ABOUT MY CUSTOM VIDEO

Announcements & General Discussion
darth chlorophorm 2

ABOUT MY CUSTOM VIDEO

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I really don't know if this is a dumb question.
20 years ago, I had a Uniform Stealing/bondage, custom video made, by AES Productions.
Since I bought and paid for it, am I allowed to post the download link to my Mediafire account?
Maybe I'm just beating a dead horse here. But, even though it's a poorly written, lousy acted, crappy, $400 custom video, that took me (no lie) only 20 minutes to write, I'd love to share it with the members here.
Just let me know either way.
redrunner

Re: ABOUT MY CUSTOM VIDEO

Post by redrunner »

Hi Darth,
The simple answer is no you wouldn't unless certain criteria was met. Let me explain further.

A lot of people misunderstand who is the legal owner of material. Generally when commissioning a custom video, the copyright will remain with the production company even if you have paid for the work. They will have the right to market it (usually after an agreed period of time) and will retain the model consent release forms. These documents are a contract between the model and producer allowing the use of the material as they see fit(within reason) .

So basically AES Productions own the video you commissioned unless you agreed specifically in your contract with them that the copyright transferred to you, in which case I would say that you would be allowed to link as the material would then be your property. For a number of reasons this is rarely the case though and I don't think many producers would work on that basis unless of course they significantly increased the price they charged you.

I hope that clarifies the position.

Best Regards

Redrunner
darth chlorophorm 2

Okay. That's fine. At least I know what's going on.
Thanks for the explaining this for me, redrunner.
redrunner

Post by redrunner »

Hi Darth,
I read your post through again and had one thought. As the video is now 20 years old it may no longer be part of the producers current portfolio.
I did check and they do seem to still be in business, so you could contact them and ask if they would allow you to post it at Mediafire.

They may take the view that it no longer generates much income would serve as an advert for their newer content and grant you permission. You could also point out that they could have a link under the commercial producers at this forum and update on content that is relevant to our theme - ie FEMALE uniform stealing / identity theft etc. as several other producers have done in the past.

Hope that's helpful.

Redrunner
darth chlorophorm 2

I just E-Mailed Ken Scott, over at AES and asked him about the video.
I can't believe his still running things there after 20 years.
Thanks for the advice.
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

AES Productions still do videos?
Wow, I did not know that.
If I may: Is your custom video part of the catalogue or they just made it for you?
darth chlorophorm 2

Torreken wrote:AES Productions still do videos?
Wow, I did not know that.
If I may: Is your custom video part of the catalogue or they just made it for you?
Torreken, They made the custom video I paid them to produce, then later, they added it to their catalogue.
Torreken

Post by Torreken »

Ah ok, thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”