Paid membership?

Announcements & General Discussion
Trackman281

Paid membership?

Post by Trackman281 »

Eeerrrrrmmmm I just received an email and a transaction from either this board or the website as a whole saying I have been charged £25 because I used my PM. It came out off my bank and everything. Eerr what's going on and why is this happening. Can I please have some assistance? :?: :shock:
darth chlorophorm 2

Re: Paid membership?

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

WOW! THAT'S MESSED UP!
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

I never heard of anything like this before

it looks like a fraud to me
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Yeah I just found it strange that money has actually come out of my account. Hhmm I've very very rarely use my PM and even I do its just to the odd member of this board every now and then. But even then definitely no discussions of money or anything else ever happened. :shock:

Okay fair enough I just wondered if anyone else had ever had anything like this happen. I'll contact my bank tomorrow and hopefully if it fraud they'll trace and get ot back no worries. :D
esercito sconfitto

Post by esercito sconfitto »

please keep us informed it's a serious affair

I wonder if other members have been hacked ( of course this could be a case of phishing) :cry:
FeMilImpos

Post by FeMilImpos »

Strang, If this was the case I'm for sure John or any other Admin person would have told the board about being charged for the PM.

I don't think anyone gave bank account info to the board?

Sounds like a scam, somebody either got hacked or it's a phishing scam.
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

Trackman281 wrote:Eeerrrrrmmmm I just received an email and a transaction from either this board or the website as a whole saying I have been charged £25 because I used my PM. It came out off my bank and everything. Eerr what's going on and why is this happening. Can I please have some assistance? :?: :shock:
Cancel your card and change log in details. Sounds like somebody has access to your account.
johnboy12
Site Admin

Post by johnboy12 »

This is not something that has been set up on the forum.

Could you forward me at {john AT s-a-web.com} the email you received regarding payment if you could forward the whole thing it would be appreciated.

If you could also let us know exactly how the billing is described on your card statement.

The more information you can send us the better. We will get to the bottom of it.

John
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

Sent you an email John. But I think I might have got it sorted. :D
Trackman281

Post by Trackman281 »

All been resolved. Just wanted to give a massive thank you to John for helping out in this and helping me sort this issue out. Thank you again. :D :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Still not 100% sure what triggered it in the first place but John's team are investigating the issue. So all I can say is that if any other member has this issue please email John to get it resolved. He's an awesome guy to speak to and he gets it fixed quickly. :)

Return to “General Discussion”