Diverse opinions and free speech at D.A

Announcements & General Discussion
lord maul

Diverse opinions and free speech at D.A

Post by lord maul »

Having been at D.A now for 12 years I had thought i was
At an art site with a sense of community but it now appears
It's become a political forum for those who don't like freedom of expression and opinion anymore. Its mine I'll do what I want and you can't offer criticism seems to be the new mantra. So the way things are resolved is by schoolyard antics such as removing former friends commissions from your pages or blocking them without warning how sad some adults have come to this in an "art community"
esercito sconfitto

Re: Diverse opinions and free speech at D.A

Post by esercito sconfitto »

LM did Dimir block you? It seems he is still "watching " you, according to the line at his DA page
lord maul

Post by lord maul »

No I'm not blocked but Bound in the basement is no longer in his gallery so disappeared from my Favs on D.A without any
Warning so I'm not happy we agreed to part company as former friends but I didn't expect an act of that nature. I did actually pay for that work so had it not been saved and also posted here it would be gone.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

lord maul wrote:Having been at D.A now for 12 years I had thought i was
At an art site with a sense of community but it now appears
It's become a political forum for those who don't like freedom of expression and opinion anymore. Its mine I'll do what I want and you can't offer criticism seems to be the new mantra. So the way things are resolved is by schoolyard antics such as removing former friends commissions from your pages or blocking them without warning how sad some adults have come to this in an "art community"
The term for this is 'hyper-normalisation'. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

You can probably remember from years back my all too negative thoughts about there. Better stay clear or just ignore the blockers.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

All this is just the new norm, as the division between everyone grows stranger. People are behaving differently these says. Lines are being drawn in the sand and what separates us all is now pushing us further apart.
This is how "The End" begins, my friends. It starts at DeviantArt. Next...The White House. Then...The World.
Void99

Post by Void99 »

On Deviant Art.....is it possible to actually create actual galleries that are of one single story....so people can actually go through the images in order like you would an actual comic?
Or does everything just appear on your main account page?

Hope this makes sense....basically like having a separate folder (or gallery) for one specific set of images on a Deviant Art account.
Blue-Cynthia

Post by Blue-Cynthia »

Void99 wrote:On Deviant Art.....is it possible to actually create actual galleries that are of one single story....so people can actually go through the images in order like you would an actual comic?
Or does everything just appear on your main account page?

Hope this makes sense....basically like having a separate folder (or gallery) for one specific set of images on a Deviant Art account.
Yes. I still see people with galleries containing image sets of single stories or category.
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Hi Void99,
Yes I know it is possible as I've done it myself.
All that's required is to select "Add Gallery" on the gallery page, then name it to suit the title you want. When submitting art you get the option to select the galleries to upload to so all I did was to select the one I wanted and deselected the main gallery to avoid duplication (mainly).

On the suggestion of ES, once I'd uploaded the entire story I sorted them so that they read in order starting at the first image rather than in reverse order as happens when you upload them individually.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards
Redrunner
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I actually want to organize my Main gallery into different folders myself. For instance: the USB themed comics broken down into folders by story and characters.
I've been putting off doing this because it's going to take a lot of time.
Do you guys think this is a good idea, or should I bother at all?
FemaleSpy

Post by FemaleSpy »

darth chlorophorm 2 wrote:I actually want to organize my Main gallery into different folders myself. For instance: the USB themed comics broken down into folders by story and characters.
I've been putting off doing this because it's going to take a lot of time.
Do you guys think this is a good idea, or should I bother at all?
Not DA, that's dangerous for your artworks...

Return to “General Discussion”