase One almost completed

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

Phase One almost completed

Post by esercito sconfitto »

18 days ago the zetaboards has been deleted without warning, and in the same week the Yahoo group has been wiped out leaving no trace, like it never existed :shock: ( I was the Administrator ). Tell me about coincidences...

thanks to John , who provided us with the inestimable gift of a safe haven, the Board has been rebuilt in its general main outlines . This process is not completed yet, it will take at least three months, but in some respect this board is even better than any previous one ;)

the problem is all about Phase 2. I estimate that here there is only 1/4 of the USB ( then Zetaboard ) members.

all the others are out there, wandering in the dark. They simply don't know we are here

any idea about Phase 2? how to reunite and reconnect with them?
redrunner

Re: Phase One almost completed

Post by redrunner »

I just did a search on 'uniform stealing' using both google and bing. This board appears as the second link using bing and the third one using google. Hopefully some of the ex members will find us that way.

Another thought is to post a message at the pages of Deviant artists (with their permission) that are known to us. Hopefully some of the ex members are still following them and their work.

The only other thought is that if members are in contact with others who are not here yet then they could pass on the link to this forum. Hopefully those contacted can do likewise so that we spread the news by word of mouth as it were.

Whichever route we take, I think it will be some time before we reach our previous numbers, BUT we must persevere to rebuild the community to it's former glory.

Redrunner
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

I agree with RR on this one. The board is fully searchable.

There are three possible reasons for the lack of membership:

1. Guests can view without joining. So, I say to these people "don't make yourself a stranger"

2. It is possible that as this board is hosted on an adult site (I'm not actually sure if it is) then it may well be blocked in some parts of the World.

3. Recent events have all been traumatic. Nobody is proud of what happened and may not wish to post until they regain their confidence.

Just some random ramblings there.

A big thx to the admin of this board and ES.
johnboy12
Site Admin

Post by johnboy12 »

Huge thanks to RR & ES for getting the nuts and bolts of this community together. Also huge thanks to those that have taken the time to join us here.

I suspect slow growth is largely due to the successive board closures this community has suffered in recent years. It takes a while for people to regain their trust.

To that end, I can just say this. Whilst we 'sponsor' this forum, we don't claim ownership. The community deserved a safe haven, we will provide it. Stable hosting on networks that are tolerant of adult content. We did this several years ago with freecatfights.com when their membership was 3000....it's now significantly larger. It takes time and most importantly, stability.

Sadly, as is the case at FCF, we don't really have the time to spend on the forums so a few months ago, I set the domain active and pretty much threw the handling of it over to RR and since the closure of Zeta, to ES. Darth is also here There couldn't be better protectors of this community.

To assure people, this forum is on a server in the US, it is tolerant to adult content. It is 'paid for' hosting so we don't have to worry about 3rd party rules. It is safe so long as anything we say, post, share is within the laws of the US. We don't need to be worried about moral judgements or subjective perceptions. We host and run several adult sites and have been in that area for a fairly long time. Those that join here need not worry about censorship & forum closures.

If we hit 100 members, I'll get auto backups set up so in the event of a catastrophic server failure, we have restoration. So please, join, participate, and get the numbers up.

Cheers
John

Return to “General Discussion”