Unbalanced board?

Announcements & General Discussion
esercito sconfitto

Unbalanced board?

Post by esercito sconfitto »

well I believe it's unbalanced :)

I keep thinking this all the time

1) look at the 'picture' section of this board, we can enjoy no less than one or two excellent pics per day...from Pixiv, from Deviantart, etc. It's like a flow, like an inundation, well now don't misunderstand me, I am happy about that.I repeat, Nobody is happier than me about this. It's like a dream that has come true...

2) but now take a look at the stories section, with only three wonderful active writers which are longtime USB members, and sometimes scarce contributions from other authors

and at Deviantart, nothing. NOTHING! :roll:

( yes, YES, there is Muskra...but he blocked me :shock: )

and the rest is silence

and where the hell is Dave Dorc :cry:
Blue-Cynthia

Re: Unbalanced board?

Post by Blue-Cynthia »

Writing is equally just as hard if not more so than creating artwork.

Just like when drawing or posing artwork, you should ideally know what you plan to do. And even then having your idea plotted out is not enough. How much detail will you put in the scene? How long should it be? What descriptors should be used to describe the scene better? Writer’s block?

This is my two cents on the lack of USB stories here as a fanfic writer myself. I don’t blame anyone for the ‘unbalance’ of pictures to stories. Creating a good story takes the same amount of effort if not a whole lot more than creating a good piece of art. That’s my take and opinion. Besides, some people are simply better at drawing/using programs than writing and vice versa.
esercito sconfitto

Blue-Cynthia, I don't blame anyone... I was just considering the facts, the board is unbalanced

about your explanations... yes, maybe they are correct. Maybe today's popular culture is only visually-oriented, etc... but the GAP is TOO wide.

Well, there is not even a gap :o
Mr. Peaky Blinder

Post by Mr. Peaky Blinder »

I think these days most people prefer instant gratification i.e visually. Let's face it, most of us can't even watch an episode of our favourite TV show without the ff button.

As for me, without bringing politics into it, I wish somebody would write some Asian based stories. Lots of potential concepts right now with half the continent going crazy and wearing masks.

Many thanks to all who have contributed though.
andyv2k14

Post by andyv2k14 »

First of all, writing is a form of art. The difficult part to writing is that you have to lead the audience to your vision without force feeding it to them with over-description.

In terms of writing, I am trying to be more active, but I work long hours. It is hard for me because I can't often finish an installment, but then when I come back to it a few days later I am not satisfied with it so I delete and start over. This is a long, long cycle.
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

For years I was a big contributor of USB comic to this board. I haven't been able to draw for a long time now, do to the fact that drawing hand has begun to shake a lot when I draw.
So, I really should be doing writing. I like to write and i'm always coming up with more stories for my female characters from the Campy Comics Universe.
The saga is not over for them. There's a lot more to tell, who says it just has to be told in comic book form.
so, ES, my old friend, I feel partly responsible for there being a lack of original stories being written by USB members.
My promise to the members here is, i'll start writing some more stories and the Campy Comics' Heroes shall return to USB!
esercito sconfitto

Andyv2k14, my friend, don't tell this to anyone, but I am a Catholic ( a bad one, of course, since I am here :) ) and as such I go to Mass. Years ago, I remember, at Sunday Mass a priest rebuked US, the believers standing there in the Church, because we are too FEW

o.k., telling this episode is another sin of mine ( please Lord forgive me). Anyway, I NEVER intended rebuking the writers of this board;I am immensely grateful for your presence here
... the topic was intended to underline the fact- or maybe, just as last , it was to rebuke the others ( the non writers).
But no, I don't rebuke anyone, I am a sinner ;)

to Darth ; many thanks, buddy! :D
darth chlorophorm 2

Post by darth chlorophorm 2 »

I was raised Catholic too, my buddy.
My Dad's side of the family, which is gigantic, is all Roman Catholic. I mean diehard Catholics.
When I was growing up, My Grandmom's house was right next door to our church. Every Sunday, she made me go to the 1:00 Mass. That was the hour long mass, with all the damn singing. Man, right next door. There was no way of getting out of going to church at all. I was doomed!
Now, I refer to myself as a recovering Catholic. LOL!
But, worry not, ES. Here in Philly, there are Catholics abound. So you're not alone.

Return to “General Discussion”